Video: Time to post that “Star Trek” trailer that you’ve probably already seen

posted at 9:49 pm on December 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

Why post it if you’ve already seen it? Because (a) with “The Walking Dead” on mid-season hiatus, I have nothing to whine about in the weekly Monday night whine-about-TV slot. And (b) I need a Trek fan to explain to me the appeal of this trailer, assuming there is any. I didn’t see the 2009 reboot but I can understand the fun of watching iconic characters reimagined and put through their paces onboard the Enterprise. This clip doesn’t feel like Trek at all, though. If not for the uniforms, it’d be a generic sci-fi/fantasy thriller. Question, then: How much of the appeal here is Trek-related and how much of it is simply that it’s J.J. Abrams and the first film was solid and this one has a nice little “Wrath of Khan” vibe going on and the F/X look sweet and therefore you’re all but guaranteed a good show, even if the only vividly Trek-related element in the movie are Spock’s ears? Is it pure branding, in other words? I.e. if you loved the original series and TNG, you’re duty bound to see this? Or are you expecting something more, like seeing them play with the conventions of the series?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Star Trek is dead to me now.

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Is there where those tribbles take over the ship?

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I can’t wait to see Kahn Noonian Tribble Gary Mitchel Mudd take Kirk on.

Warner Todd Huston on December 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM

if you loved the original series and TNG, you’re duty bound to see this?

Absolutely. If you are a Trekkie, you have to see this.

If I had to sit through years of that rotten “Enterprise” series, this movie will be fine.

portlandon on December 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Well..

It was dead to me when William Shatner decided, after washing his hands of Sta Trek, that there was money to be made after 1969 cancellation of Star Trek with the 70′s conventions….

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM

portlandon on December 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I wouldn’t touch Enterprise with Sandra Fluck’s Bubba’s stiffness.

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM

One should actually watch the first before asking questions like those….

…but yeah, it sold out back in the 1970′s, so what’s the big deal now?

Hurricanes on December 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Since the director of the frist re-boot movie said at a convention I attended that he didn’t care what the fans wanted or thought, I decided that I didn’t care about his movie.

polarglen on December 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM

These days, nothing classic can be remade unless it is remade into some dark metaphor. That is how Big Entertainment types think they can put a new spin on an oldie. Make it dark, make it brooding, and take the child-like wonder out out of it. Hell, why not throw in a rape scene for good measure. Must suck to be a kid these days.

Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Batman and Robin, Star Trek, all that great family fare of the past has been perverted this way. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing IF it actually made it better.

keep the change on December 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM

The reboot was exactly that. It was an incredibly bland, generic Scifi/fantasy movie that wasn’t terribly good on its own merits and really had nothing to do with Star Trek beyond the absolutely superficial.

CrankyTRex on December 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Oh come on.
The last Star Trek movie where all the characters met for the first time was pretty good.
It was entertaining and original.
Fer’ crissakes….it’s just a movie.

Get a life!

NeoKong on December 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Story of good triumphing over evil.

A much needed escape from reality as far as I’m concerned.

Hog Wild on December 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

keep the change on December 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Star Trek: Insurrection damaged the TNG series. It was dark and just had a bad feeling all through it.

portlandon on December 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Is there where those tribbles take over the ship?

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Spark…
Now come on…

The original Star Trek..the tribbles over indulged in grain..

There isn’t anymore grain as it is being converted to fuel..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Fer’ crissakes….it’s just a movie.

Get a life!

NeoKong on December 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I have a life…

And it won’t include this crap…

Well..

Except us talking about it now..

But tomorrow..

Forgotten..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Obowma’s second term…

Seven Percent Solution on December 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

So if Vulcan blood is copper based, instead of iron based as ours is, does that mean that Vulcan farts aren’t methane based, like ours, but are some other gas like butane?

radjah shelduck on December 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

portlandon on December 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I play Insurrection to scare the kids..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

No, stop screwing with my childhood. If you want to make another Start Trek, bring back Shatner, put his hairpiece on and stuff him in his girdle.

V7_Sport on December 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

For AP and NeoKong. And payback for all that Walking Dead fan-boy crap. :)

I feel you’ve given me license to write any way I’d like with that sentence. Ahem.

So: Have you ever watched the series or the first movies? The idea is to go intelligently into a future where man has transcended a fair bit of his own problem and is now encountering a universe that attempts to harsh his contemplative (but fun-loving) mellow.

Star Trek is dead to me now.

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM

That.

This is Star Trek for idiots.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I’m kind of intrigued to the direction JJ is taking Trek now. The franchise peaked with DS9 in my opinion, and Voyager was pretty much a trainwreck with B&B at the helm. Enterprise started off crap but really shone in its final season when B&B finally realized they were suffocating Star Trek to a slow death and let go of full control.

That said, the recent 2009 movie was pretty good since it tied back to the main universe we’ve known and loved. Rumor has it the villain in this coming movie is Gary Mitchell from The Original Series’ second pilot ep. If they’re digging into TOS for ideas/themes and such, I like it.

mythicknight on December 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Back in the day..

I would have thought that Gene Roddenberry would have been offended by the direction his story has taken..

But…

He lost interest back in the Original Days of Star Trek..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM

…h u h ?

KOOLAID2 on December 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I actually think Enterprise was “meh.” Never in contention for the greatest Trek, but not the worst either. Okay, considering at that time we’re talking UPN and what had to be a budget far smaller than anything in the Season 3+ of TNG when they were doing their best stuff.

It’s Voyager that was the low point of the Franchise and IMO contributed enough to Star Trek fatigue that there was no way Enterprise could have had a chance to grow a beard.

Gingotts on December 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM

If this second one is as good a romp as the first one, we’re in.

I can’t believe all the crankypants in this place. Re-watch the old Star Trek. Compare with the new movie.

Mommynator on December 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

…not even a glimpse of the final frontier.

equanimous on December 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Seriously, British Sherlock is so full of win right now.

Patrick Ishmael on December 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Heck, I didn’t even know they were making another one.

cozmo on December 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I admired Gene’s vision of the future…
Just that he didn’t factor in the “Obama Equation”

There were no Women with free Obama Communicators..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Your response is most logical, for a human.

SpocPlug

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

To boldly go where no man has gone before: I’m still waiting for this franchise re-boot to put Sulu in a Tutu.

locomotivebreath1901 on December 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Meh.

Now if it was Mad Max 4: Fury Road, well, that’s a whole ‘nother kettle of tribbles.

Bruno Strozek on December 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

…not even a glimpse of the final frontier.

equanimous on December 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

It take time for NASA to mold the minds of Muslims..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

But I don’t want to go into the darkness. I get enough of that with Obama. I liked the first one just fine.

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

If this second one is as good a romp as the first one, we’re in.

Mommynator on December 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I have. That’s why I dislike it.

CrankyTRex on December 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM

“Insurrection” wasn’t too bad. My only criticism is that it felt like an extended episode of the TNG series.

“Nemesis” on the other hand, was a major disappointment. Terrible script, even worse direction.

eaglescout_1998 on December 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Enterprise died on politics. They gave me a stupid allegorical plot where a crew-member got aids, and the evil and calloused Reagan government didn’t want to treat her because people that got aids deserved to die because of the way they got it. One episode, the captain let a hundred million people die in the name of evolution — I didn’t even like him after that; it was astonishing and inhuman. One bad, heavily political episode after another.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The first one was fun, the actors have a good chemistry going, and Chris Pine is really cute. Looking forward to the next installment.

Lightswitch on December 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

LOL, Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch as the bad guy…

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

anyone ever listen to that Spock vs Q thing?

…pretty entertaining if your into Star Trek.

equanimous on December 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I liked the first one just fine.

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

You and me both..

I also liked the time period of the first…

And Gun Smoke..

I dream of Jeannie..

Bewitched.

Bonanza.

F troop..

Etc..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

And another thing.

lol — jk

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

The 2009 film was pretty bad.

Star Trek: The Pepsi Generation

I wanted to drown them all (except for Nimoy) in Red Matter.

sentinelrules on December 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

This movie has a warped factor of 9. Mature audiences only. To go where no man has gone before.

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

What? Are you talking about the TV series?

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

To go where no man has gone before.

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Obama is doin’ just fine in this category..

To go where no Country has gone before…

Not even France or Greece..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Hollywood 101 — minimum effort + maximum profit = OSCAR!

Hefty bit of Star Trek branding. Throw in a little bit of Thor. Little bit of X-Men. Little bit of Green lantern. Little bit of Star Wars Episode III. Little bit of Fantastic Four. Little bit of make-up. Little bit of fire and smoke. Little bit of tussling and punching/kicking. Little bit of CGI — and VOILA!

Instant action flick full of computer generated eye candy with a turgid script that practically wrote itself — based on a popular TV series that’s older than 90% of the actors portraying the original TV series characters.

JJ Abrams — you magnificent bastard.

FlatFoot on December 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

You repel me.

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

The original series was good.

The motion picture had the most beautiful machine ever created put on film.

Search for Spock – saddest scene ever put on film.

TNG – meh
DSP – meh
Voyager – blech
Enterprise – could have been better.

cozmo on December 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

It seems stupid.

blue13326 on December 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I long for a lingering view of Jolene Blalock in what ever iteration of the TV series she was in.

countrybumpkin on December 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Why did they always have to set their phasers to stun? I wanted to see them cut some limbs off with a sweeping beam of light like on star wars.

Plus why didn’t Spoc teach the captain how to pinch people on the neck to knock them out. Would have saved all that senseless wrestling.

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

countrybumpkin on December 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

As long as she is wearing a tight one piece.

cozmo on December 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Flying into and out of a black hole like some stupid 50′s movie where the ship is powered by “magnetism,” or the aliens are horrifying because they’ve harnessed the power of the “laser.”

It’s just so dumb. Make it stop. My Star Trek. My . . .

*uncontrollable sobbing here*

What? Are you talking about the TV series?

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

This one.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

she’s

*sniff*

here

*sniff*

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Why post it if you’ve already seen it?

Because (a),

with so much news going on,who has the time!
(snark)

Thanks AP,I haven’t gots around to it yet!:)

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I thought the 2009 Star Trek movie was EXCELLENT !
Not sold on this trailer, though… the third installment will have a Howard the Duck cameo at this rate. May not even be done with production yet, so those trailers normally are more vague that your average teaser.

Glenn Jericho on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

It was obvious the original series was low budget.

The couldn’t afford a decent transporter, the thing was always breaking down.

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

LOL, Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch as the bad guy…

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

He’s pretty damn good on Sherlock, so I’ll be interested to see how he does as the heavy in this(and find out who in the hell he’s playing).

I really dug Abrams’ 2009 Star Trek, so I’ll definitely check this one out. My only hope is that it’s not another story about saving Earth. They’ve gone to that well way too often in the film series. BTW, the first 9 minutes of Star Trek into Darkness are being shown before IMAX screenings of The Hobbit starting this weekend.

Doughboy on December 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM

***************** AWESOMELICIOUS **********************

**InTo DarkNess**

Me thinks,its about Hopey/Changey’s second term,and
the title,is in your face racism related,er,or not!
(snark)

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Even when I was a young ‘un Star Trek pretty much lost me whenever they showed a distressed Star-ship Enterprise tilted in space.

Tilted in space? There isn’t up or down in outer space just towards things or away from things or placed somewhere amidst.

viking01 on December 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Sparky, its a good thing trekkies are more tolerant than those who follow the religion of peace.

Otherwise, you would be in tribble trouble.

cozmo on December 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Exactly. This is what JJ-Trek is. The 2009 movie was exactly that, and this promises more of the same. But also ripping off all the iconic parts for the original movies.

JeffWeimer on December 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Live long and Prosper..

As long as it isn’t in America….

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It looks like Star Trek meets The Dark Knight.

vcferlita on December 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

viking01 on December 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

But tilted is still a posture…
Kinda like America today..

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

she’s

*sniff*

here

*sniff*

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Axe:She’s built like a Brick OutHouse!(sarc):)

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Remember when Star Trek was about science and exploration and discovering strange new worlds?

yeah…

Honestly, I think Star Trek has evolved (V’ger.. heh!) into the personal consciousness. Like Batman the story will be passed on from generation to generation and each director will interpret the characters differently (like the 60′s Batman campy series… or Tim Burton’s interpretation) and sometimes they’ll suck (Clooney) and sometimes it’ll transcend (Dark Knight Rises)…

But, on the bright side… it’s never gonna die.

Skywise on December 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Live long and Prosper..

As long as it isn’t in America….

Electrongod on December 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Electrongod:Take comfort in noting that Canada,is…(kidding)

….Texas of the North!:)

Hey, Republicans: Feeling like outcasts after Obama’s re-election? Come on up to Canada!
*********************

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM

It was obvious the original series was low budget.

The couldn’t afford a decent transporter, the thing was always breaking down.

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

LOL

Heisenberg Compensators were titchy.

Axe:She’s built like a Brick OutHouse!(sarc):)

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I can’t find a decent picture of Leeta, Dabo girl on DS9 . . . anyway, we dated a while. Then Seven of course.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

No Karl Urban clips? I feel cheated.

azarkadas on December 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM

My favorites were the episodes where Jolene wore only the Vulcan ears.
Could we get those back by “popular demand”?
Where do I sign?

countrybumpkin on December 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Have you ever read or seen older Sherlock Holmes stories or movies? The idea is to follow a series of clues to a plenty artificial, but enjoyably imaginative, conclusion. That has nothing to do with a dumb action adventure film, where the idea is to go from explosion to explosion and finally make one last thing explode to keep one last thing from exploding.
Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Even Sherlock Holmes isn’t Sherlock Holmes anymore. Now he’s like a gonzo MMA fighter with time-stop reflexes… or something.

I read that 3/10 movies in the 80′s were remakes, reboots, or the next in a series; and the rest were original concepts. Today that ratio has more than reversed.

Creativity is a dying art. Most of what we do now is cannibalizing our past. It’s like in ancient times when barbarians took over an advanced culture and used its theaters to do fire dances. Except there was no invasion; we’ve just sort of devolved.

logis on December 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Meh.

Bruno Strozek on December 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

SOMEBODY SAY “AMEN!!!”

Got my hands in the air. And I’m not even Pentecostal.

CurtZHP on December 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Axe:Lol,ya,that’ll keep ya busy,haha!:)

canopfor on December 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Oh, I’ve never watched any of the others, just the Shatner, Nimoy series. I did watch the first movie and thought it was pretty good.

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM

she’s

*sniff*

here

*sniff*

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Silicone based life form.
Me likey.

justltl on December 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM

First of all this is an official teaser trailer and not a official typical movie trailer (there’s a difference) so of course it’s not going to give off much vibe like ST

Second of all this movie is base off of the original tv series 2nd episode “Where no man has gone before”……So to Trekkies they will quickly remember what I’m talking about. So not to spoil the plot, the only difference I see is that part of the revenge will happen on Earth not on a distant planet.

journeymike on December 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I liked that 6 of 9 chick.

But the original series was all over the map. They were always changing the tone to match what they thought the audience wanted. They even had their silly season that included the tribbles. I was always more of a Star Wars fan until TNG. Deep Space Nine about ended it for me. It was like watching a soap opera with extra makeup. Voyager was ok and then I didn’t follow anything but the movies after that. The movies (the memorable ones) had a dark edge to them. I thought the little creatures crawling into the ears was pretty intense for the time. I didn’t want to like the last last movie because the previews looked like Melrose Place in Space but it was actually very good. It didn’t feel dark or at least didn’t stay that way. The only problem with this one is that these guys haven’t been a team long enough to form the kind of bonds that the original Kirk and Spock had. So the scene where they are touching hands through the glass seems forced. Although this Spock is gay so maybe they are working in that angle as gays must be overrepresented in every movie now. So it’s ‘edgy’. ‘Edgy’ being a term used to describe boring liberal tropes.

MechanicalBill on December 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM

They had hinted at Cumberbatch playing Gary Mitchell…. but the trailer seems (to me) to go in a completely different direction. Perhaps it is Abram’s-style mis-direction… but the teaser makes me think they really did go with using Kahn as the villian.

Who knows?

And for the obvious, cynical reply to that last question: I care.

;-)

RightWay79 on December 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM

all you nerds will see it just like me

and that is definitely acceptable

LaughterJones on December 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I’m looking forward to it! Loved the last Star Trek film, it’s among the best, IMO, but I’d also love a new STNG or even a Voyager movie. I’d also love a new FireFly season/movie, or even Babylon 5. I guess what I’m saying is that there isn’t enough science fiction in the world anymore.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM

but I’d also love a new STNG or even a Voyager movie.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The 2009 Star Trek Movie has shifted the plot lines of all the Original Star Trek,TNG,Voyager,Deep Waste 9, etc. Since the planet Vulcan was destroyed, and the many ships/cadets were destroyed by the time traveling Nero, it changes the future. This also means possibly a new TNG series based on the 2009 future.

portlandon on December 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

The reboot took James T. Kirk, made him into a punk put him onto the Enterprise before he even graduated from the academy and promoted him to captain the same day in a way that was insulting to the legacy of the original series and the viewers as well

halfbaked on December 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Pretty much. What’s a fanboy to do???

I wasn’t expecting it, but now that you’ve mentioned it, I’m dreading it, because that’s what these stup1d producers do – they mess around with the brand to “take bold steps” and end up causing much anguish to nerds the world over.

AlexB on December 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM

halfbaked on December 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM

But wasn’t that the Story Shatner’s Kirk told? He was a cocky kid and cheated (or got imaginative) on his test?

MechanicalBill on December 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Sherman1864 on December 10, 2012 at 11:32 PM

MechanicalBill on December 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Shatner’s Kirk was described as a stack of books with legs in his academy days. He also had a career in Starfleet that demonstrated his excellence before he became the Enterprise’s captain.

He did cheat on the Kobayashi Maru test. Shatner’s Kirk is remarkably coy about this, though, not cocky or self-assured about it. Moreover, it’s implied that all he did was stop the test from being impossible to win, unlike New Kirk who basically turns God Mode on and makes it blindingly obvious what he did.

At no time is Shatner’s Kirk even close to the insufferable jackassery of New Kirk though. New Kirk is constantly talked about as though he is the clever, knowledgeable Kirk we used to know, but the movie not only never demonstrates it, but actively refutes it all the time.

CrankyTRex on December 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Sherman: “Those screaming people are me when I learned we have to put up with four more years of Obama.”
Hey, thanks for the laugh! Wait until 2014…pulling of hair, gnashing of teeth, waiting 4 weeks in an MD waiting room, & then only to realize the Doctor doesn’t speak English! Where’s Dr. McCoy when you need him?

Belle on December 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I’m done paying to see anything written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Those two have no idea how to right a coherent story that makes any sort of sense. Add Prometheus scribe Damon Lindelof to the mix and you’ve got a recipe for fail.

Rip Ford on December 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I haven’t seen this yet! Thanks for posting it AllahP!
I am so there when this is released!

Kini on December 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I didn’t see the 2009 reboot…

Don’t listen to this bunch. It was a really entertaining movie. See it.

Murf76 on December 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

CrankyTRex on December 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

It’s not canon, but the Star Trek novel “Kobayashi Maru” told of Kirk’s test… and the way that book told it, the reboot was ultra-difficult by comparison.

It also told of Scotty’s, Sulu’s, and Chekov’s experiences with the test… I liked Scotty’s the best.

malclave on December 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Stupid ass JJ Abrams even has to have a A FRIGGIN LENS FLARE ON HIS FRIGGIN NAME IN THE CREDITS!!

rayra on December 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

How does anybody know if its gonna suck if nobody has seen it yet, hmmm,?

Allahs vulva on December 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

A program guide for Star Trek fans: It’s NOT Star Trek. It’s just loud explosions and special effects with interchangeable characters with no intelligent dialogue or interesting plots. It’s an alternate Trek universe that Gene Roddenberry would not recognize, although I bet he would still love the money.

Once Star Trek fans get past this and understand that, these movies can actually be entertaining.

Captain Kirock on December 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM

CrankyTRex on December 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

That’s a good argument and I’m sure your analysis is better than mine. Kirk always seemed too young to be captain so the new Kirk’s path didn’t seem too out of whack to me.

MechanicalBill on December 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM

How does anybody know if its gonna suck if nobody has seen it yet, hmmm,?

Allahs vulva on December 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Just the insipid sort of thing a talking vulva would say.

rayra on December 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Scotty, beam me out of here. No intelligent life forms.

tbear44 on December 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM