Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

CHRIS WALLACE: Let me just ask one question about what we will now henceforth call the Kristol scenario: Which is that they’ll end up passing the halfway cave, a limited cave on tax rates. That doesn’t avoid the fiscal cliff, does it?

BILL KRISTOL: It avoids the tax side of the fiscal cliff. There’s still a spending problem. Most of those cuts in spending are fine with me, except for defense. But there, the president seems to have no interest in us having a strong defense, and so again, I guess we can litigate that next year. There will be plenty of other opportunities to debate all these spending, defense and entitlement issues next year. My view is get the tax issue off the table, it’s the weakest one for the Republicans right now. Let the president own it and we’ll have a bunch of other debates next year.

***

Republican Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) told me Sunday on ABC News’ “This Week” that he is willing to accept tax rate increases as a component of a fiscal cliff deal, as long as Democrats put “significant entitlement reform” on the table.

“What we ought to be working on is the other 93 percent, because even if you do what [Obama] wants to do on tax rates, you only affect 7 percent of the deficit,” Coburn said. “What we have done is spend ourselves into a hole, and we’re not going to raise taxes and borrow money and get out of it.”

“And so will I accept a tax increase as a part of a deal to actually solve our problems? Yes,” he said.

***

“A lot of people are putting forth a theory – and I actually think it has merit – where you go and you give the president the 2 percent increase that he’s talking about, the rate increase on the top 2 percent – and all of a sudden the shift goes back to entitlements,” Corker said. “And all of a sudden, once you give him a top rate on the 2 percent it’s actually a much lesser tax increase than what he’s been talking about.

“I actually am beginning to believe that is the best route for us to take,” Corker said, “to again shift the focus to where it needs to be, which is entitlements.”

Via Gateway Pundit.

***

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said Sunday that House Republicans should agree to extending tax cuts for the majority of U.S. taxpayers

The Oklahoma Republican said this would swing leverage over to Republicans in their negotiations with the White House to avoid going over the “fiscal cliff” — a set of massive tax increases and budget cuts that will go into effect early next year unless Congress acts.

“It’s quite the opposite. We gain leverage,” Cole said…

“We are not getting 100 percent of what we want, but we can get a lot. John Boehner is trying to focus us where it belongs, and that’s on spending restraint and entitlement reform because this revenue won’t come close to dealing with our fiscal problems,” Cole said.

***

On Sunday’s Face The Nation, former Senator Alan Simpson told host Bob Schieffer that he’ll cover happy hour for wealthy Americans who don’t believe their taxes will increase: “If anybody out there who is quote ‘rich’ doesn’t think taxes’ll go up, the drinks are on me.”…

Schieffer pressed him, asking if he thought Democrats would have to agree to some entitlement reforms, as well. Simpson answered affirmatively, calling entitlements “the engine on the train driving us to the cliff.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I realize NO ONE in D.C. cares but…..

As the U.S. housing market slowly starts to recover, foreign investment is helping it along.

According to the National Association of Realtors, non-American buyers accounted for $82 billion in home sales last year. More than $7 billion of that is by the Chinese, who are now the second largest foreign home purchasers after Canadians. They’re buying high-end, multimillion-dollar homes from California to New York and paying cash.

“They’re probably the top 1 percent of the Mandarin speakers that are coming from China,” said Brent Chang, a Coldwell Banker realtor in Southern California. “They’re really the people who have their own businesses or maybe were part of the government.”

Some of these homes are specifically catered to Chinese buyers. Fox News visited a home listed at $8 million in Pasadena, Calif., that had two kitchens, the smaller one had ventilation for the cooking for aromatic or “stinky” foods like fish. It also has a lower level in-law suite and even a koi pond.

“People from China do a lot more business in their homes so they want their homes to really scream that they’ve made it and they’re successful, ” said Chang.

The Chinese like the U.S. because their money goes further. In Shanghai, $2 million might only get you a two-bedroom condo.

“You get a huge bang for your buck, you get land, you get good schools, you get a safe environment, nice community life, ” said Linda Chang, a realtor who works with her son, Brent, in the San Marino and Pasadena areas of California.

Chang says while many other real estate markets have suffered, her area has flourished thanks to Chinese and other foreign buyers.

“It’s been fantastic for the U.S. housing market because we have not suffered as other communities have,” said the elder Chang. “In fact, our property values have increased.”

While some of the Chinese buyers live in the U.S. full or part-time, realtors estimate about 40 percent of the homes are for investments. They’re snapping up houses in states hit hard by foreclosures such as Nevada and Florida. Some are buying two or three homes at a time.

According to Shanghai magazine Hurun Report, mainland China has almost 1 million millionaires and nearly half of them say they want to invest in OWN the United States.

PappyD61 on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Not so much.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Fooled Around And Fell In Love – Bishop

So…who’s been naughty… and who’s been nice? :)

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I was about the last guy in the shop who could craft parts by hand.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

A skill set that tragically is fast disappearing. Soon the only place it will still exist is in the hobbyist community.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Republicans should cut up the nations maxed out credit cards but give the Democrats leash to balance the budget. With the debt ceiling capped Democrats will have to make hard choices that both sides have been avoiding. With this strategy the Democrats will be stuck with the hot potato. If the Democrats try to gut defense then they will know from the polls that they’ll run that it will be their demise, so I wouldn’t worry too much. And let’s face facts here, we’re a bankrupt nation. We are in a similar situation that the USSR was in when they overstretched and had to reduce their footprint in the world. We have no choice but to cut back in defense and everywhere else, but the Democrats will have to be very careful about it.

But they will be the one who will have to eat the hot potato, not the Republicans.

And this is crucial for the future of the nation that this be done right now, it’s an emergency, and I think most American’s know deep down inside that it is in spite of all the propaganda they’re exposed to by the corporate media.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Long poem. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Axe! Let me get through this one first. Lol!

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Fooled Around And Fell In Love – Bishop

So…who’s been naughty… and who’s been nice? :)

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

When I am naughty… The ladies love me no end… ;) lol lol

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I believe that you meant “penile” implants.

Unless, of course, you intend to implant a prison…or something.

Solaratov on December 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Lol! As the inimitable Mae West said ” When a good woman goes bad…the men go right after her!”

I think that phenomenon applies to both sexes! :)

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Train Train – Blackfoot

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Good craftsmanship is still important to knowledgeable people. Unfortunately we are surrounded by low info types who can’t tell the difference between crap and hand crafted products. Idiots.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I think that phenomenon applies to both sexes! :)

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

ROTFLMAO… Being a Rock Star does, ummm, require one to be quite practiced at the arts of Naughtiness… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Good evening, Bmore. Did you ever get that lovely, trim, little kayak repaired and restored? :)

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

And whine and moan that they cannot get “Chinese” prices.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Evening Jackie! Are you reading the 91 page poem Axe posted for us to read? You know a thing or two about writing. Is a 91 page poem considered a little long for a poem?

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I’m No Angel – Allman

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’m No Angel – Allman

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAH… That song could almost have been written about me… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

It’s a subjective and relative question.

By most normal people’s standards, yes.

However, there are some much longer works.

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Caught Up In You = 38 Special

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

No, I haven’t been able to get back to it. I am largely in a life on hold pattern as of late. I’m starting to get back on track. Christmas this year has come up on me a wee bit quick. I have not been very creative. I have elected to fall back to lathe work for Christmas goodies this year. I can get everyone taken care of that way. Mid to late January I hope to get back to normal. Family is consuming much time right now, amongst other things. I will get the boat repaired before the spring. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM

thatsafactjack on December 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Well, I’m not as book smart as many here. I just hope I understand it by the time I get through it. Lol!

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Then there’s the Obamacare Cadillac tax exemption for unions. Delivered behind closed doors and out of sight of C-SPAN cameras, the Obama White House cut a lucrative sweetheart deal with AFL-CIO, Service Employees International Union and other labor groups to shield them from the federal health care mandate’s steep 40 percent excise tax on high-cost health care plans. The 90 percent of Americans who don’t belong to unions and participate in these plans must pay their “fair share” beginning in 2013.

But Big Labor’s cozy Cadillac tax escape clause is effective until 2018. Even after that deadline, union dental and vision plans will remain exempt. The cost? $60 billion in foregone tax revenue.

Who are the greedy, selfish, filthy-rich tax evaders pissing on the poor and politically unconnected now

Naught nice!

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Completely understandable. I’ve been a trifle out of step this year, too. However, I started putting up be-ribboned bunches of mistletoe today, and guests have begun to drop by for a cup of Christmas cheer. :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

As you know, I think the items that you craft are works of art in themselves. We all have our own muse. That burl vase you posted was remarkably beautiful.

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The national debt is immoral, especially when it grows to present levels that can never be repaid, because unlike our individual debt, the national debt is passed on to future generations. Those of you with children, imagine if you maxed our your credit, leveraging it to the max, so much so that you could never possibly repay it if you lived 10 lives, and yet you knew you had cancer and probably aren’t going to be around in 2, 4 or 6 years, and that your children will be responsible to pay back all of your debt after you’re gone.

That would be like selling your children into indentured servitude to your creditors.

Such practices were outlawed generations ago on an individual bases, but not in the federal government. Babies who haven’t even been born yet will be paying for our national debt for the rest of their lives. Even if they never find a job and live a life of poverty, never paying a dime of taxes, they will still be paying for the profligacy of other people because because there will be fewer jobs and a decreasing standard of living.

The national debt is fundamentally immoral, is destroying the nation, and the Republicans have the means to force the Democrats to stop it and to pay for the government they want instead of stealing from babies.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Well, I’m not as book smart as many here.
Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

ROTFLMAO…. NOT.BUYING.IT… BWAHAHAHAH…

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Booksmart is overrated.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Good evening..:)

PS..Hang in there..:)

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Booksmart is overrated.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Coming from a generation that cares as much for traditional literature as it does for traditional morals, I say you’re off base.

MelonCollie on December 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Any Way You Want It

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Fade To Black – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Good evening, Dire! How very nice to see you this evening. :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Yep, truly vexing. I buy seldom, but top quality when I can. I don’t need a bunch of crappy junk cluttering up my already cluttered life.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Solaratov on December 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Good catch.

SparkPlug on December 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My side of the Family waits until Christmas eve to put up decorations and such. Jan 1 it comes down. The better halfs side is gearing up quickly. Lol! Thanks for the reminder, I have some great mistletoe full of berries to shoot down, if the mocking bird doesn’t eat all the berries before I get to it.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Don’t Believe A Word – Moore

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

MelonCollie on December 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Good one, Bmore is about as life-smart as they can get. It was meant striclty for his comment.

Of course, -smart of any kind is valued and limitless.

Still, on the booksmart – Marx and Engels brung us all we’ve got. Just one thought on books.

p.s. universal classical literature is part of my soul.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

my already cluttered life.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

By mistake I’d read “my already cultured life” :)

Just kidding you, for smirks.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Its true, I don’t read nearly enough stuff.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

; )

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Evening Dire! I’m starting to get back to my ole normal self. Its a process as I am sure you are aware. : )

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM

“The word bipartisan means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” -George Carlin

The fact that Republicans won’t take advantage of this opportunity to compel the Democrats to clean house, when the power is in the Republicans grasp, demonstrates complicity.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Its a process as I am sure you are aware. : )

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Dire has a normal self? does Dire know that? More importantly, does Mrs Dire know that… ;P

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I’m glad you didn’t forget. Mistletoe is a very important element! :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Lol! The better half wishes I would aspire to a more cultured life. That ship has sailed, she hates me for it./

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

The GOP and the Democrats are just letting America’s future burn. They’re not even trying to stop it, in fact just the opposite, they’re trying to stop previous steps they’ve taken to tamp down the fire.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

All Along The Watchtower

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Cut, Cap and Balance!

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Stairway to Heaven

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Schadenfreude, I just thought to ask you this. I know you don’t like to divulge personal stuff here online. Do you remember me asking you a long while back what your favorite color was? You hedged as you always do, but I think if memory serves, you finally relented and told me. Was it black and white?

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Cut, Bait and Run!

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Winterwunderland

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven – (Rubinstein)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Good evening, Schadenfreude! That video and tune were wonderful! :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Black and white are not colors.

Please don’t make me a thing.

Your e-friendship is better than all.

p.s. does not mean that I don’t admire your traits.

p.p.s. if the “cut, bait and run” was for me, you be dead wrong; doesn’t mean that I’ll be the fish.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Evening Jackie – you like the snow and X-mas.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I think moonlight, reflected on a forest pool, or glittering across the ocean, or glimmering across the new fallen snow on a meadow, is enchanting.

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

About the only useful thing that the GOP can do right now is to cut up the nations credit card to stop the generational-theft. That’s what the GOP claims they desire, to cut spending and balance the budget, right? They claim that’s what they do except it would be political suicide.

Yet it must be done for the good of the country! And Republicans have the power to force the Democrats to commit political suicide instead, they’ll be forced to get serious, to say the least, and will have to cut spending. And they will be stuck with the potato and something will finally have to get done.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Well, hello folks.

I’ll give my sole commentary on this whole “fiscal cliff” issue, and then move on to other things – if I determine to hang around long enough this evening.

There may or may not be a true cliff, but we’ve long been sliding down the slippery slope. It’s just a matter of when we’ll hit bottom. Clearly we haven’t hit bottom yet, but I don’t think we’ll ever be able to truly climb upwards until we hit the true nadir. I believe our fiscal problems are interwoven with our social problems. It’s been a 100+ year slide. All this scree is chapping my butt.

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I do! And it’s wonderful of you to remember. Thank you very much, indeed. :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Lol! No it was for Floating Rock, I thought we had started a word game. He says three words, the next person says the first three words that pops into their mind. ; ) You are not a thing. You are my friend. Black and white it is then, unless I hear otherwise. : )

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Bridge Of Sighs

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Does anybody see a flaw in my reasoning? The GOP claims that they would cut spending and balance the budget but it would be political suicide if they actually do it, but they don’t have to do it, they have the power to force the Democrats to do it.

Even if we all know that the GOP doesn’t actually want to cut spending nor change the status quo, if they did want to, they could.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Evening Logus, haven’t seen you around in a while. ; )

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

And, the mist and the moonlight on your cinnamon shoulders lay the rest of these in the shadows. ;-)

TXUS on December 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 – Chopin (Rubinstein)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

TXUS on December 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Why, TXUS, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you. :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM

nadir

3. the lowest point; point of greatest adversity or despair.

scree

a steep mass of detritus on the side of a mountain.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Evening Logus, haven’t seen you around in a while. ; )

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Yes, it’s been quite a few months. A LOT has been going on in my life, and so Hot Air was in the mother-in-law seat, nevermind the back seat.

Don’t know how much I’ll be returning to “normal” commenting, but as I’ve been commenting a bit over the last couple of weeks here and there nonsensically, I guess that means I’m “back” to some degree.

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Beethoven 5th

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

TXUS on December 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Wow. You even got cinnamon in there.

I’ll be using this without further attribution.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Nice to have you back.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Sorry, ya know I just couldn’t resist… The GOPe made me betray you… You know that right? Right?

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Night B…. ;)

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Goodnight, Bmore! Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Yeah. And?!

I have a tendency towards verbosity and using big words – sometimes they come back to bite me in the posterior.

Hot Gassers are edjumacated folks. They can handle it. :)

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Nice to have you back.

Bmore on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Merci. Now, get off my clock and go get some rest!

… still thinking in managerial terms! ;)

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hot Gassers are edjumacated folks. They can handle it. :)

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Is ok, I love it when you get all loquacious on us… ;p

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Wow. You even got cinnamon in there.

I’ll be using this without further attribution.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

You may use that, of course, but you could substitute “bacon” in there as well, given your proclivities.

TXUS on December 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Love Letters – Armik

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM

TXUS on December 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Or nutmeg

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

To accomplish what I’ve described all Republicans need do is announce that they will allow the Democrats to raise taxes and cut spending in order to pay for the government they want but without the credit card. The credit card has been maxed out and cut up in order to stop greedy politicians from stealing from babies, which is immoral. People will understand, that makes total sense! Stealing from babies is wrong, and our politicians need to stop and cut up the credit card.

And Republicans can try to influence the cuts and taxes, but ultimately Democrats are pretty much in charge of the government and about the only power the GOP has is to cut up the credit card and let the Democrats do their thing.

And even if the Democrats do a bad job, balancing the budget is the best, most responsible thing that can be done right now. And hey, the corporate media that everybody watches, even FNC, says we’re in a recovery, right? So according to their BS this should be the perfect time!

But even if they’re wrong, there is still no time like the present to balance the budget and get our fiscal house in order. That is a prerequisite to success.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Logus on December 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM

verbosity

the state or quality of being verbose; superfluity of words; wordiness

in·ter·ro·bang

a printed punctuation mark (‽), available only in some typefaces, designed to combine the question mark (?) and the exclamation point (!), indicating a mixture of query and interjection, as after a rhetorical question.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM

TXUS on December 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

LOL — You needn’t continue loading. You’ve already won the day. :)

And — yes, yes — I actually should substitute bacon, in sooth.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM

superfluity

a superabundant or excessive amount

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

loquacious

1. talking or tending to talk much or freely; talkative; chattering; babbling; garrulous

2. characterized by excessive talk; wordy

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

garrulous

prolix

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

When Republicans cut up the credit card they need to explain why the national debt is generational theft, that our kids and their kids are being sold into indentured servitude to debt that aren’t their own, and that is is far worse than stealing candy from babies.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

SWalker on December 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

LoLz..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on December 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

lol — damn it Shad. I didn’t even have time to go pick up the nutmeg. :)

Schadenfreude

satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else’s misfortune.

Axe on December 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

City Of Night – Pink Martini

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

FloatingRock on December 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Obama, the Looters, from the left to the right, and the stupid moochers don’t give a darn.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Tenderly – Chet Baker

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on December 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM