Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

CHRIS WALLACE: Let me just ask one question about what we will now henceforth call the Kristol scenario: Which is that they’ll end up passing the halfway cave, a limited cave on tax rates. That doesn’t avoid the fiscal cliff, does it?

BILL KRISTOL: It avoids the tax side of the fiscal cliff. There’s still a spending problem. Most of those cuts in spending are fine with me, except for defense. But there, the president seems to have no interest in us having a strong defense, and so again, I guess we can litigate that next year. There will be plenty of other opportunities to debate all these spending, defense and entitlement issues next year. My view is get the tax issue off the table, it’s the weakest one for the Republicans right now. Let the president own it and we’ll have a bunch of other debates next year.

***

Republican Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) told me Sunday on ABC News’ “This Week” that he is willing to accept tax rate increases as a component of a fiscal cliff deal, as long as Democrats put “significant entitlement reform” on the table.

“What we ought to be working on is the other 93 percent, because even if you do what [Obama] wants to do on tax rates, you only affect 7 percent of the deficit,” Coburn said. “What we have done is spend ourselves into a hole, and we’re not going to raise taxes and borrow money and get out of it.”

“And so will I accept a tax increase as a part of a deal to actually solve our problems? Yes,” he said.

***

“A lot of people are putting forth a theory – and I actually think it has merit – where you go and you give the president the 2 percent increase that he’s talking about, the rate increase on the top 2 percent – and all of a sudden the shift goes back to entitlements,” Corker said. “And all of a sudden, once you give him a top rate on the 2 percent it’s actually a much lesser tax increase than what he’s been talking about.

“I actually am beginning to believe that is the best route for us to take,” Corker said, “to again shift the focus to where it needs to be, which is entitlements.”

Via Gateway Pundit.

***

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said Sunday that House Republicans should agree to extending tax cuts for the majority of U.S. taxpayers

The Oklahoma Republican said this would swing leverage over to Republicans in their negotiations with the White House to avoid going over the “fiscal cliff” — a set of massive tax increases and budget cuts that will go into effect early next year unless Congress acts.

“It’s quite the opposite. We gain leverage,” Cole said…

“We are not getting 100 percent of what we want, but we can get a lot. John Boehner is trying to focus us where it belongs, and that’s on spending restraint and entitlement reform because this revenue won’t come close to dealing with our fiscal problems,” Cole said.

***

On Sunday’s Face The Nation, former Senator Alan Simpson told host Bob Schieffer that he’ll cover happy hour for wealthy Americans who don’t believe their taxes will increase: “If anybody out there who is quote ‘rich’ doesn’t think taxes’ll go up, the drinks are on me.”…

Schieffer pressed him, asking if he thought Democrats would have to agree to some entitlement reforms, as well. Simpson answered affirmatively, calling entitlements “the engine on the train driving us to the cliff.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Obama’s healthcare, higher taxes, and vastly increased regulation would make the grow-out-of-it path really slow. Also, they are building out; the healthcare system and the regulations themselves require increases, so I’m not as optimistic as you that we can actually win any real “freeze.” Maybe a bipartisan microphone moment with some smiles, but not an actual, mechanical spending freeze.

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM

There’s only one way I could see a freeze working (which is why it won’t) which would be to cap the dollar amount of government spending where it is, and require congress to cut spending to match. Kind of like the “starve the beast” thing republicans have been advocating for for years. Inflation (which is coming!) will take care of the rest.

Of course, it won’t happen, new “revenues” always fund additional spending, and since around 2007 / 2008 (yes, slightly pre-dating Obama) the government has spent with absolutely disregard for how much revenue has come in… Like the obamaphone lady with an amex black card

Timin203 on December 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM

We’re sorry, we could not find your word – pechugonas – in the dictionary.

davidk on December 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Story of my life.

Anyway, “I like ice cream, busty women, and Google Translate.” Or, if I accidentally declared war on Mexico — ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ. Or, if I accidentally became a progressive or something, I quit.

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

mujeres pechugonas

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM

brings a tear to my eye. i remember ol’ dad. use to love em’.

renalin on December 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Timin203 on December 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Suspiciously like a balanced budget amendment. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Funny that no articles have been written covering this possibility.

Rio Linda Refugee on December 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM

And admit that all of that intelligence was right after all, exonerating George Bush? When pigs fly.

I’ve always thought that Hussein moved those chemical weapons into Syria. Maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight again.

JPeterman on December 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

No, that was the correct translation for humongous.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Suspiciously like a balanced budget amendment. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Yeah, which I’m behind in theory… But in practice, we all know it will just be an excuse to inflate the money supply and force tax increases on us. because spending cuts DO NOT HAPPEN.

Timin203 on December 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Timin203 on December 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Democrat Rep Nancy Pelosi advocated for PayGo, but the reichwing rethuglikkans and George W. Bush poo poo’ed it.

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Who is responsible for putting this thread on topic and keeping it there?

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

How do you kill 11 million people?

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Thx. That was good and sadly quite accurate.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

yeah, paygo has does an amazing job of reigning in the deficit these last several years.

Have you seen the chart showing spending spiking in GW’s last year and going down since then, showing Obama as a budget cutter?

It amazes me that they’re already re-writing to pieces of history: GW spent only half of TARP (which was a terrible piece of legislation, but bushs part has been largely recovered), and the senate dems held the budget from bush so that obama could sign it when he came in to office. Also where part of the stimulusii’s kicked in, which are now part of our baseline continuing resolutions. If the Senate produced a budget showing all of this… not sure anyone would care, but I think it would make things more painfully obvious.

Timin203 on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

JPeterman on December 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I remember seeing the satellite pics of the trucks moving across the Syrian/Iraq border. Probably Fox covered it. Again the msm didn’t cover it!

wolverinefan on December 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

mujeres pechugonas

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM

brings a tear to my eye. i remember ol’ dad. use to love em’.

renalin on December 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM

See. I told you that HA will learn you sumpin everyday. I likes them mujeres too—and the assorted flavors.

arnold ziffel on December 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Who is responsible for putting this thread on topic and keeping it there?

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Bmore.

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Scrumpy got a new dog named, well, she is working on the name.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Not me! I just slung a 30 pound mountain laurel stump onto the lathe. It one tough mother giblet! Pretty though. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

HA needing to adjust its meds tonight, I see. Might be the storm. Anyone else having some weirdness?

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

davidk on December 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thx for the links..collecting as many as possible.

We
(private agents and brokers) are being courted and
I have the choice of being “blessed” by getting “trained”
to sell on these exchanges..
Hmmm..my answer is GFY.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Wow. Are you going to grind it down to make a leg for a chair or table.

How about a nice broom stick. A baseball bat would be cool. All that and more is inside that stump. Pool cue, shuffle board stick, cane.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I feel some vibrations coming through the ether.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Scrumpy got a new dog named, well, she is working on the name.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I told her to name him “Fred” but what would I know… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Who is responsible for putting this thread on topic and keeping it there?

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Well it looks like I will have to un-hijack this thread. BTW, what is your favorite cheese?

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

i have a sister who happens to live in washington state. haven’t seen or heard from her in years.

think i’ll give her a call. better yet, i’ll just drive up there. get to know the state.

renalin on December 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Scrumpy got a new dog named, well, she is working on the name.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Well, thanx for the Scrumpy update Plug.
Sweet lady she is.
I know she was suffering from some med conditions..
a loving dog/companion is good for the heart/spirit. My pets
give me comfort.
I am guessing..he will be loved and quite spoiled. :)
What kind did she get?

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

How do you kill 11 million people?

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I’m working on a death ray. But that is to be used on the lizard people from Zeta Reticuli. They are enroute. ETA unsure.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

BTW, what is your favorite cheese?

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I like stinky cheese, Blue Cheese, Roquefort, Muenster, stuff that goes good with a nice thick heavy hoppy Ale.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

beagle.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

SWalker
Good evening sexy old rock star.;)

Why Fred?

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Why Fred?

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Cause yer dawg is yer friend, and ya always want a friend ya can always count on, an Fred is one of them names that ya just know when ya got a friend named Fred, ya can count on yer friend Fred… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM

beagle.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Awww! I love beagles.
My uncle had the sweetest one when I was young..
her name was honey bear. Just a bundle of love.

I may be getting a dog myself.
Friend is divorcing and no where
for the dog to go.
I am in the middle of moving
but once settled may take him.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Timin203 on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

There’s also the reality that if your house is in order, you can be stupid every once in a while. If you aren’t in debt, say, and you live within your means and then some — you can get stupid one Christmas and buy a massive TV. You’ll pay for it, but you’ll survive. Another metaphor would be a cold — a strong, healthy person can shake a cold without missing many beats.

But if you are already paying your credit card bill with cash advances and then you buy a massive TV — you obviously have a problem. Same with someone already weakened and in the hospital — bad time to get a cold.

I don’t think Bush’s government countenanced the insanity that came after them any more than the rest of the country did. It’s sad to have old-school, big-government republicans compared to Obama. What they did then was irresponsible, but what we’re doing now is madness (I know some people think the destruction is deliberate — I still think it’s just crazy).

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

There will be tax increases, and there will be more Trillion dollar spending…

… Think Myan calender and that guy in the well.

Seven Percent Solution on December 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Friend is divorcing and no where
for the dog to go.
I am in the middle of moving
but once settled may take him.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It’s always the dog that gets caught in the middle. :(

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM

lol..okay.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:38 PM

So I got a comment over at my blog, on my most recent article. I let it stand, but it made me sad. Dude just had to go on an atheist rant more or less proving exactly the mentality I was describing that afflicts the Obamanation Administration.

All discussion of conditions for the human individual, after death, is pure nonsense, in biological terms.
Only the living can affect or be affected by the outcome of biological processes, except decomposition of the physical body.
The fact that a human being needs to and can generate a view of an afterlife does not mean that it it has any reality. The evidence is, in fact, overwhelmingly against any such realizations. Most of the material that constitues contemporary theology. “Allah”, “God” etc. are concepts created whole cloth by the human imagination, to provide a system of simple explanation, of the inexplicable.
All the verbage in the initial commentary is just so much “hot air”
The demise’ of Islam would be of enormous value to humanity, by removing a deeply flawed and poisionous system of behavior and thought, from the world. Hopefully, other religions would disappear in parallel. This eventuality should be deeply hoped and worked for, with the prospect of a slightly more mature humanity being really liberated and thereby, able to deal more effectively, with the real difficulties of life, in this world.

My article is neither an attack on nor a advocacy of any theological position. It is strictly a analysis of the underlying behavioral science motivational factors involved in the dynamics driving the constant state of crisis in the Middle East and the and the complete and total inability of the ideologically locked to understand the power of and depths of drive that constant state of crisis.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

LOL. Have you read The Forever War by Joe Haldeman? It is 215 pages of Sci-Fi wonderment. It is billed as being the anti-thesis to Heinlen’s Starship Troopers.

I eventually get around to checking out what my brother recommends to me.

Neuromancer, La Femme Nikita, Catch-22, Brave New World, The Forever War, The Bourne books, Ace.mu.nu(lol).

He knows me very well.

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Today’s Tech Tip:

With the economy as it is who can afford a penal implants these days?

Especially since they cost a fortune, so a friend of mine told me in confidence. I told him that there is a way less expensive procedure.

Just put a roll of quarters in your front pocket. I think a roll of quarters is around $10. Huge savings.

Plus if you ever need to feed the parking meter you always got change. Saves money on parking tickets.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

There will be tax increases, and there will be more Trillion dollar spending…

… Think Myan calender and that guy in the well.

Seven Percent Solution on December 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I thought you were refrencing the Colombian man in the well. :/

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Well that dog sure will be lucky getting to have Flan for desert everyday from B9′s kitchen.

I bark for Flan.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

It’s always the dog that gets caught in the middle. :(

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Its sad.
He is a rottie, so due to his breed the rentals
she looked at would not even consider it.
Most here wont even take a dog..let along a 130lb Rott.
They have breed/weight restrictions most places..even if they do take a dog.
Many I know who lost their homes..in the same position
when moving. So many dogs filling shelters.
heart breaking.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I thought you were refrencing the Colombian man in the well. :/

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Wow, what a lucky man, lives in a hole in the ground, but has a wife that loves him enough that she has stayed with him 22 years even though they have nothing and live in a hole in the ground. Love like that is worth more than all the wealth in the world.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

To Hell
With Michelle

Schadenfreude on December 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Oh, and please, no comments to him, I do not want my article turned into a theological debate.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

greedy hollywood only perpetuates it by featuring movies with chihuahuas, which the soft headed adopt and then are too stupid to take care of them.

screw humans. let obama take care of them. my moneys going to the animals.

renalin on December 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

The fact that a human being needs to and can generate a view of an afterlife does not mean that it it [sic] has any reality. The evidence is, in fact, overwhelmingly against any such realizations.

He has secret evidence and knows this.

Most of the material that constitues [sic] contemporary theology. [sic] “Allah”, [sic] “God” [sic] etc. [sic] are concepts created whole cloth [sic] by the human imagination, [sic] to provide a system of simple explanation, [sic] of the inexplicable.

He says this is unknowable.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Lots of atheists around I’d buy dinner. A few I’d beg. :) But anti-theists are a serious sand-sanding at the beach. That dude’s got his own objectives and they don’t have anything to do with your post. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Boycott them all.

Schadenfreude on December 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Its sad.
He is a rottie, so due to his breed the rentals
she looked at would not even consider it.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

They raise him sweet? I’m sure, they are your friends. He’d be just as kind any anything/one else if he wasn’t trained as a monster.

Needs some space, though.

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I tried to read the Quotes of the Day. The words I was reading came through like the adults in a Peanuts Special.

Rather than try again, I figured to heck with it, by now the thread is completely off topic.

So, did I miss anything on the first page? The second page was mostly okay.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman?

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I have to read this now. If it’s good, I’ll forgive you this:

wonderment

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

wolverinefan on December 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Thanks for the article. James Clapper the idiot was mentioned throughout.

JPeterman on December 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

So, did I miss anything on the first page? The second page was mostly okay.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Things are pretty messed up. We’re still on topic.

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM

One of my best friends in the meat world is an atheist. He is a genuinely thoughtful and rational atheist. He is not a militant anti-god atheist, he accepts the simple reality that he does not know whether god exists nor not, but he believes that he has never seen any direct corollary evidence to indicate that god exists. We don’t talk a whole lot about religion or theology, but when we do he is always respectful in his approach.

Personally I believe that the vast majority of real atheists are just like my friend, they have never had a genuinely spiritual event in their life and have no empirical evidence that would lead them to believe in the existence of god, but what they are not is closed minded individuals with an axe to grind against religion or those who do believe in God.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Today’s Tech Tip:

With the economy as it is who can afford a penal implants these days?

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

After my penal reduction surgery a few years ago, it really was too big, I was able to market the excess for several thousand dollars, not for implants, but for the stem cell transplant value. Apparently, they can use the stem cells to help others grow theirs. Who knows, I could’ve given rise to an entire NBA team before it’s over with.

;-)

TXUS on December 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman?

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I have to read this now. If it’s good, I’ll forgive you this:

wonderment

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oh, it is a great novel, one of my favorites. Ridley Scott has been trying to make it into a move for years, I hope he succeeds soon… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM

He is very sweet. Older..
just a big ol baby..I wont have a lot of space
but due to his age he just lays around mostly.
Has bad arthritis setting in. Should be okay-
and he knows me and likes me.
Scared of cats..lol (so not worried about mine)
but aggressive with other dogs. :(
Good with children-which was my main concern.
(They have a 3 yr old-never a problem)
I will have my baby nephew around when I move.

I have been looking for a dog for a while..
this just seems like it may be meant to be.

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

;-)

TXUS on December 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

The NBA’s gain is the Luggage industries loss… What? a wallet that you rub and it turns into a suitcase? o_O

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM

SparkPlug, Its Christmas present time. I never buy store bought goods for gifts. Ever! I am hoping it will turn out similar to this burl. The burl is cherry, the laurel will have a somewhat different quality.It reminds me a bit of cork, only very hard. I have already turned four and finished them. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

T minus 12 days and counting.

RickB on December 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

TXUS on December 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

LOL!

Night all.

*Scumpy*
Congrats on your new friend for life!

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

That would be amazing. I’ve been holding off watching Prometheus because I can’t stand the idea that it may not be amazing. Stupid I know…

I have to read this now. If it’s good, I’ll forgive you this:

wonderment

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

What is wrong with using that term? :(

I’m guessing you have high standards for Sci-Fi? Can you recommend anything :)

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Oh, not to confuse you SparkPlug, the four I have finished are, Juniper(aromatic cedar), Walnut, Western Cedar and Plum. The Walnut and the Plum have natural bark edges.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

bazil, guess what the better half just made me. Your fav, wish you were here. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Sigh… I don’t hold out much hope for Prometheus either, maybe if it had come before aliens, I don’t know, sequels never seem to be as good as the original movie.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Good Night b, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Wow, that is very cool… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Axe, that blame poem you have me reading is long and complicated. I will have to read it twice. I hope its worth it. I would also like to hear your summation on it at some point. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I have already turned four and finished them. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

You are quite the Renaissance man, Bmore. They sound beautiful.

Fallon on December 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

You ever try your hand at lathe work SWalker? Its very relaxing and frustrating all at the same time. Lol!

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM

ROTFLMAO… Lathe… I don’t need no stinkin lathe… (I ran a lathe for two years while I was making spacecraft stuff… ) ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Fallon on December 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Ha! Me? Just frugal. Lol! I will photograph them and post them when I finish them all. Sometime before Christmas. I took the last thirty days off, so now I am behind on everything. Hard to believe its been thirty days. Thirty three actually, says the calendar. Best get back to work. ; )

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Metal Lathe?

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I have not read the thread tonight since the headlines on this post sent me over the edge…..

The GOP and all these talking heads are unadulterated idiots if they think conceding a tax increase will then “PIVOT” the discussion to entitlement and spending reform. If you don’t hold their feet to the fire, they won’t do it now, and they won’t do it later.

We are dealing with an Alinsky/Marxist Ideologue who cares more about his politics than the country.

We need a conservative Ideologue who cares more about the country than his politics.

***crickets……***

Starlink on December 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM

The nation is under judgment. God has raised His leader to judge the people. The nation is full of immoral godless reprobates. They are going to usher in the secular humanistic hell on earth. The nation was lost in America’s pulpits.

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

BMore I am so not worthy. You are a man of many talents.

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Metal Lathe?

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Yup, but we didn’t do much metal on it, mostly carbon-fiber composites. Turning carbon-fiber is, shall we say, a bit different than turn metal… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

SparkPlug on December 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I suck at math, if that is any help. : ( Sucks , cause I love Physics.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Turning carbon-fiber is, shall we say, a bit different than turn metal… ;)

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Do tell. Never turned carbon fiber.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The nation was lost in America’s pulpits.

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Marxist infiltration of theological seminaries actually… But yea, lost in the pulpits works too.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Huh. I have worked with carbon and glass. Never turned any though.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Frickin’ glass powder all over the place. Breath mask, filtered ventilation nobody around…different.

Give me soft wood and resins any day.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Do tell. Never turned carbon fiber.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

It requires special modifications to the lathe, since the usual method employed by a lathe would break the fibers and shatter the molecular interlinking of the monolithic epoxy resin compounds. Think of using a high speed grinder in place of the cutting tool.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Give me soft wood and resins any day.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yup, pretty much…

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM

;-)

TXUS on December 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Does reduction surgery suck? I’ve considered it but I don’t have the time ,right now, to go through a long recovery period.

BoxHead1 on December 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM

The Republicans need to just back away and let this happen. No matter what happens they’re going to be blamed anyway. If they give Obama what he wants, and the economy goes South, they’ll be blamed. There is no way to avoid blame, and no way to get their message out because the MSM refuses to tell their side of the story so, just walk away and give the Democrats what they want, increase everyones taxes.

Now, after that is done, make sure you point out, to those people in the middle class, that those taxes that went up didn’t have to, you were prepared to deal if Obama offered a solution to the debt problem but he refused. Then, make sure you tell them their taxes couldn’t have gone up because the taxes were Bush tax cuts for the rich, not the middle class. Let them see what those taxes really did for them and then see if the democrats actually want to start talking.

Right now, the democrats know the media will not call them on their tactics or their false premises. Let it happen. In the House, you can deal with your constituents without worrying about the national press, just make sure you have your messaging ready for your constituents, when you go home for the Christmas break, because the Democrats will be lying and the press will be swearing to it.

bflat879 on December 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Close tolerances I imagine. I’ll stick to the prototype shop and wood.

But then, nowdays its all run by computers anyway.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Night all.

*Scumpy*
Congrats on your new friend for life!

bazil9 on December 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

…night B9!…taking old dogs is cool…but they’re not much fun!…eat…shit…and sleep…and wag their tail.

KOOLAID2 on December 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I’m guessing you have high standards for Sci-Fi? Can you recommend anything :)

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Yes. But not without hijacking. :) Cause I can’t shut up.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Cool! It’s not that long. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Close tolerances I imagine. I’ll stick to the prototype shop and wood.

But then, nowdays its all run by computers anyway.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM

The stuff we were doing was so one off that using CNC just wasn’t practical in a financial sense. We could have the stuff done before a engineer or programmer could write the CNC program. We also did a lot of black project stuff that well, the smaller the logistic foot print, the better, if ya know what I mean.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

BoxHead1 on December 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM

It only sucks if your nurses don’t.

TXUS on December 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yes. But not without hijacking. :) Cause I can’t shut up.

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

So, do tell. I am needing information and somebody who reads sci/fi and techno thrillers.

The Forever War didn’t work for me.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Cool! It’s not that long. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Maybe I’m reading the wrong poem then. Its like ninety some pages long. Thats a lot for a poem isn’t it?

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

91 pages, I just looked.

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

The Forever War didn’t work for me.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Was it the gov’t dope or the mandated homosexuality?

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Carbon-fiber composites is still pretty much considered a voodoo industry, if you work in a proto-type shop I’m sure you know what that means. Skill set’s are closely guarded secrets. And the whole satellite construction industry is very reminiscent of how Rolls Royces were built in the old days, none of them are ever built exactly the same, totally a handcrafted industry. There is absolutely no satellite assembly line anywhere on earth. They are literally all one of a kind hand built machines.

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Mostly the time dilation. It doesn’t work well with interstellar wars.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM

The Forever War didn’t work for me.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Wait — stay with that. I’d like to know why?

You guys don’t realize how tight my budget is at the moment. It’s a little nuts. I have to be a little silly here. :)

Bmore on December 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Long poem. :)

Axe on December 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM

SWalker on December 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I was about the last guy in the shop who could craft parts by hand.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

It only sucks if your nurses don’t.

TXUS on December 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I considered having the same surgery but they couldn’t find a heavy duty diamond cutter. So I just have to go through life as “tripod”.

arnold ziffel on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Mostly the time dilation. It doesn’t work well with interstellar wars.

cozmo on December 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM

LOL! Didn’t the love story part of it have any redemption for you?

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM