Poll: OOTY prelims, Flight 5

posted at 9:31 am on December 9, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

We almost have the first semi-final poll filled out for the Obamateurism of the Year, thanks to the selection last week of Barack Obama’s assumption that men and women in the military are there to fight on his behalf.  Let’s look at the next five weekly winners to see who will get added to Round One of the semifinals:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.

Comments

I would have gone with the private sector, but my Polish half says otherwise.

Steve Eggleston on December 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

First? I say being reelected.

UncleZeb on December 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Damn…..

BallisticBob on December 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Dang . Beat me to it.

UncleZeb on December 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

This jacka$$ excuse for a president would not know anything about a true freedom fighter if it hit him between the eyes. Obutthead couldn’t tie Walesa’s shoes

NOMOBO on December 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

clear winner

that private sector is doing just fine…oh yeah

cmsinaz on December 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Tough call, every one of them is outrageous. Private sector does stand out, though.

iurockhead on December 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

that fast and furious executive privilege was 2nd on my list…

crickets from the lsm on that

cmsinaz on December 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

How are we supposed to vote on these? Am I missing something here?

Akzed on December 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

More reminders how super pacs should have hammered this azz clown phony President when the Corruptocrats started their negative and divisive campaign.

The high road had a few more “bumps” in it than the lowly road our Marxist Deceiver in a chief is on.

FlaMurph on December 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Like Kate Winslet at the Oscars, the Polish insult vote is split…

The reassignment of the meaning of the word transparency is complete.

Fallon on December 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Barely 50% of the vote works for me…

albill on December 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

All is well in a country where 37 percent of those who could work do not. Is Barky’s goal to reach at least 40 percent in 2013?

Philly on December 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

…the private sector is still doing fine!

KOOLAID2 on December 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

The private sector is doing fine.

And we have always been at war with Eastasia.

CorporatePiggy on December 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

How are we supposed to vote on these? Am I missing something here?

Akzed on December 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Might I suggest screaming whilst pulling maniacally pulling at one’s hair, then devolving into slamming one’s fists into one’s head yelling “NO! NO! NO!”

Then, after voting, you can do some stretching exercises to limber up for the day when you have to kiss your ass goodbye because of this immoral traitor.

I wouldn’t want you to pull a muscle.

turfmann on December 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I’m so glad 60 million voted for Alinsky/Cloward-Piven

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Did he employ someone from the private sector to remove the silverware? We’ll probably never know. Lack of transparency and the threat of being sent to a Polish death camp if anybody tells.

I went with the private sector. I work in the private sector and I am not doing fine. Barely scraping by gets old after a few years.

backwoods conservative on December 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM

…the Obamateurism feature should/can not go away!…do you think the MSM will report ANYTHING the JugEarred jokester fumbles on?
JugEars could be golfing everyday of the year…and we wouldn’t know it!

KOOLAID2 on December 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

How are we supposed to vote on these? Am I missing something here?

Akzed on December 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

If your not seeing the actual poll, try turning off the pop up blocker.

I know thats my problem at work, from home I don’t have that issue.

D-fusit on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

These were fun when I thought America would learn from its mistake. Instead, we looked at these and othe Obamisms and decided four more years would be swell.

We deserve a dictator.

SAMinVA on December 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I voted for Lech. “Too Political” because he would have slammed Bambi for his policies

EliTheBean on December 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM

How are we supposed to vote on these? Am I missing something here?

Akzed on December 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Make sure you don’t have a popup blocker turned on and that javascript is enabled.

AZfederalist on December 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

This is just too depressing for words. Every day I get up and at some point realize that Obama is still president and will be for the next four frickin’ years. Worse, I realize that 51% of the people that surround me are either self-serving greedy, covetous, envy-filled leeches and/or idiots who actually voted this marxist narcissistic dictator wannabe back into office. Twice. That’s really depressing.

There is a reason our founders feared a pure democracy; we are seeing the fruits of what happens when “smarter” people decide otherwise. Folks, we are rapidly approaching the point of having 6 wolves and 4 sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

AZfederalist on December 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

The private sector is doing fine.

That’s why Owebama has ensured that the unemployment rate has decreased with 73.3% of the jobs “created” in the public sector in the last 5 months. The public sector unemployment rate is now below 4%.

When they hold their next round of fiscal cliff talks, they should consider firing 30% of all government workers who make $100,000 or more. That would save the taxpayers a lot.

katablog.com on December 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM

BTW, removing the sharp silverware was simply a very smart move.

katablog.com on December 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM

SAMinVA on December 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

You are right. I sort of dread Sunday morning now. It is truly a reminder of just how dumb the people are around me.

katablog.com on December 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM

backwoods conservative on December 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Owe said you were doing fine. So we will have to report you to Attack Watch if you don’t stop your racist rant and repent.

katablog.com on December 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

[snip]

turfmann on December 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Heh.

It’s mildly omforting to know that I’m not the only one who does this … ;-)

ShainS on December 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

“The private sector is doing fine“ – which is why he wants us to think we need more government workers… I am so tired of laughing at proggies.

ExpressoBold on December 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Would have gone with “Private sector…”, but I think he really believes that, not to mention it really didn’t have any kind of effect of the general populace.

Now, offending an entire country/ally with a stupid comment (not really sure if he knew what he said was wrong at the time he said it) is a true Obamateurism… so I voted for “Polish Death Camps”.

right of the dial on December 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

If the private sector is doin’ fine….

Then Obama has failed in his first term..
Lets re-elect him again to take care of that problem.

Electrongod on December 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Every time I read or hear one of the litany of Obama’s Michael Kinsley gaffes (private sector doing fine, you didn’t build that, rates necessarily skyrocket, spread the wealth around a little bit, etc.) on economic matters or remember the filthy, disgusting Occuturd parasites and Madison public union thugs, I am reminded how gutless the Republican Party is. Instead of using the election to exploit Obama, Reid and Pelosi’s strident ignorance or the bullying tactics his sh** shower of grievance merchants have employed to advance their objectives, the GOP goes on the defensive, wringing its hands over 47% and sluts. The party is run by a bunch of losers who are incompetent at fighting their enemies and instead choose to eat their own.

fitzfong on December 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM

O/T, Our home would like to wish a blessed Hanukkah to all the Jewish posters here on HA.

God please be with Israel.
L

letget on December 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Let’s face it the real reason that Lech Walesa was snubbed by the Jug Earred Kenyan was because of his role in bringing down the corrupt communist criminal organization known as the USSR.

That is a sin that cannot be forgiven by the head Marxist in Chief.

jukin3 on December 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

JugEars could be golfing everyday of the year…and we wouldn’t know it! KOOLAID2 on December 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I agree with Kool. As the days go by, we will hear less and less of Barky’s spontaneous speech and gaffs and get only the polished image his minions produce. I want them to know we haven’t forgotten who he is.

indypat on December 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Lech Walesa is an example of a man who risked everything. He stood up against un-imaginable odds, and fought for the basic freedom that we take for granted. At best he faced prison, assassination at worst, but he stood his ground and fought, and won.
I’m amazed at the ignorance of those here that think they are so avant-garde, standing up to “the man” or “the system”. They “occupy” this city, or that city. They fancy themselves some kind of freedom fighters in arguably one of the most free societies to ever exist. They rail about oppression, having never truly been oppressed. They seek to bring down those that succeed, because it is easier than building up those that haven’t.
They call themselves the educated and the enlightened. They can point out every iniquity of our system, from slavery to poverty. Yet they turn a blind eye to the slavery that still exists today in certain places, and to the abject poverty that permeates the 3rd world dictatorships. When they don’t turn a blind eye, they find some way to turn their suffering into our fault.
I often wonder if they’ve ever bothered to read a history book. They seem to look at the world through rose colored glasses. To them, all was right in the world before modern republican free market government.
In my line of work I am surrounded by liberal democrats. I’ve been asking them one simple question, and I’ve yet to get much more than a blank stare back, or an insult. That question is simply this.
If the man you voted for can not bring himself to vote for the right of a botched abortion baby to be given the basic human right to life. What makes you think he has compassion or concern for you?

Paco on December 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

You have to go with “the private sector” comment, it captures his twisted ideology but also his stupidity. Moron, don’t tell the people you care more for government employees & the “private sector is doing fine”. Some of the dopes who voted for you might catch on.

arand on December 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I would have gone with the private sector, but my Polish half says otherwise.
Steve Eggleston on December 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

But there were two “Polish” choices. I chose the shunning of Lech Walesa.

Ira on December 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Gosh, I’d forgotten how creepy this guy is.

Cindy Munford on December 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM

If your not seeing the actual poll, try turning off the pop up blocker. I know thats my problem at work, from home I don’t have that issue. D-fusit on December 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Aha! thanks.

Akzed on December 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Declares Lech Walesa “too political” to accept award, gives another to Dolores Huerta, chair of Democratic Socialists of America 23.61%

To Obooba, you see, fighting for one’s liberty is anti-government.

Fighting for socialism is pro-government.

So, to his small, warped, execrable way of thinking, well, no contest.

Akzed on December 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I went with Lech.

But, you know, when you have to hide the good silverware, it becomes transparently clear the private sector is not doing fine, Hispannic or not.

I’ll give him a pass on the Polish Death Camps. He just mistranslated the original Austrian.

Putz.

coldwarrior on December 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Walesa.

Damned political figure.

profitsbeard on December 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM

For two centuries this country stood as a beacon (imperfect though it was) of liberty, opportunity and justice. I can’t help but think that simple fact that we as a nation chose to reelect an administration that has such a primal disregard for all three of those principles closes the book on that chapter of world history. ….can’t say I look forward to what comes next.

ndalager on December 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

The “Idiot” Admin. is OK with the private sector.

yay.

Tim_CA on December 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I voted for 2.

letget: I’m bringing my menorah and some Hanukkah ‘stuff’ to my Wally’s Christmas party tomorrow… so my Jewish associate friend won’t feel left out.
The only place in Lubbock that sells Hanukkah stuff is a CHRISTIAN bookstore. Though I left the faith-I have ZERO use for so-called Messianic ‘Jews’. This store needs to quit selling Jewish stuff-still…I need candles and a few dreidels…so I’ll be headin’ over there today.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I can’t believe Lech Walesa is a distant 2nd. If anything speaks to who SCoaMF’s friends are and how they compare to America’s traditional friends, this one is it.

MNHawk on December 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM

It can’t be “private sector.” That was not a mistake, it was purposeful LIE, as most of his so-called gaffes are.

Jarhead68 on December 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM