Quotes of the day

posted at 8:39 pm on December 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

[P]olitics is being reborn. For a time, Republican candidates like Richard Mourdock of Indiana proudly declared that they didn’t believe in compromise. Political activists spent more time purging deviationists than in trying to attract new converts.

But that mania has passed. There are increasing signs that House Republicans are willing to unite behind Speaker John Boehner so he can cut a deal to avert the “fiscal cliff.” There has been an epidemic of open-mindedness as Republicans try to win minority votes and create a version of their party that can be competitive in states like Connecticut and California…

The Republicans may still blow it. If President Obama is flexible and they don’t meet him partway, Republicans would contribute to a recession that would discredit them for a decade. But they are moving in the right direction and moving fast. These are first steps, and encouraging ones.

***

Conservatives shouldn’t be so hard on Boehner. He’s trying to deal with post-election realities and sincerely believes voters want a compromise. Worth noting, prominent conservative House leaders, like Eric Cantor, Kevin McCarthy, and Paul Ryan, are standing behind Boehner.

On the other hand, senior House leadership aides are not happy with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell. Apparently, McConnell and Majority Leader Harry Reid are ready to do a two-stage deal if the Boehner-Obama talks collapse. The first stage would extend middle-class tax rates and somehow compromise on upper-end rates. Then a process would be set up to produce spending cuts to replace the sequester. But House aides regard this as a nonstarter, one that could even undermine the Boehner-Obama talks.

Here’s the really big principle in all this: Why raise taxes at all in the worst economic recovery going back to 1947?

***

Talk to smart folks in Washington, and here’s what they think will happen: The final tax deal will raise rates a bit, giving Democrats a win, but not all the way back to 39.6 percent, giving Republicans a win. That won’t raise enough revenue on its own, so it will be combined with some policy to cap tax deductions, perhaps at $25,000 or $50,000, with a substantial phase-in and an exemption for charitable contributions.

The harder question is what Republicans will get on the spending side of the deal. But even that’s not such a mystery. There will be a variety of nips and tucks to Medicare, including more cost-sharing and decreases in provider payments, and the headline Democratic concession is likely to be that the Medicare eligibility age rises from 65 to 67.

That’s not a policy I like much, but New York magazine’s Jonathan Chait accurately conveys the White House thinking here: They see it as having “weirdly disproportionate symbolic power,” as it’s not a huge (or smart) cut to Medicare benefits, and most of the pain will be blunted by the Affordable Care Act. But Republicans and self-styled deficit hawks see it as a big win.

***

The “fiscal cliff” coming on Dec. 31 will automatically cause everyone’s taxes to rise and draconian defense cuts to go into effect. That leaves Republicans and conservatives having to fight a very public battle on these matters only weeks after a national defeat.

And they’ve somehow been maneuvered into arguing that benefits must be cut and taxes on the wealthy must not be raised — without having a single populist argument in their favor.

The only one that comes close is the invocation of the pain small businesses will experience from a tax hike. Fine, but unless you yourself are a small businessman or employed by one, you might not care all that much.

Thus, the political movement that came to maturity by advocating for dynamic American optimism has morphed into what it was at its most pinched and parched in the 1950s, ’60s, and ’70s: the eat-your-vegetables-and-shut-up party.

***

Republicans, as I have recently argued, have a great deal more to offer the country than tax cuts. They might ask: Do we wish to see our country’s energy sector continue to grow, and to see America displace Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer? The country will answer “Yes,” and Republicans should be ready with a list of specific policies to ensure that this happens. Republicans might ask: Do we wish to create a great many more solid career opportunities for the very large share of our young people who are not headed for MBAs, law degrees, or information-technology jobs? The country will answer “Yes,” and Republicans must be ready with a solid policy agenda. Ask the country if it wants to end subsidies to politically connected businesses, and it will answer “Yes.” Be ready. Instead, Republicans have been asking if the country is ready to put everything on hold to forestall a relatively small tax hike for households with incomes approaching $400,000 and up, and the country has answered “No.” The country is wrong to want to raise taxes for reasons having to do more with envy than economics, but certain human realities have to be accounted for in politics.

As for the more difficult questions, such as whether the country will protest if the Republicans attempt to reform entitlements by changing the indexation benchmark from wages to prices — a reform that would save billions of dollars without actually cutting the current benefits of one person — the answer is not obvious, but then that is the nature of hard questions. But it will be easier for conservatives to do the hard thing if they have an agenda that emphasizes the great many relatively easy and popular proposals that conservatives can and should support. But that is going to take deft and imaginative leadership of a sort that we have not lately seen from Republican leaders. John Boehner has not been the catastrophe that many fiscal hawks accuse him of being, but it is not clear that making the best of a bad hand is the most we can or should hope for.

***

The Republicans’ offer has $300 billion in cuts to discretionary spending over 10 years. Well, the U.S. government’s outlays in October alone were $304 billion.

The GOP offered $600 billion in 10-year health care cuts through Medicare and Medicaid, which is less than Obama was willing to risk as seed money for Obamacare. Then again, the president’s new budget only reduces Medicare and Medicaid spending by $340 billion over a decade. Democrats have no interest in reform.

Our potential unfunded liabilities, what our government has promised to spend on entitlement programs in the future and won’t have money to pay, are estimated to total anywhere from $87 trillion to $100 trillion. That doesn’t even include Obamacare’s unseen costs.

Fiscal cliff? We’ve already taken that dive.

***

“This is no time to add any additional burden for middle-class people,” Biden said, seated with his guests at a table after the meal had been cleared.

“It would take 15 minutes from the time the decision was made by the speaker of the House to pass and make permanent a middle-class tax cut,” he said. “The president would probably have me sprint up to the Hill to bring the bill down and to sign it.

“It can be done like that,” he said, with a snap of his fingers.

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM

It is written into their contracts with HA..:):)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Thanks for the help.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

thatsafactjack on December 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Boehner, greedy career politician.

Most likely posturing for the base, to make sure that they know he really fought for the best deal he could (meaning leaving in place that horrific $1 trillion plus annual deficit)….and then he’ll cave at the last minute and go on Rush and the other shows and whine that’s all he could get from the President.

If this sounds crazy then just remember…..he’s already done this before!!!

PappyD61 on December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Agree very much. I like HA for the opinions and things I have learned. People who think conservatives have no sense of humor are misinformed, maladjusted and have bad breath and stinky feet.

arnold ziffel on December 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM

…has anybody ever met a funny liberal? …not on TV…but in your daily activities?
…me either!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

You know, I think I will leave that door just the way it is, for now.

Good Night All.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

If this sounds crazy then just remember…..he’s already done this before!!!

PappyD61 on December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Yup, I’ve already come to the conclusion that John “Bonehead” Boehner is a democrat pretending to be a Republican and working for Obama.

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

You know, I think I will leave that door just the way it is, for now.

Good Night All.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

…we’ll try to keep the hinges oiled…take care bub!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

God Bless each and every one and Merry Christmas!!

Catch you all later… nite nite!!

Scrumpy on December 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Scrumpy:Yes,Merry Christams,and,Nite Scrumpy,Sweet Dreams!:)

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Later..Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Night Scrump, Bmore!

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I nominate BMore for top 5 new posters of the year

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM

SparkPlug:Yup,and Flora Duh too!:)

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. Sleep well.:)

thatsafactjack on December 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Yep. Flora is a disciple of the canopfor school of news gathering.

Plus she does the best smackdowns on Bluegirl.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Crap,me bites da sleepy dust as well,

GoodNight Everyone,———————————-:)

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

SparkPlug:Yup,and Flora Duh too!:)

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

We need categories or something, or the Goths and the debate-team geeks will never win anything.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

One of the funniest things BMore does is say breadball whenever you know who shows up.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

GoodNight Everyone,———————————-:)

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Night Canada! Hope the mounties keep the neighing down while you are trying to sleep.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I nominate Axe as the best new Geek-Goth Martian History poster who says *poof* and THWACK to Twerpy.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM

canopfor on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Later..Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I have much suspicioned that there what you said.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Take care Bmore…we put up with you for a full year? We all gained a few from all those pies you ate :)

Happy gulching.

Corporal Tunnel, congrats…but pay only the minimum in taxes. Starve the Looters/moochers. Go Bishop/Gulch.

Jackie, hope yer connection works out. SWalker is right.

The puppy is the luckiest feller.

Dire…well, he sips beer :)

Cindy, you getting the carry et all was the best news of the day.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

SparkPlug…when I need a laugh or some humor to get a little lift in the day…I don’t have to go to Sirius Radio and listen to Blue Collar Comedy…and Get-ER-Done or anything…I just click on Hot Air and look for you…arnoldBishop (when he’s on a roll)…faraway and a few others…it’s like one stop shopping!…I saw where some lady voted Hot Air the number 1 conservative blog…which astounds me and tells me we HAVE REALLY MOVED to the center…when the center is now the right!…but hey!…there’s more here then meets the eye…and humor…is one of the attributes!…Thanks for what you do!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I have much suspicioned that there what you said.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I say many things, sometimes they are right, sometimes they are crazy, sometimes they are even crazy and yet still right. ;)

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Sounding good to me..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Yep. Flora is a disciple of the canopfor school of news gathering.

Plus she does the best smackdowns on Bluegirl.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

but…..when was she here last?

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

As The Years Go Passing By – Moore

I’ll bid you all a fond goodnight, now. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on December 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

All of the above quotes serve to illustrate why I loathe Democracy!

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on December 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Oh,I thought you were going to bid as all some fondue, I haven’t had any fondue in a while so I was looking forward to it, then I realized you were just wishing us a fond goodnight, while a fond goodnight is good, it’s not quiet as tasty as a nice fondue… ;p

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on December 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Later..Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I supposed we will never know the name of the #1 HA Lurker.

One post and they would move into to second place.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

thatsafactjack on December 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Bight Jackie. Sleep tight.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

All of the above quotes serve to illustrate why I loathe Democracy!

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I believe Winston Churchill once said something to the affect that “Democracy is the worst form of government ever invents, except for all the other forms of government which are even worse”.

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

but…..when was she here last?

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

She had a mini LIB meltdown. She said she wasn’t going to come back until she didn’t have to listen to LIB people.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I nominate my Magic * Ball as best political prognostication machine on HA next to the Spark IV numerical copulator and the 4Grace-B9 hybrid food co-processor.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Nite Jackie and nite Canada

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:24 AM

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I vote SparkPlug for the HA poster most likely to actually enjoy Vogon Poetry… o_O

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Sounding good to me..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

All sounds good to you, except what doesn’t :)

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Good evening….I hope things are wel “down under”..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

haha. You got me pegged but good. That but has one t, ok.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Says it all really. Here since Malkin. Calls me new. I have a face that can’t be remembered, and my comments apparently read like the duller parts of white noise. It’s always like this. My first time asked me six months later if I ever kissed a girl before.

. . . Anyway, my massive ego gratefully accepts your kind accommodation since it’s all I’m ever getting.

I nominate Resist We Much for Best Rookie Whip, and SparkPlug for SparkPlug — there really can be only one.

HEY LURKERS — Didn’t you just get a password? Do it! You know you want to. Spin a tune, or make an on-topic comment in protest of the chit-chat.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I vote Schad as the Jedi pebble master Troll smack-down artist who has a name that’s hard to spell.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SWalker on December 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Hee!

O Freddled gruntbuggly,

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Congeniality! :)

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

lol — most likely to withhold pee.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Good evening….I hope things are well “down under”..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

supposed we will never know the name of the #1 HA Lurker.

One post and they would move into to second place.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

…that’s why I miss the Quotes of the Day & Quotes of the Week feature Ed had…you would see votes in the thousands…and 22 comments…so probably even thousands upon thousands more… lurking! I think there are tons of lurkers.
I’m such a dumbazz…it took me months before I realized I could vote when I wasn’t registrated…and then…I looked forward to Sunday!… I couldn’t dry hump cr66 like you guys could…BUT I COULD VOTE ON SUNDAY!
I know it’s a bit of work…but Ed should continue that feature…the trolls don’t like it…but I do…and I think others do!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

All sounds good to you, except what doesn’t :)

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Juts trying to keep it upbeat..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

…(are you a retired veterinarian?)
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

it took me months before I realized I could vote when I wasn’t registrated KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I’m against that..The Ronulans took “spamming” too a whole new level doing that..Now you have another group attempting that..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Indeed. I’ve been going Galt. We’ve had no debt for awhile and don’t want to accrue any. I don’t even have a house payment because I did so well in the past 20 years… We’re ‘necessities only’ for sure.

Corporal Tunnel on December 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Lolz..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Corporal Tunnel on December 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Just remember to have fun..Sometimes it is easy to forget..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

…thanks Axe !…I go almost over every thread comment by comment…day by day…and must have scanned too fast…been tired…and missed it. I love that lady!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

There a zillions of lurkers. Anyway you are really good at beating up trolls. I’ve seen you in action all the time making them look silly.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

G’day, Dire, things are warming up nicely for the summer. :)

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

G’day, Dire, things are warming up nicely for the summer. :)

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I hear you..One of my bucket list items is to visit you and your country..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Plus Schad has a big brain.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Right on. I am having the time of my life with my wife of 18 years and our 3 wonderful children. Been feeling ‘misty-eyed’ about all of that tonight.

I’ve been way too serious and depressed in the recent past.

This is one of the best Holiday seasons ever.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Corporal Tunnel on December 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I hear you..One of my bucket list items is to visit you and your country..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Must work in Perth, Rottnest Island, rent a car and drip up/down Perth, in addition to all the other spots…apostles outside of Melbournse, penguins returning at night and etc.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I wonder if Kelly signed up.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SparkPlug, you can quit now. I’ve already promised you the pebble.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Next open registration, I’m getting Kelly an account.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Corporal Tunnel on December 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Same to you..Good Luck an Godspeed..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Thanks for the advice..Glad to see you have been there..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Sounds like a winner to me!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Charlie Crist, Democrat: Former GOP Governor Changes Party Affiliation

FloatingRock on December 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Only a matter of time before he outs himself.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Great land to visit, stupid politicians/people, except for good OldEnlish…not all, but same as here, the majority. In the past I expected them to be more fiercely independent than the US Americans. Was disappointed to not find that to be the case.

Today…well, you can see how stupid Americans have become, the majority anyway.

Both lands deserve what’s coming.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Duh…correction

Must work visit in Perth, Rottnest Island

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Also, not drip but drive up/down…I swear that I don’t drink alcoholic anything.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Both lands deserve what’s coming.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Hopefully both can make it to the other side..Got to have hope..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Both lands deserve what’s coming.

Schadenfreude on December 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

If it were not for my progeny, I would say “serves them right”.

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Can’t sleep, trying again, Schadenfreude lay off the sauce.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I’ve been an HA commenter for one year, one day. Almost.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Welcome back..Have you ever been to Land “down under”??..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM

No. I likely will never make it. I don’t travel out of Country anymore. Fascinating place I’m told. Similar to Ga. In that it was originally a penal colony if I’m not mistaken.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

…DITTO…!!!
Sh!t…I just wrote Dire a two page letter on his battle the other day with trolls….and lost it in a refresh!…I have done that numureous times despite most you people suggesting that we put in on word…and do you think I would listen?….gosh no…once a week month after month!…I piss myself off!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I would love to visit..Like I said it is “bucket list” item..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

…I think every ancestor of a citizen in Australia…was an inmate!…how many countries can say that?

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I think Scrumpy should name her new dog Scrumpy or Scrumper. One of my roommates in my youth had a beagle like, bassist hound like dog named Scrumper.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

At tops, one maybe two, three at most.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Sleepy, she could name the d o g . . . . . . . . . .

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I’ve been an HA commenter for one year, one day. Almost.

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Such a sentimental guy. :)

But only a sentimental guy could make a decent whirligig.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM

A down and dirty way to do this, give or take your mechanics over there — if you can get into the habit, just select-all/copy to the clipboard now and then. :)

Sorry about the loss. Hate it when that happens.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Wasn’t Scrumpy one of the eleven dwarves for Cinderella?

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I’m still all about Horatio. Good, solid name. Poor guy will probably wind up being “Scooter” or something.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Sleepy, Happy, Goofy, Scrumpy, Dwarfy, Sleezy, Dorkey,… I forget the rest.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

The smart money is on sparky or spanky.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Mr. Wimp vs, Mr. Choom. Who would have thought?

AshleyTKing on December 8, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Charlie Crist, Democrat: Former GOP Governor Changes Party Affiliation

Your turn, Boehner.

FloatingRock on December 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM

…DUDE! … you’ve been pi$$ing me off with your constant moronic mantras the last couple or more months…(you know…like some days…WHAT’S THIS GUY SMOOOOKING?… *and then there is a day or two every month or two*… where you say to yourself…his white blood cell counts seem to be normal!)Today is one of those days!… so WAIT!…I want to hold your hand right now…and let you say…GO FYS BONEHEAD!…I’ll… pat you on the back for what you just said!…that guy is starting to upset my stomach!…hang in here!…maybe you’re not such an obnoxious wiener!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

The smart money is on sparky or spanky.

SparkPlug on December 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
…come on!..You know Howdy Doodyis the best name!…think about it!…ok!…have a few drinks…and then think about it!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Ok…I’m watching the news…checking out Hot Air once in a while…and WHEN was the last time someone offered a tune I could listen to while I hite the mute button on the tube?
What the he11 is going on? …You’re slipping!…I don’t do that stuff!…GET WITH IT!…No Obamaturims…and now NO TUNES!….hey hey hey!…GET WITH IT JOCKEYS!

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Alien invasion. No worries. Repelled.

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 5:05 AM

Night, night crew!

Morning, morning crew!

What will KJ’s take be? You’ll have to stick around to find out.

*poof*

Axe on December 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Mornin’ all. Guilty as charged of lurking way more than I post. But HA is like a warm fireplace when the rest of the world is cold, dark and hate-filled. Thanks for being here in the fight. One of the best HA days is Christmas-everyone comes home to say “hey” and post a greeting. You get a real sense of how many lurkers there really are.

indypat on December 8, 2012 at 5:55 AM

What the hell does that have to do with the realities we are facing? If people like DeMint failed to grasp one single fact it was this: Taxes are going up in a few weeks and whether it is a good thing or a bad thing or a principled thing has not got a damn thing to do with what is happening in the real effing world. I am so tired of this argument.

Terrye on December 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Bmore on December 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

It just has to be Cider.

OldEnglish on December 8, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Terrye on December 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM

plus the added obamacare 3.8 surtax some of us will have to pay.

years like this. the fake christmas tree rolls out of closet.

renalin on December 8, 2012 at 7:27 AM