Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on December 6, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

House Speaker John Boehner is under pressure to defy Republican Party orthodoxy on income taxes to rein in the U.S. deficit, with an increasing number of his rank- and-file members saying they’re willing to discuss raising rates for top earners.

A few dozen Republicans have joined a bipartisan call to consider “all options” on taxes and entitlement programs, signaling they are ready to bargain on President Barack Obama’s main condition for a budget deal this month: a tax rate increase for the top 2 percent of U.S. earners.

“We’re at a fork in the road,” said former New Hampshire Senator Judd Gregg, a Republican. Obama and Boehner need to realize “they have to get in a room and work out a deal,” he said, or positions will “start to harden and both sides to some degree are going to be willing to accept going over the cliff.”

***

The adage in Washington is that if nobody is talking about what they’re really talking about, that’s a good sign for getting a deal.

In what may be just such a positive sign, President Barack Obama, Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, and their aides on Thursday seemed to be zipping their lips on the behind-the-scenes fiscal cliff talks after a private Wednesday phone call between the two men. Of course, both sides also continued their public relations fight over debt and taxes.

Lines of communication are open,” one House GOP leadership aide said.

***

Consider the Grand Bargain negotiating track. After laughing at President Obama’s offer, Republicans made a counteroffer, of sorts, the other day. One problem with the budget plan put forward by John Boehner is that it’s not a plan, just a sketchy bunch of topline numbers that doesn’t do any of the work of explaining where the higher revenue or lower spending will actually come from. Another problem is that even the sketchy outline has provoked howls of outrage from the right and probably couldn’t pass the House, even without putting any meat on its bones.

So the Grand Bargain track has gotten nowhere. By contrast, the mean, nasty partisan confrontation track is making steady progress. This alternate theory says that if Obama must force Republicans to accept the expiration of the Bush tax cuts for the rich before any deal can happen. And slowly but surely, Republicans are congealing around the recognition that they’ll have to accept the expiration of those tax cuts.

***

Right now, he is hoping to lead his fractious GOP to an orderly surrender. The question is no longer whether Republicans will give on taxes; they already have. All that remains to be negotiated is how they will increase taxes, and whether they will do it before or after the government reaches the “fiscal cliff.” …

Earlier in the week, Boehner offered Obama an $800 billion tax increase with the blessing of Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, the Republicans’ vice-presidential nominee this year, and other House leaders. The speaker is trying to hold out for making those hikes come from fewer deductions rather than higher rates, but the White House is feeling so confident that it dismissed Boehner’s offer out of hand. Obama communications director Dan Pfeiffer told Peter Baker of the New York Times that Obama “won’t sign a deal that doesn’t have higher rates for the wealthy. Until they cross that bridge, nothing else is relevant.”

Republicans are looking for face-saving ways to retreat, such as allowing a tax increase to pass the House by voting “present” instead of “no.” Jeb Hensarling (Tex.), the outgoing chairman of the House GOP conference, acknowledged Wednesday on CNN that “the president is going to get his revenue one way or the other.”

***

SEN. RAND PAUL: I have yet another thought on how we can fix this. Why don’t we let the Democrats pass whatever they want? If they are the party of higher taxes, all the Republicans vote present and let the Democrats raise taxes as high as they want to raise them, let Democrats in the Senate raise taxes, let the president sign it and then make them own the tax increase. And when the economy stalls, when the economy sputters, when people lose their jobs, they know which party to blame, the party of high taxes. Let’s don’t be the party of just almost as high taxes. …I will announce tonight on your show that I will work with Harry Reid to let him pass his big old tax hike with a simple majority if that’s what Harry Reid wants, because then they will become the party of high taxes and they can own it.

***

Reporters: Why is he afraid to put the President’s plan on the floor. Do you think you have democratic support?

Carney: We know that, and the filibuster is certainly an issue here, that we don’t have 60 votes in the Senate. So, I would not argue with the idea that the President’s proposal cannot at this time, or has not at this time, garnered Republican support. That’s what this debate is about. We are very confident that the Democrats support the principle that we need to have $1.6 trillion in revenue, asking the wealthy to pay more as part of a balanced package that the President has put forward. I understand that you’re going along with the gamesmanship here. We’re trying to be serious about these negotiations. We have put forward a proposal. We have seen no substantive proposal, especially on revenues, from the Republicans.

***

Let’s understand President Obama’s strategy in the “fiscal cliff” negotiations. It has nothing to do with economics or real fiscal reform. This is entirely about politics. It’s Phase Two of the 2012 campaign. The election returned him to office. The fiscal-cliff negotiations are designed to break the Republican opposition and grant him political supremacy, something he thinks he earned with his landslide 2.8-point victory margin on Election Day. …

What’s going on here? Having taken Boehner’s sword, and then his shirt, Obama sent Geithner to demand Boehner’s trousers. Perhaps this is what Obama means by a balanced approach. …

Such nonsense abounds because Obama’s objective in these negotiations is not economic but political: not to solve the debt crisis but to fracture the Republican majority in the House. Get Boehner to cave, pass the tax hike with Democratic votes provided by Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and let the Republican civil war begin.

***

At House Speaker John A. Boehner’s request, Senate leaders and Representative Nancy Pelosi have been excluded from talks to avert a fiscal crisis, leaving it to Mr. Boehner and President Obama alone to find a deal, Congressional aides say.

All sides, even the parties excluded, say clearing the negotiating room improves the chance of success. It adds complexity as the two negotiators consult separately with the leaders not in the room. But it also minimizes the number of people who need to say yes to an initial agreement.

“This is now the speaker and the president working this through,” said Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the Senate’s No. 2 Democrat.

White House aides and the speaker’s staff, by mutual agreement, have largely shut down public communication about the talks to avert hundreds of billions of dollars in automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to begin in January if no deal can be reached. Both sides said on Thursday that lines of communication remained open.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I know, I saw the tagline. Same impresario stuff. Just doesn’t do it for me.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Heh heh heh, I’m an old retired musician, classically trained, with a heart forged of pure heavy metal. Guy like Yngwie, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani really get my blood pumping… ;)

Joe Satriani – Flying In A Blue Dream

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I was thinking of Irving.

For some perspective for anyone what needs perspective and what wants to read an otherwise boring, off-topic exert. From the introduction of The Sketch-Book of Geoffrey Crayon:

‘The hint, however, about a reverse of fortune had struck the quick apprehension of [Sir Walter] Scott, and, with that practical and efficient good-will which belonged to his nature, he had already devised a way of aiding me. A weekly periodical, he went on to inform me, was about to be set up in Edinburgh, supported by the most respectable talents, and amply furnished with all the necessary information. The appointment of the editor, for which ample funds were provided, would be five hundred pounds sterling a year, with the reasonable prospect of further advantages. This situation, being apparently at his disposal, he frankly offered to me. The work, however, he intimated, was to have somewhat of a political bearing, and he expressed an apprehension that the tone it was desired to adopt might not suit me. “Yet I risk the question,” added he, “because I know no man so well qualified for this important task, and perhaps because it will necessarily bring you to Edinburgh. If my proposal does not suit, you need only keep the matter secret and there is no harm done. ‘And for my love I pray you wrong me not.’ If on the contrary you think it could be made to suit you, let me know as soon as possible, addressing Castle Street, Edinburgh.”

‘In a postscript, written from Edinburgh, he adds, “I am just come here, and have glanced over the Sketch-Book. It is positively beautiful, and increases my desire to crimp you, if it be possible. Some difficulties there always are in managing such a matter, especially at the outset; but we will obviate them as much as we possibly can.”

‘The following is from an imperfect draught of my reply, which underwent some modifications in the copy sent:

‘”I cannot express how much I am gratified by your letter. I had begun to feel as if I had taken an unwarrantable liberty; but, somehow or other, there is a genial sunshine about you that warms every creeping thing into heart and confidence. Your literary proposal both surprises and flatters me, as it evinces a much higher opinion of my talents than I have myself.”

‘I then went on to explain that I found myself peculiarly unfitted for the situation offered to me, not merely by my political opinions, but by the very constitution and habits of my mind. “My whole course of life,” I observed, “has been desultory, and I am unfitted for any periodically recurring task, or any stipulated labor of body or mind. I have no command of my talents, such as they are, and have to watch the varyings of my mind as I would those of a weathercock. Practice and training may bring me more into rule; but at present I am as useless for regular service as one of my own country Indians or a Don Cossack.

‘”I must, therefore, keep on pretty much as I have begun; writing when I can, not when I would. I shall occasionally shift my residence and write whatever is suggested by objects before me, or whatever rises in my imagination; and hope to write better and more copiously by and by.

“I am playing the egotist, but I know no better way of answering your proposal than by showing what a very good-for-nothing kind of being I am. Should Mr. Constable feel inclined to make a bargain for the wares I have on hand, he will encourage me to further enterprise; and it will be something like trading with a gypsy for the fruits of his prowlings, who may at one time have nothing but a wooden bowl to offer, and at another time a silver tankard.”‘

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

And the mome raths outgrabe.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Beware the Jabberwok, my friend.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Do you think either side has the will to do that?

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM

No, absolutely not, because neither party has any intention of ending their corruption and doing the right thing, no matter how easy.

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM

justltl on December 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Love that so much I just can’t tell ya. :)

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Joe Satriani – Flying In A Blue Dream

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

When I say route 49 and route 61, what does that do for you? And please DON’T google it.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM

This person is mine. Who is It?

B9

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I’m glad to have the “zoo crew” back!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM

And that’s why I haven’t been following the “fiscal cliff” news and won’t be following the debt ceiling news very closely, because I know that Boehner will not taking any steps to hold the Democrats accountable and actually reduce the corruption in Washington that sustains him.

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

WARNING!

You have exceeded the amount of text requisite to late night blogging.

WARNING!

You have cut and pasted TOO MUCH TEXT.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM

It’s a skill, like any other. I learned it. I used to be very sensitive about my work. However, after years of people eviscerating you and performing a vivisection on your work, you begin to realize that most often their criticism is just their own opinion. Everyone has one, and most people seem to think they’re a critic. It’s always easier to tear down what someone else does than to create anything on your own. Besides, in the industry you can’t show any weakness, particularly if you happen to be a woman.

thatsafactjack on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Nada that comes to mind.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

So,are you claiming that your Magic eight Ball with it’s new whatchamacallit thingie finally got one right? o_O

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yep. Got one right. Actually if you do exactly to opposite of what it says you will make out pretty good half the time.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

particularly if you happen to be a woman.

thatsafactjack on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Men feel the same.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Love that! :)

thatsafactjack on December 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM

This person is mine. Who is It?

B9

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

B9!

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Nada that comes to mind.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Awesome. Now Google it.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

The youngest Boy Wonder saw a G3 show with Satriani, Beck and Vai.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Certainly, but they don’t accuse you of wanting to cry in their effort to break you down. lol!

thatsafactjack on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

And how are the Democrats going to get blamed for not paying for it if the Republican control the house and hold the purse strings?

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Because enough Republicans will vote present to let the Democrats hike taxes to pay for the government they want but without charging it on the nations credit card, which has been maxed out.

Basically I’m saying the same thing Rand has suggested, but with the addition with capping the debt ceiling to force the Democrats to make the hard choices they would rather avoid.

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Love that! :)

thatsafactjack on December 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Made me feel better when I first read it, anyway. :)

You have cut and pasted TOO MUCH TEXT.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It’s huge. But I know how big it was when I posted it, and thinking about the flame war posts that are twice that — good grief those have a lot of words in them! :)

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM

*And typed in anger, not pasted. :)

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM

thatsafactjack on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I’ll bet. Everyone is excited for you and it’s good to be in a position where you are free to do what you love.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Nada that comes to mind.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Awesome. Now Google it.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

A couple of long interstates… ????

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

The youngest Boy Wonder saw a G3 show with Satriani, Beck and Vai.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Cool, those G3 event’s are always great shows.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Okay, I got you now. I agree that that is the best course of action. I think the “present” vote makes it plain that the tactic is one of futility but if the Democrats want to do it, they can knock themselves out.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

No sir..I’m rolling with the tide!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM

They cheated when they “rolled over” LSU. They were all playing better and everything. It wasn’t fair. They should only be allowed to play as good as anyone else. :)

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Puh. Tell my parole officer.

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Democrats: Honey, I want to buy something new, something expensive.
Republicans: We can’t, you’ve already maxed out the credit card!
Democrats: Isn’t there some way for me to spend more money?
Republicans: You can either get a job or else cut spending somewhere else, but the budget needs to be balanced, so get to work or start cutting coupons.

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

B9!

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

*the chick that makes boring salads.

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

A couple of long interstates… ????

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Robert Johnson went down to the crossroads and sold his soul to the devil to play blues guitar.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Democrats: Call the company and raise the limit. Then get a cash advance on it to pay the higher bill.

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

lol Cindy M. Just went to the dying Hugo Chavez thread. Can’t believe you thought I was praying for him—-Oh I might be but in the worst way.

You know that I love sarcasm. I don’t really think he was good for Venezuela. When they couped him years ago I think the plotters forgot the car trip that ends in an unfortunate accident part.

arnold ziffel on December 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Bummer.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I see where you are going..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 1:43 AM

arnold ziffel on December 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Well there’s always a chance that there is something good about these nuts that I am unaware of. Afterall, Barbra Wa Wa and Sean Pinhead seem to think that he and Castro have some kind of redeeming value.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Did you miss my question on why the “no love” for Jeff beck??..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Robert who? Never heard of him. This on the other hand is something I recorded back in 1996, just before it all went to hell and I hung it up. Don’t know nothin bout no selling souls to the devil… o_O

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:46 AM

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM

We are becoming the white trash nation, because we think it’s okay to live on credit and somehow someday we will win the lottery and everything will be good.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

i believe in a thing called love

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I liked it. a bit gay and happy in parts but it was good. Last night someone did some lazy warm weather Chet baker music that I liked…
I want to throw a party where the dj can only pick from HA open thread song posts. I think it would be a successful affair. Wine, cheese, clever conversation and the music of HotAir setting the mood.

Or a costume party were you come dressed as your favourite HA commenter. I’m doing unseen,DS or bluegill because you can get thier outfits at the Walmart(ask alt just to be sure) I don’t have time to hand make a sparkplug or a libfdreeordie mask so I probably will go with the store bought one (unseen,DS and bluegill)….. I know, this post is useless. DON’T YOU THINK I KNOW!!!!!!

BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Republicans: No, that would be irresponsible and we can’t do that to the children.

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I didn’t see this earlier. My son would break that one out and it would always get a laugh and applause.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Now, you’re talking about Republican people, not Republican politicians, right?

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I liked it. a bit gay
BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM

ROTFLMAO… The Darkness are making fun of Glam Metal, full on sardonic humor… ;)

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Looks like they changed YouTube again. I liked the way it looked before so now I am going to send a heated letter to those google people and demand that they change it back or I will dump my 3 shares of goggle stock on the open market and see how they like that.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Did you miss my question on why the “no love” for Jeff beck??..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Sorry, Dire. Thought I’d referenced it with my no love for impresarios post. I’ve seen him several times, but it just doesn’t do it for me.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM

ROTFLMAO… The Darkness are making fun of Glam Metal, full on sardonic humor… ;)

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

It was funny but the hooks were good and the singer had a good falsetto. I was dancing in my jammies to it which ,I guess, dampens the sardonic elements.

BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Not at all, they were mocking the Metro-sexual/gay take themselves way to seriously aspect of Glam Metal. ;)

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Robert who? Never heard of him.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Wow. Wikipedia-up. Clapton knows. Stevie Ray knows.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Where has that Lanceman been? Haven’t seen him.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Robert who? Never heard of him.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Wow. Wikipedia-up. Clapton knows. Stevie Ray knows.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

<— get's out big fish net… Hey Sparky, help me get this one in the boat will ya… ;p

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Well, I have a puppy sleeping on one arm, slightly snoring. Circulation and concentration are now difficult, so I’m going to call it a night. Sweet dreams everyone, it has been great. Y’all are the best.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Good night Cindy… ;)

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Not useless, I like the idea of HA commenters customes available at WalMart. It has a certain appeal.

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

It’s in my android now. You are a good promoter. About smart phones -Is anyone holding apple stock!?!?! What’s going on with that?!

Goodnight. I’m done stalking. Ambian…..

BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Sorry John..I was the one who missed it..My Bad..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM

You are a good promoter.

BoxHead1 on December 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Sigh…. If only I had been a good promoter back when I had my own record company, well, it also would have really helped a lot if everybody working for me hadn’t died too. o_O

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Can you hold out for Red Eye??..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Now, you’re talking about Republican people, not Republican politicians, right?

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

If the GOP establishment didn’t have a vested interest in maintaining the corruption then they’d be perfectly capable of playing the role, they just choose not to.

FloatingRock on December 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

The next big thing. The Andrew Sisters:

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Cindy Munford on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Too cute. :) Night Excellent Cindy Munford! And Cindy Munford’s puppies!

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Where has that Lanceman been? Haven’t seen him.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Twelve step program. I think he’s out making amends.

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Cripes. You caught a big lunker. We might need a crane to yank it out of the water. Watch out its going to ram us on the starboard side. I’ll hit the gas peddle and burn some rubber.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Were gonna need a bigger boat… ;)

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

lassic..Just classic..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Classic..Just classic..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Robert who? Never heard of him.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Wow. Wikipedia-up. Clapton knows. Stevie Ray knows.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

ROTFLMAO… Sorry John, just couldn’t resist, I’m a 51 year old retired Rock Star, I learned to play guitar at the age of 10 by playing Bob Dylan songs.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Do you mean the old Lanceman that was banned or the new Lanceman imposter?

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Stacy’s Mom

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM

*waves* Just stopped by on my way to bed.

You guys hold it down over here…and turn the lights out before you leave. :)

4Grace on December 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM

*waves* Just stopped by on my way to bed.

You guys hold it down over here…and turn the lights out before you leave. :)

4Grace on December 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hi 4Grace… Night 4Grace… :)

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I was born in the wagon of a travelling show
My momma used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I learned to play guitar at the age of 10 by playing Bob Dylan songs.

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Who?

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

4Grace on December 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Thanks for stopping by.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

4Grace on December 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hello..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Who?

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

No. Dylan wasn’t a member of the Who. That was Pete Townsend.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM

LOLZ..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM

rofl..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2012 at 2:34 AM

You guys hold it down over here…and turn the lights out before you leave. :)

4Grace on December 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM

NIGHT GRACE!

Someone lind the fight sich. The wight switch. The wall pipple. Nipple. Heh. “Wall nipple.” Wait, what are we looking for?

Dude — this poster glows. In the dark. Someone should kill the fights and watch it.

Someone lind the fight sich.

O s*** — I can’t see.

O! Check out this poser — it glows!

So cool.

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Who?

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

No. Dylan wasn’t a member of the Who. That was Pete Townsend.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Swang… ;p

SWalker on December 7, 2012 at 2:37 AM

It would be more fun if we had more fonts and colors. Plus being able to draw would be nice.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I’ve thought that many times. The drawing par. t.

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM

That was Pete Townsend.

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I don’t know what your talking about, but I love that guy!

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:42 AM

*you’re

– brb

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM

We could play pictionary and charades

SparkPlug on December 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM

erp

*poof*

Axe on December 7, 2012 at 3:15 AM

********************* RED ALERT *************************

Update: Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says no risk of widespread tsunami from earthquake off Japan’s east coast – @Reuters

1 min ago by editor
=======================

More: Tsunami expected to hit eastern Japan’s Miyagi prefecture at 0840 GMT, Japanese broadcaster NHK says – @ReutersIndia

3 mins ago by editor
========================

Magnitude 7.3 earthquake strikes off Japan’s east coast; tsunami warning issued for Miyagi prefecture – USGS / JMA

15 mins ago from earthquake.usgs.gov by editor
==================================================

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 3:48 AM

***** RED Alert 2 **************

7.3

===============

Earthquakes Tsunamis
@NewEarthquake

GEO-tagged world earthquakes magnitude 4.5+ and tsunami warnings. Dynamic avatar shows last earthquake. Sources: USGS, NOAA, GEOFON. (terremotos)

Worldwide
=========

Earthquakes Tsunamis ‏@NewEarthquake

Tsunami Information (Pacific): NO destructive widespread tsunami threat exists based on historical data. however e… http://j.mp/TGsjhJ
========

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 3:53 AM

*************** RED ALERT *****************

Japan rocked again…………..6.2

Earthquakes Tsunamis ‏@NewEarthquake

6.2 earthquake, 218km SE of Ofunato, Japan. Dec 7 18:31 at epicenter (21m ago, depth 29km). http://j.mp/TGujXa
===================================================

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 3:57 AM

************ RED ALERT ************

Warnings of height of tsunami in eastern Japan vary from 50cm to 2m, but not expected to be as destructive as 2011 quake – @BBCNews

15 secs ago by editor
=========================

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 4:18 AM

****Rising Sun EarthQuake Video *******(sarc)

Video: Buildings shake in Sendai, Japan as 7.3 earthquake hits – NHK World via @Itvnews

2 mins ago from http://www.itv.com by editor
==========================================

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Tsunami Map
***********

Tsunami warning area map from JMA.

1 hour ago from plus.google.com by user

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM

****UpDates***

JMA press conference: Tsunami warning still in effect after 7.3 quake; those in affected areas should remain on higher ground – @JapanTimes

17 mins ago by editor
=========================

JMA: Small 20 centimeter tsunami has been observed at Ofunato City in Iwate Prefecture at 18:10 local time – @JapanTimes

24 mins ago by editor
==========================

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Japanese English News Streaming Live

NHK World

canopfor on December 7, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Good mornin’ airheads! Question…. where is AP?

Key West Reader on December 7, 2012 at 5:35 AM

and the squishy GOP prevail once again…

CAVE

*sigh*

cmsinaz on December 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Key West Reader on December 7, 2012 at 5:35 AM

morning KWR

AP on vacay…

cmsinaz on December 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM

gop is worried that they are losing the PR war…they were never going to win with this lsm…cripe…

cmsinaz on December 7, 2012 at 5:49 AM

morning KWR

AP on vacay…

cmsinaz on December 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Thanks! I miss the snark :o)

Key West Reader on December 7, 2012 at 6:00 AM