Breaking: DeMint retiring from Senate

posted at 10:46 am on December 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC), who has led conservatives in the upper chamber for years, will resign his office next month, according to a statement from his office earlier this morning.  DeMint will move across town to the Heritage Foundation and will become its new president:

Today, U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) announced that he will leave the Senate at the beginning of January to become the next president of The Heritage Foundation, the largest and most respected conservative think tank in America.

“It’s been an honor to serve the people of South Carolina in United States Senate for the past eight years, but now it’s time for me to pass the torch to someone else and take on a new role in the fight for America’s future.

“I’m leaving the Senate now, but I’m not leaving the fight. I’ve decided to join The Heritage Foundation at a time when the conservative movement needs strong leadership in the battle of ideas. No organization is better equipped to lead this fight and I believe my experience in public office as well as in the private sector as a business owner will help Heritage become even more effective in the years to come.

“I’m humbled to follow in the footsteps of Ed Feulner, who built the most important conservative institution in the nation. He has been a friend and mentor for years and I am honored to carry on his legacy of fighting for freedom.

“My constituents know that being a Senator was never going to be my career. I came to Congress as a citizen legislator and I’ve always been determined to leave it as citizen legislator. South Carolina has a deep bench of conservative leaders and I know Governor Haley will select a great replacement.

“One of the most rewarding things I’ve done in the Senate is work with the grassroots to help elect a new generation of leaders who have the courage to fight for the principles of freedom that make this country so great. I’m confident these senators will continue the legacy of conservative leaders before them.”

Jim DeMint was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1998 after owning a successful advertising and market research company for twenty years. DeMint left the House after limiting himself to three terms and then was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2004 and re-elected in 2010.

During his time in office, DeMint has been tireless advocate for Americans taxpayers. His goal has been to support and defend the Constitution, which was written to preserve liberty by restraining the federal government. Toward that end, he authored legislation to balance the budget, ban earmarks, replace the tax code, and reform our entitlement programs. He also led the fight against unconstitutional power grabs like the Wall Street bailout and Obamacare.

The Wall Street Journal breaks down the political situation of DeMint’s departure:

Sen. DeMint’s departure means that South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, a Republican, will name a successor, who will have to run in a special election in 2014. In that year, both Mr. DeMint’s replacement and Sen. Lindsey Graham will be running for reelection in South Carolina.

Mr. DeMint was reelected to a second term in 2010. The 61-year-old senator had announced earlier that he would not seek a third term.

Frankly, I’m disappointed by the move, although this gives Heritage a big boost.  I had hoped to see DeMint act as a conservative leader in the Senate for the next four years, especially with Democrats taking a bigger majority after this past election.  Haley will make a wise appointment, I’m sure, and other Republicans in the chamber will get an opportunity to fill his shoes. However, considering the fights ahead of us, it would have been much better to have DeMint as a stalwart on the inside rather than an activist on the outside.

Regardless, I wish Senator DeMint the best, and thank him for his invaluable service to the conservative cause over the last several years.  I’m glad we’ll see him at Heritage, and look forward to the great work he will do there.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

I keep reading that conservatives don’t know how to get their message out so my take on this move is that DeMint is going to work behind the scenes and will use his marketing/advertising experience to craft a conservative message in a way that even the stupids who support and voted for Obamuh can understand and he’ll carve the pathways to clearly communicate the message. I heard DeMint and Feulner on with Rush earlier today and that’s my takeaway from the discussion. BTW, DeMint admitted he’s actually good friends with Harry Reid.

On another scary note re: the Senate, via NBC5 Chicago, a PPP poll found that 6 in 10 Illinois voters would support the Mooch as a US Senate candidate in 2016 (to steal back Baraka’s former-ly stolen seat from Mark Kirk). They failed to mention that 6 in 10 Illinois voters are mentally and reality challenged.

stukinIL4now on December 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

steebo77 on December 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Hmmmm, so both of them dislike opposition to Democrats?

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Good riddance, Mr. DeMint

Posted by Jennifer Rubin on December 6, 2012 at 11:52 am

steebo77 on December 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

What a b!tch.

Night Owl on December 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM

We’ll see. However, I don’t blame him for running away from the stench and rot that’s going to be routine from the Obama admin.

kim roy on December 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Agreed. Hopefully Heritage will get some money together and start producing and airing ads to teach people about conservatism. Education and a better ground game are what we need to be working on right now. That, and finding some conservatives to run for office.

hawksruleva on December 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I saw that. If it gives you any comfort, NumbersUSA sent out an alert for members to go their senator’s office today about amnesty. I went to Cornyn’s Houston office around 10:00 and there were already 4 other people there. We let the director know that amnesty will be the death knell for the GOP and warned of the consequences that would befall Cornyn should he vote for amnesty. NumbersUSA was another one of the factors that helped quash amnesty in 2006/2007 and there are hundreds of thousands more members now than 5 years ago. 1.3 million to be exact.

TxAnn56 on December 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hmm, I wonder why the urgency from NumbersUSA. Glad you could make it to Cornyn’s office. I received an email from DeMint’s Conservative Fund with a list of all R Senators to email them about not voting for whatever deal Boehner caves in on (fiscal cliff) I emailed S. Portman, but haven’t had an answer yet.

I used NumbersUSA website frequently during the Primaries due to Gov. Perry’s run. I never joined tho. Perhaps with everything going on now, especially with G.W./Jeb B. pushing it, I should join. Also perhaps Heritage.

Too many issues to try to deal with. We need a one stop place for Hot Topics, LOL The Senate snuck in an Online Sales Tax with the Defense bill they passed Tuesday. Axe from here found it, hidden in a completely different bill, I think.

Thanks for the info on NumbersUSA.

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Hmm. [disclaimer: rumor] DeMint was being rolled by the establishment on amnesty and knew that he didn’t have the votes to block it. [/rumor]

Sometimes, it’s better to step back and reload.

sauldalinsky on December 6, 2012 at 3:34 PM

That, and finding some conservatives to run for office.

hawksruleva on December 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Jim DeMint’s Senate Conservative Fund is looking for info on any prospective Senate Candidates.

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Are you being dense on purpose?

kim roy on December 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

you claimed that most people don’t pay attention to the U.S. Senate. If this is the case, do they pay attention to think tanks?

I may have missed your meaning though.

Joey24007 on December 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM

What a witch this Jennifer Romney-azz-licker is.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Some folks have honor..:)

PS..Harry Reid will get a visit from “karma”..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Is it honorable to lie about Harry Reid? It makes you Harry Reid.

Cindy, why does he have to deal with Reid any more?

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

The senate? Who pays attention to the senate? Seriously? We’re junkies. The average person has no clue.

No. The media and messaging are the issue. If DeMint can make a difference in getting a coherent message out in 30 second soundbites for the nitwits, then he’s worth his weight in gold.

kim roy on December 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM

and these people pay attention to the Heritage Foundation?

Joey24007 on December 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM

In reading your other responses, I am
convinced that you are missing the point on purpose.

Amjean on December 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

How come we don’t get to say who our representatives in the press are? None of these token Republicans are ever Republicans but get propped up because they agree with Democrats. It seems like we, as the maligned, should at least have a say in our mouthpieces.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Wow. Pelosi had the exact same reaction to the news as did Jennifer Rubin. Imagine that.

steebo77 on December 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

1. Pelosi is literally a harlot. The book on how she became ‘famous’ is not yet written.

2. Jennifer is a harlot for Romney.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

PappyD61 on December 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Pappy, explain just one thing to me. What do you think the effect will be if those over $250,000 lose the Bush tax cuts? You have two choices:

1. Deficit Reduction
-or-
2. Fairness

You may only choose one. Explain.

BigAlSouth on December 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

‘The press’ is no longer deserving to live/work as lucratively/destructively as they do. They are derelict in their duties, from all sides, with few exceptions.

For starters many are literally in bed with the gov’t. I wish them all cripples. They are crippling the land, thus they deserve no less. Yes, un-PC term chosen intentionally.

She, Fox and the entire establishment can all go to Hades, pronto. It’s almost schadenfreudig to watch her lose Romney. She was the biggest cheerleader for him, after Ann Coulter…the latter having been snookered by Christie-love. He showed her. He chose Obama.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

As Palin would say, “they want us to sit down and shut up”.

In many respects the gop is worse than the democraps. At least
with them, we know they are either fringing on or already full
blown socialists/marxists/communists. This is what they believe in and are not afraid to say so.

Regarding the 47%, they are not afraid either to say “don’t take
away my stuff”, or “give me more stuff”.

Can someone tell me exactly what the gop believes in?

I know what I believe in as a conservative, however, I don’t think
the gop believes in or gives a rat’s a$$ what conservatives believe.

How long are we going to take this?

BTW – I read that in the 2012 election there were 90,682,968 registered voters. Total votes cast were 126,985,809. Can
someone explain this to me? Convince me there wasn’t massive voter
fraud. Inform me on why nothing is done about it.

Amjean on December 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I think you can like someone who you disagree with. After all, as hard as it is to believe Reid was sent there by his constituency(repeatedly) to promote that ideology and bring home the bacon. I want our guys to win on ideas or even procedure, but I don’t want them to be like Democrats and take cheap personal shots. I just don’t think it gains him anything. As for dealing with Reid in the future, I don’t know if he will on a personal level but Heritage should be about proving conservative beliefs being better for everyone, like grown ups, not this silly sh!t the Dems get away with.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hmmmm, so both of them dislike opposition to Democrats?

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Rubin is the token idiot at the Post.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM

thank you, most appreciated.

Needless to say, it is the spending part.
Idiots in suits. Not an idea among them. Yay!

I’ll say no more, save for this…

I love this country, all the good.
Are we alive to be pissed off, or just get on with our lives creating as we do?
I am plenty pissed off.

Your lying eyes. Same, INC.
Not ever giving up. Nope, never.

mickytx on December 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Funny lady

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I agree with all you say but I just want to know why we can’t do anything about it. We can’t stop watching and reading, we already don’t that but to have Ms. Rubin, David Frum, Andrew Sullivan, David Brookes and Megan McCain being billed as the voice of Republicans is maddening. Not that I am particularly fond of the Republican message either but it just seems like their “side” should at least occasionally agree with what the Republicans are trying to do. Everyone yelling surrender hardly seems sporting.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Hey, at least I’m still for going over the cliff.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Heh, Cindy, speaking of the cliff…it’s scary how stupid the DC ‘representatives’ are, including RP.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Hey, didn’t I see that can dancing Gangnam Style with Alan Simpson? It took me nine links to find someone who linked the video, sorry about the source.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

lolz..I see your point..Just like you can see Demint’s..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Just like you can see Demint’s..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

There is NO point in say ing that “Reid is nice”. Reid is a thug. He even belittled Romney’s Mormonism, as a Mormon.

The beer is either too strong, or too much :)

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Eh, NumbersUSA seems to be nutty to me.

juliesa on December 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Which RP?

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM

In reading your other responses, I am
convinced that you are missing the point on purpose.

Amjean on December 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Ok, somebody made the statement that nobody pays attention to the Senate other than political junkies.

Then they followed that by saying that if DeMint, in his new role at the Heritage Foundation, could “message” better then he would be doing a good job.

What I am saying is that if nobody (according to the original poster)pays attention to the U.S. Senate then why are they going to pay attention to a conservative think-tank.

Am I missing something?

Joey24007 on December 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM

The beer is either too strong, or too much :)

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I say keep giving him(Reid) plenty until the he falls on his ass in front to the whole world.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM

let us all just dive in to the deep end. Make it a swan with a jackknife, maybe even the triple Lyndy.
No splash. Stick the landing.

I’ll hold Mrs Munford’s hand on the way down, if Mr is still fighting it out. Weeeeeeeeeee. Thud.

Hey, at least I’m still for going over the cliff.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

trillions. one per is… 1 million million.
No worries for Obamaphone haves, they don’t pay their bill for the cell.

mickytx on December 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM

As Palin would say, “they want us to sit down and shut up”.
Amjean on December 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Ironically, when you quit public office, you oblige them

Joey24007 on December 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I’m told the kid was on Cavuto today.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Which RP?

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM

The old one. He walked past the kid in the can and ignored his question.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Manning is a whistleblower and a hero.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM

“So if we have an American citizen, and he’s willing to take it, uh, take the consequences and practice civil disobedience, say “This is what our government’s doing!” Should he be locked up and in prison? Or should we, you know, see him as a political hero? Maybe he is a true patriot who reveals what’s going on in government.”

- Ron Paul

Two Points:

1. Because I am a lawyer, I will say that Manning only “allegedly” violated 18 U.S.C. § 793 & § 798.

2. There is no “civil disobedience” in the military. Manning is NOT a civilian. In the military, troops do not even have full First Amendment rights, for example.

Were the Rosenbergs “heroes”? How about Alger Hiss?

Bradley Manning took an oath when he joined the military. He also signed an agreement not to disclose classified information as part of his security clearance and accepted such each time he viewed material online or on paper. Disclosing classified information to an organisation, Wikileaks, that has nothing but contempt for his country does not make him a hero or a whistle-blower.

If he was truly concerned about what he had learned, then he should have followed the Pentagon Papers example by secretly delivering the documents to a Senator or Representative sympathetic to his position, who then could have disclosed everything on the floor of the House or Senate without being subjected to prosecution pursuant to the Speech and Debate Clause.

Bradley Manning wanted the fame and adoration of the Left and he wanted to hurt his country, which is why he chose a cretin like Julian Assange to be his delivery system. Fortunately for him, he will get many years to play the political martyr to the “nano-thermite” crowd.

Resist We Much on December 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM

You forgot Peggy Noonan, who’s Depends get wet every time she thinks of Obama…and a few more.

They have Nothing in common with you/us and s/b ignored.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I know a corporate lobbyist, a Repub, who is very fond of Harry Reid. Back in the day he was always a friendly guy you could do business with, and of course he’s grown wealthy in office.

So maybe there are still remnants of that about Reid. I dunno though. His public statements are so hateful, I would have a hard time liking him even if he were working on our side.

juliesa on December 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Resist We Much on December 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

If I ever need a good lawyer, you’re the one – hopefully just at the gulch :)

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM

LoLz..:)

PS..Like I said Reid’s date with “Karma” is coming..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Yeah, bud, righties are soooo free to speak at leftist universities…why don’t you move the constitution debate away from this topic?

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

This is a private website, not a public university. Given your Constitutional ignorance, it’s no surprise you got it wrong.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Either you are a Fool, or you play one good on HA.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Ignorance is bliss and indignant.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM

What part baffles you? The part where he’s right or the part where he came out and said it?

We are all accidents of birth. Some of us hit the beauty lottery, some of us are born into a wealthy family and some of us are born on a plain in Africa where life will be miserable. Most of us somewhere in between. That doesn’t sound equal to me, but you go ahead and continue to attempt your political correctness shaming.

Most of us are smarter than that.

kim roy on December 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It is you who is baffled. The phrase does not mean that we are created into equal social status or that our talents are all equal; the phrase is speaking to natural rights, that we are all created equal with the same unalienable rights.

That you even make this argument is massive failure in understanding on your part.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Resist We Much on December 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Either you are a Fool, or you play one good on HA.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

rofl..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Resist We Much on December 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Paul was speaking about protecting all whistleblowers, and he used the plural; he was also speaking hypothetically in illustrating the need for us to support rather than condemn whistleblowers.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Dante is actually not a natural dummy. He just pretends to not be in Obama’s azz.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Yes, Dante. it is a private blog. That means that the Moderators can ban you for trolling, whenever they want to.

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

No banning Dante.

I like to have him around and it is a leftist idea to shut people up.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

That’s right, and hence there is no right to free speech/freedom of speech as the woefully misguided Schadenfreude suggested.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

You’re right I did forget her and her overuse of Pres. Reagan’s coattails.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I never suggested that there s/b everywhere and always. I simply stated that the leftists are for it only for them but prevent others from speaking at univ., for ex.

Either you are dense, or you play obtuse on purpose, on HA.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I think you should wait until you have denied free speech before you whine. I see no reason why you shouldn’t continue here.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Misguidance is indignant.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Considering how they’ve allowed you to go off and ruin threads, I would say that you have nothing at all to complain about.

By the way, as Ms Munford asked: Do you go to Lefitst sites and go off on Obama the way you antagonize posters here?

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Too bad Sarah Palin doesn’t live in SC. :)
Paul-Cincy on December 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM

LOL. That would burst some bubbles! I don’t think she’s interested in being limited by a Senate seat. the confines of a job she’s expected to keep for more than six months. She’s a free Spirit!!
bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

FIFY.

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

He has a right to remain silent.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Gotcha!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

He doesn’t ruin threads. He just has a different point of view than you, and he expresses it often. I think it is good that he posts here.

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Agreed – same for goes for you

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Good ???..:)

PS..Maybe we can ask HondaV65 the same ??..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

So says one of the most reviled posters here.

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Either you are dense, or you play obtuse on purpose, on HA.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Only here are freedom of speech valued.

The smart leftists know this. If they are halfway decent we even talk sanely with them. Not reciprocated on their sites. You get banned…not that I’d ever want to wade into those rat-infested-latrines, yack.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Have to agree, that is a good question.

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Your post makes no sense. Did you just jump in now without knowledge of the discussion, or have you been following the thread?

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

So says one of the most reviled posters here.

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

What did Voltaire say? “…disagree, but fight…your right to say it”.

Where is your usual magnanimity?

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Your PDS grows stronger…

idesign on December 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Your point? Myriad of posters on HA confess to being banned from leftist sites for posting a single contrarian comment. It’s not happening here.

You are obtuse on purpose, like a big old elephant.

I support your right to remain so.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Your PDS grows stronger…

idesign on December 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

It’s the ying to your yang.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

PS..Maybe we can ask HondaV65 the same ??..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I bet he does. Honda has a pretty long history here and I would say that his total disillusionment is relatively recent. Obviously I don’t know but I see him getting kicked off of lefty sites on a regular basis and being darned proud of it. I can’t find it in my heart to blame him for his current attitude although I’m not sure it is helpful.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

What did Voltaire say?

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

“Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.”

Then he died…

idesign on December 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM

kingsjester on December 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Perhaps you should read the thread so you would know what the discussion is. You are misunderstanding; I am not complaining about any speech issue here, only correcting a misconception.

Maybe someday you’ll grow up and actually particpate in a discussion.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Good point..But his attitude is definitely not helpful..imho..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I thought your comment at the noted time was suggesting there was no free speech here. The thread is about Sen. DeMint so regardless of what either of us meant, I’d say it was off thread.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

But it only hurts him, in that few take him seriously any longer. I’m glad he has a place to come and be angry. Right now, I’m a lot more understanding.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

You are obtuse on purpose, like a big old elephant.

I support your right to remain so.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

My point is that you incorrectly called this a place with freedom of speech; it isn’t. This is a private website; people have privileges here, not rights. Speech is controlled, which is well within the rights of the property owner. That’s not a complaint; that’s correcting your misunderstanding of Constitutional principles.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I agree, how do you feel about HondaV65?

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Should I have said, I can imagine him getting kicked off of Lefty sites. I truly have no knowledge, it just seems like something he would enjoy.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yada, yada, yada…so what prevents a public university from the exercise of free speech? …aside from the ignorant leftist dic tators?

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

You’re the one who brought it up, taking it off-topic, remember?

Question. Do you go to Lefty sights and say the same stuff about Obama?

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

No, I’m not Dante…he’d be decimated over there. Only here are freedom of speech valued.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Do you know the difference between public and private? It doesn’t appear that you do.

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Stench.

Bmore on December 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I know what I believe in as a conservative, however, I don’t think
the gop believes in or gives a rat’s a$$ what conservatives believe.

someone explain this to me? Convince me there wasn’t massive voter
fraud. Inform me on why nothing is done about it.

Amjean on December 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM

The GOP don’t want Conservatives nor Tea Party Candidates because they oppose the positions of the GOP. The GOP like their lofty seats and work with the Dems, whereas the Conservatives work against them. They have proven that over time, starting with Sarah Palin. What Boehner has pulled is evidence out in the open now.

Regarding the election numbers, I would say either fraud or many duplicate votes. There was plenty of fraud in 2008, but no one did anything then and won’t now. My opinion is that no one wanted to be called racist in 2008 and no one wants to be called racist now by calling it into question. Just proceed and get Jeb Bush ready as planned:-)

That’s my opinion.

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

It was just a question, you never answered it. Don’t be a victim.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Dante on December 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

It’s getting more and more obvious that you are obtuse or intentionally obtuse, stinky annoyance.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012

…I don’t mind leftists…it’s lowlifes I don’t like!

KOOLAID2 on December 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Bmore, I hope all’s going better.

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

As Palin would say, “they want us to sit down and shut up”.
Amjean on December 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Ironically, when you quit public office, you oblige them

Joey24007 on December 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM

LOL, being out of office hasn’t stopped Sarah or haven’t you noticed?

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Stench.

Bmore on December 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

…Smell!

KOOLAID2 on December 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

…I don’t mind leftists…it’s lowlifes I don’t like!

KOOLAID2 on December 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

What’s the diff?

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Stench.

Bmore on December 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Rats and latrines = stench

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Very good point..I agree 100%..:)

Dire Straits on December 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM

; ) I am building you a whirlygig. When I have it finished, I will let you know. : )

Bmore on December 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM
FIFY.

bluegill on December 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

egads! Conservatives and Palin bring out all of the trolls!!

Still hating on Palin I see. That’s bad for the disposition:-)

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Thesaurus.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Bmore on December 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Roger

Schadenfreude on December 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

bluefox on December 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Someone is going to be mighty surprised next election when their lack of respect for others is taken out on their preferred candidate. Fool me once shame on men……I think we know the rest.

Cindy Munford on December 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM