Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 2, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

The Palestinian president returned triumphantly to the West Bank on Sunday, receiving a boisterous welcome from thousands of cheering supporters at a rally celebrating his people’s new acceptance to the United Nations.

An Israeli decision to cut off a cash transfer to the financially troubled Palestinian Authority, following an earlier decision to build thousands of new homes in Jewish settlements, failed to put a damper on the celebrations.

But Palestinian officials acknowledged they were undecided on what to do with their newfound status, and were waiting for upcoming Israeli elections and new ideas from President Barack Obama before deciding how to proceed.

***

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas Sunday vowed to pursue efforts to end the split between the West Bank and Gaza and thanked Hamas and all Palestinian groups for supporting his statehood bid at the UN. …

“The message to us is very clear,” he said. “We are not alone. History is with us. The future belongs to us and God is with us.”

Abbas said he decided to go to the UN despite pressure and warnings from several parties. “They told us that if we go the world would explode,” he added. “They asked us to postpone the move. Finally, they told us to change our policy and project. But we remained steadfast and triumphed because the world heard the voices of our people.” …

Abbas said the Palestinians would continue their struggle until the Palestinian flag is raised over the walls of Jerusalem’s Old City and churches. He said that Jerusalem was the “eternal capital of the State of Palestine.”

***

Israel on Sunday roundly rejected the United Nations’ endorsement of an independent state of Palestine, announcing it would withhold more than $100 million collected for the Palestinian government to pay debts to Israeli companies.

It was the second act of reprisal since the U.N. General Assembly voted overwhelmingly on Thursday to support the Palestinians’ statehood initiative. The following day, Israel announced it would start drawing up plans to build thousands of settlement homes, including the first-ever residential developments on a sensitive piece of land near Jerusalem. Actual construction would be years away.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared the statehood campaign, led by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, as “a gross violation of the agreements signed with the state of Israel.”

***

One hardly needs to note that the U.N.’s Israel obsession, which takes up more of its time and elicits more Human Rights council resolutions than any issue or country on the planet, comes at a time the body can’t bring itself to move against Bashar al-Assad in Syria, religious oppression of Christians in the Middle East or, goodness gracious, anything regarding the authoritarian revanchism in Georgia. Nothing to see there. Keep moving on. (This, by the way, is the “international community” in all its glory that President Obama so diligently courts.) …

Which brings us to the U.S. and Ambassador Rice. She could only persuade the Czech Republic, some Pacific island countries, Canada and Panama? That’s the extent of her diplomatic prowess? (I am certain that the Canadian government needed no convincing on this score, having frequently and courageously defended the Jewish State.)

It is unclear if the Obama administration, and Rice specifically, made any effort whatsoever to round up some “no” votes. It is quite likely the United States never communicated to Europeans and other allies (e.g. Australia) that the United States would look unfavorably on their abstentions.

***

Questions about repercussions are “better directed at the Congress than at us,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Friday. She said the State Department is still trying to release $495 million in pending funds for fiscal year 2012 that were held up following the Palestinians’ failed effort last year to become a full member of the U.N.

“We will also continue to try to support the Palestinian Authority, because this money supports their … ability to administer the territories, provide security, and take care of the needs of the Palestinian people, who we continue to believe need our support, need the international community’s support.”

***

Nor did Mr. Abbas help his cause by accusing Israel of “ethnic cleansing,” “an apartheid system of colonial occupation,” “the plague of racism,” and more. That kind of talk may work with the usual suspects at Turtle Bay who gave Mr. Abbas a standing ovation. But Israelis who spent recent days in bomb shelters while Iranian-built missiles were fired at them from Gaza probably weren’t cheering. Theirs is the say that matters if a Palestinian state is ever to come into being.

Those Israelis won’t be reassured by the lopsided 138-9 margin of Thursday’s vote, with 41 abstentions. In effect, the General Assembly voted to violate the 1993 Oslo Accords, which are the legal basis for Mr. Abbas’s Palestinian Authority and require negotiations with Israel to create a state. When the world next asks Jerusalem to take “risks for peace,” Israelis will know that countries such as France (which voted for the resolution) and Germany (which abstained) will not have their backs.

It will be interesting to see if the Palestinians now use their new U.N. status to harass Israelis in venues such as the International Criminal Court. Such tactics are aimed at making everyday life increasingly unbearable for Israelis, ostensibly to force their hand on accepting a Palestinian state. Our guess is that it will have the opposite effect.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Israel..

RIP

Electrongod on December 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

…the world is nuts!

KOOLAID2 on December 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

It is also unclear if the Obama administration, and Rice specifically, had any concern about Benghazi..

Electrongod on December 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

…surprised they didn’t vote ‘PRESENT

KOOLAID2 on December 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

…oh boy!

KOOLAID2 on December 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Um,no. Thug nations, dictatorships, and the criminally corrupt Obama administration is with you. I don’t care if the U.S. cast a “no” vote. They’re not the least bit upset about this.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I never thought I would see the day where the US turns it’s back on Israel in anyway. It makes me cry.

At least Israel is protected by the best, biggest authority out there.

I swear it is definitely the “season”.

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Has anybody looked at a map? If they fire another missle drive them out, into the sanai and be done with it.

wolly4321 on December 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

After seeing Susan Rice’s several weeks of “just following orders” lies and deceptions about Obama’s Benghazi betrayal followed by the typically overplayed race card….any foreign government dealing with Rice should realize that for anything she says the opposite will be true.

viking01 on December 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Meanwhile here at home in the Good ole US of A, we’re all chanting L.I.B (Let it burn) Burn baby Burn…

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Israel..

RIP

Electrongod on December 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

nope I know who protect Israel …
the rest of the world is in trouble…

conservative tarheel on December 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

EFF the Effing UN!

Israel-do what you must.

bazil9 on December 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

With my faith and reading the Bible, I didn’t for one minute think what ‘is’ going to happen with Israel and the world would happen before I die? But daily I can see what I read and understand is happening and that worthless pos in the wh is making the US a part of it!

I know God knows, our house does not want or let alone go along with bho on this. But He is in charge.

BTW, I am not suggesting anyone goes alone with how I feel or how I read the Bible in my faith.

God please be with Israel.
L

letget on December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Israel..

RIP

Electrongod on December 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Not a chance. Israel will come out on top, no matter what.
The One who sits in the absolute pinnacle of ALL authority, has said so.

All this means is that there’s going to be a LOT of “strife” in the near future. Most of it, over there.

Kinda’ like 1967, all over again.

But Israel will not fall. Period.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

…F O R W A R D …!!!

KOOLAID2 on December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

But Israel will not fall. Period.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

AMEN!

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Electrongod
on December 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

nope I know who protect Israel …
the rest of the world is in trouble…

conservative tarheel on December 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Now we’re talkin’. . : )

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The Israelis should have driven the Arabs out of the re-conquered regions when they won the 1967 War.

Leaving them in place has won only internal enemies.

profitsbeard on December 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I’ve hear the L.I.B. is Cloward-Pivens argument before. I don’t agree with what the eventual outcome may be. Cloward-Pivens assumes that they know how all the people will react. They exhibit their contempt for people as only elitists can. They think the masses are all weak, stupid, helpless sheep. They are wrong.

Regardless, I’ll take my chances. As I said the other night, I think the “makers” will survive it better than the “takers.”

Rant off. Back to topic. Israel should retake Gaza and the West Bank. Send the “palestinians,” who are actually just Arabs, packing.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM

When you team up with Bill Ayers and Bernie Dorn a despot is only just part of the natural progress.

Speakup on December 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM

God please be with Israel.
L

letget on December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Obama isn’t the first American President to attempt to turn his back on Israel (Remember Jimmy Carter? Bill Clinton?) and he wont be the last. The American people and Congress have not. While it is indisputable that tough times are at hand, even the end times, those times you are referring to are not quite here yet. Keep your eyes and your ears open and watch in prayer, for they certainly will arrive one day.

Personally I happen to believe that the entire reason God sent the Prophets was so that each generation could make the choice as to whether or not they would be the generation in which those things came to pass. I do not think the evidence shows that any generation currently on earth has yet decided to side with the anti-Christ.

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

nope I know who protect Israel …
the rest of the world is in trouble…

conservative tarheel on December 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Now we’re talkin’. . : )

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I can only hope..

Electrongod on December 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Tel Aviv or Jerusalem?

Fallon on December 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Leaving them in place has won only internal enemies.

profitsbeard on December 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Abraham never should have conceived with his wife’s hand maid.
Even if it was his wife’s idea.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM

It isn’t the eventual outcome that worries me, it’s the nuts and bolts of HOW we get to the eventual outcome that has me worried.

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM

You know this is going to end well.

CorporatePiggy on December 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM

bazil9 on December 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hi B9. The UN is like a paper tiger. There are like a Honey Badger without claws. A shark without teeth. A pistol shrimp without a claw. Obama without a prompter. Chuck Norris without a round house kick. Pamela Anderson without boobs. Sparky without his B9.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM

So much arab territory, and the so called “palistinians” have no where to go? Israel is smaller than the county I live in. If my neighbor was throwing rocks over the fence while my kids were playing in the backyard… it wouldn’t end well for them.

wolly4321 on December 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM

You make me laugh – in a good way.

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM

When Yasser Arafat died and rotted away many were surprised to learn that he stunk more when he was alive.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM

More specifically, Syrians.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:40 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Thanks, I am not in the least upset or will never ever stop my prayers to Him. I don’t get bent out of shape on things when I know He has the lead.
L

letget on December 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM

If y’all are like me and no longer paying attention to the Green Room, you may want to check this out:

Liberty Unyielding.

cozmo on December 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm

Fa la la la la la la la la

Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm

Fa la la la la la la la la

Hmm Hmm hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm

Fa la la la la la la la la

‘Tis the season to be jolly

Fa la la la la la la la la!

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

JACK… What a lovely delight to see you back… ;)

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Cut them off.

The Palestinians could have had full statehood decades ago.

A Century of Palestinian Rejectionism

Resist We Much on December 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hi B9. The UN is like a paper tiger.

For now. I do not believe in the “UN”.

Sparky without his B9.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Well that explains it all. ;) Got it now.
xo

bazil9 on December 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Thank you, SWalker! It’s great to see you, too! Merry Christmas to you, my friend! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

This is the best time of year to purchase Calendars for 2012.

I give them to foreigners who can’t afford the 2013 calendars that come with a 1 year warranty.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Cut them off.

Resist We Much on December 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Cut them off is right, time for Israel to shut off the electricity, water, gas and money to the Palestinians. They want to be a sovereign state, let them provide their own just like every other sovereign state does.

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Evenin’ jackie. :D

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

And the Merriest of Christmases to you as well.

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

What came first, the chicken nogg or the egg nogg?

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Good evening, Predator! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Thank you, Swalker! I’m working on it! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM

What came first, the chicken nogg or the egg nogg?

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The Tofu nogg???? o_O

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM

and new ideas from President Barack Obama before deciding how to proceed.

The tide has definitely turned.

Cleombrotus on December 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Meanwhile….Egypt marchs on towards Iran Part Two….

More: Egypt court convicts 8 to death in absentia over anti-Islam film; includes Florida-based pastor Terry Jones – @AP

Nov 28, 2012, 12:00 p.m. from news.yahoo.com by editor
======================================================

Egypt court sentences 8 to death over prophet film
By By SARAH EL DEEB | Associated Press – Wed, Nov 28, 2012
**********************************************************

CAIRO (AP) — An Egyptian court convicted in absentia Wednesday seven Egyptian Coptic Christians and a Florida-based American pastor, sentencing them to death on charges linked to an anti-Islam film that had sparked riots in parts of the Muslim world.

The case was seen as largely symbolic because the defendants, most of whom live in the United States, are all outside Egypt and are thus unlikely to ever face the sentence. The charges were brought in September during a wave of public outrage in Egypt over the amateur film, which was produced by an Egyptian-American Copt.

The low-budget “Innocence of Muslims,” parts of which were made available online, portrays the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, womanizer and buffoon.

Egypt’s official news agency said the court found the defendants guilty of harming national unity, insulting and publicly attacking Islam and spreading false information — charges that carry the death sentence.

Maximum sentences are common in cases tried in absentia in Egypt. Capital punishment decisions are reviewed by the country’s chief religious authority, who must approve or reject the sentence. A final verdict is scheduled on Jan. 29.

The man behind the film, Mark Basseley Youssef, was among those convicted. He was sentenced in a California court earlier this month to one year in federal prison for probation violations in an unrelated matter. Youssef, 55, admitted that he had used several false names in violation of his probation order and obtained a driver’s license under a false name. He was on probation for a bank fraud case.

Multiple calls to Youssef’s attorney in Southern California, Steve Seiden, were not returned Wednesday.

Florida-based Terry Jones, another of those sentenced, is the pastor of Dove World Outreach, a church of less than 50 members in Gainesville, Fla., not far from the University of Florida. He has said he was contacted by the filmmaker to promote the film, as well as Morris Sadek, a conservative Coptic Christian in the U.S. who posted the video clips on his website.

In a telephone interview Wednesday, Jones said the ruling “shows the true face of Islam” — one that he views as intolerant of dissent and opposed to basic freedoms of speech and religion.

“We can speak out here in America,” Jones said. “That freedom means that we criticize government leadership, religion even at times. Islam is not a religion that tolerates any type of criticism.”

In a statement sent to The Associated Press Wednesday, Sadek, who fled Egypt 10 years ago and is now a Coptic activist living in Chantilly, Virginia., denied any role in the creation, production or financing of the film.

He said the verdict “shows the world that the Muslim Brotherhood regime wants to shut up all the Coptic activists, so no one can demand Copts’ rights in Egypt.”

Coptic Christians make up most of Egypt’s Christian minority, around 10 percent of the country’s 83 million. They complain of state discrimination. Violent clashes break out occasionally over land disputes, worshipping rights and love affairs between Muslims and Christians.

The connection to the film of the other five sentenced by the court was not immediately clear. They include two who work with Sadek at a radical Coptic group in the U.S. that has called for an independent Coptic state, a priest who hosts TV programs from the U.S. and a lawyer living in Canada who has previously sued the Egyptian state over riots in 2000 that left 21 Christians dead.

In a phone interview, one of the men sentenced who works with Sadek, Fikry Zaklama, said he had nothing to do with the film and hadn’t even seen it.

“When I went to look at it (on the Internet), they told me it had been taken down,” said Zaklama, 65, a Coptic activist and retired physician who practiced in Jersey City, N.J. “I’m not interested. I’m not a clergyman. I’m a political guy.”

Nader Fawzy, a 53-year old jewelry store manager and president of an international Coptic rights organization from Toronto, Canada, said he planned to file a lawsuit against the Egyptian government in Canada for what he said was a wrongful prosecution.

He said he’s terrified of being kidnapped and spirited to Egypt. Fawzy, who came to Canada in 2002 from Sweden and lost his Egyptian citizenship in 1992, denied any involvement in the film. He said the Egyptian government has long been out to get him because of his Coptic Christian activism.

“Of course, I’m worried about this death penalty,” Fawzy said, adding that the verdict has limited his ability to travel freely. “Who will give me guarantees that the Egyptian government will not try to kidnap me, to take me to Egypt?”

The other person is a woman who converted to Christianity and is a staunch critic of Islam.

The official news agency report said that during the trial, the court reviewed a video of some defendants calling for an independent Coptic state in Egypt, and another of Jones burning the Quran, Islam’s holy book. The prosecutor asked for the maximum sentence, accusing those charged of seeking to divide Egypt and incite sedition. All the defendants, except Jones, hold Egyptian nationality, the agency added.

Some Christians and human rights groups worry that prosecutions for insulting religion, which existed to a degree under the secular-leaning regime of deposed President Hosni Mubarak, will increase with the ascent of Islamists to power in Egypt.

canopfor on December 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Thank you, Swalker! I’m working on it! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You know this year Christmas is going to be extra super special, right? First you go to all the “End of the World Parties” on Dec. 21st… Then you go to the “Opps the World didn’t End Parties”, then you have your Christmas Party… Talk about a extra super Special Win-win-win Christmas… :)

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

What came first, the chicken nogg or the egg nogg?

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

How about the Nogg?

Resist We Much on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I was feeling Mary until I got slapped.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I was feeling Mary until I got slapped.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Yea… and Mary’s husband doesn’t even know she slapped you yet… ;p

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

That’s so funny! I was thinking the same thing! I see this as a great season…and what better way to stick your finger in the eye of the progressives, et al, than to celebrate a wonderful Christian holiday to the hilt! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM

But Israel will not fall. Period.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Ummm….you’d better re-read your eschatology, glenn.

Cleombrotus on December 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Thanks GG. You must have a great sense of humor if you think I’m funny. Or at least a sense for humor.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

‘Tis the season to be jolly

Fa la la la la la la la la!

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

thatsafactjacl:And a Merry Christmas,to you(and your brood)
from Up North, Canada:)

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Spark! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I was feeling Mary until I got slapped.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

“Twas the Night before Christmas,

and everyone was feeling Mary.

So she got mad and went home.

Then everybody jumped for Joy.

And she got mad and went home, too.”

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Exactly, even if it’s only in spirit like the Who’s in Whoville… :)

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Merry Christmas, Canopfer, to you and yours! I wish I was up north with the snow and the crisp nip in air! You lucky man! :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Do turtle doves have shells?

I know French hens have an accent.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I love this time of year. Every time someone wishes me “Happy Holidays,” I always respond “Merry Christmas.”

It is called Christmas, for a reason ya know.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Teehee.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I am believing that we will have a tad bit more snow here in Sunny SoCal this year then usual. Just a hunch that I have… ;)

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

regrettably the premise of Israel doesn’t seem sustainable in a world of islamaic revival. There is a huge difference in north africa, the ME and all the way over of afganistan from 50 years ago. It looked like there was a chance for modernity…but that has faded.

the same with iran. there’s no way we could have ever gone into iran. the iraq/afgan axis looks like it will be helpful to iraq rather than helpful to us. I’ve become very suspicious of any intell wrt iran.

CIA has shown itself to be generally incompetent…so maybe we just don’t know…and we probably won’t know until they test their bomb.

the last thing we should do is disarm…which is barry’s dream.

r keller on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hope everyone is doing well.

ted c on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Teehee.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

ROTFLMAO… Only on the intertubes do you see such manly men as Sparkplug say… “Teehee”… ;p

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM

ted c on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

You too Ted C.

Good tidings.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM

What came first, the chicken nogg or the egg nogg?

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

SparkPlug:Question,

um,is any of this,going to cross the road!(sarc)

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Exactly! Me, too!

Christmas trees, a kiss under the mistletoe, a glass of Christmas cheer with those you love, a Yule log on the fire, stockings hanging from the mantle, a nativity scene prominently displayed, Christmas cards everywhere, and a STAR on top of the tree!

I like to put garlands of fresh pine boughs over the mantle, doorways, and draped down the bannister the last week before Christmas, too. I love the way it makes the house smell. :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM

What came first, the chicken nogg or the egg nogg?

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The God Particle Nogg?

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM

um,is any of this,going to cross the road!(sarc)

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM

It better watch out for the Field Sobriety Check Point if it does… o_O

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The God Particle Nogg?

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM

There is no God Nogg Particle… ;P

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

A white Christmas? I love snow, especially at Christmas. :) When we manage to get some here in Oklahoma, it’s usually later, like the end of January or February. A couple of years ago there was a ‘blizzard’ on Groundhog day, Feb. 2. A whole 20 inches of snow fell. Anywhere else it wouldn’t have been a problem, but they don’t even have the proper equipment for snow removal here… and many people didn’t get their streets plowed out for a week! I stock up and stay well provisioned… just in case. :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

There is no God Nogg Particle… ;P

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

But, but, but, scientists say…

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Cut them off.

Resist We Much on December 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Bibi said he was going to stop $100m/mo payments to them!

herm2416 on December 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM

A whole 20 inches of snow fell.

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

A cousin of mine who lives in Pasadena, TX (her sister lives in OK, btw) sent me an email a couple of years back titled “20 inches of snow in Pasadena.”

When I opened it, it was a picture of a 20-inch line of slush she had collected on the sidewalk with a tape measure beside it lengthened out to 20 inches.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

But, but, but, scientists say…

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

ROTFLMAO… Why do you think the paper is titled “A little riddiculus gibberish” Because if I came right straight out and said… “There is no God Nogg Particle” the High Priests of the Cult of Thugge Science would burn me at the stake as a heretic… o_O

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Speaking of Israel………………..

Natasha Mozgovaya
@mozgovaya

Haaretz Chief U.S. Correspondent; tweeting about US/Mideast and beyond. RT not an endorsement. Some photos from everywhere http://public.fotki.com/mozgovaya/

Washington · http://www.haaretz.com/mozgovaya
———————————————-

Natasha Mozgovaya ‏@mozgovaya

@AliAbunimah “This land is mine” http://vimeo.com/50531435

This Land Is Mine

A brief history of the land called Israel/Palestine/Canaan/the Levant.
Who’s-killing-who viewer’s guide here:

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Did anybody see that Alan West is hinting at a Presidential run.

He would make things exciting.

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Shouldn’t that be the “High Priests of the Science is Settled?”

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

A white Christmas?

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

thatsafactjack:You Rang:)
=========================

Bing Crosby sings White Christmas in living color
*************************************************

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM

LOL! It actually drifted in my back yard all the way to poolside. Some of the drifts were over three feet deep. I’m a ways farther north than Pasadena, Texas. :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I chased Joy around for a while until she burnished a Tchaikovsky nutcracker.

Had to gird my loins.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Did anybody see that Alan West is hinting at a Presidential run.

He would make things exciting.

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM

“And always remember, Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress, too.”–Allen West

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Shouldn’t that be the “High Priests of the Science is Settled?”

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Na, that’s Manbearpigs cult, Physicists love to argue, they don’t believe very much of anything is settled, but don’t mess with their favorite unsettled theories, that can be dangerous… ;p

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM

thatsafactjack:Thank-you,and yes,we gots about a foot of snow,
so far,yup,snow-shoeing/skiing/snowmobiling,and
pain in da butt shovelling!:)

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

bazil9 on December 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Ted Kennedy without Scotch, or an Oldsmobile.

massrighty on December 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Did anybody see that Alan West is hinting at a Presidential run.

He would make things exciting.

gophergirl on December 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yup saw that, made my heart a little lighter… ;p

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I’m a ways farther north than Pasadena, Texas. :)

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Yeah, me too. I pity the poor girl. She absolutely loves snow, but her career has her locked into Texas.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

How beautiful! I bookmarked it! Thank you, Canopfor. :) I’m listening to it as I write.

thatsafactjack on December 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Ted Kennedy without Scotch, or an Oldsmobile.

massrighty on December 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Or a bridge over a nice little river… o_O

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Things are getting completely out of hand.

This calls for an immediate vacation.

The Rogue Tomato on December 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Try this again,……Speaking of Israel……………..

Natasha Mozgovaya ‏@mozgovaya

@AliAbunimah “This land is mine” http://vimeo.com/50531435

This Land Is Mine

A brief history of the land called Israel/Palestine/Canaan/the Levant.
Who’s-killing-who viewer’s guide here:

canopfor on December 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I chased Joy around for a while until she burnished a Tchaikovsky nutcracker.

Had to gird my loins.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Stay away from Candy.

viking01 on December 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

( ) ( )
(* .*)
(”__”)

Its a snow bunny.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I chased Joy around for a while until she burnished a Tchaikovsky nutcracker.

Had to gird my loins.

SparkPlug on December 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

LOL. She wanted to turn you into one of the Eight Lords a-leaping.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Or a bridge over a nice little river… o_O

SWalker on December 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Ted Kennedy’s bridge over troubled waters.

predator on December 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM