Finally. Manning speaks.

posted at 8:31 am on December 1, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

We haven’t heard much on the pending Court Martial of accused traitor Bradley Manning since he considered pleading guilty to some lesser charges last month. But in advance of the kickoff of proceedings in January, there was one more episode to air. This week, for the first time since this entire sordid affair began, Manning took the stand himself to give an account of his experiences in the crowbar motel. It was not a happy tale, as one might imagine.

“I was just a mess. I was really starting to fall apart,” the 24-year-old former Army intelligence analyst said. Manning said he didn’t remember an incident while in Kuwait where he bashed his head into a wall or another where he fashioned a noose out of a bed sheet as his civilian attorney, David Coombs, said he had, but Manning did say he felt he was “going to die… [in] an animal cage.”

“I certainly contemplated [suicide]. There’s no means, even if the noose… there’d be nothing I could do with it. Nothing to hang it on. It felt… pointless,” he said. Manning had been on suicide watch since late June 2010, a month after his initial arrest in Baghdad.

Apparently the latest attempt at salvation by Manning’s defense team – which at this point seems more interested in headlines than attempting any sort of competent legal work – is to claim that the time the Private has already spent in captivity is more than enough punishment so we should scrap the whole affair and just send him home now. Manning spoke about his treatment before coming back to the United States to stand before the wheel for his alleged actions.

He recounted an incident in Baghdad when he fainted from the heat in his cell. Later in Kuwait, Manning said he was initially given phone privileges he used to call an aunt and friend in the United States, but that privilege was taken away a short time later.

After his alarming breakdown in June 2010, Manning told a mental health specialist that he really “didn’t want to die, but [he] just wanted to get out of the cage,” saying he believed his life had “just sunk.”

In the spirit of this new, bipartisan, post-election era, we’ve found something we can all agree upon. Your life certainly had just sunk because you were caught doing the (alleged) actions which you were ready to plead guilty to last month. And apparently you fainted from the heat in your cell. We have plenty of men and women who do the same thing without selling out their country, just from the heat inside their armor in the field. I’d like to summon up a bit more sympathy that the air conditioning in your cell wasn’t up to expected standards, but I’m having a hard time managing it.

Shortly after New Years, the Army will have finished their detailed investigative work and moved on to the final stage. By all accounts, this could have taken place much sooner, but Manning’s defense team has filed one nuisance motion after another on every technicality they could find to derail the process. The Army has patiently heard and considered each and every one of these motions, giving the accused ample opportunity to air grievances. But none have proven persuasive and the delays seem to be more the fault of his own team than the Army’s criminal justice system.

It’s time to get this farce over with.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Jazz, statist authoritarian tool, just can’t stand it when a defense team does it’s job.

You’re disgusting, Jazz.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Boo-freakin-hoo

There were men and women that were in actual stress in the battlefield, fighting and dying.

I must have missed the part where they partook in treasonous acts.

turfmann on December 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I would pay to see him swing from the business end of a rope.

Rixon on December 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Well, how come black Jesus hasn’t let this freak off yet?

Hummer53 on December 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Throw the pile of scum in a cage and throw away the key. It’s a shame we have to waste time and money on this human garbage.

rplat on December 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Treason equals Firing Squad…….any volunteers?

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on December 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Oh that poor poor boy. I bet the bed spread clashed with the colors of the bars on his cell. I bet he missed his Fiji water and his exfoliating lotion too. How dreadful. No wonder the poor boy was contemplating suicide.

To bad the lefturds don’t think about the climbing body count resulting from this traitors treason.

May he rot in a cell, but please give him a sheet so he can end it himself, thus saving the taxpayer the expense of incarcerating him.

Robert Jensen on December 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM

May his “battle buddy”in Leavenworth be manly.

docflash on December 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Amen! On a parade field over 4 hours in 100 degree-plus weather without a cool drink from a canteen, I watched fellow soldiers dropping like flies. If I recall, none of them sold out the USA.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Finally. Breanna Manning speaks.

Fix your title for you, Jazz. We don’t want to be political incorrect, do we now?

BigGator5 on December 1, 2012 at 9:04 AM

What a f-ckin drama queen.

GhoulAid on December 1, 2012 at 9:12 AM

You’re disgusting, Jazz.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM

You putrid lefties just hate it when one of your moles is caught and they fulfill all your diversity fantasies. If Manning happened to be a garden variety private who kept his privates private, the left would never have made him cause celebre #1.

Manning is a traitor. When found guilty, shoot him, hang him, pee on him, and then give him his final wish–to be buggered by the islamonazis he apparently loves to abet. If innocent (hahaha), let him halfway house with Dante.

Western_Civ on December 1, 2012 at 9:13 AM

The Meet The Parents Rule on Airline Travel; You can’t say bomb on an airplane, they will take you off the flight. Manning’s corollary; You can’t say you are going to strangle yourself with your tighty whities while on suicide watch, they will take your underoos away.

BohicaTwentyTwo on December 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Put Manning and Hassan in a cell together.

TugboatPhil on December 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM

This wormy, whiny, drama queen brat traitor deserves the death penalty for treason.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

bluegill on December 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM

they should just do what Obama does and pick a republican to demonize. It works every time.

tomas on December 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Manning should be sentenced either to death, or life in prison with a 300 lb cellmate named Bubba.

darwin on December 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Death by drone?

darwin on December 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Treason equals Firing Squad…….any volunteers?

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on December 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM

me … yoo woo me … I will even buy my own ammo and the ammo for
everyone else on the squad ….

conservative tarheel on December 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I guess Lady Gaga decided to answer his prayers “no”.

andycanuck on December 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I fear this guy will live to write his book and his attorney will get to be centerfold in some law journal.

TimBuk3 on December 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hang him. He betrayed his fellow service members and his country. He took an oath.

If I were to commit treason I wouldn’t expect anything less. /moralauthority

DeathtotheSwiss on December 1, 2012 at 9:31 AM

don’t wikileak on me!

burn the witch!

Slade73 on December 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

State prisons in FL and TX don’t have AC. So, he should stop whining. Arguing that putting him on suicide watch after his suicide attempts is abuse, is ridiculous.

Blake on December 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

this is what happens when you follow along with the modern parenting styles. had some crap social worker tell me once that an appropriate punishment was to stand my son against the wall for 1 minute for each year he had been alive… so if he does anything wrong he gets to stand in the corner for 10 minutes? get real… thats hat raises these fools like manning who think they should never have to face serious consequences for their actions. he betrayed our country , and knowingly fed classified info to others . LET HIM HANG

katee bayer on December 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

He expected mints on his pillow?

Oh, that’s right, he didn’t expect to get caught for a crime. He thought everyone would see him as some kind of hero.

Useless scum.

ButterflyDragon on December 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

…or life in prison with a 300 lb cellmate named Bubba.

darwin on December 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Something tells me Manning wouldn’t think this was punishment.

Dopenstrange on December 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Put Manning and Hassan Saadam Husein in a cell hole together.

TugboatPhil on December 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM

FIFY

psrch on December 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Prison is supposed to be unpleasant. That’s the worst defense since the Menendez brothers asked for leniency because they were orphans.

myiq2xu on December 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Boo hoo hoo — what a sissy

Conservchik on December 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Treason equals Firing Squad…….any volunteers?

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on December 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM

me … yoo woo me … I will even buy my own ammo and the ammo for
everyone else on the squad ….

conservative tarheel on December 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Thank you. And me too! I would even lend the Army my M-1 Garand (or Ruger Mini-14 which uses .223 ammo) if I were on the squad…and he were found guilty as I believe he is.

Kevin K. on December 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Manning leaks National Security info. we drive the dweeb to suicide.

Obama leaks National Security to the ZeroDarkThirty guys and we re elect him God

Slade73 on December 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM

And Jazz Saw and Hot Air graphic folks: please don’t show Manning in the good uniform. The ACUs are enough for his status as presumed not-guilty. He’s soiling the other uniform whether he’s guilty or not.

Kevin K. on December 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Jazz, please look up “Greybar Hotel”. I can’t imagine how you thought it would be the Crowbar Motel, unless you simply have no idea what a crowbar is or what it’s used for.

Brendon Carr on December 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Here’s a clue: You lose privileges, including phone privileges, when you act out in prison.

Blake on December 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM

…HANG ‘Em HIGH…!!!

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Would not want this pasty little wuss in a foxhole with me…

Pest on December 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Just your average gay activist.

Speakup on December 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Let’s be clear here: Bradley Mannning wasn’t a whistleblower who revealed criminal activity or alleged war crimes by the US government. That’s what his defenders claim. He released hundreds of thousands of pages of national security information, diplomatic cables, sources, that had nothing to do with the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan.

He didn’t give a damned about the information he was leaking or the lives of the people contained in that material.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I imagine all those agents in foreign countries who were outed by Bradley Manning will have little sympathy for him. Especially if they’re dead now.

RebeccaH on December 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM

It’s time to get this farce over with.

No, it’s about time for the judge to start kicking some defense attorneys in the ass.

GarandFan on December 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM

You’re an idiot.

A disgusting, anti-American, cowardly, idiot.

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Why is he still alive?

OldEnglish on December 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM

You’re an idiot.

A disgusting, anti-American, cowardly, idiot.

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM

His only nationalism is to the movement.

hawkdriver on December 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Why is he still alive?

OldEnglish on December 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

He’ll never be executed. They don’t want to lose any votes from the gay community. I’m not sure why they care though, they’ve pretty much a lock on it. Manning looks small and weak and vulnerable. All of liberal America would mourn him like a saint.

hawkdriver on December 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Well, how come black Jesus hasn’t let this freak off yet?

Hummer53 on December 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Wrong demographic

entagor on December 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I am so sick of this whole thing. All I want to hear is , if guilty “Convicted” and if convicted, “Executed.”

Linh_My on December 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

He wants us to feel sorry for him because he has committed TREASON?? Really? Drawing and quartering is too good for him.

BetseyRoss on December 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM

hawkdriver on December 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So much for blind justice, eh?

OldEnglish on December 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Bengazi illustrates what the ‘Bad Guys’ can do with US intel.

So, Mr. Manning experiences a little discomfort before his execution? It’s nothing compared to the lives he put in peril nor the life’s turned upside down due to covers blown due to his actions.

‘Defense’ team? Meh, grievances for treatment after the crime is no defense for the commission of the crime itself.

socalcon on December 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM

You’ve just got your panties in a wad this morning because the son of your savior is a dirty, interfering neocon.

stefanite on December 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Post him as the lone member of a new security detail for the burned out consulate in Benghazi.

I’m sure the Al Qaeda affiliate won’t mind that he’s gay.

profitsbeard on December 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Has he been charged with treason?

JohnGalt23 on December 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Geez, attack Dante’s stupid views not him.

You destroy his arguments (such as they are) and you destroy him (so to speak).

You destroy him and his arguments still remain.

That’s the way I view it.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Has he been charged with treason?

Good point. Treason requires not just providing comfort/aid to an enemy but also adherence.

If I gave $1000 to someone who was an AQ operative, I am giving aid to AQ. But unless I knew he was AQ and I’m supporting them I’m not committing treason.

There has to be what the Constitution calls “adherence”.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

You’re disgusting, Jazz.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM

The defense attorneys’ job is not to stall at every possible opportunity and then complain about how long the trial is taking. Their job is to advocate for their client. Since they know their client is guilty as sin, it wouldn’t look good to speed things along to life in prison or an execution, but that is the only realistic (though not the only possible) outcome here.

That’s the only way to understand this: Bradley/Breanna Manning is guilty as sin, his lawyers know this, and to say that their behavior is dubiously ethical is putting it lightly.

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

There has to be what the Constitution calls “adherence”.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

My understanding is that Private Manning has been charged with articles under the Espionage Act. It would be proper to call him an “accused spy”.

JohnGalt23 on December 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Compared to what big government statist politicians have done to our freedoms and liberty, such as FDR, Bush, Obama, this guy is a saint. Obama and Bush have caused way more harm and even ignored our Constitution. Infact, go back through the roll call vote for the NDAA ,and every Congressman that voted yes should be tried for treason since they voted against our 4th, 5th and 6th Amendment rights thus allowing the executive power the ability to indefinitely detain US citizens on US soil without their due process.

MoreLiberty on December 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM

There has to be what the Constitution calls “adherence”.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Where does the constitution define treason as including adherence? I looked, and I couldn’t find it.

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

So when the US provided stinger missiles to Islamic radicals in the 80s, gave money to them and provided training that was somehow good….but Manning throws back the sheet of government lies and corruption and that’s bad?

MoreLiberty on December 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

JohnGalt23 on December 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Then who is he spying for? Doesn’t espionage require an agent to be working as an operative of a foreign government?

Treason: Giving aid and comfort to an enemy

Espionage: Giving aid and comfort to one’s own government by spying on an enemy

Or what did I miss here?

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

hawkdriver on December 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So much for blind justice, eh?

OldEnglish on December 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

It’s worse than that I fear OE. Look to the internet and you can find any number of liberal and gay group movements that not only want him to avoid a conviction under any penalty of guilt, they want him treated as a whistle blower and afforded those rights of protection. Which, for all intent and purposes, leaves him off the hook and a free man.

hawkdriver on December 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

He’s laughing at the whole process. He knows they won’t execute him. Left wing weasal who matryed himself. And he’s proud of it. No rope, no firing squad, and he knows it.

I would strangle the little sob with my bare hands.

wolly4321 on December 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Art. III, Section III

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

So, you have to adhere to an enemy AND give them aid and comfort.

Giving them aid and comfort isn’t sufficient.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Pravda Amerika

This guy is still being supported by us?

What’s wrong with this picture?
Pharry Barry® hasn’t the ‘nads to demand that Manning take the needle at USP Terra Haute – the Federal execution chamber.
*sigh*
Maybe some day we’ll have a man as POTUS. Maybe.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM

There has to be what the Constitution calls “adherence”.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Wrong…

The operative word there is “OR”.

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It’s time to get this farce over with.

Yes it is, put the little bastard in front of a firing squad and be done with it.

SWalker on December 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

On second though, maybe they should just deploy him to a forward position in the sandbox.

wolly4321 on December 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM

So, you have to adhere to an enemy AND give them aid and comfort.

Giving them aid and comfort isn’t sufficient.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I missed that verbiage. Dunno how I missed it, but I did.

Anyhow, I questioned that Manning committed Treason from the get-go. Besides the question of adherence, there is also the question of just who Manning was giving aid and comfort to in the first place. Espionage charges make far more sense to me in this particular instance.

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM

The Constitution also requires that two witnesses testify that they saw Manning give the cables/information.

That’s tough to show. The government will have to present two soldiers who saw Manning send the cables out. Since he did it on his own computer, I doubt that they can meet that requirement.

The framers deliberately made treason hard to prove.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

The operative word there is “OR

I was specifically referring to the aid and comfort part not the war making part.

If you check my post above you’ll see I quoted the levying war part as well.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM

So, you have to adhere to an enemy AND give them aid and comfort.

Giving them aid and comfort isn’t sufficient.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

You might want to consult an English dictionary to learn the difference between the words “AND” and “OR”.

The two words are not interchangeable and do not mean the same thing.

Give it up. Adherence is not a requirement of treason as long as other standards are met. (And it’s doubtful whether “adherence” alone would be enough to convict someone of treason in this age.)

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM

The framers deliberately made treason hard to prove.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Even moreso, the constitution provides for a charge of treason upon “producing of…two witnesses to the same overt act.” Not only would their have to be two witnesses, but those two witnesses would have to testify to having seen the exact same thing. “We both saw him transmit cables” wouldn’t be enough. It would have to be “We saw him transmit these cables on this day and at this time.”

Treason is notoriously hard to prove, but unfortunately, the Tokyo Rose case made it highly unlikely that anyone will ever be charged with treason in America again.

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM

The way I understand it, the act of adherence to an enemy is what gives them aid and comfort in an act of treason. To wit, fully 1/3 of the colonists at the time of the Revolutionary War were British loyalists who were okay with quartering soldiers, but they weren’t all branded traitors the same way Benedict Arnold was. “Adherence” seems to have made the difference in Arnold’s case.

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Overton window. DHS considers the teaparty to be a domestic threat. And we argue whether this punk deserves the rope or not.

We are at war. In WWII, it would have taken about a week.

wolly4321 on December 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I never said adherence was the only requirement. In fact I said the opposite.

Adherence is a requirement in the aid and comfort component. The discussion involved the aid and comfort provision and not the war making provision since Manning isn’t accused of engaging in war.

Obviously if you’re waging war adherence isn’t required since YOU are the enemy.

Some people need to read all the posts in a thread and not just a few.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Again, Jazz Shaw makes himself look foolish by trying to act like he knows what’s going on in this trial. Why can’t you just report the news on Manning without providing this stupid commentary? It reads like mediocre blogging circa 2002.

Art 13 and Art 10 motions are a standard and expected tactic in any pretrial process that goes on this long. Coombs would be remiss (and probably accused of IAC) in not filing such motions.

Muswell Hillbilly on December 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Some people need to read all the posts in a thread and not just a few.

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Don’t start trying to be a condescending ass. I read all of the posts…and you are now starting to change your story. At first, you said, “There has to be what the Constitution calls “adherence”.” Now, you’re trying to alter that.

You’re quibbling. Knock it off.

And the little poofter hasn’t been charged with treason, at any rate.
He’s been charged under the espionage act.

So, the argument is moot…and pointless.

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

gryphon202 on December 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

And the judge is shrewdly letting them do it, knowing that in the end, there can be no appeals claiming, “Manning’s lawyers tried to to _________________ in his defense, but the judge wouldn’t allow it.”

Wethal on December 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Wethal on December 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

A major who works as my old units JAG thought the judge’s lenience was for exactly the reason you stated.

hawkdriver on December 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Manning deserves the full punishment for treason.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Manning speaks.

It was more like breaking wind, but whatever.

To gallows with him. We want to know his name no more…

locomotivebreath1901 on December 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I don’t know if anyone has posted this yet, if so sorry. This, I guess, could be the Friday dump by bho/team? The reason I posted this, amoung other things, is the fact it mentions manning. The other thing in it seems to suggest bho is getting more and more control of things here in the US as president?

L

letget on December 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Well, maybe Breanna should’ve thought about that before she (get your pronouns correct, cisprivileged transphobics!) knowingly breached security protocol to copy and leak documents to a wanted foreign national…and using a Lady Gaga CD as cover! No self-respecting transqueer would use any CD labeled anything other than “Kylie Minogue” on the top!

I say, a crime against fabulosity!

mintycrys on December 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I suspect that if given the firing squad, this individual would turn down the proffered final cigarette and will instead request a White Owl.

Joe Mama on December 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I had an idea. We send Manning to a humane Norwegian prison. Anders Breivik needs company. Perhaps, Manning would do? On the other hand, I can see how exposing Breivik to Manning’s ceaseless whining could be considered a form of torture in Norway. I would even be sympathetic to that view.

thuja on December 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

So… Manning is responsible for all the delays in getting to trial. And now he expects sympathy and leniency based on that?

Anyone who exceeds the posted speed limit is technically a “criminal.” This guy is a sociopath. There is a very big difference.

logis on December 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Manning has not been charged with treason. The harshest crime of which he stands accused is Aiding the Enemy, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

That having been said, his defense’s attempts to have charges dismissed due to harsh treatment or that his harsh treatment should result in time served is ludicrous. He would have had no such treatment (if indeed his treatment is to be judged “harsh”) had he not committed those crimes in the first place. It’s like his defense is unaware that actions have consequences.

I suppose it would bother me less if he turned out to be some kind of zealous ideologue. That he did all of this pretty much because he didn’t like his commander and squad leader bothers me more. I deal with Soldiers who don’t like me or the Army all the time, but they don’t commit treason. They finish their contract, get a DD214 and become productive members of society. To somehow imply that Manning is already at “time served” is a slap in the face to every one-term Soldier in the history of the Army.

Sgt Steve on December 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

As a gay, I say shoot him.

mintycrys on December 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

;)

Kungfoochimp on December 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM

When he was initially arrested, I read a lot of comments to the story. Unless they are uber leftard, gays aren’t that sympathetic to him.

Blake on December 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I must have missed the part where they partook in treasonous acts.

turfmann on December 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM

And I missed part where Manning partook in treasonous acts.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

SteveMG on December 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Let’s be clear: Manning is a whistleblower, not a traitor, who did reveal government crimes and lies.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

JohnGalt23 on December 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It would not be proper, because he’s not a spy nor did he engage in espionage.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I really wish I had you on my team overseas guarding nukes and chem/bio weapons systems.
would have life interesting.
not that you would ever join up voluntarily.
a**hole.

dmacleo on December 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM

SteveMG – are you the same SteveMG that used to post on Cobb?

Roc on December 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM

It would not be proper, because he’s not a spy nor did he engage in espionage.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

you are such an idiot, it must hurt…he leaked info to a foreign individual(actually foreign entity), how the f…this is not considered spying? he dumped millions of docs that he never read, that’s not whistle blowing, idiot, that’s espionage, when 1) the info is leaked to and used by a site ran by an individual who altered and edited all the info they received to fit their narrative (that’s what Assange pretty much did) and 2) when covert agents working for the US govt were put at risk, and probably killed as a result of his leaks. Manning isn’t Daniel Ellsberg and Wiki-Leaks isn’t the New York Times, get that into your head. what on earth do you think spies do, idiot, but then I should have guessed that you probably get your ideas about spying from James Bond movies :-)…

jimver on December 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

right…and you are a cretin of Gargantuan proportions…

jimver on December 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

And I missed part where Manning partook in treasonous acts.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

You seem to miss a lot……

because you’re an idiot.

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It would not be proper, because he’s not a spy nor did he engage in espionage.

Dante on December 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Not only are you an idiot…

but you’re stupid as well.

Why don’t you find another country to live in, rather than stay in one you seem to detest so much?
Could it be that you’re a hypocrite…as well as being an idiot?

Why, yes. Yes it could.

Solaratov on December 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Would you say Manning has some emotional imputes to his actions?

Would you say he hated his country before joining to serve his country?

Speakup on December 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM