Quotes of the day

posted at 8:09 pm on November 30, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

You’d better watch out, you’d better not cry?

Pushing his tax plan at a factory that makes K’NEX building toys, President Barack Obama warned lawmakers on Friday that he was keeping his own “naughty and nice list.”

“Santa delivers everywhere. I’ve been keeping my own naughty and nice list for Washington,” the president told K’NEX employees. “So you should keep your eye on who gets some K’NEX this year. There are going to be some members of Congress who get ‘em, and some who don’t.”

***

***

In an interview in his Capitol Hill office, Mr. McConnell (R., Ky.) said if the White House agrees to changes such as higher Medicare premiums for the wealthy, an increase in the Medicare eligibility age and a slowing of cost-of-living increases for programs like Social Security, Republicans would agree to include more tax revenue in the deal, though not from higher tax rates.

Those are the kinds of things that would get Republicans interested in new revenue,” Mr. McConnell said.

Mr. McConnell’s comments represent some of the clearest statements of principle from Republicans on the thorny issue of reining in the ballooning cost of the U.S.’s entitlement programs. They also offer a potential path forward in what have become a heated series of talks. …

Mr. McConnell offered his ideas as examples of the structural changes Republicans are looking for. “The nexus for us is: revenue equals genuine entitlement eligibility changes,” Mr. McConnell said. “Not another study. Not ‘Let’s do it 11 months from now.’ Now.”

***

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday announced Democrats would circulate a discharge petition to force a House vote to extend current tax rates only on annual household income below $250,000. …

Democrats would need the support of more than 20 Republicans to secure the 218 signatures needed to force the bill to the floor.

“We’re calling upon the Republican leadership in the House to bring this legislation to the floor next week,” Pelosi said Friday during a press briefing in the Capitol. “We believe that not doing that would be holding middle-income tax cuts hostage to tax cuts for the rich — tax cuts for the rich which do not create jobs, just increase the deficit, heaping mountains of debt on future generations.

“So to that end — if there’s no announcement of scheduling of the middle-income tax cut,” she added, “then on Tuesday we will be introducing a discharge petition.”

***

For now, however, Senate and House Republicans are playing it right. They have even got the mainstream media to notice how unreasonable Obama’s non-offer, offer is. …

In their own ways, Sen. Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner have handled the past couple of days rather expertly. McConnell’s reaction to Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner’s ludicrous proposal — laughter — was exactly right. It is a joke, and rather than railing at specific parts, a guffaw nicely communicates to voter how un-serious the president is at this point.

Likewise Boehner’s more-in-sadness-than-in-anger tone after his call with Obama keeps his party from becoming unhinged and keeps a respectful dialogue with the president. …

The GOP’s message this week to the Dems can be summed up in two words: Grow up. Only after the president has definitively shown that the Democrats prefer the politics of adolescence should the GOP begin passing out parachutes for the group jump over the cliff.

***

As they say in the NFL, “on further review,” I’ve decided that going over the “fiscal cliff” is a good idea.

And no, it’s not because I want to pay more in taxes. Nor am I a disgruntled Republican longing for revenge for the election. And I didn’t just win the Powerball jackpot, and I didn’t get an early bonus to avoid the coming tax increases.

No, it’s simpler than that: I just don’t want to have to listen to another month of posturing and pandering from politicians and pundits. …

So please, fellows, no more. Americans are a patient people, but we’ve just been through an endless presidential campaign. We did our job. We voted. Not it’s time for you to do yours.

It’s the holidays. All we wanted for Christmas was for you to stop talking and start legislating.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

NEWT!

El_Terrible on November 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM

What have you done with Allah?

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

You are just one nasty piece of work Barry, no doubt about it.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM

…yeah like the media noticed the two budgets that were vote down almost unanimously the last two years by both parties!
Senate and House Republicans ALWAYS are playing it right…until they cave!

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

He’s also on record as keeping “kill lists.” And people thought Nixon was delusional. This rat-eared bastard essentially puts others into one of two catagories. The first, supportive. The second, the enemy. There is no middle ground with this ignorant Chicago thug.

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

The democrats know damn well that the extra money collected from the wealthy, by taking away their tax cuts, will not be much more than a few spits and pees in the ocean compared to all the government spending on various forms of welfare and boondoggles, but that’s not the point and it never has been. The point is to paint Republicans as being overly concerned with the wealthy and at that the democrats are a big success and because of it gain probably a 5% advantage in every election now. So Republicans, if you want to keep losing elections and freedoms then just keep making this [tax cuts for the upper 2%] a hill to die on and lose everything.

VorDaj on November 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

FWIW: Looks like Boehner will be on Fox News Sunday.

esr1951 on November 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Obama’s on my naughty list, a lump of coal in his stocking!

Drill and Fill on November 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

stalemate’s ass. Not with Boner the Capitulator in charge.

rayra on November 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I wonder why birth certificate issue doesn’t resurface. Now, when elections are past and the conservative Supreme Court judges might soon find themselves interviewing for bodyguards and food tasters, it’s about time someone with balls – like Trump – would pop it back into discourse.

Archivarix on November 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM

FWIW: Looks like Boehner will be on Fox News Sunday.

esr1951 on November 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

What’s it going to take to put him in fighting trim—start a rumor Obama is badmouthing his mom,wife and daughters or that he is stopping imports of Gin?

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The tanning booth tax might put him in a fighting mode.

esr1951 on November 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Allahpundint must have been the first to fall off the cliff.

RIP

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

He has a history of visiting companies and unexpectedly six to eight months later, the company goes belly up! I wouldn’t let him near a factory if I owned one.

Naughty and nice list? Does Barry think we’re all children?

Sequestration was Obama’s idea. The republicans have to hold a press conference a day and remind the fools that voted for him, it’s all Barry’s fault! He lied during campaign about taxes. He is a serial liar. If I see him on my television, I mute it because I usually have it on and don’t watch it.

carolt2 on November 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I’m really sick of living with this impending doom hanging over me. Bring it on and let it burn. Let the chips fall where they may.

See y’all at the Hot Air tent in Galt’s Gulch.

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Last night’s discussion was about Lady Parts. Very interesting.

You see HotAir is noted for the wide variety of topics discussed on QOTD.

So tonight, I think we should talk about…Lady Parts.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Dear ERIKA JOHNSEN,

Thank you for contributing to my QOTD blog

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 8:36 PM

No you moron, all we wanted was for D.C. to stop legislating. We have enough laws, we want stuff repealed and regulatory agencies defunded.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Extending existing rates = a middle class tax cut in Nancy Pelosi’s shriveled brain.

Midas on November 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM

So tonight, I think we should talk about…Lady Parts.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Hey, I’m all in. So to speak.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Last night’s discussion was about Lady Parts. Very interesting.

You see HotAir is noted for the wide variety of topics discussed on QOTD.

So tonight, I think we should talk about…Lady Parts.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

No matter how old I get, I love that topic. I like history, guns, and food too. And botany–heavenly flower.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

how many gop do you have on your side nancy?

ummm, none

heh

cmsinaz on November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hey, way early even for a Friday. AP needs to discuss this with Miss Johnsen. I haven’t even finished listing stuff on on ebay.

cozmo on November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

So tonight, I think we should talk about…Lady Parts.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I prefer the whole package.

cozmo on November 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

What have you done with Allah?

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Inquiring minds…want to know!

22044 on November 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Can anyone tell me why Adjoran got banned without getting banned.

Oh, and L.i.B.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

The Kinks – Wall of Fire

Standing at the end of the horizon
Looking at another setting sun
Nature gave us all these toys to play with
But we’ve abused them, each and every one
They stretched the cord, snapped the wire
Lit the fuse but they can’t retire

We’re going to the wall of fire
Tip-toeing on the great high wire
Let’s have a real fire

City slickers built the great illusion
Now they’re the first to crumble in the sun
And now we’re going through the wall
Let’s see the flames before we fall

We’re going through the wall of fire
Let’s have a real fire
Tip-toeing on the great high wire
Through the wall of fire

We drove on many rocky roads together
Through the storms and hurricanes we rode
Unified so no one could destroy us
We stretched the bounds but always kept the code
Liberals shout and cause concern
Forget next week while we all burn

Let’s run right through the wall of fire
Let’s have a real fire
Death-defying while the flames grow higher
Through the wall of fire

Let’s go through the wall of fire
Running through the wall of fire
Let’s go through the wall of fire
Running through the wall of fire

Christien on November 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

petefrt on November 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Can anyone tell me why Adjoran got banned without getting banned.

Oh, and L.i.B.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I cannot say without the ban hammer falling on my head, but it appears to be back or something.

Link.

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Can anyone tell me why Adjoran got banned without getting banned.

Oh, and L.i.B.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

What do you mean? What did I miss?

Night Owl on November 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Coming from a president who seems to have boasted about his “kill list,” I am more than uncomfortable about his making another reference about keeping a list………for anything!

CoffeeLover on November 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

LIB

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I prefer the whole package.

cozmo on November 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I agree. The whole package is better than just the hole package. Anyway you are kind of pushing the decency envelope here. You could get banned for making me reply this way.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hannity says walk away. I’m with him and Dr. K. Burn, baby, burn.

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Why wouldn’t the GOP start giving lists of all the wasteful spending that goes on?

I mean, doesn’t this make sense right now? Hold a press conference.. make some speeches and put forth lists and lists of all the stupid spending.

I binged once and found this list:

• $75,000 to promote awareness about the role Michigan plays in producing Christmas trees & poinsettias.

• $15.3 million for one of the infamous Bridges to Nowhere in Alaska.

• $113,227 for video game preservation center in New York.

• $550,000 for a documentary about how rock music contributed to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

• $48,700 for 2nd annual Hawaii Chocolate Festival, to promote Hawaii’s chocolate industry.

• $350,000 to support an International Art Exhibition in Venice, Italy.

• $10 million for a remake of “Sesame Street” for Pakistan.

• $35 million allocated for political party conventions in 2012.

• $765,828 to subsidize “pancakes for yuppies” in the nation’s capital.

• $764,825 to study how college students use mobile devices for social networking.

The thing we have to remember about Boehner and McConnell…. didn’t they sorta like pretend they were standing firm against the president last time and then suddenly they gave the deal we have now to the President? Meaning… this is why we are where we are now. Because the GOP helped to craft this very fiscal cliff and raised the debt ceiling to new historical levels… after pretending they had done everything they could and this crap sandwich of a deal was the best the could come up with?

JellyToast on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Noot!

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Are we talking about certain anomalies in the universe?

Hallmark…white courtesy phone.

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Link.

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Wrong thread.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Allahpundint must have been the first to fall off the cliff.

RIP

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Oh noes what about the kitties?

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I prefer the whole package.

cozmo on November 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Ah yes, the sum of the parts. Always better than just some of the parts.

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

JellyToast on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Something tells me if that was the appetizer we really will hate the entree.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Noot!

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Sometimes, like tonight, he sounds so good. Then other times he goes off on something about “moon colonies.”

*sigh*

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

how many gop do you have on your side nancy?

ummm, none

heh

cmsinaz on November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

…I think Sparky wants to discuss Nancy’s Lady Parts tonight!…not her gop problems…

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I gave you the link to where it suddenly reappeared after the so called banning.

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Newt says it’s time for the GOP House to start leading and let Dems block any attempt to push through legislation to remedy this situation. Call them obstructionist.

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Can anyone tell me why Adjoran got banned without getting banned.

Oh, and L.i.B.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Hmmm. I didn’t know him. Been a while since the ban hammer was lowered, no?

22044 on November 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Noot!

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

*sigh*

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I am thinking the same thing~~~~

CoffeeLover on November 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

The Offspring – Burn It Up

Christien on November 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Kool on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Ewww. Not stretch Pelosi. That’s gross anatomy 101.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Yep time to pass a bill of our own. Put something tangible on the table.

gophergirl on November 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

*sigh*

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

What was wrong with moon colonies?
I know, you bought the Mitt Romney Propagandists’ argument against Newt, Hook, Line and Poison Pill Sinker that it was.
Funny, shortly after the Florida Primary, many people remembered that until Obama, that moon colony was the Bush doctrine and Republican ideal.

Were you a pro Mitt guy? I do not recognize your name, so just be honest here.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

One page or bust.

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

While in bad taste, I don’t understand why that would be banned. I’ve read much worse.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

JellyToast on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

The real problem is that people just don’t care. Not a whit.

Sure these lists tick off the likes of us, who understand what is going on, but there’s just not enough of us anymore. There are too many takers.

The takers don’t pay taxes.

They don’t care about wasteful spending because none of it is their money anyway.

They don’t care about the debt, because they aren’t the ones who will have to pay it and neither will their children or grandchildren or great grand children.

They don’t care that Obama has lavish vacations. He’s sticking it to the man. Remember when it all came out about Rangel and his Caddy? What did he say when confronted? He said the people expect him to drive a caddy.

How do we combat such idiocy?

Jvette on November 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

JellyToast on November 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Exactly. That’s why I said Boehner’s over his head with these Chicago thugs. He plays by the old rules, poorly at that, and always comes up the loser. The Alinskys stay three moves ahead of him. He needs to be replaced before the entire party goes down.

petefrt on November 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

We all know the Libs are total idiots. But somehow they manage to outsmart our GOP guys cause they got the media in their back pocket.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Oh noes what about the kitties?

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Don’t worry, they have a 2 year supply of Newcastles ale… ;)

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Don’t worry, they have a 2 year supply of Newcastles ale… ;)

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

And 9 lives..or maybe less

RIP AP..

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

cmsinaz on November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

She doesn’t have any “Lady Parts” her’s are all shriveled up Wicked Witch of the West parts…

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

You are misunderstanding me. That post I directed you to appeared after the ban hammer fell on the ugly comment that Ed deleted this morning. The deleted comment was about a way to be rid of liberals.

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

One page or bust.

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Yep, the political climate is pretty dreary and dismal. Cloudy with no chance of meatballs.

SparkPlug on November 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

And 9 lives..or maybe less

RIP AP..

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Not to worry, AP will be back just as soon as he recovers from the daze he is in and finds his way out of the new Super Beer Emporium he discovered last week… ;p

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Oh, OK. Little slow on the uptake.

That just makes it all the more curiouser.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

What was wrong with moon colonies?

Were you a pro Mitt guy? I do not recognize your name, so just be honest here.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Gee, where do I start. I voted for Romney, but I was not a “Romney guy.” I was, and still am, an anti-Obama guy.

And no, you don’t know squat about what I bought. I was, in fact, a Newt supporter in the primaries. But I also thought that with all the other pertinent issues facing the country in this election that the comment about “moon colonies” was pointless, off topic, and weird.

Oh, and screw the Bushes. All of them.

The only thing you are right about is not recognizing my name. We have never talked, and won’t again. And I’m always honest, here and anywhere else.

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

The deleted comment was about a way to be rid of liberals.

JPeterman on November 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Could you give us a hint? I need some advice. I hope it was very painful.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Well, Boehner has more to worry about now. Mark Levin read this letter on his radio show this evening. Awesome too. Excerpts:

If Republicans sign on to a deal that raises taxes, they risk an open break with large portions of their base. “This is a time of testing for you,” more than 70 conservative leaders write in an open letter sent Friday morning to every GOP member of Congress.

They warn that if a budget deal that taxes is passed with GOP fingerprints on it, conservatives will “see that the current leadership is not an acceptable alternative to the left.

a separate letter to Reince Priebus by Brent Bozell…“Reince, it pains me to say this, but if the Republican Party breaks its word to the American people and goes along with President Obama with tax increases, it will have betrayed conservatives for the final time,” he wrote. “I will make it my mission to ensure that every conservative donor to the Republican Party that I have worked with for the last three decades—and there are many and they have given tens of millions to Republican causes—gives not one penny more to the Republican Party or any member of Congress that votes for tax increases.”

Good for him and all of those that signed that letter.
Link:

bluefox on November 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Damn dude, unwind the panty twister.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

You’d better watch out, you’d better not cry?

The politics in Washington is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful.
The GOP has no where to go, so
Let it burn
Let it burn
Let it burn.

HellCat on November 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Offer Clinton tax rates (FY1999) for Clinton spending for FY 1999 which would be 2.4 trillion adjusted for inflation. They rant and rave about the Clinton years being a gift from God. So the spending must have been appropriate as well. The 2.4 trillion would be a 1 trillion cut in real spending next year. They will never go for it. Throw it back in their face that you offered Clinton tax rates that they rave about. Bu them on defense!

Meat Fighter on November 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Put them on defense!

Meat Fighter on November 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Newton Leroy had some great ideas tonight on Hannity. I especially liked it when he brought up the fact that Barky and the Senate can’t spend one thin dime unless Congress appropriates it. So, don’t give ‘em one penny more of our money until they come to the table prepared to drastically cut spending and revamp entitlement programs.

I also liked the idea of advancing an avalanche of small bills aimed at solving our fiscal problems that the Senate Dems will invariably block. Both these strategies place the blame exactly where it belongs– on the Dems.

Slainte on November 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Jelly Toast-Thanks for posting the link to the list of wasteful spending!

carolt2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

The politics in Washington is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful.
The GOP has no where to go, so
Let it burn
Let it burn
Let it burn.

HellCat on November 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Very good. Love the Christmas spirit. I posted my own version of that tune on a thread last night. :D

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Good for him and all of those that signed that letter.
Link:

bluefox on November 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Bravo! I stand with Brent Bozell.

petefrt on November 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hellcat, here it is.

How ’bout a little Christmas tune to brighten the mood:

Oh, the fiscal cliff’s so frightening,

It’s gonna strike like lighting,

And if you’ve no place to turn,

Let it burn, let it burn, let it burn!

predator on November 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Retain Priebus as CFO of the RNC. Put Newt in charge of messaging and strategy. And find someone tops in campaign management to do GOTV, starting GOTV for 2014 and 2016 now.

petefrt on November 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Now that is hilarious. I rarely ever read those, but it was short…

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

predator

I do not recognize your name

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

…as long as you’ve been here?…you don’t recognise predator’s name?
(:->) SEE!…I always suspected CHOOM!

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

…I always suspected CHOOM!

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Slow, are you?

Should have kept that to yourself.

cozmo on November 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

What is Choom?
predator apparently does not say things that piss me off often.

I rarely try to remember names here anyways. I think each argument should stand on its own merits. People should be able to look arguments and figure out their value. It could just be me though, takes months to learn people’s names at work. They say Hi, “my name”. I say Howdy.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I’d like to make a speech now.

Curtiss on November 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

…as long as you’ve been here?…you don’t recognise predator’s name?
(:->) SEE!…I always suspected CHOOM!

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

That’s because I’m usually so low-key. ;)

predator on November 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

predator

I do not recognize your name…

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

He doesn’t have one.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

What is Choom?…

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

…yeah I know!…JugEars doesn’t know what it is either!

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I looked it up. The urban dictionary says it is a drug user.
My dad died when I was 6 for a prescription drug overdose. I think I learned a valuable lesson from that experience. I have never used an elicit drug.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Electrongod on November 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Oh noes what about the kitties?

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Don’t worry, they have a 2 year supply of Newcastles ale… ;)

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Won’t the beer bellies make it hard for them to walk?

Imma call the SPCA and PETA.

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM

bluefox on November 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Bravo! I stand with Brent Bozell.

petefrt on November 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM

That should wake them up!! I liked this part of the letter sent by the 70, “see that the current leadership is not an acceptable alternative to the left.” LOL

bluefox on November 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Now that is hilarious. I rarely ever read those, but it was short…

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Glad you liked it. I don’t know you either, which is what irritated me about what you said.

You presumed to know what drove my comment about the moon colonies and therefore assumed I was a Mittbot. Then turned right around and said you didn’t recognize my name (which is fine with me). If you don’t recognize my name, that means you’ve likely not read anything I’ve posted here, so how could you possibly know where I’m coming from and what drive my opinions?

Answer: You can’t.

I won’t presume to know what you are all about and if you do the same in kind then we’ll get along–possibly. If not, we won’t, and conversations between us will be at an end. I give respect to those who afford me the same.

predator on November 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Won’t the beer bellies make it hard for them to walk?

Imma call the SPCA and PETA.

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Don’t make me call the Society for the Preservation of Beer Drinking Cat’s on you man… That could get really ugly… ;p

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM

predator on November 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I’ll try and follow that.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

He doesn’t have one.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

But I do have a face. (And it’s not a horse face. That’s taken by Sarah Jessica Parker.) *apologies to horses everywhere. I love you all. I really do.*

predator on November 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Cuda is on Greta. She’s had some injections, methinks. She’s nowhere near Peloser territory yet.

Philly on November 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

predator on November 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Damn dude, unwind the panty twister.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Like I said, you’ve had a rough couple of weeks. ;)

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Hey, check this out:

[Comment deleted, user banned. -- Ed]

Bmore on November 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Ban hammer is out today.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Like I said, you’ve had a rough couple of weeks. ;)

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

We’ll see in January if they extend my contract at work. Then we will see how bad a few weeks I will have.

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

This should be the GOP offer: well support any tax scheme you want as long as the anual budget is balanced.

This is a serious response that takes away all the lefty demagoging and puts the pressure on them to have a plan of their own and reveals the lie that we have a revenue problem.

gwelf on November 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hey, check this out:

[Comment deleted, user banned. -- Ed]

Bmore on November 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Ban hammer is out today.

davidk on November 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Man, I thought he was popular here…

astonerii on November 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Even Sarah Palin looks sad on Gretta. I was not aware there have been at least three occasions on which the Obama administration has deliberately not included Fox News in briefings, conference calls and some type of written briefing. Gretta just said they are being punished for asking questions about Benghazi.

Night Owl on November 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

SWalker on November 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Urf. You win. Last thing anyone needs are hungover cats.

kim roy on November 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM