Obama: We’re going to have a really “Scrooge Christmas” if Congress doesn’t do what I want

posted at 4:21 pm on November 30, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Do you think the President maybe kind of misses campaigning? Because, instead of actually just sitting down, maybe locking himself in a room with other top lawmakers, and doing the tough work of negotiating out a fiscal-cliff compromise, President Obama is going back to doing what he does best. Turning to his supporters to try and concentrate public pressure on Washington to get a deal made, the president made a very campaign-style stop at the K’NEX factory in Philadelphia.

“This is not some run-of-the-mill debate. This isn’t about which political party can come out on top in negotiations. We’ve got important decisions to make that are going to have a real impact on businesses and families all across the country,” the president said.

“I’ve been keeping my own naughty and nice lists for Washington. So you should keep your eye on who gets K’NEX this year,” he quipped. “There are going to be some members of Congress who get them, and some who don’t.” One day after the fiscal cliff talks between the White House and House Republicans took a turn for the worse, the president admitted there are going to be “some prolonged negotiations” to get the deficit under control because “you know, in Washington, nothing’s easy.”

“We’ve got some disagreements about the high-end tax cuts, right?” he said of his insistence on raising taxes on the top 2 percent as part of a broader deficit reduction deal. “That’s a disagreement that we’re going to have and we’ve got to sort out. But we already all agree, we say, on making sure middle-class taxes don’t go up. So let’s get that done. Let’s go ahead and take the fear out for the vast majority of American families so that they don’t have to worry about $2,000 coming out of their pockets starting next year.”

I’m not sure how doing the exact same thing the president has been doing for months (years, really) is supposed to help the situation move along, but it’s okay, because he’s got his aides back in Washington on the case — making laughable proposals like $1.6 trillion in new taxes and an end to the debt ceiling, in exchange for… promising to talk about entitlements later. Yes, because a promise to ‘talk about it later’ has such a great track record at problem-solving with the federal government.

Just after the president’s appearance, House Speaker John Boehner gave his take on the situation, the nutshell version of which is: Stasis. So much stasis. Via the NYT:

“There’s a stalemate. Let’s not kid ourselves,” he said. I’m not trying to make this more difficult. If you’ve watched me in the last three weeks I have been very guarded in what I have to say. I don’t want to make it harder for me or the president or members of both parties to be able to find common ground.”

“Right now, we’re almost nowhere,” he concluded.

Mr. Boehner also declared Mr. Obama’s plan unacceptable. But he did not offer a counterproposal. Instead, he decried what he called a lack of seriousness and leadership on the part of the president.

“Republicans are not seeking to impose our will on the president. We are seeking a bipartisan solution that can pass both houses of Congress and can be signed into law by the president in the coming days,” he said.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

By the way — when does the government ship my kids Christmas presents? They better get here in time.

Axe on November 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Up yours

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Fools rule

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Obama’s AmeriKa, yeahhhh

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

He’s already ruined Christmas.

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Don’t forget to load up a shopping cart with heavy stuff that you’re not really going to buy. Then as you push it around while getting free samples, you’re also getting some exercise – losing even *more* weight! And you’ll be better conditioned to outrun the zombies when the apocalypse starts!

Midas on November 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Heh. Make them restock all that merch. Fitting payback, as according to a Costco employ I know they train their employees to be deliberately rude at checkout to members who buy only an item or two. Just buying a bouquet for your loved one? They say dumb crap like, “Screwed up, again, huh?”

Christien on November 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Obama’s Arab Spring, yeah, Mr. Scrooge, it’s yours.

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Not to worry about Barry’s campaigning. Soon it will be time for his Christmas vacation.

What? You thought he’d stick around and do some hard work?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

GarandFan on November 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

The Scroogy Christmas came early this year…it began on November 7. The only good news on that day was that I thought he might finally stop campaigning. Hearing him speak is worse than my tinnitus.

scalleywag on November 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Up yours

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Gee, I wonder what it is that 43% approve of.

scalleywag on November 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Snow White for X-Mas

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Gee, I wonder what it is that 43% approve of.

scalleywag on November 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Harlots on the dole.

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Obama’s AmeriKan life, right bef. X-mas.

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM

As I’ve said on other forums (fora?), all Obama cares to do successfully is campaign. It’s fun, because then he gets to talk to people who only adore him and want to bask in his narcissistic glow. It’s so hard to do anything other than feed his own ego.

chelie on November 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Right now, I think it’s more than that. Remember, he now has the full, unconditional support of the MSM. This is how he thinks he is going to win the debate; he makes these statements, the MSM dutifully not only publishes and broadcasts those remarks, but includes supportive, positive editorial comments in the introduction to the soundbites while making disparaging remarks about Boehner and will include further disparaging remarks in heavily edited soundbites of Boehner making him sound like an out of touch rich person looking out for his own. PBHO isn’t doing this because he thinks it’s fun or because it’s the only thing he knows how to do (it may be, but that’s beside the point). He’s doing this, because when you own the media, this is the way you get the dumb masses to generate an outpouring of support for your position and anger at the other side. This isn’t amateur, it’s diabolical.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Marxist bastard.

rayra on November 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Watching an old Ronald Regan movie on TCM. The Girl From Jones Beach with Virginia Mayo. 1949.

Makes me loathe this bony-assed POS all the more. Spit.

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

i was going to rip up my obama/romney costco card. but then i remembered taquiya.

so for dinner i roll in sample the freebies and buy nothing.

no need for homeboy to pay for dinner and am also losing weight.

winning!!!!!!

renalin on November 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM

LOL! That’s the spirit! I also like the idea of filling a cart full of stuff you don’t plan to buy so they will have to pay someone to put it all back! We can all be like the resistance during WWII, each doing our little part to throw a wrench into the works wherever we can.

Night Owl on November 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Obama is intent on bringing the country down so let’s give him a hand and make sure it’s done right. Let’s ensure he is remembered as the little dictator who destroyed the greatest nation in the world.

rplat on November 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM

So not only do I want to ‘let it burn’, I want to help it. Wonder where someone who’s never been interested in getting anything out of the government would start if they wanted to start bleeding it dry for their own benefit?

Midas on November 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

If you were in PA, there is a web based application called “Compass” where all you do is fill in your information and it does all the work for you. It will tell you what you might qualify for and alerts the state of a possible new “client”. I bet other states have something similar.

Night Owl on November 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

He’s already ruined Christmas.

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

And he isn’t even a Christian!

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

rplat on November 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I’d much rather do everything possible to thwart him. But then, I really don’t like having to fix stuff.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Makes me loathe this bony-assed POS all the more. Spit.

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Yeah, he fancies himself in the top tier of American leaders throughout history (there might be three better than he). And he thinks he is super-cool, like he is starring in the real-life version of Easy Rider. In reality he’s one of those hamsters in a Kia. Underpowered, unimpressive, garish, and foreign made.

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I wish everyone would start laughing every time he spoke, he’d snap!

mixplix on November 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

The thwarting options are limited. Personally, I think that there will be backlash but it will be grassroots-based. But there are going to be some casualties between now and then. There’s got to be.

And the partisan climate is going to get worse as those of us who loathe this Kenyan-Indonesian commie come to hate all the morons who voted for the rat-eared bastard for what they did for “stuff”.

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I wish everyone would start laughing every time he spoke, he’d snap!

mixplix on November 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Laughing isn’t always appropriate or seemly.

For those times may I suggest putting one’s hands (palms forward) behind one’s ears and wave them back and forth to remind him just how large and deformed his ears really are.

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Midas on November 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM

renalin on November 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hah! Seven more weeks to conclude Barry BAMSTAHHHHHHH!!!!! YOU DA MANNNNNNNNNNN BAMMMMMMMY BABYYYY!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLLLLL!!!!!! YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

heye54 on 17 PM

cableguy615 on November 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I have news for Obama, It won’t be just Christmas. If we go over the cliff and begin sequestration, it will be the end of the Obama presidency. He will be totally ineffective and will be forced to deal with significant increases in unemployment, the possibility of default, a crushing debt that gets worse each hour and a Constitutional crisis. Not to mention the automatic cuts that will occur in his beloved social programs and the job losses within the defense community. If this is what he’s after then he’s about to get it The Republicans may take some heat but Obama’s world will be turned upside down and inside out because theoretically, he’s the “leader”.

rplat on November 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I still can’t believe our country re-e;lected this a$$hole.

bw222 on November 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM

rplat on November 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

No it won’t. Too many people have invested too heavily in the rat-eared wonder to let him go down in flames. For example, why do you think Candy Crowley put down the fried chicken long enough to double-team Mitt Romney during the second presidential debate?

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

rplat on November 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

But see, this is what is so nice when you own the media. This will all be presented as those obstructionist Republicans in the House who were being unreasonable and would not agree to a “balanced approach”. The alphabet networks and prominent fish wraps will all parrot the same message and it will be the Republicans who suffer in the opinion polls and at the ballot box. That’s what the democrats are counting on to get the whole government back.

Sure Obama’s “the leader”, but the press and democrats (but I repeat myself) will put all of this squarely on the obstructionist House that refused to go along with the oh-so-reasonable confiscation of wealth from the producers in the country while not agreeing to future spending cuts to be discussed at a time to be determined sometime in the future, maybe.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

There will only be a Merry Christmas if der Führer’s Dear Leaders’s demands are met. Der Führer Dear Leader only wants what is best and happiness for his people. Everyone will suffer if that does not happen. And if that does not happen it will be the fault of the Jews, err umm, the capitalists, err umm the Republicans.

farsighted on November 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Pedal to the metal.

Let it burn.

bloviator on November 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I hate this guy.

Here he is preaching to us, while about to go Vacay with Mooch at a cost of $4 million. And he dares bitch about MILLIONAIRES?

wildcat72 on November 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Pedal to the metal.

Let it burn.

bloviator on November 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Burn Baby Burn, DISCO INFERNO!

wildcat72 on November 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

My family already agreed to cancel Christmas presents. It’ll probably be the best Christmas ever, all the fun of getting together without all the stress of gift buying. I can’t wait.

They really shouldn’t have started pushing the “Christmas buying season” before Halloween this year. The more they push that crap the more I resist. Gotta buy buy buy, but don’t try to erect a Manger Scene in a public place! They can kiss my mistletoe!

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

365 Degrees

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

saw some gorgeous xmas trees. $75 bucks. all i saw was obamas greedy paw. i passed.

we have fake trees already decorated that we are going to drag out every year.

renalin on November 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

renalin on November 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I used to pay that much for a tree, but that ship has sailed. I’m not paying more than 25 bucks.

Naturally Curly on November 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

And just on how many $hitlists this Azzhole in WH is?

riddick on November 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

As usual, what passes for “leadership” from Barack Obama is nothing but poking Republicans in the eye with a sharp stick. What a hateful, disgusting individual he is. This country has REAL problems, and the one person who’s supposed to be in charge of getting them solved spends all his time playing partisan games.

Murf76 on November 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I think liberals think that election vote changes the laws of mathematics.

Dollayo on November 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I still can’t believe our country re-e;lected this a$$hole.

bw222 on November 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Our country didn’t. The other country did.

/two Americas

rayra on November 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The ThugLife, Celebutard/self-worshippin’, Free Shit Army “americans” did. And they’re demanding we pay for it all, with everything we’ve got. Ultimately with our very lives.

rayra on November 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I think liberals think that election vote changes the laws of mathematics.

Dollayo on November 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Have you seen Pelosi’s comments about gubmint money, these last few years? I don’t think those foul socialists know or care a damned thing about ‘math’.
All they know is that they want whatever we’ve got. All of it.

We must fight them, every way we can. We must destroy them. For they surely intend to destroy us.

rayra on November 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Obama: We’re going to have a really “Scrooge Christmas”

…yes WE WILL…but JugEars will be in Asia! (Hawaii)

KOOLAID2 on November 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I. Just. Can’t.

I read the headlines and I know that I’m not ready to deal with anything this jackass has to say. It just chaps me that America has become such a cesspool of idiocy. Forgive me for regressing back to 2008, but I hope he fails.

BettyRuth on November 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It’s a scrooge Christmas…. Fore!… oops, sorry about that golf ball…

ajacksonian on November 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

rplat on November 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Theoretically, in the latter case it could be the end of his presidency–and the beginning of his dictatorship.

JimC on November 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Let it burn and then clean up the ashes.

bgibbs1000 on November 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM

a Satan worshipping alinskiite wanting to be spoil Christmas?

nah….

tom daschle concerned on November 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I said before he was elected the first time–if he won, it could be God using him for the end times. How else can u explain him winning. His “church”, her college thesis, his associations, his lack of ablities and we can go on and on. Like many, I researched what he was doing, maybe a tad extra b/c I was writing for a mag. I googled his “church” and my mouth dropped. A black liberation “church” that loved Farakhan was running for Pres., no need to show a birth certificate and u know the rest. He has dug a nice big hole for us and it is so hard for me to believe he has any allegience to the US. I can’t bear to see him. How anyone can defend him is beyond me. Someone wrote, “Give him a chance”…Are there body snatchers? How can one explain his re-election? I have never seen this country so divided, which I found apparent before his first win, nor such poverty as now.

Conservatives R Us on November 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Let Obama have what he wants. It is what 51% of the electorate chose, after all.

They wanted to move “forward” off the cliff, then off the cliff we should go.

Let. It. Burn.

MidniteRambler on November 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Obama reminds me of Scrooge’s maid that stole his clothes off his body and bartered them………guess it’s just the spirit he brings into a room.

avagreen on November 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Bring on the yuletide metaphors.

OK.

Scrooge Yew 0bamaClaus

LegendHasIt on November 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM

The Kinks – Father Christmas

When I was small I believed in Santa Claus
Though I knew it was my dad
And I would hang up my stocking at Christmas
Open my presents and I’d be glad

But the last time I played Father Christmas
I stood outside a department store
A gang of kids came over and mugged me
And knocked my reindeer to the floor

They said:
Father Christmas, give us some money
Don’t mess around with those silly toys.
We’ll beat you up if you don’t hand it over
We want your bread so don’t make us annoyed
Give all the toys to the little rich boys

Don’t give my brother a Steve Austin outfit
Don’t give my sister a cuddly toy
We don’t want a jigsaw or Monopoly money
We only want the Real McCoy

Father Christmas, give us some money
We’ll beat you up if you make us annoyed
Father Christmas, give us some money
Don’t mess around with those silly toys

But give my daddy a job cause he needs one
He’s got lots of mouths to feed
But if you’ve got one, I’ll have a machine gun
So I can scare all the kids on the street

Father Christmas, give us some money
We got no time for your silly toys
We’ll beat you up if you don’t hand it over
We want your bread, so don’t make us annoyed
Give all the toys to the little rich boys

Have yourself a Merry, Merry Christmas
Have yourself a good time
But remember the kids who got nothin’
While you’re drinkin’ down your wine

Father Christmas, give us some money
We got no time for your silly toys
Father Christmas, please hand it over
We’ll beat you up, so don’t make us annoyed
Give all the toys to the little rich boys

Christien on November 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Doesn’t this jerk obama ever stop campaigning? However, no matter how bad he is, the really bad one is dingy harry. I have stopped going to Lost Vegas because of him. I think we need a national boycott of nevada; maybe put some of those union goons out of jobs.

Old Country Boy on November 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Conservatives R Us on November 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Americans were tested, they failed, their foolish hearts and minds were darkened and now comes judgement.

it is going to be incredibly painful.

tom daschle concerned on November 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

chelie on November 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

What? You thought he’d stick around and do some hard work?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

GarandFan on November 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

All he does is vacation, party, golf and feed his own ego.

John Hammond said it best.

Eviva on November 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Campaingin’is easy. Presidentin’ is hard. Especially when you have no intention of actually doing any ‘real’ Presidentin’.

ghostwalker1 on November 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

He’s already ruined Christmas.

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

But he certainly has improved Ramadan.

VorDaj on December 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM

he never submitted a serious budget either, and that was because he did not want a budget, he requires a perpetual crisis for his politiking

The geithner proposal was called laughable, but IMHO it was meant to be a joke. Not just for the power trip, the diss which Obama craves, but he did not want to offer a proposal that could be accepted. Geithner did not make a stupid mistake. He is a stooge, and a loser, but he is also a useful conduit for the Obama Games.

Obama really likes to rub the noses of his enemies in the dog crap

entagor on December 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM

He is beyond loathsome.
This guy is pure evil.

justltl on December 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Whistle while you work

Hitler Barry is a jerk

Mussolini bit his wienie

now it doesn’t work

cane_loader on December 1, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Obama referring to himself as Santa is him poking his finger in both Romney’sand Rush’s eye.

ctmom on December 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM

‘Except for me, Mooch, the kids and dog who will be jetting off to our 20 day, $4M, all expenses paid holiday vacation on the beach in Hawaii. No, Scrooge for me but it will be for thee.’ ‘Get used to it, too, cuz there’s more where this came from.’ ‘I’d send everyone a postcard with a picture of me body surfing, but the rates are going up and I’m trying to cut out waste and fraud on your behalf.’ Gotta cut back some where and call it compromise on spending with those #$*% Rs.’ ‘Don’t worry tho, I’ll be back in DC soon handing out the free stuff before you know it.’ Barry.

Kissmygrits on December 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM

“if Congress doesn’t do what I want”
sociopath/narcissist.

diogenes on December 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Midas on November 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Become a farmer. That’s a damned good place to start, from what I can see from my neighbors who are mostly all Federal Govt wh0res.

Badger40 on December 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Time to let him know he is one third of the government and not the king.

mixplix on December 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

The fact that Mitt Romney accepted the invitation to the White House is the perfect metaphor for why he lost this election: Mitt Romney is a good man who thinks everyone else is a good person too. He just doesn’t GET it. He should have been busy–or just politely and publicly declined to allow himself to be used and belittled by Obama the evil one.

Sheesh. I cannot comprehend Romney’s willingness to go there. Was he afraid of being called a “sore loser?” The thing is, Romney will be called that no matter what he did. So why enable Obama to look like he won this election “fair and square?” He didn’t. The attacks on Romney were so vicious it was shocking; yet Romney trots over to a lunch with Obama the moment he gets the beck and call?

God. It’s sickening to me.

mountainaires on December 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM

The only thing left is to hope that by the end of these long 4 years ahead, the American people will see Obama for what he is: An arrogant, self-centered, narcissistic dictator.

Depressing.

mountainaires on December 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

How this a$$ clown became leader of the once-free world and dismantled civilization in such a short period of time will be studied by cultural anthropologists for centuries, assuming mankind survives his legacy.

bobcalco on December 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

It must be a tweak at Limbaugh (whom he secretly envies), a snarky retort to Limbaugh’s “Santa Claus” explanation for why Comrade Soetoro won a second term.

bobcalco on December 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM

You know Obama has a point.

Blacks and the American Indians have been royally mistreated……but mostly….by the American GOVERNMENT.

Who drove the Indians out of the South? Andrew Jackson (the founder of the modern Democrat party).

Who lied constantly to the American Indians? Who took their lands and essentially robbed them? The American government.

Blacks? When the DEMOCRATS fought freedom for the “negroes” didn’t they use the Government as their weapon of choice? What about all the wealth that was created on the backs of the slaves in this nation?

Perfect example………..the Tulsa race riot in 1921 I think I read it was. Because of a supposed assault on a white girl in an elevator by a black man the whole thriving black community was burned to the ground. They don’t even know how many lives were lost and how many city blocks were destroyed.Part of the town had been called the “Black Wall Street”. All that wealth wiped out and they all had to start from scratch. What about Newark? LA? Chicago?

Magnify that all over the country in various ways of discrimination.

I support reparations today for Black America. What’s the best way to do that? I don’t know but we owe it to them to make it right.

We did them wrong and it’s time to ask their forgiveness and pay them a stipend for what they lost.

PappyD61 on December 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I’m filled with revulsion every time I see his face or hear his voice.

I guess this is what the foaming left felt about George Bush.

disa on December 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Depressing.

mountainaires on December 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

No, most of them will buy into the “George Bush was so awful he ruined the economy for decades to come.”

Now that’s depressing.

disa on December 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Jacob Marley is looking for you Barack.

Repent!”

profitsbeard on December 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I am projecting by 2016 67% of our population will be on public assistance of some sort.

All tax rates will be higher.

We will have fewer rich, and the gap between rich and poor will grow by at least 12% over where it is now.

21% of the population will live in poverty. Median incomes will decline to $44,000.

Free healthcare will have such limited access that our level of health will still decline.

Unemployment will be 7.2%, and will be reported as the new normal.

And the GOP will get all the blame because Obama doesn’t get 100% of what he wants.

We are stuck with him and this Senate until 2016, so we might as well give them everything but Amnesty. No reason to import 12 million new voters for the Dems. Give him his tax increases, his regulations, and his spending. Let it burn. Think about it, sometimes we let our kids make mistakes and screw things up so that they learn the hard way.

Then maybe the GOP voters who stayed home in 2012 will wake up and show up in 2016 as they see their country falling apart around them and destroying the lives of their loved ones.

goflyers on December 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM

It’s probably already been said.

Go Scrooge yourself, Mr. Pretendident.

Joe Mama on December 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

And another thing Mr. Preezy.

May you be visited by the ghost of Christmas future, so that you may gaze upon ruin your follies have visited upon this nation.

Sadly, I believe it will bring you joy instead of shame.

Joe Mama on December 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Raising taxes accomplishes essentially nothing. Obama believes the mindless masses are stupid enough to buy the snake oil he’s selling . . . and he’s probably right.

rplat on December 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM

PappyD61 on December 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You could ease into a bit rather than just throwing it all out there at once. And maybe post it in a thread that’s a little more directly related. But, otherwise, pretty good trolling! Hope you don’t mind a little critique.
Carry on.

justltl on December 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM

And if it’s satire it’s still pretty good. It maybe needs a subtle tidbit or two within it to let the reader know that it’s satirical. But still darned good.

justltl on December 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM

OK, I read it again. I missed the Democrat references.
My stupidity. :(
Forget the last two posts.
Sorry.
Nice work.

justltl on December 1, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Go to hell Obama. I’m sick of what has happened. Let’s jump the cliff, you cowards!!!!

MNDavenotPC on December 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

bobcalco on December 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I don’t have enough words to describe how jawdroppingly nuts this is. I just don’t. Anyone who has some I can use, feel free to lend me a hand.

Isn’t it just sad that the leader of the most powerful (for now) nation on the planet has reason to be jealous of an thrice-divorced lardbucket? He could cause armies to march and nations to tremble. Yet, as a person, he doesn’t even measure up to some oaf who doesn’t have the authority to make one soldier fire one bullet!

This is worse than Michelangelo being jealous of the illustrators of South Park. The world really truly has gone insane.

MelonCollie on December 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

MelonCollie, belive it. Obama is a world class hater, a facility he shares with the rest of the insane left, speaking of insane. The twisted left is fixated on Limbaugh, why not, they despise dissent. “Insane”, ape, are you following the budget negotiations, the ones where this petty nasty lttle man is already talikng about more $ trillion deficts, and are you stupid enough to think that only the rich will be taxed?
If you want “nuts”, consider this, the Chief fool engineered a four year downturn in the economy, high unemployment, huge deficts, left Americans to die in Benghazi and lied about it,[thru his flacks, he's to cowardly and stupid to try and explain it himself],and now wants unlimited authority to raise deficts, WITHOUT Congressional approval. Insane? I daresay you speak from personal introspection. Go vomit someplace else.

arand on December 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM

If the Bush tax breaks do expire and we go over that cliff, it needs to be shouted at the highest mountains that these are the Billary CLINTON era tax increases. Might as well do some 2016 positioning while we are at it.
BO started campaigning against Romney during the GOP Primary campaign, Hillary has already started. She will be the presumptive candidate, the GOP should not make the same mistake again (and I don’t mean twice).
ALSO, the Congress should agree to talking about new “revenue sources” when, and only when, we see the cuts in spending promised to us in the past (see Reagan and GHWBush) along with the new promises. It would be a good time to bring the past, to put things in context.

Whiterock on December 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

As Tyrone Power said in the movie “The Black Swan“: “You can’t go wrong drowning politicians.”

profitsbeard on December 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM