Report: Obama’s “fiscal cliff” offer to Republicans calls for $1.6 trillion in new taxes and end of debt ceiling in exchange for … nothing, basically; Update: McConnell laughed out loud; Update: Walk away, says Krauthammer

posted at 6:02 pm on November 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

Even more unbelievable than the “offer” itself is the fact that the our hack media will go on painting Republicans as the unreasonable ideologues in this equation.

House Republicans said on Thursday that Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner presented the House speaker, John A. Boehner, a detailed proposal to avert the year-end fiscal crisis with $1.6 trillion in tax increases over 10 years, an immediate new round of stimulus spending, home mortgage refinancing and a permanent end to Congressional control over statutory borrowing limits.

The proposal, loaded with Democratic priorities and short on detailed spending cuts, was likely to meet strong Republican resistance. In exchange for locking in the $1.6 trillion in added revenues, President Obama embraced $400 billion in savings from Medicare and other entitlements, to be worked out next year, with no guarantees.

He did propose some upfront cuts in programs like farm price supports, but did not specify an amount or any details. And senior Republican aides familiar with the offer said those initial spending cuts might well be outnumbered by upfront spending increases, including at least $50 billion in infrastructure spending, mortgage relief, an extension of unemployment insurance and a deferral of automatic cuts to physician reimbursements under Medicare…

[T]he details show how far the president is ready to push House Republicans. The upfront tax increases in the proposal go beyond what Senate Democrats were able to pass earlier this year. Tax rates would go up for higher-income earners, as in the Senate bill, but Mr. Obama wants their dividends to be taxed as ordinary income, something the Senate did not approve. He also wants the estate tax to be levied at 45 percent on inheritances over $3.5 million, a step several Democratic senators balked at. The Senate bill made no changes to the estate tax, which currently taxes inheritances over $5 million at 35 percent.

Here’s Peter Suderman’s idea of a commensurate counter-offer:

Two possibilities. One: Obama reeeeally wants to avoid the cliff, so he’s engineering some political cover for the other side to compromise. Ante up with a ridiculous bid, then pretend to let Republicans “win” by letting them negotiate him down to, say, “only” a trillion in new revenues. In order to believe that, though, you have to believe that O fears the cliff. Why would he? Polls show that Republicans will take most of the blame, which means not only will Obama have more leverage after January 1 (see my earlier post about that) but he can then blame any economic sluggishness over the next year or two or four on the GOP too. That might be the difference between a Republican Senate versus a Democratic House in 2014. Which brings us to two: He’s either indifferent about going over the cliff or now actively wants it to happen, and since he knows he can count on the press to scapegoat Republicans when it does, he’s decided to shoot for the stars with his “offer” and see how desperate Boehner is. Is the GOP sufficiently nervous about being called enemies of the middle class if a deal isn’t reached that they’ll cave on tax hikes on the rich in exchange for some smaller bundle of concessions, with this insane package the only other alternative on the Democratic side? That’s what O wants to see.

Exit question: Let it burn?

Update: NRO’s Dan Foster asks a good question:

We’re supposed to be paying down the deficit here, not squeezing the rich to fund Obama’s next government expansion. How much of this mega-soak is designed to do the former rather than the latter?

Update: Laughable, literally:

Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts…

Geithner suggested $1.6 trillion in tax increases, McConnell says, but showed “minimal or no interest” in spending cuts. When congressional leaders went to the White House three days after the election, Obama talked of possible curbs on the explosive growth of food stamps and Social Security disability payments. But since Geithner didn’t mention them, those reductions appear to be off the table now, McConnell says.

Update: Via NRO, hard to argue with this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Maybe I should have included a sarc tag on that, Bish.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I didn’t even understand the comment he made.

Bishop on November 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Very good, hawk. …
predator on November 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I agree. Obama’s PR team should buy it from you and get some school kids to sing it.

BoxHead1 on November 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM

But….let’s say we go off the cliff and all the Republicans take the blame, as assumed. Does it really matter? It’s not like there’s a national vote for each district. A Republican only cares about the constituents in their district.

Republicans don’t need to win the media war or the national debate (like the media would ever let that happen anyway). Considering the GOP is a pariah at this point, I don’t see how we have anything to lose by going over the cliff.

Let It Burn!!!

hisfrogness on November 29, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I don’t own a gun.

gryphon202 on November 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Same here. I sold my entire collection, even the BB guns, peep sights, and primers, to private citizens in full accordance with the law. I meticulously kept a single folder of all the receipts and buyers’ information, but, unfortunately, it flew out of the open window of my car while I was driving over Lake Norman.

I tried to recover it but the folder was lost.

Lost and ruined.

Lost, ruined, and eaten by catfish.

Lost, ruined, and eaten by catfish before being pooped out and churned through the power generation facilities of the dam.

Lost, ruined, eaten by catfish before being pooped out and churned through the power generation facilities of the dam before I had the opportunity to make copies.

Truly unfortunate, but that’s just my luck. Strangely enough, I think someone else around here had their entire folder of receipts from their legally sold firearms completely destroyed just two or three days before my folder was lost forever, too.

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

What planet is Krauthammer living on where he thinks Obama gives a crap about how many people are unemployed in his second term?

Kataklysmic on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

libfreeordie on November 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM

You never deserve to be free, you dictator lover.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

You swine, with apologies to the clan pigs.

You altered hawk’s writing and made up things. Suffocate in your own swill.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Let I burn. Then get rid of the trash.

bgibbs1000 on November 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

This is terrible. I’m sorry for you. :(

But, at least you were able to completely and entirely liquidate your collection and can now live unencumbered by all the entanglements such a collection might create in the future.

Still — shame about the catfish.

Axe on November 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I think a lot of the left’s offensive against the House could be blunted by one simple uncompromising demand: no tax hikes now or promises of tax hikes in the future, period, until deep spending cuts are already in place. None of this, “spending cuts to be named later.” If the spending cuts aren’t already passed, the tax hikes aren’t under discussion.

First the spending cuts, then the tax hikes. And if the Democrats don’t agree to the spending cuts, then all Bush tax cuts expire and sequestration happens. Every time they blame the House, reply with 3 things: a) Democrats refused to accept any spending cuts, b) the Senate hasn’t passed a budget in over 3 years, and c) the President’s proposed budgets have always been widely rejected by his own party.

And ask, “Why are the Democrats not serious about passing a budget?”

tom on November 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Great ideas, but I don’t think there’s anyone in the GOP who has the b@lls to stick to this line of argument. Not a one. And then there’s something I heard Rush say today: the underlying plan is that Obama and the Dems are out to obliterate the GOP as a party. They want to be it — the only party. Of course, considering how many in the GOP are already Dem-lite, it’s not too much of a stretch except in their fevered little minds.

PatriotGal2257 on November 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Capitalist Hog, whatever you think I am, you’re a freaking yellow streaked coward. You can’t, even behind the safety of your computer monitor, say what you really think? pfft

How did you ever believe a comment you put up here would ever move someone one way or the other with your pathetic weak ass convictions.

We’re done here.

You’re dismissed.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM

NO one but you promoted imagained violence.

Fall into the cliff, utter fool, head first. May your head be chopped off by a wild muzzie. You are the ones who love Morsi. May he get yours, on a platinum platter, as a trophy. How’s this for violence, fool?

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM

You never deserve to be free, you dictator lover.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

libfreeordie, and others like him/her/it amuse me. I’m reading Anne Applebaum’s Iron Curtain, The Crushing of Eastern Europe 1944-1956.

If the leftist power structure gets what they want, “it” will be severely subjugated, and if “it” dares to complain, “it” will be crushed by an iron fist.

All that “it” has supported will turn against “it.”

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Capitalist Hog, you weasel, you eunuch, you are not allowed to even spit on hawkdriver and Legend’s shoes.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:33 PM

He doesnt expect them to take it, he expects them to continue to play the “OMG OBSTRUCTIONIST GOP!” role. Dont you guys ever argue with liberals? All they do is blame every Obama fail on obstructionist republicans.

Dash on November 29, 2012 at 9:34 PM

libfreeordie on November 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM

You never deserve to be free, you dictator lover.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I find it amazing that all the libs who come to lecture us refuse to do what old-time Communists of the 1930s did. Those old folk went to live in the Soviet Union. But these here self-presumed ‘betters’ of us won’t take up permanent residence in Cuba, China, or North Korea despite all they spew here hour after hour.

I guess it’s safe for them to pontificate when their own butts aren’t on the line.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Calling for armed-revolution is stupid.

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 8:34 PM

You’re the only one who ‘called’ for it.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Heh, their butts are on the line.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

By Sunday Geithner will attribute these talking points to a spontaneous mob sparked by an internet video and disavow them.

mdavt on November 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM

THE SHIT-Winds are a Strirring……

There’s a storm coming.

Buy a raincoat.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

hawkriver:Yup,

THE SHIT-WINDS are a Strirring……

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

You but azz – he flew your side’s azzes around for years – your observation skills are so limited that you s/b forbidden to breathe, not to mention to write.

However, hawk protects fools like you, their freedom to expose their ignorance. You don’t deserve him and the other men/women on this board who do/have done the same.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Heh, their butts are on the line.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Only in debate–a safe anonymous haven without being in the mix the rest of us call reality and experience.

Realistically, Michael Moore might love Cuba in public, but he knows full well he won’t be allowed to keep his millions if he moved there.

Much the same with all our other critics.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I am heartbroken for you rogerb. I’m very much afraid that my weapons might one day be sold legally and then the receipts and any recollection of the happy purchasers be lost in a tragic lawn tractor accident. Once run over by a 5 foot BushHog field mower, I fear they would be all but impossible to get any information from.

And my memory is poor.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Crap,sorry Hawk,I Boinked that up,
I put it…(THE SHIT-Winds are a Strirring……)
twice,not your comment,le oops:0

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

And my memory is poor.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Weapons? Who has weapons? And that FOID thing. What the hell is that?

I have a stone axe and nothing else. Honest.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I sold mine to some fellows here in Southern California…

… but since they spoke only Spanish, I could not ask them for their IDs, ask if they had a criminal record, were legal citizens, pretty much everything I was asked when I bought my firearms hateful right wing second amendment tools of hate and bigotry.

So if asked, I will just have to say that they went “thata way“…>

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Sure he is Schade. We’re not HuffPo. What we’re not allowed to do is make a bunch of big talk and then back down because we’re to chicken to follow through with what we want to say. His only shame is stopping at only hinting at his feelings. A real man says what he means. That would garner some respect.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Much the same with all our other critics.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Oh, come on. Cuba will give him a receipt. On paper. Framed.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Oh, come on. Cuba will give him a receipt. On paper. Framed.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Moore would be considered ‘counter-revolutionary’. He complains too much.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

No sweat Cano.

Oh, BTW. The flag I sent your family is evidently … fake.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I have a stone axe and nothing else. Honest.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I have one but it’s not even sharp.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Much the same with all our other critics.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Adam Corolla on how people like Michael Moore can be filthy rich and still appeal to the “little people.”

He dresses like an unemployed, lesbian truck driver.

I LOL’ed.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Such tragic paperwork accidents are truly awful. I never sold any of my guns, I did however have this stupid habit of taking them fishing up in the Boundary Waters. Every time. All of them.

Then one day the canoe tipped and out they went, straight to the bottom; stupid Bishop! STUPID! Ever been to the Boundary Waters, there are so many many rivers, streams and tributaries that I’d be surprised if I have ever taken the same waterway twice….so no, I couldn’t possibly identify the spot of the tragic canoe accident…the entire area is a maze.

Bishop on November 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I have a stone axe and nothing else. Honest.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I have one but it’s not even sharp.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I have a plastic sword left over from Little 7% Halloween costume…

… you will know it’s fake because the tip is red.

Really…

… That is all I have, and I’ve removed all locks from my doors.

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Moore would be considered ‘counter-revolutionary’. He complains too much.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Not until they have his money.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Seriously, walk away. Further proof that the definition of “bipartisanship” is “the right surrenders”.

netster007x on November 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

No sweat Cano.

Oh, BTW. The flag I sent your family is evidently … fake.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

hawkdriver:Chinese made???

Whats the scuttlebutt,it has never left the sealed package,
as I treat it as a Funeral Flag,and its in a nice black
wooden casing,with glass,and your helicopter image in the
back-ground——————————:)

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I have one but it’s not even sharp.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Same here. Sharpening requires “sharpening stones,” which are illegal in Ill-annoy. Pat Quinn and Mike Madigan said so.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

***********OCCUPY WALL STREET OUTRAGE ALERT ********(sarc)

Bankruptcy judge finalizes liquidation of Hostess Brands, approves bonuses for senior executives – @NNMoney

3 mins ago from money.nn.com by editor

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM

you will know it’s fake because the tip is red.

Really…

… That is all I have, and I’ve removed all locks from my doors.

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

That suggest poison. I may have to report you to the Comintern.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM

suggests-*dammit.*

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Plenty of “sharpening stones” on any government building’ facade. Just saying…

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

libfreeordie on November 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM

You never deserve to be free, you dictator lover.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Well amusing you find it ‘amazing’.
But not a surprise that your retort to those accepting of the idea of some slight adjustments in taxes (to where they were a few years ago) is to shout ‘go live in North Korea, you commies!’.
I keep making this point, but I’ll make it again – the debate here is over two relatively close positions. These ‘end of America’ blatherings are just silly.
And if you’re gonna go that route, at least take some lessons from
Schadenfreude and develop a better gift for hyperbole.
E.g. “Harlots on the dole!”

If McConnell is indeed just bursting out laughing…it’s nervous laughter. More cracks in the GOP armor on this issue every day.

verbaluce on November 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Change your heart. Don’t be your usual coward. Say what you mean.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM

That was lame. Come on. You sound like the rest of ‘em with that. I won’t even acknowledge that coming from you. I know you can do better than that.

Do over.

Keep in mind that you keep telling me to say what I mean IN DIRECT RESPONSE to my comments. How can you not know what you’re replying to?

Thank you for confirming that yet again – and you’re being a troll.

Chip on November 29, 2012 at 9:16 PM

In bold. Cripes, you must mean business. (shudders)

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Plenty of “sharpening stones” on any government building’ facade. Just saying…

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Bastige! You just struck me!

*Boy, if my axe was sharp…*

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Bastige! You just struck me!

*Boy, if my axe was sharp…*

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

My Apple keyboard does that sometimes. Hate Apple with passion, but my company moved all of us to MacBooks.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Kataklysmic on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

1. Obama doesn’t give a damn about anyone. Period.

2. Obama intends to destroy the middle class. They are in his way.

3. Carbon tax is next.

4. Tax brackets will go to RR levels.

5. VAT will be next.

6. Crude prices will go down (more energy available), but the price at the pump will go up (due to huuuuuge taxes added).

7. Krauthammer is wrong – the right will always cave. They are the biggest fools.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

You’re the only one who ‘called’ for it.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

LOL, sure buddy. I’m the one of a few who calls out extremists when I see them.

You’re probably pissed because of me invoking your name earlier. I get that. I don’t care. But I get it.

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

That suggest poison. I may have to report you to the Comintern.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM

How would you like my ration of hardtack to forget I ever mentioned the word “sword”…?

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Their butts are on the line, literally.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I was going to make a sacastic comment again but the purpose of your flag was too serious to kid about.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

And don’t even think about rubbing the edge of them against your sidewalk or, up they’ll come. You’ll be waiting on the bus standing in the dirt.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

7. Krauthammer is wrong – the right Republicans will always cave. They are the biggest fools.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Please don’t confuse Republican apparatchiks with movement conservatives. The chasm between the two groups grows by the week now.

gryphon202 on November 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Wait a tic,with all this Let it Burn talky,

WHO the Hell said it first!

Thats right,…………….the Left!
=======================================

MoveOn Ad Has Old Lady Say We’re Going To “Burn This Motherf**ker Down”
********

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Not until they have his money.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

All things take time.

But Moore won’t dare come to the culmination of what he preaches, he won’t dare risk the wealth he won–not earned–under the capitalist system he claims to hate.

I can’t call Moore a hypocrite; that term is so overused.

But I find him to be a hateful and spiteful person, out to somehow punish everyone else for abuses he suffered in his past. Seems to me he never got past all that. People who have been hurt either indulge spite and revenge, or they see needs that were never met in their lives and have compassion on others.

When was the last time Moore stopped advocating for Cuba and spending money to do it, versus opening a soup kitchen to feed the downtrodden he pretends to ‘favor’?

Love isn’t politics. It’s feeding the hungry and clothing the naked, out of your own pocket.

Where is Michael Moore on that?

And the same goes to the snide pontificating liblets who keep coming here to criticize us at every turn.

Liam on November 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

hawkdriver:Haha,okay,…..you are sneaky——————:0

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Throw in a cup of your allotted weak potato soup to dip it in, and you’ve got a deal. Otherwise…

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I’m very much afraid that my weapons might one day be sold legally and then the receipts and any recollection of the happy purchasers be lost in a tragic lawn tractor accident. Once run over by a 5 foot BushHog field mower, I fear they would be all but impossible to get any information from…

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Bishop on November 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I’m beginning to appreciate why our betters need to be able to control our thermostats and make our health insurance decisions for us. Some things are just too important to have careless folks like ourselves managing them.

___

I have a stone axe and nothing else. Honest.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I thought I had one of those, but it turned out to be a sweet potato tied to a stick. I made out a receipt before I ate it and burned the stick, but the receipt was in the folder, unfortunately.

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Change your heart. Don’t be your usual coward. Say what you mean.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Do over.

Not sure what the he11 you’re trying to say here. I just asked you to say what you mean. If you can’t do that, you’re a gutless coward. What did you think I was misleading about? What do you think I’ve asserted about myself that you mistrust? Are you afraid to draw a conclusion to your weak cryptic BS you directed at me?

I know what I’m replying to, you moron. I’m simply asking what in your comments (referring to mistrust and unease in my comments) you were making a big deal about.

I get it if you’re not up to just saying what you think. A lot of folks still can’t muster much courage, safe in their home.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM

**** ALERT ******

Any of you peeps have any kin,coming down or up Runway 1533 tonight?!

@NBCLA tweeted:
NBCLA
#BREAKING: Power is out at Burbank airport’s Runway 1533, the one used for nighttime depatures. Arrivals are on schedule.

42 mins ago from twitter.com by partner

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

gryphon202 on November 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I’m certain Schade understands that better than most. Sometimes we ‘all’ use terms that aren’t as precise as they used to be.

LegendHasIt on November 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM

take some lessons from
Schadenfreude and develop a better gift for hyperbole.
E.g. “Harlots on the dole!”

verbaluce on November 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Thank you.

———

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

No idea what you’re writing about.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

but since they spoke only Spanish,

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

lol

*uptwinkles*

Axe on November 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Deal…!

… I will also throw in three squares of toilet paper I was saving for my birthday.

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I’m the one of a few who calls out extremists when I see them.
Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

You’re an extreme imbecile. No one here is calling for armed violence. Speaking of violence, shouldn’t you be clashing with the police outside your tent encampment right about now?

The Count on November 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Bishop on November 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

You two, and a few others, are so incredibly wise.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM

vordaj, I read your comment. thanks and dentente

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Deal…!

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Seven Percent Solution:

OOOooh Gawd No,not the Sherly Crow brand……hahaha,ahem!:)

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

gryphon202 on November 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Thank you Legend – of course I understand the diff.

gryph, who in the negotiations pool is one of these conservatives?

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

You’re on! According to Cheryl Crow, that will cover my next three trips to the outhouse!

Sign here ____________________________________.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM

gryph, who in the negotiations pool is one of these conservatives?

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I wish I had a handy answer for you, Schad. I’m done looking for conservatives in the GOP. I’m fairly certain they don’t exist. You probably have a better chance of finding Bigfoot.

gryphon202 on November 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Sweet potato axes? You could give someone a starch overdose if you hit them and broke the skin.

I’ll be dialing my union rep for advice on how to proceed, don’t go anywhere.

Bishop on November 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Kataklysmic on November 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Yep.
Unemployed = dedicated democratic party voter.
Food stamp recipient = motivated democratic party campaign worker.
Bam-Pho customer = hardcore democratic party protester.

slickwillie2001 on November 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

You probably have a better chance of finding Bigfoot.

gryphon202 on November 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Meh. History Channel finds him every night–according to them.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I have one but it’s not even sharp.

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Some guys have all the luck.

All I have is a harshly worded memo written in crayon on a torn piece of cereal box, with bad grammar and misspelled words.

The Rogue Tomato on November 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM

OOOooh Gawd No,not the Sherly Crow brand……hahaha,ahem!:)

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Sign here ____________________________________.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Wait a tic…

… two Sherly/Cheryl Crow references within a minute!

Now someone’s knocking on my door…!

… I’ll be right ba

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

1. Obama doesn’t give a damn about anyone. Period.

2. Obama intends to destroy the middle class. They are in his way.

3. Carbon tax is next.

4. Tax brackets will go to RR levels.

5. VAT will be next.

Schadenfreude on November 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Good list. I’d add Card-Check, an attack on fracking, and a federal move against Right-to-Work at the state level.

slickwillie2001 on November 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

The Rogue Tomato on November 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Where did you get the cereal?

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM

“All I want to do is buy a gun,

I know a ten-year-old who said he’d sell me one”–Cheryl Crow.

That’s accurate, right?

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Bishop on November 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

True story (as has been everything posted in this thread by me, btw):

Years ago I dumped my single-man duck boat (sort of like this) while hunting off the coast of NC. I was fine and my dog was fine, but we lost a lot of gear.

The water wasn’t that deep, but it was too deep to do much more that drag a line and hope you snagged one of the Mossbergs (yep, I dumped two in the drink because I always had a backup so a failure won’t end a day involving so much work), and when you finally do manage to get one up you realize how quickly salt water starts working on metals.

Fortunately new guns only, no heirlooms, and little more than some money wasted and a funny story came of it.

Off to do some reading. Y’all have fun.

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Wait a tic…

… two Sherly/Cheryl Crow references within a minute!

Now someone’s knocking on my door…!

… I’ll be right ba

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Seven? Seven? Where’d ya go?

Oh my God! They killed Seven! They’re bastards!

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Do us a favor and let your Republican member of the House or Senate know that would you?

libfreeordie on November 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM

What a wonderful suggestion!

kim roy on November 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Good evening folks ! and im gonna apologize for my absence of late, its been a busy few weeks!

Now as to this whole fiscal cliff issue is it me or is this entire thing looking more and more like a circus than any serious attempt by anyone to fix the issues at hand? I am really not seeing anything anywhere that indicates to me any attempt by either side to take this issue with any measure of sincerity here.

( Oh and off topic but Hi Predator ! hope your package arrived safely !)

katee bayer on November 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM

From the thread where Ed says:

we have to make the best deal we can

I agree with Greg Q 1000+:

And when is the last time that, at election time, the voters actually blamed / credited the opposition party for the state of the economy?
Ever?
Greg Q on November 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM

The last time the GOP let the Dems hang on their own policies, it worked out pretty well for us in 2010. Plus, it would be very unlikely that the GOP would not pick-up more seats in the last two years of President Fail’s lame duck term.

HellCat on November 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

you were making a big deal about.

I was answering you. If you call that making a big deal I’d say that you’re likely a narcissist.

You asked about my opinion. I gave it. You don’t like it. I don’t care.

I love how you avoid my initial allegation. And I don’t mean the misquote.

I think you’re a letdown of a warrior. But you already knew that because I already told you as much.

Now go back to spouting off about let it burn or whatever you extremists are saying these days.

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM

We’re gonna need a lot more ammo…

Jaibones on November 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM

( Oh and off topic but Hi Predator ! hope your package arrived safely !)

katee bayer on November 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It did indeed, m’lady. It was at my door today when I got home from work. And thank you for your timely service.

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM

you snagged one of the Mossbergs (yep, I dumped two in the drink because I always had a backup so a failure won’t end a day involving so much work)…

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM

OK, you lost me right there. A Mossberg needing a backup?

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM

rogerb on November 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

That is some really bad luck. Hope the catfish survived.

kim roy on November 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM

We’re gonna need a lot more ammo…

Jaibones on November 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I’m stockpiling as well as looking at progressive reloaders.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM

HellCat on November 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Senate looks doable in 2014 at the rate this is going. Idiot in WH only has 2 years to kill the country, so all GOP has to do is say No for the next 2 years. On each and every thing The Idiot asks for.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM

you are very welcome! haha when i took it to the post office the lady told me the box smelled great and asked me for a business card. Lol. hope they are what you were looking for!

katee bayer on November 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM

predator on November 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Wait a tic…

… two Sherly/Cheryl Crow references within a minute!

Now someone’s knocking on my door…!

… I’ll be right ba

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Lol,D*mmitt,HomeLand is monitering these very
conversation(s)…..haha——-:0

canopfor on November 29, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I’m stockpiling as well as looking at progressive reloaders.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Ruthless bastard Obama is acting this crazy just to try and price us out of buying any more guns and ammo. Only the government and the bodyguards of the 2% are going to be able to afford a decent 1911 and 1,000 rounds.

Jaibones on November 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM

We’re gonna need a lot more ammo…

Jaibones on November 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM

No worries. DHS already thought of that, and they have everyone covered.

Axe on November 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Give them nothing, but take from them, everything.

Vote Present, then L.I.B.

Bulletchaser on November 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM

you were making a big deal about.

wow. You don’t stop. Okay Freud! No. You didn’t answer a question. You rationalized about the stupidity of what you asserted I said and of course, was wrong about. Here.

Wow. That didn’t take long did it?

How long were you out of the military before you starting suggesting people take up arms against other Americans?

Impressive stuff there patriot. Not.

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I’d say that makes you a Schizophrenic. You’re inventing part of the exchange that didn’t happen. Where we’re at and what the missing part of the conversation is, is your answer as to what you believe I’m not truthful about. What you can’t put your finger on. Here.

Absolutely.

As bright as you seem obviously are, you strike me as phony. I don’t know why. I’m sorry because I know that is unfounded unless I can provided substantive reasoning which I can’t.

So, no I’m not calling out. Yes, I am owning my suspicions. Thanks for your service. Sorry I don’t like you much. Since I don’t actually know you that doesn’t matter at all.

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Actually creepy and disjointed but stiull questioning my veracity. That’s the question you’re avoiding. What did you mean?

You asked about my opinion. I gave it. You don’t like it. I don’t care.

Not sure what your opinion was. You were scared like a little girl to actually give it.

I love how you avoid my initial allegation. And I don’t mean the misquote.

What allegation? What do you allege i said?

Sorry. You might have missed the memo but I’m not here to impress you.

I don’t take my orders from cowards. Sorry. One of my quirks.

Capitalist Hog on November 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Answer my question. What do you think I’m untruthful about?

hawkdriver on November 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Jaibones on November 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Shelves are half empty, some restocking dates I see are well into next year. Seems reloading may be the way to go in the future. But I am ordering all I can for now, ammo wise, depending on caliber you can still find some good prices.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Jaibones on November 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM

You know what Stalin, Hitler, Mao and other communists did after taking over the countries? Disarm their populace to make it that much easier to then take complete control. The Idiot is playing by same playbook.

I foresee a lot of sales receipts for guns stolen, destroyed in fire or simply lost in the coming months. I’ll be checking mine right by the grill next time we cook out…

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM

F it. Faster we go over the cliff, the faster the next revolution can take place. Let it burn.

CharlieCA on November 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

CharlieCA on November 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

We’re going off the cliff in any case, whether GOP caves or not. It will actually be faster only if GOP caves.

Unfortunately, idiots, aka liberals, don’t do nor understand math. And giver The Idiot’s drive to destroy the country NOT giving in to his demands will actually slow down the fall.

riddick on November 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM