Christie starts re-election effort with 72% approval rating

posted at 8:51 am on November 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Republicans in other states may not be too happy with Chris Christie’s embrace of Barack Obama during the response to Hurricane Sandy, but they are in New Jersey — and they’re not alone.  As the Garden State governor starts working on his re-election bid, Quinnipiac’s latest poll shows Christie with a 72% approval rating — and even a majority approval rating among Democrats:

New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie did an “excellent” or “good” job responding to Hurricane Sandy, 95 percent of Garden State voters say, as they give the governor a 72 – 21 percent approval rating, the highest score Quinnipiac University ever measured for a New Jersey governor, according to a poll released today.

Today’s score tops Christie’s previous high 59 – 36 percent job approval in an April 11 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University.

Even Democrats approve of the Republican governor 52 – 39 percent.

Christie rates even higher on his work with Obama during the hurricane’s aftermath:

Voters approve 84 – 12 percent, including 69 – 28 percent among Republicans, of Christie’s praise for President Barack Obama’s actions after Sandy. …

“Gov. Christopher Christie never looked more like a ‘Jersey Guy’ than when he stood on the Seaside boardwalk after Sandy, and, just about unanimously, his New Jersey neighbors – Republicans, Democrats, Independents – applauded,” said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

At least one year out, Christie has no apparent weak spots in the demographics. He scores a 55% approval rating from black voters, and 66% among Hispanics. Democrats won’t break 52/39 to Christie in an election, obviously, but they will have trouble convincing women to switch away, 70% of whom approve of Christie’s performance at the moment.  The lowest rating in the age demographics is among 18-29YOs, who approve of Christie’s performance 65/25.

A lot of things can change in a year, however.  Don’t forget that George H. W. Bush had approval ratings in the 80s after the conclusion of hostilities in Iraq in 1991, and the next year couldn’t even get 40% of the vote.  Still, those kind of numbers will be hard for the eventual Democratic nominee to overcome.  Most presume Newark mayor Cory Booker will challenge Christie, but if Christie’s approval ratings remain high, Booker might want to wait another four years.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

@BradTank, pipe dream man. Sorry. And isn’t Christie pro-life and against SMS?

cdog0613 on November 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

For second there I thought you were referring to Jeb. My bad.

Mr. Arrogant on November 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I can see how you’d make that mistake.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Umm.. Fat a** traitors who tanked Mitt Romney’s campaign for their own political future need not apply. Ditto with the brothers of former Presidents. Blue state Rs weighing less than a gazillion pounds however may apply.

As for Christie and approval ratings… the orange oompa loompa in FL also had high approval ratings.

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Foxx’s statement was pathetic.

The young man’s character on Two and a Half Men will probably join the Army and never come back.

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

REALLY reaching.

cdog0613 on November 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Yeah…I was just wondering out loud. :-)

Could be. I just assumed he was looking after his state but his speech at the convention was very weak so people have built on that.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I pretty much figured he was doing what he thought was in the best interests of N.J. first as well, and what he knew would help his own cross-over appeal…but I find it hard to think that he did anything to intentionally hurt Romney. And it is true that his convention speech wasn’t what it should have been either.
I don’t even know what to make of that whole Springsteen thing he’s got going on…but those stories about it definitely struck me as bizarre.
I guess no matter what his intentions are, the guy is definitely making political mistakes with alot of Republicans.

lynncgb on November 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Love that pic. Barry the Destroyer has his most genuine, likeable fake smile on. Aww, that Barry is so warm and caring. It’s true. I saw him hug a woman in NJ, while the 300th person died from Fast and Furious.

bob77 on November 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Sometimes public figures get a bad image for no good reason. This can be corrected later.

a capella on November 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

NJ deserves him and can have him. His career stops at the state line.

Give Obama credit for smarts. That picture won him a huge number of votes. It’s like Romney getting a hug from Bill Clinton. The Republicans got so played. Will they learn? No.

Moesart on November 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Can you imagine, the producers probably feel like they have had stars go crazy on opposite ends of the spectrum. I agree, he can be written out easily enough. I’ve only caught the show a couple of time, not my cup of tea.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM

It was a bad move to have Christie speak at the convention. Dumber to let him open it.

We tried to warn you.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Cast about and thrash ‘baggers. It’s a simple fact that you got outplayed and the public in general kind of hates you. Just need to troll this site to see all the nasty mean back stabbing garbage. Two months ago this fat windbag was your crusader, not he’s a pariah.

Craven groupthink fanatics.

Katrina-poor people got what they deserved…Sandy? Americans got murdered by Barry.
Benghazi-a presidential cover up/human sacrifice for Moochelle. Tillman?…who?

You are frauds, pathetic, fake christian, tax sucking frauds.

tommyhawk on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I’m one of those who got snookered in, believing Christie was the exception to the rule. You just can’t be truly disappointed in someone unless you had some faith in them. I suspect that the reason people are so bitter about Christie’s duplicity is that they had initially seen him as something special, much like I did.

Murf76 on November 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Can only speak for myself, but self-serving DBs irritate me. Doesn’t matter how talented they may be, character counts and when I see none or go into the negatives (in Christie’s case), then I’m disinterested.

Not bitter, just that this person does not exist for me and if I am stuck having to acknowledge them it will not be in a positive manner.

Karma is a patient equalizer. It may take a decade, maybe even two, but it will come for its two bits. It won’t be pretty.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I want zero to do with New England Republicans let alone their twisted definition of conservative. Regardless, you dont have a chance Mr. Christie. If the Pug establishment brings in another squishy candidate i.e. McCain, Romney, Bush, Christie, et al., there will be a lot more than just 6 million Republicans that stays home next election but were not going to do that. We have to dismantle the republican establishment or begin a 3rd party. I thought I’d never say that but now it’s imperative for my vote and I’m a moderate conservative, always been and always will. I’m done with the Kristol’s in our party. It’s now follow or get out of the way and we have some muscle in this dynamic. Confidentiality precludes me from identifying folks but let’s just say some are in the newspaper and gambling business.

Tangerinesong on November 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Nothing surprising here. Do they have term limits? If not, he can spend the rest of his political life as NJ’s Gov if they want him. He might even shed a few pounds now that Hostess went belly up, unless he’s got a bunker full of Ho-Hos. If they have term limits, NJ elects a senator from time to time. Senator Christie has a decent ring to it. Could he be any worse than Ohio’s former governor-turned-senator Voinovich? (Note I tried to find a live link to Voinovich’s crying session on the senate floor over John Bolton’s nomination as UN Ambassador, but everything I found had been taken down . . . . hmmm)

Whether he did it knowingly or not, his poor presentation at the convention and his appearances with the GOP’s enemy down the stretch of the campaign amount to political suicide for his presidential aspirations.

He should have anticipated the impact those behaviors would have had. In both cases, he could have accomplished nearly the same benefit for himself and in the later case, his state, without giving aid and comfort to the Democrat nominee.

If he didn’t realize what effect those actions would have, then he’s just too dumb to hold the office.

Either way, he’s done as a viable GOP presidential candidate.

EconomicNeocon on November 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Craven groupthink fanatics.

Benghazi-a presidential cover up/human sacrifice for Moochelle. Tillman?…who?

You are frauds, pathetic, fake christian, tax sucking frauds.

tommyhawk on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

You sure you’re at the right place? I don’t recall there being much love for Christie at any point in time. More like polite disinterest.

Most of us were acutely aware he was a RINO, expected no more and were quite surprised that Romney (not us) were snookered by him. Mind you, we didn’t get the in person full court press that Romney did and we have seen how much of a bootlicker Christie can be.

Having said that, your screed makes no sense. Perhaps you shouldn’t start drinking so early in the day because if you want to insult us as least find some coherency.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM

lynncgb on November 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I can’t even begin to understand how these people think. The fact that they make decisions on their next possible campaign is what bothers me the most and it doesn’t help that Obama won by campaigning for the entire four years of his presidency. When someone comes out for gay marriage just before the election, after being against it the rest of their political career, you know they are mile wide and an inch deep. The fact that they are all like that is disappointing to say the least.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I’m with you, I was having a Twilight Zone moment. I don’t know which candidate lost Ann Coulter the most fans, Christie or Romney? I don’t think laughing when Christie dumps on the media or union members qualifies as a love fest.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Murf76 on November 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

100% agree.

Priscilla on November 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Nope. We just appreciate the performance art and the quietly remember what he *doesn’t* rail about. Of course, there’s always someone to kindly remind us of all his RINO qualities while we’re enjoying the show so we don’t get too invested.

Maybe Romney. IMHO, I don’t think many conservatives take Christie seriously or look upon him as anything more than a useful blowhard stuck in a blue state. Romney and supporting him was a bit more problematic as he actually (at the time) had a very good shot at winning the primary and is not really a conservative.

We see how that worked out.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

tommyhawk on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

You missed the school bus again, didn’t you?

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

For conservatives, Christie has a single positive issue. He fights Unions. That is it. Of course, I doubt he would be fighting them if his state was not bleeding debt, as that is what all his fights with unions are about. Getting them to give up money.

The rest of the person is a progressive. Love him if you want to. But you should love America far more and just say no to the man for anything beyond a progressive state politician.

Cult of personality is getting ridiculous in this nation. For politics, it needs to be a coalition of conservatism piled with more conservatism.

astonerii on November 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM

It doesn’t hold my interest, either.

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM

RINO!!

Blah blah blah. The guy responded to a natural disaster like a champ. Him praising Obama did not cost Romney the election, but his haters will continue to hate. It’s whatever.

nicktjacob on November 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I guess there might be some conservative out there yet to make an impact but for the last two elections our choices have sucked out loud. Please excuse my eloquence. I truly don’t think anyone could win in 2008, due to the “historical” moment but I thought Obama had FUBAR the country enough to give someone else a chance. But no. I’m sick and tired of being told that we have to have someone who is like them. If I’m going to lose, I want there at least to be a difference. That said, I do think Gov. Romney would have at least improved the economy and that was my only concern this time out. Apparently the rest of the nation enjoys unemployment and high prices. Who knew?

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM

nicktjacob on November 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I agree. As long as I don’t have to vote for him, he is swell.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM

+1 ROFL.

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

RINO!!

nicktjacob on November 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

You mean his overshare about The Bruce? Yes, that’s the action/behavior of a “champ”.

Did someone forget to tell him that Obama is obliged to give federal relief even without the tongue bath? That he could pretend that Obama was a union member if he didn’t give federal funds?

Yes, that sounds like a “champ”.

Now it is debatable whether it made any difference, but there is no debate as to the unprofessionalism of acting like a fanboy.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM

astonerii on November 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

This is how they get us. Even our own folks beat up on conservatives. They either aren’t conservative enough or too conservative to be elected. We discard the flawed for the electable and they aren’t that either. It’s a good thing I have four years to see any light at the end of this tunnel.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Maybe he means “champ” like Allah does when he calls Obama that. Always tickles me.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I will not support him this next election. I’ll vote for Cody.

lostinjrz on November 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I agree with you on 2008. There was no stopping the white guilt and the “historical” moment.

Honestly, most people have absolutely no clue what’s going on and what the next four years is going to bring. We do because we make the effort, but the majority just suck on the electric teat for eight hours a day and as long as the trains run don’t care. They’re in for a rude awakening and who knows may stay awake afterwards.

Or not. The apathy and allure of letting someone else do the heavy lifting may have taken over no matter the true cost.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Allah’s the king of snark. This guy, I don’t think so. IMHO it was a compliment. ;)

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I believe that some of those who appeared here as “Romney supporters” after the last Open Registrations, sowed dissension on purpose, like the one who appeared earlier in the thread, and Jailbreak (TheWall, etc.).

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM

tommyhawk on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Einstein award for 2012!

Schadenfreude on November 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

69% of Garden State Republicans approve of Christie’s work with Barack Obama.

They make fools indignant and intelligence too.

Schadenfreude on November 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Meh.

I feel the same way about this as I would hearing about a Democratic Governor having high approval ratings.

Who cares? Christie is dead to me.

Norwegian on November 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

He will be running for president in 2016. I wish him luck. Anyone is better than Obama.

SC.Charlie on November 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM

In fairness, who is out there? I’m not in a hopeful place right now. I’ll get over it, it’s not my nature to be like that but I can almost understand the people kim roy describes. Low-info voters is giving them more credit than they deserve. I guess calling them stupid is too harsh.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Anyone is better than Obama.

SC.Charlie on November 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Yeah, well he won’t get to run on that and it didn’t work last time.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

The fact that they are all like that is disappointing to say the least.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I know…it all can be rather disheartening. I don’t know if we will ever be able to change much, but I’ll keep fighting and hoping.

lynncgb on November 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I know. That’s why comments are down around here right now. Everyoe is discouraged and trying to get going again.

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

69% of Garden State Republicans approve of Christie’s work with Barack Obama.

This is why I’m no longer a Republican.

Mr. Arrogant on November 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Yep, throw in the holiday season and it’s very slow. I’ve had company for the last two weeks so that is part of my excuse. I hope all those folks come back but it is nice seeing some new names. It’s amazing how many new names I am seeing.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

nicktjacob on November 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Wrong, tubby did cost romneycare the election and re-elect satan.

Before Sandy, Romney was up 3-5 points in the polls. After, Gov. Obese invited him to NJ for all the photo opts and free publicity Obama ends up winning.

Do you think, that if Fatso didn’t invite Obama romney would have won Florida, Virgina, Ohio and possibly Colo and the presidency, I certainly think so.

Danielvito on November 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I’m worried about Flora Duh. I haven’t seen her here or on Twitter.

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

lostinjrz on November 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

If he is fixing New Jersey’s problems would you still vote for Cody?

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM

kingsjester on November 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

That’s a shame, she is a real asset. I think Bmore has her email address, I’ll write him and see if he will check on her.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

The Fool

Schadenfreude on November 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

As with Jeb Bush…

Christie?!

G.O.P. = R.I.P.

Tea Party 2016.

Czar of Defenestration on November 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Springsteen called & Christie wept. ‘Nuff sed.

BHO Jonestown on November 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Two months ago this fat windbag was your crusader, not he’s a pariah.

tommyhawk on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Of course Ed’s going to write Chrisie was an awesomely awesome choice for the RNC convention and Clinton was an awful, terrible choice for the DNC convention. What else could he say? Don’t be fooled, though, everyone’s extremely clued in and all know exactly that Christie is a liberal RINO. Here’s a bunch of comments including mine from that thread:

Will he call people “bigots” for knowing more about Islam than he does? That’d be a nice touch.

Akzed on August 14, 2012 at 8:45 AM

If I wanted to watch a herd of RINOS I’d go to the zoo.

katy the mean old lady on August 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM

His pro-Muslim, anti-gun ways are not going to play very well in the Heartand.

kingsjester on August 14, 2012 at 9:26 AM

The keynote speaker should’ve been CONSERVATIVE. Christie is good for NJ-but he’s no conservative.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Christie and Romney are NE RINO’s (anti 2nd amendment, pro-Islamist, for socialized medicine, etc, etc.). Yes, they are better than NE Dems, but so is Mike Castle.

sauldalinsky on August 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Well that’s one speech i won’t be watching..I can’t support this big dhimmi and i hope he doesn’t get a important position in the Romney administration

sadsushi on August 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

sauldalinsky on November 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM

The fact that they are all like that is disappointing to say the least.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

lynncgb on November 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Ladies! We can’t give up. If we’re going to go down with the ship we do it on our feet, right?

It just never hurts to be clear about what we’re dealing with and calling people who refuse/don’t want to/can’t learn or think “stupid” is not mean, but accurate. Maybe “willfully ignorant”, then?

Hang in there. Just have to get our bearings and assess.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Long may he reign.

In New Jersey.

CorporatePiggy on November 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

The Fool

Schadenfreude on November 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

A politician made an empty promise for a photo op???

Let me find my shocked face… wait… =8O

Now off to fine Claude Raines.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM

He’s had a hard time. It was particularly offensive when people on both sides cracked wise about him using a helicopter to make attend a last minute event.

You try transporting 500lb of jello at high speed on NJ roads.

Racists.

CorporatePiggy on November 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM

If he is fixing New Jersey’s problems would you still vote for Cody?

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Codey did a pretty good job when he was Gov. I would rather vote for Codey, knowing who he is, than vote for Christie and be betrayed again. Christie only thinks of himself.

lostinjrz on November 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I hope Christie stays in NJ forever whether he’s gov or not. Good riddance to turned turnips.

Fuquay Steve on November 27, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I would vote for a Big Mac before I voted for Christie.

Marcus Traianus on November 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM

By the way, maybe Mr. Obama is available to help his campaign.

Christie can play Santa and Obama can throw our money at people.

Marcus Traianus on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM

We will get better. I don’t know when but we will get better.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Christie should enjoy it while he can because it will not last. People are getting very upset with the speed of helping the Sandy homeless.
Sooner or later it will get out that the Guv’s people parked all of the NJ Transit trains in a low lying area next to a swamp and that 75% of the Train Engines/Cars in the Fleet were destroyed. Even though they were warned to move the Trains to higher ground.

Cory Booker runs into burning buildings to save people and is a reasonable and responsible Dem politician (no Jon Corizine here!) He has an excellent chance in November.

Christie will lose Teachers, Firefigters, Cops, about 30-40% of his republican base, minorities and all the Dems that think he is wonderful now because he just helped OBAMA

Natebo on November 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM

We will get better. I don’t know when but we will get better.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Oh, absolutely….they can take alot from us, but they will never be able to take away our spunk!

lynncgb on November 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Ed has been called a lot of things in his life, but “conservarive” has never been one of them.

bw222 on November 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Natebo on November 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Cory will be getting a contribution from me – my first ever to a Dem.

bw222 on November 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I would vote for Cory Booker. I would vote for Christie if he didn’t go out of his way to campaign for Obama.

lostinjrz on November 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Not sure why I should care about this. Of course the people in his state love him. He gets a massive boner at the thought of hugging Obama, just like they do.

WarEagle01 on November 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Got some perspective on New York-New Jersey/Sandy from a buddy in forensics who has spent much time there. He said there are neighborhoods near the shore that got blasted. They are typically low laying bungalows built on mason foundations in the sand. Most of them had been second homes for working class people to vacation in and rent part time but now those long time owners are retiring into them after selling their other houses.

They are valued at very high rates based on their location but are not typically quality structures. They are having extremely high claims being requested by the owners. Insurance companies are balking at paying the claims because the replacement costs for like standard houses are way lower and building codes will not allow it anyway. In many cases those folks are looking to made whole with new construction that is far more durable than what they had.

100 yards inward and up the hill there is little damage and life is going on.

DanMan on November 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

What panders in New Jersey stays in New Jersey.

claudius on November 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM

The fat Charlie Crist known as Chris Christie can go straight to hell, for all I care.

bluegill on November 27, 2012 at 8:56 AM

some of you are simply….evil.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I hope he loves being governor of New Jersey because that’s the highest elected office he’ll ever occupy.

dczombie on November 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM

How dare Governor Christie do his job and what is right for the citizens of New Jersey when he could have been propagandizing for Romney. Doesn’t he know “Conservatives” view of a great Governor is one who quits halfway through their term to become a failed Reality TV “star?”

TEPJoePa on November 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Yes.. because we totally should all be fans of fat self-serving RINOs using natural disasters to further their own political careers and score Springsteen tickets while aiding the reelection of another self-serving politician and screwing over an ally on the process. Of course, since liberal trolls like Can.I.be.in.the.middle love the fact that Barry, our benevolent god king was reelected and don’t get why conservatives might not be thrilled.

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Umm.. If you’ve read any of our posts rather than just being the latest Axelrod trolls, then you’d know that neither bluegill nor I are fans of Palin. We just don’t see Christie’s actions as being different from Palin’s

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

So, what does Sarah Palin have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing, but the Harpies just cannot let it die. Sarah Palin lives rent-free 24/7 in what passes for a Harpy mind.

My guess is that you and the “finned one” constantly trash any woman who is smarter, better looking or has accomplished more, which keeps you very busy.

bw222 on November 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Of course you don’t. You’re both deranged and can’t tell the difference between a true Conservative and a RINO squish.

idesign on November 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM

We tried to warn you.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Good thing that Palin and Perry didn’t speak at the convention.

We might have lost the election.

Could you have imagined facing 4 more years of Obama.

tonotisto on November 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Holy off topic thread derailment, Batman. If they cared here about enforcing the TOS you might get banned.

Having said that, please direct me to the link where it clearly shows Palin gratuitously bootlicking Obama or any other dem politician.

Thanks in advance.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Of all New Jersey legends (of which there are few) comes a mythical story from the late 70′s in the town of Livingston of an adventurous young man dressed in a bed sheet, a towel wrapped around his head and riding a saddled pig.Town folks spoke in awe of this man (if indeed he was human and not some gift bestowed from Mt Olympus by Zeus) as LAWRENCE OF NEW JERSEY.

On warm summer evenings-through mosquito infested swamps and orange-colored chemically impregnated rivers, across automobile junkyards and around garbage treatment plants of beautiful New Jersey could be heard the familiar squeal of Lawrence’s faithful pig and, indeed, of Lawrence himself crying “It never hoits (hurts) to kiss ass.” In fact emblazoned on Lawrence’s shield was a coat of arms showing a man’s head, up to his shoulders), buried in an anal cavity with the inscription beneath stating AVOID A WAIT. INGRATIATE!

Albeit we have not yet positively established that the legendary Lawrence of New Jersey and Gov. Chris Christie are, in fact, the same person, the coincidences are rather overwhelming don’t you think?

MaiDee on November 27, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Meh.. Christie will never be Pres.

NE Gov’s are out of the loop for a while anyway (read Duk/Rom).

For that matter, NE Sen’s don’t fare to well lately either (excepting JFK, if you consider 50 years ago lately).

tonotisto on November 27, 2012 at 5:05 PM

TEPJoePa on November 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

What’s the matter did the thread count bat light go on? Nice try.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Umm.. Palinistas. Read above. Go after the new Axelrod troll, TEPJoePa, who was defending butterball and slamming your girl with his reference about governors quitting. Which is hilarious considering he’s basically attacking bluegill.

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Which is hilarious considering he’s basically attacking bluegill.

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Yeah, well bluegill is a loon also.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Because we aren’t keen on losing in a landslide to Clinton in 2016?

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Won’t 2016 be fun? We’ll have a fat loud-mouthed RINO slob and a drunken failed Secretary of State to choose from. No thanks. 2012 might just have been the last presidential election I’ll vote in. It’ll be entertaining to watch, though. Shrill and shriller. And the whole world laughs.

Rational Thought on November 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Oh relax, or better yet, vote for Clinton.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM

69% of new jersey voters may call themselves Republican but they sure are not conservative.

The Notorious G.O.P on November 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I’m getting a de`ja’ vu experience reading the comments. I can imagine reading a blog in 2016 about presidential candidate Christie and about how we have to forget about he helped Obama get re-elected because he is at least better than the Democrat candidate. I’ll never forget.

Christie was a gift to Obama’s low information, last minute deciding voters. The only upside to this story is Christie was not chosen for VP.

HellCat on November 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Eh, I don’t think Christie helped Obama get reelected but I think he did untold damage to himself. Plenty of governors on both sides of aisles have accepted help from the federal government without the snow job Christie put on. Going all girl over Springsteen was a real vote getter also.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Eh, I don’t think Christie helped Obama get reelected……

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I did not think so either until I read a couple of the exit polls.

Many of the “late deciders” stated that the Christie lovefest with Obama was a determining factor in thier vote, a bipartison event showing the President working along side of the Repub Gov.

Most of these sheep do not pay attention to much outside their Reality TV based lives. A TV based event like this one swayed thier ignorant self absorbed minds.

tonotisto on November 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Anyone is better than Obama.

SC.Charlie on November 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

…so…is Lawn Gnome President yet?

KOOLAID2 on November 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM

The Republican Party so deserves Rino Ralph Kramden.

james23 on November 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

idesign on November 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Funny what brings you out.

CW on November 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Rational Thought on November 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM

At this rate I won’t be able to vote for anyone in good conscience even if we do have elections in 2016. Or enough of a Union left to bother voting for, for that matter, short of a 3rd-party win in all three branches of gov’t.

MelonCollie on November 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Good for Christie. He can stay in New Jersey!

AnnaS on November 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Illinidiva on November 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ummmm. Why don’t you refer to something instead of appearing to talk out of nowhere because we may have skipped or not seen that post, which in my case is true.

Otherwise, how in the world are we to know what you are referring to? Guess?

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

tonotisto on November 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Then they are sure in for a bunch of surprises!

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

More poll denial. You people will never learn. I gotta get out of your. All of you are political losers. Independency, here I come.

rubberneck on November 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Poll denial? Here’s one you might have missed: November 6 2012. Romney loses while winning indies. And here you are still spouting that same old dumbass mantra, tossing moderate Dems and now Hispaincs for good measure. Let’s pander some more and then we’ll win in a landslide!!!! YOU are why the GOP are such a losing party. So Christie kisses Obama’s ass and then rises in the polls in a liberal state…and that means he’s viable nationally. LOL

ddrintn on November 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM

72% approval rating? how about a 945 cholestrol count and 280/190 BP and daily caloric intake of about 6,000?

deimos on November 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Funny what brings you out.

CW on November 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM

You too. You still hanging loose to see what Red Team mannequin to pimp next? Gotta take your lead from NRO or something?

ddrintn on November 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM