Quotes of the day

posted at 10:58 pm on November 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Even as the White House and lawmakers signal optimism about reaching a grand bargain to avert the fiscal cliff before the New Year, President Obama’s liberal allies were battening down the hatches on their position: no cuts to entitlement benefits, at all.

MoveOn.org would not get behind any deal that reduced Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security benefits, said Ilya Sheyman, campaign director for the liberal group. The AFL-CIO, the nation’s largest labor federation, is equally adamant that benefits should not be cut.

“Our principles are non-negotiable and if the cost for getting the speaker of the House on board is to do something like cut taxes yet again for the rich or cut benefits to the social safety net, we are opposed,” said AFL-CIO spokesman Jeff Hauser, who added that it was better to go over the “fiscal slope” than to bend to Republican demands.

***

White House spokesman Jay Carney said today that Social Security is one entitlement program that should be addressed on a “separate track.”

“We should address the drivers of the deficit and Social Security currently is not a driver of the deficit,” Carney told reporters today. The senior retirement program is solvent for another 21 years, at which time recipients could see a reduction in benefits…

“I don’t think you can look at entitlement reform without adjusting the age for retirement,” Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Sunday. “I don’t expect the Democrats to go for premium support or a voucher plan, but I do expect them to adjust these entitlement programs before they bankrupt the country and run out of money themselves.”

***

Endorsed by Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and by Representative Peter King of New York, the Chambliss decision — one that put him on the other side of Grover Norquist and the conservative base — is reminiscent of what began happening among Democrats in the aftermath of the 1984 Reagan landslide. Old allegiances to traditional Democratic constituencies were re-examined; the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) urged office holders and candidates to adopt centrist rhetoric and a promarket orientation.

It worked. In the 1990s Bill Clinton became the first two-term Democratic president since FDR, and Al Gore — another early DLCer — won the popular vote in 2000. The climatic moment of the New Democrat ascendancy came in 1996, when Clinton declared that “the era of big government” was over.

Republicans are overdue for their own rethinking. After the exhaustion of the first decade of the new century, it’s understandable that such self-examination has been slow in coming, but it apparently has finally come. Whether the GOP is to be pragmatic in the mold of George H.W. Bush or more ideological in the mode of his son is a live question. The Chambliss-Graham-King moment suggests the debate is very much on.

***

If taxes are going up anyway because the Bush rates expire, and Republicans can stop them from going up as much as they otherwise would, then pledge-takers deserve some credit for that. Mr. Norquist says it violates his pledge to eliminate deductions without lowering rates, but at the current economic and political moment it is also a service if Republicans prevent tax rates from going up. Speaker John Boehner deserves some leeway to try to mitigate the damage by negotiating a larger tax reform.

All the more so if Mr. Boehner can also get Mr. Obama to agree to significant spending and entitlement reform. This means more than the usual suspects of cuts to doctors and hospitals and means-testing benefits for the affluent.

It means reforms—dotted-line commitments, not promises—that immediately reduce Medicare and Social Security liabilities, that terminate some discretionary programs, and that rein in such scandals as runaway Social Security disability payments. We doubt Mr. Obama will agree to much of this, but Republicans ought to try by putting their proposals out in the open where voters can see them.

The one thing Republicans shouldn’t do is join the media and Democratic chorus that Mr. Norquist and his pledge are the root of our political and economic woes. The real problems are a political class that won’t control its spending and economic policies that are retarding growth. That’s where the GOP should keep its public focus.

***

Who cares what Grover Norquist thinks? Organizations such as his Americans for Tax Reform are all right, but irrevocable “pledges” not to do this or that — in this case, never to raise taxes — strike me as simplistic, and severely limit the possible courses of action for those candidates and legislators who sign them. Not that I’m in favor of raising taxes, mind you, nor opposed to something like a flat tax — which in fact I’ve advocated. But silly things like “pledges” do nothing to direct the taxation argument in a fruitful direction, and I don’t understand why Norquist looms so large in Republican thinking.

Then again, if the Democrats are really serious about soaking the rich, why don’t they come out in favor of replacing the income tax — which is basically a mechanism to prevent the upper-middle class from becoming wealthy — with a wealth tax?

***

How is this all going to get solved? Our model tells us that House Republicans have to either get their way or be bought off. The president either has to cave, allowing the Bush-era tax cuts to stay the same for the wealthy, or offer something to sweeten the deal. House Republicans owe their majority to the Tea Party. Getting them to vote for a tax-rate increase is not going to come cheap. One solution is a promise from the president and Democrats to reduce tax rates at some future date when paired with comprehensive tax reform. (Obama wants taxes to go up on those making over $250,000 now but is open to having those rates come back down as a part of reform.)

Would Republicans buy such a promise about the future? Why on earth would they trust that these lower rates would ever come to pass? One possible offering the president could make would be a major concession on Medicare and Medicaid. White House spokesman Jay Carney said the president was committed to hard choices. If he’s not going to bend on tax rates and has ruled out touching Social Security (as he essentially has), then there’s only one place left where the president can find real money in the budget-cutting game: health care entitlements. That would show that he was serious about shared sacrifice, and if the changes the president agrees to are large enough, they’d give Republicans cover to accept tough tax changes.

It would also be pretty big news. So let’s amend our model. If the president agrees to change the eligibility requirements for Medicare, that would be worth pausing during the office party. Then we’d have to see if House Republicans would buy it.

***

The world has changed and the economic situation is different. Ronald Reagan and Tip O’Neill realized that in the 1980s. I think everything should be on the table. I, myself, am opposed to tax increases. The fact is the speaker and the majority leader and the president are gonna be in a room, trying to find the best package. I’m not gonna prejudge it. And I’m just saying we should not be taking iron clad positions. I have faith in John Boehner to put together a good package.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Seems like everyone is gripped with the foreboding realization that we are being sucked into a maelstrom of discontent to habituate ourselves with common turds for all perpetuity.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

the worst thing about Republicans is that they’re stupid as hell.

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

profits and similarly on all movie star salaries and royalties over $1M per movie

AZfederalist on November 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Call that the new “windfall profits tax” — just to get an elbow in there. :)

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I don’t want to appear negative but flaming sh1t kabobs are being jammed down our throats.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

What’s the best thing?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

AZfederalist on November 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I like that idea. I’ve always wondered why the very “stars” arguing for TAX THE RICH, TAX THE RICH are (usually) the very wealthy ones. They demonize the golden parachutes of CEO’s while pocketing their $8 to $20 mil per picture…even if the film is a bust.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

It’s so much fun when shards of glass are being thrust between your ribs by the gops who are supposed to be the ones to stop libs from thrusting shards of glass into your ribs.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

What’s the best thing?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

They smell better…generally speaking.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM
SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Trollcott ya’ll. Please don’t feed the troll.

AZfederalist on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Have you considered a change of venue? You’ve had a couple bad days lately. You having bad days is like GopherGirl hearing gun-shots — it’s just wrong.

Also, for anyone feeling as though the spinning currents have brought into eternal association that and not-that, take heart: no unwilling associations are eternal.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Hi. I’m in a crummy mood. Why does everything seem crummy?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Trollcott ya’ll. Please don’t feed the troll.

AZfederalist on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Are you referring to Slade? If so, he’s not a troll.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

AZfederalist on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Is slade a Troll?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

It isn’t merely a fiscal cliff… it’s Wile E. Coyote jumping off the handouts cliff until the ACME parachute catches on a huge rock outcropping with the parachute shrouds quickly snapping, the extended whistling plummet of forementioned varmint until the pffft cratered impact shortly before the huge fractured rock outcropping falls solidly on top before the severed parachute slowly floats down to white sheet the entire spectacle. Beep beep.

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

It’s a mood thing with Slade.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Night all. Keep the faith, things will get better, but we are going to have to work to make that so.

AZfederalist on November 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

What’s the best thing?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

babies that are cute instead of dead

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Hi. I’m in a crummy mood. Why does everything seem crummy?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

That’s OK, Sparky. We’re all entitled to a few crummy moods/bad days. I have them myself. However, while the current admin & their cohorts will do their best to ruin us financially, I refuse to let them break my spirit. That’s what they are truly after…their ultimate goal.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Hi. I’m always sparky. But today I’m spark less. Maybe when that shiny moon goes away ill get normal again.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Slade is a super troll! except he prefers live babies and states rights, and marijuana

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Is slade a Troll?

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

No, Slade is NOT a troll.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Well they got the olfactory vote all locked up.

Hege.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:13 AM

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Nice imagery. And it made me smile. A twofer. :)

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

No, Slade is NOT a troll.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

thank you 4grace :) I know I make it hard on you :)

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Didn’t think so. I ignore trolls.

You are too smart to be a troll. Plus you smell good.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I know I make it hard on you :)

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

to think I’m not some liberal douchebag

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

It’s finding the army of legend in the valley where you fled, and dealing with the evidence of your eyes that this army could effortlessly retake your city, protect your people, and end your nightmare — and having your joy wind through horror to numb astonishment as it becomes clear that they simply won’t.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

One thing, people that have medical conditions are the ones in need. Not me, I’m healthy just having a crap day so I have no right to whine like a candy azz.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

thank you 4grace :) I know I make it hard on you :)

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Not at all, Slade. Not at all. I don’t know you as well as a few others, but I know you are passionate about the things you love…and hate.

(P.S. Nice to see you.)

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Norquist is a little weasel. It’s embarrassing that gutless Republicans have pledged their devotion to him. I understand his threat of retribution is enough to scare the timid and spineless. You make vows to your wife, country, & God…not Grover Norquist.

He was one of the biggest losers on election day. It is nice to see some Republicans finally show some cojones and stick up to this dim-witted political bully.

ZippyZ on November 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

You are too smart to be a troll. Plus you smell good.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Thanks, SP! I’m actually wearing my new perfume this evening. It’s called Disillusioned. ;)

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Haha. Good one. My underarm spray is called malaise.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I remain optimistic that if Wile E. Coyote can endure all manner of mayhem, scheming and destruction this episode yet somehow makes it to the next episode then so can America!

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Haha. Good one. My underarm spray is called malaise.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:25 AM

LOLOL. We might have to start our own line of products.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I must not be the only one. This thread only has 130 posts. Tons of people are disgusted.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Wait till Omaha sees the low thread count.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I think it’s a mixture of things. Personally, I just needed a break after the election. I had lived & breathed that crap for too long. I think some are just taking extended breaks, some are just too bummed to even bother, and some may not ever return.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

That’s what AZ and INC always go on about. :)

Bah. I’m going to keep laying evil-brick. I’m going to have this evil-fortress ready for sundry mayhem just in case you guys fail. If it goes down badly, at least I get to live in a castle shaped like a giant skull, and that’s always fun; if it goes well, I can just rent the rooms to upwardly mobile goths wanting to vay-cay “off the beaten path.”

Suppose I can just sell all this bottled water or something . . .

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

ZippyZ on November 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

O like M tollay G…r u serious?!

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM

+Post election drop;

+Holiday drop;

+A weird relief at having it settled. The good fight’s over; we lost (at least this battle). I don’t think it’s disillusionment as much as disgust with all of it and a desire to go do something else for a while.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

ZippyZ on November 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Yeah! cause more taxes on the rich will accomplish like…nothing and stuff.

Slade73 on November 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

the above is why the comments sections of conservative blogs have gotten so retarded the last few years…

mrks on November 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Thank you for this – interesting read and noted that some of our more irritating shills have wandered off now that the election is over. Funny one would think they’d hang around for the gloating but there was little of that from the more prolific. It seems once the job is done why bother.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

When I visited my parents a few weeks before the election…

My ex Navy Step Dad was exited over Obama killing Osama..

But when I played the “Obama..Obama we are all Osama know” video…

Silence…

I thought I had him..

I was wrong..

Electrongod on November 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Benghazi made no difference?? SMH.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Good evening, Axe.

I agree with you. I’ve been out of town for 6 days myself.

I would add one more reason to your list. I’ve lurked a few evenings and I must say that it makes for quite depressing reading. During the day, I get it. But, QOTD should still be a time when we can mix pleasure & laughter in with the pain. My 0.02.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Wait till Omaha sees the low thread count.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:31 AM

But it’s Egyptian Cotton.

Kenosha Kid on November 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

The problem is that many if not most of the political packages which Boehner puts together emit a worrisome ticking sound.

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Why does that entire essay read like a fictional argument that pro-Israel positions are paid positions?

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Depends on the site. Paul people are isolationists and want the US to move out of Israel (and all other countries, to be fair).

It would be quite easy to get some of them riled up if done properly.

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Wow that economy is speeding right along now. Crippled snails with no slime are blowing past that economy like it was standing still, because it is, no its going backwards.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Always remember that there’s nothing about November 6th, Li’l Mussolini, Congressional milquetoasts, senatorial mangy gits, the Mexicidal Eric Holder and Just-Us Benedict Roberts that a miracle can’t cure.

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Totally O/T, but I watched Cowboys and Aliens over the holiday. I had never seen it. So bad it’s good.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Haha. True.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Is that the one with Daniel Craig? If so, does he look good in it?

*checking list*

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Mark gets this mostly right.

For now the Democrat Party is the EVIL Party.

The GOP is the EVIL Stupid Party.

There is no home for the GOP base they are not welcome in their supposed Party.

It is time for the base to stand up and be heard loud and clear. Time for John Bonehead to be shown the door.

Steveangell on November 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Is that the one with Daniel Craig? If so, does he look good in it?

*checking list*

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Yes, Craig is in it! So is Harrison Ford. Some big name actors, director, and producers involved.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Ooooo. Nice. Will have to keep an eye out for it on netflix.

Thanks! :)

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Whenever I’m feeling annoyed or worried or royally p.o.’ed I always try to remember those famous wise words of Peter Finch in the film “Network.”:

“I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

kim roy on November 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

His body looks good, but I don’t think it’s his best look overall. I think he was trying to do his best Steve McQueen impression…or something.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM

ZippyZ on November 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Romney was by far the biggest loser.

But Norquist is a Muslim Jihadist of the political jihad variety. He does everything he can to make America a Muslim dominated Nation.

But he is 100%

Steveangell on November 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM

[rare entire comment deletion]

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

But he is 100%

Steveangell on November 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM

right on taxes.

Those that want the GOP to go along with higher taxes on the rich should just make it official and join the DNC. They are not Republicans in any real way.

The leadership of the GOP for now is just a part of the overall DNC/Media/Education machine. It’s aims the same of it’s parent organization the DNC.

Steveangell on November 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

[rare entire comment deletion]

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

My, that IS rare. :)

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

The Streets of Laredo – Marty Robbins

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

How to Train Your Dragon

^Accidentally. :) Really good.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I had a funny feeling I might run into you this week!
Good to see you, Jackie!

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

My, that IS rare. :)

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You just don’t know. :)

The Streets of Laredo – Marty Robbins

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Heya Jack.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Good evening, 4Grace! Good to see you! :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Romney still has all his many other accomplishments in 2012 just as Reagan still had all his many other accomplishments in 1976. I’m by no means saying they’re the same except that without politics both could, would and did have a life of many successes… unlike Oblamer who will always be that dirtbag ACORN dropout whose long term legacy of fraud will be Ozymandias and the Old Media as the empty sands stretched far beyond his trunkless legs of stone in the deserts of transient vanity.

viking01 on November 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Everyone has told me that they liked it. I actually bought it for my son a while back. Still haven’t watched it. I’ll make a point to see it in the near future.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Good evening, Axe! Now that we’ve buried that poor cowboy… maybe we can get on with the cocktail party!:)

You know… something that you said earlier resonates. The pendulum swings in a continuous arc. So the opposition is won. They weren’t at the top of their arc. That was ’08. They barely squeaked it out this time. The pendulum has already started swinging back in our direction.

I look at it this way…. we’re already half way through with Obama… and that much closer to the pendulum arcing on our side. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bad Company – Bad Company

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

is=has

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Always nice to have some Bad Company over to the house. ;)

Don’t know where Dire is, but this one is for him.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Excellent choice, 4Grace! I’m sure he’d appreciate it, too. :)

Like you, I don’t see any reason to allow the opposition to take away our joy or natural resilience. We’re made of sterner stuff than that! :)

Besides, there’s nothing they can do that can’t be undone, with the singular exception of loss of life itself, of course. Short of that… we can fix or rebuild whatever they manage to damage or destroy. That’s the really wonderful thing about conservatives and Republicans, too, in that we aren’t afraid of a little hard work. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Sweet guitar for Jackie.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

White Bird – It’s a Beautiful Day

This one’s for you 4Grace… because I recall that you liked it. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Thanks, 4Grace! That’s one of my favorites… and very apropos these days, too. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:28 AM

is=has

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

K — but Shakespeare would is won with a flourish of his goose feather, if he needed “victorious” in one syllable. :)

English. Like chemistry, but with fewer primary symbols. Also, fewer trips to the nurse. Also, I passed it.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Ha. I actually put that one & Girl With No Eyes on my iPod. Can’t believe they weren’t there already. I played those songs constantly back in the day.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

*Usually.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

LOL! Me, too, oddly enough! I also managed an ‘A’ in physics…but hated organic chemistry. Go figure! :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Lolz. I completely relate to that comment.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Wonderful Tonight – Clapton/Knopfler

Just because I like it… and 4Grace got me in the mood with her tunes. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Funny. Great pick. I know because I couldn’t decide between the one I played and this one.

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

We’re almost always in sync with the tunes. Its uncanny, really. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Still up because I STILL have to clean up the kitchen. I’ve been watching storm front video. No sillies, not THAT storm front-this Storm Front.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

@Spark

Stop moving a minute so I can lock this satellite. I’m using DSL.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

THWACK

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Have You Heard – Moore

A little mellow blues… and fabulous guitar. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Good evening, ALT. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

People take their post-apocalyptic zombies very, very seriously.

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM

[rare entire comment deletion]

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Ed made me thread moderator so I had to delete your comment so that no minds would be corrupted by it.

Hi Jackie.

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM

THWACK

Axe on November 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Awww, you’re just hatin’ because I have the totally most awesomest taste in music. * That tenor(Jeff Solano) is a fiiine piece of humanity.*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 2:47 AM

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Good evening, Spark! Very nice to see you, as always. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:47 AM

A little mellow blues… and fabulous guitar. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Awesome, Jackie. It’s past time for me to retire to bed and that’s a lovely way to finish off my evening.

Great to see you again!

Goodnight!

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I’ll Take Care of You – Hart/Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Good evening, ALT. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Evenin! My beloved is going to soon wonder why the hell his ‘bride’ of 10+ years is still on the effing ‘net rather than in bed. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM

4Grace on November 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Goodnight, 4Grace. It was wonderful ‘seeing’ you again. Sleep well.:)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM

lol! Sometimes it’s difficult to sleep. Look at me…I finished a chapter… and wandered over to check out the QOTD. :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Physics D-
Ordinary Differential Equations D+
Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems D-
Quantum Field Theory F+
Gender Studies A+

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 2:51 AM

SparkPlug on November 27, 2012 at 2:51 AM

LOL!

Why is it that I think you’re pulling our legs about those poor grades? :)

thatsafactjack on November 27, 2012 at 2:53 AM