Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on November 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

The full statement from the State Department’s Victoria Nuland is below:

The decisions and declarations announced on November 22 raise concerns for many Egyptians and for the international community. One of the aspirations of the revolution was to ensure that power would not be overly concentrated in the hands of any one person or institution. The current constitutional vacuum in Egypt can only be resolved by the adoption of a constitution that includes checks and balances, and respects fundamental freedoms, individual rights, and the rule of law consistent with Egypt’s international commitments. We call for calm and encourage all parties to work together and call for all Egyptians to resolve their differences over these important issues peacefully and through democratic dialogue.

***

“What I am working to achieve is political and economic stability. This is what I want,” Morsi told his followers at the palace. “I am not worried about the presence of opposition. I am careful to allow a strong opposition that will strictly monitor me. My decisions were aimed at preserving our nation, our people, and the revolution.”…

“I don’t like, and don’t want, and there is no need, to use exceptional measures,” Morsi said. He hinted that members of the judiciary and Mubarak-era officials “are gnawing the bones of the nation” and they “must be held accountable.”

“The state is crumbling. The law is being completely sidestepped. We are now a lawless country,” said protester Nermin Tahoon. “Morsi disguised the revolution’s demands into a twisted package so he could assume all power. Since when was he a revolutionary? He’s barely a reformist. He simply wants power for him and his followers.”

***

Assailants attacked the hundreds of protesters who marched on Egypt’s High Judiciary Court in downtown Cairo to protest against Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s recent decree granting himself near-absolute powers, including freeing his decisions from judicial review and ordering retrials for former top officials, including his predecessor, the deposed Hosni Mubarak.

The protesters gathered in front of the High Court as members of the Judiciary General Assembly mulled measures to oppose Morsi’s highly-controversial decree.

They chanted “the people demand the downfall of the regime” and “Freedom, Bread, the dissolution of constituent assembly,” in reference to the embattled Islamist-dominated constitution writing body.

***

In a statement, the Supreme Judicial Council called his move “an unprecedented attack on the independence of the judiciary and its rulings,” and called on him to reverse it.

Judges and prosecutors in Egypt’s second city Alexandria have gone on strike in protest, saying they will not return to work until the decree is reversed.

The BBC’s Jon Leyne in Cairo says the response of the judges has been tough, if fairly predictable.

There had been reports that the council was about to disband the constituent assembly for a second time, he added, a move that could seriously derail the transition to democracy and further delay new parliamentary elections.

***

The judges’ council’s stand against the president sets the ground for an uneasy alliance between former regime officials and activist groups that helped topple Mubarak’s regime and have in the past derided those officials as “felool,” or remnants.

The presidents’ opponents nonetheless see the judiciary as the only remaining civilian branch of government with a degree of independence, since Morsi already holds executive power and as well as legislative authority due to the dissolution of parliament…

[Morsi] removed on Thursday the country’s longtime attorney general, widely seen as a Mubarak holdover who did not effectively pursue the many cases against former regime officials accused of corruption, and ordered the retrial of former officials if new evidence against them is brought forth.

The ousted attorney general, Abdel Maguid Mahmoud, appeared before the judges’ club on Saturday — his first public appearance since Morsi’s decree. He was greeted by raucous applause and cries of “Illegitimate! Illegitimate!” in reference to the president’s decision, and read out a statement saying judicial authorities are looking into the legality of the president’s decision to remove him.

***

“There is no room for dialogue when a dictator imposes the most oppressive, abhorrent measures and then says ‘let us split the difference’,” ElBaradei said in an interview with Reuters and The Associated Press after talks with opposition figures.

ElBaradei, who said he expected to be coordinator of a new opposition National Salvation Front, said Morsi’s declaration threatened Egypt’s troubled transition to democracy and actions were needed to stop a “cycle of violence”…

“I am waiting to see, I hope soon, a very strong statement of condemnation by the US, by Europe and by everybody who really cares about human dignity,” ElBaradei said, speaking from his villa on the outskirts of Cairo.

***

Perhaps the highest priority is to take over the court system by appointing Islamist judges. During the late Mubarak regime, judges were among the most courageous of dissidents, issuing decisions the government doesn’t like. After the revolution, judges gave rulings against the Brotherhood’s goals, for example, saying that the election of parliament—which is three-quarters Islamist—was illegal. Mursi wants to reverse this ruling by decree rather than face new elections where Islamist vote totals will probably plummet.

The other key institutions are the armed forces, where top generals have already resigned, and the religious establishment. While the chiefs of Egypt’s religious system, including the powerful mosque-university al-Azhar, are hardly liberal, they are also not systematic Islamists or Brotherhood supporters. Once such people are replaced with loyalists, the Brotherhood will have the power to define Islam itself…

The Egyptian regime’s cooperation on a Gaza ceasefire, then, was in large part intended to defuse any reaction against its movement toward dictatorship at home. It is doubtful, for example, that the Obama administration will condemn the new decree giving Mursi total power in the country. And Egypt will get almost $10 billion in aid from the United States, European Union, and International Monetary Fund, even as it becomes a repressive, Islamist state.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Now this is brain bleach

YUMMY

gophergirl on November 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM

KCB on November 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I’m polishing that one up now, have another at about the same stage, , and two more in the pipeline. I’ve been planning this transition for a long time. :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I missed you guys, too. I’ve been on a hiatus. I had my hands full shutting down my consulting business. I no longer accept most projects, the only exception will be from my conservative friends in the industry. I’m now, officially, a novelist, full time! :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Hey girl, glad you’re back from rehab, er, hiatus. Sounds like all is well. Now, go get me a Crown Royal on the rocks with a splash of water and get the girls back into the pool. ;-)

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM

We made it past 100 posts?

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Now this is brain bleach

YUMMY

gophergirl on November 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM

gg, I love ya, but you’ve gotta quit posting those pictures of me. The agents and attorneys and all get hissy fits over it. ;-)

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM

You know where the bar is, TXUS! Help yourself. Good to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hee hee :)

gophergirl on November 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Skateaway – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Glad your back. Hope you caught up on work. We all missed ya. :)

arnold ziffel on November 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM

There’s a story today about a fire at the State Department which left three seriously injured.

How much Benghazi evidence got conveniently burned was not specified.

viking01 on November 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM

You read my mind.

katy the mean old lady on November 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I am still struggling with my consulting business..

So far it matches my year health insurance premiums..
But by 2014…

I am screwed..

Unless Obama can change his ways..

LOL

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

arnold ziffel on November 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Good evening, Arnold! I missed your piercing green eyes, too! :) It’s good to see you! :) How have you been?

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Rubio is quoting Jay Z lyrics? I think this is what you call – trying too hard.

Rubio

gophergirl on November 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Hey, she puts her pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us boys.

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 9:14 PM

What makes you think us boys are wearin’ pants?

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You’re into wearing “kilts”?

I never would have suspected.

listens2glenn on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

If we swapped Eqypt, Obama for Morsi, how would anyone be able to tell the difference?

VorDaj on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Hwllo, Cozmo! How soon they forget! :) Maybe THIS will jog your memory! :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Oh great, treat me like Pavlov’s dog already! You know that tune is eight minutes long!

And I’ve been workin’ all day on a particular character. Blew my concentration right out of the water with those silver pants.

Sure. Anytime you like.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM

What genre?

Still at the gun show?

viking01 on November 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Skipped it today, my muse showed up.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I hear you! ObamaCare is brutal, alright! I’ve been thinking about that jerk and the progressives, lately. I’m thinking that he’s going to welch on all of his promises to them, too.

If they get a general amnesty ( I’m thinking we get stuck with the DREAMERS and their families at a minimum)

If he goes for Gay Marriage whole hog…

If he gave them single payer…

If he committed us to Global Warming extortion completely…

If he got complete gun control through…

what would the Democrats have to threaten their base with in the next general election? They’d have no reason to turn out of they get their wish list. I’m thinking he screws them over…again… to keep the base jumping to the snap of the whip.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

VorDaj on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Not in the USA..

If we changed Americans for the protesting Egyptians….would we be able to tell the difference?

Nope..
Because we still have our traitorous Media..

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

You’re into wearing “kilts”?

listens2glenn on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Nope.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

You know where the bar is, TXUS! Help yourself. Good to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Good to see you, too. And, damn, I wasn’t thinking when I asked you to get me a cocktail. It’s probably best that you follow the rehab rules for a while and not get near the stuff. Sorry. ;-)

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Give them what they want…

8 million less voted for Obama this time around..

Though I don’t have the stats..

But I am sure that many of them didn’t vote because they got what they wanted..

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

While all of this Distraction is occurring – a momentary pause from HA Tearing the GOP Apart – the following items are still true:

1. Corzine has COMPLETELY gotten away with STEALING MILLIONS from MF Global WITHOUT a scintilla of Media Coverage, and

2. NO New Unemployment Figures have been published or DISCUSSED – and The Media is IGNORING The Topic….

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

These are the projects I’m working on at the moment:

First up is a noir-style mystery set in old Hollywood. It was inspired by the still unsolved William Desmond Taylor murder.

Second up is a Gothic Fiction/Fantasy piece. No vampires or werewolves…real Gothic Fiction… think Henry James’ ‘Turn of the Screw’ in an old, destroyed, harbor town.

Third in line is an Edwardian period piece… sort of a dramatic comedy.

Forth in line is a horror piece laced into a Gothic framework.

Fifth…something I just started…is a psychological thriller set in the modern digital age.

I like to keep a lot of things in the pipeline so that, (A)if I get bored or frustrated with a piece I can move to something else for awhile, and, (B) when I finish one I always have this sense of loss…because I’m out of that world that I’ve created… so it helps if I have others in progress.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Because America kept Obama in President..
We are all saved now..

Seriously…

Take a look outside…

OK..
Tomorrow when the sun comes up..

Look at all those help wanted signs …everywhere..

It’s like 2006 all over again…

LOL

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

…because I’m out of that world that I’ve created…

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Not if you create a world. It just keeps growing, but all those dang squirrel tangents are distracting.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Very funny! lol! Truth is I’ve never been that attracted to alcohol or any other substance. I prefer to remain lucid and observant. :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

There are “wheels in the sky that keep on turning”..

Seriously..

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Getting by like the rest of you guys. Just waiting to see what surprises are coming for the country that I don’t know anymore.

arnold ziffel on November 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

That’s interesting. I view it as a matter of finishing one novel and moving on to the next. I don’t look at my work in terms of sequels. I think it comes from seeing what the industry does with sequels. I finish them… and take my hands away… and move on to the next one.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Romeo and Juliet- Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM

arnold ziffel on November 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I tell you honestly…the only way I’m getting through this is to remember that we’re already half through with Obama and his progressive friends.

I’m just sitting back, buckled up, and waiting for the ride to be over. :)

I’ve also been writing well placed letters to my congressmen, particularly in regards to ObamaCare and immigration. :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM

What makes you think us boys are wearin’ pants?

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Well, call me old fashioned, but I’ve always thought it a good thing for us guys to start the day in pants and, with luck, letting the cotton fly some time after dinner. Unless, you’re with a Swedish woman, who prefers they are lost before and after dinner. But, if you’re into wearing other attire at any time of day, like a sun dress or whatever, who am I to judge?

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

– Are they gone, yet?

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Good evening, Axefellow! Nice to see you!:)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I think it comes from seeing what the industry does with sequels.
thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The whole industry is changing.

If you can create a world like Clancy did, you have more control. Especially if it is developed further along than you let on. At least that is the feedback I have been getting.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Wife and daughter are away camping. Just me and the dogs ’til tomorrow afternoon. Though they are lookin’ at me kind of funny.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I’m toying with the notion. I’ve got some solid work along those lines. I even think of Hammet’s work, Chandler’s, or Stout’s. Of course, everyone thinks in terms of the seamless world Conan Doyle built.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Though they are lookin’ at me kind of funny.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Remember when Home Land Security had that color code thing?

You have a Red alert..

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Why Worry- Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I’m still laying low, after my kilt wisecrack. : )

listens2glenn on November 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

sharrukin:Why yes,its the Madeline Albright Collection!(sarc):)

canopfor on November 24, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Heh. :) Hi, Canada. From the Festive Nutcracker Christmas line. :)

Good evening, Axefellow! Nice to see you!:)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hi, Stranger! :)

Your fingers are all inky.

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I hope chaps are OK.

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Yes! Isn’t it wonderful? :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

You have a Red alert..

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

As long as it ain’t a red shirt.

I’m toying with the notion.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Be careful though, it can be all consuming. When my muse shows up, I can become engrossed. Then spend hours researching SDI, or historical examples of “kill sacks”…or talkin’ with ex-small unit recon types about tactics…or…

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I already suffer from that muse induced malady! I think it’s endemic to writing.

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I’m still laying low, after my kilt wisecrack. : )

listens2glenn on November 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Go ahead, I’m in such a good mood that not even viewing the silver pants with no wife around on a Saturday could break it. Though the pastel shorts on skater legs looked particularly fetching.

I got ten good pages of notes and an ambush worked out today.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Fade To Black – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

you DID have a marvelous day! Well done, Coz! I’ve been enjoying similar productivity! Makes me fell like I can breathe. :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Cloudy Day – J.J. Cale

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Now if I could just figure out story flow on this thing…too linear and it gives away surprises, but too many flashbacks get frustrating.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

All right. I want a paragraph or a stanza. Everyone. If it doesn’t violate any first publication rights — pick something unencumbered or an early draft.

I’ll be lurking. Haven’t turned this machine on in a bit. :) Need to blow out some pipes.

Unless you are all wimps, in which case — maturely — I double dog dare you.

//lurkmode

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Is it workable to use the flashbacks in bigger chunks? String the one’s together that make sense as a separate story-within-a-story kind of context and set them up as sub-chapters? Or perhaps set the flashback entirely in one piece…tell the tale the flashbacks tell in one chunk?

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Maybe chunk it. Tell 3, 4; then tell 1, 2; then tell 5.

Now seriously lurking.

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

tell the tale the flashbacks tell in one chunk?

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Weird.

Damn it — now lurking.

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

That is very similar to what happened in Iran in 1979… The parasite class President pushed Egypt to be another Iran… an islamic terrorist state…

mnjg on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I hope chaps are OK.

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

A girl in chaps and boots and nothin’ else, well, that’s a slice of heaven, but I find it, as a rule, inappropriate otherwise.

TXUS on November 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You’ve got to be kidding! I’m not putting a single paragraph of an unpublished work on a public forum! lol!

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Depressing……….

We are in the End Times…………

This is not something to be “cheering” or celebrating.

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Sloe Gin – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Axe on November 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Tried that, but thanks.

The part that needs the most flashbacks is also the fasting moving part. Don’t want to break the pace too much and putting the character introductions earlier gives away a major grab.

That’s the part that has been a head scratcher for a while. Its coming along, but slowly. The whole thing is almost completely set out except for that.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Depressing……….

We are in the End Times…………

This is not something to be “cheering” or celebrating.

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

The end times are the best times. Embrace it. Love it. Justice is nigh.

tom daschle concerned on November 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Paranoid, ain’t we. Specially when ya’ have something different.

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Intellectual property…protect it… or lose it! LOL!

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Take care hotArians..

See ya tomorrow..

The Wife woke up..

Movie time.

And I have to read this new revision of the Karma Sutra that she has…

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

The Loner – Gary Moore

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Electrongod on November 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Goodnight, Electrongod! You luck man! :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM

This is not something to be “cheering” or celebrating.

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Obama Thumpers will…
During the next inauguration of the Marxist..

Electrongod on November 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Intellectual property…protect it… or lose it! LOL!

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Yep.

Well, I’m outta’ here. I’m shootin’ for as good a day tomorrow as today was.

cozmo on November 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Goodnight, Electrongod! You luck man! :)

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Nite friend..

Electrongod on November 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

cozmo on November 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Goodnight, Cozmo! Sleep well!:)

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

The end times are the best times. Embrace it. Love it. Justice is nigh.

tom daschle concerned on November 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Too many good guys haven’t realized they actually win in the end. :)

Personally, I’m stoked at the idea.

Also, for what ever reason, a lot of religious people fear eternity. I think they imagine it as alien to their current lives somehow. Eternity, this way, means you don’t end — not that you dissolve into a ball of light and go a-floating off into another kind of oblivion. Whatever else it might mean.

Anyway, Go good guys!

Axe on November 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Well, I’m outta’ here. I’m shootin’ for as good a day tomorrow as today was.

cozmo on November 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Night cozmo. It’ll unknot. :)

Axe on November 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM

What makes you think us boys are wearin’ pants?

cozmo on November 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You’re into wearing “kilts”?

I never would have suspected.

listens2glenn on November 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Solaratov on November 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM

As The Years Go Passing BY – Moore

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM

…night cozmo…don’t fall asleep during the movie Electrongod

KOOLAID2 on November 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Congratulations on going Galt.

Starve the Looters!

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM

We are in the End Times…………

This is not something to be “cheering” or celebrating.

williamg on November 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Just think of it as a horizon-to-horizon free fire zone.

Release your inner Horsemen.

Seriously……

Solaratov on November 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Good evening, my friend! I’m delighted to ‘see’ you this evening! Thank you! How did you know I went Galt? I’d been planning on transitioning into novels primarily for some time, but I confess, the election presented itself as the perfect moment to put my plans into action and shut down the consulting business earlier than I’d initially planned. I decided to join you and RWM, in that respect. I think I’m in very good company. :)

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Amado Mio

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Hey Jack, nice to see you back… ;)

SWalker on November 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM

SWalker on November 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Good evening, SWalker! Nice to see you, too! :) How have you been?

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Hey Jack, nice to see you back… ;)

SWalker on November 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I like to see her back also. It shimmers in the moon light like silk shimmering in the moonlight.

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Good evening, Spark! How are you this evening?

That’s shimmering is just because you see me when I’m just out of the pool! :)

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM

How did you know I went Galt?

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Independent minds can never be enslaved.

Also, they should not further that which they detest. It’s harder to realize than to conceive, takes planning, risk, effort and time, but it’s possible and, especially, liberating.

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2012 at 12:30 AM

thatsafactjack on November 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I was going to go on a junket but a hiatus was way closer.

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Besame Mucho – Evora

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Well OK. I guess that a good time. Anyway I hope you are fine with all your work. You are obviously talented and I admire your brain.

Everybody admires you.

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I was going to go on a junket but a hiatus was way closer.

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM

lol

Axe on November 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Yes… I feel like I can actually breathe again. The first time in such a long time I underestimated how euphoric I’d feel once it was a reality. :)

It has also unleashed my skills. I’m writing with a fresh eye and renewed zest. :)

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM

You’re too kind, Spark. I have a secret to share with you… I admire all of you, too. :)

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I’m still laying low, after my kilt wisecrack. : )

listens2glenn on November 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Well its easier to see your wise crack when you wear a kilt, especially when you lay low.

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Yes… that’s the best thing about a hiatus… one needn’t leave home to enjoy it! lol!

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Axe on November 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM

*clink*

SparkPlug on November 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM

It’s Been A Long Long Time – Forrest/James

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:37 AM

You Made Me Love You – Forrest/James

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Liberation

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Smooth Operator – Sade

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Cozmo — there might be a cliff you have to leap from, and if there is, maybe you can delay the reveal until you leap. What I’m saying is after “it” has happened, if you have an “it” — but before you release the scene — metaphorically, after Bond has already blown up the Russians and his plane has flown off the edge of the glacier, but before it swings back up into the sky all safe with trumpet fanfare — maybe here it can go.

If you check back. :)

Apparently, my mind finds your problems more interesting than my own or the planet’s, since it has apparently no interest in doing anything I’m trying to get it to do at the moment.

Axe on November 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Our metal is certainly being tested, but I think we are truly tempered steel. As you say, let the fools suffocate… the rest of us will endure and in the end, we will be fine. They can’t take our country from us because they can’t take what we will not let go.

They are enjoying the apex of the arc of the pendulum in their direction. In four years, when they’ve had their fill of failure and pain, the pendulum will begin its swing back.

thatsafactjack on November 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Someone please let the rest of us know when Americans find their Testicles again!

paratisi on November 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Clues:

At WalMart

At Dancing with the Stars

The Kardashians

Talent shows

Soap operas

Shopping, any shopping, just for the sake of shopping

In schools, at the universities, in the empty churches

Among all politicians

God is mad and is punishing her. NO testicles to be found because there aren’t any left.

Schadenfreude on November 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Ask Sarah Palin. She has all the GOP’s.

kim roy on November 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM