Obama’s small biz chief: ObamaCare, hurting small biz? I’m sure I don’t know what you mean…

posted at 5:26 pm on November 21, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

On MSNBC this morning, the Obama administration’s head of the Small Business Administration Karen Mills somehow managed to avoid actually answering Joe Scarborough’s questions about the many recent reports of small businesses’ concerns about coping with the requirements of ObamaCare. Apparently, the Obama administration lives under a very worldview-confirming rock.

Scarborough: But, we do hear from business owners, I’m sure you do too, that are now contemplating after the election… saying, ‘Gosh, I’m going to have to start keeping people under 30 hours… so ObamaCare doesn’t apply to me, I’m going to lose my best people and be only hiring part-timers, it’s only a matter of time before I go out of business and I can’t afford the costs of what this new regulation puts on me.’ …Explain that cutoff, and secondly, what do you tell those business owners? Why are they wrong?

Mills: I travel all around the country. Every week, I go to a different part of the country, I’m with small businesses, and I’m not hearing that…

Scarborough: You’ve never heard that? You need to talk to your staff and tell ‘em to get you out of the bubble, because we are hearing it all the time. … Have you never heard that before?

Mills: When I am out, absolutely what small businesses want to do is grow their business. And the other thing that they want, this is what I hear all the time, ‘I want to provide health care. We are like a family here. The day that I got to provide health care for my workers, that was when I called my business a success.’

Gee, businesses want to be profitable, expand their outfits, and provide health insurance in order to compete for the best possible employees? …You don’t say. But that still doesn’t answer Scarborough’s question about why it is small businesses supposedly don’t need to be worrying about ObamaCare’s incoming regulations.

As Mills acknowledges earlier in the segment, about two out of three new jobs in the United States currently come from the auspices of small business — but somehow, the Obama administration seems deaf to many small businesses’ recent cries that ObamaCare is going to cripple their ability to grow and hire. That does not bode well for the economic growth and job creation that we as a country sorely need.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Most obtuse or Goebbelian admin., ever.

Schadenfreude on November 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Duh, lady

Schadenfreude on November 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Yep. The very definition of success.

lorien1973 on November 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Obama, the goof, doesn’t even know that his Sec. of Commerce position, open for 4 months, is the same as a Sec. of Business…or he plays a Dummy in Chief well.

Schadenfreude on November 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Yep. The very definition of success.

lorien1973 on November 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM

…and of business.

Schadenfreude on November 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM

the “head in the sand defense” continues….

CoffeeLover on November 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Absolute imbecile like the rest of this admin. This is where you usual have a Le sigh in your posts Erika.

gsherin on November 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM

They know their worldview, all right. Their problem is their lack of veracity (they have to lie) and logic (they refuse to face the reality that government control and socialism is destructive to any economy or else they know it and that’s what they want).

INC on November 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM

The free and stupid land is rotting, from the head of the fish on down.

Schadenfreude on November 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM

After the election the first group Obama met with was the unions.He hasn’t met with small business reps yet.When half of the workers are part time Mills will still be spouting the company line.

docflash on November 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

or else they know it and that’s what they want).

INC on November 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM

This, except to the idiots of the world.

Schadenfreude on November 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Collectivism didn’t work for the Pilgrims, and if any group had the moral character and backbone to make it work, it would have been them.

Their harvest of 1622 was miserable.

Of course, they had the sense to realize they needed to change, the humility to do so instead of digging in their heels, and in 1623 each family was working its own land.

INC on November 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Liberals are convinced they know better than everyone else what is best. Which is why they never believe what is happening before their eyes without being convinced some kind of plot like racism is always the culprit.

Liam on November 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Congratulations lady, after Obamacare kicks in your services will no longer be required.

antipc on November 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Yep and when the Commissars had inspections everything was great also.

arnold ziffel on November 21, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Of Plymouth Plantation
An Electronic Edition
William Bradford 1590-1657page 216-217

You’ll have to wade through the archaic spelling, but it’s worth it.

So they begane to thinke how they might raise as much torne as they could, and obtaine a beter crope then they had done, that they might not still thus languish in miserie. At length, after much debate of things, the Govr (with the advise of the cheefest amongest them) gave way that they should set corve every man for his owne perticuler, and in that regard trust to them selves; in all other things to goe on in the generall way as before. And so assigned to every family a parcell of land, according to the proportion of their number for that end, only for present use (but made no devission for inheritance), and ranged all boys and youth under some familie. This had very good success; for it made all hands very industrious, so as much more torne was planted then other waise would have bene by any means the Govr or any other could use, and saved him a great deall of trouble, and gave farr better contente. The women now wente willingly into the feild, and tooke their litle-ons with them to set torne, which before would aledg weaknes, and inabilitie; whom to have compelled would have bene thought great tiranie and oppression.

The experience that was had in this commone course and condition, tried sundrie years, and that amongst godly and sober men, may well evince the vanitie of that conceite of Platos and other.ancients, applauded by some of aater times; -that the taking away of propertie, and bringing in communitie into a comone wealth, would make them happy and florishing; as if they were wiser then God. For this comunitie (so farr as it was) was found to breed much confusion and discontent, and retard much imployment that would have been to their benefite and comforte. For the yong-men that were most able and fitte for labour and servise did repine that they should spend their time and streingth to worke for other mens wives and children, with out any recompence. The strong, or man of parts, had no more in devission of victails and cloaths, then he that was weake and not able to doe a quarter the other could; this was thought injuestice. The aged and graver men to be ranked and equalised in labours, and victails, cloaths, etc., with the meaner and yonger sorte, thought it some indignite and disrespect unto them. And for mens wives to be commanded to doe servise for other men, as dresing their meate, washing their cloaths, etc., they deemd it a kind of slaverie, neither could many husbands well brooke it. Upon the poynte all being to have alike, and all to doe alike, they thought them selves in the like condition, and ove as good as another; and so, if it did not cut of those relations that God hath set amongest men, yet it did at least much diminish and take of the mutuall respects that should be preserved amongst them. And would have bene worse if they had been men of another condition. Let pone objecte this is mens corruption, and nothing to the course it selfe. I answer, seeing all men have this corruption in them, God in his wisdome saw another course fiter for them.

Original Source: Bradford’s History of Plymouth Plantation, 1606-1646. Ed. William T. Davis. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1908

Copyright 2003. This text is freely available provided the text is distributed with the header information provided.

INC on November 21, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Face palm

SparkPlug on November 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM

This administration hears only want it wants to hear.

Otherwise you’re just RACIST!

GarandFan on November 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM

What an absolute idiot. I’m sorry, this quote just JUMPED out at me when she said it. What a ridiculous and insulting and stupid thing to not only think, but say aloud. NO ONE STARTS A BUSINESS IN ORDER TO PAY FOR OTHER PEOPLES MEDICAL CARE.

It’s absolutely absurd. Medical insurance is just another way businesses reimburse their employees. WE pay for it out of our paycheck, both seen and unseen. It’s just another transaction in the business process, not the purpose of the business.

Timin203 on November 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I agree with Schad.

SparkPlug on November 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Logged in as SparkPlug. Log out »

Click the “Preview” button to preview your comment here.

Note: your comment may take up to 30 seconds to show up on the site (longer, if it goes into moderation). Please do not resubmit.

SparkPlug on November 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

We know the Dem playbook by now – Construct a narrative whether true or false and stick to that narrative no matter what the consequences. We know that Obamacare is going to destroy some small businesses and it will change the way business owners run and manager their business.

Do the Dems care? Nope. They are going to stick to the narrative that Obamacare is the greatest piece of legislation ever passed and if you don’t believe the “real world” just listen to the Dems because they know best.

Just get in line, shut up and go along for the ride. What could go wrong?

rsherwd65 on November 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

They have been given a mandate to make the most stupid, outlandish statements at the peril of their own reputations. The idiots representing 51% of this country gave them full-blown permission to speak any way they want.

salem on November 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

She’s just appealing to the suburban soccer mom. Cut her some slack Baggers!

Mr. Arrogant on November 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM

The official lie will be: Small businesses are thriving because of ObamaCare and the Obama tax policies. Pravda (MSM) will have headlines daily reporting this meme. The unemployment numbers will go down due to those going off the rolls and less jobs available, it will not be reported that way of course. MSM headlines will proclaim unemployment is down! GDP will be less then 1% but Obama math will fix that. MSM headlines, GDP continues to climb! American citizens will be told that what they observe in their own lives is wrong ! The government will subsidize the MSM when the citizens quit buying their news/lies. Freedom of speech and the right to bear arms will be prohibited to stop hate speech and the arms will be taken by claiming if you own arms you are a terrorist. It will just get worse from there. *sigh*

IowaWoman on November 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Utter crap. No employer I ever met would have used this as some kind of success benchmark.

massrighty on November 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

you got to admit that leftists are bizarre people. Guess what you could have gotten h/c for your family before. These people aer insufferable.

but lets take another worldview, as articulated by papa john’s pizza. O.care allows them to have h/c without being competitively disadvantaged. this is a big reason that large firms like government…they help in creating barriers to entry…closing the door on others.

but to believe papa john, you must also believe that the customer will suffer the marginal increase in your pizza…And that there aren’t any other little pizzeria in town that are just mom and pop places that are small. In my neighborhood there is such a place, that no doubt has fewer than 49 f/t employee.

but the core issue in that papa john employees/customers will be paying for other people’s h/c…some homeless drug user that has to go in for rehab periodically…for example….or some guy that has never been to a dr. and never had insurance who fines out he’s got advanced prostrate cancer. Oops….those pizza eaters must pay

r keller on November 21, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Wouldn’t the secretary of business and commerce be one and the same?

I am confused… Is having both being paid 6 plus figures a year considered job creation and not redundant stupidity by Obama?

Tilly on November 21, 2012 at 6:02 PM

INC on November 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM

It failed in Texas too. In that case all the producers moved away.

dogsoldier on November 21, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Oh and this woman is deliberately insulated and militantly stupid. Lying for Oblama is a good paying gig!

dogsoldier on November 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Look, they can’t worry about every undercapitalized business out there …..

BD57 on November 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM

This people have no idea of what business actually entails. Or what success actually means.

ptcamn on November 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Ooops, I meant these people and not “this”.

ptcamn on November 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Just in my small town, there are two small business who won’t be hiring and one new restaurant that will not be built. And those are just the ones I know about. Multiply many times to see the damage.

VioletTiger on November 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM

salem on November 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

You people are hilarious, almost no capacity to speak intelligently about healthcare policy beyond right wing talk radio sound bites.

This country’s economy isn’t predicated on Pappa John’s and other service oriented small businesses. Wealth creation generally occurs in larger companies producing goods that have value across borders, beyond Bubba’s dinner order.

Obamacare will over time address the unsustainable and unreasonably high cost of US health care, and do so in a way that makes the US economy far more competitive in today’s global economy:

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Why doesn’t Obama have any white guys in any of these positions so we can call these people what they are-unqualified clueless idiots.

MarkT on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Can you believe these people are running your country?

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:17 PM

do you know how good Obama looked in that silk shirt? Words can’t describe really. God-like comes to mind.

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 6:17 PM

ptcamn on November 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM

It must be difficult to realize that most small business owners lack your intellect:

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Most transparent bunch of fascists ever. Why aren’t we decorating gas station awnings with them?

rayra on November 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM

did you know Obama’s like God and the Tea Party’s dead and stuff and things?

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM

dogsoldier on November 21, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Another example! Thanks.

When was that?

INC on November 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Here in NYS a business, any business is mandated to pay sales taxes in advance by the quarter. If by chance you underestimated your sales taxes you are fined by the State. With that hanging over you head each quarter you make damn sure you over estimate to avoid the fines. You get the over estimated funds credited back to you at tax time. Many people know nothing of this and another slick tax grab is estimated tax on my pension each quarter that goes to the State with the form IT-2105. Many just retiring are unaware of this tax and further down the road they get a notice from the State along with the fines accrued. I have brought this to the attention of many that had no idea of the ruling.

mixplix on November 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Obama administration officials utterly clueless about their area of authority?

GET.

OUT.

Cicero43 on November 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Liberals hear you. Liberals don’t care.

wargamer6 on November 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

In what universe did you find a study that Obamacare reduces any costs? You think Papa Johns is an isolated occurrence? According to ADP, small businesses, ie Papa John’s franchises, employ 83% of the US workforce. You are an astonishingly stupid individual.

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Consider:

In the U.S., 65% of net new jobs have been created by Small Businesses over the past 17 years.
In Europe, more than 90% of businesses are Small Businesses
In South Africa, where unemployment is 40%, 80% of all new jobs are created by Small Businesses
In the U.S., 13-14 times more patents are created per Small Business employee than by Fortune 1000 employees.

INC on November 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Small firms are the biggest job creators. Yet, the vital role small businesses play in economic growth is still overlooked. Together, these small firms consistently create 60 to 70 percent of new jobs, year after year, and employ more than half of the entire U.S. workforce at 27 million different places of business. That means we all have a vested interest in keeping that dynamic job creation going strong.

INC on November 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Liberals hear you. Liberals don’t care.

wargamer6 on November 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM

liberals are too stupid to function, thus their existence is a paradox. I’m pretty sure that makes sense.

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Do you actually expect bayam to have a real argument other than “LOL I HEART OBAMA”? He’s nothing more than a water carrier.

wargamer6 on November 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Tell a lie long enough…

Ugly on November 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

wasn’t weenie joe suppose to be sporting a mustache by now since he lost the bet with axelrod?

renalin on November 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

renalin on November 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

He hasn’t gone through puberty yet.

wargamer6 on November 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM

‘The day that I got to provide health care for my workers, that was when I called my business a success.’

Precious.

Look, they can’t worry about every undercapitalized business out there …..

BD57 on November 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM

+1000

And an extra +10 for anyone who recognizes the source of that stellar quote…

tom on November 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Oh, the irony.

Even Karen Mills admits it:

“Small Business: Driving America’s Economy”
As Prepared For: Karen G. Mills

Everyone here knows the facts: Small businesses create about 2 of every 3 new jobs in America each year. More than half of working Americans own or work for a small business. And small businesses drive American innovation and competitiveness.

There’s a lot of balderdash in the speech, but that quote is her second paragraph.

INC on November 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Do you know realize that you’re repeating right-wing talking points? Try thinking for yourself. The healthcare mandate is designed to move US healthcare toward a different model (you can read objective accounts of the French and German systems) that absolutely deliver high quality care to a larger percentage of the population at far lower cost.
This may sound shocking to the right wing radio neophytes but reality isn’t as simple as Glenn and Rush would have you believe.

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Blah blah blah more obamabot blather. Since when is ADP right wing?

wargamer6 on November 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Obama must own an “idiot farm” . . . you couldn’t find this many simply by chance.

rplat on November 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

IowaWoman on November 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM

You may be right, but dang, how depressing! Maybe instead of sending money to politicians we should spend it buying time on major networks and have Newt, or some other good speaker, explain just what is going on around here, while we still can.

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Number one job qualification for this administration: being able to tell bald faced lies on camera without without batting an eye.

dont taze me bro on November 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Consider:

I’m not criticizing you for posting a widely held myth… but those numbers fail to account for small business job destruction. And all too often low-paying small business service jobs are all that’s left in the wake of higher quality and higher paying manufacturing jobs leaving for foreign countries.

That’s not to say that entrepreneurship isn’t important- it’s extremely important. But in the context of high growth companies that create significant wealth and have the potential to grow into big, successful companies that employ thousands of people.

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Premiums already up. Benefits already down. Death Panels (which has been admitted, but under a sanitized euphemism).

The IRS would be the enforcer. Odd, for health care, isn’t tit?

It’s a means to power, nothing else, and it won’t work.

Why?

As William Bradford said: “I answer, seeing all men have this corruption in them, God in his wisdome saw another course fiter for them.”

INC on November 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM

He hasn’t gone through puberty yet.

wargamer6 on November 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM

yep, you need testosterone for facial hair. joe be low. very low.

renalin on November 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM

ADP is a right-wing talking point? We’ve been giving you facts and statistics, you’ve been regurgitating idiocy.

I’m sure Obamacare is “designed” to do lots of things to your demented minds. The problem is your “designs” usually do the opposite. How’s the “War on Poverty” going?

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Caribbean 0rgies are OK, intercourse while being a inconvenience to the State is unacceptable. Hostess liquefying all assets because of Bain and Koch is reprehensible. Small businesses stymied by a massive entitlement installed by a Marxist dictator is super duper.

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM

INC on November 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Note that this article speaks to the importance of innovation that sparks new industries… not Papa Johns or any of your typical service-oriented small businesses.

In other words, a Toyota or GM plant will create far more wealth in a community than a large number of small businesses in the service economy.

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM

heh, Newt could cheer for Amnesty

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I’ve noticed a common argument among liberals at this point is “well, if they’re going to go out of business just because of Obamacare, then they obviously shouldn’t have been in business in the first place.”

Sharke on November 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

You sound like a computer that reads weather warnings on the radio. As to your point, you have no idea if what you are saying is the truth, and you don’t care. Remember this though, however many ways you leftists find to screw things up, the rest of us will figure out a way around your stupid fascist laws. Obama and his administration look more and more like a bunch of clowns getting out of a really small, electric powered clown car that is stuck in a ditch, lost in the middle of nowhere.

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hmm. Was wondering who these people were so off a googling I go.

The Slimes you owe me for clicking this

Small Business Majority is nonpartisan only in the most technical sense, in that it is not formally allied with any party. Informally, however, it is allied with the Democratic Party. Mr. Arensmeyer serves as a board member of the Bay Area Democrats, which describes itself as “a network of private citizens active in national Democratic Politics.” Since 2002, Mr. Arensmeyer has given generously, and exclusively, to Democratic candidates, according to F.E.C. records. (“I’ve voted for Republicans,” he offers.)

One of his top lieutenants served for 10 years as a Democrat in Alaska’s House of Representatives; another was affiliated with a Democratic Party reform group in New York. Small Business Majority had joined the campaign of Health Care for America Now (HCAN), which explicitly supports the (nearly exclusively) Democratic reform priorities, and whose coalition, as reader Paul noted, is basically a roster of Democratic constituencies. (Small Business Majority is no longer a member of HCAN, says Ms. Musgrave, because the two groups diverge on the issue of a public plan. “We know from our research that small-business owners are far less concerned about the public plan option than they are about a comprehensively reformed health care system,” she says.)

“Do I and others in the organization belong to a particular political party? Yes,” Mr. Arensmeyer counters. “Look, we have a point of view that health care reform is absolutely essential, and there are more Democrats right now in Washington with that point of view than Republicans. We wish that weren’t the case.”

But when Mr. Arensmeyer insists that his organization is not ideological, he appears to mean that it is not “conservative.” The whole project, frankly, seems fundamentally ideological, and clearly liberal. It’s received a leg up from Demos, the advocacy group that counts among its objectives “a more equitable economy with widely shared prosperity and opportunity” — no initiatives to foster Ayn Rand-style self-reliance here. (Demos serves as a fiscal agent, which allows the group to raise money as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.)

And that’s from The Slimes, so you can well imagine how liberal it is.

kim roy on November 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM

salem on November 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I would dismiss this as the usual tripe, but it’s illustrative of exactly the problem with the leftist mindset.

Most people would consider their business a success when it’s able to provide for their own needs and the needs of their family. The collectivist approach ignores the needs of the family to focus on some vague concept of “society.” Collectivism leads to repression naturally, because people are not motivated to work hard to benefit some faceless stranger, and inevitably will either learn to be on the receiving end of other people’s work, or learn how to cheat the system to keep what they have.

Obama is a fascist, not in the sense of a jack-booted thug, but in the economic sense of the government dictating to people through the hand of regulating their corporations. Obamacare is fascist through and through, because it forces businesses to buy healthcare for people rather than taxing them directly.

Fascism is associated in people’s minds with totalitarianism and repression because eventually it requires repression and greater government power to enforce the regulations. Obamacare is a perfect illustration, in that the government has broad new intrusive powers to enforce their idea of cost-cutting, even to the point of dictating to doctors and patients what kind of treatments for illnesses will no longer be authorized.

People will rebel against and work around Obamacare regulations. New regulations will be created for each new workaround and “loophole,” and new enforcement actions will be created. And the reason this will happen is because Obamacare will fail without it.

tom on November 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM

heh, Newt could cheer for Amnesty

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Please note that I included the words “or another good speaker” to avoid comments such as yours. :)

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM

btw, how about that resounding show of support among our fellow citizens, for the pizza guy who had to lay off people, or any other business who has followed suit? we know a ton of people are going to suddenly be “part-time”.

thats right. you get funny looks or someone wants to know why a millionaire like him can’t help out the little guy.

we’ve become of nation of beggars. pathetic.

renalin on November 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Where do Solundra and Lightsquared fall on the liberal economic usefulness spectrum of non-service industries? Why do you think that the majority of entrepreneurs and job producers voted for Romney while lifetime welfare parasites like the Obamaphone woman voted near unanimously for Obama? Who the F are you to say what profitable businesses are important and what aren’t? What are you a commissar on the Obama politburo?

This is a useless exercise. People like you are impervious to reason and the evidence of history and experience.

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Just another brain-dead flunky-lackey-slacker in the Obamuh SADministration–it’s a qualification and job requirement to work in the WretchedHive.

stukinIL4now on November 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM

The next phase will include a panel that decides how many hours we get to work.

mike_NC9 on November 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM

we will teach ours to live in the brave new world. his spawn will clean our shoes one day.

renalin on November 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

…and underemployment compensation.

mike_NC9 on November 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

renalin on November 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

LOL! Just last night I was telling my daughter who is in 8th grade that she might want to steer her studies toward useful things like learning how to generate electricity, grow things, fix things, etc. As soon as I get her some ear plugs I’m going to teach her how to shoot my gun.

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM

“Profit is revenue minus expenses? I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.”

“As Demand for a good goes up, it’s price will tend to go up also, absent a shift in Supply? I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.”

“When price ceilings are instituted by governments, shortages necessarily follow? I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.”

Yes, I’m quite sure you do not…

JohnGalt23 on November 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM

It’s not that Obamacare is hurting small business. It’s ultimately hurting the people who could have gotten jobs but now won’t.

COgirl on November 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

What a frickin’ joke. She has never met a small business owner in her life.

beatcanvas on November 21, 2012 at 7:25 PM

The hardcore truth: Obamacare will eventually end employer-based health insurance – and that is by design.

Of course, the individual mandate will kick in and people will be forced to sign up for insurance in one of the government-run exchanges they are setting up.

That’s the whole object – to herd as many of us into government-run Obamacare as possible. The Obamacare plan will look something like Medicaid, and will be a huge drop in quality of coverage for most Americans.

TarheelBen on November 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM

That’s hilarious, are you referring to the Koch brothers?

Last time I checked, the great innovators and entrepreneurs in the digital and knowledge economies, from Bill Gates to Steve Jobs and Elon Musk support Obama.

You place far too much faith and importance in old money instead of the companies of the future.

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I like you Night Owl, because I’ve noticed what a thoughtful person you are.

This world could use more Night Owls! :)

Anti-Control on November 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Out: Obamacare

In: John Roberts Care

Hat tip-Keith Koffler

hillsoftx on November 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I just can’t tell you how angry I am with the dumb masses that re-elected this buffoon. I’m cool with them getting to learn the pains of tyranny; as a reasonably astute person; I don’t appreciate having to suffer that pain with them.

Fools, utter and complete fools

AZfederalist on November 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Night Owl on November 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM

my bad ;)

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM

This is what you get when you’re so intent on cramming your agenda down the people’s throats that you forget to research what affects it’s going to have on the very people you’re supposedly trying to help. Incompetent leadership will do this. Own it Pelosi, Reid, Mr. President.

scalleywag on November 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Your math skills match Obama’s… 3 entrepreneurs = the majority of entrepreneurs. Well done. Bravo.

beatcanvas on November 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Steve Jobs may have supported Obama…I don’t know

jack wagon

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM

It’s comical that the administration (who supposedly favors women so much) keeps sending women out to make their ridiculous talking points for them (i.e. Rice), knowing they haven’t a clue whether the points they’re making are true or not. Why doesn’t the clown in chief ever get in the hot seat himself and answer these questions, he’s the one who rammed it through? Coward.

scalleywag on November 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM

beatcanvas on November 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM

And his vote cancels yours out. Think about that for a minute.

The Count on November 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Coward.

scalleywag on November 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM

coward in a really awesome silk shirt

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

coward in a really awesome silk shirt

Slade73 on November 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Which he wears while acting like a lecherous old man kissing foreign Asian leaders. :0

scalleywag on November 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM

beatcanvas on November 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM

And Bill Gate stole his ideas and Steve Jobs has slave kids in China make his products.

And that anti-Semitic dig at the Koch Brothers.

sentinelrules on November 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM

beatcanvas on November 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Just tell us which of the great entrepreneurs support Romney. The list of Obama supporters is public knowledge although you can pretend that most of the great entrepreneurs support Romney. The founders of Amazon, Google, Oracle, and other new economy companies are generally left leaning.

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I hope this human spontaneously combusts.

tom daschle concerned on November 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Its a damn good thing you never saw Jim Jones live. You not only take the bait, but swallow hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, boat, and permit.

Good lord. Do you really believe that?

BobMbx on November 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM

bayam on November 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Comrade appeal to authority bayam….

Another day another false premise.

tom daschle concerned on November 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM