Report: Chris Christie surprised to find people not happy that he lavished Obama with praise before election

posted at 9:01 pm on November 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

I keep thinking, “Christie can’t possibly come back from this.” And then I think, “Wait, did we actually just nominate John McCain and the guy responsible for RomneyCare?”

Never underestimate the Republican capacity to forgive, my friends.

But behind the scenes, the intensity of the reaction from those in Mr. Christie’s party caught him by surprise, interviews show, requiring a rising Republican star to try to contain a tempest that left him feeling deeply misunderstood and wounded…

The tensions followed Mr. Christie to the annual meeting of the Republican Governors Association in Las Vegas last week. At a gathering where he had expected to be celebrated, Mr. Christie was repeatedly reminded of how deeply he had offended fellow Republicans.

“I will not apologize for doing my job,” he emphatically told one of them in a hotel hallway at the ornate Wynn Resort…

Inside the Romney campaign, there is little doubt that Mr. Christie’s expressions of admiration for the president, coupled with ubiquitous news coverage of the hurricane’s aftermath, raised Mr. Obama’s standing at a crucial moment…

“Christie,” a Romney adviser said, “allowed Obama to be president, not a politician.”

Romney 2012 donors, many of whom were doubtless prospective Christie 2016 donors, are supposedly “furious.” Two things here. One: While Christie will wisely and strenuously attempt to frame this as an argument over whether he was supposed to “do his job” in the aftermath of a ferocious disaster, that’s a total red herring. The objection isn’t that he worked with Obama, it’s that he seemed bizarrely determined to lavish fulsome praise on the guy with election day bearing down. He could have simply said, “I’ve been working with the president throughout the crisis. He and FEMA have been helpful.” Mike Bloomberg, who ended up endorsing Obama, politely declined his request to visit NYC after the storm on grounds that it would have been disruptive. Christie could have done that too. Bottom line: How would it have interfered with Christie’s ability to “do his job” if he had merely refused to provide Obama with a glorious bipartisan photo op just a few days before the election? Was O not going to take his calls for FEMA aid anymore otherwise? It’s impossible to believe that this was all a product of storm-induced blindness to the political implications rather than Christie working an angle to appeal to Democrats in New Jersey ahead of a tough gubernatorial race potentially with Cory Booker.

Two: How much will it hurt him really? If Booker does run and Christie beats him next year, it’ll be a morale booster for conservatives nationally who are still bummed about 2012. Then, eyeing a presidential run in 2016, he’ll start tacking to the right. He’ll do a lot of grumbling about Obama to media outlets to try to purge the lingering aftertaste of his Sandy press conference. He’ll also do some outreach to Latino voters and young voters, both in New Jersey and nationally, to build media buzz that he’s “building bridges” to key demographics that the GOP lost in 2012. (His Jersey persona lends itself to a paint-by-numbers “in touch with the middle class” narrative too.) He’ll have more viral-video confrontations and people will ooh and aah over those. He’ll stand out at the debates too as the brusque, no-nonsense guy among more polished candidates. The point in all this won’t be to ingratiate himself with grassroots conservatives; between the Sandy episode with O and his various other heresies, including his belief in man-made global warming, that bridge is probably burned. But, per my McCain/Romney point up top, it’s certainly possible to win the nomination even if grassroots righties disdain you, especially if the base is split several ways among other candidates (Rubio, Ryan, Paul?). I’m not saying he will win, just that it’s silly to write him or anyone off right now. We nominated Mitt Romney and John McCain, guys. Repeat that to yourselves until it sinks in. And then, when it does, tell me how you did it. Because it still hasn’t sunken in for me.

Anyway. Even if Christie rehabilitates himself in time, it won’t be anytime soon. Via Mediaite, here’s “The Five” dumping on him on yesterday’s show.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Just change parties now and get it over with.

Cory Booker will own your fat ass next year if you don’t.

Used to be amused, now just disgusted -apologies to Elvis Costello

Bruno Strozek on November 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Christie can’t be this oblivious can he?

gophergirl on November 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Ever notice that one never sees AllahPundit and Gabriel Malor in the same room, at the same time?

Just thought I’d throw that out there…

locomotivebreath1901 on November 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I liked him ONLY as a union buster. Otherwise he is not my kind of RINO Republican. I still love to see him beating up the unions. But he is not a good fit for any national office. Cabinet member material, maybe. Otherwise, please stay in jersey, sir.

Warner Todd Huston on November 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Well, Governor, if the Foo Sh*ts, that’s it.

clippermiami on November 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

He bent over..

Enough said.

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

arnold sez Booker will beat Porky.
Booker seems to be a decent dem in a blue state. Christie is well…?

arnold ziffel on November 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Never underestimate the Republican capacity to forgive, my friends.

Did we forgive Charlie Crist?

Your done, fatty. Stay in NJ!

Valkyriepundit on November 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

If Booker runs, it’ll be a close call. Both these guys have charisma, likeability, and are known to “break the mold” so to speak.

I still like Christie…although I get the shivers thinking about a different governor who not only lavished praise on Obama, he also gave him a big ol’ hug.

I don’t believe I need mention any name there. :/

JetBoy on November 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

You know it’s over when the fat man starts to sing.

Peckerhead.

elco on November 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

chirstie is a receiver.

crash72 on November 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Thanks Christie..

Oh…

My daughter just flipped you off..

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

He belongs in New Jersey and nowhere else. I can’t believe he’s oblivious to the fact that MSNBC was playing his comments on a frigging loop the week leading up to the election.

Not as if I would support Christie for 2016 anyway. This was his year and he passed on it. We’re through nominating white guys from the Northeast.

KingGold on November 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

No interest in Christie anymore. He is a turncoat. He didn’t need to kiss Obama’s a** like that. He was going to get his federal aid, he could have been respectful and let it go at that. He put his finger in the air, figured Obama was going to win and didn’t want to be on the wrong side of him after the election. No b*lls.

echosyst on November 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM

This was a twinkie too far.

WisCon on November 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

HEADLINE:

CHRIS CHRISTIE SPURNED BY REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS
Ann Coulter Hardest Hit

predator on November 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

At a gathering where he had expected to be celebrated

That’s the problem with these establishment republicans. They care more about their own image than they do about the country.

Alabama Infidel on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

If Christie did actually become a Dem, why on earth would anyone choose him over Booker? I know that I certainly wouldn’t.

cynccook on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

“I will not apologize for doing my job

How much time, manpower, security did that little photo-op cost the taxpayers of New Jersey, Mr.Christie?

JPeterman on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Christie was obviously peeved about something at Camp Romney. I’m assuming there is more to this.

lexhamfox on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

No it won’t. CC is no flaming conservative.

predator on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

He is doing the same thing Newt Gingrich tried when he posed with Pelosi. Trying to appeal to both sides of the aisle. By walking with Obama he hopes people will identify him as a moderate and will see him as presidential material. It didn’t work for Newt and I suspect it won’t work for Christie as well. He will never fully regain the trust of his base again.

bandutski on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

JPeterman on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

But…but…0bama let him talk to Springsteen, man, Springsteen!

cynccook on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

People are looking to assign blame and see a big target.

Let’s be honest, by constantly talking about Christie, it does three things.

1 – Boost Obama’s bipartisan “credibility” in the fiscal cliff/tax increase negotiations.

2 – Keeps us from looking at the real reasons we lost.

3 – Continues the ideological purity drive that has been costing Senate seats.

I could see this being perpetuated by the liberal media, because it hurts conservatives by talking about it.

amazingmets on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Not really a fan of Christie and whilst he is physically huge, he didn’t swing the election.

Never underestimate the Republican capacity to forgive, my friends.

Nailed it AP.

If the GOP nominates this whale (apologies to the aquatic mammal community) it’ll make 2008 and 2012 look very, very good.

CorporatePiggy on November 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Poor baby./

I fail to see how a liberal Republican winning would be a morale booster for conservatives.

S. D. on November 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Romney trusted this guy but couldn’t bear to have Palin or Ron Paul at the convention?

sharrukin on November 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Look, I get Christie focusing like a laser on doing his job when a disaster hit his state.

I even get him making an effort to make some bipartisan gestures — especially since he needs to work with the feds to coordinate disaster relief. Plus it helps him for reelection.

What I don’t get is his allowing the Obama campaign to EXPLOIT HIM while the cameras were running, and his not being willing to extend even a morsel of consideration for Romney.

Christie did a lot of yeoman’s work over the last year for Romney and he just trashed it in that last week.

Robert_Paulson on November 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

So it’s a governors job to act like a fawning serf in the presence of his lord and master? Because that’s what this fat tub of crap did, just GFY and stay in jersey chrissy.

clearbluesky on November 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

“I will not apologize for doing my job

You were BJing..

Then with Bruce Springsteen..

While your constitutes had no power..

You we getting power rammed up your…

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Umm. No.. You have to have money to run for President. Ryan is probably going to get access to Romney’s network. Considering what an effective, tireless advocate that Ryan was for Romney, it would be tacky if Romney was a jerk about that. Christie isn’t going to get any of that money. As for the NJ governor’s race, the opposition party wins as a rule so it was isn’t a morale boost. In fact, Cory Booker is sort of a real life superhero and moderate D maverick, so I’m not sure why this is such a bad thing. It will at least get rid of Butterball.

Illinidiva on November 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

What a pathetic whiny RINO loser.

Have another donut, lardass. You are done in politics.

Norwegian on November 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

It wasn’t just the over-the-top (and unwarranted) praise of Obama. It was saying vehemently “I don’t give a damn about the election” and later saying he wasn’t interested in Romney visiting the area to survey damage. The message he sent with those statements is what sent toxic reverberations into the election vibe.

As for nominating Romney, he would have been a good president. Christie probably would, too, butI do not like him and he made me very angry (as he has in the past…the eyerolling over Palin, for example) during the whole Sandy business.

And finally, his attitude was so bizarre it makes me wonder if his prediction about Romney’s first debate was meant to raise the bar and it just happened that Romney met the expectation to his surprise rather than his true belief of how it would play out.

Cindy Cooper on November 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

3 – Continues the ideological purity drive that has been costing Senate seats.

amazingmets on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Translation…ignore the Rino knife in your back.

sharrukin on November 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I loath Christie with such a hate that it kind of surprises me a little. Any time I see his stupid face, I die a little inside. I hate Christie. Not just as a public figure, but as an outright human being.

If I was in New Jersey, I would support whatever Tea partier primaries him, (I will send money, make calls) and if the primary fails, for the first time in my life I’d vote for the Democrat heck I’d even donate to the Dem Cory Booker. (Matter of fact Booker might even pull an Arthur Davis soon).

I don’t care, this sanctimonious pile of garbage needs to learn a lesson about loyalty.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Seems to me that Christie was the last to know he didn’t get the VP nod.

BKeyser on November 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Too Late.

MontanaMmmm on November 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM

CorporatePiggy on November 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Not going to happen, even if he runs.

The donors are pissed, and establishment candidates rely on the big-dollar donors. He’ll be through before he starts.

KingGold on November 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

…shaddaaap fatso!

KOOLAID2 on November 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

echosyst on November 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I am in favor of purging the fat pos from the party with a vengeance.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

C’mon…he’s the governor of New Jersey….what do you expect???

…On the other hand, Scott Brown tried his best to look all caring and understanding and he got beat by a whacked out leftist, psychotic, lying cow….

So there ya go…

BigWyo on November 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Even if Christie could somehow rehabilitate himself from this incredibly dumb move, he would never receive my support or vote. Two simple words, one simple reason: Second Amendment.

TXUS on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Just thought I’d throw that out there…

locomotivebreath1901 on November 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

You also never see Chris Christie and William Howard Taft together in the same room. How about that?

DaveDief on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Too Late.

MontanaMmmm on November 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM

He’s NOT even apologizing. He’s tripling down.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Well, if by “doing your job”, you mean making Obama look presidential and deeply caring right before the election, then, yeah, you did a great job there Christie. If you mean helping your state dig out of a disaster; eh, not so much.

Never have cared for Christie. He’s good as far as some fiscal responsibility, but on everything else he may as well be in the democrat party. If the Republicans nominate him in 2016, it will be the end of the Republican party.

AZfederalist on November 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

He’s NOT even apologizing. He’s tripling down.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

And has more to spare…

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

“I will not apologize for doing my job.”

Except a year or two ago, when a blizzard hit NJ, you refused to come back from Disney World, saying you’d promised your kids a vacation there and didn’t want to let them down, so the other state officials could handle the snow.

Wethal on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Christie is a bully with a glass jaw. No character and no staying power. He has no problem pushing people around when he’s in a position of authority and they’re not, but in a time of crisis he dissolves into a giant quivering blob of needy jello, and is reduced to tears when Springsteen calls? Please. I don’t want to share a foxhole with a blubbering butterball, even assuming that there would be room for both of us in the first place.

HTL on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Whoa…
Friends..
“Strike” tag sucks..

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

lexhamfox on November 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

That he was to be Mitt’s VP pick and Paul Ryan was picked only after they (Establishment GOP) made Mitt change his mind. All in one weekend right before they asked Paul Ryan.

tjexcite on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

locomotivebreath1901 on November 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

They are both RINO squishes. But Manor is also a sanctimonious prick and asshole.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Manson was also perplexed that people would find fault with his actions.

When it’s all about you it’s always all about you.

Bishop on November 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I see the red states getting stronger while the Feds are bankrupting themselves..

Oh well.

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

He’s NOT even apologizing. He’s tripling down.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

And has more to spare…

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Bishop on November 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

DaveDief on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

That’s because there wouldn’t be a room big enough.

HTL on November 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

He’s NOT even apologizing. He’s tripling down.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yes, I know, just thought I’d save him the breath.

MontanaMmmm on November 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

The only reason he walked on the beach with Obama is to make himself look good (as a candidate). No other explanation makes sense. If he wouldn’t have done it, nobody would have thought anything about it. Instead, he made Obama look presidential (to some people, not me) and he took valuable press coverage away from Romney. He is a traitor to the cause and a drag on the Republican party.

bandutski on November 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I don’t fault the man for having to drop on his knees and polish the knob of Oblahblah…

… Remember, he is a politician.

He knows any criticism, any at all, would have caused ‘bureaucratic resistance’ to the help the people in the area so desperately needed, and still need…

… Anyone remember the generators left in Central Park while people were freezing to death on Staten Island?

I saw pictures on TV of the vast amount of devastation and it is going to take years to get things back to ‘normal’, but my Aunt and Uncle who live in NJ say it is much worse…

… He played the hand he was dealt, and has to live with the consequences, but his display alone didn’t cost Team Romney the election.

If you want to judge him, judge him against how Haley Barbour did after Katrina and getting his State back on his feet…

Seven Percent Solution on November 20, 2012 at 9:27 PM

With the deep bench Republicans have for 2016….why would I chose Christie? I find Rubio, Jindal and Ryan much more appealing as candidates than Christie. Christie just yells at people.

terryannonline on November 20, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I was over Christie when he started talking about the ‘crazies’ talking about Shariah law after he put in a muslim judge, who was a member of the muslim brotherhood and hamas, in the New Jersey surpreme court! This guy is a big dhimmi! pun intended

His slobbering over Obama and Bruce Springstein was just the icing on the cake for me..Christie won’t get my vote in 2016 if he’s somehow our nominee…that would truly be a disgrace to the republican party if he’s the nominee

sadsushi on November 20, 2012 at 9:27 PM

TXUS on November 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

He can’t be trusted period – on anything.

gophergirl on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Robert_Paulson on November 20, 2012 at 9:15

I’d hardly call showing graditude for the support being exploited. And, he said several times he supported Roney over Obama for Pres.

rjl1999 on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Christie is the future of the Republican Party.
He pretty much singlehandedly decided the election.
He sure changed my mind.

Hey Electrongod, it works for me?

Kenosha Kid on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Report: Chris “Blanche” Christie surprised to find people not happy that he lavished Obama with praise before election with his freaky Mandingo fantasies.

Pork-Chop on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

and how some here on hotair wept with emotion when fat boy spoke at reagans ranch. phfttt!

hate to say we toldja so.

renalin on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

If New Jersey residents want to re-elect CC, then that’s their choice.

I’ve never cared for CC. He can play his naive, obtuse card & be passive-aggressive, but he did Romney zero favors–The Sandy photo-op wasn’t his only offense. He repeatedly talked about 2016 prior to Nov 6, assuming Romney would lose. He’s a self-consumed egoist.
Aside from that, I will never vote for another Democrat-lite on a GOP national ticket. Ever. I will vote for congressional and state offices, state issues, and third party if I have to. I’m done with settling for Presidential candidates that only Beltway elites deem electable. Never again.

conservative pilgrim on November 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I thought Romney had NO chance of getting nominated with the baggage of Romneycare, haha guess I was wrong. The establishment force fed him down our throats, and down our butts like a suppository.

Raquel Pinkbullet on November 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

With the deep bench Republicans have for 2016….why would I chose Christie?

terryannonline on November 20, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Well, in the unlikely event of a water landing, Chris Christie can be used as a personal flotation device. Do you think that’s a good enough reason? Nope, me neither.

HTL on November 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

He can’t be trusted period – on anything.

gophergirl on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

+1000

MontanaMmmm on November 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Hey Electrongod, it works for me?

Kenosha Kid on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I like..

Well played..

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Just his ugly obesity alone would prevent him from being considered seriously for 2016 let alone his utterly despicable back stabbing that he did few days before the elections… And why are we talking about 2016 anyway? Seriously folks give it a rest for at least 2.5 years before talking Presidential elections again…

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Whoa…
Friends..
“Strike” tag sucks..

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Nope, its great. You can do fun things with the strike tag.

Chris Christie

See?

Valkyriepundit on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

and 2 other strikes against Christie for me was his support for the ground zero mosque and not defending a New Jersey state employee who lost his job for burning a Koran…yeah he’s a Dhimmi alright

sadsushi on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I think the only thing missing from your calculus is that many of us view 2012 as the last important election for some time. We endured McCain because he added Palin, and we voted for Romney to avoid a second Obama term. I’ll not be playing the “most important election of our lifetime” kabuki theater any longer – if the GOP nominates fellas like Christie, I’ll vote 3rd party or not at all.

If that means year after year of Donkey rule, so be it – the country’s spoken, and it clearly prefers Big Government Donkeys to Big Government GOPers. Give me a small government GOPer, a third party, or , well, party on.

King B on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Cheers.

Kenosha Kid on November 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Christie was grating on me way before Hurricane Sandy. I don’t like the way he talks to people. He’s rude.

terryannonline on November 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Bishop on November 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

…. 2016!

renalin on November 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Cheers.

Kenosha Kid on November 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

2016 could be interesting with the republican bench. If there’s a Ryan/Rubio/Paul/Jindal split I could see Christie walking out with the nomination. I’m not sure if Walker has national ambitions, but that would further split the conservative vote. If Kasich or McDonnell run they could walk out with the nomination if there’s a 4-5 way split. Throw in a rerun or two (Santorum, Perry, Newt, Huckabee) that has presidential primary experience and 2016 could be interesting.

ritewhit on November 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Yes, but it gives us a little room to vent.

MontanaMmmm on November 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Agree with you there. Take a few months off then start working on mid-terms.

predator on November 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

He can’t be trusted period – on anything.

gophergirl on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

None of them can, but he’s particularly egregious.

CorporatePiggy on November 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

terryannonline on November 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

It was only effective when he talked back to the whiny teacher.

Wethal on November 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Chris Christie

See?

Valkyriepundit on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

LOL..

I agree…

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM

OT……..

Hostess doesn’t make a deal with the baker’s union.

JPeterman on November 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Cory Booker owns Christie’s large ass…

ladyingray on November 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yeah Christie. You should stay out of model train stores.

Curtiss on November 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Whether Christie cares or not, I’ll make it a point to donate to his opponent, whoever it is.

Spot on, AP. A total lack of professionalism and dignity.

kim roy on November 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You can tell from his convention speech that he was a back stabber as he did not even mention Romney until very late in his speech…

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I’m tired of “forgiving”, and ending up with losers.

kg598301 on November 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I agree with GG and EG and Raquel PinkBullet and Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

He can’t be trusted period – on anything.

gophergirl on November 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Roger that, gg. Then again, has there ever been a media whore who could be? As far as I’m concerned, both he and his idol, Springsteen, can drown together in the Jersey Shore. They deserve each other.

TXUS on November 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

bandutski on November 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I agree. Christie is done.

Newt is also done, shot himself in the foot
big time, this time with his going after Romney with helmet head
by his side. I hope I never again have to hear “Clarista and I”.
His including her name as if his great body of work was not his
individually, but theirs collectively, grates on me. She certainly is leading him around by, well you know!

Someone refresh my memory. Who were the three who were screaming
at Bauchmann when she stated that someone should investigate/whatever the muslim influence in the state department?
I am going to put them on my “done” list too.

Jindhal and Rubio are done for me just because they bashed
Romney. Kicking someone when they are down is not cool.

Not many left! My 2016 “done and out” list is much longer than
my watch list. Actually, there is noone on that list. LOL

Amjean on November 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Valkyriepundit on November 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Getting to the core of the matter.

Kenosha Kid on November 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Also doesn’t te left LOVE Cory Booker. Does anyone believe that Christie can beat Booker if he chooses to run?

terryannonline on November 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I agree with GG and EG and Raquel PinkBullet and Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

And I agree with you….Spark..

I have this feeling..

AP is going to dump us a QOTD early..

Electrongod on November 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Does Christie even understand what this entire episode says about his attitude? That the federal government would not have stepped in to provide disaster assistance to New Jersey unless he sucked up to President Obama?

At a deeper level, it exposes what is becoming more and more evident in Chris Christie’s behavior (including his bizarre convention speech which sounded more like his own acceptance speech than a speech to boost the party’s nominee – how long did it take him to even mention Mitt Romney in the course of his self-serving oral biography of his wonderful self). He is the center of his world and, he mistakenly believes, ours as well.

So, it was up to him to get the President to help Jersey.

Does he really think Barack Obama didn’t hear the echoes of Katrina in his head? Does he really think the Administration would have stiffed Jersey without some buddy-love from the Christie-Creme man?

He’s a mess. And the fact that he doesn’t get it is just more proof that he’s tone deaf.

What Chris doesn’t get is that he could have actually helped. By being out there every day after the President’s visit. Side by side with first responders, with people trying to sort through their lives and belongings, making the point, without saying a negative word, that the President wasn’t there on Day 2, and Day 3 and… it was photo-op and out. Off to another campaign fundraiser. You see, Chris, it’s about perception and optics.

And, instead of weeping at speaking to Springsteen on the telephone, he might have taken the opportunity to invite the Boss to sit down for a cup of coffee where the Governor could explain why Springsteen should take another look at the Republican Party, the original party of the working man.

But, see, once the topic turned to Chris himself, it was all over. I’d say, take your name and title off your windbreaker, find the nearest treadmill, and start working your way back. Because, right now, you are not Da’Man.

IndieDogg on November 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yep. Choosing him for the convention was a mistake. And then he RINOs his way along during the storm to make Barry seem presidential and will to be non partisan. That’s what Mitt was trying to impress upon people.

We warned you idiots about Christie. He tried to slap Palin around using Libtard talking points.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

mnjg on November 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

And he only mentioned Romney 7 times in that speech and said “I” 32 times.

JPeterman on November 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM