Elmo creator resigns as second sex allegation surfaces

posted at 4:07 pm on November 20, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Topping off a surreal month of news coverage for “Sesame Street,” the creator and voice actor for the beloved Sesame Street character Elmo, resigned Tuesday amid sex allegations. The statement from Sesame Workshop, the organization that produces the show:

Sesame Workshop’s mission is to harness the educational power of media to help all children the world over reach their highest potential. Kevin Clash has helped us achieve that mission for 28 years, and none of us, especially Kevin, want anything to divert our attention from our focus on serving as a leading educational organization. Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us wants, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street.

Clash also released a statement:

In a statement of his own, Clash said “personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately.”

Clash announced a leave of absence from the show last week after a 23-year-old man claimed the puppeteer had had a sexual relationship with him when he was underage. Clash was allegedly 45 and the accuser, 16. The man recanted his accusation the next day. TMZ, who broke the story wondered if there was a settlement involved:

It’s unclear why the accuser suddenly changed his story … but sources close to the situation tell TMZ … the accuser’s attorney had been meeting with Clash’s attorney as recent as an hour ago, discussing a financial settlement and 6-figures were on the table.

We broke the story, the accuser claimed he had a sexual relationship with Kevin beginning when he was 16 and Kevin was 45.

Clash has also released a statement saying, “I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further.”

The first accuser is officially remaining anonymous, but gossip sites have revealed he’s an aspiring actor and model with a criminal record.

But a second accuser, Cecil Singleton, filed a lawsuit Tuesday, claiming he had some kind of sexual relationship with Clash at age 15. Singleton is suing for $5 million in damages.

The federal civil complaint, filed in New York by Cecil Singleton, alleged that Clash — now 52 — picked him up in 1993 on a gay phone chat line.

Singleton said he was 15 at the time, while Clash was 32.

“[Clash] trolled gay telephone chat line rooms to meet and have sex with underage boys,” Singleton claimed in his explosive lawsuit.

“[Clash] groomed [the accuser] to gain his trust by, among other things, taking him to nice dinners and giving him money.”

Even though the alleged sex happened nearly 20 years ago, Singleton said he remained silent all this time, because he didn’t know the psychological and emotional damage the intimate, underaged contact did.

The lawsuit said Singleton “did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash’s sexual acts and conduct until 2012.”

I’m torn on this story. Until these allegations surfaced, Clash was an inspirational figure, thanks to the documentary “Being Elmo,” which chronicled his improbable rise from the poorer neighborhoods of Baltimore to one of Jim Henson’s most valuable puppeteers at the height of the Muppets’ fame. What were the chances a young black man from Charm City with an unusual childhood penchant for creating characters out of foam and scrap fabric could turn that hobby into a prestigious career? But he did. As a young man, he played puppets in features like “Labyrinth.” Later, he created one of the most famous characters on the planet in Elmo and made it his mission to mentor young people interested in performing.

And, all that sounded sweet and amazing before now sounds creepy. Clash was married as a young man and has one daughter, now 19. He is divorced from her mother. In the wake of this incident, he announced he is gay:

The episode this week led to Mr. Clash coming out as a gay man, something he had not previously discussed in public. “I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter,” he said in the statement on Monday.

The fact that the first accuser recanted his statement a day after going public is fishy. The fact that there are two accusers lends credence to the first accuser’s original story, but then, the second accuser is also looking for $5 million in damages. And one must always calculate the allure of a fame-ball career propelled by a TMZ appearance in these stories. Sesame Workshop says it did several investigations when the accuser brought the charges to them in June, both by their “own staffers and outside firms,” according to the NYT. Sesame Workshop has an incentive to protect its brand, and Clash had become a big part of it, but one would think any hint of sexual impropriety with minors would have gotten Clash tossed out of an organization whose entire mission is to work closely with children thanks to tremendous trust from parents. Then again, we also know how protective and ultimately destructive a big-money enterprise with a lot to lose can be in the face of a possible in-house scandal.

Update: Oh, and of course, there’s the glaring fact that Clash has yet to forcefully deny any of this.

Two things. Is this something that can get resolved privately? Thus far, this is all civil, but it is criminal to have sexual contact with minors. And, in a fun twist on “imagine if it were a Republican,” notice almost none of the copious coverage of this scandal wonders if it warrants an examination of whether the rather well-off Sesame Workshop deserves our tax money.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Anyone else remember Rosie O’s obsession with Elmo? How she was hawking the Elmo “toy” on tv to kids? You know, “interested in performing” kids.
Lourdes on November 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Nearly everyone loved Elmo. I remember that well.

My goodness. A large majority, in fact just about ALL gay men I’ve known are pedos down deep.

That reminds me of the radical feminist notion that all men are potential rapists.

bluegill on November 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM

libfreeordie on November 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM

At the moment both countries are doing quite well, because they have conservative governments.

Canada’s health care system sucks, though, and it is broke.

Gelsomina on November 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Yes. I wondered the same thing.
You are one patient soul, you know.

bridgetown on November 21, 2012 at 10:18 AM

You’ve never seen me in NYC traffic…”patience” certainly wouldn’t come to mind. :/

But thanks :) I learned patience as a life-long Jets fan…and I’m still learning…season after season after season after season…

*sigh*

Anyway have a Happy Thanksgiving! I’ll be cruising the “kiddie table” of the homes in my neighborhood tomorrow, so that’ll keep me busy. :P

JetBoy on November 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I don’t know about that, but I don’t buy the notion there is some bright line between homosexuals, pedophiles, and bisexuals. If the average gay man has hundreds of different sex partners, then does he give each of them a demographic questionnaire beforehand?

Paul-Cincy on November 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM

JetBoy on November 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I actually get the humor. It’s humor, right? :)

Paul-Cincy on November 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

A hairdresser that used to do Kevin Clash’s hair has a brother that told his plumber that Kevin Clash and Harry Reid hang out all the time. I’m not saying that Harry Reid, accused gay pederast, weighed in on this?

jukin3 on November 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I actually get the humor. It’s humor, right? :)

Paul-Cincy on November 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hey, pedophilia comes with choosing to be gay as a package deal. :P

Best to you as well for a good Turkey Day :)

Now point me to those card tables…

JetBoy on November 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hey, pedophilia comes with choosing to be gay as a package deal. :P

JetBoy on November 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

You don’t choose your personality either, but you can choose not to act like a jerk. And by “you” I mean “me”. It’s a challenge. I struggle. :)

P.S. Bring a deck of cards as a cover. Free “Tickle me Elmo” dolls wouldn’t hurt either.

Paul-Cincy on November 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

If this dude was a creepy old white guy like Sandusky, he would be history. But we endure. Why? He’s a colored man. Don’t doubt me. That’s how twisted this whole race game is played now.

Hummer53 on November 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM

That is one sick pupeteer. Taints the whole of Sesame Street. All those years and you had the hand of a pedophile in a Sesame Street puppet, and peoples’ male children were watching. Bizarro world.

jake49 on November 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Hasn’t any one played the race card yet? Chris Matthews needs to get on this immediately. Surely he can find some way to make this a racial issue or find some code word or something..

lukjuj on November 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM

The vast majority of criminal pedophilia (which is different than statutory rape) occurs between adult men and underage girls, it occurs within circles of trusts, either a family member or other trusted adult. But conservatives love to pretend that these situations, which is more statutory rape than pedophilia, prove all gay men are pedophiles. Its pretty horrific

libfreeordie on November 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

What’s the gay-to-straight ratio as far as male population? Now what’s the percent of gay molestation to straight molestation? Interested to see those numbers.

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM

With the exception of the one or two truely homophobic people on here, who here has said that all gay people are pedophiles?

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hum… This is exactly how the Sandusky rape/pedophilia case started.
Yeah, I think Sesame Street BETTER NOT even think of coming to US the taxpayers to get them out of THEIR HOT MESS!!
Let those stupid Muppet/Puppet Marchers pay for PBS.

mmcnamer1 on November 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I figured ol’ Kevin played for the other team on this interview back in ’09.

Laura in Maryland on November 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

This is not a case of pedophilia. It is a case of statutory rape. Pedophilia is technically for ages 13 and younger. The first adolescent that came forward was 16 and the second was 15 I believe. 16 is the age of consent in about 1/2 of the United States. No pedophilia here…you need to go to the Catholic Church if you want to find pedophilia. 5,000+ cases and growing…that’s where you go to find buggering of children.

ZippyZ on November 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

you need to go to the Catholic Church if you want to find pedophilia.

ZippyZ on November 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Rebar on November 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM

bluegill on November 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Don’t be a f$%^ing tool, dumba$$.
And if you consider the f$%^ing CONTEXT of my statement, I was talking about the majority of gay men I have personally KNOWN, which is a decent amount.
So GFY you damned tool.

Badger40 on November 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Do you have stats to back that up? I thought gay guys were more likely to get into performing arts, fashion and styling? And could there be any other reasons why gay guys would get involved in certain professions, other than the outlandish explanation that you suggest?

bluegill on November 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I was talking about my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
The data I refer to is from MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
Could you be a little more clueless?

Good Lord, even Ronald Reagan knew better than you. There was a referendum in California that would have banned all gay teachers and teachers that supported gay rights from teaching in public schools. It was called the Briggs Initiative. Ronald Reagan came out and strongly opposed it. Even Barry Goldwater, Mr. Conservative, was for gay rights.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM

It is my opinion, as an observer of NATURE, being a science teacher & ranch owner, that 2 creatures of the same sex purposely f$%^ing each other IS behavior that is NOT NORMAL & therefore DEVIATES from the norm we find in species of 2 sexes.
The only time I ever see my bulls sticking their d!ck$ into each other’s a$$e$ is when they are trying to DOMINATE each other, OR the young males are CONFUSED as to what to do about their uncontrollable sexual urges.
You are free to disagree with my observations & personal opinions.
I never said I denied homosexuals the right to be together.
But society should take a stand, & have the right to decide whether behavior is destructive to their communities or not.
However, I do not believe the FEDERAL govt has any right nor power to involve itself in any of these things.
These are state issues.

Badger40 on November 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

And to all of you who disagree with me that homosexuality is wrong, you are free to.
And I am free to have my own opinion.
Notice I have never advocated the stoning or firing of gay people.
I have made my position clear on this issue.
And demonize me all you want, but the homosexual lifestyle is not conducive to a harmonious society IN GENERAL.
That is my opinion & I know a lot of people here share it.There are some here that may try & force me to accept this behavior as OK,& those folks can FO.
I also think drinking too much is wrong.
And cheating on your spouse is wrong.
And I also think selling your body for $$ is wrong & I think killing an unborn child bcs it’s inconvenient is also wrong.
So feel free to ignore me if you think all of those things are OK.
It is what sets people apart, this drawing of the line in the sand on behavior.

Badger40 on November 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Indeed, it was an enormous mistake for the Church to allow homosexuals into the priesthood. – Rebar on November 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Active homosexuals are not allowed in the priesthood. All priests are to be supposed to be celibate, whether or not their sexual orientation is homosexual or heterosexual. And, they are supposed to teach Catholic doctrine on human sexuality. The scandal is that the church was involved in a coverup of sexual molestation. The molesters, whether they were homosexual or heterosexual, should have been handed over to the civil authorities for prosecution.

I am gay. If someone, anyone, molested any of my nieces or nephews, I would see to it that the full force of the law would be brought down upon them.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM

in fact just about ALL gay men I’ve known are pedos down deep.

bluegill on November 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM

And do ya also notice the KNOWN part?
I actually KNEW the people’s sexual habits of which I am speaking.
They were of age MEN f$%^ing young underage BOYS.
I KNEW these people & what they were doing.
They did drugs with my Uncle.
I was a kid & I personally saw & heard about these things.
So as you can see, the majority of the gay men I HAVE KNOWN, were pedos.
Dumba$$.

Badger40 on November 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM

And I think your choice is wrong.
I see that is why you do not agree with what I believe.
Nobody said YOU molested anybody.

Badger40 on November 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Since the Catholic Church came up I would like to ask if all of those cases were hetero priest or were they homo priests?

Yeah.

That doesn’t support your defense of homos very well. Thanks for playing.

jukin3 on November 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM

And I think your choice is wrong.
I see that is why you do not agree with what I believe.
Nobody said YOU molested anybody.
I am saying I have known many gay men & the majority of them were sick f%^&ing pedos. – Badger40 on November 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Badger your response does not deserve a reply, just my utter disgust and recognition of your state of mind.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM

According to just about every single black website I’ve ever visited, only white people are child molesters because whites are inherently evil and twisted. So naturally Clash’s skin color means this can’t possibly be true!

Smoothies on November 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Lourdes on November 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Nearly everyone loved Elmo. I remember that well.

bluegill on November 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Your ability to know what “nearly everyone” “loved” is remarkable. I’d be interested in reading more about how you accomplish that.

As I wrote earlier, I always found Elmo to be creepy. His annoying false falsetto to be indicative of an untrustworthy character. In other words, creepy.

You are likely not being realistic in your assumption that “nearly everyone loved Elmo” since it was a character sold to vulnerable kids by Leftwing actors. The same sort who sell many a bad story and bad character to vulnerable kids and call it something it isn’t, inlcuding themselves.

Elmo was creepy and now we see why.

Lourdes on November 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I was talking about my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
The data I refer to is from MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
Could you be a little more clueless?

You have some interesting personal experiences. What gives you such insights about pedophiles? How many do you personally know? And how do you personally know they were/are gay?

Are you still involved with pedophiles?

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Elmo was creepy and now we see why. – Lourdes on November 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I am a bit too old have any real knowledge of Sesame Street. And, the puppets in my day on TV did not have the voice of John Wayne and were always a bit screwy. Anyone here remember Lamb Chop and Howdy Doody?

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

So let me get this straight. You knew that there was a dangerous person with access to and influence over American kids and you sat by idly doing nothing.

Is that correct?

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Is that correct?

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Yeah, because making accusations about people on little else than an impression works wonders. Oh yeah, and there’s no slander laws to worry about right?

I think I trust Lourdes’ intuition more than this sort of tripe ‘reasoning’.

avgjo on November 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Are you still involved with pedophiles?

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

cptacek on November 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM

anti-gay pedophile or just anti-gay child pr0nographer

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM

cptacek on November 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Thank you. That was hilarious.

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Thank you. That was hilarious.

Capitalist Hog on November 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

What was hilarious about it? I assumed you missed it. Just trying to help out. Jeez.

cptacek on November 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM

The Public Brainwashing System’s (PBS) greatest concern is how sales of Fondle-Me-Elmo dolls for December will be hardest hit.

viking01 on November 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM

New this Christmas. “Prickle Me Elmo”.

Forgive me Jesus.

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Apparently this accusation couldn’t be brushed aside as being between “consenting adults”?

katiejane on November 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

New this Christmas. “Pr1ckle Me Elmo”.

Forgive me Jesus.

(Was my comment too edgy?)

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 4:00 PM

katiejane on November 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Yes. I wondered the same thing. You are one patient soul, you know.

bridgetown on November 21, 2012 at 10:18 AM

So are the people he calls homophobes because he can’t answer their points.

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

The left will salvage his image. Or try. I’ll bet you dinner. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in the form of a narrative to push the norm line once more. They’ve made so much headway with the gay agenda lately, what do they have to lose? – smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM

However, the system works in these cases, if Mr. Crash is prosecuted and found guilty or enters a guilty plea he should face whatever sentence the law states is appropriate. If he had been heterosexual, the same thing should be done. it is that damn plain and simple. If he is found guilty or admits guilt I don’t see him going back on Sesame Street. His actions are unacceptable for a children’s show.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM

So are the people he calls homophobes because he can’t answer their points.

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

What points haven’t I answered? Who did I call “homophobe”?

JetBoy on November 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM

His actions are unacceptable for a children’s show.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Aren’t his actions unacceptable, period?

cptacek on November 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Aren’t his actions unacceptable, period? – cptacek on November 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Of course they are, if he found guilty or admits his guilt. If that is the case, the Elmo character will be taken off the air and Mr. Crash can forget about ever returning to the Sesame Street Company or any part of the industry that he has been in for so many years. And, the same should apply for a heterosexual. Remember he created the character Elmo. All I can see coming out of this mess is a lot of bad “Tickle Me Elmo” jokes that children and adults will be using to put down people in the gay community.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

From the article:

The statement from Sesame Workshop, the organization that produces the show:

I take it from his action, resigning from the show, he is admitting his guilt.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Elmo was creepy and now we see why.

Lourdes on November 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

You’re entitled to your opinion, of course! I think your paranoia over a fictional Sesame Street character is more than a little silly, though. Having a funny voice should make a character suspect? Hmmm, okay. If you say so. Are you one of those people who was up in arms over Spongebob Squarepants, too? Surely that was another subversive, no-good character, according to you.

Seriously, the Elmo character is cute and loveable, and this unfortunate turn of events doesn’t change that. If you ever watched kids watching the show, you’ll know that Elmo is a favorite. He’s an affectionate and upbeat character. Sometimes there’s really not more to it than that. You don’t have to go seeing sex and left wing vs. right wing in everything.

bluegill on November 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM

What points haven’t I answered? Who did I call “homophobe”?

JetBoy on November 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM

You’re a fucking idiot because your movement was more important than your allies. And you’ll never understand it. You lost a good friend because of your personal bias and inability to argue without name-calling.

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Public broadcasting and the public education system are the greatest havens for sexual predators and pedos

kpguru on November 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM

The scandal did not affect all of the Catholic Church equally. Between the dioceses of the Catholic Church, there was a variation in whether they would ordain individuals who admitted to homosexual tendencies. The more traditionalist dioceses would not ordain individuals with such tendencies, and the more progressive ones would (as long as the candidates promised to remain celibate – but we all saw how that ended up). My own diocese (the Diocese of Arlington) is one of the more traditionalist dioceses, and did not ordain such individuals. Consequently, we only had one “problem priest”, and he was quickly discovered and swiftly dealt with.

72% of the victims of the church scandal were male. There is a message there.

It is one of the great ironies of the scandal that many progressives in the press thought that they were attacking the whole Catholic Church, but, in the end, it was the progressive wing which sustained most of the damage. There is a reason that the Catholic Church has been slowly turning to the right – it is not just over Obamacare.

SC – I am glad that you have an appreciation for that bright dividing line between consentual activity between adults, and pedophilia. The problem is that many of your compatriots (in grossly disproportionate numbers compared to the hetero community) do not.

SubmarineDoc on November 22, 2012 at 4:47 AM

smoothsailing on November 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM

…inability to argue without name-calling.

you mean like this: You’re a fucking idiot… ?

*facepalm*

I’m still wondering…What points haven’t I answered? Who did I call “homophobe”?

Happy Thanksgiving!

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM

He is an Elmosexual©

esnap on November 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM

You’re surprised someone had the audacity to call you a name back? Difference here is I not stupid enough to try to debate a point on the gay agenda. It would be a waste of time. I’m just making an observation. On a thread like this where it is clear, cut and dry that a gay has done something a despicable as can be done to a child you still try to turn it into a sympathy party for your community. Oh poor jetboy! How does he put up with the narrow-minded bigots who point out facts?

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Corporal Tunnel on November 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM

If you and any onthers really believe that tripe, then yes…you are most definitely idiots.

JetBoy on November 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Btw idiot, still is the first comment I read of yours on the thread. I threw in the f word rashly. I think I was a little heated that once again you had the chance to be objective but decided to turn your attention to some of the other comments here rather than comment on this man’s behavior. I don’t think you can help yourself though. Any critique of your community is bad I guess. Conservatives are tar and feathered over lesser things. Gay “conservatives” I think would rather side with liberals though to not make a big deal out of one in their community.

Facepalm right back at you double-standard boy.

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

For the third and last time…

What points haven’t I answered? Who did I call “homophobe”?

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

For the third and last time…

What points haven’t I answered? Who did I call “homophobe”?

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

For the third and last time, when are you ever going to make an unqualified comment condemning the behavior of one of your own? That’s one question you always avoid. Never a comment. Never.

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM

According to the NY Post Sesame Street has already taped episodes through 2014, so when ever you Elmo it will be this guy.

Patricksp on November 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Have I defended this creep in question…or made excuses for him…in any way? If so…

SHOW ME.

I have only defended the point that gays are not, by default, pedophiles…nor are more likely than heterosexuals to commit child abuse.

THAT’S ALL.

Now…you accused me of calling people “homophobe”…

SHOW ME.

This guy is a child molesting pedophile. I’m not God, but this tool should burn in Hell for all eternity. There is no excuse whatsoever for anyone to abuse children. It’s evil incarnate.

I have never, ever said anything less about anyone who abuses kids. But his sexual orientation is not important…as you seem to love thinking it is…and you’ve obviously been far more concerned about his “gayness” than you seem to be about his child victims and their well being. Screw the kids…it’s teh gheys who need to pay garblegarblegarble!

When a straight man sexually abuses a 9 year old girl, he’s a pedo. When a gay man sexually abuses a 9 year old boy, he’s only like all the other gays.

Right?

But I

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Meant to add…I love the “one of my own” statement…Nice…real nice.

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Meant to add…I love the “one of my own” statement…Nice…real nice.

JetBoy on November 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Was he gay or not?

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Was he gay or not?

smoothsailing on November 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Did I ever say he wasn’t? You’re the one who went off on his being gay…and I’m not sure, but if he were straight you wouldn’t think for one second that his heterosexuality had something to do with abusing kids.

Now…if you’d only show me calling out anyone as “homophobe” (as you accuse me of doing)

I won’t be holding my breath for it tho.

JetBoy on November 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Breaking news …………….. Mr. Clash was actually accused of having sex with underaged girls and is heterosexual. The initial reports that he was homosexual and having sex with underaged boys was incorrect./s

SC.Charlie on November 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I won’t be holding my breath for it tho.

JetBoy on November 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM

You don’t remember your anti-Christian “MILITANT” homophobe remark?

smoothsailing on November 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM

You don’t remember your anti-Christian “MILITANT” homophobe remark?

smoothsailing on November 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM

WHERE.

IS.

IT?

JetBoy on November 23, 2012 at 9:37 PM

All this attitude accomplishes is more harm for equal rights than any perceived good. You’re helping to set back gay equality for decades. This “in your face” nonsense, on both sides of this issue, needs to stop…or no one will take us seriously. You’re doing exactly what the militant homophobes do, and neither one of you are going to be taken seriously.

That goes for the extremists on both sides…from the self-righteous bible-thumping Evangelicals/Fundamentalists to the militant liberal Left hive-mind of hatred only around to make a scene.

JetBoy on July 29, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Here it is.

Again, you need a moral equivalent. Inthemiddle wasn’t enough of an ass to just call him an ass. You had to shame him into thinking he was as bad as those Bible-Thumping Homophones.

And save me the whining about how you were trying to say both sides were bad here. The story was about good American Christians showing their support for a restaurant they respected. Your comments were damage control for your real religion.

smoothsailing on November 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Here it is.

smoothsailing on November 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Game. Set. And match.

Dunedainn on November 24, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Here it is.

smoothsailing on November 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Are you sh*tting me? THAT is what you’re piddlin’ your pants over?

Go and read that entire thread, huh? inthemiddle is one of those militant activists…and yet you choose to attack me for criticizing that person? You’re a pip.

So you’re saying I “shamed” inthemiddle by calling him/her as bad as the “militant homphobes” in setting gay equality back and doing more harm than good? And that is supposedly your evidence of me calling someone a “homophobe”?

*facepalm*

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM

And also, please read everyone’s comments to inthemiddle…I’d say my response is tame by comparison.

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Are you sh*tting me? THAT is what you’re piddlin’ your pants over?

Did you call fellow Christians Militant Homophones or not? You wanted to make like you never do that. You did. With fellow Christians. That you won’t concede I was correct is telling. You’re even more irrational than I suspected. Facts are facts. You had more distain for Militant Bible-Thumpers than a person that said they were going to disrupt a peaceful show of support to a business with behavior they admitted was intended to disturb your fellow Christians.

You never get it. I’ve read a ton of your rationalization with even your friends on Hot Air and you never get it. The point was not the trolls behavior but how you reacted to it. You told him he was going to be as bad as the militant Bible-Thumpers if he did that. BTW, when I look to the devout nature of the woman I’m seeing, I don’t as a fellow Christian think, oh, Bible-Thumper. Ick! I ask myself what do I have to do to be more like her. You seem to only be satisfied with Christian behavior as it strays further from Biblical teachings.

*facepalm*

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM

You called fellow Christians militant homophones and Bible-Thumpers. Tell yourself whatever you need to to convince yourself you somehow didn’t. I’ve already read your comment.

smoothsailing on November 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM

smoothsailing on November 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM

What is wrong with you? I did not call Christians “militant homophobes”. And certainly didn’t call inthemiddle a homophobe…all I did was use the Evang/Fundy “bible-thumpers” as an opposite to inthemiddle’s far-Left liberal gay opinion in that both do more harm than good.

So how you see that as calling that person a homophobe doesn’t even make sense, a liberal gay is far from homophobic, no? As for the “bible-thumpers” I stand by that. In no way was I attacking Christianity, for gawds sake I’m Catholic…I only criticized those who use the bible to legislate secular law and/or those who go around judging everyone else but never themselves.

That’s some bit of epic word-twisting you did. You’d make a good liberal, they’re usually the experts on that sort of thing.

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

My God, are you stupid or is this some debate angle to avoid looking like you’ve lost your argument? I didn’t say you called inthemiddle a homophobe. Not even sure where you got that unless you’re very emotion in your comments here or like I said, just plain stupid.

Second. Why are trying insult people’s intelligence? You didn’t call Christians Militant Homophobes? Who the fuck are you referring to then after you talk about militant homophobes and then talk about Bible-thumping Evangelicals/Fundamentalists in the same comment?

Again, this makes no sense because I didn’t say you called him a homophobe. I’ll say it again right now, you called Christians militant homophobes. You can add comments till you’re blue in the face here and it doesn’t change your original comment that you said didn’t exist, asked me to provide, which I did. Own it.

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Epic word twisting? You’re verging on dishonesty. What a joke your opinion is. Any reasonable person would agree I’m stating exactly what you said.

smoothsailing on November 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

smoothsailing on November 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Then I suppose we’re at a stalemate.

I’ll give you credit for keeping this convo going this long. As far as I see this, you seem to really have something not just against gays, but against me personally. If not, my bad…it just seems that you do. I’ve only ever tried to be intellectually honest, civil, and open-minded. Unfortunately, I fail at that on occasion.

JB

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

JetBoy on November 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

There’s no stalemate. Your original comment was offensive and your attempt to explain it away is weak.

And in the wink of an eye you dismiss the entire conversation with your rationalizations. I must have something against gays because I want you to tell the truth. I must personally dislike you because you can’t justify your comment.

Really, you just fail. Completely.

smoothsailing on November 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

And then there were 3..someone who was 16 at the time will sue as early as Tue.

raccoonradio on November 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

And then there were 3..someone who was 16 at the time will sue as early as Tue.

raccoonradio on November 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

shhhh, it all quietly goes away.

hawkdriver on November 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM