Poll: OOTY prelims, flight 2

posted at 9:31 am on November 18, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Time to continue our polling for which of the Obamateurisms of the Week deserve to compete for the final Obamateurism of the Year award.  Last week, readers chose the President’s odd complaint about PR. This week, we look back on these OOTD gems:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Comments

They elected the enemy – again.

Philly on November 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Thank you Founding Fathers, we are eternally grateful for your far-sighted wisdom.

PatMac on November 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Too bad the OOTD feature has ended. This morning’s press conference would have been a great one contrasting Obama hemming, hawing, uhhing and umming, while the Thai Prime Minister wasn’t even speaking her native language, but was still able to clearly articulate her answers. I guess that’s the difference between actually believing in something and just trying to figure out what words will fool the most people.

RW_theoriginal on November 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Executive Orders on the horizon….

President Dictator for Life Chavez Obama

ProfShadow on November 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

PatMac on November 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Is it not painfully obvious that Barack Obama was the man the Founders were afraid may come to power at some point in the future?

What would the Founders have made of the mess we are in right now?

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

A system designed to make things difficult — very wise men, who were also petty and venal. If only we could have the first along with the latter two again.

rbj on November 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

No vote. Don’t care anymore.

skeedro on November 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

he has israel’s back…my left foot

cmsinaz on November 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

1st option is a good one

cmsinaz on November 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Those Founding Fathers, what nincompoops! The boobs weren’t visionary enough to imagine the brilliance of stinky and his gang. /s

sleyhook on November 18, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I see this as an exercise in futility. It makes no difference what he says or does. It’s already begun-once again- to be “my way or the highway” with Obama. Republicans according to the “FOX panel ” today have to work with him. After all HE WON!

AnnaS on November 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The United States I knew and loved is gone. I will never see it’s return, I’m too old and will not last to see it rise again. Lincoln’s words have haunted me for years and I’m saddened to see the truth of it come about. I hope that the younger generations will realize what danger they’re in and remake America into what it was intended to be. Return her to greatness and do a better job than we did.

Lincoln’s Jan. 27. 1838 address to the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, IL, entitled “The Perpetuation of our Political Institutions:”

At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest; with a Buonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years. At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

Oldnuke on November 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Founding Fathers comment reveals how little this dunce really understands America.

It’s too bad Hot Air is ending this feature. The 0bamateurism of the Decade would have been a real whopper.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

+1,000

Philly on November 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM

AnnaS on November 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM

ugh

the squishes are back in town

cmsinaz on November 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Oldnuke on November 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I’m sorry this had to happen so late in your lifetime. Frankly, I have always understood that the demise of America (the real America) would eventually happen, but I never thought it would happen in my lifetime either. Unfortunately, the Democrats and their cohorts in the GOP have accelerated things since I had my political awakening some years ago.

I am approaching 50 years of age, and I’m not sure America will come back in my lifetime, either (another 30 years or so?).

UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Well, he is the 4th best president ever.

“The issue here is not going be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we’ve got a lot more work to do.”

Preezy Obama: Let me put it this way. Ever hear of the Founding Fathers?

Steve Kroft: Yes.

Preezy Obama: Morons!

Fallon on November 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM

the squishes are back in town

cmsinaz on November 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

They never left town.

The only way to end D.C. culture is to keep the House members and Senators in town and have votes via “Go to meeting.com” or some other virtual meeting software. That would end the concentration of power and make it extremely expensive for lobbyists to buy off decisions. Another virtue would be that they wouldn’t need all the high paid aid’s writing and reading bills. They could actually do their jobs.

chemman on November 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Oldnuke on November 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Dead on! Obama isn’t the problem. The people who voted for him are the problem.
If America – the idea of America – is dead, then it died where it lived, in the hearts and minds of Americans. And it’s in those same Americans where it will be brought back to life again. It’ll take a long time and a lot of pain and suffering and bloodshed, to give it life again.
If we want to be free, or to pass freedom on to our children and grandchildren, we’re going to have to steel ourselves for a real fight.

Lew on November 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM

chemman on November 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM

what a concept

cmsinaz on November 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I can imagine Netanyahu laughing at the “I have Israel’s back” comment and saying, what a nebbish that Oblahabah.

CorporatePiggy on November 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

RW_theoriginal on November 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Did you see that? 0bama was smirking as he was talking about rockets raining down on peoples’ homes in Israel, like he was telling a joke or something. It was downright f**king creepy, creepier than Biden’s smirking, grinning, and laughing at the VP debate. I truly despise that piece of filth 0bama.

OT: Watching John Bolton on FOX right now. Last couple of times I’ve seen him, it looks like he has developed a slight nervous tick. Does he have some kind of disorder? I was really, really hoping that President Romney would have made him SoS. I hope he’s young and healthy enough to stick around for a Conservative president in 2016.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I know the general consensus seemed to be that it was time for this feature to go away, but I increasingly disagree. I don’t think Obama’s re-election is a sign of *his* political talent. It’s merely a sign of what is possible when nearly the whole of the media commits itself entirely to a man’s re-election. His political instincts brought F&F, Benghazi and perpetual 8% unemployment into being. There’s no President who would have been re-elected if even the smallest light had been shed upon that. So OOTD serves a critical purpose of highlighting all the things the MSM does not. It’s a useful reminder of the unending string of failures so that at the very lease we can point our skeptical liberal friends to a list and say, “How many of these things have you even heard of? And does it bother you that the media you consume does not see fit to inform you of them?”

Please reconsider. OOTD is still needed.

SoRight on November 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM

#1 sums up this creep’s whole presidency.

forest on November 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM

UltimateBob

It won’t. America is gone, and will never come back. While our troops are fighting overseas to protect other nations, we’re being conquered from within right here at home without even putting up a fight.

xblade on November 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I vote the 2012 election as the Republicanteurism Of The Year.

WordsMatter on November 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM

CorporatePiggy on November 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Regards from Jerusalem but even I know that the OOTY pic is #1 here.

Shy Guy on November 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM

xblade on November 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM

You’re right, it will take generations before enough people smarten up enough to create another America-like free nation from the ashes of the old one.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I voted for #5. It won’t be the winner but it seems relevant to the events in Israel at the moment.

22044 on November 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I think you have to include leaving WH for Las Vegas for fundraising after Bengazi attack on this list.

COgirl on November 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM

The 0bamateurism of the Decade would have been a real whopper.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM

The whopper of the decade: His presidency

Pazman on November 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

The whopper of the decade: His presidency

Pazman on November 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Um, I believe you’re supposed to put a *Spoiler Alert!* on a post like this, lol.

Fallon on November 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM

What would the Founders have made of the mess we are in right now?

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I can tell you with certainty what they’d have made of it – and what they’d have already done about a couple of years ago – but I’d be banned.

Midas on November 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Oldnuke on November 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM

This Republic has been abolished several times, beginning with the 16th president. She always seems to bounce back. If she could survive Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, & Johnson, she can survive this SOB. Then again, maybe the cumulative effect of this rogues gallery will finally do us in.

Akzed on November 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM

#1, says the noted Constitutional Scholar. What a complete embarrassment.

KS Rex on November 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

It is great to be king.

CW on November 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

“Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”

This one had to be directed at his base, any time they whine about him not furthering their far left agenda. He always blames some outside factor, rather than admit that he got nothing done because he spent too much time golfing and not enough time actually working.

UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM

It is the Enemy with in and they are in!
From the White House to the Senate and House, the Enemy is here!
We have to root them out and kick them out!
God help us all.

Delsa on November 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Not only does this statement reveal how little he understands America, but it’s also typical 0bama in that he has an excuse for everything. UltimateBob on November 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Think of it: blaming Bush is bad enough, but in #1 he’s blaming Washington, Madison, Adams, etc. When’s he gonna call out Paul Revere?

Akzed on November 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I was so hoping to never have to see that face with his snotty nose in the air!

I went with #1 also. bho would love nothing better than to be the dictator/king of the US, IMO. And most of the time he already acts like one!
L

letget on November 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

It’s worse than that! The problem isn’t that he “doesn’t get” America. The problem is that he doesn’t believe in America!
He is at heart a hard left intellectual, and as such he really doesn’t believe that a free society can work without an enlightened governing elite to protect us from ourselves.
He reveals himself every day in small unthinking ways, and reminds me of every arrogant little Assistant Professor that I studied under when I was a grad student.

Lew on November 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Argh!!! Impossible to choose… each and every one them illustrates why this moron should never have been elected president in the first place. And in doing so, shows how profoundly f*@%ed America is for reelecting him.

I can’t play anymore. It was amusing at one time, but no longer.

ProfessorMiao on November 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Akzed on November 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

January, 2017- Right about when Moochelle b!tches about how heavy her suitcases are after she’s packed away all the White House sterling.

M240H on November 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM

…#2…the Education President…has to keep them stupid so they can vote for people like him!

KOOLAID2 on November 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Midas on November 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Would it have to do with public humiliation via the application of crudely refined petroleum followed by the liberal application of poultry plumage?

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Please reconsider. OOTD is still needed.

SoRight on November 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM

……THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

KOOLAID2 on November 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I voted for the Founders.

And, I have to also agree with SoRight. Please reconsider Ed, that’s all I ask.

D-fusit on November 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

There’s also the matter of transporting them out of town on a rail (and I don’t mean Amtrack, Joe). Off the top of my head I can think of several media types that deserve similar consideration…on air.

CitizenEgg on November 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM

“I have Israel’s back”. Another term for sodomy.

MaiDee on November 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I am going to miss the OOTD. It’s still needed as long as the MSM continues to cover for the man.

Unlike voting against Obama for president, this week´s OOTY was tough. I want to pick four of them.

tuffy on November 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Friggin’ Founders….

What’s a Marxist to do?

Tim_CA on November 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I, too, ask that this feature be continued. Ed, if you don’t want to do it, get some whippersnapper to write it. Every morning when I wake up, this is the first thing I read. It gives me hope that others know where we are and I am not alone. Please pass the torch, don’t snuff it out. Your advertisers will thank you as well.

Irene Flick on November 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Irene Flick on November 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I agree with you. It was the first thing I looked at when I got on HA and voted!
L

letget on November 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

#1, says the noted Constitutional Scholar. What a complete embarrassment.

KS Rex on November 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Constitutional scholar my azz, he never authored a book in his life, or even an article in this field, the only thing he’s ever written is his idiotic narcissist memoirs…

jimver on November 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Midas on November 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

turfman, do you write manuals for the government? :)

Pazman on November 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Using the theory that an OOTD/W/Y is a sign of ineptness and not thinking about the job rather than being a complete Marxist who is unfortunately good at the politics of personal destruction and the abuse of our allies, I chose the school vouchers option. It’s in DC, so if he’d paid even the slightest attention to what was going around him he should have known about that (ditto about should have known about the Boeing plant, but the initial position fits his Unions forever philosophy, with the veneer of lying to cover his, uh, backside.)

——

Midas on November 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

turfmann on November 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I was wondering if Midas were thinking more of (judiciously edited Emerson):

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
….

Kevin K. on November 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

The UN speech about “The future must not belong to those who insult the prophet of Islam” will win for the year.

Craven, lying and insane, all in one.

profitsbeard on November 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

THE OBAMATEURISMS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

Marcola on November 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

THE OBAMATEURISMS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!!!

Marcola on November 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM