Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on November 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

The polite praise initially showered upon Mitt Romney for having waged a good fight against President Obama has given way to a plea from some Republicans: Please stop talking.

A week after the election, as Republicans examine how to recalibrate and regain their footing, Mr. Romney’s suggestion that he lost the race because of the “gifts” that Mr. Obama gave to black, Latino and young voters did not sit well with some party leaders gathered here for a meeting of the Republican Governors Association.

***

A handful of prominent Republicans criticized Mitt Romney for his disparaging remarks about President Barack Obama’s “gifts” to core constituencies, saying that it was the wrong message to send voters as the party tries to rebuild itself after a bruising defeat.

“I don’t think it’s helpful,” Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad told POLITICO at the Republican Governors Association conference on Thursday. “I guess my feeling is that we need to turn the page, and we need to focus on the future and not make excuses for the past.”

In Las Vegas to attend the RGA conference, Florida Gov. Rick Scott called Romney’s comments “inappropriate.”

“It’s wrong, it’s not true,” Scott told POLITICO, adding: “What we’ve got to do is say we want every vote, we want to take care of every citizen in our state.”

***

“I don’t want to rebut him point by point,” Rubio said of Romney. “I would just say to you, I don’t believe that we have millions and millions of people in this country that don’t want to work. I’m not saying that’s what he said. I think we have millions of people in this country that are out of work and are dependent on the government because they can’t find a job.”

Rubio added that the economy is not producing jobs and many unemployed workers don’t have the required skills for vacant positions, “and therein lies the challenge for the conservative movement; how do our ideas help change that.”

***

The White House today said Mitt Romney is “at odds with the truth” for the belief, as he told donors on a call, that “extraordinary financial gifts” from the administration to minority voters won the election for President Obama…

“Making it easier for Americans to go to college, that’s good for America. It’s good for all Americans. It’s good for the economy,” Carney said. “Making health care available to young people who can stay on their parents’ plans. That’s good for those families it’s good for those young people so they aren’t bankrupted in their 20s by an illness.

“The president pursues policies that have at their core a desire to build the middle class, strengthen the middle class, make the middle class more secure because that’s what makes America more secure,” said Carney. “It’s just not the view we take about the decision the American people made last week.”

***

Most everybody agrees that Obama’s decision to exempt young illegal immigrants from deportation helped him win a massive victory among Latinos. But Romney’s inartful comment about “gifts” belies a more serious long-term problem for the GOP in appealing to Latinos.

The problem: Whether you call them “gifts” or “government services,” they are very popular with Latinos. And that doesn’t jibe with the core principles of the Republican Party…

This is a big reason why we’ve seen such a swift GOP backlash against Romney for his comments. The “47 percent” and “gifts” rhetoric can be hugely harmful to this effort, and Republicans want to put it behind them in a hurry.

The GOP may correct its course on immigration reform in the coming weeks and months; convincing Latinos to buy into its small-government philosophy will take considerably more time.

***

The conference call underlined what I have been saying for well over a year: that Mr. Romney has no idea what conservatism offers 100 percent of Americans who believe that freedom leads to prosperity and centralized planning is a road to serfdom. That message led Margaret Thatcher to an unlikely victory in 1979 and Ronald Reagan to a historical landslide a year later. And if Mr. Romney believes that message is no longer relevant to Hispanics and African-Americans, he should’ve stayed in La Jolla to oversee the building of his car elevator.

The future belongs to conservatism. It’s time Republicans start electing leaders who actually believe it

***

1. Stop looking backward. We have to boldly show what the future can look like with the free market policies that we believe in. Conservative ideals are aspirational, and our country is aspirational.

2. Compete for every single vote. The 47% and the 53%. And any other combination of numbers that adds up to 100 percent. President Barack Obama and the Democrats can continue trying to divide America into groups of warring communities with competing interests, but we will have none of it. We are going after every vote as we try to unite all Americans…

6. Quit “big.” We are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, or big anything. We must not be the party that simply protects the well off so they can keep their toys. We have to be the party that shows all Americans how they can thrive. We are the party whose ideas will help the middle class, and help more folks join the middle class. We are a populist party and need to make that clear.

***

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Dire and Schadenfreude.

Bmore on November 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Romney: Gifts

Rush: Santa Claus

When it comes to a good portion of Obarfy’s base, they’re entirely right.

blatantblue on November 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Pravda owns you.

Common sense is futile.

FlaMurph on November 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

ObamaPhone..
Oh Yeah..
Romney sucks…BAD!!!

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Romney is absolutely right. Ogabe bought off the mob with bread and circuses.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”–Alexis de Toqueville

quikstrike98 on November 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Jindal..

Luv ya..

But we have a nation to save..

Get with it, Man!

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Agree with Jindal.

If we follow the Romney recipe again we will lose.

Norwegian on November 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

BMore won’t be here tonight. He is painting whirlygigs.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

A note to Rubio and Jindal.. Could you please wait until after the Christmas break to start your campaigns? Also, note to Rubio.. Generally, people who want to be President generally come up with ideas to challenges. Just saying.

Illinidiva on November 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I don’t want another non-Natural Born person. One is more than enough.

Interesting….
Subject: I wrote a book Who am I?

Who is this? (Answer at the end.) This is a true story. It is probably NOT the person you think it is.

I WROTE A BOOK ABOUT MY STRUGGLES

I was born in one country, raised in another.

My father was born in another country.

I was not his only child.

He fathered several children with numerous women.

I became very close to my mother, as my father showed no interest in me.

My mother died at an early age from cancer.

Although my father deserted me and my mother raised me, I later wrote a book idolizing my father, not my mother.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

My birth records were sketchy.

No one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth certificate.

I grew up practicing one faith but converted to Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my new country, but I practiced non-traditional beliefs and didn’t follow Christianity, except in the public eye under scrutiny.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.

That was before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.

It was clear to those who read my memoirs, that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics in my 30s. Then, with help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office in my 40s

They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone into anything

I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history and no experience in leading a single organization.

Yet I was a powerful speaker, and citizens were drawn to me as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.

I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.

This bolstered my ego.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country’s foreign policy…

I was very critical of my country in the last war and seized every opportunity to bash my country.

But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country’s economy.

I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could do better, and every poor person would be fed and housed for free.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.

It was the free market, banks and corporations.

I decided to start making citizens hate them; and, if they became envious of others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

I called mine “A People’s Campaign.”

That sounded good to all people.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain widespread popular support.

I knew that if I merely offered the people ‘hope’, together we could change our country and the world.

So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were on behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include “persecuted minorities.”

My true views were not widely known, and I kept them unknown until after I became my nation’s leader.

I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out what I really believed if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with. I’m glad they didn’t.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.
And then the world learned the truth.

Who am I?
answer: ADOLPH HITLER

If you were thinking of SOMEONE ELSE , you should be scared … very scared!

VorDaj on November 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

“If you give liberals a dime they will complain it’s not a quarter.”

-General Robert E. Lee

Bishop on November 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Agree with Jindal.

If we follow the Romney recipe again we will lose.

Norwegian on November 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Then..
The moochers have already won…

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

i’m ordering the popcorn now for the coming civil war within the gop.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

1. No more RINOs

2. Sell conservatism on its own – no pandering, no BS, no “messaging”, no “inclusion”. Articulate and offer conservatism as a choice.

3. Destroy media.

Order as you prefer.

kim roy on November 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

quikstrike98 on November 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

And this too.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”

― Alexis de Tocqueville

derft on November 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Actually Pliny the Elder said it first, not General Lee Harvey Oswald.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

lol?

– “and therein lies the challenge for the conservative movement; how do our ideas help change that.”

I think I made that argument yesterday. Our ideas can help change that, by the way, by being implemented by our elected representatives (if Rubio or anyone else is fuzzy about that part).

Axe on November 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

American voters in general seem to be much more moronic than they were in the past.

It used to be they voted for the democrats to enlarge government hand outs to themselves. Then when that destroyed the economy, they were smart enough to rebound and elect Republicans to enlarge the tax payer base and get the damned slaves back to producing taxes for the sponges. I guess this go round they just want to get what they can before they force a bigger crash than 2008.

astonerii on November 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Most everybody agrees that Obama’s gift of illegal exemption of decision to exempt young illegal immigrants from legal deportation helped him win a massive victory among Latinos. But the complaints of Romney’s impolitically speaking the truth inartful about “gifts” belies a more serious long-term problem for the GOP in appealing to Latinos.

Basilsbest on November 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

i’m ordering the popcorn now for the coming civil war within the gop.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Me too! I hope the side that says “Give the demorats everything they want” wins the war. That would be cool.

Bishop on November 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

i’m ordering the popcorn now for the coming civil war within the gop.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

You do realize there is not tax right-off now..

Thanks…

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

…student loans going from 3% to 6 or 7% was a good thing?

KOOLAID2 on November 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Reality T.V. full stop. Real Housewives, Kardashians, etc.

Illinidiva on November 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

…student loans going from 3% to 6 or 7% was a good thing?

KOOLAID2 on November 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Not for me..

My daughter is in the middle of collage

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Me thinks,that Hopey giving Free

…..HealthCare to 26 year olds…

….Obama administration to stop deporting some young illegal immigrants

….Obama to give amnesty to young illegal aliens

kinda,helped Changey buy,er,get votes!

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

You people obviously don’t care about wind energy.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Not to worry, Bobbo. You can kiss DemAzz and they’ll still demonize you. Don’t cheapen yourself. You’re wasting your time.

Key West Reader on November 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

L.I.F.B., for f*ck’s sake.

We’ll deal with the fall out.

NapaConservative on November 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

“If you like your doctor, you can keep him. If you like your plan, you can keep it. If you like your full-time, middle-class job, um, er, ah, ur, eh, uh, em…”

Resist We Much on November 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The problem with wind energy is that there isn’t enough wind.

If only there was a way to produce wind efficiently.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You people obviously don’t care about wind energy.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

If we could invent a TOTUS to Wind generaor coupler..

The world would saved…

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

These past few years, the dems have completely exposed themselves as socialists/marxists/communists/racists. They don’t even pretend otherwise, anymore. The trinkets handed out to the idiots only enhanced their usefulness…

Gohawgs on November 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You people obviously don’t care about wind energy.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

LOL I am so laughing thx!

Is anyone else getting script error on this page and/or how the heck do you get rid of it????

CoffeeLover on November 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

My solar powered wind generator is the solution to the wind energy crisis.

On sunny days it produces the wind that the wind turbines need.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

M2RB: The Eagles

Resist We Much on November 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Was that trip necessarily?

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

My daughter is in the middle of collage

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

…I have three going!…and I know yours is not in for photography Eg!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on November 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I got it.

Random lots. Three year terms.

There.

*whew*

No statue required.

Axe on November 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

The problem with solar powered wind generators is that there isn’t enough sun at night to produce wind for the turbines.

Plus some days are cloudy.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

My solar powered wind generator is the solution to the wind energy crisis.

On sunny days it produces the wind that the wind turbines need.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Big deal. I have a process to make asphalt shingles and plastics from wind.

Eventually I’ll be able to figure out how to lubricate ball bearings with wind too.

Bishop on November 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Me thinks,that Hopey giving Free

…..HealthCare to 26 year olds…

….Obama administration to stop deporting some young illegal immigrants

….Obama to give amnesty to young illegal aliens

kinda,helped Changey buy,er,get votes!

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

HEY STOP THAT!!! You are being indelicate and not “messaging” properly. The RINOs will think that you aren’t pandering properly.

There’s no such thing as buying votes or giving freebies.

Nothing to see here… move along… move along….

kim roy on November 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Let us be realistic… Our way to win the Presidency in 2016 should focus on the following:

1. First, we need to get over 65% of the WHITE VOTE… This should be done by relentlessly exposing all the taxpayers money wasted on the parasite class of the inner cities.

2. Try to increase our share among the Latino vote to 35% by advocating for the good work ethics and social conservative values of a large number of Latinos.

3. Pass a non-damaging policy to give illegal immigrants renewable work permits but with the absolute condition that they will never be able to become citizens.

4. Campaign on conservative social issues only among the segment of the electorate that is very interested in it.

5. Make sure that secondary players such a Senate, House, and Governor candidates do not make stupid mistakes like Akin or Murdoch.

6. Campaign on Free Market Capitalism and against Socialism… Call it by name Socialism and do not mince words on this issue.

mnjg on November 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The Pappy Plan to restore America.

RINOs and Ruling classers could listen up (Jindal/Rove/Barbour/etc.)

1. Seal the border.
(saves entitlements, eliminates a huge new strain on welfare, medicare, social security, etc.)

2. 10% across the board CUTS in Federal spending.
And I mean $350 billion in cuts this year, $300 billion the next year, $260 billion the next year, etc.

BOOM, “FAIR”, “SHARED SACRIFICE”, and “a fair shake”.

Do it, and Mitt…….you loser, get lost.

PappyD61 on November 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bishop on November 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

they’re early favorites.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My coal powered light generator produces the light that the solar powered wind generators need to make wind for the wind turbines to produce electricity.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Uh, Joe, Romney did campaign on that message and it fell flat. This bizzare notion that Romney was not trying to appeal to all voters is wrong. He did that and lost, and he realizes why. His mistake was not being cynical enough.

SAZMD on November 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

CoffeeLover on November 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

AP linked to an ABC video.

RickB on November 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone – Frédéric Bastiat

it is not strictly and urban thing, it is a human thing…a Buffet thing…it is a knife fight over the wealth country. Let me know when Rs start quoting famous right thinking people…classical liberals.

r keller on November 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Resist We Much on November 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

No, no, no. All wrong. Here’s how you do that:

The president has been tireless and diligent in modernizing the work conditions of middle class parents, easing the unnecessary time-stresses of modern women and families.

Axe on November 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Jindal…….in case you haven’t noticed you live in a different country now.

it’s TEATERMERICA.

PappyD61 on November 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I need more camping gear.

wolly4321 on November 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Dire and Schadenfreude.

Bmore on November 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Starve the looters!

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

they’re early favorites.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Sweet music to my ears.

Higher taxes, more spending, amnesty, regulations, executive orders; lock it all in with as much gusto as possible.

You think I’m kidding but I’m not.

Bishop on November 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

************** ALERT ******************

Correspondent: Israeli airstrikes on Gaza continue for 3rd day – @AlArabiya_Eng

7 mins ago from twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng by editor
=======================================================

Conflict along the Gaza Strip Live
Rolling coverage of events along the Gaza Strip
***********************************************

Another screen grab from the Gaza Strip, captured via the Reuters live stream, from moments ago.

[***********Live video] Skyline of Gaza***************

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Bmore on November 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Was that trip necessarily?

Electrongod on November 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I’m sooooo loving that Glenn McCoy ‘toon at the bottom. The Left claims all of the time that America is such a horrible place because, well you know, it doesn’t have single-payer healthcare, free college education, free government housing, high-speed rail, government-provided vacays, etc; yet, unlike the socialist/communist countries that they have loved and love, we need to build border fencing to KEEP PEOPLE OUT. The Workers’ Paradises had to build walls and electric fences with armed guards to KEEP PEOPLE IN!

Resist We Much on November 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Jindal or Rubio would both be good nominees. They cant be both on the ticket seeing how close LA and FL are.

Flapjackmaka on November 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

they’re early favorites.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

And history will show, again, that the communist philosophy is so successful.

NapaConservative on November 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

The weapons Hamas uses against Israel are from the US, via Libya.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Must give Rubio credit, he is airy fluffy but he is a great speaker and manages to string sentences together without saying uh or umm every other word.

Illinidiva on November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I jes put a pipe up mu butt and connect’d it over t’ the generator and what not, and ever naht, i turn th’ valve Jesse put on ‘er, to keep it in and what not, and th’ idea is that, instead of lahtin’ farts and what not, you can collect ‘em and then run th’ generator on ‘em and what not.

It’s a good idea, but dangerus. Hank done blowed himsef up, down the road and what not. But Hank didn’t have this valve thang that Jesse put on ‘er. I got a valve an everthang.

So — Anyhoo — we’ll see.

Axe on November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I see Jindal’s point..Just not sure I quite buy all of it..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hey, maybe Romney is doing this on purpose, to allow potential nominees to distance themselves from him to show that the GOP is moving on and “learning.” At least that’s what I want to believe.

SAZMD on November 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I visit many left sites as well to get a feel for their thinking and it is getting beyond bizarre. The majority feel completely emboldened with this latest win. All insisting on Obama not to give an inch. Keep his boot to the neck of the GOP.

My god, as a northerner witnessing this is pretty scary. At least up here being a resource rich economy, we can ride out the next 4 years. The left has no idea what is coming in the states:

2013: congress agrees to tax increases and minimal cuts, unemployment continues to rise to 10%
2014: election pandering on immigration results in amnesty, Middle East blows up (Syria/Iran/Egypt/Israel) take your pick
Obamacare goes into full effect, voter outrage ensues but produces status quo in elections
2015: Obama pushes through another trillion stimulus
2016: more electioneering

Welcome to your lost decade.

can_con on November 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Did you see? Bishop is going to vote for “Dave” next election.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

You cannot resist the power of the dark side..:):)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

coldwarrior, I hope you are doing well.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Nice link..Things are heating up in the Middle East..:(

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

There’s no such thing as buying votes or giving freebies.

Nothing to see here… move along… move along….

kim roy on November 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

kim roy:

Lol,D*mmitt,your right,I must be a Bitter Sore Loser,
or at least,thats the Lefty Talking point as of late!:)

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I see Jindal’s point..Just not sure I quite buy all of it..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

he’s basically saying that instead of letting oabama and the left promise all the goodies to all segments, interest groups and minorities in our society, the republicans should ‘outreach’ and basically do the same :-)…and then the public will be so confused by all the promises coming from both sides, that maybe they will vote Republican :-)

jimver on November 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Axe on November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hehe, poor Hank. Yet another hapless victim of your Butt Pipe.

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

SparkPlug on November 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I saw that..Too bad Dave is not here..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Winning in 2016 is actually pretty easy. Run on the following:

-Amnesty for all illegals
-Unlimited unemployment, 99 weeks is too short
-Increases to Social Security – you can now retire at 60 instead of 65
-Forgive all college loan debt
-Obam-iPhones
-Etc.

Then…do just the opposite, all the while SAYING you’re doing exactly what you promised. It’s what this eighwhole POTUS has done for two straight elections. Why not follow suit?

CycloneCDB on November 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You cannot resist the power of the dark side..:):)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Resist it? I enable it, with Schadenfreude!

Fools deserve no less. Jan/Feb will be lots of fun.

It is the land of the free fools, in the majority now.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Who am I?
answer: ADOLPH HITLER

If you were thinking of SOMEONE ELSE , you should be scared … very scared!

VorDaj on November 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

But just imagine how bad Hitler would’ve been had his mother also abandoned him, as Obama’s did, yet made sure he was mentored by a dedicated communist, p*rn addict, and pedophile like Frank Marshall Davis (perhaps his real father, as many have surmised). While Hitler was an artist of sorts, Obama has yet to paint his own masterpiece, something that should be feared. It could make Hitler’s “art” look like a child’s scribblings.

TXUS on November 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You think I’m kidding but I’m not.

Bishop on November 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

when should we come to collect your guns?

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The biggest scam in America is “Big Higher Education”… Over 50% of the degrees awarded in colleges and universities are worthless degrees without any real economic values, most in the arts and humanities… There must be a law forcing the “Big Higher Education” institutions to show a student applying for a certain major what are the probability of him/her getting a degree in his field and how he/she will be paid based in 10 years market data… Moreover no taxpayers loans shall be given to any student who is studying a major with little economic value with little work opportunity and with little salary… We should not give $ 200,000 student loan for someone studying a silly degree in arts and humanities where he/she either would not find a job in their field or would get paid little money that make it impossible for them to pay the loan…

mnjg on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Jindal and Rubio would be awesome if you could combine them into one nominee. Jindal is smart, but remember the speech he gave in 2009 and the disaster that was. Rubio on the other hand is fluff, but he can definitely present himself well. Separately they have huge problems. I think Rubio wins the battle style over substance. I guess that it’ll be an interesting experiment to see if fluff wins in general or if this is just a Democrat thing.

Illinidiva on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Romney should have tied the “gifts” to the 16 trillion debt. $40,000 per young person, $130,000 per hispanic family.

monalisa on November 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Why not follow suit?

CycloneCDB on November 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You’d have to outlie Pinocchio/Muenchhausen/Orwell/Goebbels and Machiavelli, and have the media market and cheerlead for you.

You think they’ll do this for you?

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

when should we come to collect your guns?

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Be careful. You’re treading on many things sacred.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

when should we come to collect your guns?

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Come over and open your mouth. I’ll show you.

Resist We Much on November 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

jimver on November 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

heh..I think he is saying we need to go after all voters with our (GOP message) on the ground level and not 30,000 ft..I just do not buy that folks do not like “free stuff” when I and most know that they do..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

when should we come to collect your guns?

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Molon Labe

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I had a haircut like that when I was fifteen too. That was somewhere around 1995.

dczombie on November 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

This Site – all of the fakes putting posts on it, and all of the maddened terriers posting comments are all so, so LOST!!!

Lost in a cloud of Onanism, Self-Absorption and Narcissism…….

williamg on November 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Boo-frickin’ hoo. You party leaders are the ones what forced Romney down our throats and now you are complaining about him telling the truth? Because you couldn’t out promise the democrats? I’m more concerned about you fools than Romney. Romney is over and done, you clowns are now looking for who the next Romney will be in 2016.

How about this: No more RINO’s! Nominate a real, articulate conservative who is going to provide a clear, consistent message on limited federal government and increased prosperity for everyone through a free market. Point out the absolute BS about “the rich” needing to pay their “fair share”. Last time I looked, 35% is greater than 28% is greater than 20% is greater than 15% is greater than 0% that those in the lower tax brackets pay. Only exception is capital gains, and the money that produced that has already been taxed at the corporate level and at regular income level when it was invested in the capital asset to start with in addition to the fact that there is no guarantee of profit when making such an investment (Check out Circuit City, KrispyKreme, K-Mart, or Best Buy for example or GM Bonds as a second example in which the government actually violated contract law to defraud the bondholders)

AZfederalist on November 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Romney’s right. And it’s not just cell phones and contraception. It’s Obama’s entire view that government should provide everything for everyone. His jobs bill and stimulus was for government, not the private sector. And if people are hurting, they’re not going to care about the economy as a whole until their situation gets better. They’re dependent on government and it’s a vicious cycle that Dems can’t break out of. Look at California.

MrX on November 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Umm no, Romney isn’t doing this on purpose. He geuinely hates Obama. None of these guys like each other. There could probably be a complex thesis on the Obama-Ryan relationship and all the stuff going on there. And Obama famously doesn’t like Romney. And Romney is disgusted that Obama bought the election.

Illinidiva on November 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Lost in a cloud of Onanism, Self-Absorption and Narcissism…….

williamg on November 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Onanism?

Axe on November 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

If you were thinking of SOMEONE ELSE , you should be scared … very scared!

VorDaj on November 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I’ve been scared darn near my whole life and I’m tired of it. I am now in search of a tropical paradise.

The Cook Islands are calling my name, or something.

JPeterman on November 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Nice link..Things are heating up in the Middle East..:(

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on November 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Dire Straits:Evening Dire,check out the Iron Dome in action:)
==============================================================

‘Iron Dome rockets intercept incoming missile from #Gaza taken from Ashkelon’: BBC’s @YolandeKnell http://bbc.in/Srbg1W

19 hours ago from twitter.com/BBCWorld by editor

=======

Iron Dome Intercept above a outdoor cafe’

אזעקה בבאר שבע+12 ירוטים מוצלחים
*********************************

Published on Nov 15, 2012 by Shay Malul

ההתקפה הראשונה בבאר שבע בתחילת מבצע”עמוד ענן” צולם בחתונה.
ביצוע מדהים של כיפת ברזל יותר מ-12 יירוטים מוצלחים
צילום:שי מלול

canopfor on November 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

when should we come to collect your guns?

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Hey, any time. Just give us a ring beforehand so we’ll have them ready for you.

AZfederalist on November 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Molon Labe

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

just be a sweetheart and drop’em off one day.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

The old guard of Rs are fools.

The benchers are also fools. Just in the last 3 days: Rubio, Jindal and even Rand Paul. That Ayote woman is incredibly insufferable.

Good night America.

Welcome to AmeriKa RWM and JPeterson.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

just be a sweetheart and drop’em off one day.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

You don’t know what you said.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Hey, any time. Just give us a ring beforehand so we’ll have them ready for you.

AZfederalist on November 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

not like you need them for anything.

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

when should we come to collect your guns?

sesquipedalian on November 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

sesquipedalian:

So,your trying to rile up,Team Right over guns,in hopes of getting a
commenter to blow a gasket,with the ultimate goal,of getting them
banned!