Obama on GOP opposition to Susan Rice: You want to come after someone over Benghazi, come after me

posted at 4:36 pm on November 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, I don’t know where to begin here. At 2:05, he says he agrees that it’s important to find out what happened in Benghazi and that the administration’s provided every bit of information it has. Not true. He still hasn’t told us precisely what he instructed the military to do, or not do, after the attack was underway. All he’s said is that he issued some sort of directive to “make sure we are securing our personnel.” What did the directive say, explicitly? At what point during the attack did he issue it? Did securing our personnel include sending reinforcements to the annex to assist the CIA security team after they allegedly called for help? He keeps deflecting these questions with claims that we need to “investigate” but he knows the answers to all of that. He simply refuses to say. So far.

Beyond that, how is this some sort of sterling defense of Susan Rice?

“As I said before, she made an appearance at the request of the White House in which she gave her best understanding of the intelligence that had been provided to her,” Obama said at the press conference, defending the statements the ambassador to the U.N. made regarding the Benghazi attack.

What on earth was Rice doing on the Sunday shows in the first place? Two months later, I’ve yet to see an explanation of that in the media. She’s the ambassador to the UN; she has no firsthand knowledge of what happened in Benghazi the way, say, Hillary or Petraeus or John Brennan or Tom Donilon or other people who dealt with the crisis would have. They might as well have sent Carney or Axelrod out there if they wanted someone to mindlessly flack talking points. But since O’s now admitting that she was only saying what the White House wanted her to say, let’s go back to her chat-show appearance on ABC. The left’s tried to redeem her periodically since then by noting that Rice never claimed that the attack was merely a protest that got out of hand; what she said was that there was a protest, and then jihadis showed up while the protest was going on and started attacking the consulate. But that’s untrue: According to the best independent account of the attack I’ve seen, the AP’s, 150 jihadis showed up 90 minutes before the attack and began methodically setting up roadblocks to isolate the consulate. At some point, one of them convinced (intimidated?) a group of bystanders to chant about the movie, presumably for propaganda value. There was never any “spontaneous protest” that was hijacked by terrorists. It was a terrorist operation from the start.

But so what, you say. Rice spoke five days after the attack; the full story of what happened hadn’t been sorted out yet. She was only telling you what the CIA told her. In that case, explain this:

TAPPER: Why was there such a security breakdown? Why was there not better security at the compound in Benghazi? Why were there not U.S. Marines at the embassy in Tripoli?

RICE: Well, first of all, we had a substantial security presence with our personnel…

TAPPER: Not substantial enough, though, right?

RICE: … with our personnel and the consulate in Benghazi. Tragically, two of the four Americans who were killed were there providing security. That was their function. And indeed, there were many other colleagues who were doing the same with them.

It obviously didn’t prove sufficient to the — the nature of the attack and sufficient in that — in that moment. And that’s why, obviously, we have reinforced our remaining presence in Tripoli and why the president has very — been very clear that in Libya and throughout the region we are going to call on the governments, first of all, to assume their responsibilities to protect our facilities and our personnel, and we’re reinforcing our facilities and our — our embassies where possible…

TAPPER: But why…

RICE: … and where needed.

TAPPER: Why would we not have Marines at the embassy in Tripoli to begin with? It would seem like this — this is obviously an unstable country. This is a region where U.S. interests have been attacked in previous months. Why were there not Marines there to begin with?

RICE: First of all, there are Marines in some places around the world. There are not Marines in every facility. That depends on the circumstances. That depends on the requirements. Our presence in Tripoli, as in Benghazi, is relatively new, as you will recall. We’ve been back post-revolution only for a matter of months.

But I’ve visited there myself, both to Tripoli and Benghazi. I was very grateful to have a strong security presence with me as part of our — our embassy detachment there. So we certainly are aware that Libya is a place where there have been increasingly some violent incidents. The security personnel that the State Department thought were required were in place. And we’ll see when the investigation unfolds whether what was — what transpired in Benghazi might have unfolded differently in different circumstances.

Show of hands: Knowing what you know now, does anyone, left or right, think “substantial” is a fair description of the security presence at the consulate and CIA annex? Rice’s answer here is designed to convince the average joe that there was a robust security force in place and it simply got overrun by a shockingly, unforeseeably large, organized jihadi force. But that’s nonsense. We know now that security personnel on the ground were begging State for months to beef things up and that Stevens and his team knew there was a significant, well organized radical presence in Benghazi. So weak was security, in fact, that the attack that killed him and three other Americans might very well have been an inside job perpetrated by a Libyan guard whom the consulate had been stuck with. All of this was known to State, and yet the White House still sent Rice out there five days after the attack to blow smoke about how solid our security was in Benghazi. That, not the “spontaneous protest” bit, is the most egregious lie she told. First question at the inevitable Susan Rice confirmation hearing for Secretary of State should be whether she stands by her assessment of how “substantial” our presence was. And if she says no, the second question had better be what she intends to do about it as Hillary’s successor.

Exit quotation from Lindsey Graham, responding to Obama’s garbage here: “Mr. President, don’t think for one minute I don’t hold you ultimately responsible for Benghazi.”

Update: Just wondering: Where was this bold “the buck stops here” derring-do during September and October? As I recall, he was happy to let Hillary and State take a beating from Benghazi critics for weeks, to the point where she issued a “buck stops here” statement of her own. Obama finally followed suit the following day in his second debate with Romney. He’s awfully quick to stick up for his underlings with the “come after me” bravado — but only if he doesn’t have to worry about his reelection. Quite a boss.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

It’s the classic “either he knew and is responsible for the calamity and coverup … or he didn’t know when he should have and is unfit for the job.”

Odds a Republican “leader” will point this out? Yeah, the same as Obama’s nickname: Zero.

ShainS on November 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

“Come after me! I’m a man! I’m 40….errr, 51!” – Barack Gundy

Doughboy on November 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Ooooh, I remember that.

Ward Cleaver on November 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM

The American people just sent a loud and clear message that whatever this administration does, doesn’t do, lies about or colossally screws up just doesn’t matter anymore. It is, therefore, little wonder that he’s starting to sound more strident, more adversarial.

This was another “I won” moment. The dictator emerges.

Ass.

SAMinVA on November 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM

True, shades of the Clinton re-election.

All this talk of O “moving to center”, O going to be moderate in order to insure his “legacy”, and the going-nowhere arguments about voter fraud and how the marginal difference in the popular vote doesn’t equal a Leftist mandate I’m sure we all know are BS and a total waste of time.

The LSM controls the message. I’ve long been in a place where I’ve resigned myself to simply be curious as to how the LSM/Dems are going to cover up domestic economic disaster when it comes and how much they’re going to purposely ignore-even if the most anti-social Libtard living in his parents’ basement knows otherwise.

Should be interesting.

And if all this ‘tard/Commie garbage really does work and things improve immensely, then I’ll certainly have to mentally chuck everything I thought I knew about economics…and common sense.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM

He’s awfully quick to stick up for his underlings

no. not all underlings.

runner on November 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My recommendation to GOP’ers is to ignore “Just A Prop” and not start punching down in weight. In fact, punch back twice as hard the foundations of “Just A Prop”, by asking Clinton why she set up Rice to lie to the public.

Dusty on November 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

May it be so – the blusteroaf told the truth today, not out of honesty, out of Chicago-style thuggishness. It’ll catch up with him. It’s the only good out of today’s media fiasco.

Plus, they still blame the CIA.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

He’s awfully quick to stick up for his underlings

no. not all underlings.

runner on November 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Ambassador Christopher Stevens curiously unavailable for comment.

SWalker on November 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I Hate President Barack H Obama. There, I Said It.

Resist We Much on November 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Big kiss…

Excellent.

CTSherman on November 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Excellent read on what went down.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM

He’s awfully quick to stick up for his underlings

no. not all underlings.

runner on November 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Only when he’s covering his own a@@.

29Victor on November 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

No one in the presser asked the oaf in chief “why was Amb. Stevens in Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11, officially and unofficially?”

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I think whatever brain-eating disease took down Charles Johnson must have gotten a hold of Honda…

stefanite on November 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM

He’s an Obama voter and donated to Fauxahontas.

Nuff said.

kim roy on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Is there ONE GOP’er that can find his steel backbone and lay his career on the line for 4 dead souls and take on the fight? He wouldn’t care about his future, bank account, lobbyists, family/friends reaction, etc., ..We are in need of someone that will be the center piece of righteous outrage in the Benghazi debacle and stake their life to find out the truth. ONE.

Maddening.

hillsoftx on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

More Fun with Foreign Policy via Drudge:

Obama Still Silent as Egypt Backs Hamas

cynccook on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

He only said “the buck stops with me” the day after Hillary said so, and only at the debate.

The Eunuch in Chief is always, well, a featherweight.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

FU Barry, you stinkin’ turdhead, there are plenty of TREASON charges to go around – WE will go after YOU, traitor-Rice, traitor-Clinton, traitor-Petraeus, traitor-Holder, traitor__________ (fill in the blank with any democrat or obama minion)!

Pork-Chop on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I Hate President Barack H Obama. There, I Said It.

Resist We Much on November 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I don’t hate him. I despise all who brung him, first, then the 2nd time, and wish them all nothing but very ill, from the left to the right.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Bathhouse Barry doing his best imitation of “Macho, macho man”.

Amjean on November 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Petraeus should tell the unadulterated truth, letting the chips fall where they may.

You’ll be shocked, shocked, shocked and the Bluster in Chief will not be amuzed.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

“If you have a problem with the UN Ambassador then you have a problem with me”.

Of course I have a problem with you, Captain Kickass!

ghostwalker1 on November 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

That’s been true for his whole presidency. He could whip out an automatic weapon in the middle of the press conference and kill everyone present, and the next set of reporters would ask him how he learned to be such a good shot.

The Rogue Tomato on November 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Except the goof can’t even aim a water pistol at anyone.

It’s one of the good things still left in AmeriKa.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I’ve had a problem with you for the last four years.

subsonic on November 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Excellent read on what went down.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Thanks for the link, Schadenfreude. The final two sentences say it all and — quite accurately — provide no reason for hope …

ShainS on November 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

In theory, that would indeed matter in a rational world.

But, as it is, even if Petraeus did spill the beans I’d say most of the Obama electorate will never hear about it, and 99% of those that do will simply dismiss it.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Dusty on November 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Rumor has it Hillary didn’t want Rice for UN Ambassador – Obama appointed her over Hillary’s objections & then elevated it to a cabinet level position. Rice was being talked about as the replacement for Hillary when she stepped down & didn’t continue in Obama’s second term. IMO Hillary sent Rice out there knowing she would be lying & looking like a fool and that would hurt her chances to be SoS. Just saying …. I’m sure ‘cankles’ has done some cackling over that one.

MissMagnolia on November 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

i missed the PR from BHO today..
did anyone have the courage to ask BHO if
Benghazi was a black op site for the CIA..?
someone need to get him on record on this…

going2mars on November 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

They trotted out somebody who’s not in the loop. That way they can say Rice hadn’t gotten some of the reports or didn’t understand the data correctly, and cover their own butts.

Masterful job of running out the clock on Benghazi, really. Of course it helps that most of the media didn’t care to ask about it.

hawksruleva on November 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

hillsoftx on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

He talked about how he and Michelle had the conversation about “how wonderful it is that America is so noble and re-elected them…”.

In reality it went like this

“Barry, these white m-fruckers go whipped good by our people. Life sure is good. I love this country. Only in America”.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM

He’s doing his COL Nathan R Jessup impersonation….. you want the truth, you can’t handle the truth….

it’s all right there in A Few Good Men.

Heck, maybe Demi Moore can revive her acting career and play Paula Broadwell.

ted c on November 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Hey, we need to give Lindsey Graham some credit here. Obama wins the election and Boehner lays down and tells the GOP to fall in line.
Obama threatens and mocks the Republicans by saying “Hey.. come and get me.”
I honestly expected the GOP to cower. Then on Hannity while I’m driving my car and I hear Lindsey Graham basically and confidently saying, I’m paraphrasing here… “No problem Mr.President. We will.”

I freaking wanted to stand up and cheer! Whatever you think of Graham.. this was the only response he should have given! It was the right response and I am so glad he did not cower and run like Boehner did. Who knows what he will do tomorrow but tonight on Hannity he got it right! Good for him!

I even listened to McCain a little before that and thought he was taking it to the press.

These guys have made me mad plenty of times but the heck if I’m going to criticize them when they get it right!

JellyToast on November 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Executive Privilege!

GarandFan on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

By all accounts David Petraeus was and is a man of honor and integrity, now disgraced and broken by a familiar indiscretion born of human frailty. Looking to Congress for brave men and women who can unravel this web of deceit, a web perhaps woven of high crimes and misdemeanors, is usually a fool’s errand. But Congress is all we’ve got.

Read more: PRUDEN: The web of deceit about Benghazi begins to fray – Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/13/pruden-obamas-web-of-deceit-begins-to-fray/#ixzz2CEu5Vpfu
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

yep, that’s right. thanks wes.

ted c on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

ShainS on November 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

All you have left, a bunch of dummies in the congress. Reichert and Cantor knew ahead of the election and said/did nothing. It was assumed that Cantor is smart. I think he’s derelict.

On the stupid nation – she deserves Obama and his destruction in full. It’s self inflicted.

Starve the looters, in turn the moochers. Make them hurt.

Watch the unempl. in Jan. You ain’t seen nothin’, yet.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM

you are a real tough guy. I suspected as much when I saw you riding the purple bike with the matching helmet and tassels in your mom jeans but now I’m 100% convinced.

Next thing you know you’ll be getting the golden gloves award for the military like you got that fully earned nobel peace prize.

acyl72 on November 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

A classic prepared response from the passive/aggressive little faggot. (Yes, I said faggot. Sue me.) Now strap on a pair Graham and take him up on his offer.

RobertE on November 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Has racist come up on msdnc yet

cmsinaz on November 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

My God I can’t believe we have to listen to this jackass and his phony tough guy act for the next 4 years.

jawkneemusic on November 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I really am unable to watch him anymore…Makes me nearly physically ill. Plouffe, VJ, and Axe have handled it well, so far, but maybe somebody will crack. I’d start with that State Dept. chick that denied the security, make her sweat, and put her UNDER OATH. Then, move up the pecking order. Who the heck knows what Gen. P. will have to say…maybe not much.

bill glass on November 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM

We are going after you and you will not be able to handle it.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

It’s things like this that when I’m in the presence of any of my liberal friends (which is getting to be fewer and fewer), I want grab them by the neck and shake them until their head snaps off while screaming “how could you vote for this guy?”. Not really, but it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

behiker on November 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM

GP may be General Puppett.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM

What on earth was Rice doing on the Sunday shows in the first place?

She’s a black woman that nobody knew much about before the Sunday talk shows. In other words she was the least objectionable because nobody knew a thing about her. And if they pushed she could play the gender or race card.

The Senate GOP has an easy line of attack if this woman is nominated for State. They should show her the real-time video from the attack and ask her if it appears to be coordinated or spontaneous. Thinking she’s dodged a bullet she’ll smirk and explain that she isn’t an intelligence analyst so she isn’t qualified to say. At which point the Senate GOP can ask her to identify precisely who briefed her before going on those five Sunday talk shows.

Because that is what really is important here. Nobody just happens to go on five Sunday talk shows. She was briefed up by somebody and knowing who that was and what they knew at the time is every bit as important as nailing this lying whore and ensuring she is at the end of her diplomatic career.

Happy Nomad on November 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Not exactly this, is it?

Knott Buyinit on November 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

So Hussein likes it when a white gay man is killed by his people,
he has no problem with a white woman throwing herself under the bus for him,
but as soon as the heat turns on the black woman who has been hiding Hussein behind her skirt, he becomes a macho macho man ????

burrata on November 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM

This is another one of Obama’s Rezko/Resko tactics.

Sending Rice out to lecture the entire world about “the video” and deny yaddayaddayadda provided OBama with the future foil he knew he’d need about Benghazi.

He’s a crafty man but he’s still a bad man. He’s just using yet another grease on the rails he needs to keep on keepin’ on with his utter b.s.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Where the hell is the press. After the statement he made about Susan Rice, where ws the follow-up question, did you provide her with intelligence that wasn’t true, so she could go out and lie to the country about this attack? Where was that question because his outrage sort of implies that she went out based on “the intelligence she was given.” By Whom? Did the President knowhe was sending out a cabinet member to purposely lie to the American People? I have a ton of questions to ask, where is the illustrious free press.

bflat879 on November 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

jawkneemusic on November 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM

IF he lasts four years.

I have my doubts.

MichaelGabriel on November 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Come after him? The man who hasn’t had a press conference in 5 months? The man who has been so straight forward with the American people, with Congress? Huh? I’ll say it again, I think the man is insane.

scalleywag on November 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

What on earth was Rice doing on the Sunday shows in the first place?

Happy Nomad on November 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM

She was screaming at friends of mine on the phone years and years ago so don’t call me unopinionated about her.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

ted c on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM
thanks for the Wapo link…
i still believe this is the key to the whole deal..
2009 outlaw CIA black op rendition sites
2012 DNC convention…”al Qaeda…on the run”
2012 caught with his nickers down with…a black op site in Benghazi and four brave americans die…without support…
why was there no support…because barry doesnt do rendition sites..and i believe the admin knew
day one …moment one…this is a terrorist attack
jail break to get terrorist prisoners back…
the rest is fluff …distraction…so the Gen was expendable..

going2mars on November 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

By the way…

… What happened to the gray hair?

Seven Percent Solution on November 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM

He can cover up the grey in his hair but not his thuggish roots and instincts. Some of us never put our white guilt goggles on and we’ve seen his angry Kenyan rage brewing below the surface for a long time. I hope they take him up on his offer, and include the rest of his gang just for sport.

TheAudacityofNOPE on November 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Ohhh, wowwww…Barry is, like, so tough and intimidating, like…

Dopenstrange on November 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

“When they go after the UN ambassador … then they’ve got a problem with me.”

When they go after Frank Nitti … then they’ve got a problem with me. – Al Capone

VorDaj on November 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

When they go after the UN ambassador … then they’ve got a problem with me

what about peeps that go after the US ambassador to Libya….Christopher Stevens…..and our SEALs….and Sean Smith?? Do those peeps have a problem with you too? If so, what are you doing about it?

ted c on November 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Youz bettah watch it, or he’s gonna strap on those Superman Underoos and get all Funky Urkel on you so you best be knowin’ your place and pass that man a hot dog before you REALLY make him mad.

/Sigh…

Key West Reader on November 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Can’t wait for that punk to fall like a ton of bricks.

If ever there was someone I could really hate . . .It’s him.

Sickening from nose to toes.

Texyank on November 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

yep, that’s right. thanks wes.

ted c on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

My fantasy (as in, I doubt this’ll happen but it’d be completely wonderful if it did):

General Petraeus uses testimony before Congress to lay down a series of statements Tom Clancy wished he’d authored and Harrison Ford in his prime years ago wished he’d been able to perform.

It’d be heroic if Petraeus exposed the truth and utterly shamed Obama and his players by Petraeus telling the truth and not repeating the “official, public story”.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Four More Ears!

Key West Reader on November 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

cripe is the lsm defending dear leader with this issue…poor susan rice…boy they think he is all that and a bag of chips…

cmsinaz on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

And the Romney campaign didn’t think it was a good idea to hammer Obama on Benghazi and demand answers, lol.

Daemonocracy on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Brace yourself for another whitewash: The fact that Petraeus stepped up so willingly “probably means he will have nothing meaningful to add,” says Rick Moran at The American Thinker. If the White House suspected he was about to drop a bombshell, it could have blocked his appearances. “Since they are apparently allowing him to go forward, it looks like the former CIA director won’t add much to the timeline he has already signed off on.”
“Petreaus agrees to testify before Congress on Benghazi”

Who the hell do they think they are “allowing him”. He s/b demanded to go, not be “allowed to”.

The media and the WH really believe that the US is already China/Russia.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

So far, the ONLY people I’ve ever heard Obama taunt, threaten and ridicule have been Americans.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

ted c on November 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

You mean them white people ?

burrata on November 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I see Captain Kickass decided to show up.

Little late there.

I say, someone should call his bluff and subpoena him for testimony to Congress. And when he responds that Congress doesn’t have the power to subpoena him, remind him that he’s the one who said he was taking responsibility.

tom on November 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don’t think I’ve seen white knighting this transparent since middle school.

RINO in Name Only on November 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

“Petreaus agrees to testify before Congress on Benghazi”

The media and the WH really believe that the US is already China/Russia.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Yes, my take on it, too (what Schadenfreude wrote there).

Obama has an exceptional NEED to prove to others that he’s some sort of big man. He instead by doing so always comes off as a bitter, resentful, destructive and untrustworthy immature boob.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I hope your comment ends up on Instapundit.

Key West Reader on November 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

“When they go after the UN ambassador … then they’ve got a problem with me.”

VorDaj on November 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Repeating for effect.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Obama is the son of a thousand fathers – all bastards like him.

VorDaj on November 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

“allowing him”.
Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
could be that they have ‘pictures’…so they still own GenPet..

going2mars on November 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM

How at least a few in the audience didn’t wretch when he said that, I don’t know. It was certainly the ultimate in insulting egoism from any President, ever. Just utterly, completely obnoxious. Awful. The words of a petty, stupid, cruel and arrogant man.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Sure looks like the Middle East is about to explode into war in the next week and Little Obambi is playing at having a press conference.
He disgust me. Susan Rice or no Susan Rice, I have a huge problem with him.

ORconservative on November 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

So all in all, it wasn’t a very productive presser, just more of the same tired rhetoric. I guess in a year when he gives another one (if he’s still president) he may have more to say.

scalleywag on November 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

ICYMI, Obama’s press conference with a special message from his Administration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FvVcagZln0&feature=relmfu

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

“Petreaus agrees to testify before Congress on Benghazi”

The media and the WH really believe that the US is already China/Russia.

Schadenfreude on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 P

Allowed?

Could have blocked?

What in the hell country do I live in?

JPeterman on November 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

tom on November 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

itsspideyman on November 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Before commenting, remember the FBI can obtain copies of all communications….

d1carter on November 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I am sure they know who we all are already.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

truly pi$$ed about this…and the way the lsm is praising him for his response…

we are on our own folks…

FIGHT

cmsinaz on November 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

“When they go after the UN ambassador … then they’ve got a problem with me.”

“Libyan ambassadors, though, I’ve got no problem with.”

At least, I could have sworn I heard him say that….

tom on November 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

ShainS on November 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Incompetent, or Criminal?

Another Drew on November 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

More Fun with Foreign Policy via Drudge:

Obama Still Silent as Egypt Backs Hamas

cynccook on November 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Obama is clearing our Generals off the battlefield. That’s what this is all about.

Key West Reader on November 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Where are all the trolls?

10 days ago they were all over Hot Air like flys on an Obama press conference.

Reality is sinking again, I guess, they re-elected a POS.

MichaelGabriel on November 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I think after our Best and Brightest are removed from the field, Obama should send in the Duke of Heinz to lead. Cuz he shot himself in the leg and all that.

Key West Reader on November 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

The GOP response should be…

“But Mr. President, we can only hold accountable the people you choose to hide behind.”

newtopia on November 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Is a security force that can’t repel an overwrought crowd of movie critics “substantial?”

Barnestormer on November 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Key West Reader on November 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Yes. Exactly right.

Obama’s subtext as to what his objectives are and have been is to “change” our military into some sort of effete slapping crew.

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Where are all the trolls?
gumby is probably tryng to sleep with a general
to get his/her 15 minutes of fame now..

going2mars on November 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Hahahah, Krauthammer said what I said…”come after him, how can you do that when he hasn’t had a press conference in 8 months”. You’re right, Charles.

scalleywag on November 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

newtopia on November 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

nice :)

cmsinaz on November 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Barnestormer on November 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

at RICE: EVERYONE is LAUGHING AT YOU.

Though perhaps to her and Obama, a clutch of gerbils looks like “a substantial security presence.”

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I’m confused which girl we’re supposed to be trying to “get” if Obama is to be believed. Is it him or Rice?

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Or maybe this would work better…

“Mr. President, stop using Susan Rice as a human shield.”

newtopia on November 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Yeah, I’ve gotta problem with YOU!

SMACKRUNNER on November 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Where are all the trolls?
gumby is probably tryng to sleep with a general
to get his/her 15 minutes of fame now..

going2mars on November 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Now I get it. He/she was auditioning for Housewives of Hot Air.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

MichaelGabriel on November 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Lourdes on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Major Nidal Hasan agrees…

Seven Percent Solution on November 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM