More public lands to be closed to shale oil drilling

posted at 5:31 pm on November 10, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

In the final days of the election I made what turned out to be a clearly futile effort to demonstrate that the future of energy production, as well as the associated jobs and economic boost which go with it, could be significantly affected by the outcome. One candidate had a substantially pro-energy policy which included completing the Keystone pipeline and unshackling promising areas of domestic energy development. The other did not. Taking a line from Bruce Willis for a moment… I hate it when I’m right.

The Interior Department on Friday issued a final plan to close 1.6 million acres of federal land in the West originally slated for oil shale development.

The proposed plan would fence off a majority of the initial blueprint laid out in the final days of the George W. Bush administration…

Interior’s Bureau of Land Management cited environmental concerns for the proposed changes. Among other things, it excised lands with “wilderness characteristics” and areas that conflicted with sage grouse habitats.

Well, that didn’t take long at all. If you check your watches, that was actually less than 72 hours after the polls closed. Of course, it’s not final yet. There will be a 30 day protest period and a 60 day review, all carefully overseen by the fair minded members of the Obama administration who will certainly be open to…

Oh, who am I kidding? They’re going to ram this through like the Texans blowing past the defensive line of the Jets. So no drilling, leading to no investment by energy companies, no new jobs and decreasing domestic supplies. When you combine that with the already beginning job losses in the coal industry, the picture becomes fairly grim. But America had a choice to make and they apparently chose to stay warm this winter by huddling around the smoldering remains of their hybrid cars.

But it’s not as if we weren’t given fair warning. During the debates, Mitt Romney called out the President on his claims over oil production being up and noting that permits on federal lands had fallen by 36%. Obama responded by saying that the lazy oil companies were sitting on the permits for too long and they needed to “use it or lose it.” Of course, he didn’t mention that we’d be losing them forever

But look on the bright side, little campers. The price of Sage Grouse sandwiches should be coming down.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

OT, but there was 141% turnout in one county in Florida where Allen West was “defeated” The number of extra votes in that county exceeded Obama’s margin of victory in the state.

talkingpoints on November 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I hate it when I’m right.

Liberals said if I voted for Romney, the US would return the the policies that got us into this mess.
They were right.

itsnotaboutme on November 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Barack Hussein Obama is deliberately destroying the United States of America, with full malice aforethought, all to the tumultuous applause of his voters, who will be consumed in a conflagration of their own making.

turfmann on November 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

All part of Chu’s effort to get us to $8 gallon gasoline.

Thanks everyone who stayed home.

rbj on November 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Close it all off. Stop oil drilling completely. This is what the left wants … give it to them.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

All part of Chu’s effort to get us to $8 gallon gasoline.

Thanks everyone who stayed home.

rbj on November 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

But, but, but …. gay marriage!

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

talkingpoints on November 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yes, you are off topic.

itsnotaboutme on November 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I’m SHOCKED!! I mean I’m really really shocked! (end sarc)

trader67 on November 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Also the chocolate ration will be increased to 8 grams from 10 grams.

That is all, comrades.

FORWARD!

Joe Mama on November 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Well, I guess I can walk to work, or ride my bike through rain and snow. I’ll have to be heavily armed though.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Also the chocolate ration will be increased to 8 grams from 10 grams.

That is all, comrades.

FORWARD!

Joe Mama on November 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Barack the Merciful!

All hail comrade Obama!

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

turfmann on November 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Sandra Fluke got her free contraception. Moochers get their Obamaphones, welfare payments, and food stamps. Illegals will be getting universal amnesty. The gays will be getting their legitimization of a lifestyle that many do not equate with traditional marriage.

Everybody wins if everybody consists solely of moochers and a few special interests. America is the big loser of November 6th.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

More public lands to be closed to shale oil drilling

Well duh… Cloward-Pivens strategy demands it. Everything Obama has done is about destroying America to create the perfect Marxist Utopia.

SWalker on November 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Let it burn.

Show me Barry.

harlekwin15 on November 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM

let it burn.

the_nile on November 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Pay close attention to the doings in NYC post-Sandy.

That will soon be the New Normal.

Meantime: buy a shotgun, ammo, generator, bottled water, food stocks, propane, batteries etc.

Also cigarettes, incandescent light bulbs and beer for barter.

Keep the vehicles fully to half gassed at all times

Also Scotch, to keep yourself fully to half gassed as well.

Always wondered about what it was like for the folks who lived the Fall of Rome.

Guess were gonna find out.

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Obama admin promising to send men back to The Moon:

NASA is serious about sending astronauts back to the moon’s neighborhood and will likely unveil its ambitious plans soon now that President Barack Obama has been re-elected, experts say.

The space agency has apparently been thinking about setting up a manned outpost beyond the moon’s far side, both to establish a human presence in deep space and to build momentum toward a planned visit to an asteroid in 2025.

The new plans have probably already been cleared with the Obama Administration but have been kept under wraps in case Republican candidate Mitt Romney won Tuesday night’s (Nov. 6) presidential election, said space policy expert John Logsdon, a professor emeritus at George Washington University.

How long can Americas credit rating sustain paying 60 million Sandra Flukes to fool around AND engage the Chinese in a re-run of the 1960s US/Soviet space race at the same time?

Alberta_Patriot on November 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Gee, I wonder what would happen if Utah told Mr. Interior Secretary that they’re taking their land back?

All states should take their land back. The military can pay rent, and national parks will come under the purview of the respective state. The federal government can have D.C.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Guess were gonna find out.

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

You have to love Blue State Geniuses.

Hey guys you being worse off on timeline than katrina victims?

“You’re welcome.”

//Barack Obama

Now go vote for him.

harlekwin15 on November 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Obama knows he only has four years to complete our fundamental transformation so he’s stepping on the pedal.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Over the past 72 hours, I’ve picked up a S&W M&P 15T, Leopold Mk4 CQT, 10 30-rd PMAGS (thanks, Bishop), tons o’ 5.56 rounds.

Doing my part for the economy.

Washington Nearsider on November 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Let.It.Burn.

FireFly on November 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Go to Drudge at the upper right column and sign the petition for Louisiana to secede from the union. This is the beginning of the end of the USA as we once knew it. Now it is the UCSA.

Mirimichi on November 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Hey, what’s the big deal … it’s only a trillion barrels of oil.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Hey, what’s the big deal … it’s only a trillion barrels of oil.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

That’s right it’s just a quadrillion dollars worth of wealth potential we blew the brains out of.

Good job donkeys.

harlekwin15 on November 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Washington Nearsider on November 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Bishop lives about an hour north of me.

When the shit hits the fan, I’m going south….

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM

My last post didn’t post. I think I know why. Again, go to Drudge at the upper right column and sign on to the White House website and sign the petition.

Mirimichi on November 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I give him 18 months tops. Anything beyond that and public backlash is going to be huge. He will be as ineffectual in his second term as he was evil in his first.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Mirimichi on November 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM

No way am I going to give my name to the White House for any reason! These people make enemies lists.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

War on energy.

War on America.

Enjoy the next four years all you Obama Sheeple.

VorDaj on November 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

All of the above…………suckahs………

FlaMurph on November 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Last night my very liberal California born and bred step-mom was saying that she wondered why gas prices were down even after the hurricane. I said well that’s because no refineries were affected. And she said, “Oh but everyone knows that is just an excuse they always use.” And I said, “Well what everyone KNOWS is obviously not true. Here’s the proof.”

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

‘Public Backlash?? You mean from the very same public that just gave the sorry son-of-a-bitch 4 more years???

LOL…..

BigWyo on November 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

They already are your enemies.

Mirimichi on November 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

They already are your enemies.

Mirimichi on November 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Oh believe me I know.

And luckily open secrets means Obama knows too.

Thanks Police State.

harlekwin15 on November 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I don’t understand all the angst. Freedom of association. Maybe Obama doesn’t want anyone drilling on his land.

Axe on November 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM

They already are your enemies.

Mirimichi on November 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

True enough.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Eff em, laugh at them, mock them as they pump their $8 gal of gas…

hillsoftx on November 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

States just need to start taking land back from the federal government. Just do it – make them send in soldiers.

The Count on November 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Let.It.Burn.

FireFly on November 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

But only if you have the proper permits.

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Did you explain that thanks to government intrusion, that prices would be rising shortly as law requires so many different formulations are out there that refineries are more like vineyards than producers of a single commodity?

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Expect something like this everyday…

… maybe two announcements, one in the morning, then one in the afternoon.

There is only one way to stop him…!

The Fiscal Cliff And The Keyser Soze Option

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Or they just pick you randomly.

Go down with your principles or go down due to apathy.

But I hear you. If you do it, be sure your taxes are in order. :/

kim roy on November 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I was at the gas station last night and two young black kids were filling up their tank next to me. Apparently it was a little steep for them because one said “effing $45.00 to fill it up”. I told them to appreciate it while they can. They asked me what I meant by that and I told them a year from now you’ll wish it was only $45. And I swear this is what comes out of his mouth: “effing George Bush”.

I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry on the way home.

salem on November 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Just another example of Barry’s “all of the above” energy policy.

GarandFan on November 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry on the way home.

salem on November 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Laugh. Definitely laugh.

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Fortunately I can afford higher gas prices and my job is very secure. I only wish I could say the same for my fellow conservatives. As far as the Liberals are concerned I hope they all suffer.

As energy prices increase, pressure will increase to provide energy assistance to the poor which will mean higher taxes and even more dependency on government.

The Republicans, as has been said, need to get out of the way and let the Leftists have everything they want. I want to see Obama voters driven out of work and into poverty because of their voting choices. They will never learn as long as we continue to stand in the way of the statists’ real goals. As long as conservatives thwart the goals of the Libs, their voters will never feel the real impact of their representatives’ real gals.

Charlemagne on November 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM

All options are on the table!

jukin3 on November 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Hang in there dudes – let him do all the damage he wants.

In 2014 you’ll be able to Sharon Angle and Christine O’Donnell to win seats in the Senate by landslide voting margins.

Point is … make things bad enough and you can elect real Conservatives and have a majority in both houses.

HondaV65 on November 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

And Nero/Bama is watching gleefully the grandiose spectacle of Rome burning….that’s where he gets his inspiration from…

jimver on November 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Nah. She has a hybrid. She hardly ever needs gas. She’ll be fine. Besides she is actually saving up to buy a Volt and she will never have to get gas again.

Evidently her electricity is free, from plants powered by unicorn fart fumes or so I surmise when she talks about how she will save so much money once she has a Volt.

Sadly, the rest of us out here get our electricity from the power plants near the Gillette WY coal fields. Which are planning on closing in the very near future…..

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Remember when talk of $5.50/gal gasoline was considered price gouging?

davidk on November 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hang in there dudes – let him do all the damage he wants.

HondaV65 on November 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Bug*er off, crazy old man! You’re a pathetic fool clown.

jimver on November 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

“I don’t have to worry about putting gas in my car..
If I help him, he will help me”

Bahahahahahahha

Electrongod on November 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I hate it when I’m right.
They were right.
itsnotaboutme on November 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

gwelf on November 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Hang in there dudes – let him do all the damage he wants.
HondaV65 on November 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

What makes you think most Americans aren’t like Europeans at this point who will always look to more government to fix any and all problems? Especially after the media and Democrats will blame all ills on Boehner.

I hope you’re right.

gwelf on November 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

“Also Scotch, to keep yourself fully to half gassed as well.”
Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

i really like this thought….more
12 yr old single malt scotch…!!!!

going2mars on November 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

talkingpoints on November 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Nothing to see here. Move along. All Democrats, unlike Republicans, are 100% totally honest and would never do anything untoward. No need to watch them as they go about counting only legal ballots and do it with 100% honesty and accuracy. Only completely crazy people would even think about doubting them.

VorDaj on November 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Not to worry, a windmill farm is going to appear over night in those fields :) …nevermind there might not be enough wind for them to work, or if there’s too much wind that can damage them, they will shut down automatically :)…but hey, we have renewable energy :) I used to drive quite often past the huge wind farm around Mojave, California (also past the Tehachapi windmill farm) and a lot of the windmills don’t work most of the time…there is a huge amount of them there, but only few work all the time…..then I asked a guy who works there and he told me they are so sensitive, especially if the wind blows too hard (there’s a lot of wind there), it can famage them, so they shut them down pre-emptively (well, I am guessing they are programmed to shut down by themselves if the wind blows too hard). …

jimver on November 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

They put governors on automobile motors in the 50′s will it take a genius to put one on a wind mill?

mixplix on November 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

As Curly Joe said:

“Look at the grouse!!! Look at the grouse!!!”

The Reasonable Man on November 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

SWalker on November 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I totally disagree. Everything obaka has done is to destroy America to relegate it to third world status.

ladyingray on November 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Ask me about my retirement plan. It involves Liberals and an ungodly amount of stockpiled ammunition.

M240H on November 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

While they may do this intially, eventually money talks and bullshiite walks.

paulsur on November 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. States like Wyoming and other western outpost are the last hope we have. If you guys tank, well, then it’s gonna get real ugly real fast here in the big blue cities.

Also, how does your step-mom get over the Bighorns in her Volt?

(Maybe you live in Teton country, but the same dynamic should play there too.)

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

talkingpoints on November 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

The Marxist thugs stole Florida for sure. Anybody hear how the Allen West recount is going?

TarheelBen on November 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Hehehehe. I have 4.5 cords of wood on hand for my wood stove this winter. It keeps my cabin toasty. Before the end of November I will be putting away wood for future winters. I am sympathetic to those who didn’t vote for Obama but for those who did guess what elections have consequences.

chemman on November 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

While they may do this intially, eventually money talks and bullshiite walks.

paulsur on November 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

The closing is ideologically driven.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

So what’s the screaming point for a liberal? $6.50 per? $7.00 per?

sherry on November 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

jimver on November 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

“Excessive Green Shutdown” device.

Electrongod on November 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Remember, remember the 6th of November. The “free stuff” treason and plot…

Alberta_Patriot on November 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

So what’s the screaming point for a liberal? $6.50 per? $7.00 per?

sherry on November 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

They’re so brainwashed and malleable they’ll be told they’re helping the environment and they’ll believe it. Besides, they believe Obama will create a gas stamp program like food stamps.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

ladyingray on November 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I truly didn’t want to believe it, I actually just wanted us to get rid of this douche and chalk it up to a psychotic ideologue and a good lesson. But now I’m inclined to lean your way. In his victory bullsh!t speech he said he’s ready to perfect America. Apparently this angry creep has a different vision of perfection.

sherry on November 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

When the shit hits the fan, I’m going south….

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM

You have a bug out place already because if you don’t then when tshtf it will be too late.

chemman on November 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Besides, they believe Obama will create a gas stamp program like food stamps.

darwin on November 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I know it’s a serious topic but that is funny! And sadly, very true.

sherry on November 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Their idea is to force people into tiny cars and hybrid cars.

Ultimately, no cars at all. Take the public transportation, citizen. If you want to go anywhere.

Moesart on November 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

This will be painful, it will last a long time. We will not like it.

jukin3 on November 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Their idea is to force people into tiny cars and hybrid cars.

Moesart on November 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I’ll keep my Manrano (Murano) and pay extra for gas, thanks. People like me laugh and point at …. smart cars. On I-4.

Key West Reader on November 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Remember, remember the 6th of November. The “free stuff” treason and plot…

Alberta_Patriot on November 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Yep. America’s own Guy Fawkes day.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

This will be painful, it will last a long time. We will not like it.

jukin3 on November 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Not just a spanking, a whack to the body.

Key West Reader on November 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

chemman on November 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Actually I have a cabin Up North. Need to do some work on it next season, but it will do in a pinch.

Have to drive past Bishop though – gotta get a signal so he holds fire while we zip through…

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

So apparently she lives within walking distance of work (if she works). Because most Americans live further than the charge of a Chevy Volt (15 miles each way max given optimum temps and far less if you are using a battery in cold weather climates).

Good! I live close in to the city and near public transportaion. My house will retain value as the outer suburbs and exburbs become wastelands of McMansions.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Also, how does your step-mom get over the Bighorns in her Volt?

(Maybe you live in Teton country, but the same dynamic should play there too.)

Bruno Strozek on November 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

We live in the Black Hills which is east of there. But she won’t take her Volt any distance at all I’m sure. She will ride with my dad in their motorhome.

And yes she totally doesn’t get the disconnect between buying a Volt to save on gas and cool the planet but using a motorhome (which gets 8mpg on a good day going downhill with a tailwind) for anything more than running errands around town.

But if you are a liberal, it’s not about results, it’s only about caring. People with Volts care more than people who mock them.

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

And I, for one, am going to help them along.

But when I hear any of the Obama worshippers whining about how expensive life has become (I bet not 10% of them understand just how much “petroleum products” encompasses), I’ll happily remind them, “This is what you begged for.”

They want to destroy capitalism and America? Good for them.

Let it burn.

glockomatic on November 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Big Oil sure was nice to Obama by bringing the price at the pump way down right before the election. Obama is the best thing that ever happened to big oil, and that was a “thank you”.

The last thing the big oil companies want is more drilling of any kind.

Buddahpundit on November 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

L.i.B

Dion on November 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

M240H on November 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Excellent. My brother has been stockpiling since the end of the Clinton gun ban. His arsenal is in the double digits and round count is in the five digits.

Bruno had a great idea about cigarettes for barter. Never thought of that although about 1/4 of my garage is packed with old fashioned light bulbs.

The sad thing is all this kind of talk would have been unheard of 10 years ago. I’ve been reading about s_cession everywhere too. And while we joke around here, we’re really not.

TxAnn56 on November 10, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Barack Obama Is Just Willie Sutton With A Better Suit And A Badass Crib

M2RB: Lyle Lovett (Stick around for Nobody Knows Me Like My Baby)

Resist We Much on November 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Hahaha. Dunno about everyone else, but I am kinda enjoying all of this. Every day I get to tell a liberal I told ya so!

Jack_Burton on November 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM

talkingpoints on November 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

We need House hearings on the reports of fraud. Maybe it’s real. Maybe it isn’t. That’s why you have hearings on it to get to the bottom of it! Expose to the people what is going on! Discredit this illegitimate dictator in chief!

The Count on November 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Our last defense to this mess may be at the state level! I agree! We need to hold our governors and reps accountable!

JellyToast on November 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Lily on November 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

South Park did a whole episode on the smugness of people who owned a Prius. But I gotta laugh if the Volt is to be hooked up on the back of a motorhome. Not to mention that most places you park a motorhome does not have a place to hook up your overpriced golf cart.

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

King Obama: I’m Historic!!!

M2RB: Metallica

Resist We Much on November 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

[snip]
‘Cause you know what? After a few decades of hard work, frugal living, and careful investing, I have a pretty nice nest egg. I can afford $9 gas and $800/month electric bills. I won’t be happy about it, but I won’t have to sell off a house or skip any meals to pay for it. [/snip]

glockomatic on November 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Unfortunately, when President Choom ‘nationalizes’ all savings accounts (just to make things fair, doncha know), this may not be enough. I’m in the same situation you are, and I’m worrying about this a lot now. The Apologizer-in-Chief did say he wanted to ‘spread the wealth.’ And his definition of ‘the wealthy’ keeps getting lower and lower.

RoadRunner on November 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Jazz, this is the wittiest line that you have ever written.

Theophile on November 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

expensive energy equals less liberty. this asshole knows exactly what he is doing.

tom daschle concerned on November 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Excellent. Elections have consequences which include a collapsing economy. That’s the bad news. The good news is that no Democratic president will ever be elected for another fifty years. And the oil will still be there when Rubio gets elected.

writeblock on November 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Isn’t it lovely how they want European gas prices here?

Too bad America isn’t scaled to Europe… oh, well, the Left will enjoy their long long walking or bicycle commutes in the winter and the lack of hear or AC in the summer.

ajacksonian on November 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM

You forgot your Full Disclosure statement, Jazz.

Being a compensated shill for the shale oil industry certainly demands it.

HotAir.com — Guaranteed Soft & SquishyOr Your Money Back

FlatFoot on November 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Newsflash: Europe is advancing rapidly toward economic collapse. When it happens it should clarify the situation for a lot of people.

Romney’s loss may be a blessing in disguise. He might have been blamed for the mess that’s inevitable. Let Obama take the blame.

writeblock on November 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

And the oil will still be there when Rubio gets elected.

writeblock on November 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

What makes you think the forthcoming Caliphate is going to allow another election?

Happy Nomad on November 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM