Obama: I’ve got my pen ready to raise those taxes

posted at 5:46 pm on November 9, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

In case you missed it this afternoon (or, if you just didn’t want to watch it, in which case I sympathize), President Obama held his first post-election, fiscal-cliff, no-questions-please presser this afternoon, during which he iterated pretty much everything you’d expect.

National Journal sums it up:

• In his first statement since winning reelection, Obama called on Congress to let the Bush tax cuts expire for individuals earning over $200,000 per year and families earning over $250,000. “Let’s extend the middle-class tax cuts right now. Let’s do that right now,” Obama added.
  • The president said while he is “open to compromise,” he will not accept a Republican plan that only contains spending cuts. “I refuse to accept any approach that isn’t balanced,” he told an East Room audience.
  • “On Tuesday night, we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach,” Obama said. “Our job now is to get a majority in Congress to reflect the view of the American people.”

Earlier on Friday, Speaker of the House John Boehner held his own press conference, implying that he was ruling out any tax hikes as part of a deal, via the NYT:

“It’s clear that there are a lot of special interest loopholes in the tax code, both corporate and personal,” he said. “It’s also clear that there are all kinds of deductions, some of which make sense, others don’t. And by lowering rates and cleaning up the tax code, we know we’re going to get more economic growth.” …

But Mr. Boehner said he has a mandate as well.

“There’s a Republican majority here in the House,” he said. “The American people re-elected a Republican majority, and I’m proud of the fact that our team in a very difficult year was able to maintain our majority.”

And I just know you’re curious about what House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi thought about the whole thing, so here you go:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., responded to President Obama with a statement that the president “is exactly right –  the American people voted on Tuesday for certainty for our economy and middle class families.”

“President Obama has his signing pen ready, and I am certain that, given the opportunity, Democrats in the House will vote to send the middle income tax cut to the President next week,” said Pelosi.

So, everybody’s geared up for the fight, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid affirmed his readiness to raise the debt ceiling to almost $19 trillion earlier this week — which is really awesome, since we’re set to hit around $20 trillion in debt by the end of Obama’s second term. I’m sure we can just keep delaying dealing with our debt, and delaying it, and delaying it, and delaying it…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Thank you America….

Oil Can on November 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Stupid Stretch Face Pelosi. This isn’t a “tax cut”… it’s maintaining current rates.

Idiot.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM

If the GOP had any political sense they would abstain and let the Dems own it.

rob verdi on November 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Whatever. I called my very-right wing Rep in the House and told her to give Obama *everything* he wanted except on guns by voting present so that Obama couldn’t say he did the tax hikes with Republican cooperation and so that he couldn’t say the Republicans “obstructed” his genius plans that were going to fix everything for the middle class.

YMMV

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Let the good times roll.

p0s3r on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Let all the rates expire. Libs must suffer the consequences of their choices.

With 47% paying ZERO income taxes I’m sick of hearing that SOB use the word “balanced”.

This government must be cut down, way down.

Charlemagne on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I wonder how quick Boehner will cave in.

NeoKong on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Obama, don’t pretend that you have a mandate. You lost at least 8 million votes from last time. The people voted to retain the status quo. Republicans hold the house. They have as much of a mandate as you do.

Corporal Tunnel on November 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM

“Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen”

-Emperor Maobamapatine

SirGawain on November 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Adios, amigos.

SailorMark on November 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM

He’s writing blank checks since 2008, might as well raise taxes too.

portlandon on November 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Yay America!!

blerg

bluealice on November 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM

1.6 Million acres shut down for shale oil production

Wow, he’s spanking us awfully early into his second term. Americans love punishment. Yes we do.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Obama: I’ve got my pen ready to raise those taxes

Jam it up your nether region, Barky.

squint on November 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

raise them to 100% patriot.

its going to work out awesome for you.

tom daschle concerned on November 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM

False

spinach.chin on November 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM

LEST WE FORGET…….

Read My Lips…….

Sorry Hopey, we can’t raise taxes because Demcocrites will USE THAT AGAINST US in 2014.

Dont cave Boehner….You’ll be sooorryy……..

FlaMurph on November 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I’m offended that this drunken sailor president would use the word “balanced”. Such an idiot.

salem on November 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I wonder how quick Boehner will cave in.

NeoKong on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I’ve got my stopwatch!

squint on November 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I wonder how quick Boehner will cave in.

NeoKong on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

What time is it…

Lanceman on November 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I say take 100% from everyone making over $250k. It will only pay for 16 weeks of govt spending, but that’s 16 weeks we don’t have to borrow from China.

txhsmom on November 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

End the Bush tax cuts across the board and dare him not to sign it.

Give the people what they want.

HitNRun on November 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

“Middle class”

They keep using that phrase. I do not think it means what they think it means.

RedNewEnglander on November 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Roll over, John Boehner. I mean it – but use $500K as your no-tax-increase line in the sand. Call Nancy’s bluff and throw in a wealth tax right off the bat.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I think Boehner holds the line on raising taxes..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM

What on earth would the MSM make of a Republican proposing a wealth tax, I wonder.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

FlaMurph on November 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Boehner need not cave. Just let it come to the floor for a vote and have all the R’s vote present. Let the layoffs increase. I’m tired of getting hammered trying to save the stupid from themselves.

txhsmom on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

1.6 Million acres shut down for shale oil production

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Naughty, naughty Americans. *spank spank*

Yes, yes. You’ve been very naughty. *spank*

RedNewEnglander on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

spinach.chin on November 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Spinach Chin? That’s a funny name!

/Oh, and Obama sucks.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hey, if Obama is willing to throw the 98% under the bus because of the measily 2% of the taxpayers, so be it. The repubs are going to get blamed either way. May as well bring the Dems down too.

iamsaved on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

“Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen”

-Emperor Maobamapatine

SirGawain on November 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I am worrying about when we get to this stage.

sharrukin on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

End the Bush tax cuts across the board and dare him not to sign it.

Give the people what they want.

HitNRun on November 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I don’t think the GOP has to do anything but let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Corporal Tunnel on November 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

This does not help my anger.

gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

disa on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Very interesting concept..Just not a good idea..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

This could be sweet revenge, Atlas Shrugged style. You know we can’t fight this, we have to allow it to play out.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Yeah – I hate those billionaires who make $250,000 a year!

Gimme their money.

LilyBart on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Thank you America….

Oil Can on November 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM

nuff said

cmsinaz on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I would pay some more taxes, if it means that the Democrats get kicked to the curb for a generation.

22044 on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

disa on November 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM

You know that isn’t a half bad idea. I’d also build in something that taxes the Hollywood elite even more.

They wanted – they got it.

gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Naughty, naughty Americans. *spank spank*

Yes, yes. You’ve been very naughty. *spank*

RedNewEnglander on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Please can I have another? Raise my taxes, dammit! I want to feel the pain!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Just curious, what was the voter participation rate this year?

disa on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Balanced approach?
Maybe a liberal will finally answer my question: what would the tax rate have to be and on whom to balance the budget?

Even using Obama’s own projections his tax hikes on the rich will bring in 80 billion per year. Only over 1 TRILLION to go!

gwelf on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

By voting to retain the GOP in the house, the Dems in the Senate, and Obama in the White house, the American public voted for a continuation of the last 2 years of gridlock. That’s what they’ll get.

michaelo on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

We’ve been debating the Bush tax cuts for a stinking DECADE.

END ALL THE BUSH TAX CUTS

El_Terrible on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

22044 on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

That is an idea..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

YMMV

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I agree, let them have there way. The republicans are going to get blamed either way if they don’t vote present. It’s the only way to show the fools who voted for Obama that his way doesn’t work.

plutorocks on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Well since the morons on the left think that “giving tax breaks to the wealthy” causes recessions, shouldn’t the opposite do absolute wonders at this point?

Colbyjack on November 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I’m liking Ace’s approach. Lets tax the daylights out of Hollywood.

gwelf on November 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM

This does not help my anger.

gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Awww, GG… I had a total meltdown on my birthday (11/7), it was the worst day of the entire history of me. But then the next day I woke up and realized that … Whatever. The guy is going to go down in flames within 18 months, possibly sooner. I want to see his skull implode from the pressure.

Chin up, sistah!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Waiting for Ocommie to start blaming the previous Administration

FlaMurph on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

They wanted – they got it.

gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I will admit the idea is growing on me..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I don’t think the GOP has to do anything but let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Corporal Tunnel on November 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

True, but it would be better to get his signature on it.

One of the main problems with Tuesday is that things that Republicans know to be true are obviously not sinking in with the general public. The man is positively foaming at the mouth to pass twelve different kinds of taxes, but he wasn’t associated with tax hikes at all among the idiots because he’s been surreptitious about it.

Get his name on the paper.

HitNRun on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

This isn’t a “tax cut”… it’s maintaining current rates.

Idiot.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Not quite. When Bush marketed his odious, irresponsible tax cuts to the American people, it was presented as a temporary cut to be re-evaluated in 10 years.
Despite objections from Alan Greenspan and O’Neill within Bush’s own Treasury, unaffordable tax cuts were passed that, when coupled with massive spending cuts and an aging population, led the US to its current trillion dollar annual deficit.

Time to return to Clinton tax rates, preferably not just for high income earners, but for everyone and start cutting entitlements and other spending across the board.

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Bread and circuses. That’s what we need.

unclesmrgol on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I’m willing to bet 50+% of Americans think that raising taxes on the rich (which is now, what? $200k per year gross?) is only “fair”.

This happened in Europe decades ago.

“Rich” is always redefined downwards by socialists. The end result is you have people making $40,000 who are paying a marginal tax rate of 50%.

Onward to Utopia.

CorporatePiggy on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

They voted for you cause of your skin color. Anything else than that, you’re voters are clueless.

msupertas on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Well, I will expect the blows to be striking the red cheeks more than the blue.

And, yes, that is a tortured metaphor which I already regret.

PortlandJon on November 9, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Chin up, sistah!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I just alternate between angry and sad right now.

I guess enjoying the implosion is the way to go. Then we pick up the pieces.

You are a sweetheart.

gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Bread and circuses. That’s what we need.

unclesmrgol on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I want to see the BLOTUS exhibit.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Heh! Balanced to me would mean that everybody pays a fair share. Those takers on the stage with him don’t pay any income tax and still get “refunds” for earned income credit. If only for a sense of pride and self-worth, the takers need to be part of any balanced approach Mr. President. But, of course, when you just won an election based on the idea that you were Santa I guess that isn’t going to be on the table. Merry Omas America, if you make a decent living it will be looted to pay for even more Obamaphones and other benefits that come with being a taker.

Happy Nomad on November 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

YMMV

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I agree, let them have their way. The republicans are going to get blamed either way if they don’t vote present. It’s the only way to show the fools who voted for Obama that his way doesn’t work.

plutorocks on November 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Agreed, but remember that they aren’t above lying through their teeth about it – no matter which way it goes.

Colbyjack on November 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Do you really think the Dems are going to cut entitlements and other spending..Where have you been the last 4 years???..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I just emailed my Congressman and told him to let all rates rise. Make the Dems own it.

The tricky part of this approach is how to avoid being demonized for allowing rates to rise in order to protect the “rich”. After all, Obama’s approach is so reasonable /sarc.

There is significant risk f the GOP getting the blame for rate increases on the middle class when all they had to do was rase them on the so-called rich.

Charlemagne on November 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I just alternate between angry and sad right now.

I guess enjoying the implosion is the way to go. Then we pick up the pieces.

You are a sweetheart.

gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Well, you know what? We all still have eachother. I want to watch the implosion. All we can do is watch, albeit in horror, but we are all still here. So there’s that.

And. Urkel. LOL!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

My guess is that in two years, democrats will be running against these taxes and Obamacare. Or losing. It’s like the Luxury Tax, so bad the people that purposed it were trying to get rid of it. But liberals only understand failure when they directly experience it. So let them.

MechanicalBill on November 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Onward to Utopia.

CorporatePiggy on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

The middle class saps who are barely self-sufficient and retain their pride are the very bullseye of Obama’s plan for America.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I’m sympathetic to letting all the Bush tax cuts expire. But if the GOP forces that they will take all the blame for the ensuing recession because it would be their plan, not Obama’s. Obama only wants $250k plus. In order for the Dems to take responsibility for the fallout it has to be their plan that gets passed. That’s the only way they will own it.

Mark1971 on November 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

How about we make everyone pay something so everyone has a stake, huh? It’s a perversion of fairness that half the damn country has

no skin in the game.

Charlemagne on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Bread and circuses. That’s what we need.

unclesmrgol on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Old and busted: Bread and circuses.

The new hotness: EBTs and free rubbers….

wytshus on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Hilarious. They still don’t know what they voted for.

squint on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I am worrying about when we get to this stage.

sharrukin on November 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Freedom has been dying amidst thunderous applause for the last 72 hours non stop on MSDNC.

Alberta_Patriot on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I give it less time than that. He did not say anything today that he hasn’t said before. That he doesn’t care where an idea comes from, he’s going to get a lot of people working on this, that we’ve got to come togther if anything is to work…… It is all BS. The rat-eared wonder is one of those people who are all talk but never follows through. He’s not going to listen to any ideas nor does he intend to work with the GOP. Boehner is an idiot if he caves.

Happy Nomad on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

disa on November 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Bingo..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Happy Nomad on November 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I went all Galt (or Bishop) today. Changed my withholding to EXEMPT.

Starve the beast!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I want to see his skull implode from the pressure.

Chin up, sistah!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Good to see ya Key! And glad to see you back in the fight. We can do this. I see a pesidentin’ joe – biteme in our future!

VegasRick on November 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Charlemagne on November 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

The GOP is going to get the blame no matter what they do. Why not make it meaningful.

kim roy on November 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM

no skin in the game.
Charlemagne on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Exempt yourself on your withholding. They won’t know what hit ‘em. You might pay a 20% penalty but if the IRS is un-funded, who’s gonna care?

Starve the beast.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

At this point, I would completely go for this provided we go back to Clinton levels of spending.

But we need to kill ObamaCare. The whole law is anti-employment.

Chuck Schick on November 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

L.I.B.

Let It Burn

See you in the Breadlines.

portlandon on November 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

So it was Bush’s fault that Obama spent nearly 6 trillion dollars in debt? Really? How did the genius Bush manage to avoid this while he was in charge but force Obama into it? Remember – Bush didn’t hand Obama a recession, he handed Obama an ending recession: the recession 4 months into Obama’s first term before Obama enacted any of his economic policy or passed/used the stimulus (you know the spending bill which inflated the budgetary base line by nearly a trillion that has been maintained by spending resolutions).

I agree that we need to cut entitlements and other spending across the board but it’s a red-herring that taxation is a big component in getting us out of this (particularly when higher taxation will hurt the economy). According to the government’s numbers the Bush tax cuts resulted in a loss of revenue – over the last 10 years – of 800 billion from the rich and over a trillion from the middle class. In other words what you call odious and irresponsible tax cuts would have resulted in revenue that would not even cover 2 years of Obama debt spending.

gwelf on November 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

See, these are EXACTLY the idiots I’m talking about who need to learn.

Not one single economic theory advises RAISING taxes during a depression. But you morons who voted for Obama don’t understand that — you just hear “Clinton tax rates” (done when we were NOT in a recession/depression) and run with it.

You’re also the same idiots who think the US Tax Code gives “tax breaks” to companies for shipping jobs overseas.

I’m telling you: Give Obama everything he wants on taxes by voting “present” — let the 50.5% of the electorate who voted to reelect the SCoaMF learn how wrong they are by experiencing it, since they are too stupid to learn it from history & economic theory.

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

msupertas on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

You are still hurting aren’t you? The election is over man.. YOU LOST. Get over it. Lord knows we did in 2004.

HotAirLib on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

VegasRick on November 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Dear God, man! Joe Biden. LOLOLOL!

/He’s a thenator. From Thrcranton. He likes to ride on trains that go choo choo… chugga chugga chugga chugga… choo choo! Bag of chips? $9.50 baby!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Mark1971 on November 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM

So write the law so that everybody pays a minimum income tax (some percentage of their income). Send THAT to the Senate and rat-eared wonder. Make them defend why it is “unfair” that there are so many moochers on the public dole. It won’t resonate with the greedy stupid people who voted Obama back into office but it sure as hell will register with the suckers who are expected to pay for their Obamaphones, contraception, and food stamps.

Happy Nomad on November 9, 2012 at 6:15 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Wait, I thought that de-regulation and “Giving tax breaks to the wealthy” caused the recession.

Jacking up the rates and piling on the regs should really get things up to speed, isn’t that right?

Colbyjack on November 9, 2012 at 6:15 PM

You guys are right. Sometimes you have to let someone fail to teach them a lesson. It might hurt in the short term, but our side can use that time to have plans ready to take over when it DOES fail.
I learned as a 911 operator that you can’t rationalize with stupid or crazy. I hope some of our pols are reading these suggestions.

Pull a Barky. VOTE PRESENT!

RadioAngel on November 9, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Let It Burn

See you in the Breadlines.

portlandon on November 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

LoLz..Not breadlines..Re-Education camps!!..:)

Dire Straits on November 9, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I’m telling ya’…

“The Fiscal Cliff And The Keyser Soze Option”

… It’s our only option left in dealing with this thing.

Seven Percent Solution on November 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Fine. Lets pass the cuts first. That’s the real hurdle. Just raising taxes before the cuts are in place is just feeding the beast.

gwelf on November 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Give him what he wants. Tax everything over $1,000,000 at a 95% rate.

I can’t wait for Hollywood, MLB, NBA, NFL, Network anchors and reporters, leg thrill Chrissy, Gals on the View, Obama, etc, etc, etc. It would be wonderful.

Bring it on.

derft on November 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

to paraphrase George Bush – well not entirley – “Soon All Those Who Voted For Obama Will Be Hit Hard With Reality”.

fistbump on November 9, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Obama: I’ve got my pen ready to raise those taxes

And Michelle Malkin told him what he could do with that pen.

@michellemalkin

how about using that pen to really sign condolence letters to families of dead troops

What? You thought she’d suggest something else?

Flora Duh on November 9, 2012 at 6:17 PM

kim roy on November 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM

The GOP need only put up token resistance, get it on the record, get called racists and hate-mongers one more time by the media, then back away slowly and let the Dems get what they got coming.

squint on November 9, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I went all Galt (or Bishop) today. Changed my withholding to EXEMPT.

Starve the beast!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

This isn’t a half-bad idea. Sure, I’ll owe a load in 2014 but by then I’ll just beg for a payment plan. Hubby’s been out of work for 6 months already, and he made almost twice what I do, which is only in the 40′s. Plus I’m paying over $100/wk in mandatory insurance.

Hey, I’ll live in the friggin woods if it will bring Barry down.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Return to the 90′s rates and continue increased spending w/ CR’s.

L.i.B

Kstag on November 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I just get a kick out of the fact that government received the most revenue in history just a few years AFTER the bush tax cuts. I also am fed up with the GOP failing to drive that point home. Revenue is not synonymous with increasing taxes. But libs won’t get it until they do it and see for themselves. Math is not their strong point. Too bad buying votes doesn’t boost the economy. We would be trucking right along at this point.

MechanicalBill on November 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Hey Buy’em Barry Choom had these evil cuts passed and I for one am sick and tired of not having my younger brother do his patriotic duty.

Hey barry no deal let em expire and let it burn

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Starve the beast!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

It’s about the only chance we have. But to do so we need new Congressional leadership. Boehner is not the beast-slayer, more like the poodle-walker

Happy Nomad on November 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

True but he can spell three letter words, sure it’s slow but, J – O – B – S.

VegasRick on November 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM