Obama: I’ve got my pen ready to raise those taxes

posted at 5:46 pm on November 9, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

In case you missed it this afternoon (or, if you just didn’t want to watch it, in which case I sympathize), President Obama held his first post-election, fiscal-cliff, no-questions-please presser this afternoon, during which he iterated pretty much everything you’d expect.

National Journal sums it up:

• In his first statement since winning reelection, Obama called on Congress to let the Bush tax cuts expire for individuals earning over $200,000 per year and families earning over $250,000. “Let’s extend the middle-class tax cuts right now. Let’s do that right now,” Obama added.
  • The president said while he is “open to compromise,” he will not accept a Republican plan that only contains spending cuts. “I refuse to accept any approach that isn’t balanced,” he told an East Room audience.
  • “On Tuesday night, we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach,” Obama said. “Our job now is to get a majority in Congress to reflect the view of the American people.”

Earlier on Friday, Speaker of the House John Boehner held his own press conference, implying that he was ruling out any tax hikes as part of a deal, via the NYT:

“It’s clear that there are a lot of special interest loopholes in the tax code, both corporate and personal,” he said. “It’s also clear that there are all kinds of deductions, some of which make sense, others don’t. And by lowering rates and cleaning up the tax code, we know we’re going to get more economic growth.” …

But Mr. Boehner said he has a mandate as well.

“There’s a Republican majority here in the House,” he said. “The American people re-elected a Republican majority, and I’m proud of the fact that our team in a very difficult year was able to maintain our majority.”

And I just know you’re curious about what House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi thought about the whole thing, so here you go:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., responded to President Obama with a statement that the president “is exactly right –  the American people voted on Tuesday for certainty for our economy and middle class families.”

“President Obama has his signing pen ready, and I am certain that, given the opportunity, Democrats in the House will vote to send the middle income tax cut to the President next week,” said Pelosi.

So, everybody’s geared up for the fight, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid affirmed his readiness to raise the debt ceiling to almost $19 trillion earlier this week — which is really awesome, since we’re set to hit around $20 trillion in debt by the end of Obama’s second term. I’m sure we can just keep delaying dealing with our debt, and delaying it, and delaying it, and delaying it…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’m telling you: Give Obama everything he wants on taxes by voting “present” — let the 50.5% of the electorate who voted to reelect the SCoaMF learn how wrong they are by experiencing it, since they are too stupid to learn it from history & economic theory.

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Present.
Present.
Present.

Own it, Obama.

talkingpoints on November 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

The pain will come. It will be hard and the pain averse public is going to learn quick. The bhange can happen fast when that happens.

jukin3 on November 9, 2012 at 7:08 PM

The key is to live under your means, and be prepared to happily lose all not a bad idea to have a back up plug of land and assets.

Grandma was a White russian whose dad lost all when lenin won and she warned me to not look as though you have a single hoe more than your neighbor if collectivists win.

Let it burn

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

EMBRACE the Cliff.

LOVE the Cliff!

jukin3 on November 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Pedal to the metal. Let’s get this over with…

Fallon on November 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Wow! Barry is UP for ‘a compromise’. Just as long as you do things his way.

GarandFan on November 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM

But we need to kill ObamaCare. The whole law is anti-employment.

Chuck Schick on November 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

lolololol. Still keeping the hope alive even after the American people single handily rejected your backwards ideology. Good luck champ!

HotAirLib on November 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Yes my friend we have to live with Hotairlibs “Progressive” policies that are going to break our lives, our wills, our souls. We will pay the exorbitant taxes and be “happy” about it. We will soon not have enough money to cover even eating and be “happy” about it. Because he says his side of the aisle is.. .Progressive.

Dear- our way out of this is to let he and his have their way.. to the point where we start figuring out how we will be able to hunker down while they kill each other off when there is no more money. I know he thinks you just print more and tada… there it is. That is what all liberals.. “progressives” think. They never learned there are consequences to non-stop spending and non-stop taxes. It didn’t work for the ussr, and it isn’t working in Europe as anyone with a brain can see, even though he can’t because.. well.. its that progressive brain of his.. so much…. “smarter”.

I still think– get your family as settled as you can. Get food “hoarded” he would say. Get essentials put away including a way to protect you and yours. Get precious metals and stones put aside. make sure you have a way to get water, hygiene and your records in a safe place. Let them dance this little bit of quiet before the storm, but above all let he and his take the brunt of what is right around the corner. They asked for it. They deserve it with no overt opposition on our parts until we have to protect ourseelves, and then I hope you take care of your spiritual life, because we are all going to need it.

Noelie on November 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Get over it. Lord knows we did in 2004.
HotAirLib on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…..Really??? Yeah, using names like Bushitler showed you got over it. Right.

BeachBum on November 9, 2012 at 6:20 PM

OVER IT? This election is a continuation of the petulance. You were so pi$$ed that you elected the most radical leftist you could. You abandoned sanity in your tantrum. We’re just trying to keep the country from dying because of your immaturity.

You can thank us in 2016 by staying home.

CycloneCDB on November 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

You can thank us in 2016 by staying home.

CycloneCDB on November 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

No that ship has sailed.

Enjoy your new toy moonbats.

I’ve still got my guns and 4 months of food hidden.

See you in the funny papers.

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Noelie on November 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

And it wouldn’t hurt to have a few weapons.

TarheelBen on November 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

How long before the push to repeal the 22nd amendment?

Give him everything he wants.

Burn it down!

BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!

TinMan13 on November 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

We have become a victim of our own success in killing the USSR. The thought of fairness and Unicorns is too much for a good percentage of people. Now that there is now visible model of what happens under collective leftism, the young, naive, stupid, and communists think it can work here.

jukin3 on November 9, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I think what Urkel keeps forgetting is the dot com boom. Urkel will not get a dot com boom. He’ll probably get a weave or something. But definitely NOT a boom.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM

How long before the push to repeal the 22nd amendment?

Give him everything he wants.

Burn it down!

BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!

TinMan13 on November 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Jan 2009.

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I want to say something and I hope peeps will read it.

We are dealing with the likes of stubborn children. I want this, I want that.

I raised my son in the 90′s. He has never known “want”. For the first time in his life I have to tell him that “sorry, we can’t afford it”. No, we can’t have steak or other nice food anymore. Those days have been going, going, going since 2009. He has watched me lose a thriving business. He has watched me struggle to pay bills, he has watched me clip coupons, he has watched me go to dollar stores when I used to shop at the mall. He has watched me dye/do my own hair (I’m a miserable failure at that). He watched us lose our home and we’re perfectly happy in a smaller place.

He knows we’re broke. But he’s okay. He finally has come to grips with life in the Obamacon. We’re stronger now. He’s exhibiting a desire to work for what he gets, realizes that nothing is free.

And, he detests freeloaders.

So it’s all good.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 7:28 PM

You can’t read simple English, can you? I didn’t trumpet Keynes, I didn’t trumpet supply side or any economic theory — I merely pointed out that not ONE economic theory advised raising taxes during a recession — which is TRUE — yet you fools seem to think Obama’s got some magic formula that is going to allow raising taxes to “work” during a recession. I say: have at it.

See, I’m agreeing to give you everything you say you want & you still have a problem with it.

Dumb.*ss

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM

You’ve completely missed the point – we must give him what he wants. It will be a painful shot of reality for the people who voted for Obama. But we’ll all have to pay.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM

disa on November 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I’ll recover.

hell I want INS abolished.

Barack’s right immigration laws are racists I like the Chinese why not encourage them to come over too?

Burn it all

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Dark Star on November 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Present.
Present.
Present.
Own it, Obama.
talkingpoints on November 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Yes, revenge!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM

And, he detests freeloaders.

So it’s all good.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 7:28 PM

That is virtually identical to my circumstances…my kids were the same and now realize that THATlife is all over for us…they grew up (until 2009)with spring break trips every year, nice cars and meals out, never the thought of not having something, not spoiled, just comfortable…

And Wednesday morning my 17 year old daughter says “it really sucks that Obama won and half of everything me make has to go to pay for other peoples stuff”….

Kids say the darndest things…

Tim Zank on November 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Yes, revenge!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Yes, we’re fast learners. Why, I’m re-reading Alinksi now…..

SailorMark on November 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Not quite. When Bush marketed his odious, irresponsible tax cuts to the American people, it was presented as a temporary cut to be re-evaluated in 10 years.
Despite objections from Alan Greenspan and O’Neill within Bush’s own Treasury, unaffordable tax cuts were passed that, when coupled with massive spending cuts and an aging population, led the US to its current trillion dollar annual deficit.

Time to return to Clinton tax rates, preferably not just for high income earners, but for everyone and start cutting entitlements and other spending across the board.

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I was going to scream, cry out, argue! No. Let them crash it all. People this blind will die thinking, “What happened, what went wrong?”

Bulletchaser on November 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

clearbluesky on November 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Just logged in to make this exact point.
I wonder if it will come to John to mention this to the POTUS over cocktails and light beers.

Whiterock on November 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

You know that isn’t a half bad idea. I’d also build in something that taxes the Hollywood elite even more.
They wanted – they got it.
gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

It’s one of the few weapons available in the Culture War.

Make them scream. Hear them whine.

The present the contradiction: Whiney, rich elites versus your unemployment check.

It just worked for Team Obama…

Bruno Strozek on November 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wow! Barry is UP for ‘a compromise’. Just as long as you do things his way.

GarandFan on November 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM

This.

WisconsinJewels on November 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Let it burn

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

LOL – no worries here!

disa on November 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Noelie on November 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Whiskey is an excellent barter item.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I took a walk. During that walk I realized that America today doesn’t know pain, sacrifice. The kind that came from the big wars or from the deep hard depression. America has forgotten the hard lessons learned. The Greatest Generation folks I knew, taught me those lessons. I will always be grateful.
We are about to have another lesson through experience I fear. Bring it on. My only question, why did those Greatest Generation folks that did vote, vote for this. Are they smart enough to know, this is the only way to get us on track, or was it something else.

Whiterock on November 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Yes, revenge!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Even better. Life lesson.

The reason you and your fellow Obama moochers are p*ssing yourself is that you never thought we would shoot those hostages.

But what we’ve figured out is that we producers are far more equipped to pay higher taxes than you moochers are – and, since you moochers buy what we produce, we can pass every single tax hike, every single carbon tax, every single rate increase for electricity and gas, on to you.

Ready to pay $7 a gallon? I am. You aren’t.

northdallasthirty on November 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Isn’t this how Captain Kirk won?

disa on November 9, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Kids say the darndest things…

Tim Zank on November 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

When they see the truth with their own eyes, they sort of get it. I think we’re getting over a Clinton era hangover to be honest. No, you can’t have it all. You get what you work for, nothing more, nothing less.

Good lessons at the right time.

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM

What it’s about

Now, it’s off to the fish dinner at the Moose lodge with my parents. Thank God I have them in my life.

Best to all. Chins up!

Key West Reader on November 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I agree. It is the only way.

Agree with Obama, do as the Liberals want and

Let them Die.

Bulletchaser on November 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Eh. Just raise the taxes. Then when the small businesses start firing people left and right, maybe the unemployment rate will jump over 10 percent. Let’s just let it go to full rot… I’m done fighting. Let the losers have what they want.

tyketto on November 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Liberals are going to suffer the ultiate curse: They are going to get everything they’ve ever wanted, and everything that they deserve.

May God have mercy on them. Because no one else will.

logis on November 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM

No more Robbing-the Hood.

Now here is what the House needs to do, and quickly. First, we are one America. We, the largely uninformed people of America endlessly voted for the politicians who for decades resulted in $16T of debt and the perpetual train wreck in DC. It’s about time that we the people start being held accountable for our actions/inactions/inattentiveness and pay for it, all of us!

Immediately reduce government spending to what it was when Bill Clinton was in office.

Immediately increase tax on all Americans by the average difference percentage-wise in taxes between 2012 and when Bill Clinton was in office. e.g 10% increase across the board. Those Americans who are on EITC and other re-distribution programs will pay the same percentage tax. Those on Welfare, SSI, and Veterans benefits… no exceptions. We are one, we are America, and that is how we will get out of the mess we all created. America needs you! Ask not what America can do for you but what you can do for America.

Oh well, pretty much ensured that I will never run for an office.

stuartm80127 on November 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Let it burn

harlekwin15 on November 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

One of the best pieces of advice I got when in college, it came from my landlord. Sadly, current culture teaches living way beyond your means. I wonder how this election might have been different if Andrew Brietbart had still been with us.

jukin3 on November 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM

My first post on this site, since the economy is tanking,it’s my excuse not to get so many haircuts. In my business I no longer extend credit to patients (too many bankrupt people). I have to bite the bullet, and Obama can bite me!

Drill and Fill on November 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Argentina went through this and I’m now reading a book written by, Fernando Aguirre based on first hand experience of the 2001 economic collapse in Argentina. He mirrors many of the things that are in our news today. Worth the read, titled, “Surviving The Economic Collapse”.

mixplix on November 9, 2012 at 8:24 PM

HELP MR PEABODY! HELP

Drill and Fill on November 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Obama will never understand or never wants to submit to the fact that “lower taxes bring in higher treasury revenue”

he is too busy being fair

this one was from the 2008 debates with Shrillary

if I had a dollar for every time he used the phrase
“everyone needs to pay their fair share” I could pay off the $16 trillion dollar debt single handedly

audiotom on November 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

bayam on November 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Bulletchaser on November 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

funny tax revenues increased each year from 2003 till their record in 2007 under the Bush Tax cuts. his budgets were around 400 billion dollars when fighting two unnecessary wars. Then in 2007 – Pelosi, Reid and company took over. Bush decided to play nice and the deficit went to $1 trillion. Obama exploded it from there

why we haven’t spelled out to the public that the 2006-2008 congress and frankn/dodd/clinton/fanny freddie took us down is beyond me

lower taxes works

and buffett and romney’s secretary getting taxed more than they do?
they are getting taxed a second time on money they already earned and paid taxes on. Enough already.

audiotom on November 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM

So there we have it: Obysmal’s revenge.
“Yay,” cheer his dupes.

“Millionaires and billionaires” making $200,000 or $250,000 are made up of middle-class small business entrepreneurs. There goes the middle class…or any class mobility for achievers.

Obysmal won on the envy ticket.

onlineanalyst on November 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Let all the tax cuts expire.

Don’t raise the debt ceiling.

According to the Left the added revenue will more than make up for the spending going on.

And when it doesn’t, let Obama and the Left know that cutting the military won’t even put a dent into the deficit, and that social programs will have to be cut… by Obama and the Democrats because they sing from the Leftist hymnal. I’m sure these ever so smart Leftists can figure out how to do this! Really! They all say that the extra revenue will work miracles so *poof* let the miracles roll.

Give them exactly what they asked for, what they wanted, what their lovely intentions SAID WOULD WORK, and then they can be the ones to figure out how to spend within the means of the revenue brought in. Really, for $2 trillion they ought to be able to run a government on that, no?

ajacksonian on November 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I say let the axe drop on everybody. When every working stiff’s paycheck is smaller in January and the rest of the year, it will be the Republican’s fault. So what…does anybody actually believe the Republicans will get any credit if they cave to Obama? For the next four years and well into the beginning of the 2016 election season, the Republicans and Tea Party conservatives will be reamed by the Democrats. Does anyone really think bipartisanship works in D.C. anymore, if it ever did?

Republicans and conservatives…stand up for principle! If Boehner and the other Republicans cave, the Democrats will laugh all the way to the bank. The party will be finished for sure. I am retired and exist on Social Security and a very small pension check due to an extremely high cost on my health plan. I am not rich by any means, but this redistributio of the wealth of successful people must stop!

Yes, initially the masses will blame the Republicans, but what will we have to lose? We have nothing to gain by caving on this issue. Does anyone envision an avalanche of bipartisanship after Obama gets his way? We will all have less money each month, but by damned we can cut back on someting to bear the pain. Stop going to the movies and putting dollars in the pockets of all those Hollyweird liberals. Cut back on your Starbucks and brew coffee at home (Folger’s Classic Roast is the best). Republicans cave now and the tax increases on the wealthy will not end. Their total income, if confiscated by the Democrats, would not run the government for 1/2 year. Obama gets his way and he will still have to hit up the middle class anyway. That’s his plan to start with. At some point down the road, he will tell the middle class that the wealthy came forward and did their part and the middle class must pay more as well for the good of the country.

metroryder on November 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM

They wanted – they got it.
gophergirl on November 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Ace has a good scheme.

disa on November 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Republicans in Congress should allow Obama do “finish the job he started.”

jeannieology on November 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Raise the tax on assets, not income.

ignatzk on November 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Listen up Preezy, the American people may have voted for you to jet around in AF1 in your cool bomber jacket and make out with Christie inbetween fund raisers but they ALSO elected the Republicans over the purse strings, so you get spending cuts, loophole closures and (hopefully) a broadening of the tax base, preferably falling hardest on unions and Hollywood/Silicon Valley, it is after all, what the American people voted for.

Rogue on November 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Obysmal does not believe in economic growth. He is not wired that way. He is h*ll bent on slicing and dicing (in his view) a limited economic pie. He himself has said that “at some point, you have made enough.” He has taken it upon himself to determine what that “enough” is. The result will be that everyone will be miserable.

onlineanalyst on November 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Enough! Quit with the temper tantrum, people! Letting all of the tax rates expire will crush a lot of us that are struggling to get by as it is. I live in the town destroyed by the closure of DHL, Wilmington, OH (Beck did a show there in 2010.). Those 7500 jobs haven’t come back. Families have been forced to leave their homes and shoehorn themselves into the homes of relatives or leave the area altogether. Yes, many of these people took the disability route because they had little or no alternative. Those of us who have survived have relatives living with us that are unable to find work, food is more expensive, gas has doubled etc etc etc.

We must not punish everyone just because their guy won his election. That is how it will be framed by the media. Who are you kidding? If the MSM were a series of restaurants they’d be McDonald’s and Fox News would be the Mom and Pop’s Burger Palace. Sure, the Burger Palace is better and has a more diverse menu but McDonald’s has served billions and billions. We can’t expect the media to point the finger at the Democrats even if it is true. They’ll always find a way to pin it on us because they want to. We’ll lose. They’ll never take our side even when the cold, hard facts smack them right in the face until we infiltrate the MSM.

The Democrats didn’t get their Socialistic Utopia done under one president. It’s taken them 80 years to get this far. We’ll never get ours in 1/20th of that time with the deck stacked against us by the FFM. We’ll never get more than 30% of the Latino vote, 10% of the black vote or 50% of the female because the other side has no qualms with lying about unimportant, small things because they know it works for them. Fox will call them liars, but the others won’t so those uninformed voters will still call us liars. Send your kids to journalism/broadcast school. We can’t change who we are, we must change how we reach the masses.

Letting it all burn is sentimentally great but we’ll be engulfed by the fire and the Arson investigators will blame it on us.

rmel80 on November 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I think it’s funny that people on these boards are assuming liberals will take responsibility for the coming collapse. After four years of obama being president, the chumps that voted him back in office still blame Bush for the economy.

When the collapse happens, it will be because Bush so royally screwed up the economy there was no real way to fix it. obama has just been trying to mitigate as much of the damage as he could by distributing resources to the middle class. It will never be his fault.

JAGonzo on November 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

onlineanalyst on November 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Litle Bammie doesn’t understand basic economics. He doesn’t understand the process of wealth creation, and he sees our nation’s wealth as a fixed pie that is carved up according to the laws of Congress. It’s tragic that such an uneducated dumbass can become president of our country.

slickwillie2001 on November 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

rmel80

We’re going to get blamed no matter what we do. If we’re going to lose, let’s lose by at least putting up a fight. Let It Burn.

xblade on November 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Obama will continue to say that Republicans are holding middle class tax cuts hostage. Stupid GOP will cave.

txmomof6 on November 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

JAGonzo on November 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

THIS x 1 million. They are still blaming Hoover even though FDR was responsible for more problems in the Depression than he ever was. Bush didn’t fight back and noone ever disputes it so he will be blamed til the end of time.

txmomof6 on November 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM

So What? Let them blame all they want, smile and say “OOPS”
if they call you a racist smile and say ” Da devil made me do it”
If they curse you, smile and say “and your point is?”
If they say you’re hurting your position smile and say “why does my view of the world matter to you? It never did before.”
Let It Burn. Just think about opening that bottle of Schandenfreude
I hear it is very sweet when served cold.

stormridercx4 on November 10, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Stand your ground Republicans!! Dems will cave because they can’t and won’t accept cutting spending even if it means extending tax cuts which they hate to do. If they cave you win and if they don’t taxes will go up but huge spending cuts will occur too. Republicans can then blame any backlash on the stuborn democrats. You win in that case too.

Dollayo on November 10, 2012 at 3:30 AM

They’ve been screaming for the last 10 years that the Bush tax cuts were the cause of all this, so let ‘em expire – all of them.

All the tax cuts, all the tax credits.

mnealtx on November 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM

JAGonzo on November 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I think it’s funny that you believe we care. LOVE the bit about how it’s Bush’s fault!!

Give them what they want, we’re going over the cliff anyway.

disa on November 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Give them what they want, we’re going over the cliff anyway.

disa on November 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I was kind of thinking that too.

I read somewhere that 8 out of the 10 richest counties voted for Obama.
Maybe we should make sure they get what they want so they can see that they don’t want what they get.

esnap on November 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes, revenge!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Even better. Life lesson… Ready to pay $7 a gallon? I am. You aren’t.

northdallasthirty on November 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Very nicely put.

rogerb on November 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Let It Burn. Just think about opening that bottle of Schandenfreude
I hear it is very sweet when served cold.

stormridercx4 on November 10, 2012 at 2:45 AM

The other problem with L.I.B. is that the moochers and looters are quite prepared to kill you (and they’ll get a free hand in doing it see also Eric Holder) to continue getting free stuff. see also Van Jones/Bill Ayers.

We are here because we are NOT prepared to kill them. So until you are ready, and you can actually do it, I predict, nothing will happen, you will continue to be abused, and come back and happily pay all those taxes.

I predict a BIG rise in paid, armed ‘security’ forces.

So yeah, yall cheer up.

orbitalair on November 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Even better. Life lesson… Ready to pay $7 a gallon? I am. You aren’t.

northdallasthirty on November 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM

They’ll just steal yours while you are at work.

orbitalair on November 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

BigSven is thrilled for NOT to be making over $200,000 a year

But with Thanksgiving fast approaching BigSven is Thankful for:

1. Brand new efficiency Government Public Housing apartment with swimming pool for the 12 unit project. Utilities paid by government.

2. My EPT card and all the good things it does for me.

3. Food stamps to keep me in steak and lobster like I’m entitled to have.

4. ObamaCare just in case I ever get sick

5. The free turkey and other great handouts from the government officials, plus all the charities that give us free stuff around the Holidays, and all year long if we want it.

6. Being “hungry, poor and down trodden” is a great way to make a living !!

Thank YOU suckers out there, that work hard and play by the rules, for making this all possible!!!:)

BigSven on November 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM