Closing down the OOTDs

posted at 8:01 am on November 9, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Some readers have already noticed that we haven’t had an Obamateurism entry since Election Day. I’ve received a few e-mails wondering what happened to the daily feature, but viewers of the Ed Morrissey Show know that I had already decided to shut down the OOTD series after the election, regardless of the result.  If Mitt Romney won, we wouldn’t need it any longer, and if Barack Obama won re-election, the point would be moot.

Dinesh D’Souza actually made the latter argument last night, apart from the context of the OOTDs:

The election would be a pretty good argument for that.

To understand why I think the series has run its course, it helps to know why I started the OOTD feature in the first place.  It wasn’t to make the point that Obama makes a lot of gaffes; he had done that during the 2007-8 campaign, too, and all politicians do it to some extent. It’s just human nature, especially apparent when every utterance gets committed to video or transcription.  It was that the media strung together some George Bush gaffes as a narrative about his intellect, including Jacob Weisberg at Slate, who turned them into a “Bushisms” series and a few books — but no one in the media bothered to do the same with Obama.

This was my way of making a point about media narratives, and also have a fun way to point out Obama’s fumbles.  Frankly, I didn’t think it would go on nearly this long.  If I wanted a feature that would have lasted all during Obama’s first term, I probably would have focused on Joe Biden instead.  After nearly four years, though, the point has been made and made and made.  That doesn’t mean we won’t have some fun with Obama’s gaffes in his second term (we certainly have fun with Biden’s!), but I’m not going to catalog them on a daily basis any longer.

We won’t leave you hanging on this year’s OOTDs, though.  Starting Sunday morning, we’ll begin running the OOTY preliminary polls, and we’ll add a poll at the end for the biggest overall Obamateurism in the last four years.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I haven’t read through all of the comments, so my apologies if this has already been said.

If you have to lie, deceive, dissemble, cover up, allow people to die, etc. etc. etc. to achieve your goals, you’re an amateur.

BR549 on November 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I’ll miss the OOTD. They helped me stay sane in the past 4 years. And I’m not sure I agree that they should stop just because Obama is so ‘accomplished’ in achieving his goals through corruption and deceit. They were often more than just a recitation of his ‘amateur’ gaffes–they highlighted the failings of liberalism. And being reminded of that may help us put together a plan for 2014.

mathgal60 on November 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Could we have an alternative feature? I humbly suggest “Liberal Entitlement of the Day”.

M240H on November 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Hubby was furious about that last night. He asked, what kind of a totally crazy and screwed up world are we now living in? Or, something like that. Boggles the mind.

Fallon on November 9, 2012 at 9:12 AM

BRING IT BACK!!!!

Have Allahpundit do it if you can’t stomach another four years, but WE NEED TO CONSTANTLY REMIND OURSELVES WHY THE CAMPAIGNER-IN-CHIEF IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE!!!!

Maddie on November 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Good decision IMHO.

Let’s face it folks, is there anyone here besides the libtard trolls who doesn’t know by now that A: Obama is stupid beyond compare and B: we are now irrevocably screwed?

Some other kind of ‘daily’ post could be nice if you made sure it wasn’t just posts restating the obvious. (Americans are idiots, the left is all hypocrites/cowards/etc.)

MelonCollie on November 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Like that’s gonna’ work when everything else has gone belly up.

cozmo on November 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I just bought some of the books. Son is planning a long “roughing it” camping trip next year with friends. So, for Christmas, I bought one for his backpack and one for each of his friends, too.

Fallon on November 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

How about BOMB— the Breitbart (award for) Outrageous Media Bias of the week? (from “major” outlets….MSNBC doesn’t count ;-)

hoosierma on November 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM

All his goofs are pale in comparison to his attempt to destroy our birthright.

If only going over the fiscal cliff was as awesome as this.

And I am not frightened of dying,
any time will do,
I Don’t mind.
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There’s no reason for it,
you’ve gotta go sometime.
If you can hear this whispering you are dying.
I never said I was frightened of dying.

AH_C on November 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM

How about “Ignored American Casualty of the Day”.

You can show a pic and a short bio of whichever American was slaughtered overseas by terrorists that Bark blames on anything but terrorism.

Bishop on November 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I’m sorry, but how does Obama winning Tuesday change the fact he’s an amateur? Yeah, he’s good at winning elections-it certainly helps to have the national media as part of your campaign-but beyond that he’s still a lousy president.

changer1701 on November 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

How about “Ignored American Casualty of the Day”.

Bishop on November 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

…I like it.

MelonCollie on November 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM

WOLVERINES!

antisense on November 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM

this is a bad move, the OOTD is great. just because he got re-elected doesnt mean he’s gonna stop being a dumba$$. you should re-think this.

chasdal on November 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I get it now. This is Ed’s way of getting us used to losing things we like under Dear Leader.

BR549 on November 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM

WOW, the end of an era…
MOURNING in AMERICA

OmahaConservative on November 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM

BRING IT BACK!!!!

Maddie on November 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Yup.

the_nile on November 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

WOLVERINES!

antisense on November 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM

You just gave me a mental image of an Obama rally where people suddenly look up and go “holy cr@p! It’s raining soldiers!”

The soldiers being American paratroopers…

MelonCollie on November 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It was fun and it made me laugh, but I don’t think this is funny anymore. Thanks for all your hard work, Ed.

Night Owl on November 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Good call. It really is a target rich environment.

How about a Awesomeness Of Obama Of the Week – AOOOW!

That will be much harder to find.

and with regard to Dinesh D’Souza no one doubts the AOOOW when it comes to campaigning. Anyone who can get re-elected without having to defend his record, and was never challenged put out new agenda is really pretty awesome!

I am really not dealing well with this.

9 out of 10 of the richest counties in the US voted overwhelmingly for BO. I say let’em have it. I am tired of defending those who will not defend themselves or at least try.

TomAnon on November 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM

how about changing to thuggism of the day. he’s ready to hand out revenge.

conservativegrandma on November 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

How about “Ignored American Casualty of the Day”.

Bishop on November 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I’m with you Bishop.

I think of those CIA agents that ignored the stand-down order and went in to save fellow Americans and paid for it with their lives.

We must NEVER FORGET THE HEROES.

itsspideyman on November 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM

From the various posts, possible replacement ideas for OOTD:

Media silence, revenge, flexibility in foreign policy or Americans as fodder of the day?

Fallon on November 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Some of us are not “amateurs” and actually look forward to Armageddon.
When the Big Balloon goes up, don’t come a knockin’ ’round these here parts.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on November 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM

That sounds rather “amateurish”, frankly.

Only those who have never known war “look forward” to it.

Solaratov on November 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I’m sad. I’m not sure even the OOTD could make me smile.

How about a feature to remind us daily of what America use to be before it died? Nah, that would just make me cry.

katablog.com on November 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

That sounds rather “amateurish”, frankly.

Only those who have never known war “look forward” to it.

Solaratov on November 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I suspect Karl is harboring fantasies of taking some well-earned revenge on the welfare classes when order breaks down.

So would I…but the difference is that I know that it’s awful hard to get revenge on when there’s a roaring mob in the street that outnumbers armed citizens 100-1 or worse.

MelonCollie on November 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Deceit of the Day?

onlineanalyst on November 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM

So, just because he got re-elected means that he’ll suddenly know what he’s talking about with regards to economics, history, common sense, American exceptionalism, military prowess, etc.?

Yeah, maybe.

And maybe I’m a Chinese jet pilot.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Flora Duh on November 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Heh, Heh, Heh.

I see what you did there. :)

Solaratov on November 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Dinesh D’Souza@DineshDSouza

Why does he need so much help from the MSM then? Don’t they know he is highly capable of accomplishing his progressive goals without them?

lynncgb on November 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM

How about “Ignored American Casualty of the Day”.

Bishop on November 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

The fact that there’s even enough material for this is so infuriating.

Washington Nearsider on November 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Because you rack up massive debt against incompetent GOP, bush-legacy leadership, and have two major terrorist missions succeed on your watch and multiple foreign policy fails is not an “accomplishment.”

HopeHeFails on November 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

No real issue to me about shutting down OOTD, one less thread per day focusing on Captain Arrogance will actually be welcomed.

Plus, soon I suspect we will need to pivot to “Decree of the Day”, or DOODys, they’ll be flying at us so fast and furious.

TXUS on November 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

He may be accomplished and sucessful in meeting his goals, but so are snake oil salesmen, which is what Obama is.

NavyMustang on November 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I recommend a Meme of The Day instead

faraway on November 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

WOW, the end of an era…
MOURNING in AMERICA

OmahaConservative on November 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hi OC, you still here?

I am shaken to the core, and it feels like everyone’s given up.
My poor kids…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

MontanaMmmm on November 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Bears reposting from another thread

GOP leaders, Zo would like a word with you:

Please don’t dig up Bob Keeshan for 2016.

Fallon on November 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM

AH_C on November 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

How about a BOHICA segment?

We could feature all the wonderful ways that we’re getting screwed.

Hill60 on November 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Who is running the re-education camps? Job well done.

Rockshine on November 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Where are these camps? I need a ride, but I’ll sign up. Clearly we are in need of re-education, since math, science, and history are utter nonsense, proven by 11/6/12. I still need a ride…and a phone…a check would be nice, no, no check cash, EBT. That’s the ticket. EBT and a ride, call me and let me know when you’ll pick me up.

Who is John Galt on November 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM

how about changing to thuggism of the day. he’s ready to hand out revenge.

conservativegrandma on November 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

The acronym could be something like:

Another
Crappy
Obama
Revenge
Narrative

joeeddie on November 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

How about a LOTD??

Liberalism Of The Day

dddave on November 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I used to really look for a laugh every Sunday morning. It helped me look towards getting him voted out of office. Now, nothing seem funny about this nightmare.

doublezero12 on November 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM

With The Chose One being reelected, he is no longer an amateur. He is now a professional incompetent executive.

GoodAg77 on November 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

How about for the next month, (at least), turn the tables and call it: How Amateur Republicans Pathetically Lose Elections ~ HARPLE.

It could be a playbook for future “conservative” presidential candidates seeking relevancy. After all, with losing two consecutive election cycles to “an amateur” of this magnitude, (in reality), who’s willing to risk their credibility calling him an amateur? Can we really call the method of how a President managed a D+6 turnout an “amateurism”? How about a guide for conservatives on how to effectively remove egg from their faces? The Obama campaign literally outperformed their 2008 models while Republicans couldn’t even match McCain’s, and O’s the amateur?

Prudent move Mr. Morrissey.

Rovin on November 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I always liked the OOTD. Some were major, some were minor, but most were pretty funny. I think you should continue the series.

nazo311 on November 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Since OOTD is going away, can we replace it with STCOTD (Stupid Troll Comment of the Day)?

Left Coast Right Mind on November 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Left Coast Right Mind on November 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Why have it rubbed in our faces that the mods basically won’t ban anyone for anything?

MelonCollie on November 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I’m not sure I can go one without the OOTD. It was keeping me sane.

Please, give us something to keep going. Any of the ideas listed here would be great.

HilliardPatriot on November 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Isn’t it time for conservatives & GOP to stop calling Obama an amateur & a bungler?He is highly successful in accomplishing his goals

— Dinesh D’Souza (@DineshDSouza) November 8, 2012

Name a single accomplishment that he has done that is good for the country. Just one. Any one. As for his continuous amateurisms, are you kidding? This dude is nothing but. And somebody get the families of the dead Americans in Libya on the phone. Let’s hear from them if they think Obama is a bungler. I think the families of about 300 Mexicans not to mention the families of some border patrol agents who would like to weigh in on that as well. And don’t get me started on the 4 years and counting of lack of a budget and the nonstop running of the printing presses at the mint.

HotAirian on November 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The thing about the OOTD was that many of them weren’t amateur. An amateur gaffe is something like the 57 states thing. But lying about events or claiming credit or praising Islam or the stimulus or whatever is not amateur. I think the OOTD gave the impression that it was all about Obama. Yes he was an amateur but the people behind him were/are not. Eastwood was right about the empty chair, but he missed that person standing behind it.

I’ve said this over and over and I’ll say it one more time. Ted Kennedy helped pick Obama. He saw this as his last chance to be President as a man behind the curtain. There is some justice in the world since that fat pig Ted died before he got the chance though. Obama may be an amateur and that was/is just what his handlers wanted.

Deanna on November 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Slightly off topic, but regarding amateur behavior. I got 3 emails yesterday about an order I placed with the GOP for Romney/Ryan signs. The problem? I ordered them in mid-august. So I inquired as to what these emails meant. I was told it meant they shipped… o.0

Really? So it took the GOP 3 months to fulfill an order for something I no longer needed 3 days ago. I understand that they may have been out of signs and when I didn’t receive them in time I pretended that it was a donation. But this is laughable and I told them so. Maybe they took them out of people’s yards and sent them to me… I don’t know. I find it hilarious and it makes me wonder about the GOP.

ConDem on November 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

How about offering Hope – what Americans are doing/ can do in these dark days? Like Bill Whittle’s idea of a parallel society? The little things that keep us going – to the big things that remind us why we continue on continuing on?

Highlight the strength of Americans – those brave men and women who fight for the ideals that will always be there – the shining lights that are so desperately needed right now? The spirit can never be killed – only battered and bruised; let it live on in a daily feature to remind us what makes this country so great – even when it seems all hope is lost.

In the end, it is the individual who comes to freedom; slavery is easy.

Blight on November 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Blight on November 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

That’s a great idea! I hope TPTB consider this. It’ll be nice to have a place that focuses on some positive when everywhere else we hear about the negative.

ConDem on November 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Despite the fact that Bush was in his second term, Letterman ran the daily comedy bit, “Great Moments in Presidential Speeches” right up to Obama’s inauguration.

The routine was designed to mock Bush, tear him down, plus hurt Republicans.

Of course, the bit was ended immediately after Obama’s inauguration.

You should continue to mock Obama until Jan, 2017 (God, it hurts to write that year).

Reno_Dave on November 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

That sounds rather “amateurish”, frankly.

Only those who have never known war “look forward” to it.

Solaratov on November 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

If you haven’t noticed, the United States is headed for dire times.
Be prepared, or don’t complain. Some of us live in the hinterlands, not the city, on purpose. And no, not because we want war, but are loathe to be caught with our pants down. Thus, we keep our powder dry.
(by the way, i am no “amateur”)
Semper Paratus
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on November 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

BeachBum on November 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I thought Bishop’s idea was a good one, too. I’m in Florida also, my family has started prepping- first it was for hurricanes, but since O was first elected, we felt there was other scenarios to consider. Glen Beck has a lot of info on prepping, and there are several websites that sell freeze-dried food and the like. Just Google that.

The most general piece of advice I have seen is start slow, and just keep adding to your stash whenever you can afford it. Growing a garden, having a water supply (check out berkey water filters). Of course, firearms to protect what you have. You can get a lot of cheap stuff on Amazon. Check out the Eton weather radio, and cheap camping supplies are always good. If you can, always have a supply of gasoline.

I’d love a separate thread for this so we can all contribute ideas and be able to reference it.

ConArtist in Tampa on November 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The man has never had a real job except for selling drugs, but there’s no arguing that he’s no amateur at getting elected.

Sadly, that’s going to be the only job in this country that still pays.

HitNRun on November 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Please have someone else do the OOTD if you’re burned out. It is the first thing I read every morning and reminds me the idea that I am not alone here.

Irene Flick on November 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I think Hot Air should have a feature focusing on the corruption in the Legacy Media but that would be a full time job for someone.

d1carter on November 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Same reason we don”t need Hot Gas anymore the point would be moot.

RickinNH on November 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Let’s drive the libs nuts with FAOTD.

Fire Arm Of The Day, a thread where we discuss a particular new acquisition, or new gun-related product.

The input by the trolls would be entertaining.

Yoop on November 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Oh, crap. I use the OOTD as a resource for my political art. Well, we’ll always have the archives, Ed. And, I mean that in a Casablanca way. Thanks for the multi-year effort. Appreciated.

I would love to see a regular feature busting media chops (written by you or AP).

tuffy on November 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Sums it up for me as well…

Night Owl on November 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Used to be my first read of the day. Now, I think, it would just be a hard reminder of the path that America has chosen.

Glad to see it put to rest.

Goody2Shoes on November 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

how about changing to thuggism of the day. he’s ready to hand out revenge.

conservativegrandma on November 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Deceit of the Day?

onlineanalyst on November 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Pleeeeeeeeeze?
I’ve lost my once beautiful country. I’ve lost hope for my children and their childrens future. Now I’ve lost the first thing I went to when I get out of bed each day. Sadness.

manyears on November 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Bad move HotAir. Or as I usually say for the OOTD:
E-I-P-C F-I-A-L.

/Buck Farack/Rubio 2016/

Nutstuyu on November 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM

ConDem on November 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

We never did get our official yard sign or bumper stickers. Finally went on another political site to get a yard sign.

Nutstuyu on November 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I will miss it but it was becoming a difficult feature simply because Obama almost never does press availability of any real kind.

Besides Valery Jarrett the Iranian Muslim Brotherhood Chicago Daly Machine woman who got Michelle and Barack their jobs in Chicago is the real President anyway. She even has her own secret service detail.

Obama is really just an actor and spokesman for Valery.

Steveangell on November 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

— Dinesh D’Souza (@DineshDSouza) November 8, 2012

LegendHasIt has been saying this since 2008 but hardly anyone listened.

Schadenfreude on November 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Largest layoff of the day?

Schadenfreude on November 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

[...] if Barack Obama won re-election, the point would be moot.

I see. Then why not just shut the site down?

ElectricPhase on November 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Ed, now you should start up the Obamination Of The Day.

itsnotaboutme on November 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Ed: I agree… time to move on… how can Obama top the last 4 years?

Khun Joe on November 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

These OOTDs always cheered me up. We don’t really have anything to be happy about these days. My family lost everything with this election. No jobs, very little money, and a disabled child who now might not be getting the health care she needs in the future.

sherrimae on November 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

RIP OOTD

Ed, thank you for bringing us the OOTD/W/Y these last few years. I will miss them along with the insightful/comedic comments from the good folks here at HA.

May God Bless this great country, it’s still our country and beautiful as ever, we need only to correct her course back onto the right path.

OldWeaselKeeper on November 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Waiting for the next Hot Gas open registration. My new user name will be “OHNO!MOBO”

Here’s to our hopefully falling off the fiscal cliff to get our 5 year Depression going asap. The Gods of the Copybook Headings are about to have their revenge.

NOMOBO on November 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hey Allah,
Just rename it to BOTD.

When the smoke clears from the Benghazi debacle and we find the Good Ambassador was there trying to get weapons back from the wrong folks that got them from a gun-running project to Syria, we may be looking at President Biden.

The good news? At least Joe knows how to get things done in Washington……..

Tenwheeler on November 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM

ooks like Ed has bought into Obama. It is pretty striking how much this elections seems to not have affected the HA staff much. We got all whipped up for nothing, apparently.

antisense on November 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I have that feeling, too. And Ace at AOSHQ has gone all thankful for small things and self-improvement last time I looked.

Everybody’s just curling up?

Alana on November 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Maybe knitting classes or getting-in-touch-with-your-feelings discussions.

Limerick on November 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Isn’t it time for conservatives & GOP to stop calling Obama an amateur & a bungler? He is highly successful in accomplishing his goals Dinesh D’Souza

So was Al Capone

Winning against midgets, does not make you a giant.
Dems lose anytime they are up against real men and women with a spine and a plan.
runner on November 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Speaking of midgets, the Obama team took The Souza down quite a few notches with the well timed girl friend business, but The Souza handed them his own head on a platter. Does it take a lot of brains to realize if you promote an expose of a Presidential candidate in an election year that the opponent will work to find dirt about the author?
Sad, really
What we probably needed was GOP-isms of the day. That is the bunch who need to be exposed

entagor on November 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I do resent the inclusion of the D Souza quote

This is like announcing that because Hitler now rules Germany, we have to admit he is a capable man and quit mocking him

Hitler also used race politics, economic jealousy, and expedience over rule of law to gain and consolidate his power

In other words, Hitler channeled the most base human instincts, in about a similar percentage of his population, to perpetrate evil in the name of good

It aint over for me

entagor on November 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I’m conflicted. On the one hand, I was sure that Obama was an affirmative action amateur too dumb to have a thought w/o a teleprompter, who golfs all day and has no interest in governing. But, on the other hand, he is an evil Marxist genius who has effectively led his side to winning all their goals. That’s not amateurish at all. Might have to think about this one for a bit.

sauldalinsky on November 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM

OOTD/OOTW was actually a great way for me to learn of some of the disastrous things Obama has been doing — and some of the just plain goofy things too — that I was missing out on otherwise.

I hate to see it go.

Oh well.

HotAir.com — Guaranteed Soft & SquishyOr Your Money Back

FlatFoot on November 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Now is the time to double down.
That is what the Dems did to Bush and it worked.
Do you think the Dems would let up? NO.
They make a joke out of any elected Rep.
Then that joke becomes the meme.

We haven’t learned anything.

tonotisto on November 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM

That’s too bad – the OOTD is the first thing I read every morning – even if I don’t have time to get read anything else for the day.

Maybe you could at least keep the weekly link – it really is helpful as a reference when having an argument with lefties who want to continue blathering about Bush being a buffoon?

If we ask nicely and whine a bit?

2nd Ammendment Mother on November 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

tonotisto does have a point – the relentless attacks on Bush during his administration were key to allowing Obama to get so much mileage from his “Blame Bush” meme’ for such a ridiculously long time.

2nd Ammendment Mother on November 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM

The management just doesn’t want to lose their jobs when “Attack Watch” gets actual enforcement powers.

LegendHasIt on November 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Dinesh D’Souza @DineshDSouza

8 Nov 12
The election would be a pretty good argument for that.

Um, no. Obama has not accomplished anything. He was present as the Democrats in congress pushed through their agenda — he really wasn’t involved. Same with his election — he failed that miserably, but his team broke the system and pulled him through by herding non-voters to the polls.
He remains as incompetent as ever.

Count to 10 on November 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

OOTD was one of the few consolations of BHO winning. Please don’t stop it!

city girl on November 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Fine. As long as you learn your lesson and bring it back after he manages to get a third term.

fitzfong on November 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

OOTD was one of the few consolations of BHO winning. Please don’t stop it!

city girl on November 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I think I actually posted something like this prior to the election as well, as in if Obama wins at least we’ll have OOTD. I would love to see it continue.

talkingpoints on November 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Another step in the denigration of Hot Air to Hot Gas. First Green Room, now this.

Quartermaster on November 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM