Quotes of the day

posted at 11:07 pm on November 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

[T]he “Romney would have lost anyway” argument neglects the fact that his dismal performance among Hispanics made the race unwinnable. Even if we accept Krikorian’s view that the Hispanic vote only mattered in Florida and Nevada, when you add those states to the already solid blue states, it means spotting Democrats 236 electoral votes. All Obama or any Democratic candidate would need to get over the top at that point would be to win Michigan and Pennsylvania — two states that have gone Democratic every year since 1988. Failing that, Democrats would have multiple other combinations to get over 270. In contrast, a Republican who lost those states could still lose the election even if he or she won all of the reliably red states in addition to North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, New Hampshire, Colorado, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Again, this analysis is conservative. In 2004, Bush carried New Mexico with 44 percent of the Hispanic vote, but this year the state wasn’t even in play. Also, Hispanics made up 14 percent of the electorate in Colorado, providing Obama with his margin of victory there. Add Colorado to the Democratic fold, and the electoral math becomes even more daunting for Republicans.

***

Senate Democrats are planning to quickly revisit immigration reform after President Barack Obama’s inauguration, according to several Democratic sources.

What type of legislation they will end up pushing has yet to be discussed in detail. But the party feels emboldened by Tuesday’s election results, in which Republicans suffered a blistering defeat among Latinos. And there is a sense that the political landscape couldn’t be more ripe for a legislative topic that’s proved dicey in the past…

“I think [Republicans] are going to want to do it now,” Schumer said. “[It] is at the top of the list because the nation demands it and needs it. And, again, I think in the exit polls, two-thirds of Americans basically agreed with the concept of real immigration reform.”

He’s right: Americans in general, even Republicans, support immigration reform more than the congressional GOP would suggest. Sixty-five percent of voters support giving undocumented immigrants working in the U.S. a path to legal status, including 37 percent of Republicans, according to exit polls.

***

Via Pew.

***

Asked whether he will make another attempt to fully repeal the Affordable Care Act, Boehner said “the election changes that” and “Obamacare is the law of the land.”…

The speaker also revealed that comprehensive, bipartisan immigration overhaul would be a top priority of his agenda during the 113th Congress.

“This issue has been around far too long,” he said. “A comprehensive approach is long overdue, and I’m confident that the president, myself, others can find the common ground to take care of this issue once and for all.”

***

Immigrants should be a natural GOP constituency. Newcomers to the U.S.—legal or illegal—tend to be aspiring people who believe in the dignity of work and self-sufficiency, and they are cultural conservatives. They are not the 47%. Republicans are also supposed to be the folks who have figured out the law of unintended consequences, such as that imposing ever-tighter border controls discourages the millions of illegal immigrants living in this country from returning home…

We understand the law-and-order issues at stake, particularly along the border, as well as questions of fairness in allowing illegals to jump the immigration queue. But the right response isn’t mass deportation—as politically infeasible as it is morally repulsive. It’s a rational, humane, bipartisan reform that broadens the avenues to legal immigration, both for those abroad and those already here…

No doubt this editorial will provoke letters denouncing us for being soft on the issue. Now is an opportune time to ask those disapproving readers how many more Tuesdays like this one they’d care to repeat?

***

The principal reason they go Democratic is the issue of illegal immigrants. In securing the Republican nomination, Mitt Romney made the strategic error of (unnecessarily) going to the right of Rick Perry. Romney could never successfully tack back.

For the party in general, however, the problem is hardly structural. It requires but a single policy change: Border fence plus amnesty. Yes, amnesty. Use the word. Shock and awe — full legal normalization (just short of citizenship) in return for full border enforcement.

I’ve always been of the “enforcement first” school, with the subsequent promise of legalization. I still think it’s the better policy. But many Hispanics fear that there will be nothing beyond enforcement. So, promise amnesty right up front. Secure the border with guaranteed legalization to follow on the day the four border-state governors affirm that illegal immigration has slowed to a trickle.

***

If Republicans want to change their stance on immigration, they should do so on the merits, not out of a belief that only immigration policy stands between them and a Republican Hispanic majority. It is not immigration policy that creates the strong bond between Hispanics and the Democratic party, but the core Democratic principles of a more generous safety net, strong government intervention in the economy, and progressive taxation. Hispanics will prove to be even more decisive in the victory of Governor Jerry Brown’s Proposition 30, which raised upper-income taxes and the sales tax, than in the Obama election…

The idea of the “social issues” Hispanic voter is also a mirage. A majority of Hispanics now support gay marriage, a Pew Research Center poll from last month found. The Hispanic out-of-wedlock birth rate is 53 percent, about twice that of whites.

The demographic changes set into motion by official and de facto immigration policy favoring low-skilled over high-skilled immigrants mean that a Republican party that purports to stand for small government and free markets faces an uncertain future.

***

***

***

Fox News’ Sean Hannity told his radio listeners Thursday that he’s “evolved” on immigration and thinks undocumented immigrants without criminal records should have a “pathway to citizenship.”…

“We;ve got to get rid of the immigration issue altogether,” he said. “It’s simple to me to fix it. I think you control the border first. You create a pathway for those people that are here. You don’t say you’ve got to go home. And that is a position that I’ve evolved on. Because, you know what, it’s got to be resolved. The majority of people here, if some people have criminal records you can send them home, but if people are here, law-abiding, participating for years, their kids are born here, you know, it’s first secure the border, pathway to citizenship, done, whatever little penalties you want to put in there, if you want, and it’s done.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

Why have laws?

Cindy Munford on November 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I agree: why have laws?

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

hey homophobic sexist racist bible-thumper Republicans….

the country HATES you guys

and with good reason!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

So why is everyone trying to get in ?

the_nile on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You did :)

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Flora, Sister update?

KCB on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

DO NOT ACCEPT AMNESTY. Latinos hate you right now and will only vote against you in higher numbers if you do it.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

uh, no, we hate racists. we don’t tolerate intolerance aka you guys aka the American Taliban

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

So why is everyone trying to get in ?

the_nile on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Everyone isn’t trying to get in.

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

half the country HATES you guys.

and with good reason.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Starve the looters/moochers.

Courtesy of RWM

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

The GOP will never get the Hispanic vote. Why? Because Hispanics are immigrating from countries that are by and large already socialized. They expect big government that hands out cookies. They are not natural republicans. They are semi-conservative democrats. Even when it comes to social issues, Hispanics vote for democrats. I saw a figure that 72% of Catholic Hispanics voted for Obama this election–even after the Catholic church became very vocal in this election that voting for Obama was against the tenents of the faith. So, the meme that Hispanics are socially conservative thus natural republicans doesn’t hold either.

At this point, the spineless GOP should just get it over with and commit hara-kiri on the amnesty issue so we can get on with starting a new party.

KickandSwimMom on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Funny how needing to pander to a particular group for votes can make one “evolve” on gay marriage.

Daisy HAL, sing it.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Wow. Your mother sang this same song after Romney loss too? What is with this song and conservatives?

HotAirLib on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

KCB on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Recovering well. Thank you.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

hey homophobic sexist racist bible-thumper Republicans….

the country HATES you guys

and with good reason!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

And we hate you..
And your elk.

For good reason..

Just out of curiosity..

Would you pay for my cancer treatments.

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Read it all and click through the stuff about Ohio, that’s where it really gets interesting.

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Good link, JP.
But, it just makes me angrier.

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM

arnold ziffel on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on November 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

JPeterman and RWM, what you get for coming to America, the legal way…living in Amerika.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You are wrong, I’m a social security loving sponge.

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I know many are shell shocked from losing, but the GOP is royally fluked if they accept any type of amnesty.

Its too late to hope that an amnesty will help the GOP soften its image. Arizona and Alabama mobilized Latinos against the GOP. Now would be the worst possible time for it.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM

THIS! We need to dig in with a strong stance on these things. This is a Republic, not a democracy where 51% of the people decide how the other 49% are going to live. States rights, individual rights, not bowing to group-think.

SailorMark on November 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

HotAirLib on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Daisy HAL, come on, sing it, you know you want to.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Good to hear!

KCB on November 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

we don’t tolerate intolerance
DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Wow, the stupidity and hypocrisy are mind numbing. Refusing to tolerate is INTOLERANCE for phucking IMBECILE.

SWalker on November 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Recovering well. Thank you.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

That is good news..:)

Dire Straits on November 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

And we hate you..
And your elk.

For good reason..

Just out of curiosity..

Would you pay for my cancer treatments.

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Why do you hate elk?

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

The most racist president in all of history.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

This makes so furious I WANT TO SMASH SOMETHING.

portlandon on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Obama did not win last Tuesday, America won. Hopefully Obama gets to appoint at least 3 liberal justices to the supreme court.

HotAirLib on November 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

The most racist president in all of history.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Would be this guy:

While I was at the hotel to-day, an elderly gentleman called upon me to know whether I was really in favor of producing a perfect equality between the negroes and white people. [Great Laughter.] While I had not proposed to myself on this occasion to say much on that subject, yet as the question was asked me I thought I would occupy perhaps five minutes in saying something in regard to it. I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Abraham Lincoln, 4th Lincoln-Douglas debate

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

The most racist president in all of history.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Would be this guy:

While I was at the hotel to-day, an elderly gentleman called upon me to know whether I was really in favor of producing a perfect equality between the n.egroes and white people. [Great Laughter.] While I had not proposed to myself on this occasion to say much on that subject, yet as the question was asked me I thought I would occupy perhaps five minutes in saying something in regard to it. I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of n.egroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Abraham Lincoln, 4th Lincoln-Douglas debate

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I WANT TO SMASH SOMETHING.

portlandon on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

please make it your head against a wall

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

MLK faught and died for nothing.

A racist oaf is president.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

That’s a shame. You might actually learn something if you did.

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Well, I guess I’ll have to settle for being blissfully ignorant in your estimation.

You know, you may want to get your head out of Ron Paul’s butt and then maybe you could also learn something.

By the way, isn’t Ron Paul for open borders? There’s a reason right there why I discount him.

KickandSwimMom on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

HotAirLib on November 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

This is the kind of lunatic garbage that North Korean propagandists put out…

What the hell is wrong with you people?

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

hey homophobic sexist racist bible-thumper Republicans….

the country HATES you guys

and with good reason!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Unfortunately for you, bigot, we’re not going to go quietly into the ovens wearing yellow crosses on our clothing. Not this time. Go sodomize yourself.

SailorMark on November 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

You did :)

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’m glad. I was pretty crushed, too.
(BTW, do not read any of JPeterman’s posts, tonight, you will not enjoy them. (No offense to you, JP.))

I’m not terribly religious, but I believe in God. I like to take solace in the idea that God will take vengeance on any and all who would attempt to destroy something (or someone) that’s given so much to so many.

I.e. Obama and his ‘bots are screwed!

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

please make it your head against a wall

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Be a good sodomite and kill yourself in shame

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

To expect this little of the first half black president is the ultimate form of racism.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

well, the world hasn’t ended yet even though marijuana is legal

that’s good

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

HotAirLib on November 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I feel so liberated and so proud of this country! moving forward and leaving the knuckle draggers in the dust!

gay marriage, secularization and marijuana legalization is the wave of the future!!!!!!!!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Why do you hate elk?

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

That’s twice, Electron. Turn off your spell checker. :)

Axe on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Why do you hate elk?

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Elk raised my bills by 2000 dollars per year..

I have a second job but I well have pass the Pain…

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM

he’ll always be my first half white president

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Romney is responsible for his campaign. He lost it.

portlandon on November 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Are we so sure he really lost? Take a look.

Fraud in PA: Obama Got Over 99% of Vote at Polls Where GOP Inspectors were Removed; Turnout Somehow “30%” Above Gov’t Numbers

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

THIS.

Funny how it takes the ones who know something about socialist countries to recognize that it isn’t who votes, it’s who counts the votes. The rest of the GOP are more than happy to jump on these MSM red herring stories about how we – the party with Gov. Susana Martines, Sen. Nikki Haley, Col. Allen West, Sen. Marco Rubio, SoS Condeleeza Rice & Mayor Mia Love — are a bunch of racist old white men, while the one with Joe Biden, David Axelrod, Harry Reid, Chuck Shumer, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Timothy Geithner & Gov. Cuomo is the “diverse” one (along with stories from anonymous GOP sources about finger pointing within the Romney campaign & its bundlers) to distract them from what we *all* saw with our own eyes.

Anyone who watched Obama’s behavior & pitiful crowds (4000 on his own; barely 10,000 with Katy Perry & Jay-Z) compared to the 10,000+ crowds (with 1000s more turned away due to being over capacity) who stood in the rain & cold for Romney knows the polls & all the talk after the debates that there was no “Romney surge” and after Sandy how that Romney surge they just denied even existed was “frozen” were nothing more than creating a “narrative” to cover the eventual fraud.

I saw Obama’s speech in Iowa on Monday Nov. 5 with him rambling that this was his “last election — it’s up to you!” while crying & Romney’s that same night in NH with 12,000+ cheering so loudly that Romney couldn’t start his speech for 10 minutes. Obama knew he was losing; Romney knew he was winning. Heck, Obama’s own campaign had set up narratives in the Washington Post to throw both Bill Clinton & Plouffe under the bus for the loss. But something happened between that night & the next morning.

And what do you know — Howard Dean was on Morning Joe first thing on the 6th saying that the only way Romney could win OH is if he “cheated” — I suspected typical Obot projection, but that night when the entire MSM held off calling FL, NC & VA while *immediately* calling PA when the polls closed, I knew the fix was in. However many votes Romney got in those states (as well as NH & CO) Obama was going to end up with about 40,000 more.

The fix started all the way back in October when the Obots started talking about Romney winning the popular vote but losing the EC, the DailyKos poll PPP started coming out with those swing state polls & Obama flack Nate Silver began writing that there was *no* Romney momentum, that Romney was just trying to “create” one by acting like he was ahead. Elaborate & devious & they’ll get away with it because the GOP is always more than happy to point fingers at each other and argue who is “tru-conier” than thou.

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

You’ll die hungry, in the dark/cold, of AIDS, godless and stones. I have no problem helping you with the frist 3, at all.

Starve the looters/moochers.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

That’s twice, Electron. Turn off your spell checker. :)

Axe on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I concur..

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Go find a knife and slice your wrists, troll.

wargamer6 on November 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

We don’t want that. We want them to be here to explain to us how it’s a good thing when gas hits $8/gallon, unemployment is 12%, 40 million Americans are on Food Stamps, and the national debt is $24 Trillion.

It’s what they voted for after all.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

stones=stoned

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Yup, “values” won this election. Ha ha, I will never forget that headline earlier. Classic.

SailorMark on November 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

KickandSwimMom on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Only open in the sense of allowing free market exchange of goods and labor, not open for non-citizens to come and be granted entitlements or benefits that citizens have. The free market is a wonderful thing. Conservatives supposedly love it – but only in words.

You’d have to actually turn off Levin to learn something. But hey, he served in an adminstration that granted amnesty.

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

half the country HATES you guys.

and with good reason.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Lol. You are hurting aren’t you? You really really really thought Romney was going to win right? Lolololol.

HotAirLib on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I’m glad. I was pretty crushed, too.

I.e. Obama and his ‘bots are screwed!

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

My faith is the only thing getting me through right now. I know God did this for a reason and that reason will become clear to us when he wants it to.

I was so sure we had this though. So sure.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

hey how did sellouts Mia Love and Allen West do? or those creepy old white men who tried to tell women what rape really was? and what they can do with their own bodies?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Here’s what agreeing to amnesty or amnesty light will do (or not do) for Republican/Conservative candidacies going forward:

1. It will gain them very few votes for passing it (Most Hispanics, about 75%, vote D for ideological reasons, i.e., they like big government solutions and free stuff, too).

2. It will expand the D base, see above.

3. With all these new voters, it will kill any hopes for returning to Constitutional/Conservative principles, FOREVER, see above.

If four more years of Obama is a bad night without day, welcome pussy Republicans to Groundhog Day meets Freddy.

TXUS on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

So why is everyone trying to get in ?

the_nile on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Everyone isn’t trying to get in.

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

That’s right ‘nile, most are trying to get out.

You know … like East Germany during the “Berlin Wall days”.

Our southern border guards are having a hell of a time trying to keep Americans from fleeing to Mexico.

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

2. It will expand the D base, see above.

If four more years of Obama is a bad night without day, welcome p*ssy Republicans to Groundhog Day meets Freddy.

TXUS on November 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

The sure way to make you extinct. I love it.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

This is the kind of lunatic garbage that North Korean propagandists put out…

What the hell is wrong with you people?

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

They’re idiots , that’s why they reelect Hussein Chavez.

the_nile on November 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

please make it your head against a wall

DoucheBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I’d expect that from a 4th grader. And of course you.

Find a quiet spot, take out your picture of Obama, and pleasure yourself.

portlandon on November 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Oh HAL & DummyBear –enjoy it while it lasts, parasites – your host is dying.

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Geezus

do libs just get dumber and more shrill after they win?

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

In a couple of years that statement will probably come back to bite you… o_O

SWalker on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I’m personally resorting back to my pre-election TROLLCOTT.

Let HAL and the DumbassBear get off on verbally performing fellatio on their boy king – and each other.

A mouse with a scroll wheel is a terrible thing to waste.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

You know since Tuesday night the feeling I have the most of – sadness.

I’m just so sad.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

You’re not alone. I feel that so much is lost.

Illegal immigration? What about our sovereignty? We should decide who comes here, but sadly as we have seen our politicians and business leaders decide differently. I don’t know what we can do to be heard. It seems that in all cases whether it’s healthcare reform, immigration, foreign policy we are ignored.

No one is listening. And if they aren’t, what am I doing here?

Anyway, I’m trying to find a reason to be optimistic despite what I have seen transpire over the years. It’s going to take some time even if I can manage it.

Cody1991 on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

In what way are Mayor Love or Rep. West sell outs?

Cindy Munford on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

hey homophobic sexist racist bible-thumper Republicans….

the country HATES you guys

and with good reason!

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

“Projection” strikes again.

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Since I am self employed and have a full time job….

The hit on me…

I will bear it…

You..

Toast….

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

what ever happened to TROLLCOTT

it was so nice. these people are disgusting.

I think when you have Chuck Schumer and Hannity agreeing, we all need to calm down..step away from the ledge

r keller on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I concur..

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Or slow down. :) Heh. You might be like Dire. Some of you guys seem to be lightning-typing with at least three hands and popping “Send” with impunity. I don’t know how that’s possible — I try not to ask too many questions or take anything for granted.

PS: Gopher girl? Not actually a gopher.

Axe on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

OT, but one of the most underreported stories from Tuesday has got to be that Pete Stark Raving Mad is finally out of Congress! He’s been defeated by another Democrat, but if that’s what it takes to see his a$s leave, then I’m still ecstatic!

carcinoGeneticist on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I’m personally resorting back to my pre-election TROLLCOTT.

A mouse with a scroll wheel is a terrible thing to waste.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

They are even more annoying after the election.

TROLLCOTT is the only way to go.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I don’t think West has lost yet

recount due to “irregularities” believe it or not

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hi B9.

KCB on November 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

But that’s the thing…all it is for them is about winning. Doing the actual work and taking the actual responsibility afterwards? Not so much.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

don’t think West has lost yet

recount due to “irregularities” believe it or not

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I just posted this update above.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

You are wrong, I’m a social security loving sponge.

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

pffft.

Plantation owner davidk is a puke a human being. In fact, seems to be a good description of most Americans at this time.

astonerii on November 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

davidk on November 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

In a couple of years that statement will probably come back to bite you… o_O

SWalker on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I don’t have any doubt some will want to flee in a couple years, but not to Mexico.

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I was so sure we had this though. So sure.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Trust me..A lot of folks were with you..:)

Dire Straits on November 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Whew. That’s great news. We need him to vote to raise the debt ceiling again and to keep telling citizens who criticize their government to shut up.

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I don’t think West has lost yet

recount due to “irregularities” believe it or not

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

That’s right. And a couple of hours ago West was leading by a few hundred votes.

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

He is a mensch/man. You are not allowed to even spit on his shoes.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Hey Dante — remove the plank from your own eye:

I think one man is just as good as another so long as he’s not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a n**ger from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America.”

-Harry Truman (1911) in a letter to his future wife Bess

“Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

– Former Klansman and US Senator Robert Byrd (until his death in 2008), a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the “conscience of the Senate”, in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

I’ll have those n**gers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

– Lyndon B. Johnson

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Oh now that would make me feel better.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Do you think they’ll cross the southern border into Brazil? How could one cross the southern border without entering Mexico? You missed his point completely.

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

“printing errors” is Kenyan for Dem Election Fraud

Slade73 on November 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Something I actually laughed at the day after the election was the rejoicing going on amongst all the little stoner libs that they had finally done it!

“We passed legalized marijuana!”

I can’t wait for the Feds to get in on this. Not big on popcorn–but I’ll make some for that! The bewildered looks in the liberals eyes afterward will be special.

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Cindy Munford on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Dbear thinks that if you’re black and you’re not a Dem, you’re a sellout. He’s a racist.

wargamer6 on November 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Something just registered with me all of a sudden. Years ago people in Israel probably thought “Aren’t we fortunate that millions of Jews are living and voting in America as that helps with gaining more support for our survival”. And that was true some years ago, but now it’s the opposite. If the Jews living in America had all moved someplace else, Obama might well have just lost the election as probably about 70% of American Jews voted for him and influenced others to do the same. What an irony.

How any Jew could even consider voting for Obama is astounding. On top of all the clearly anti-Semitic and anti-Israel things he has done, like being a member of an anti-Semites “church’ for 20 years, he just said a few weeks ago that all those who insult the prophet of Islam don’t have a future. Well guess what, one of the biggest “insults to the prophet” is the existence of Israel, and for that matter the existence of any Jew at all.

VorDaj on November 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I hope West makes it. Wasn’t he redistricted by the GOP as a way of getting him out of office since he was a pesky tea party guy?

KickandSwimMom on November 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Why is this QOTD moving so slow?

Where is Bishop?
Where is Canopfr?
Where is Kingjester?
Where is annoyinglittle?
Where are the regular night people?

portlandon on November 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dante on November 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

You’re right! We need a crappy little congressman who writes racist newsletters, yet won’t have the balls to own his words.

wargamer6 on November 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Flora Duh on November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

TROLLCOTT is the only way to go.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

That’s my default mode.

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

PS: Gopher girl? Not actually a gopher.

Axe on November 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

She’s a Gopher

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

SailorMark on November 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

lol. Your party has already gone quietly. Your party is now irrelevant and you know it. The unemployment rate is going to fall below 5% by 2016 and Hillary will be a shoe in come 2016. This is why you guys are really hurting. You knew the economy was going to turn around regardless and you all are really mad the credit will be given to the liberals.

Wrong time to lose an election GOP.

HotAirLib on November 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

DBear on November 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Hey ‘Bear, how about you go to some high hill-top, somewhere that you can shake your raised fist towards the sky in defiance, and yell that statement as LOUD as you can.

listens2glenn on November 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

speaking as the grand-daughter of a LEGAL immigrant I say HELL NO to amnesty. The rules that were good enough for my great-grandparents(my grandfather was 3 when he got here) are good enough for ALL!

annoyinglittletwerp on November 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

arnold ziffel on November 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM

hey arnold! you didn’t come to my party the other day. i’m a bit offended, tbh.

that’s fine, just be here at 2200 hrs EDT Nov. 6 for your victory party—pinata boy.

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM

you bet.

sesquipedalian on October 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM

or maybe we just missed each other.

sesquipedalian on November 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

HotAirLib on November 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Didn’t you guys claim the unemployment rate would already be at 5%? Yeah..look what happened.

wargamer6 on November 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I know that you worked hard on GOTV effort as did I. The enthusiasm that I encountered was huge. I waited in line for an hour to vote and talked to some people who had not voted in 20 years, but came out because of the importance of this election.

We all saw the massive lines in every state that had early voting and the big crowds at Mitt’s rally’s.

Something just doesn’t add up, and while we watched the numbers come in, all I could think is how could this be.

JPeterman on November 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM