Onward, ObamaCare

posted at 2:21 pm on November 8, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

ObamaCare is no longer merely looming — it’s happening, and with the certainty that the health care law is here to stay, the federal bureaucracy is readying to unleash the floodgates of regulation-writing and logistical planning and make it rain on the health-care industry, the states, and the economy at large. Let the good times roll, via the WSJ:

When the law was passed in March 2010, legislators envisaged it extending coverage to 30 million Americans through a combination of state-run insurance exchanges where consumers could apply for federal tax credits toward the cost of premiums, and an expansion of the federal-state Medicaid program for low-income Americans.

Before that can happen, though, significant regulations must start flooding from Washington, including rules for how states and the federal government will operate new health-insurance exchanges where consumers can shop for policies.

Also expected are rules spelling out the terms on which insurers must accept all customers regardless of their medical history, rules governing how insurers can vary premiums based on age and more information about new requirements on employers and individuals to buy insurance.

While certain states have already made decisions about whether they will be setting up their own state insurance exchanges or allowing the federal government to run things on their behalf, others were waiting out the election, and now it’s crunch time to get things set up before the October 1st, 2013 date by which people should be able to start signing up for their new insurance options. With Republican governors running the majority of the states, the question is, refuse to participate in Obama’s scheme and let the feds run everything, or take on the task of creating your own exchange and mitigate the costs as much as possible? Via the Associated Press:

Some, like Rick Perry of Texas and Rick Scott of Florida, have drawn a line against helping carry out Obama’s law. … Missouri voters passed a ballot measure Tuesday that would prohibit establishment of a health insurance exchange unless the Legislature approves. …

… All eyes will be on pragmatists like Chris Christie of New Jersey and Bob McDonnell of Virginia, whose states have done considerable planning of their own to set up exchanges. …

On health insurance exchanges, some governors whose states aren’t likely to be completely ready are considering the administration’s offer of running the new markets through a partnership. …

A recent check by The Associated Press found 17 states and the District of Columbia on track to setting up their own exchanges, while nine have decided not to do so. The federal government could end up running the new markets in half or more of the states.

There is much administrative planning and social engineering still to figure out, but we can with certainty look forward to a lot more of this, again from the WSJ piece:

Jim Amos, CEO of frozen dessert franchiser Tasti D-Lite LLC, said employers who had been holding back on deciding how to respond to new requirements to provide insurance to full-time workers would now move ahead. “If you’re in a position where you want to move people from full-time to part-time jobs, you’re going to begin to do that,” he said, referring to a tactic some employers have tested to avoid the coming insurance requirements.

It’s already begun, via CBS:

A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.” …

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Can we give John Roberts a chance to change his mind?

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I am so glad I do not have children. Millions will suffer under this, by design.

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

“Pragmatists” … LOL.

Is that what they call Republicans now who wh0re themselves to the Dims and their policies?

HondaV65 on November 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Wait until the DoL lays down the law that an employer with x# of employees can’t lay off or fire more than 1 employee per quarter so as not to be denying the employee their “right” to healthcare (insurance, actually, but why quibble?).

It’s coming. These guys announcing the layoffs and reductions in full time work force are going to face Fedzilla’s backlash, legalities be damned.

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Bring it on! People need to know what they voted for; the sooner, the better!

SailorMark on November 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

amerika the bootyfull

renalin on November 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Can’t say you weren’t warned, America…

changer1701 on November 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM

4 more years of high unemployment, economic stagnation, racial division, crushing regulations, reduced income etc, etc.

Thanks for ruining the greatest country in the world you ungrateful moochers.

jawkneemusic on November 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Since I do much of my business in cash, I plan on reporting a low enough income to milk this heath care sucker for all its worth. Should save me plenty from what im spending now on insurance.

rickyricardo on November 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

This is one reason I’m happy to be in Missouri right now.

MobileVideoEngineer on November 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Come on, you fat snake, give me a chance to campaign for Cory Booker.

Archivarix on November 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

First thing I told my office staff Wed is within 24 months this office’s employees will be on Medicaid. BCBS will triple their current premium by then.

Marcus on November 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

America You reap what you sow

Republicans that did not vote – enjoy OBAMACARE

Natebo on November 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Yee ahhhhh…….we are all going to ObamaCare hell…..
When will the American doctors go buy another country so we have a backup…..

redguy on November 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Unemployment will be 10% by January. Of course by then the regime will have stopped reporting the numbers.

txhsmom on November 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Those employers will find an easy way around a policy like that. Simply close up shop or move their business out of the country if that’s a viable alternative.

Not that I’m rooting for it, but I can’t say I’d shed many tears if the next few jobs reports were horrendous as a result of employers now knowing what they’re in store for in the next 4 years and planning accordingly. I’m gonna be saying “see I told you so” to so many folks between now and 2016, I’m gonna start sounding like Rush.

Doughboy on November 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Can we give John Roberts a chance to change his mind?

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Roberts Failed…He chose preservation of his precious court over principle and country.

Roberts is a cowardly miopic A-Hole

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Start leaning on your Republican congressman (if you have one) to introduce a bill removing Congress’ exemption from this thing. If it’s good enough for their employers, it’s good enough for them.

CurtZHP on November 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hope that guy in Vegas has his paperwrk all in order.
I imagine the EEOC is making their way to his shop as I type.

Jabberwock on November 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Yep, and wait until the Labor Dept. changes the definition of full-time employee, so employers can’t switch to using part time help.

Ward Cleaver on November 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

My mantra has become, “The first liberal who whines when unemployment is 10% and gas is $6/gallon gets punched in the throat.” If it doesn’t happen, I’ll be happy to say I was wrong, but I don’t think I am.

College Prof on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

gonna be quite a spectacle watching all aspects of the enforcement of Obamacare outstrip that of protecting the Texas border down here…this won’t go well

DanMan on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

The states on track include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia.

The nine definitely not setting up exchanges are Alaska, Florida, Louisiana, Maine, New Hampshire, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin. Missouri and others are likely to join the list.

civil war?

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

+1 natebo

cmsinaz on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Sounds like many people will have to work two part time jobs…..

Now here is an idea…..

A pool of companies that share info on workers…..

For example – two different companies that do similar things could share workers.

One guy could work Monday, Tuesday, Wed for one company and Thursday, Friday for the other.
Then another worker could swap positions and they just rotate every two weeks…..

Each worker keeps hours down to 20-22 hours…..

Eventually you will see companies split up and the same worker will get two different
paychecks…….

I have several corporations and pay the same people from the different companies – depending on
what they are doing….

Use creative means to get around this…..

redguy on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

College Prof on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Unemployment is likely around 20%

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Hope that guy in Vegas has his paperwrk all in order.
I imagine the EEOC is making their way to his shop as I type.

Jabberwock on November 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

obama wants this guy to fire people or make them go part-time. the more uninsured the better.

renalin on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Ah yes, the sweet smell of socialized medicine . . . pack a lunch when you go to your doctor and make sure you don’t need a specialty appointment for at least 6 months from the prescribed date. But don’t worry, they’ll make you very comfortable on your death bed.

rplat on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

College Prof on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

cockpunch him Prof, get with it

DanMan on November 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Gov. Brownback returned the $31 million the feds gave Kansas to help with setting up an exchange. He was so convinced it was unconstitutional he wasn’t going to spend one second of time or energy to prepare for Obamacare. Now it is here to stay and as much as I hate it, I would prefer the exchange be run by Kansas. Thanks alot Brownback.

bopbottle on November 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I just pray to goodness that Perry and other governors will see to it the states do their 10th? Our AG Abbott has been great also defending our state. People HAVE no idea how bhocare will be in every aspect of our lives, not just healthcare? Now that we didn’t get the senate and dingy ding dong harry will try to see to the R’s can’t do squat to stop this with holding funds for this?
L

letget on November 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Doughboy on November 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

That’s just what the small business owners I know will do. They see “card check” coming to keep them from being able to hire and fire as needed, not to mention DoL crackdowns in the interim, and are talking about cashing out and retiring. No more worrying about their employees, their business, their inventory, the market. Blissful, family-oriented early retirement is the plan.

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I will not comply.

Period.The.End.

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Unemployment is likely around 20%

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Imagine now the incentive for black market activities…..

Barter – off the books – etc…..

The government failed during prohibition – they have failed in the drug war.

Now they are driving honest people to cheat.

redguy on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

But don’t worry, they’ll make you very comfortable on your death bed.

rplat on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Don’t count on it. Go read British papers, they are full of stories about people STARVED and DEHYDRATED to death in hospital.

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

civil war?

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

we’ll swap Mississippi for New Hampshire and Maine. Let the shootin’ begin!

DanMan on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Bring it on! People need to know what they voted for; the sooner, the better!

But did they really know?

IMHO Romney failed to properly explain the evils of Obamacare to the masses. But I really don’t blame him, since Obamacare is too massive and complicated to either criticize or compliment without knowing all the details. In fact, maybe that’s exactly why the Dems designed it that way!

tkyang99 on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

It doesn’t extend coverage – it controls the coverage of those who already have healthcare, raises their premiums, and raises their co-payments, while limiting access. Thanks, Obama!

Blake on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Message to self:

Carry cash to the doctors office. ;)
$

MichaelGabriel on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Has anyone ever mentioned people exploiting the “religious exemption” loophole? Couldn’t people just avoid purchasing insurance and paying the tax just by “claiming” religious exemption on their tax return? I’ve never received a straight answer on that. I wonder how that will work.

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Oh, and it raises our taxes to pay for it, too.

Blake on November 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I would prefer the exchange be run by Kansas. Thanks alot Brownback.

bopbottle on November 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Under the law, I don’t think the Feds can start exchanges… or some problem having to do with funding.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Gee, I guess this is OT, but maybe not… it is another consequence of voting for Obuggerme.

M240H on November 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

It probably only applies to Muslims and Quakers.

darwin on November 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

L
letget on November 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

You know all those House Bills the R’s passed the last 2 years? Harry is going to use reconciliation to do everything.

txhsmom on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

civil war?

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

we’ll swap Mississippi for New Hampshire and Maine. Let the shootin’ begin!

DanMan on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Federalism? Our country is too divided to force everyone to live one way. States and people should have freedom from the federal government.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I think I’m going to be sick…

Seven Percent Solution on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Use creative means to get around this…..

redguy on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

It will be interesting to see how ObamaCare pans out. The legislation is an unmitigated disaster, for sure. But there will be a lot of people doing a lot of creative things to avoid getting insurance or paying the tax.

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

There are so many gifts in OCare.

Doctors and hospitals will have their fees slashed by federal mandate. This will persuade a lot of doctors to either retire or leave the country.

Death Panels AND waiting lists here we come. Exhibit A: The UK.

CorporatePiggy on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

What just gets my jaw in a lock, the illegal aliens and the poor gets their waiver from bhocare! AND we pay for just another in a long long list of ‘free stuff’ for them!
L

letget on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

The purpose of HHS is to kill two birds with one stone and the resulting expansion centralized power by undermining the constitution.

1. Break the economic strength of productive republican regions.

2. Collapse unity of church(s) opposition.

Classic statist tactic.

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

L

letget on November 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Being force fed by the government and having no recourse is called oppression and that’s what we have . . . an oppressive health care system. The enlightened voters in this country must like it because they just reelected it’s architect and sponsor.

rplat on November 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

M240H on November 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Treaties require Senate approval by 2/3 vote.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I think I’m going to be sick…

Seven Percent Solution on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

That is the last thing you want to do.

/sad sarc :(

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Now they are driving honest people to cheat.

redguy on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

my hunch is our anarchy will be much more creative than theirs, they don’t even know what the concept of a concierge medical clinic is yet

DanMan on November 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

To the people who kept defending Obamacare to me by saying “Well, everybody needs healthcare”, I say this: Obamacare solved nothing. Insurance companies will still be in charge, and they will still decide what to pay for and what not to pay for, and if your medical needs are deemed too expensive, they will not be paid for. It’s just that, now, the insurance companies have the full support of government to jack up your premiums and deny you coverage.

RebeccaH on November 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

There are so many gifts in OCare.

Death Panels AND waiting lists here we come. Exhibit A: The UK.

CorporatePiggy on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

And just like the UK we will have to import doctors, usually from countries with less educational standards than our med schools. They will have to come from somewhere…

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

ObamaCare will work just as well as Obama caring for our guys in Benghazi..

Count it.

Electrongod on November 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Treaties require Senate approval by 2/3 vote.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

2/3 may sound like a big impediment, but I don’t trust the Republicans. I think Harry will get the votes. I hope I’m proved wrong.

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Religious Exemption has been re-defined by the statists.

Religion only occurs within the 4 walls of a church and as such that is protected not religious affiliations.

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Treaties require Senate approval by 2/3 vote.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Ah, I see. You’ve got Hope.

M240H on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

It’s already begun, via CBS:

This will repeat itself thousands of times.

Starnesviles all over and Who is John Galt?

And, lots of Schadenfreude. Suffer, fools, suffer. Starve and freeze in the dark. You deserve no less, you rats. You know who you are too. Your looters live like Michelle Obama.

Schadenfreude on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

It probably only applies to Muslims and Quakers.

darwin on November 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

OK…couldn’t someone just say they’re a Muslim on their tax return? The federal government (or IRS) can’t prove someone is not a Muslim.

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Oh, Obamacare is doomed, but so is medicare, social security, and pretty much every little entitlement the government has churned out in the past hundred years.

The money has ran out, and we NEEDED to start making serious reforms to even have a chance of saving any of these programs, and the first step would have been to repeal Obamacare. Now, we’re stuck with the one President who is utterly incapable of making even patchwork fixes to these programs, incapable of cutting any spending, and incapable of working with a political party that represents nearly half of the American people.

Like I said, Obamacare is doomed, and always has been. The only difference is now its going to take all of us with it.

WolvenOne on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

rplat on November 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Here in Canada, I often find myself in the ER waiting room with my dad because of a recurring problem due to his liver condition. And I look around me and I see a waiting room full of bumps, bruises, cuts, sniffles and assorted boo-boos.

When health care becomes “free”, people stop treating it like a thing of value. They just use it for whatever.

And we are drowning up here. A paramedic told me the 55+ population in Edmonton has tripled in the past ten years but not a single square inch of new ER space in the city has been constructed. No one is creating new supply in response to demand because we aren’t a market based system.

Alberta_Patriot on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

How many waivers thus far 2000+?

cmsinaz on November 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Coming soon: the Bob Barker Daily Contract!

Since you are only hired for one day, you get no health insurance coverage… or any other coverage.

If you complain your contract doesn’t get renewed the next day.

Isn’t this brand, new world of employment going to be fun?

You can’t show discrimination or any other thing if you are only hired for one day…

ajacksonian on November 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Here’s what I find ironic, we just had an election about this and we still don’t know what’s in it! It sort of says it all about our bankrupt media.

bflat879 on November 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Actually the exemption seems pretty strict …

darwin on November 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

WolvenOne on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Don’t worry, when ObamaCare flounders the Democrats will pivot to the center and embrace free market reforms…you know, actual reform that decreases cost and increases choice. They won’t advocate for tighter government control. It’s not in their nature! /

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Here comes da pain!

Wigglesworth on November 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

It probably only applies to Muslims and Quakers.

darwin on November 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

HHS allows the IRS direct access to your bank info.

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

In my opinion, if they demanded proof they could be legally challenged on that point. No matter. Exempting one group over another based upon their religion is to treat similarly situated groups in a disparate manner. Up until now, that’s been known as discrimination and for the most part (with some exceptions depending upon the level of scrutiny the class distinctions are subject to) is a no-no when perpetuated by a governmental entity.

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

When do they start herding us off to the prison camps for not buying ObamaCare?

Axion on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Read an article on the Obama team’s sophisticated system to get friendly but very occasional voters out to the polls:

Ace has a nice summary of the key quotes.

Free stuff offered with bold-faced lies to the right targets worked.

The good thing is that entitlement societies are collapsing. If there was plenty of money, there would be no hope of stopping Obamacare. The incompetence of the WH will slow its implementation as well.

mwbri on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

My wife, who works in a large medical facility, just brought home her health insurance plan for 2013. My cost as her spouse goes from $240 per month to $560 per month and the deduction goes from $2500 to $5000. Oh, and because I’m retired military, I may not be eligible to continue on her plan (we’re trying to figure out the wording of the plan). Plus, it sounds like Tricare will be gutted by Obamacare.

I’d just like to thank all those folks who didn’t vote for Romney because they wanted to “teach the Republicans a lesson”.

Agent of the Cross on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Ah, I see. You’ve got Hope.

M240H on November 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I’ve got 10 kilos of the stuff. Its what keeps me so optimistic while everyone says that we’ll never touch the White House again.

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Barack Obama is an evil man. A ghoul.

Everyone who voted for him is, too.

When their dancing and snarking ends, and it will end, they’ll be left with the ruin they brought about and encouraged.

It’s evil.

Lourdes on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Yeah, baby! Do it!

The Rogue Tomato on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

In any event, I plan on getting me a ring like the President’s and daring the IRS to question my Muslim piety. Might have to convert, though. ;)

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Actually the exemption seems pretty strict …

darwin on November 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

OK, thanks. On a further note, the accounting industry is going to love ObamaCare. Did H&R Block endorse Obama?

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM

How many waivers thus far 2000+?

cmsinaz on November 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Election over, waivers bye bye

El_Terrible on November 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Death Panels AND waiting lists here we come. Exhibit A: The UK.

CorporatePiggy on November 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

First, the UK spends only half as much as the US on healthcare and the structure of the systems is entirely different; there’s really no comparison between the US and UK to anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of healthcare models. If you want to complain, start complaining how the US healthcare system will become comparable to France or Germany.

Let me help you get started:

And just like , this is terrible because

bayam on November 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Guess the 50 employee threshold will limit my Amish Baptism, Inc. business to one chapel per state. (Deciding which seven to exclude will require some study).

Barnestormer on November 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

bayam on November 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

So our population is 6x the size of theirs but theirs costs half?

LMFAO you are such an idiot.

tom daschle concerned on November 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

It will interesting to see how the Dems blame ObamaCare on Bush.

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Health sharing ministries are exempt — I’ve not joined myself, but am very curious.

BritCarGuy on November 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Yippee! Thanks Obama voters – you voted for national bankruptcy, continued economic decline, and the destruction of our health care system. Why? Because you thought there might be something FREE in there for you?

TarheelBen on November 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Actually the exemption seems pretty strict …

darwin on November 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Phooey. Can’t go with Plan A. Most of the Muslim immigrants I’ve met are on some sort of government assistance, whether it be granted an exemption from paying Federal taxes for a period of time or receiving Supplemental Security Income (social security for the “disabled” who have never contributed to the system and thus cannot obtain SSD benefits) benefits. Guess that leaves being Muslim out of the equation.

No way can I pass as a Quaker, either.

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM

muzzies and Quakers exempt?

“Hello, my name is Abdul Mordikiah Massajmarod”

DanMan on November 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Maybe…just maybe…the mindless masses who have voted twice now for a cult of personality and whose only information was gleaned from phoney attack ads will begin to pay more attention after the mass screwing called the ‘Affordable’ Health Care Act. Maybe. Of course maybe I am just a dreamer. It seems that half of this nation will fall for any excuse. Furthermore, what happens when half of the nation does not have to pay a dime for health care? What percentage of them will get sick or injured only to discover that Obamacare doesn’t cover jack squat? Will that be enough to turn things back, or will it be too late?

manyears on November 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

If I am him I will fire the democrats… They can have Obama giving them the handouts to survive…

mnjg on November 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

We noted that the dems had put all the bad stuff to not take effect until 2013 so it wouldn’t hurt reelection chances.

We were right.

PastorJon on November 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

It will interesting to see how the Dems blame ObamaCare on Bush.

visions on November 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Well, when it comes to health care, they like to blame the private health insurance industry. It’s going to be tough to do that in this case though, since Obamacare mandates and regulations pretty much turn the insurance companies into government-run utilities.

TarheelBen on November 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM

manyears on November 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

They’ll vote for anybody that promises to expand it.

PastorJon on November 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Just curious. Will obummercare come with a free phone?

manyears on November 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM

HHS allows the IRS direct access to your bank info.

workingclass artist on November 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Honey, they have that already. Now it’s just in writing for the public to see. The rest of the country will find about it maybe. I hope they are happy. . ..

totherightofthem on November 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I hope the 3M people who didn’t vote because it was a Mormon who wasn’t a real conservative end up sitting in their cold homes because they can’t afford skyrocketing electric bills, can’t drive their cars because Zero wouldn’t allow the building of the Keystone Pipeline, lost the rest of their savings when deflation and higher taxes hit, and have their guns controlled by the UN still have their chins held high with their smug self satisfaction. (sorry this was so long but these people just tick me off to no end.)

Kissmygrits on November 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Now they are driving honest people to cheat.

redguy on November 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Someone needs to write a book. “50 Easy Ways to Cheat ObamaCare”

JPeterman on November 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM