Video: Romney concession speech

posted at 1:40 am on November 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

We heard it as we were going off the air on the Hugh Hewitt Show marathon — a classy end to a disappointing evening.   Mitt Romney graciously conceded defeat to Barack Obama in the presidential election after nearly two years of campaigning, offering his prayers for Obama’s efforts and for America’s future:

“Paul [Ryan] and I have left everything on the field … we have given our all to this campaign,” he said, adding, “I so wish I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead this country in a different direction,” but that he would pray for the current president.

He also thanked his chosen running mate, saying, “Besides my wife Ann, Paul was the best choice I ever made.”

He went on to thank his family, especially his wife, Ann. “She would have been a wonderful first lady,” he told the crowd.

He cautioned against partisan politics in the days and months to come, saying the he would “pray that the president will be successful in guiding our nation.”

“We can’t risk partisan bickering … we citizens have to rise to the occasion.”

I’ll have more thoughts on this in the morning, but figured you’d want a chance to comment on the speech tonight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 12

My condolences, America.

Regards from Jerusalem.

Shy Guy on November 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM

We’re sorry, Israel.

Regards from those of us who care for you, in what was once America.

Gingotts on November 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM

hey who thought it was a good idea to nominate the guy who lost to McCain 4 years ago? oh and the father of Obamacare!!!!!????

DBear on November 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I think Romney ran a decent general election campaign, but he was unable to prosecute the case against Obamacare because of his record in Mass., and his “gently convince voters to break up with Obama” strategy fell flat on its face tonight, while Team Obama’s more traditional “personally destroy your opponent’s character” strategy was vindicated.

Lawdawg86 on November 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM

It’s hard to prosecute against Obamacare when it hasn’t been fully implemented. Believe me, the 2014 midterms will be very kind to the GOP once that piece of crap law has been in effect for nearly a year. Right now, the goodies are front-loaded and the taxes aren’t being levied yet which gave Obama a bunch of cheap talking points.

Romney ran a good campaign. He and Ryan tried to warn the American people we’re at a crossroads. But unfortunately it’s human nature to not deal with a problem until it confronts you head on. At the moment, while millions are unemployed or underemployed and wages are stagnant, artificially low interest rates and the safety net have enough folks convinced that things aren’t that bad, at least not enough to change Presidents.

I don’t anticipate 50.1+% of the electorate feeling the same way come 2016(or 2014 for that matter), but the question then will be is it too late to turn back the tide?

Doughboy on November 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Get back on your DNC plantation West…or Lilly-white HotAirLib is going to track you down!

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM

You do know your side lost right? Please let us keep it civil. I can go there with you if you want. Idiot.

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Unbelievable!

racquetballer on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

and Allen west down for the count! GREATEST NIGHT EVER!!!!

DBear on November 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Likely is for your pathetic life.

WisCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Axe on November 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

But… but… he was the Electable one…

joe_doufu on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Mitt Romney had to beat Obama, the teat suckers AND the media. The fact that it was this close is amazing. He ran a dignified campaign and while he wasn’t my choice at all, I thank him for that and for trying.

kim roy on November 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM

You think the media was any less in the tank for Carter/Mondale? What is worse is that back then there were little to no sources of alternative information like the Internet now.

This whining about media as if it is some new phenomena shows a true lack of political experience. If anything Mitt had it easier in that area than any previous GOP flunky.

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Regards from Jerusalem.

Shy Guy on November 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Thank you. And sorry — truly, we tried.

Axe on November 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I’d say Jindal for 2016, but I don’t see what will be the point by then.

Gingotts on November 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM

DBear on November 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Not many here, actually.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I was quite verklempt earlier…

I took in a deep breath, and exhaled and breathed in deep again…

We may be down but WE are not out…

WE still have much to do…

WE can reaffirm our priorities and get back in gear and just keep on keeping on folks…

It is not the end of the world not just yet, whilst I live and breathe, and I have the wherewithall to continue, I will do what I can, for the good of the Country.

WE have a valuable lesson to learn from this night… but always remember we are:

America the Great

America the Beautiful

America the Strong!!

Where there is a will there is a way…

Scrumpy on November 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Chin up, people. Contra the trolls, it’s not at all like 2008. The GOP will still have a large majority in the House. That means that, for all intents and purposes, there is no “second term” agenda to fear.

Sure, they’ll roll over for him on the budget, the debt, spending, and taxes. But they should. America voted for it. It’s time we endured some pain. It’s past time for the assumption that electing Big Gov’t politicians is OK because the deficit is just an imaginary number and the bill never comes due.

Meanwhile, we don’t have to fight a vast array of new social engineering like 4 years ago. If it weren’t for Obamacare, I would already be sober.

2014 will be a traditional 2nd-midterm-wipeout. (For Dems who still haven’t caught on after four full years, there is no “when the economy gets better” coming under O.)

HitNRun on November 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Romney ran a good campaign.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha … oh, wait. You’re serious. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Now it’s even funnier!

casuist on November 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM

i’m sorry, but wtf

Senate 55-45 Dem. ???

i know this is a family site, so i won’t say anything more

r keller on November 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Hey Dire. :) Hey, grab your book and write down that I was wrong. What, the sixth or something? Anyway, that’s twice. Terrible, terrible thing to get wrong though — might need to count it twice, sort of a double-secret extra wrong.

Axe on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

turfmann on November 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I wish the hell you were wrong and I could stomp you dead in an alley. But, you’re not, and I’ve got to share some bad truths with my young sons over the next few days, when I can figure out the words.

They did not start out as I did, with nothing on this earth but dreams, but achievable dreams because of a country that let me do it. Their dreams, the ones I care about the most, likely died tonight, which is far worse to me than our nation’s death, but so intertwined they are.

We will survive, of course, but survival is not the same as living your dreams.

God, please bless America, and if you’ve got a couple of minutes, please tell me what you’ve done here tonight.

TXUS on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Class? ROTFLMAO! More like guarenteeing FOUR MORE YEARS of the same destructive policies from the 0bamanation thanks to a weak Republican Party filled with leaders best known for being linguini spined, liberalism loving control freaks.

Class my a$$! Thanks for not a thing coming from Romney and his bench warming supporters, except for making ALL of my earlier predictions here come true.

Oh well. At least Glen Beck’s new Dish Newtork station [212] will now thrive.

TYS!

DannoJyd on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Hey don’t be mad at me because a black man that is not a DNC house servant told your side to fck off?

So yeah, let us go “there”…social parasitic, lying, sack of sh1t.

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You’re a piece of trash. You’re guy spent nearly a year slandering Romney’s character and 4 years dividing this nation like no other President and you have the audacity to call West divisive?

jawkneemusic on November 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

His name is President Obama and you can leave my country if you dont like him being the president. POS

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

The GOP sodomizes you YET AGAIN, and the first thing you can do is get excited about which one to bend over for next.

WHAT THE FCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Yeah, I learned my lesson. This will be the last time I vote for a Republican. It’s a party with no future.

tkyang99 on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Axe on November 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

AZgranny on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Dammit. We had Palin raising our spirits to the heavens, tens of thousands rocking, and we lost. Then we had Ryan, smartest man ever on a national ticket, and Romney the most successful guy EVER on a ticket, and we were rocking, and we lost. Fcuk. It’s that 47% thing. We lose. America loses. America is done, we’re 47% Greek. We’re f’d. It’s over.

Who is John Galt on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

guys, its over. why didnt more repubs turn out? what happened? a total loss. i live in wa state and weed is now legal and my ultra lib gov was replaced by another even more lib one. america was at the crossroads and all is lost.

Jack_Burton on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Time for Hot Air to purge the trolls. Or lose the other 99% of their traffic.

Hit the “Contact Hot Air” icon at top right and let them know.

M240H on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

p.s. if that’s true..you know what that means…legislative tricks…obamacare on steroids

spelled MANDATE…if you are barry

r keller on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM

No politician in my lifetime has ever gotten the kind of cover that Obama’s received from the mainstream media. Benghazi alone would’ve sunk any other President, even a Democrat. The fact that we now have a media that’s willing to bury a massive coverup of a terrorist attack that led to the deaths of 4 Americans, including an ambassador, coupled with a majority of the electorate handing this guy 4 more years with his kind of record makes me question how much longer this country’s got left.

Doughboy on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Good point. Maybe next time we can get a true moderate. Oh God shoot me now!!!!!

Elchasebo on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I can’t be mad at Mitt. He didn’t lose to Obama. He lost to the media and the stupidity of the American voter.

Mark1971 on November 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM

This. Until we neuter the media this is our future. They even tried Gloria Allred again and only because Romney was so clean they had to resort to lies.

Who else would have fared better? Santorum? Gingrich? Perry?

The media and the mush heads would have ate them alive.

Like I asked on another thread: Who could have won telling the teat suckers that the party is over? Who could have withstood the media’s complicity.

We came as close as we could UNTIL we either get rid of the media’s influence.

kim roy on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Romney is pure class and absolutely the best we could do. Contrary to the inevitable talk radio chatter tomorrow, he didn’t lose because he wasn’t conservative enough.

Honestly I have no answers. Despite what the likes of Krauthammer say about our bench, electoral realities DO look grim going forward, and that’s a bitter pill to swallow.

Besides, even if we do have a chance or even win in 2016, what will it look like? What will the country look like with Obamacare fully implemented, 4 more years of Obama? How hard will our candidate tack to the center; will we go the way of Europe being “conservative” in name only? If we don’t, do we just get 30% every election?

Like I said, a lot of tough questions, no easy answers.

jjraines on November 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I think it will be fight. I do mean fight, between the Socialist and Capitalist in this country. Greatest Divide since the Civil War.

Obama has transformed the liberal Dem Party to the Socialist Party.

Oil Can on November 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

You call one of our commenters an idiot just after requesting civility? Hypocrite much? But there you go, we’re back to 2009 rules and “I won” aren’t we?

You may have won out there, but until your Fascist President takes over the Internet in here is conservative turf and you don’t speak that way as a guest in someone else’s home.

Ed, Allah, remove these ебаные дураков before you lose the regulars on this site and they are all you have left! They add nothing to the discourse and with our nation gone, we are no longer in a mood to tolerate this crap.

Gingotts on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

guys, its over. why didnt more repubs turn out?

Jack_Burton on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Repeat after me…because they do not exist anymore.

The worthless 60′s generation gave birth to even more worthless generations who all want adult responsibilities covered by someone else. Sooner you guys realize that, the sooner we can do something about it.

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

So yeah, let us go “there”…social parasitic, lying, sack of sh1t.

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You are an idiot. YOU LOST. Leave my country you piece of s#it. You followed a loser for 2 years and the American people handed your a$$ to you. Go choke on a bone.

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Poor Obama…. he’s going to inherit a big mess.

El_Terrible on November 7, 2012 at 1:41 AM

It’s the people of this country who inherit the mess. We’ve dealt with it for four years.

This time he owns it. We suffer. We’ll see what ensues.

I hoped for a better day. That isn’t in the cards.

When the people choose again it may not be so congenial.

Cody1991 on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

His name is POS Obama and you can leave my country if you dont like him being the president.

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

FIFY

and GFY

HumpBot Salvation on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Screw compromise!

racquetballer on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I know, right? And now they’re all up in arms blaming the voters for the underperformance of their underperforming joke candidate who only ever underperformed in every electoral contest he was ever in. Even when he won the governor’s office of MA he won it with fewer votes than the 2 GOP governors who preceded him, and who both served 2 terms and left office far more popular than Mitt. Mitt himself left office ranked at 49 out of 50 governors in terms of voter approval. But he saved the Olympics!

casuist on November 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Oh well, at least we still have a solid conservative bench in the House to block any and all Barack Osama legislation.

TonyR on November 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Never heard of the word executive order?

Plus Obama will have more flexibility with our “friends” overseas

audiotom on November 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Romney the most successful guy EVER on a ticket…

Who is John Galt on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Successful at what?

He’s lost just about every political race he’s ever been in.

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

jawkneemusic on November 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Of course West is divisive, it’s his modus operandi.

Let’s be realistic. Romney did himself in by embracing the description of ‘severely conservative’ and gratuitously bowing to the right wing in order to win the nomination.

Ultimately, it led to his undoing. There was simply no way to reverse all the positioning done to appease the Tea Party and then pivot back to the middle for the general election. The country has spoken and it doesn’t want a severely conservative president.

bayam on November 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Jobs are going to become more precarious very quickly.

matthew8787 on November 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Some people here are just not worth bothering with…

Do you believe rubbing salt into a wound is a good idea eh?

It’s people like you casuist that give America and Americans a bad name…

Go on and gloat have at it deary…

YOU most assuredly will get yours in the end…

I feel sorry for you that you think you are even one bit funny…

You are a sorry excuse for a human being at this moment…

Scrumpy on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Bush did it!

KMC1 on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Gingotts on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Go f@ck yourself. Your side lost. You don’t like it, get the F out of this country.

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Rubber meeting road, here at our house.
My small-bizz-hubby went to bed with a very broken spirit, tonight.
Weeping for him, as I type, before I follow him.
Oh, when even the libbies find out what they have wrought upon even themselves !!
Mercy turned His head tonight, and no one can blame Him.
Stock up, folks .. bad times they be a-coming.
Sniff.

pambi on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Andrea Saul emails to say, “Epic choking is covered under Romneycare.”

Mr. Wednesday Night on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

i’m sorry, but wtf

Senate 55-45 Dem. ???

i know this is a family site, so i won’t say anything more

r keller on November 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Two of those should’ve been easy wins and were ruined by idiot candidates who had to run their mouths about rape and abortion. Another was a doomed incumbent Republican in the state of MassachusettEs. Face it, his win in 2010 was a miracle. It’s hard to duplicate that. And as much as it pains me to say it, winning Presidential candidates have coattails, hence the Dem Senate wins in Florida, O-I-H-O, and Wisconsin.

We’ll probably chip into that deficit in 2014, but if we ever hope to retake the Senate majority, we have to win the White House. Simple as that.

Doughboy on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

The best we could do!? Then we need a new party. And it’s not that Romney wasn’t conservative enough. He wasn’t conservative at all.

casuist on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I still have dreams..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Annnnnd…this just got you banned. Hope you enjoyed it idiot.

WisCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

He might as well pray for a leprechaun in every pot–it’s far more likely to happen.

“We can’t risk partisan bickering … we citizens have to rise to the occasion.”

I agree. Bickering won’t cut it. The occasion calls for a far more agressively confrontational approach. Something that leads to an impeachment would be nice.

ElectricPhase on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

The greatest concession speech, much better than McCain’s!

The sucker admits it: “we can’t risk partisan bickering” which should be read as:

hey GOPE suckers, join the Obozo team’s direction. There are still lots of capitalist opportunities along the way. Just learn something about cronyism, something akin to Bain in China!”

TheAlamos on November 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Did he at least win the popular vote?

Dollayo on November 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

what do we do now?

eh on November 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Mittens lost because he was a liberal that could not make any real argument to vote for him rather than Obama. That’s why Bush I lost to Clinton, and why Dole lost to Clinton. Mittens couldn’t use teh best piece of ammo that Zer0 handed him, Obamacare, because he was the man who blazed the trail for. That Romneycare was different from what he actually proposed is irrelevant because he signed the bill into law. The GOP was foolish to nominate him.

Another result of this disaster was the loss of the Senate. The GOP establishment has shot itself, and us, in the foot so many times it isn’t funny. The GOP must die, as it will never put up a true conservative and the slide will simply accelerate. The next 4 years will see some truly dark days. The US, as a global player, is about to come to an end.

Quartermaster on November 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

why didnt more repubs turn out? what happened?

Jack_Burton on November 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Iirc, the republican party told them to fcuk off. Bush won by turning out the base, giving them something to get excited about. Romney thought he had to win independents, and didn’t want to excite the base for fear of turning them off. And in fact Mitt did win independents, but that didn’t win him the race. Lesson: You have to excite your people. Voting against the other guy, just like 2004, is not enough.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I’m actually laughing because, if you think about it, Obama has inherited a lot of problems. Now we know for sure the country is headed for serious economic collapse. With Romney it would have been a messy cleanup, but now it’s game over man. I am going to look into getting on government assistance, food stamps and the like. I’m not going to be left holding my d*ck while Bernanke monetizes all the debt created by the moochers. Republicans held the House, so their is no chance Obama gets to implement his progressive plans. It’s just going to be us moving head first towards serious economic collapse. Make sure you have enough food stored so you don’t have to leave your house for a couple months when the Obama votes are rioting because their welfare can’t buy a loaf of bread.

rndmusrnm on November 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Methinks that HAL’s recent post are ban-worthy.

pambi on November 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

you can go out front of the house and take down the stars and stripes.

Better take them down before you are forced to take them down by the administration’s rulings….

The Nerve on November 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

How did I lose?..oh you are one of those idiots that treats politics like a football game between rivals? I know how to handle children…even when in power.

Oh, and you part of the least American generation this country has ever suffered through. Go pretend your Euro-trash ideology is what America is about as you and the other children of this abortion of nation turn into Greece. It is not your fault…I am sure you did not have a dad around to teach you that it is immoral to make someone else pay for your own adult responsibilities.

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Gingotts on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

You are on a conservative site and trolling and you’re telling us in OUR home (site) to f@ck ourselves?

This site has gone to heck in a handbasket allowing you and yours to troll here. This would not be allowed on liberal sites – you have the freedom to speak here that we would not get at Kos or HuffPoo.

If this is the direction that Hot Air wants to take, then by all means. There are other sites to check out.

kim roy on November 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Go away. You are not wanted here and are causing problems.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Did he at least win the popular vote?

Dollayo on November 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Obama likely to win popular vote, too

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

casuist on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Sorry. I truly feel conservatives are in the minority. We are dealing with the electorate that watches the View and not much else. They like big government.

AZgranny on November 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Just rtemember more Americans voted for GOP House members than Obama. I would say Boehner has the mandate.

Tater Salad on November 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Just implant a nut suck into Boehner, and make him vote down the debt increase. The country will return to free market quicker than you can spell “Barack Hussein Obama”.

Archivarix on November 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

No scooter America lost…unfortunately 50% of the voters are just too stupid to even know it…pointing to you. And if gingotts leaves queenie…who gonna pay for you ObamaPhone?

HumpBot Salvation on November 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Did he at least win the popular vote?

Dollayo on November 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM

No. Probably will be a 2 point defeat aswell.

KMav on November 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Well, Mia Love lost. I hope she makes another run in two years.

Mark1971 on November 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Something that leads to an impeachment would be nice.

ElectricPhase on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

The House votes to impeach, remember. There’s plenty in benghazi for impeachment. Downside: President Biden. Ugh.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM

So yeah, let us go “there”…social parasitic, lying, sack of sh1t.

ClassicCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Good thing we are not a divided country anymore according to Obozo.

Elchasebo on November 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Sadly, after this horrible night I have to report that Mia love lost by 2000 votes. Guess we can turn out the lights on this country.

Vanceone on November 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Well, Mia Love lost. I hope she makes another run in two years.

Mark1971 on November 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Damn.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I think Obama stole it. Yesterday he was ready to concede. You could read it in his eyes. Those tears weren’t victory tears.

But today is different, and no amount of recalling or wailing will change that. If they can steal an election, they can steal a recount. No hope there. It was close enough to steal.

Too many people want free stuff, and don’t have the brains to realise it runs out one day, and they will have to eat each other to survive. That day has now been set instead of banished.

Too many Americans weren’t born in the US, and too many don’t love it.

I can’t believe I’m witnessing the last great democracy slide down to the sea. My generation grew up believing democracy was the greatest form of government. Now it appears it has reached the mature phase. de Tocqueville was right.

Ozwitch on November 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM

How do you win? You win by following the democrat strategy. Demagogue everything, lie, cheat, steal, place blame, make promises you know you will never keep, and play on stereotypes every chance you get. This is the way you win elections in America. The average voter is an uninformed dunce to be manipulated.

Dollayo on November 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Was sitting here at first licking my wounds…made a strong scotch to numb the pain…

The more I thought about it..what the hell….RR would have been doomed from the start “inheriting” the messiah’s $16T mess …thier ability to ‘fix’ this would be long term so they would never have been able to do it in 4 years and take any credit for progress…There was no way to fix this that fast……

This is a blessing in disguise…and the trillion dollars businesses have been sitting on will NOT invest here and send thier money overseas..the stock market will crater…The One will become the Depised One….gas prices will soar…the middle class will become the deprived

and the seas havent stopped thier rise…they needed 4 more years too…

So libtard, hotairlib, gumby and all the rest of you blowhards…look out…you own it now..will be anxious to see if you keep showing up here

LaRepublican on November 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Unbelievable!

racquetballer on November 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I really don’t know why….trolls here have been trying to tell us for ever.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Do you believe rubbing salt into a wound is a good idea eh?

Scrumpy on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

That’s the spirit that whooped us today. Take a look. :) Stare. Memorize.

Axe on November 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

casuist on November 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Yes, we do need a conservative party. However, blaming Romney for being what he is is not helpful. He ran with dignity and as an adult and I appreciate that.

FREE HINT: If you want to sell conservatism, don’t insult and badger tonight. Give it a few days and then try to sell your message POLITELY.

kim roy on November 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Fwd’d to HA editors, now working on fwd to advertisers.

M240H on November 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Well, looks like I’m done with republicans. Maybe it’s time for the tea party to end the “we don’t need a leader” bull crap and finally create a real Conservative party instead of trying to co-opt the GOP.

This is the last time I vote for a moderate.

I’m going to urge all my conservative friends to do the same. It’s time to put an end to the Grand OLD Party.

johnnyboy on November 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I would also consider a new round of birth certificate lawsuits, bankrolled by Trump. It’s not that Romney has a lot to lose at this point, and the Supremes (or at least 4 of them) could be very inclined to listen this time.

Archivarix on November 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

A bit too early to say exactly what happened, we need a few days to analyze the results, I’m particularly interested in what the hell happened in Florida and Virginia, which I thought we would win easily. My guess is that Romney did extremely poor among Hispanics.

I think once the numbers come out we’ll probably see that Romney had the worst percentage of minority votes of any candidate in history.

tkyang99 on November 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

trolls here have been trying to tell us for ever.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

It is foolish to listen to trolls no matter what they say. Definitionally, they are just trying to provoke a reaction.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

You do realize that this is a conservative site, right? Sort of odd that you would want to denounce conservatives here. Or at least this site was conservative before Romney bought took the GOP nomination and we got occupied by a lick-spittle claque of noisy Romneyists who think state run healthcare is a great idea as long as Romney and not some guy named Obama is behind it. Maybe we can be conservative here again now that we don’t have to defend a candidate whose policy goals contradict our own point for point.

casuist on November 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Gingotts on November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Are you sure that’s a good idea, think about it, if he gets out of the country, and then others like him do too, who is oing to pay for our food stamps. Ophones and welfare benefits?? Only a democrat can be so dumb so as not thy to maximize their interest (as self-respected parasites). Pretty self-defeating in the end.

jimver on November 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Rand Paul 2016. Let’s actually get a limited-government conservative in there this time.

iamse7en on November 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I agree! We are trying to be reasonable with unreasonable opponents.

Elchasebo on November 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Tater Salad on November 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

The party that wins the Presidency has the mandate. The best Boehner can do is try to block as much of Obama’s agenda as possible, but it doesn’t really matter anymore. Obama doesn’t need the House to keep spending $4 trillion a year barring the GOP shutting the government down or refusing to raise the debt ceiling(think they have the stones to do either?). He doesn’t need the House in order to raise taxes, cut the military, or fully implement Obamacare since literally doing nothing will achieve all three. And he used executive power to grant backdoor amnesty, attack oil and coal production, and invade Libya and suffered no repercussions from either the House or the electorate.

If I’m Obama, I’m probably thinking I could literally get away with murder at this point given what he’s been able to do thus far.

Doughboy on November 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Black Americans have been beat into the ground over Obama’s reign, and yet they voted for him over 90%.

Just sad.

WisCon on November 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Reality check… NYSE up almost 60% under Obama and NASDAQ nearly doubled. Largest companies in the world are pouring investment dollars into the US. Apply is moving some production from China to the US and expending glass, semiconductor and other operations here. The economy is improving, the housing market is has bottomed, and Wall Street predicts 12 mil new jobs over the next 5 years.
Keep the whining in check.

bayam on November 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Going to’ and ‘your’ that is…

jimver on November 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM

The best part about tonight’s great victory…is that you wing nuts keep electing CRAZY right-wingers to run for Senate seats in red states. These morons would win if they just kept their stupid pieholes shut. You lost two – count them two – easy elections because you elected idiots who were not smart to avoid saying things like “it was God’s will that the woman was raped.” Guess what..you could have won the Senate!!!! You gave up the Senate because your tea party candidates were morons. Have you learned your lesson yet? Stop electing wack-jobs!!

ZippyZ on November 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Doughboy on November 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Ok, but the House gets to file articles of impeachment.

And 2014 is going to be a heck of a year for conservatives. I’m excited about that.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM