posted at 8:06 pm on November 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, effusive regrets for his Kinsleyan gaffe . Go watch the original clip at the DC if you haven’t yet. He’s waxing rhapsodic about the country’s magnificent noble willingness to re-elect a guy who’s overseen four years of grinding unemployment and exploding debt, and he just kind of wanders into the idea that that killer ‘cane was really a lucky stroke insofar as it gave Obama a reason to put on his embroidered bomber jacket and look “presidential.” That’s a natural reaction for a hardcore O-bot in the throes of reflection; storms with death tolls come and go, but there’s only one Obama. In lieu of an apology, here’s all I want to know. What did Obama do over the past week to justify any significant political benefit from his handling of Sandy? Did he do something that Mitt Romney wouldn’t have? After Bush and Katrina, will there ever again be a president from either party who risks the perception that he’s not doing everything he can to aid in storm recovery, especially a week out from an election? We’re having a snowstorm here in NYC right now and thousands of people still don’t have power. Does that affect Obama’s superhero status at all? Says Sonny Bunch:

I’ve never been a “the media is biased, zomg sort of guy.” But Jebus has this cycle radicalized me. Imagine the coverage John McCain would have had to contend with if he had run for reelection after funneling billions of taxpayer dollars to donors investing in dodgy energy projects, 8 percent unemployment, a dead ambassador, and a drowning and freezing hurricane-ravaged New York City that his federal agencies were totally failing to help. It would not have been pretty.

If not for Chris Christie’s paeans to Obama for perfunctorily signing a FEMA decree for New Jersey, O would have been almost totally invisible in the aftermath of Sandy. My only recollection of him apart from the press conference in New Jersey was him sitting in some sort of storm situation room, looking concerned for the benefit of the White House photographer while he silently pondered his turnout targets in Ohio. The most striking thing about his performance since last Monday, as Bunch says, is what a total, utter pass our miserable media has given him for the problems New York is facing. It’s one of the most insane examples of media bias of the past four years vis-a-vis how a Republican would be treated and it arrived at a perfect moment in the campaign. It’s pure corruption. Matthews is apologizing for how he handled the politics of the hurricane, but where’s the apology from the rest of the press?

Update: You know, I could have handled any amount of gloating today. Liberals won big, it’s natural that they’d spike the ball. But I cannot, cannot handle Bill Maher claiming with a straight face that last night was a victory for … math. Maher was once a libertarian, mind you; in theory, he should have a leg up on other liberals in understand what runaway entitlement spending means for America long term. But his job now is to essentially troll conservatives, so we get this. A perfect buffoonish exclamation point on a victory for fiscal catastrophe.

Comments

Can we have a post with kittens and puppies?

El_Terrible on November 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Piss off, Chrissy…

OmahaConservative on November 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Matthews will say anything that he thinks will entice obama back into his bed.

Pork-Chop on November 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

what ever, leftists were ecstatic about that hurricane, you simply blurted out the truth.

rob verdi on November 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Something nice to watch or talk about while Obama gets his revenge?

El_Terrible on November 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Christie?

Who.

Oh. You mean the beached whale.

Yeah.

He’s dead.

budfox on November 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It’s pure corruption.

Totalitarian.

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Not accepted Chrissy. It’s how you truly feel. Human deaths don’t matter as long as your political agenda gets advanced.

rbj on November 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

It’s close but I am more concerned about the legacy media’s win, more than I am Dear Leader’s win…

d1carter on November 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I guess I can take some solace in knowing that Chris Matthews will never have the opportunity to be as intimate with President Obama as he so desperately desires…

love love love love love love Reggie Love

Jeddite on November 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

but where’s the apology from the rest of the press?

That was rhetorical, I hope.

hillbillyjim on November 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Maher was once a libertarian

I call bullsh1t. He claimed to be.

lorien1973 on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Screw off, you pee-stained chimp.

The only reason Tingly Pants is being gracious is because his idol won, had Mitt been the winner Crissy would have melted the desk with his foul language, gone violently insane, and attacked Maddow thinking she was Ann Romney.

Bishop on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Liberals love death. Murdering babies. political murders. euthanasia.

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The press should be confronted whenever they are out in public . they should forced out of any establishment they are in Theater Diner PTA meeting. Want to fluck up my life with your bias we’ll fluck up yours.

Thicklugdonkey on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

If he didn’t mean it he wouldn’t have said it. Never let a tragedy go to waste. I thought it was a commandment of theirs. It “stopped Mitt’s momentum”. He’s not sorry.

Marcus on November 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

another reminder why the media as it exists has to go

runner on November 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

F U “Tingles”…

Khun Joe on November 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

d1carter on November 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yup, he would be nothing without the enablers.

Candy Crowleys coordinated Benghazi stunt. Pulitzer?

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

The Titillation Tribulations of Tingles The Twit!
(sarc)

canopfor on November 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

If the word ‘asshole’ was in the dictionary, this fool’s picture would be right there. Wondering who signs his paycheck — and why — is the stuff of mystery. Chris should have a capital “D” tattooed on his forehead.

Humphrey on November 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Maher was once a libertarian

I call bullsh1t. He claimed to be.

lorien1973 on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Liberal/Libertarian “smug above-the-fray” type.

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I won’t watch tingles. Did he say it was okay since when people die for the SCFOMF they go right to heaven?

yenober on November 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Who cares what tripe falls from the oozing pie hole of this oxygen thief?

Katfish on November 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Obama didn’t do anything special in relation to Hurricane Sandy, but Christie’s effusive praise made it seem like he did. ‘OMG, even a Republican is saying Obama did a great job!’ The media lapped it up, and that was all she wrote.

If we’re to believe the exit polls, we can surmise then that it was Chris Christie that gave Obama that critical boost at the end. Heckuva job, Gov!

It’s worth noting, too, how two hurricanes ended up screwing the GOP…the one during the convention, and the one at the end.

changer1701 on November 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Should have been fired. I hope the residents of Staten Island, Queesn, Jersey, etc ring the phones off the hook and e-mail NBC to death.

As soon as they get their (union-only supplied) power back, that is.

Dreadnought on November 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Matthews: Sorry for saying last night that I was glad we had that hurricane last week being a jerkoff.

Paul-Cincy on November 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Doomed Beyond All Hope of Redemption

M2RB: Bruce Springsteen & The “E-Street Band”

Resist We Much on November 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I’m done with Chrissy’s apologies….You’ve run out of them..no more forgiveness for you, you liberal tool

sadsushi on November 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Candy Crowly’s stunt wasn’t coordinated, let’s get real. That has already been debunked. She’s a hack and a shill, but it wasn’t coordinated.

SuperBunny on November 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Matthews didn’t care about the 300 dead Mexicans and two American border patrol agents, he didn’t care about the four dead Americans who begged for backup in Benghazi, why on Earth would he or any of the media care about dead New Yorkers? Do they think they are special?

Chris like Biden always means what he says. And as the media has already told us Sandy is over and Obama did a great job. There is nothing more to worry about so I’m not going to.

magicbeans on November 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Is it entirely fair to blame the press for the bump Obama received from Sandy?

Granted they behaved abominably. But there was no shortage of stories by Friday/Saturday of the hardships many New Yorkers were facing. Did the public need to have the media connect the dots for them?

Maybe 50% of the electorate is just so disposed to liking Obama that seeing him in a cool-looking jacket is enough.

bobs1196 on November 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Nah. Blaming it on Christie is silly. The answer to an election that OBVIOUSLY went the way it shouldn’t have is an electorate that’s composed of elements it shouldn’t be. No one receiving food stamps or Medicaid should be allowed to vote. No one who paid no income tax last year should be able to vote this year. Put your skin in the game, PROVE IT, and you get your ticket to vote.

Humphrey on November 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Tingles loving death cause Obama wins….

Diane Sawyer drunk on GMA…

Spare me the crocodile tears…..

itsspideyman on November 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Fluck tingles and Maher. The day when both of them find someone who has “had enough of them” out on the street is coming. I just hope some media type gets it on film.

Flucking commies.

JohnnyMojo on November 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

What a POS.
Why are we subjected to Matthews? Does anyone really care what he says now(or ever)? He is the Afterbirth of Humanity.

purgatory on November 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Isn’t this the chump who bemoaned that a Democrat wasn’t in office on 9/11 dreaming of the political opportunity it could create?

Buddahpundit on November 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Hey, tingles, go eff yourself.

BallisticBob on November 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Watched the whole thing. He sounds sorry but isn’t. That was his true self speaking at 3 in the morning. And his believing the end doesn’t justify the means. What a CROCK.

IIRC he’s the one who said it was his “job” to promote and protect the president, like the day he got elected in 2008. Not to mention he’s been casually slandering conservatives as racists for the last five years.

NOTHING is more important to liberals like this than how it affects this president. And a few hundred dead if it helps Obama, is worth it. When their own parents get sacrificed to the death panels in 2025 or whatever, they will thank God for the opportunity to support the president and his agenda in yet one more way.

I’m so glad I’m a conservative. I wouldn’t want to live like they do.

Eviva on November 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Done with politics. Gonna start watching American Idol, Jersey Shore, The View, Bill Mahr and the Daily Show. Apparently that’s where the real power is.

bluealice on November 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

****************** ALERT ***************************

So,it begins,Part Deux,or a Coincidence(Koinky-Dinky)

Man arrested on suspicion of burglarizing residences, including Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s St. Helena, Calif., house – @nbcbayarea

11 mins ago from http://www.nbcbayarea.com by editor

canopfor on November 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

They own it all now. Every bit of it.

Mr. D on November 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Liberals love death. Murdering babies. political murders. euthanasia.

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

That’s very true! The only time they are against death is when you mention the death penalty !

cableguy615 on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

You really can’t blame Matthews and Maher; they can’t help themselves – they’re a$$holes.

Dopenstrange on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I’ve been trying to stay upbeat the last 24 hours, but I am falling into a feeling of distress. Not despair, but distress.

We’re gonna need each other here to stay sane, ya know?

Hope those of you saying you’ll leave don’t leave.

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

He makes his fortune paying lip service every single day.

Why the hell even bother making the empty apology?

FlatFoot on November 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Democrats believe Hurricane Sandy was a godsend, they have no idea it was just the beginning of judgement.

Jvette on November 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM

That’s OK, Chris. We know you didn’t mean it.

The apology, that is.

Now, everything you said as you were having an o****m at the thought of having The One to fawn over in the Oval Office for four more years, and how you believe the stars and AGW aligned to help get him back in, we know you meant every single f***ing word of it.

And we won’t forget.

clear ether

eon

eon on November 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Humphrey on November 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

This x 100!!! Spot on!

Dopenstrange on November 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

They own it all now. Every bit of it.

Mr. D on November 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Yes they do.

Jvette on November 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

bluealice on November 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Nah, what’s seen cannot be unseen. It will drag you back.

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

America needs an Ernesto Gueverra to cull the pop for Bill Ayer’s Prairie Fire to be complete.

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Humphrey on November 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Tight race , one sided media war , he gave them a massive emotional “bipartisan-leadership” photo op.

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

We’re gonna need each other here to stay sane, ya know?

Hope those of you saying you’ll leave don’t leave.

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Listen to blatant, although I admit an urge to drop out.

rob verdi on November 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Read in Fox’s analysis of the exit polls that of those who voted 68% said Obama’s handling of the hurricane aftermath was important.

Chris Christie owns some of this.

Also note that turnout was lower than in 2008 and 2010.
There were millions of conservative voters who refused to pull the lever for Romney. They wanted to teach Republicans a lesson, without any thought of the suffering of millions of conservative American citizens. In my mind, they are as bad as those who voted for Obama.

Jvette on November 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

We’re gonna need each other here to stay sane, ya know?

Hope those of you saying you’ll leave don’t leave.

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Last night was the loneliest night I have ever had since coming to this country. I am burned out, I miss my family back home.

JPeterman on November 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Bullcrap…he meant EXACTLY what he said. And if people don’t know how bad things are in the NE, unless they see it in the paper…well that just about says it all about the mainstream media, doesn’t it?

tmedlin on November 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I’m not in any way advocating violence but if someone happens to blast Matthews or Maher in the cross-walk I will be contributing to the defense fund…

…especially if a monster truck with an NRA sticker is involved.

M240H on November 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

JPeterman on November 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I have a Polish friend who left Poland about a year after the Iron Curtain fell. He is absolutely terrified of Obama and the current makeup of the democrat leadership.

He came to America with NOTHING, now owns 3 businesses and is employed by another company.

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Let’s see.

Barack Obama sacrifices four in Benghazi for his election campaign.

And Chris Matthews sacrifices New York and New Jersey for Obama’s election campaign.

Same thinking: It is beneficial for a few to die for the sake of the many.

Except that these didn’t sacrifice themselves.

flicker on November 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM

M240h – that’s some funny shift right there! Good on ya!

JohnnyMojo on November 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Your friend is terrified because we have seen this all before, we know that type of evil, we know how it can end.

I also came with nothing, got myself through school with the help of my family back home. I have done extremely well, doing something that I love, working freelance, with no one hanging over my shoulder telling me what to do.

JPeterman on November 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Listen to blatant, although I admit an urge to drop out.

rob verdi on November 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

JPeterman on November 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Nothing wrong with taking some time to assess the situation and decide how it will affect us. I have been interested in this stuff since the Clarence Thomas hearings, so I don’t think this little setback will cure me of that!

Night Owl on November 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Christie, have a heart attack, die.
Matthews, get cancer, die.
Maher, piss off the wrong guy, get shot in the head, die.

Well, I figure if the Dems are in power, if you can’t beat, join ‘em. The new civility.

teacherman on November 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Remember our Founding Fathers bet their lives and fortunes to face a challenge much greater than we. They did the heavy lifting in getting this idea of America off the ground. I don’t want to say you shouldn’t be upset, but the hard work is already done! We already know what makes this country great and yes, it’s a shame that so many of our fellow countrymen have forgotten or have been charmed by the life of entitlements, but they are in for a terrible shock when this ruse come crashing down. We need to be there for them to get them back on track. Once that happens we will see once again see how Blessed we are in this nation and how indebted we are to those Founders that created with the help of God, this wonderful country. Just think how desperate Americans must have felt during the Civil War? The depression? Two World Wars? What we’re facing right now pales in comparison. So buck up and brush yourself off, take a deep breath and get back in the game.

Deano1952 on November 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Screw off, you pee-stained chimp.

Bishop on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

This.

goflyers on November 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Maybe Chrissy should THINK before he opens his mouth.

Yeah, like that will happen.

GarandFan on November 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Cry me a phucking river, you loser.
I wonder who was drunker, him or Diane?

Colorado Anne on November 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

It would be too much to hope that the victims of Sandy in blue New York or blue New Jersey would demand Matthews’ job. So, yeah… he’ll apologize and go along his merry way humping Obama’s leg.

As far as Chris Christie goes… that guy is dead to me, and only Ann Coulter was a bigger fan than I. He might as well pull a Benedict Arlen and join up though. I can’t imagine him EVER recovering support from the national base.

Murf76 on November 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Of COURSE he said something that suggests “The End Justifies The Means”

BECAUSE HE BELIEVES IT!!!

So IS THIS what it TAKES to get “The Media” to Report on Obama’s FAILURES in Responding to Hurricane Sandy? They have to get CAUGHT in kerfuffle while admiring “the crease in Obama’s pants” when getting a “thrill up their leg”?

Is THIS what it will take for The MEDIA to turn FOR ONCE – to DOING THEIR JOBS?

I am Sick over this – PHYSICALLY SICK!! People are going to lose jobs – some their lives, like those in Benghazi already have, BECAUSE Of this election!!

The President didn’t “defy Political Gravity” to win this election!!

He was HELD UP in the AIR and PASSED OVER THE AUDIENCE – like a Rock Star “Crowd Surfing” at a Concert! The people who Held him up and Supported his “Crowd Surfing” IS THE MEDIA!!

ALL of the Media!! Including – ALL of this, “conservative” media and blogs as well!

NO MEMBER OF THE MEDIA held hims ACCOUNTABLE!! They all focused on whatever Shiny Object caught THEIR PARTICULAR attention!!

THE MEDIA ELECTED THIS PHONY!!! THAT IS WRONG!!!

williamg on November 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Even Goebbels was honest about being a propagandist, Matthews doesn’t have the balls to vocalize what everyone already knows.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I can’t even declare this ridiculous, pathetic little man to be the worst of the obscene lefties in media…he is awful, but at MSNBC he’s just a garden-variety propagandist. For network news, he would be in the left lunatic-quartile, but no worse.

Our media collectively need to be drowned in a polluted storm surge.

Jaibones on November 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Chris Matthews: Resign now. Take it from someone who, thanks to a certain pre-Halloween rhymes-with-witch named Sandy, lost an 80 foot tall tree on his property, was without power for two and a half days, knows of someone from his church who passed away in the storm, and overall still would still call his own encounter with the storm a doggoned lucky one. Your comment trivializes the suffering of an entire region, and your resignation would be an appropriate form of apology.

flutejpl on November 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Eff U. You POS.

Hummer53 on November 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

This mental invalid and moral degenerate is THE VOICE for today’s left.

It may seem funny, it may be infuriating, but it is most of all an indicator of how far gone this nation is.

It is over.

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Can we have a post with kittens and puppies?

El_Terrible on November 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Ace had a recipe thread today. I found it pleasant and comforting. Of course many of the recipes offered were along the lines of glass/ice/booze, but there were some good food recipes too. .

juliesa on November 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

We’re gonna need each other here to stay sane, ya know?

Hope those of you saying you’ll leave don’t leave.

blatantblue on November 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Not gonna leave. I enjoy the people here too much, so I’ll be in every day as usual — but I’m not going to discuss politics as much.
I sure hope the management puts up some non-political articles so we can get a bit of a break.

Solaratov on November 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Jvette on November 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Oh, yeah! I put the trucons in the same category as the leftists.
Their ideology trumps everything.

Solaratov on November 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You forgot arming drug cartels to the teeth leading to hundreds of dead Mexicans.

Socratease on November 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Speaking only for myself, I don’t believe that hurricane did one thing to help Barack Obama.

It destroyed lives, and gave Chris an orgasm. That’s all.

listens2glenn on November 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

So, the death toll from Sandy is too high a price to pay for the advancement of the state.

And, of course, the starvation of the Ukraine in the Holomodor is waaaay to high a price to pay.

In the future, I will limit myself to wishing for smaller-scale disasters that allow for the advancement of the ever-encroaching state without causing too much unsightly damage, particularly amongst my family and friends…

Haiku Guy on November 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM

SuperBunny on November 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Please provide a link “debunking” the coordination theory.

I saw the debate with my own eyes. I saw Barack 0bama ask her to produce the transcript, which she did. Are you saying it was sheer coincidence that Crowley just happened to have a printed copy in her hand at the ready?

UltimateBob on November 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Chris Matthews is a supposed Catholic.

Cofession and contrition are only one part of owning up to somthing you have done wrong.

Where is the Penance???

Fxxxxxg hyppocrite!!!

patch on November 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM

juliesa on November 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

That sounds good. I’m suffering from politics burnout, too. I’m tuning out all news, including FOX, and avoiding any political discussions on facebook. I have already been unfriended by several 0bama lovers (no great loss there), and unfriended all hard leftists myself who were spiking the ball and sending me private messages trying to rub my nose in it.

UltimateBob on November 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Causing Touré To Tourette All Over

M2RB: Rose Royce, England 2003

Resist We Much on November 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I Didn’t Even Need Ruby Slippers, A Ouija Board, or Have to Wiggle My Nose!!!!

M2RB: The Unband

Resist We Much on November 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Not buying it.

I suffered through this twice; I never heard Chris say “I apologize” or “I’m sorry.”

He just indicated he recognized that what he said was wrong. BIG difference.

pain train on November 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Candy Crowly’s stunt…

SuperBunny on November 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I misread that at first glance.

And I threw up a little.

pain train on November 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Chris Matthews, what a man!! A man of Belial.

Gordy on November 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Not buying it.

He just indicated he recognized that what he said was wrong. BIG difference.

pain train on November 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM