Chris Christie: “I wouldn’t call what I did an embrace of Barack Obama”

posted at 9:50 pm on November 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

The question he’s responding to isn’t included in the clip but I think I can guess what it is. Robert Costa posted this tidbit from an anonymous Romney advisor earlier today:

Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey, the adviser adds, is persona non grata in Romney’s inner circle. “He went out of his way to embrace the president during the final week of the campaign,” the adviser says. “It wasn’t necessary and it hurt us. Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, and Chris Christie undermined the Republican message.”

On Monday, Rich Lowry was hearing grumbling about Christie too:

My understanding from checking around the last day or two — after emerging from a semi-news blackout last week — is that Christie’s robust embrace of President Obama did break through and help President Obama rebut part of Romney’s closing argument that he can work across the aisle better than the president. Yesterday, the New York Post ran an editorial begging Christie to make a strong show of support for Romney. That kind of show of support might have been particularly important to Romney (and convenient for Christie) in the Philadelphia suburbs.

That followed Politico’s mini-bombshell on Sunday quoting still more anonymous sources claiming that Christie had once been Romney’s first choice to be VP but had been passed over. I don’t believe that. I’m sure Romney considered him, if only for his virtues as an attack dog, but he’s too brash and would have overshadowed President Mitt. Romney could have gotten basically the same fiscal credibility without the loose-cannon worries from Paul Ryan, which is what he eventually did. Whoever leaked that story to Politico was, I take it, just trying to discredit Christie’s praise for Obama as sour grapes. Same with this HuffPo story published on Monday night about Christie allegedly denying Romney’s request that he come to Pennsylvania for some last-minute campaigning. Christie replied by unloading on the “know-nothing, disgruntled Romney staffers” who leaked that and said he’d spoken directly to Romney, who allegedly told him that he understood Christie needed to tend to New Jersey after the storm and was unavailable for campaign duty. And that’s where things stood in the cold war between him and Team Mitt until Costa’s piece this morning.

I’ve been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, even after he copped to weeping when Obama rewarded his Jersey photo op with a personal phone call from Bruuuuuuuce. The guy’s under a lot of strain; his home state is in ruins after the storm; he hadn’t slept much in the days before and after; and it’s only right for a governor to lay aside partisanship in a crisis and work with the president. But Ramesh Ponnuru is right about this:

Yes, he helped himself in New Jersey. I think he harmed himself pretty badly with Republicans nationally — not because he said kind words about Obama’s handling of Hurricane Sandy, but because he was so fulsome, because he didn’t take any opportunity to loudly reiterate his support for Romney and because he talked about crying after his hero Springsteen talked to him on the phone. The first two, Republicans will hold against him as partisans; the last one, as adults.

“Great,” “outstanding,” “great credit”: “Fulsome” is exactly the right word to describe it. Surely there was a way for the keynote speaker at the Republican National Convention to say he was getting along fine with the president a week before election day without basically cutting a campaign commercial for him. To repeat a point I made in the Matthews thread, if not for the photo op with Christie and the corrupt media’s breathless coverage of it, O would have been nearly invisible during Sandy. I thought he’d get no meaningful political benefit whatsoever from looking “presidential” for a day or two afterward, but to my amazement the exit poll suggests otherwise — and it may very well not have happened if not for Christie turning it into a story. I don’t know if he really was just too tired and stressed to consider the political implications or if he was working an angle designed to boost his Democratic cred before running again for governor in New Jersey, but I think Dan McLaughlin’s right about his national ambitions now. Christie was always going to have a tough time in the primaries due to some of his departures from conservative orthodoxy and, now, because he’s a northeastern blue-state governor and we’ve been there, done that, nominee-wise, it’s even tougher for him. When you pile this on top of it, though? I suppose if Romney can overcome RomneyCare and McCain can overcome campaign finance reform, among other things, Christie can overcome a storm-related misjudgment. But listen to the Ingraham clip below (via the Daily Caller) when you’re done with the first one. Sound like a nominee in the making?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Nonsense.

Christie went our of his way to praise Mr. Obama. If you don’t believe it was purposeful and at the same time hurt Mr. Romney- I’ve got some ocean front Jersey property to sell you.

I am pretty sure Mr. Obama knows how to write a check and spend federal dollars. Where was Christie’s famous big-mouth on that point? What- no quip governor?

So conclusively the purpose of his visit was…?

The fact is that Mr. Christie made no such effort, in statements or otherwise, to ensure this had no negative affect on Mr. Romney. Without that strong, public refutation of Mr. Obama’s policies and unquestionable support for Romney, people saw it for what it was- a vote of confidence for Mr. Obama.

Don’t get me wrong, this is not the only reason for Mr. Romney’s loss. But with the slim margins involved it was one big reason why.

Christie made a political calculation in a state that is largely Democratic. It was a personal electoral move for Christie that will help him gain reelection in a tenuous “Republican” state.

But it will hurt him in the long run not only with our party, but with people that were predisposed to NJ. Besides the devastation, my family and friends in this area have made permanent plans to spend summer vacation in other states.

Good riddance. Maybe you can pick Springsteen’s pockets while your blubbering.

Marcus Traianus on November 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Listen a$$face, why dont you do me a favor and leave my country. You spent years demonizing my president and guess what, the real Americans proved your side wrong.

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – forever.

George Orwell

itsspideyman on November 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM

And Ann Coulter needs to have an unfortunate incident of getting between Christie and a donut.

Nutstuyu on November 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

(b) This hot air lib person has gotten terrible. I saw some comments from last night. Really hostile. Now it’s “my country this” and “my country that.” I’m not expecting gracious winning. I am expecting something besides being nasty and abusive to the rest of the forum.

Alana on November 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

It’s overly aggressive, but in a way I think he’s right and I agree with him.

I look at him in the same way that I’d look at a spouse who decided to sign a mortgage on a $800K home on a $45K salary and lease a $500/month BMW on the way home.

It’s his way of doing things. It’s his understanding of finances. It’s his country now.

The funny part is that the housing crisis didn’t happen very long ago and people still can’t remember their role in it. Heck, Obama ran on it in ’08 IIRC. “Greedy banks” is all those voters remember, not “maybe I need to read and be responsible for what I’m signing.”

And here we go again with the same thinking but on a much greater scale. We can’t afford it, and it’s not my way of doing it. That’s not my _________. Values, approach to debt, financial understanding, ethical belief, desire for my children’s financial well-being, etc. Insert whichever one you want.

That is his country. His attitude claimed it, and the voters proved they agree by choosing the same. He’s right. I hate that I’ve got such good seats to the show, and I hate that my children will have to pay for it, but I can’t deny that he’s right.

He, along with over half of his fellow voters, agreed with the terms and signed the mortgage.

What do we, as the spouse who doesn’t agree with the financial choices of our mate, do about it? I don’t know. He’s still my countryman and I love him and I would die defending him, but it’s too early for me to have worked out the next step in my head. I’m still at the part where I’m coming to terms with discovering a bill purposely hidden in the cabinet above the refrigerator.

rogerb on November 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM

The republican did NOT make a single attempt to actually work together on health care reform from the very start and in fact SET OUT to try to block what could in possibly have looked like an achievement for Barack Obama so thoroughly that in the end policies that they had created, promoted, and supported for YEARS were suddenly Maoist contraptions aimed at enslaving the American population. How can you deny that to yourself?

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Guessing from your nom-de-guerre your home state, so am even more amazed at your utter idiocy. I don’t know where you were during that long, dark, and cold holiday while the Democrats were wringing deals behind closed doors and buying votes on the Senate floor, and then the House Dems “deeming” the deal passed.

I can assure you many of us here were watching, calling, emailing, and giving support to those that were trying to keep this incredible power grab from happening.

Dropping like the proverbial turd into the punch bowl at the end of the party to declare the problem was the folks that brought the punch is incredulous.

Tenwheeler on November 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

We can all still recall ABRs?

I’m an ABC.

If Christie ever gets the GOP (or Democrat) nomination, I won’t vote for him.

RedCrow on November 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Oh dear, it looks like we might have discovered who the RNC will push down our throats in 2016. You’ll vote for him and you’ll like it, right bluefish?

Fallon on November 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM

As a person from a very conservative part of the country who would never vote for Obama or Christie.I need to ask a question from anyone who can tell me the real truth.The people in New York and New Jersey voted for Obama in 2008.the storm came Obama and Christie walk around for a hour then leave.the people are still suffering crying for help from Obama none comes.Then they still go out and vote for Obama WHY?The definitional of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.It,s kind of like a wife being mistreated by her husband and still letting him come back time after time.please someone tell me how this mind set takes hold and never seems to change.

logman1 on November 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Nothing personal, but it’s coddling and excuse mongering like this that gives these b*$@#!&s like Krispy Kreme a pass. It indicates that they will never feel any real consequences for their incompetence/treachery/what have you. It’s sort of like how yesterday, every one of the ‘smart kids’, from HA to Rush, refused to criticize the way Romney ran his campaign.

It’s time to call things what they are. This ‘nice guy’ and giving-people-the-benefit-of-the-doubt stuff has got to go. It has brought America to the brink of destruction.

avgjo on November 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Chris Christie: “I wouldn’t call what I did an embrace of Barack Obama”

This reminds me eerily of a certain declaration to the People of the United States by then President Clinton from the desk of the Oval Office regarding relations with one of his interns.

It’s not an EMBRACE embrace….

Tenwheeler on November 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I’m done with RINO’s, especially Christie. I’m also done with “it’s his turn” political parties. Play to win or don’t play. Stand for something or stand for nothing. I also won’t support anyone moving to the middle that has been constantly moving to the left.

voiceofreason on November 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I suspect that Obama has led Christie to believe that a grand avenue of bipartisan cooperation has been established between themselves. When Christie is up for reelection, Obama will see to it that sufficient effort and money are deployed to ensure Christie’s removal from office – not that it would take much in NJ. Christie won’t admit to his embrace of Obama now, and he’ll be too ashamed to admit that Obama will have stabbed him in the back later. And, will Christie weep when Springsteen puts on concerts for Christie’s opponent?

86 on November 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM

This is like having your team up 3 games to none in the World Series and the other team being declared champion after winning the next game.

Nutstuyu on November 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Exactly. I’m looking for some serious investigation of just how the hell this happened. The turnout stats and exit polls just don’t add up.

petefrt on November 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Resist We Much on November 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Nice collection of ‘toons today. We might as well laugh…

Fallon on November 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM

This is day 2 of a new beginning and a plan for the road to the White House in 2016 should have been in development yesterday. Unfortunately, The GOP can’t read a map or use a compass and we’ll again be outside looking in unless there is a significant change, soon.

rplat on November 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Christie is dead to me now.

I used to give him the benefit of the doubt despite his position on global warming, mainly due to Ann Coulter’s advocacy, and his have no fear approach to the media.

No more!

Not-a-Marxist on November 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Chris Christie is dead to me.

Falz on November 8, 2012 at 8:12 AM

rplat on November 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Related:

Tea Party Declares #WAR on GOP Establishment

Fallon on November 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

The “anonymous Romney adviser” doesn’t exist — it is just one more after the fact thing being touted now to cover up the obvious fraud that occurred on Nov.6. I saw Obama in the last few weeks, barely able to draw 4000 by himself, barely able to get 10,000 with Jay-Z & Katy Perry opening for him. And I saw the video from Red Rocks, CO, Bucks County, Ohio, Fairfax, VA, Pittsburgh etc. for Romney, all 10,000+crowds, many of whom waiting for hours in the cold & rain to see him — and thousands more turned away because the venues were over capacity. I saw video of Obama’s final speech in Iowa — where he cried & rambled that this was his “last election! It’s up to you!” while that same night in Manchester, NH a crowd of 12,000+ cheered so loud for 10 minutes that Romney couldn’t begin his speech.

Monday night, Obama knew he was losing & Romney knew he was winning. Something happened between Monday night & Tuesday.

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Tea Party Declares #WAR on GOP Establishment

Fallon on November 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Count me in.

MARK LEVIN: We conservatives, we do not accept bipartisanship in the pursuit of tyranny. Period. We will not negotiate the terms of our economic and political servitude. Period. We will not abandon our child to a dark and bleak future. We will not accept a fate that is alien to the legacy we inherited from every single future generation in this country. We will not accept social engineering by politicians and bureaucrats who treat us like lab rats, rather than self-sufficient human beings. There are those in this country who choose tyranny over liberty. They do not speak for us, 57 million of us who voted against this yesterday, and they do not get to dictate to us under our Constitution.

We are the alternative. We will resist. We’re not going to surrender to this. We will not be passive, we will not be compliant in our demise. We’re not good losers, you better believe we’re sore losers! A good loser is a loser forever. Now I hear we’re called ‘purists.’ Conservatives are called purists. The very people who keep nominating moderates, now call us purists the way the left calls us purists. Yeah, things like liberty, and property rights, individual sovereignty, and the Constitution, and capitalism. We’re purists now. And we have to hear this crap from conservatives, or pseudo-conservatives, Republicans.

petefrt on November 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM

We are going to find out EXACTLY how bi-partisan BHO is when he drags Christy’s fat a** out of the state house next year, when BHO’s buddy Cory Booker runs against him.

gonnjos on November 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM

voiceofreason on November 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

We need more like you to either turn the GOP inside out (Excommunicate the RINOs) or reboot with the conservative party.

AH_C on November 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM

It just doesn’t add up, does it. It just doesn’t make sense.

petefrt on November 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Oh, shut up you stupid, fat POS.

Christie can LIE all that he wants, but, the simple fact is, that he wanted obama to win. Christie went out of his way to VERY PUBLICLY help obama in hopes that he would be rewarded with a position in the ‘NEW’ obama administration. I hope that Christie and obama will be very happy together.

Pork-Chop on November 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM

No, it was not a full embrace it was a great big messy kiss on his butt. Christie will be announcing his party change before his term is up so that he can run and win again. He laughs at how stupid the Republicans are. He even made campaign stops for Romney knowing the whole time he was going to do something at the end to get Obama elected if he could.

pwb on November 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Christie got played by Obama, Bruce called him to thank him and Christie still doesn’t get it.

What did Christie think he wasn’t going to get aide money if he didn’t chum up to Obama? He would have been better off complaining about not getting money for his state.

So this Christie pow wow with Obama days before the election makes no sense to me on how if would advance his concerns for the people of NJ.

plutorocks on November 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Sorry your big win the other night STILL couldn’t help you get it up–maybe you should see a doctor for your problem with impotence, cause that’s all you are capable of–spouting impotent hate from your mom’s basement. THIS IS MY COUNTRY TOO, a$$wipe…and if you think I am going to roll over for the likes of YOU, to take over my country…you need to drop that dead chicken you’ve been humping.

You think that screaming your hate at us will inflate your sorry, flacid little member..but no, it is just showing us, HAL, that you are getting to the point of singing DAISY, right before our eyes.

Oh, and we will keep reporting your hatefulled comments until SOMEONE bans your sorry, pock-scarred a$$!

lovingmyUSA on November 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Christie will never get the GOP nomination, he’s a loud mouth RINO, he is not presidential material.
Did he weep and kiss Obama’a butt to kill Romney’s campaign in the hopes that he can run in 2016? Romney is too smart to even consider that loudmouth for VP.

Christie single handedly killed Romney’s chances, he made O look presidential. How many said the hurricane response made them vote for O?
What about the poor people still without power? Why don’t we hear about them now? Where is the media? They are kissing Obama’s rear along with Christie.

I feel sick about the election, and I am not the only one.

carolt2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Christie could have just said what Nanny Bloomberg said ‘Um, we don’t really need your distracting motorcade right now.’ Nope, he wanted his fat face on the camera again. And weep like a silly school girl about talking to Bruuuuuce.

Schwalbe Me-262 on November 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Christie is finito for Republicans. This last action was just the icing on the cake. I don’t think he was responsible for the loss, but he has declared himself not one of us. We lost because America has changed, and the majority of our population have completed the transformation into parasitic creatures. And if I hear the “we should have pandered to Hispanics” line one more time I’ll be sick. Hispanics (and black people for that matter) are not conservative. They want to be taken care of by the state too. Our values are now an anachronism. We need to face that fact.

ktrich on November 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Yup, I can see his switch to the Democratic party pretty soon once he sees his Republican support collaspe!!!

LurkerDood on November 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Tea Party Declares #WAR on GOP Establishment
Fallon on November 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Really? Proof that power corrupts…now “they” seem to think that it was because people didn’t listen to “them”–the “TEA PARTY”–that Romney lost. They think that because their candidate didn’t make it out of the primaries, it was “the establishments” fault…

Stupid fools–and I say that as a Tea Party member. If a Tea Party candidate couldnt stand up to the so-called “establishment”–how the heck do you think they would’ve been able to stand up to the force of the AXLE MACHINE??? Has the Tea Party been taken over by those who ran the Ron Paul campaign? Cause this “our way, or no way” is getting a little old..

lovingmyUSA on November 8, 2012 at 8:50 AM

And I don’t really understand why Christie thinks what happened in his state this week is more important that what happens to our country in the next four years… and beyond. I have relatives in NJ that are still without power as we speak, but they will get through it, unlike the rest of the country after Obama completes this second term.

ktrich on November 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Someone ask Fatso what he thinks about Laura Ingraham saying she wouldn’t be surprised if Christie became a Democrat.

LurkerDood on November 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Not sure I heard this theory yet played out extensively – but in a devious way, Christie would want Romney to lose so that Obama could serve out his term and he could run in 2016. Had Romney won, then – he couldn’t serve until 2020. Agree?

mxylplik2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I don’t use the word “racist” or “bigotted” much…but in this case, both apply to you. I agree that we shouldn’t “pander”, but we MUST change and grow as a party, and I met so many AMERICANS that didn’t want to be “HYPHATED”…gays, hispanics, blacks–that have the same values as I do. Guess you were living in a cave and don’t know about West or Love, or Cruz…

lovingmyUSA on November 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Dark Star on November 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I disagree. President Obama was building a ground game for years. Mitt had good front people and is an attractive candidate.

logman1 on November 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM

They keep voting for Dems since they think, bad as they are, they beat the Republicans. Plus, they are fed constant excuses. Remember tha the Republicans started two wars and wrecked the economy. Then they killed thousands after Katrina.
carolt2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

carolt2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Morning Joe this AM talked about the folly of mistreating Christie over this.

I always had problems with Chris, Rush and Crowley.

As an Air Force survival instructor once told me, there is something wrong with anyone who lets themselves get that fat.

The Sandy storm was a nightmare for The Romney Regiment. That said, this election was not about a RINO governor or nominee.

There the Romney team were, with a manic travel schedule but playing it safe otherwise with dreams from 2010 in their heads just like the posters here who want the whole national ticket turned over to Tea Party types in 2016. Then the storm and the surge and then frozen poll numbers until another surge came around the corner.

The surge of Obama voters did them in.

IlikedAUH2O on November 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Saw a poll that how Obama handled Sandy was key to how voters voted – the voters of this country are shallow and frankly, not well informed.

mxylplik2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

mxylplik2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Nice post. You know politicians. Moreover, you are giving Christie credit for thinking about himself. Maybe just trying to get federal checks and a sabotage of Romney were not the only motivations.

I mean that if it was a cynical and phony posture on his part, it would likely be an attempt to mimic John McCain with looking centrist to the lefty Dems in the M S Media and around the country.

Anyway, I think he was overwhelmed and just melted down.

IlikedAUH2O on November 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

mxylplik2 on November 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

They are more ideological than that.

The Obama campaign had those people lined up before Sandy was a puff of humidity.

The storm just gave them an excuse.

IlikedAUH2O on November 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

logman1 on November 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Stockholm Syndrome – and I mean that seriously.

Greyledge Gal on November 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

The obscenely obese bully now backtracking, trying to re-establish his intraparty credibility. What a blithering j***off.

RoyalFlush on November 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Freakazoid Ann Coulter hardest hit.

Mr. Arrogant on November 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

HotAirLib on November 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Barely 36 hours since your big win and look at this.

Perhaps you Obama nuts really are just hateful people after all?

Chuck Schick on November 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

What exactly besides a photo op with the prezzy, did CC get for his efforts? FEMA would still have given NJ the same treatment it gives to the other states involved. Have they gotten all the bids in yet on the next shipment of bottled water? Have they found all those who died in their homes. Have they shoveled all the sand off the streets? Yes, some guys in rain ponchos were hand shoveling sand. This is what you get when you make a deal with the devil.

Kissmygrits on November 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Christie’s done. NJ is it for him. He could have thanked the president w/o going so far. Christie also should have invited Mitt Romney to tour the damaged areas as well, because if Romney had won, clean-up and rebuilding would have still been going early the new presidential term.

And since we’re being honest about Christie, his weight combined with his age was always going to be a prohibitive factor for him in a presidential contest.

The Bringer on November 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Christie’s embrace was purely political knowing that he’s going to have a tough race the next time around in Dem country.

Christie was the proverbial “butcher’s thumb” (and a heavy one at that) on the scale when weighing meat for a customer tipping the scale in favor of the shop owner, Obama.

As far as I’m concerned, he probably should do a Charlie Criss, and become a Democrat his next go around.

iamsaved on November 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Hey Charlie Crist Christie. Do you think Obama is going to campaign for you against Cory Booker next year? Do you?

Is Bruce Stinksteen going to do a fundraising concert for you next year?

Doug Piranha on November 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I want to see Chris Christie’s Republican support crater to like 5%, that would be sweet election revenge!

LurkerDood on November 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

LurkerDood on November 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I never liked him. But…

What do you say to people that think you are driving a good leader away?

IlikedAUH2O on November 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Chris Christie was looking for federal money and if that requires kissing Obama’s butt Christie will do it. Another thing, is that Northeast Republicans are really nothing but warmed over Democrats. What is really sad is that the “Cradle of Democracy” has turned into a hot bed of liberal socialism and we certainly do not need this group tell us about their heritage.

savage24 on November 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I now consider Christie to be a democrat.

EconomicNeocon on November 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM

As much as I think Christie has a deaf ear to politics and before we totally jump ship on him, he needs to go to the penalty box for a while because we may need him in ’14 to run against Lautenberg.

Tater Salad on November 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I would rather vote for Lautenberg. Least we would know what we were getting. Christie’s ship has sailed this port. Done.

lostinjrz on November 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Christy is an East Coast RINO.

He’s dead to me. God help us if he’s given consideration for anything other than the position he’s in now.

Hill60 on November 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

It’s going to be funny seeing Christie chew out Republicans LOL

RINO

LurkerDood on November 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

While I know the Governor of NJ is a RINO, if we conservatives think we lost this election all because he hugged Obama, we are destined to continue losing. We lost because Americans chose the government nanny state over personal responsibility. While we could have had gas prices cut in half, unemployment cut in half, housing markets increasing, energy independence, and a booming economy, because of this election, we WILL have the opposite. America has lost her soul and will be brought to her knees in the next 4 years because over half of our citizens have chosen to follow the path to serfdom. Governor Christie had nothing to do with that.

conservative4freedom on November 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hey Christie! one good turn deserves another.

This R is going to give Corey Booker a big bear hug, some money and my vote.

You are done you worthless turd.

Natebo on November 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Christie is now toxic outside New Jersey. Radioactively toxic. It would be like accepting Bloomberg back in the fold.

Parabellum on November 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Nonsense.

So conclusively the purpose of his visit was…?

Good riddance. Maybe you can pick Springsteen’s pockets while your blubbering.

Marcus Traianus on November 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Obama pointed out to Governor Christie that he let half of Texas burn last summer to prove a point to the last governor that crossed Dear Leader. Christie was put in a position of put up or pay out.

Still, New Jersey can keep him if they like him – a hard sell to the rest of the country just became virtually impossible in my opinion. Christie will be a regional player for the foreseeable future, in either party.

Parabellum on November 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Governor Christie – I was appalled at your gushing and hugging President Obama. Now the MSM is bragging about how Obama handled Hurricane Sandy – while I sit in my home in Hunterdon County with NO ELECTRICITY for 11 days.

Calling your office about the lack of service, maintenance and man power from JCP&L (first truck in our Township on day 11) hasn’t changed much.

IlonaE on November 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Is Bruce Stinksteen going to do a fundraising concert for you next year?

Doug Piranha on November 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

It’s not out of the question. I’m hearing that both Obama and The Boss are now going around saying that Christie’s BBBJTCNQNS is the best in the business.

HondaV65 on November 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Anyway, I think he was overwhelmed and just melted down.

IlikedAUH2O on November 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

So you are saying there is even more flooding going on in Jersey?

KMav on November 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Beat it fat man.

FireBlogger on November 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Christie has for me joined the ranks of Arlen Specter and Charlie Christ. Traitors. And that’s a trait I despise.

MaxMBJ on November 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Can we now excise Ann Coulter from the cause? Please.

MaxMBJ on November 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Watch Obama continue to expand the welfare state and the deficit will be close to $20 trillion at the end of his term. By the time 2016 comes along, we may have gone too far to fix this great country of ours because every dollar we bring in will be spent mostly on interest on the debt, social security, medicare and military. The other essential services will need the US to borrow more money – and we can’t borrow our way out of this.

We are screwed royally. Obama has made it too easy to not work (unemployment period extended, etc.) and has split our country even more between the contributors versus takers (e.g., fat cat millionaires who don’t pay their fare share). Thanks you Obama supporters – you don’t know what you have done!

mxylplik2 on November 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

christy looked scared

MrMoe on November 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

If the different wings of the conservative movement couldn’t unite to defeat a socialist President hell bent into transforming America into France,or Greece,then we are doomed.Conservatism might not be dead,but it sure is moribund.We have seen two moderate Republicans carry the GOP banner in 2008 and 2012,and both have lost.Both McCain and Romney were disliked by most conservatives,but won their nominations because conservatives were so divided.Both lost in the general elections because many conservatives stayed home.If the GOP does what I suspect they will do-appease and compromise-then Tea Party members and social conservatives will leave,joining the libertarians who already left.But due to differences among these three groups,there will be no third party forthcoming.This divide,added to demographic changes will insure progressive rule for many years-until the country collapses and chaos ensues.

redware on November 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM