Chris Christie: “I wouldn’t call what I did an embrace of Barack Obama”

posted at 9:50 pm on November 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

The question he’s responding to isn’t included in the clip but I think I can guess what it is. Robert Costa posted this tidbit from an anonymous Romney advisor earlier today:

Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey, the adviser adds, is persona non grata in Romney’s inner circle. “He went out of his way to embrace the president during the final week of the campaign,” the adviser says. “It wasn’t necessary and it hurt us. Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, and Chris Christie undermined the Republican message.”

On Monday, Rich Lowry was hearing grumbling about Christie too:

My understanding from checking around the last day or two — after emerging from a semi-news blackout last week — is that Christie’s robust embrace of President Obama did break through and help President Obama rebut part of Romney’s closing argument that he can work across the aisle better than the president. Yesterday, the New York Post ran an editorial begging Christie to make a strong show of support for Romney. That kind of show of support might have been particularly important to Romney (and convenient for Christie) in the Philadelphia suburbs.

That followed Politico’s mini-bombshell on Sunday quoting still more anonymous sources claiming that Christie had once been Romney’s first choice to be VP but had been passed over. I don’t believe that. I’m sure Romney considered him, if only for his virtues as an attack dog, but he’s too brash and would have overshadowed President Mitt. Romney could have gotten basically the same fiscal credibility without the loose-cannon worries from Paul Ryan, which is what he eventually did. Whoever leaked that story to Politico was, I take it, just trying to discredit Christie’s praise for Obama as sour grapes. Same with this HuffPo story published on Monday night about Christie allegedly denying Romney’s request that he come to Pennsylvania for some last-minute campaigning. Christie replied by unloading on the “know-nothing, disgruntled Romney staffers” who leaked that and said he’d spoken directly to Romney, who allegedly told him that he understood Christie needed to tend to New Jersey after the storm and was unavailable for campaign duty. And that’s where things stood in the cold war between him and Team Mitt until Costa’s piece this morning.

I’ve been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, even after he copped to weeping when Obama rewarded his Jersey photo op with a personal phone call from Bruuuuuuuce. The guy’s under a lot of strain; his home state is in ruins after the storm; he hadn’t slept much in the days before and after; and it’s only right for a governor to lay aside partisanship in a crisis and work with the president. But Ramesh Ponnuru is right about this:

Yes, he helped himself in New Jersey. I think he harmed himself pretty badly with Republicans nationally — not because he said kind words about Obama’s handling of Hurricane Sandy, but because he was so fulsome, because he didn’t take any opportunity to loudly reiterate his support for Romney and because he talked about crying after his hero Springsteen talked to him on the phone. The first two, Republicans will hold against him as partisans; the last one, as adults.

“Great,” “outstanding,” “great credit”: “Fulsome” is exactly the right word to describe it. Surely there was a way for the keynote speaker at the Republican National Convention to say he was getting along fine with the president a week before election day without basically cutting a campaign commercial for him. To repeat a point I made in the Matthews thread, if not for the photo op with Christie and the corrupt media’s breathless coverage of it, O would have been nearly invisible during Sandy. I thought he’d get no meaningful political benefit whatsoever from looking “presidential” for a day or two afterward, but to my amazement the exit poll suggests otherwise — and it may very well not have happened if not for Christie turning it into a story. I don’t know if he really was just too tired and stressed to consider the political implications or if he was working an angle designed to boost his Democratic cred before running again for governor in New Jersey, but I think Dan McLaughlin’s right about his national ambitions now. Christie was always going to have a tough time in the primaries due to some of his departures from conservative orthodoxy and, now, because he’s a northeastern blue-state governor and we’ve been there, done that, nominee-wise, it’s even tougher for him. When you pile this on top of it, though? I suppose if Romney can overcome RomneyCare and McCain can overcome campaign finance reform, among other things, Christie can overcome a storm-related misjudgment. But listen to the Ingraham clip below (via the Daily Caller) when you’re done with the first one. Sound like a nominee in the making?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I sure would…

OmahaConservative on November 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

True , it was a blow job.

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

LardAss is persona non-gratis…

OmahaConservative on November 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Me too. That guy is dead to me now… and he was like my friggin’ hero.

Murf76 on November 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

And Christie knows he won’t get the 2016 Prezzie nod either, Rubio, so a little Hussein love couldn’t hurt his NJ visibility either

FlaMurph on November 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Kiss any kind of elective office goodby walrus …. you are done
unless Obama gives you something

conservative tarheel on November 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

A Rino sticks a knife in your back?

Shocking…news at 11:00

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

But he sure embraced Bruce Springsteen..

It took a crew of five to get Christie off..

Electrongod on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I would. A simple thank you would have sufficed, but nooooooooooo.

thebrokenrattle on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

He disgusts me. He sold out America and ultimately the people of his own state for Federal dollars. They used to call that a bribe.

JellyToast on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Shut up Fat Boy. You can’t run for president on the Republican ticket. Time to switch parties, tubby.

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yep, he’s done. At least as a *Republican* prospect in 2016.

M. Scott Eiland on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Christie owns a big part of this. 68% of voters said that the hurricane and Obama’s handling of it was important to how they voted.

Chris Christie snuggled up with Obama and made him likeable again.

No excuses.

And New Jersey is still reeling. Obama did nothing and will do nothing to help them.

Jvette on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Follow the money. Watch the federal moola pour into NJ as Christie transforms into Arlen Spectre.

BobMbx on November 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

F off, you fat f’ing slob!

Thomas More on November 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

“I’d describe it as more of a knob polishing…”

Ted Torgerson on November 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

See, THIS is gonna be and has been the republicans problem. When people were pissed and scared about Obamacare the constant opposition worked for a while. But the American people are tired of the bs, and when anytime ANYONE steps outside of the party line to ACTUALLY reach across the aisle, they are shunned, destroyed, abandoned, and demeaned as traitors.

The people WANT us to work this way, not to just go one trying to destroy each other for NOTHING but electoral advantage while that clock on the wall just a keeps on ticking.

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I have a hard time respecting a man who cries when Bruce Springsteen calls him. Weak…

Shock the Monkey on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

He’s done.

The Resolute Desk on November 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

“I’d describe it as more of a knob polishing…”

Ted Torgerson on November 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

But the knob was back at the WH…
Telling us what to eat..

Electrongod on November 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

/illuminati

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Ann Coulter must be all sorts of confused about now.

antipc on November 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Betweeen his over the top embrace of Obama and Obama surrogate Springsteen during the week before the election and his ignorance of the dangers of Sharia law, I’ve completely written off Chris Christie, who once seemed promising.

Cara C on November 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

He stabbed us all in the back. Lots of ways to accomplish helping your state without the slobber.

Conservatives have long memories. His political fortunes are done.

Thanks for playing.

gophergirl on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

hey christie. screw.

Donald Draper on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Also – we need some DINOs.

Cara C on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Dems did not reach out to Bush after Katrina. As a matter of fact, they went out of their way to hang it on him as an albatross. Reaching across the aisle? HA!

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Anytime a republican actually does work across the aisle, “he’s dead to me”, “kiss your prospects goodbye”, “thanks traitor”!

Yeah, best to just keep trying to rule from the minority and cutting anyone off at the knees who might actually have some interest in, you know, actually dealing with anything instead.

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Gee gov’nor, your tongue was so far in his mouth, you could check his tonsils.

Fuquay Steve on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

There is reaching across the aisle like when Ryan works with democrats on a Medicare bill.

Then there is what he did.

Big difference IMO!

gophergirl on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

And Obama never bowed to the Saudi king.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Christie will never win. He ruined his chances by slobbering over Obama.

mrscullen on November 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Troll .

How did his constant slobbering help anyone?

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

MEMO TO:

Chris Christie,

its the Perception,of what you did and said,just
before a election.
And, it wasn’t to Politically Smart,especially,
when the rest of Team Red were looking on!

canopfor on November 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Give me a break! Christie ran over Romney like Mitt was standing between Christie and an all-you-can-eat buffet.

I used to have some interest in Christie. He can forget it now.

cool breeze on November 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

True, it was a blow job.

the_nile on November 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

My exact words. Christie is a slob, a liberal and a major doofus. And he has exactly ZERO future in national politics as a Republican, and I suspect he’ll have very little future in NJ without serious Dem crossover, which seems to be what he lives for.

Good for you. Give that little sissy Springsteen a handjob and cry about it. Sayonara, fat boy.

Jaibones on November 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Not sure when I have seen the dems reach across the isle lately, but whatever, I officially give a crap anymore.

gator70 on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Who they voted for.

Obama: “Voting is the Best Revenge
Obama: “We’re gonna punish our enemies

Who they didn’t vote for.

Romney: “The President’s a nice guy

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

As a New Jerseyean, I honestly don’t care what he said about Obama. He has been absolutely outstanding in taking care of what he has been elected to do during an extremely serious crisis.

But, I also beg to differ about the statement that “because he didn’t take any opportunity to loudly reiterate his support for Romney”. That is an absolute lie. Either the day of that NY Post editorial or the day after, he was asked about it in one of his afternoon press conferences. He not only reiterated his complete support for Romney, he went on to outline the fact that he was the first governor to have endorsed him and the fact that he had run all over the country in support of him. He said in no uncertain terms that both Obama and Romney knew he was voting for and explained in some detail why. I heard it myself so I know without a doubt, that he did what he could. The man did have other priorities and I am very grateful, as are most of NJ’s other residents, that he felt they were more important to tend to at the time than holding Mitt Romney’s and the Republican Party’s hands.

Bobbi on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Chris Christie: “I wouldn’t call what I did an embrace of Barack Obama”

I know you wouldn’t slim, but when Booker kicks your ass, see if your BFF Obama returns your calls for a job. No, he don’t need that kind.

arnold ziffel on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

The best was when Chrstie was interviewed by the brainless trio on Fox & Friends. After rightfully praising Obama, King Idiot Steve Doocy followed up with a question if he was going to tour the area with Mitt Romney. The stupidity of the question irritated Christie and he responded “I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested,” adding: “If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics, then you don’t know me.”

ZippyZ on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I wonder if he likes it better on the bottom or on the top?

Colorado Anne on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Yep, those are the three who most helped to do Romney in: Christie, Akin, Mourdock.

Christie blew it in a very big way. Which, of course, is the only way Chris Christie can do anything.

Meredith on November 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Conservatives have long memories. His political fortunes are done.

Thanks for playing.

gophergirl on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

gophergirl:Correct,hence the Elephant Mascot!:)

canopfor on November 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

After Katrina and the Anti-War ‘Chimpy McBush Hitler’ hyperbole and vitriol, the other side deserves nothing.

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I know, I know, it always comes down to, but, it’s payback for Bush! But the truth is, there wasnt a democratic governed at the time of an affected state who felt the same way about President Bush’s response as Christie did. Fact is, the Bush administration did about as good a job handling that hurricane as Obama did the gulf oil spill. Which means, it lacked more than just a little to be desired. It just did.

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Become a Democrat already.

conservative pilgrim on November 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Don’t you have a crappy Catholic football team to choke on somewhere?

CycloneCDB on November 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

When obama comes cruisin into jersey nex!t year with BRUUUCCCEEE in tow to campaign for Corey Booker, Christie will get his comeuppin.

xkaydet65 on November 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Who they voted for.

Obama: “Voting is the Best Revenge”
Obama: “We’re gonna punish our enemies”

Who they didn’t vote for.

Romney: “The President’s a nice guy”

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

yep, and yet sharrukin and myself are the crazy ones. I liked Mitt and happily voted for him, but all summer I said he better amp it up.

arnold ziffel on November 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I will not give in to liberals..

People must at least have basic survival instincts..

Government will fail you…

At the worst time..

Electrongod on November 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Don’t you have a crappy Catholic football team to choke on somewhere?

CycloneCDB on November 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

LOL!

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Chris Christie surely didn’t think he could use that love-fest to win friends and influence CONSERVATIVES in the future, did he?

He’ll never get my vote for anything. Ever.

The outrage would have been greater right after it happened but I imagine people were thinking like me “shhh, let’s don’t even bring it up… maybe it will not get much attention… Lord knows if anyone calls him on it, he’ll run his LOUD-A$$ mouth and draw attention to it all over again…”

Done with him.

Oink on November 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

The election was lost because of the lack of Hispanic votes, not Obama hugging a fat guy. Obama hugging a fat guy did not lose the Hispanic vote.

JTKBIZ on November 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Screw that a-hole.

Nikkia2112 on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

And I wouldn’t call what I got from the women of Olangapo a “massage” even though that’s what they were technically offering.

You’re done, Cannon, time to hang up the diabetic pressure socks and move on because your White House dream is dead.

Bishop on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

You mean like “I won”, that kind reaching b!tch slap?

antipc on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I wonder if he likes it better on the bottom or on the top?

Colorado Anne on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

In-the-middle

Electrongod on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

To think I once had faith in his loyalty to party and country.

That sound you hear is Christie 2016 suffocating in the cradle.

KingGold on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I wouldn’t call it an “embrace”, either……

There’s a MUCH better word for describing that act….it’s a word that begins with “fell”…….

williamg on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Jvette on November 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

15% said it was their most important issue…Romney lost in the 4 swing states we needed by like a combined 350,000 votes….

Obviously not the only reason we lost BUT you never know…

Go F yourself Krispy Kreme! Hope he gets his ass beat in the NJ election assuming his fat self even makes it that long.

jaygatz33 on November 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

You’re just jokin right? Obama and his minions embrace scorched earth as an appetizer. I’m kind of tired of compromise meaning surrender.

arnold ziffel on November 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

The Coultergeist was not salivable for comment.

SparkPlug on November 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

How do you think an anti-union Democrat will do running against Homey Booker next time around? Because he ain’t gonna get a lot of fervent conservative support.

Jaibones on November 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

i think Krispy is so in love with Bruce Springsteen, his childhood hero, because it reminds him when he was younger, and could look down and see his penis.

GhoulAid on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

arnold ziffel on November 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

A lot of people said it and were ignored or howled down.

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Soft bigotry of low expectations, huh? I don’t recall this excuse being used with Jindal during or after Hurricane Isaac in August nor Guiliani after 9-11. Oh that’s right, they aren’t RINO poseurs like Christie but unashamed Republicans. Christie is a little man trapped in a large man’s body.

conservative pilgrim on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Again, I know, in the end it all just comes down to payback for Bush even if undeserved. But the reality is that Bush had 90% approval ratings after 9/11, 90 effing percent. The country gave him a chance, the democrats went along with his choices, and through the actions that followed, the doting of the press, and the Karl Rove school of politics approach, he lost that 90% support.

Barack Obama on the other hand, was given a falling apart economy and an opposition who’s sole goal was destruction, deligitimization, and nipping his presidency in the bud before he could even do anything, because god knows if he’d been allowed to just be president, republicans would have had a hard go at the next elections, before he was even able to take office. The destroy Obama express left the station at 11:00pm Nov, 4, 2008. Bush lost his opportunity. In return republicans tried to make sure Obama wasn’t even given one.

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

By the way – the ONLY thing that this Blog should be Focusing on now is: REPLACING JOHN BOEHNER!!

We need a NEW “Speaker” of The House…….”kissing” is NOT “speaking”!!

williamg on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

He’s right, it was more like a ____________. (Your choice)

HitNRun on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Screw Christie. He is dead to me and all cons. Any political ambitions he can kiss goodbye.

Jack_Burton on November 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

FOAD then rot in heII you fat ba$tard. You, like all democrats and sub-humans who voted for Hussein, are DEAD TO ME.

mrsmwp on November 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Governors declare disaster areas and mobilize resources and then ask for Federal help if needed. It’s always been that way. The expectation was different after Katrina because New Orleans is loaded with blacks and the media was out to get Bush. Democrats took political advantage of that situation.

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

There is no reason to listen to the profligate moby.

tom daschle concerned on November 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I’m sorry, but ever since the republican convention, Christie has been playing at supporting Romney. I think the fat man has his own hunger to feed. I didn’t like him then, I don’t like him now.

BettyRuth on November 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Ann Coulter said today that Romney lost because he was “Too Conservative”.

I think she is setting up for a Christie ’16-gasm

portlandon on November 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Either he realized what he was doing, or he didn’t. Neither speaks well for him. He is finished. RomneyCare and campaign finance reform were violations of principle, what Christie did was a violation of loyalty, and that will never be forgiven.

SAZMD on November 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

The incredibly shrinking supposed GOP rock-star..

gatorboy on November 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

FUCC

cptacek on November 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

If you want to suck Hussein’s member, you can probably find him at Man’s Country.

mrsmwp on November 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Love Christie’s in-your-face style, of course, and his taking the fight to the NJ unions, and I don’t really blame him too much for going bromance with Obama — the man’s state was demolished — but if you’re against guns, you’re against me. And, by the way, the Constitution.

He wouldn’t have had my support anyway because of that, his “fulsome” embrace of Obama only making it a bit worse.

TXUS on November 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Hey Boomer, cry me a river. Obama wasnt given a chance? Please. He was elected and immediately went to work dismantling the USA. Screw him.

Jack_Burton on November 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

We tried you warn you about Christie.

Even with RINO Mitt, he still wasn’t satisfied. He had to give Barry a tongue bath to lick him across the finish slime ahead of Mitt.

RINOs will fak you everytime.

SparkPlug on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I wonder if he likes it better on the bottom or on the top?

Colorado Anne on November 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Now Anne, I think you know the answer to that. ;)

arnold ziffel on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

In return republicans tried to make sure Obama wasn’t even given one.

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Hogwash, Moby. Republicans had NO POWER the first 2 years of Obama’s presidency. Obama could pass whatever the hell he wanted to with a Filibuster-proof majority in both houses of congress. That Obama did that was repudiated in 2010 when the tea party flexed it’s muscle. Instead of moving to the right after that and co-opting Republicans, Obama stayed on the far-left and Harry Reid obstructed the new House majority’s agenda in the Senate. The House had a historic mandate after 2010 and our media let Reid get away with hijacking it.

Corporal Tunnel on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I tried to muster a tear for the poor man, really I did, but the sockets are dry.

Must be the fact that Bark wasn’t exactly the clean-cut reformer out to clean up Washington, the man was and is a brazen grifter who used every underhanded trick in the book to advance his own career and ruined other people in the process with a smile on his face.

Bishop on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Nope. Never believed he was under serious consideration for one second. I think the campaign internals were starting to horrify, and the “leak” was as blatant as the Schmidt/Wallace CYA of four years ago.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Neither Romneycare nor campaign finance reform involved undermining the party’s nominee one week before he loses a close election. Oh, hell no. No way does Christie ever get forgiven for this. Frankly, I’d be surprised if he has the chutzpah to run.

Interesting counterfactual: A lot of people were begging Christie to run. What if he were the nominee when the storm hit New Jersey? Would he have suspended his campaign?

KingGold on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Thanks for four more years of misery, idiot.

Cicero43 on November 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Gov. Christie should have never been in the same zip code as Obama during the photo op…

He could have been ANYWHERE ELSE inspecting damage, two steps ahead of a chasing President…

Thx for helping…

Khun Joe on November 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

arnold ziffel on November 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

No, he did not. Republicans embraced that the night he was voted in before he was even in office. You can’t label a response to that strategy as a pre-emptive stance. It’s disingenuous. You can’t tell a person to go f*ck themselves no matter what and before they’ve even done anything, and then whine that they didn’t include you enough if the discussion that you were openly trying to derail and destroy without a second thought.

Scorched earth indeed. Worked for 2010, won’t after 2012. The people are tired of it. They want action, effective governance, and reasonable discussion and debate like adults. Both sides ARE at some degree of fault, but you’re digging that foxhole pretty deep to honestly believe that your response justifies or encapsulates the larger picture in any type of genuinely satisfactory and full way.

Boomer_Sooner on November 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

LMAO Romneybots are collapsing. Coulter is going insane and Christie is just being his dumb self.

Rubio 2016 for the base

Flapjackmaka on November 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Conservatives have long memories. His political fortunes are done.

Thanks for playing.

gophergirl on November 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Lou Dobbs also used the word slobber yesterday. Granted, Romney made mistakes by leaving alot on the table, but I’ll repeat a comment I saw on another site:

Three people got Obama re-elected: Bill Clinton, John Roberts and Chris Christie

Just looking at his remarks and body language in the first clip, looks like it may have dawned on him that he just torched his own career, in addition to helping Obama of course.

TxAnn56 on November 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Ann Coulter said today that Romney lost because he was “Too Conservative”.

I think she is setting up for a Christie ’16-gasm

portlandon on November 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Wow. She got bent into a pretzel to contort reality.

SparkPlug on November 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Shock the Monkey on November 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Seems like he is qualified for Speaker of the House.

ZippyZ on November 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Go away fat man.

tommytom02 on November 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I like fat men. They make more noise when they fall.

VorDaj on November 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Well, it’s right after the election and no one likes Christie. Hm. Based on recent history, he’ll be our next nominee. Oh well.

Dongemaharu on November 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

The Jersey fat boy won’t recover any time soon, if ever, for this betrayal. He just didn’t betray Romney, he betrayed all Conservatives. When he came off as a bombast narcissist during the convention, it was clear HIS needs and HIS ambitions were all that’s important. Forget love of country and saving what’s left of it after four long years of Barky.

Slainte on November 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

All that for Obama just because he did one thing he was supposed to do. No, Christie is just another political hack working on his own calculations.

Barack Obama and the dems went a long way to creating that bubble. Just because Bush was at the top as the wheels came off doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be held accountable. Even in the FY02 budget, the Bush administration was setting off warning flares. And I’m sure the flak Obama received had nothing to do with the antics of Mr. “I Won” and his shrill party.

MechanicalBill on November 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM