Video: The obligatory “what the heck is wrong with Philly” post

posted at 11:21 am on November 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I’m getting a lot of e-mail about a Fox and Friends video that looks like deja vu all over again, as Yogi Berra might have said.  In 2008, two members of the New Black Panther Party showed up to a Philadelphia voting station with a nightstick and tried to chase people away, especially one reporter who got it all on video.  The two men were arrested, failed to contest their prosecution, and ended up convicted by default of voter intimidation — until the Department of Justice under Eric Holder decided to withdraw the case, which created a huge controversy over the direction of the Civil Rights Division.

Today, one NBPP member has returned to the same polling station, and F&F suggested that voter intimidation had returned:

Perhaps the NBPP member has that in mind, but there are a couple of important differences.  There is nothing illegal about standing outside a voting station.  Feel free to try it at home.  This person seems to have left the nightstick at home, and he’s not interacting with anyone approaching, unlike the 2008 incident in which the two men actively intimidated the reporter.  This may appear intimidating to people, but it’s not a case of illegal voter intimidation to stand outside a polling station in a beret.  As Casey Stengel really did say, you can look it up.

On the other hand, as Mary Katharine has reported in our Green Room, the Democratic machine has tried to muscle Republican election observers out of the voting stations.  Fortunately a judge has intervened in that dispute, but it shows just how bare-knuckled these fights get on the ground, perhaps especially in Philadelphia.  Republicans would do better to keep an eye on Democrats rather than the NBPP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

You chose foolish words foolishly. You played right into the race baiters hands. You should walk it back.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Yup, we’re just all going to pretend that davidk’s super racist post didn’t happen. Right? That’s the plan? Just let me know if that’s officially the plan.

libfreeordie

He’s been called on it already. But your racism for some reason is deemed acceptable. You’re one of the biggest racists here, and you should have been booted for it months ago.

xblade on November 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM

RepubChica on November 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I agree with your whole post. I think what is particularly troubling is the way the psychological benefit of seeing a black man in the White House (and yes I was giddy and happy as a kid on election night, it mattered to me in some fundamental way) has done too much to neuter black folks critiques of how the economy screws us. Last hired, first fired was absolutely at play in this past recession. That said, the GOP’s attack on public sector employment is hard to not see in racial terms, that’s an area where black people have historically made the greatest gains economically. Which is why I also cast a side-eye at the hatred of government workers. Like, if you’ve ever dealt with Comcast can you actually say the DMV is worse than dealing with large corporations, but for some reason people just *hate* to deal with the state.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

The better comparison would be something like a member of the Constitution party or the Minutemen showing up at the polls in Arizona. As long as folks didn’t have their guns on them, it would be fine.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

What about States where concealed and/or open carry is leagal? As long as they were following the law, a white or black dude carrying an AR-15 or Saturday Night Special shouldn’t be intimdation.

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

“Only sheltered/ignorant white cons would compare NBPs to the KKK… ”

Let’s look at the Southern Poverty Law Centre’s “30 New Activists Heading Up the Radical Right and see who we might find:

1. Malik Zulu Shabazz, leader of the NBPP, Black Nationalist/Separatist

2. David Duke, Knights of the Klu Klux Klan, White Nationalist

3. John Weaver, Neo-Confederate

4. Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, White Nationalist

5. Kyle Rogers, White Nationalist

6. Kevin MacDonald, White Nationalist

7. Alex Linder, Neo-Nazi

8. Randal Lee Krager, Neo-Nazi Skinhead

9. Michael Hill, League of the South, Neo-Confederate

10. Morris Gulett, Neo-Nazi

11. Kevin DeAnna, White Nationalist

12. Don Black, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, White Supremacist

13. Virginia Abernethy, White Nationalist

Correction: “Only the Southern Poverty Law Centre would compare NBPs to the KKK… “

FIFY~gratis.

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

rogerb likes to post others comments in ways that emphasize some internal contradiction or hypocrisy…

libfreeordie on November 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

___

So did we finally lose Uppereastside the other day?

rogerb on August 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Was he banned? What a shame. Does anyone know the thread?

libfreeordie on August 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM

The one I linked to. The one you had to copy when you copied/pasted the quote. You’re a teacher, right?

And holy cow. “What a shame”? You’re making a pre-emptive defense simply because he’s on your political side? Enjoy:

Well done. Way to pick ‘em.

rogerb on August 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM

New hotness:

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Same questionable word in both, btw.

rogerb on November 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

This thread has gotten boring.

KMC1 on November 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

There was that embarassing display from people trying to use MLK as a conservative a few days back. I pity you.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

MLK was a hell of a lot more conservative than most contemporary American blacks.

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Just curious…is hate an allowable emotion in your world? Serious question…not loaded.

ClassicCon on November 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Are you asking me if I’m hateful? Are you asking if the state should regulate hatred? Are you asking me if I think all humans must be immune to hatred?

1. I’m imperfect, so I’ve probably harbored angry or vindictive feelings at points in my life. This makes me non-unique I think.

2. No.

3. No.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

This can not be repeated enough. It can. not. be. repeated enough. A black man in a beret standing in public is only a threat if *you* imagine it, he is not an inherent threat or intimidating factor. Please check where your fear comes from.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hope you feel the same about the SEALS!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Why isn’t that guy staring down the business end of a 9mm?

jrfromdallas on November 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Absolutely insane. And this is condoned by O, and specifically by the Attorney General. Insane insane insane. We need to give this wide media and web play NOW (today!).
Revenge!

anotherJoe on November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

libfreeordie

I’m curious, seriously, how do you explain the hateful, hurtful things that are said or done to those people who dare cross the racial divide? ie. “Uncle Toms”, Aunt Jamimas”, and MUCH, MUCH worse. And black leaders that claim someone is not “black enough”, etc.
Why do you continue to let such people speak for you, if indeed, you want unity?

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

When I see that stuff I think its fair to say…race matters in the way some Americans view this election. I’m not even saying its about “hatred” which is unproductive, but that its a factor.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Why would you attribute it to racial matters and not Obama’s many failures? In his own words, Obama told people to vote for the other guy if he didn’t fix the economy within his first term. In his own words, he said he was happy to be a one-termer if he got health care reform passed.

Well, we’re in the midst of our weakest “recovery” ever from a recession, and healthcare got passed. I’d say it’s perfectly legitimate for any dissatisfied Obama voters from 08 to switch sides without courting unfair allegations of racism from the likes of you, libby.

No, it’s actually really easy to see in non-racial terms. Public-sector employment is inefficient and insulated from market forces that help achieve some measure of ‘fairness’ in the private sector.

Again, you tell people it’s “their problem” if they see a threat from a black man outside of a polling place, but then you use your x-ray specs to spot racist motives in EVERY OTHER POLICY POSITION that you happen to oppose. Do you see why none of us take you seriously except as a semi-intelligent sparring partner?

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Yep, when racism from a black becomes too obvious and too much for the race grievance industry to defend, they simply reassign that person to the political right! Isn’t that convenient?

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM

2. No.

3. No.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

It’s too bad you won’t be passing down your genes, and I mean that sincerely. Your intellectual phenotype could do a world of good were it passed to someone lacking the Atlas-sized chip on your shoulder.

But you’re already too deeply stewed in this self-constructed dichotomy of white this-black that, and I doubt you’ll ever escape it.

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

‘N-word’ seems to be the politically acceptable alternative.

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Not reading the whole thread, but IIRC this particular NBP scumbag is actually a Democrat election official.

Philly Democrats should be so proud.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

As long as proper etiquette is observed and you have the mag out. True story: did a river tour on the Zambezi back in the day and each of us was packing an AK, for obvious reasons. Every time we stopped at some kind of civilization, the host told us that it would be odd not to be walking around with the guns but to make sure we popped the mags, as it’s considered a social faux pas to enter any kind of establishment with them in…

affenhauer on November 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

the GOP’s attack on public sector employment is hard to not see in racial terms

You mean public sector unions? They’re bankrupting the states, ruining public education, etc. That has nothing to do with race. You’re projecting your own racism where there is none.

Apples and oranges. If you don’t like Comcast, you can choose another place to take your business, or not use that product at all. Freedom to choose. These market forces usually do exist in government. If there were 3 different “brands” of DMVs to choose in your area, that had to compete for customers or go out of business, would DMV service improve? Of course. Economics 101.

visions on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Here’s the thing. I don’t pretend we live in a post-racial society, that’s a right-wing mythology (and if you study our history, it was a right-wing mythology even while half the nation was living under Jim Crow). I have no problem articulating why a group of white men in white hoodies with rope would intimidate me, I can point to an actual history of actual systemic violence by white men in white hoodies. I can point to a history of state governments totally ignoring or even co-signing their violence as evidence for my fear. But conservatives claim to be “post-racial,” to “not see color” to not have any kind of racial anxieties whatsoever. And yet a black man in a beret with no weapon has people cheering for the Navy SEALs (that better?) to come kick his butt and clear him out. It proves the lie of the post-racial mythology and that’s important.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Those “white men in white hoodies” are DEMOCRATS. it was DEMOCRATS who crafted ‘Jim Crow’ laws. It was DEMOCRATS that ‘had half a nation living as slaves. It was REPUBLICANS that fought them and freed those subject people.
The history of state governments co-signing their violence were run by SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS – THE SAME PEOPLE WEARING THE HOODS.
That POS racist standing outside the polling station has as his chief belief / slogan, ‘kill whitey’. He is every bit as racist as the SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT KKK. He only lacks the numbers and positions of power to enact his sick ideology. He and ll the rest of the NBPP should be destroyed outright like the rapid dogs they are.

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Some of you seem to think that my use of a particular makes me a racist.

Like I asked the all black kids on my bus last night, “Would I be hauling all of you around if I was racist?’

They thought I was simply because, in answer to their question about who I was voting for, I said, “Romney.” See, all of you who are voting for Romney are racists.

It takes more than the use of a certain word to make some on a racist.

I have little black girls get on my bus and give me hugs. It warms my heart.

And it breaks my heart to see how some them have to live. I see real poverty every day.

If I knew of an equally offensive word for skinheads, I would use it against them.

I make no apologies in my attitude toward bullies. I gently warned a young man this morning about his dealings with another student. They are black.

You can ask my black monitor. Or the black teachers and admins at the schools to which I deliver. “Is davidk a racist?” I think they would be perplexed at the idea.

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

‘N-word’ seems to be the politically acceptable alternative.

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I understand. I did not make the rules here or anywhere for that matter. I do however know that if anyone emails Ed, davidk will be done. I am guessing here but I would think it has been emailed.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I do not think you racist. I am simply informing you that the word you used has had several commenters at this site banned. I still think you should walk it back. An apology won’t kill you, providing you mean it.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Its quite simple, they’re buttholes (except I would use a different word than butt).

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

“Let?” You act as if I have some kind of control over what other black people call black conservatives. And I might add, white liberals also have used that language as well. I might point out, however that the term “RINO” is kind of the same as “Uncle Tom” just without the ugly Antebellum slavery reference point. And yes, that antebellum slavery point matters immensely…but intellectually they kind of function in the same way.

As for unity? I’m not exactly persuaded by unity as the ultimate ends. Unity on what terms? Integration on what terms? What I’m interested in is a state that offers as even a starting gate as possible, and from there I am willing to make consequences. I’m interested in an *honest* conversation about race. When conservatives say they want an “honest” conversation about race, what they tend to mean is “I want black people to talk about the black crime, drop out and single motherhood rate. And I don’t want to talk about white racial attitudes.” To me, that’s not honest. Its almost never a genuine two way street on these questions. I also think that part of our dishonesty lies in a profound, national ignorance of the history of racism outside of the Jim Crow south. Our imaginary of “racism” has become this mythology that it all happened in the South, and it was all the Klan and it was all “those other people.” White people, I imagine, perhaps have a hard time reconciling the fact that, very likely, people they love and respect in their familieis (grandparents etc.) did super-racist things, opposed the integration of neighborhoods, fled cities to avoid living near black people, campaigned to keep black people out of unions, use horrible racist slurs etc. etc. etc. I might imagine that being a tough thing. But an “honest” conversation on race requires it. Until white folks start doing *that* and thinking honestly about their close, even intimate, relations with racist ideas its sort of never going to move forward.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

If davidk is banned and the race baiting troll libobsessedwithrace is allowed to remain after being previously banned as DeathToMediaHacks it will be a gross injustice.

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

When is the NBPP v Navy SEAL death match gonna begin?

RepubChica on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I have to agree with libfree on the “FEAR FACTOR” I would have none in regards to this man at the polling station. My concern is the legality. It seems to me he is not within the 500 feet required by law.

justonevictory on November 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

The problem is that the venue doesn’t allow for the depth of information required to make an interpretation. We can’t put biographies into signatures to give people context for the short remarks. Your original, alone, without any borders, could be taken in a few very different ways. I figured you were being hyperbolic; sounds like I was right.

Still, Morrissey and AP in particular will zap your chair faster than you can blink for an encoded N word. :) Up to you. Just mentioning.

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Libfree is defending the NBPP.
Every race thread, he’s there tying himself in knots to call us all racists.
I hope someone took away all the sharp objects, pills, and his shoelaces away from him before tonight, because he’s gonna be sputtering worse than Chris Matthews by 8 PM.

HornetSting on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I do apologize.

I would have thought the severity of the event called for equally severe language. But I see it has offended some here that, by the standards of today’s social media, are my friends.

I’ve think I’ve made my point, but at the expense of goodwill.

I do not apologize for fear of being banned. That is the least of my concern today.

I apologize for offending friends.

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Trust me I asked that the race baiter be removed several times over many moons. It is a race baiting lying coward. Here to do harm and disrupt. That alone should have had it thrown to the curb. Not to mention as you have that it has been banned before. It hangs on by parsing most of its comments just so, having been there done that.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Guess they know Holder has their back but I am hoping some Navy Seals or Army Rangers show up to stand there along side of the Black Panther. wonder who would leave first?

Amazingoly on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM

libfreeordie on November 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Old/busted:

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

New not-even-an-hour-later hotness:

You act as if I have some kind of control over what other black people call black conservatives. And I might add, white liberals also have used that language as well…

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

rogerb on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Not sure I can vote today, I’ve been grossly intimidated by a large black man as I approached a polling place in downtown Los Angeles. What should I do?

The man was approximately 6’1 and must have been wearing 10 pounds of gold jewelry, full on gangster style. You could say this man did NOT have a haircut that denoted a kind and peaceful disposition but instead wore some kind of punk mohawk that had a very intimidating effect. As I approached the poll from across the street, I couldn’t take my eyes off this obvious threat to our society. Before I could pass by, the man turned his head in my direction and said “what you lookin’ at fool”.

Of course I took off and can’t imagine going back. Here’s his photo:

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

And you idiots with you ‘high road’ trollcott nonsense are letting this scum’s lies go unchallenged….

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

The scum is now indebted to you for copying and pasting his/her lies again for another few million people to read.

He/she’s been doing this for almost two hours now and pretty much owns this thread. If he/she keeps landing whoppers with her bait she’ll never leave.

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

; ) It is understandable that in the heat of an argument with a race baiter such as that one. One can make a momentary error in word choice. I salute you for correcting the record and believe you. And davidk, on a personal note, thank you. The troll is not the only black person here.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My theory -the banning software is broken and HA is hiding that fact.

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Good day to all of you, I am heading home. May the Nation remove this stain, I call 0.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Isn’t?

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

however that the term “RINO” is kind of the same as “Uncle Tom”

No it’s not. “RINO” has nothing to do with race whatsoever. “Uncle Tom” is about how someone’s skin color should determine how they think and what they believe.

Then vote for economic liberty and school choice. The Left rejects these things, BTW.

How can you know that about millions and millions of people you’ve never met? Just because you -want- this to be true doesn’t make it so. Further, it’s 2012, not 1940. Leftists must cling to the past in order for their ideology to make sense in the present.

“White privilege” does not exist anymore. Asians have surpassed whites in every category: education, employment, income, less imprisoned, etc.

visions on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Actually, my grandparents, whom I do love and respect, weren’t allowed to live in the very house I’m typing in right now because they were Jewish. Lib, would you care to explain why so many black people in America harbor anti-Semitic feelings even though Jews were often their allies in the civil rights movement, as we had both experienced similar kinds of discrimination?

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Racist?

Bruce McQuain @McQandO

Arghhh … RT @adamserwer: Reporter on CNN just asked a voter in Florida with a USMC tattoo if he spoke English.
Retweeted by Gabriel Malor

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I guess we’ll see what happens. But if davidk disappears, especially after issuing an apology, and the already once banned race baiting troll remains I will lose a lot of respect for HA.

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Are those not legitimate issues? Why is it so hard to believe, that, together, we can examine all of those issues and more, Black or white btw, and try to work together to solve them?

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Yet, you will not stand up and say: “This person does NOT represent me!” This person is using us!

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

James Baldwin has written on this question, you should read his essay “Harlem Ghetto” its available online. Also Beryl Satter (a friend and colleague) just wrote a stunning, amazingly documented book on the contentious relationship between Jewish landlords and poor black residents in Chicago. The evidence is devastating and really speaks for itself. If you’re genuinely interested in understanding where that antipathy comes from, its called Family Properties.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Don’t fret over what may or may not happen to me.

I don’t have to getalife, I got one.

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

That HA’s problem.

They are letting a previously banned troll continue to troll here.

It’s not my job to reply to the bait, the idiocies, and the deliberate provocations they let trolls post here.

As far as I’m concerned those want to keep the trolls around should deal with them, confront them, rebut them, and argue with them.

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Gotta go and haul “my kids” around.

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

davidk on November 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Ahhh, jeez! Now you’ve done it.

You’re gonna damage poor lil liveasaslaveanddie’s soul.

Solaratov on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM

police have murdered thousands of black men

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

No facts. Just fear and loathing. So typical.

HotAirian on November 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

So when poor black residents are exploited by Jewish landlords, it’s okay when they externalize and universalize their animosity so that it applies to all Jews, but when whites are victims of black crime, it’s not okay for them to do the same thing?

Again, you don’t want equality, you want to eternally be a special, set-apart class, not expected to be fully responsible and human because, gosh darnit, we had it bad in this country and how dare you tell us we don’t deserve 40 acres, a mule and a hundred years of special treatment in academia.

James Baldwin has been dead for 25 years; I’m interested in the here and now, lib. That’s what sets us apart. You choose to permanently live your life with one foot in the Jim Crow south, whereas I have chosen to move on from the Warsaw Ghetto and Buchenwald. The past is past, and if we work hard enough, we can prevent it from becoming prologue.

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Well put

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Personally, I find engaging with trolls to be the spiritual equivalent of sticking my head down an un-limed privy.

I do not care what they say. If they are roundly ignored by the rest of us, their pariah status will be ample response.

If you engage them, you feed their sickness, gratify them, and reinforce their sick behavior. The process of engagement is self-defeating.

I urge everyone, please do not feed the trolls.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Trolls will be trolls and do what trolls do.

farsighted on November 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

And trying to interact with or engage them on an intelligent level is a lost cause.
They’re hypocrites, liars, racists and race-baiters — and as such, have no standards of honesty to which they will cleave.
They’ll tell any lie and then change it to fit whatever situation they find themselves in.

Solaratov on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Solaratov on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Good to see you today, ‘tov. What’s happenin’?

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Libfree’s biggest problem is dishonesty in dealing with racial attitudes.

If a certain stereotype is backed up by factual evidence, but is not conducive to lib’s worldview, he throws it out. For example, the steoreotype of the black urban “thug,” which is at least partially factually supported. Libfree chooses not to accept the validity of this stereotype, so if white people are afraid of a large weapon-brandishing black man in an urban setting, that’s their fault.

However, he’s perfectly willing to accept other pernicious stereotypes. In the case of the “greedy Jew,” one of Western society’s oldest and most harmful stereotypes, libree simply says “The evidence is devastating and really speaks for itself.” It’s perfectly okay for blacks to harbor anti-Semitism because of their universal application of the “greedy Jew,” but not okay for whites to harbor a fear of urban blacks because of their universal application of the “thug.”

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Accept I didn’t talk about “the greedy jew.” That’s the key difference. I didn’t engagae in a stereotype and neither does Beryl’s book. It talks about the “contentious” relationship between Jewish landlords and inner city black residents. It doesn’t reduce it to “greedy Jew” the book takes the documents, puts them before the reader and asks them to draw their own conclusions about why people did certain things.

And I feel the same way about “the urban thug.” The problem isn’t pointing out the high black crime rate. The problem is the marker “the urban thug” which doesn’t think critically about *why* there is a higher inner city crime rate, which accepts it as a factual reflection of some inherent nature. That’s the difference between racism and being honest about black crime.

And thanks for your kind comments on my intellect. But I don’t have a chip, I just see the world for what it is. A chip implies anguish and sorrow, I don’t have that.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

funny

RepubChica on November 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

shut up ‘libfree’, you lying sack of excrement.

Here’s what’s really wrong in Philly -

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Still hijacked I see. Sigh…

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Look, moron, the only way to be rid of scum like libfree is for the administrators of this waste of time to sack up and ban the POS. They aren’t going to leave on their own, they aren’t going to fade away by inattention. In several cases they are doubtless paid to be here. They aren’t going anywhere and such liars are incapable of moderating their own behaviour.

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I think I finally found a useful purpose for the few-comment daily self-promotion topics. A perfect place to call for libfree’s ouster where the clueless admins might see it.

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I’m guessing his intent is to intimidate. But I’d advise people to just laugh and walk by.

The Rogue Tomato on November 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Michael A. Nutter is the Mayor of Philadelphia.

If there are any real Journalists covering this election, I’d expect them to be rushing to interview Mayor Nutter to get his comments on why the New Black Panthers are patroling in front of polling places and why it required a Judge’s order for Republican Election Observers to be allowed to do their job in his city of Philadelphia.

wren on November 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I dunno, man, you seem to be pretty anguished about racism both real and imagined.

It’s funny because you’re actually older than me, but you remind me a lot of what I used to be like. I was certain that being Jewish made me a target, and I saw anti-Semitism pretty much everywhere. Then I realized that I was really just seeing and being frightened by shadows, reflections from the past that didn’t have any bearing on the present.

Good Solid B-Plus on November 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I disagree.

People who spend their time intentionally provoking and insulting others online are sick. Responding feeds their sickness. Stop feeding them and the problem is largely eliminated, as the experiment here has shown as long as non-engagement is observed by all.

Believe me, it was a pleasure to return to troll-free commenting.

If they’re getting paid, responding to them is money in their pocket. Why do that?

Frankly I think you have to be sick to be a troll, so if anyone is being paid to troll, they have just found a way to monetize their sociopathology.

Please do not feed the trolls.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Luckily the former Navy Seals showed up to keep the thugs in line.

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Got a link? I saw it mentioned on Twitter but I haven’t found a link yet.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM

A “chip” free life.

Tonto
Breed
Chief
You got wampum
You indians would not have lost if you did not stay drunk and smoke those dam pipes full of dope
Red Skin
Your whole family are just a bunch of drunk indians

poor little pokey puppy, got called a name…..

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I saw it on the Glen Beck site

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM

rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

You are wrong and I’m no moron. Had this troll been ignored he/she would have been gone in minutes. Watch what happens when people ignore them. It works.

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Thanks, I’ll go look.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Oh believe me, you most certainly do. You just lack the outside perspective to see it.

KMC1 on November 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Obama could have used thugs like this in Benghazi.

jrfromdallas on November 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM

A lot of people have taken Obama’s circulation within leftist circles in his youth as a way of reading a set of policies that look remarkably like mainstream Dem policies over the last 20 years.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

If nothing else, thank you for confirming that having the feds assume control of the mortgage industry, the banking industry, the student loan industry, the auto industry, and the health care industry, while regulating coal and oil towards oblivion at a time when there can be nothing but good to come from extricating ourselves from dependence on Mideast oil, running up trillions of dollars of debt with no concern whatsoever for producing a reasonable budget, alternately hyper-extending or entirely neglecting executive authority as it suits the policies of a single man, and snubbing our closest allies while coddling rogue nations that leave our embassies in flames, as being consistent with the policies of the Democrat party in the wake of Reagan.

The Schaef on November 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Did anyone notice that in all of that footage, there were no lines and only two people entered to vote.

Tater Salad on November 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM

It turns out there are several states with laws against loitering within X number of feet from the polling place.

Check out this handy mulit-state pdf

db on November 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

What outrageous mendacity. Every attribute you list, every sentence of it, are aspects of SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS in the nearly one-hundred years post the Civil War. Every damned bit of your bile, you damned liar. And you idiots with you ‘high road’ trollcott nonsense are letting this scum’s lies go unchallenged.‘post racial society’ was entirely a phony construct of the Obama campaign / Journo-Listers, packaging their blank slate candidate for legions of liberal morons to project their Hopes upon.
rayra on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Amen. It all bears repeating.

Ironically, if it wasn’t for the successful bamboozling of the Blacks by Margaret Sanger & Klanned Parenthood, there would be at least 50 million more productive Black Americans today. So yeah for PP ensuring that the NBPP lacks the numbers to enact their sick ideology…

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Hey Dummy, conservatives have always known the problem is NOT an inherent nature – beyond what is inherent in any human’s nature.

The problem lies in the dismantling of the nuclear family as foretold by Bluedog Democrat Patrick Moynihan decades ago. The “Black” problem stems from racists of the first order from within the progressive movement and perpetuated by Margaret Sanger and her merry band. If you ever want to fix the Black problem, start with the progressives and undo their flawed policies.

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

This is still going on? I come here for news, not this ….

avagreen on November 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Is that a Glock in your pocket, or are you happy to be on national tv?

Molonlabe2004 on November 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Several States have announced that U.N. election monitors must stand at least 100 – 300 feet away from the polling location; meanwhile, members of the Militant (& Criminal) New Black Panthers are allowed to stand at the door of polling locations. I wonder how quickly people who are defending their right to stand outside those doors would come to the defense of a man peacefully & calmly standing outside those same doors wearing a white hood and a sheet?! Good Grief!

easyt65 on November 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

But that’s just the point. You’re talking about grandparents (and not even necessarily my own, but I am supposed to take responsibility for something someone else’s grandpa may have done that was maybe in the same state as me) and the stuff they did half a century ago.

My generation grew up in a nascent post-racial country, going to the same schools and working the same jobs as blacks and hispanics and asians and insert-cultural-minority-here. My children were born into that world, where mixed races are as natural to them as toy-franchise Saturday-morning cartoons were to me. I thought the point of the struggles our forebears endured was to create that kind of world, where we would speak to each other as equals and not as alien others.

You talk about wanting to have an honest conversation but you do not even define that as a conversation between me and my ideals, and you and yours. Your idea of an honest conversation is to keep talking about decades-old slights, not done by me, not done to you, with no connection to me other than you assume my grandpa may have done something to your grandpa because my grandpa’s skin is a certain color, and they’re both dead and gone anyway, meaning nothing truly conciliatory can come of it even if you happen by random chance to be correct.

So what is it exactly that I’m supposed to even talk about in this “honest conversation” as you define it?

The Schaef on November 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

My definition.

Racist (noun): any American citizen of Caucasian ethnic roots who resists the One World Government movement.

(also known in the U.S. as the Progressive Movement, and the Democrat Party)

listens2glenn on November 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Wow! You are utterly full of tripe.

First, I voted for Romney because he’s not a taxing-and-spending, marxist, America-hater. The two men’s skin color had nothing to do with it. Obama does not have the slightest notion about how a capitalist economy works.

Also, black folks will have upward mobility in an economy that expands, NOT in one that shrinks or is stagnant.

Finally, I’m certain that you’d be highly offended if I were to stereotype blacks the way you’ve done whites in this thread. I don’t know any whites like those you describe.

You’re one of two things: dishonest or dumb. (I guess I have to say it, because it’s all you’re about: The previous statement has nothing to do with your race.)

PS–I will agree with Bmore. The racist n-word slur has no place in any American’s vocabulary. Also, I could probably read more of your drivel, picking it apart from asinine to inane and back again, but I can’t waste any more time on you.

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

EGADS! The way he smiled and opened the door for those two ladies was FRIGHTENING!!

greataunty on November 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM

The Schaef on November 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

THIS +1000

mom29js on November 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM

The Schaef on November 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Exactly!

JellyToast on November 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Aw, geez! All you need to lure away these Philthydelphia thugs from their vigilante vigil is a cheesesteak, a hoagie, scrapple, soft pretzels (preferably soggy), butterscotch Tastykakes and Taylor Prok Roll.

CatchAll on November 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM

WOW, looks like that one dude intimidated all of the republican voters in every key race.
VOTER FRAUD…BENGHAZI!!
FAST AND FURIOUS!!

greataunty on November 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Let’s face it, shall we …
Whites are wimps when confronted with a woofin’ urban refugee.
Get a backbone, Anglos, or say goodbye to any rights you think you possess.
~(Ä)~