Romney up 92K in OH early voting? Update: Gannett pulls link; Update: EV up 14% in 2008 McCain counties, down in Obama counties; Update: Gannett “regrets the error”

posted at 9:21 am on November 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Update: The data is still up at the Gannett site, but they’ve pulled the link from the front page.  Justin Higgins says that OH won’t release EV data separately:

Original post follows, but if this turns out to be wrong, Gannett may have some explaining to do about why they put it up on their website’s front page.

Update II: Via MKH, Cook Report’s Dave Wasserman crunched the numbers and figures the GOP has achieved parity in Ohio early voting:

Update III: Since I owe you some good news on this topic, here’s Josh Kraushaar, via John Nolte:

That’s a huge enthusiasm advantage.

Update IV: Gannett finally issued a retraction and an apology:

A Cincinnati.com front-page link to a chart with dummy data, created as a design template for election results, was inadvertently posted early Tuesday morning.

It purported to show early voting totals in Ohio counties. However, no votes have been counted yet – by law counting doesn’t start until the polls close.

Cincinnati.com regrets the error.

======================

So says Gannett’s Cincinnati.com, which has the data from the state government posted at its site this morning. I put the question mark on the data because I don’t see anything up yet at the Ohio Secretary of State’s website, but occasionally the media will get updates prior to the website. According to the data, Mitt Romney already has 697,143 votes before the polls opened a couple of hours ago, while Barack Obama only has 605,546, a difference of almost 92,000 votes.  The data is time-stamped at 2:03 ET this morning, and the link on the front page of the site reads, “Early voters: How Ohio has voted.”

A few counties have not yet reported any early-voting results, but one county in particular looks huge.  Cuyahoga, which includes Cleveland, should be a Democratic stronghold, and perhaps the one area where Democratic early-voting efforts should have produced their biggest lead.  Instead, Romney has a lead of about 14,000 votes already, 127,570 to 113,373.  In Hamilton County, where Cincinnati itself is located, Romney leads by over 5,000, 29,969 to 24,808.  A quick scan of the data shows Romney leading in every county with more than 25,000 EVs.

This may be a very big deal, if these numbers are correct.  Obama had a big lead in EVs before Election Day in 2008, which allowed him to withstand the GOP’s better turnout on the day itself.  Frankly, Team Romney might have been thrilled to be trailing by 92K at this juncture.  To be ahead in early voting portends a big Republican turnout in the Buckeye State, and perhaps an early night for all of us.  We’ll see, but this is the first indication of unforeseen Romney strength in this election.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

In 2008, 67% of the electorate voted. In 2000, 68% of the electorate votes and is the highest participation in US history. If the turnout models are correct, if we pass 70%, this is bad news for the incumbent. I have 200+ years of election history to prove my point.

jjnco73 on November 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM

2000 – 50.4
2004 – 56.2
2008 – 61.6

runner on November 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I saw those lines myself on the way to work at 6:45 or so. I’ll go back around 10, hopefully between that rush and the lunch rush.

MNHawk on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I’d like a republican/conservative landslide as an early christmas present.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I’d like the same as a birthday present (And if anyone asks, I’m not going to shut up about the election being on my birthday! :P
The last time they coincided was 1984. Here’shoping for a similar result, with Romney as Reagan and Obozo as Mondale!)

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

No excitement in Red Kansas, so please, everyone in battle ground states, please keep us posted on your experience with the voting lines in your states.

bopbottle on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

First in line to vote this morning. Surprised I was alone until 6:55. And then the flood gates opened. Go Mitt.

Philly on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Voted R/R @ 0910 just west of Allentown, PA.
#550
Parking lot full, but moving nicely. In and out quickly.
This precinct usually polls about 1600 votes.
Will exceed that!

dirtengineer on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think that we may have found a true hockey stick graph????/

ted c on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Josh Kraushaar @HotlineJosh

Overall, early vote turnout OH up 2.44% in state. Down -4.1% in Obama/Kerry counties; up 14.39% in Bush/McCain counties.

Obama is in deep doodoo.

Doughboy on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

MNHawk on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I was the first vote cast – I told them I should get at least a balloon.

Crossing fingers for a shock result tonight. It would be so liberating to finally actually go red for once in my lifetime.

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

and again

on a side note. They showed this video at our church yesterday and I found it very moving and very much the meat of the discussion.

Kagan on November 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Voted R/R in NJ. Unfortunately a couple yoots with their pants almost down to their knees and their boxers in full display were also there voting (but were given provisional ballots apparently).

Vote the bums out of office now. It may be the last chance before 47% turns into 53% and forevermore turns the US into Greece or the UK.

smfic on November 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Get off that couch and vote!

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I will, I will. The polls aren’t open yet up here.

upinak on November 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I was voter #83 in my town. Lines were picking up as I left.

Turtle317 on November 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Ted C gets 2 thread winners.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM

FWIW…

@IngrahamAngle OH Gov. @JohnKasich says Romney is going to win his state by a good margin

kevinkristy on November 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM

You heard it right here from yours truly first!

Breaking news analysis at the speed of an Obama 3-wood fairway drive!

Glenn Jericho on November 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Remember that Cuyahoga County is under suspicion for fraud, with voters registering multiple times last cycle. So they’re being observed and the voting chief seemed pretty scared on a TV show lately. We’re behaving, don’t take my job!

So without the fraud, it’s probably Romney country today!

PattyJ on November 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM

we would be bordering on Reagan vs Mondale territory.

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I’ll take that ;)

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM

My 85 year old mother-in-law, a “birthright Democrat” who’d never voted before, just went and voted for Romney in Philadelphia. She was so nervous because she didn’t know how to vote, but she was determined to cast her vote. Go Mom!!

Trafalgar on November 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM

God bless her for her courage and for her contribution to saving our great nation! :)

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

The numbers are wrong.

The odds of Romney having a lead in Cuyahoga is clinically insane.

budfox on November 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM

And wanting to give the rat-eared wonder an unfettered four years more is sane and rational? I predict an atomic variation of the Bradley Effect in places like Cuyahoga County. People will say they support Obama but will vote for Romney. And it isn’t about race, it is about getting rid of the socialist.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM

And that “Bradley Effect” nonsense that was disproven in 08 is why I’m here. The numbers are wrong…people are lying to pollsters…blah, blah blah. 08 revisited…

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Obama is in deep doodoo.

Doughboy on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Given the allegedly recondite nature of the man’s intellect, I would say Obama is “deep doodoo”.

M240H on November 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

That’s got to be test data. It’s simply not possible for Romney to be leading in Cuyahoga and Mahoning counties in early voting.

EddieC on November 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Trafalgar on November 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Give her a hug for us. God bless y’all.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Great….Great day.
Been waiting for this day since January of 2009.
…we will be celebrating a new President when all is said and done.

…….and to all the naive people who feel for the “Hope and Change” jive of 2008….
…………we don’t want to hear any apologies or excuses….just fix your mistake at the voting booth so that we can get some competent leadership in the White House.

Baxter Greene on November 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I have voted, but doing a drive by, the initial reaction was, Obama is in trouble, and no worries for Romney, in Wilmington, NC…parking lot full, and full of cars with bumper stickers Romney/Ryan…and a lot of others stickers not so complimentary to Obama.

A new one, I hadn’t seen:

Obama, Biden of more than he can chew

right2bright on November 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

EddieC on November 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

based on what ?

runner on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Obama, Biden off more than he can chew

right2bright on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Gumby.. you’re here because Axelrod is paying you.

BTW.. will someone please finally ban this little snot?

Illinidiva on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

EddieC on November 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Says who??

right2bright on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Polls just opened here, I think. As soon as 3rd period is over I’m jetting across campus to do my part (small though it typically is in CA).

Bob's Kid on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I was the first vote cast – I told them I should get at least a balloon.

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Congratulations! You won the Voting Bishop award!!! :D

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Voted this morning in eastern Cleveland suburb of Beachwood. This area goes 3 to 1 democratic normally (not sure this year since it is Josh Mandel’s home town). In 2008 there was 40-50 people in line, this year, it was less than 5. I voted at the same time as the last election. The city is heavily Jewish and there is just no enthusiasm compared to four years ago.

clevbrian19d on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I’m in New York. My vote doesn’t count for anything. I voted anyway (#92), and my husband cancelled it by his vote. Oh well.

JoAnn1965 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Just voted for Mitt in Licking County Ohio… parking lot was PACKED,… unusual for us this early in the morning. Effecient,.. in and out in ten minutes, though even with a picture ID, some addled old dimwit biddy tried to block my vote, because my address didn’t match on my ID..

right,sure lady…… a valid picture ID,.. and I HAD to be faking it to vote.. but no ID and a printout gas bill is fine?

I had three forms of ID, and she still squawked.. her supervisor set her straight…

and I cast a vote for Mitt..

and Josh Mandell…..

Screw the left, this is my state.. they can’t have it.

mark81150 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I was #7 in my little town. Sat down next to Karl and got my ballot from Karen. Voting fraud isn’t a big issue here.

ndalager on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

bopbottle on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Same here. I think the whole state of Texas voted early. The last election excitement we had was Cruz winning the primary against Dewhurst.

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I’d like a republican/conservative landslide as an early christmas present.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I’ll take it as a gift for the next ten years.

This is a red rider bb gun that will put the donkey’s eye out.

NoDonkey on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Just voted in Delaware OH (normally very red) line longer than it was in 2004 – 2010. I never had to wait this long to vote.

good sign!

SV650S on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Could be current counts – Jay Cost assumed Obama up a little over 100,000K votes after early voting – assuming the early voters went the way we expect. However, if the break is less Obama than assumed (what about Indies) then it could be less. This of course is way off of Obama’s ’08 effort.

If we are getting heavy turnout today – that will more than likely be good news for Romney, meaning Obama cannibalized his day of voters for the early voting build. On election day itself Ohio will go GOP – the more votes there, the better it will be for Romney.

Zomcon JEM on November 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

My brother texted me from western Cleveland burbs. Had to wait over 30 mins. at 6:30 am

Animal60 on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

mark81150 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Thank you. God only knows what’s happening in Memphis (Detroit South).

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Gumby.. you’re here because Axelrod is paying you.

BTW.. will someone please finally ban this little snot?

Illinidiva on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

These guys typically leave after the election…he will hang around and be ridiculed all day, than post a few times the next couple of days…than leave.

It happens every election…just like all the Mittwitt Mormons who were on this site for months thumping for Mitt, and you haven’t seen 90% of them since he won the nomination…

right2bright on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Congratulations! You won the Voting Bishop award!!! :D

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Oh my gosh I did. Dang it I should have yelled Bishop at my polling place.

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Obama had an 11 point RCP avg in 2008. He won by 7. (Underperformed by -4). Um, even a Bradley effect during the Hopey Changey days.

kevinkristy on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

JoAnn1965 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

no, yours cancelled out his, good job !

runner on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

That would be like Romney leading in Philly in early voting. If that data was real he’d win Ohio by 20+ points.

EddieC on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Hahahahaa! I just got a popup asking me who I’d vote for if the election was held today…ummm…it IS today, and my voting choice hasn’t changed since the convention, folks. This is the only poll that counts, ladies and gentlemen.

Bob's Kid on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Chik-Fli-A

No one will see you coming. No one thought that they could sell out of a days supply of Chicken at 3pm but in some places they did and it took until noon the next day to get more.

tjexcite on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I was not a big fan of thr Trollcott but wil abide by it. The threads been much more readable since some of you folks started it. Tomorrow may be a different story though.

VegasRick on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Voted R/R 6:30 this mor, I was number 14 to cast a ballot at my polling place….fingers, toes, everything X`ed

NY Conservative on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Thank you. God only knows what’s happening in Memphis (Detroit South).

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

12 people have already been trampled to death; they thought the line was for free ObamaPhones.

Bishop on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

EV up 14% in 2008 McCain counties, down in Obama counties

Former Bush/McCain voters anxious to vote for their beloved President Obama.
Obama voters disillusioned with their candidate, who moved too far to the extreme right. Still voting Obama.

Obama in a landslide!
Obamaobamaobamaobamaobamaobamaobamaobama!

-GumbyPokeyJarJar

Glenn Jericho on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Just voted in suburban Chicago. I talked to two BO/2008 voters–they crossed over to Romney this time : )
The place was packed, normally I can just walk in and vote, even in 2008. Not today–they split the lines by first/second half of the alphabet–a first.

Hot diggity!

herm2416 on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Just got back from voting. A lot of people there, longest line I’ve ever seen in 30 some years. I waited in line for 45 minutes. Now I know that would be negligible in some areas but consider that the longest wait I’ve ever had in the past is about 10 minutes. The line was the same length when I left as it was when I got there. Continuous stream of people in and out.

Oldnuke on November 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Screw the left, this is my state.. they can’t have it.

mark81150 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

A true American. Keep up the fight, Mark!

Turtle317 on November 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Josh Kraushaar@HotlineJosh
6 Nov 12
That’s a huge enthusiasm advantage.

Yeah, but it doesn’t actually matter if those Bush McCain counties are less populous. In fact, isn’t it more likely that the change percentage in counties will be higher if they are more rural? A 1% change in a populous Obama county is greater than a 1% change in a McCain rural county. So 14 to -6 doesn’t mean precisely what you think it means.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Oh my gosh I did. Dang it I should have yelled Bishop at my polling place.

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Awwwww….I think I’m going to cry.

Bishop on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

upinak on November 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE!!!

lovingmyUSA on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Tomorrow may be a different story though.

VegasRick on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I imagine it will go away this evening, along with the trolls.

cozmo on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Obama is in deep doodoo.
Doughboy on November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

At least he’s used to the smell….

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Bishop on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hizzoner, AC Wharton, has the City Attorneys on standby, so no one will get disenfranchised. And, they can all vote, using their Library Card as ID.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

good sign!

SV650S on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Delaware, Ohio? Wasn’t that the birthplace of President Hayes?

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Kagan on November 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That video was a little too subtle for me! ;0

Seriously, nice to watch these children and not those creepy singing children.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Just voted in Texas. #77 at 8 a.m. (one hour after polling opened). Very red district. Only 4 races had Dems. Considered voting straight Repub to save time, but honestly, it was more satisfying to click that button by Romney/Ryan!

UnderstandingisPower on November 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

The liberal machine will do anything and say anything in an attempt to suppress the Romney vote. Do not believe their television taking head’s projections or vote tallies, The left is ruthless and nothing they say must be allowed to influence your attitudes, beliefs or your voting behavior.

rplat on November 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Not only is the turnout lower in Ohio Dem counties, but the mix is more Republican than in ’08 as well.

For instance, in Cuyahoga Co. (Cleveland), the early votes have gone from a 41% Dem advantage, to a 32% Dem advantage. In that county alone, it could net an additional 20,000+ votes for Romney vs. 2008.

And that doesn’t take into account a swing in the independent vote. If as the polls suggest, independents are breaking for Romney, it could swing thousands of additional votes outside of the votes from D’s & R’s.

Vyceloch on November 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

JoAnn1965 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Well that’s as good a reason for having a constant “headache” as I’ve ever heard. ;-)

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE!!!

lovingmyUSA on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thanks, it is nice to see some of the old gang. :)

upinak on November 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I know Ed’s trying to drive traffic to HA today, but fortheloveofgod, you cannot follow OH in the pattern or else someone is going to have a stroke.

As I’ve said for the past months…

The exurban counties are going to offset the Obama ones. That’s what we’re apparently seeing in the EV totals.

That has to hold, so it becomes a fight for the ‘burbs. Then, Romney should win because it’s then the subrurban rings where Obama has lost most of his steam.

As reported on FNC this morning, Romney is going to Clev today to make a GOTV for those very suburban counties.

That said, you’ve got very good weather today, so Obama GOTV effort will be in full effect.

Now, the smartest insight I’ve heard in the past week was from Gingrich on Great last night.

He pointed out that many Southern OH voters in coal counties will be registered Dems, but the polling shows they’re going Romney.

OTOH, the Northwest is going to have a good amount or R’s that are auto industry who are assumed to be voting Obama.

So that’s the confusion we’re heading into tonight.

You can’t really follow Party ID. It’s Russian Roulette.

We could be cheering massive R turnout numbers, only to find it’s all from the Toledo areas.

budfox on November 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

and I cast a vote for Mitt..

and Josh Mandell…..

Screw the left, this is my state.. they can’t have it.

mark81150 on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Love the story. One of the reasons I love coming here to HA ia all of the first hand accounts of things that are going on out there.

VegasRick on November 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

In NC, if you vote straight ticket, you still had to vote for president seperately.

A straight ticket vote in NC is not a vote for Romney.

Don’t worry. I got it right.

Turtle317 on November 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Just a reminder, the TROLLCOTT is in effect all day. Unless you want all of the threads today to be overrun by the drivel from the clay poll dancer.

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Hmmmm….

TeaTrekkie on November 6, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Gumby.. you’re here because Axelrod is paying you.

BTW.. will someone please finally ban this little snot?

Illinidiva on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

TROLLCOTT, please.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 10:12 AM

right2bright on November 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

COOL ! My niece is a GOP observer in Wilmington !
:-)

pambi on November 6, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

She better be cute or I’m not putting a dollar bill in her garter….

Turtle317 on November 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

From Twitchy:

New Black Panthers also in Ohio; Reports of Navy SEALs heading to Ohio, Pa. to guard against voter intimidation

Take that, you proggy a$$hats…

OkieDoc on November 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Have never seen the polls so active here in our little Massachusetts town – from 7 til I left at 9:30 from manning the Republican table. Local police say they are hearing similar results across Massachusetts (Note: they were supporting the Republicans!!).

Don’t have much hope for Presidential election due to the overwhelming Demorats in the Commonwealth, but hopeful we will at least defeat Warren. Had several Obama voters stop by to say they split their votes and voted for Scott Brown. Hoping that also means more Congressional races may turn to the Republican’s also.

Fingers and toes crossed and prayers said that this turnout helps the Republicans, but I have to hope all you in the rest of the country win this for us. This damn state is unfortunately a lost cause.

unaffiliated on November 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Didn’t you ‘fess up to being paid to come here?

How much does a hack get nowadays?

EnglishRogue on November 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

BTW.. will someone please finally ban this little snot?

Illinidiva on November 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

You didn’t hear about TROLLCOTT. Gumby is to be ignored all day. Not only shouldn’t this lifeless, lying Axeltroll be responded to, but we’d all best scroll past every one of his predictable posts.

We will be rid of Gumby for good soon enough.

Right Mover on November 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Just returned from voting here in Lake County, IL where I waited one hour in line. My wife voted last Saturday and was in line for over 90 minutes. Lots of energy here amongst our neighbors for Romney and Ryan despite this being a “blue” state. Felt good giving Obozo my middle finger. Many of our neighbors feel the same way. I’m one of those who “walked over broken glass” to get there as I had rotator cuff surgery last week and can’t yet drive.

ChicagoBlues on November 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

How are you holding up dear lady?

CoffeeLover on November 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I’m in CA and the mood here is much different than in 2008. Back then Obama bumper stickers and yard signs were every where. Now virtually nothing. If it weren’t for the state proposition commercials you wouldn’t know it’s election day. Actually the wife said in the past day or two she’s seen several R/R commercials on TV. Nope hope for giving R/R our EV’s but perhaps we’ll get enough conservative turnout to defeat all those proposed tax increases and stick it to Gov. Jerry Brown.

Couldn’t sleep last night. It felt like Christmas eve with me hoping that Uncle Mitt saw the Red Ryder BB gun I circled in the Sears catalog. Presents under the tree this morning but my parents won’t let us open gifts until all the relatives come over and we have lunch…

SPCOlympics on November 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

EddieC on November 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Mahoning surprises me more than Cuyahoga. Mahoning is still dependent on GM because of the Lordstown plant, but Cuyahoga has been bleeding big time. It could become another Detroit. Still, Mahoning is affected by the coal issue somewhat and they’re in bad shape financially too. Remains to be seen.

Will be going to vote after lunch hour, probably about 1:30 or so here in PA. Then off to the orthodontist so will be miserable all night, except for the fact Romney will win. Will let you know where we’re at as far as voter counts, etc. later today then.

Deanna on November 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Y’all need to slow down some. Not only will y’all be worn out before lunch, but its moving too fast for me to follow and be able to tease the Libertarians in the other thread.

cozmo on November 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Voted this morning in Greene County, Ohio, (East of Dayton). Normally red. 35 minute wait when the polls opened, lines were even longer behind me. More crowded then ’08.

NavyBlue on November 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM

If you guys want a laugh look at the intrade odds 72% for Obama.

Oil Can on November 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I live in a safe Romney state and gladly cast my vote for Romney/Ryan early this morning. However, the lines were very long even in the very conservative precinct. People are simply fed up with Obama.

Cautiously optimistic that this is going to be a very good day for our country as we throw the liberal bums out. Can’t wait for the returns to come in tonight.

Come on swing states. We’re counting on you to do the right thing – including getting the Senate back to a GOP majority.

conservativemusician on November 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Delaware, Ohio? Wasn’t that the birthplace of President Hayes?

Yes it is

SV650S on November 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

inconceivable:

Dr. Demento on November 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

O won Cuyahoga 69-31 in ’08.

EddieC on November 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Awwwww….I think I’m going to cry.

Bishop on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Did bruce call?

VegasRick on November 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

How are you holding up dear lady?

CoffeeLover on November 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

By my fingernails. Literally feeling sick to my stomach this morning from tension. But, I will get through it.

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Hahahahahaha! Sounds more like grounds for a divorce to me…. ;)

kcd on November 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Is Gumby going to be allowed to troll all day long?

Today would be a great day to pull out the Zot gun.

kevinkristy on November 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

If posters could just restrain themselves from responding by cutting and pasting troll filth downthread, we might not even notice their pitiful mewlings.

Will power people!

slickwillie2001 on November 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM

No, RCP had Obama by 7. And he won by 7.

agirlacamera on November 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM

The FACTS are that Obama in absolute vote margin significantly underperformed his margins this time around. The other FACT is that the dems lost almost 400,000 registrations in their key counties from last time. How many of those they cuold find and re-register who knows. Obama’s early vote lead – is 50% or more less than last time. Huge GOP turnout will overcome that.

Regarding NW Ohio and auto bailout. Clearly the bailout wasn’t popular as GM floor traffic is still down and they are underperforming the auto market in general. Rumor is their sales increase noted in lasst quarter was totally based upon pushouts to dealers, not actual final sales which were flat. There is no polling to suggest Ohio GOP were good with the bailout – it is anecdotal.

Zomcon JEM on November 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Gannett officially calls the data fake. Allah, you gotta pull this blog down asap.

cdog0613 on November 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM