Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on November 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Hurricane Sandy has devastated the most populous city in the nation. FEMA has struggled to deliver supplies and relief. Another nor’easter will bear down on the same area starting tomorrow. Where will the President be when it hits? On a basketball court in Chicago:

The president will observe his most time-honored Election Day ritual.

Former White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, who has joined the campaign on its final day to travel with President Obama, said his former boss sent an e-mail to his former personal aide, Reggie Love, to start organizing his regular pickup basketball game in Chicago for Tuesday.

Take it away, Katie Pavlich:

It might be a better idea for Obama to handle the ongoing Hurricane Sandy crisis instead. After all, thousands of freezing Americans with no electricity, water or heat, isn’t exactly “optimal.”

But … wasn’t that photo-op last week?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Barry got his photo-op pictures in the Northeast, now it’s back to Barry’s NUMBER ONE priority.

Barry.

GarandFan on November 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

There was a longish line at the precinct this morning but it was orderly. Got through the whole process of getting there, standing in line, presenting ID, and voting in less than one-half hour. It’s cold here this morning in Central Virginia – in the mid thirties. I hope those folks in the NE being ignored by the current president are faring well with the help of state and local agencies as well as NGO groups like churches and synagogues. It’s very cold when you have no coat and no warm place to sit and no hot fluids to drink.

ExpressoBold on November 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Flora Duh

___________

I might have missed any updates on your sister.
How is she, if you don’t mind me asking?

bailey24 on November 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Bath House Barry is going home to roost.

Naturally Curly on November 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I’m gonna post this again ’cause it felt so good the first time!

This is one Canadian who truly loves America. I love your Constitution, your strength, compassion, generosity, courage and your love of country. I love that you have Canada’s back as well as the backs of freedom loving people everywhere. You truly are the bright shining city on the hill. God Bless You All and go get ‘em RR!

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Very cool…..:)

SHARPTOOTH on November 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

PBHO: Nero fiddles while Rome burns…

Khun Joe on November 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Hey, Canada! We love you right back.

Washington Nearsider on November 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

One of the things that help keep me sane is watching old movies. I just noticed that on AMC they have scheduled The Manchurian Candidate this morning.

How appropriate.

tru2tx on November 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Reports of Black Panthers at polling place in Cleveland, Ohio.

bailey24 on November 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Thanks for asking. Quadruple bypass to begin at 2 this afternoon.

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Here’s hoping that today’s expression at the polling place dwarfs the outpouring of support for Chick-Fil-A

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

You have GOT to be kidding me! With all the problems on the East Coast, this goof is playing basketball?!!!!!!!

pilamaye on November 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Trust me, they wouldn’t want him “helping”.

mr.blacksheep on November 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM

How appropriate.

tru2tx on November 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Seems about four years too late to me! Actually, I think the movie that sums up the last four years perfectly is The Candidate about a guy who is great at campaigning but doesn’t have a clue what to do after he wins a seat in the Senate. Sound like a certain rat-eared individual we know?

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, we’ve been blitzed with last-minute ads and rallies.

It’s going to be close, but I think Romney may just scrape out a win.

Actually, there are quite a few immigrant Californians here, who, so far, haven’t made much headway in californicating the place. Maybe they’ve learned their lesson, and all the lefties went to Oregon and Washington…

mr.blacksheep on November 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Mitt Romney on local talk radio stressing how important Virginia is to victory. Discounted the possibility of holding a beer summit early in his Presidency! :(

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM

pilamaye on November 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM

It’s his “tradition” that guarantees a win.

Yes, apparently he is that superstitious.

Wethal on November 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Happy Election Morning Everybody…

May God Bless Americans voting to restore Competency & Honor to the Presidency and Congress and Local Elective Offices throughout the United States.

May the Holy Spirit guide the conscience of each and every voter to preserve our liberties and preserve our nation as she is uniquely blessed by your Grace.

May God Bless and keep our soldiers in their mission.

May God Bless and give strength to our veterans and our elder generation to whom we rely on for the wisdom of their experience and the diligence of their service to community and give clear minds to our youngest voters experiencing for the first time this honorable privilege of civic participation that binds us together as Americans.

May God open the hearts and minds of each and every sworn law and election official to act with sound judgment and perform their office according to the law.

May God Bless and guide each candidate whether they win or lose, their families and their election teams.

May God grant sober and fair restraint to the media announcing election results.

May God bless and keep those who execute with honor the pursuit of the truth to inform their fellow citizens and restore a free and responsible press whether they be traditional or new media.

Lord, Grant us peace of mind and preserve us from violence and intimidation while we perform our civic duty.

Give us the strength of purpose to overturn and correct the error of intrinsic evil that was deceptively forced upon citizens and corrupted the hearts and minds of many.

Grant us your mercy and give us what we need to help and encourage our neighbors who need it so we can rebuild this nation and get her back on a road to recovery.

Amen.

God Bless America.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM

What, No Vote for REVENGE!

I’m kind of disappointed in that. I was sure that Ed was saving that for today.

Me and the misses already voted, long lines but they moved rather quickly. The mood was upbeat and by my observation and how folks were speaking I’d say that in my town in NH it looks good for Mitt! The monitors were very diligent in reminding folks to show there ID, if not they had a separate location for filling out the required affidavit. Only saw a few going that way, one guy in particular was being vocal about it, trying to stir the pot (voter suppression etc.) Most folks around me at the time laughed at him, good sign. I listened to Disturbed’s Conflict
on the way in, sample of lyrics;

You are, enemy
You are my hated enemy
I am enemy
Number one rated enemy
I’m labeled enemyI am your mortal enemy
My actions enemy
Make me your bitter enemy

What can I say, I’m a Metal Head from way back, it put me in the proper frame of mind!

Let’s do this!

D-fusit on November 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Just got back from voting. Lines not to long. Surrounded by alot of my Liberal neighbors in line.

Tim Horton is giving out free doughnuts if you can prove you voted. No stickers at my polling area. No doughtnut, : (

No Obama phones either. I asked. The senior ladies doing the sign in process giggled at my question.

Keep that sense of humor everyone.

mechkiller_k on November 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Prayers for you and your family!

D-fusit on November 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM

…regular pickup basketball game…

So now he and Reggie are out cruisin?

OkieDoc on November 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I’m gonna post this again ’cause it felt so good the first time!

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I remember when you posted this last time! And as with the last you posted it, I’m going to respond with… THANK YOU! As an American, it feels good to hear someone say that, especially someone from Canada… a country that has been a good neighbor for a long time! And in a troubled world like ours, to have such a close ally and friend among countries is something special! Thank you, and know that many here also pray for your country as well as ours! God bless!

dominigan on November 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I voted around 8am in Ohio… and the lines were longer than normal… and I think that bodes well for Romney. Take heart conservatives.

dominigan on November 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Love you back (except for the round bacon and retarded zip codes).

Canadian troops in Afganistan were outstanding.

Fom sea to sea…

Marine WX on November 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Jeez, even Carter stayed in the Oval Office until the last possible minute to monitor the Iran hostage situation.

E-I-P-C
F-I-A-L

Nutstuyu on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

“Organized” pickup game? No organization is necessary for a pickup game – just show up at the court and you play with whoever is available. Why doesn’t Obama call Reggie Love to organize his next (first?) cabinet meeting or maybe a meeting with Boehner.

Bernfp on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

So now he and Reggie are out cruisin?

OkieDoc on November 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

They just installed some new “courts” at Barry’s favorite Chicago bathhouse.

Nutstuyu on November 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

PBHO: Nero fiddles while Rome burns…

Khun Joe on November 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I think the technical term, for Chicago bathhouses, is “diddle”.

Nutstuyu on November 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

..last OOTD?

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Lame-duckism of the day? Or is it Lame-duckerism of the day?

Ditkaca on November 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

E-I-P-C
F-I-A-L

What? I just checked in with some MSNBC show, and some black congresswoman was crowing about the wonderful leadership demonstrated in the Sandy storm by our POTUS. She didn’t even have to mention Ann Coulter’s offensive lineman in New Jersey.

I’m not certain if it was the Hot Air approved Morning Joe or just another source of truth, justice and the American Way on that network.

Then some lying Republican named Haley Barbour pointed out that New York Democrats were cursing our POTUS.

What do they want? Food and water?

IlikedAUH2O on November 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Lots of problems in Pittsburgh this morning. One lady called our local radio show to say when she got to her polling place, the rolls said she had already voted. Another lady said they moved her polling place, but there was no sign at the old place telling them where to go. The good news is they are putting up a stink.

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Thank you! We love you back. You may need to remember that if for some crazy reason the guy that kicks our allies and bows to our enemies is able to cheat his way back into office. Thankfully, I don’t think it will happen.

katablog.com on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Dribble away d-bag!!

Tim_CA on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

…yes…P L E A S E…!!!

also…NO POLE TROLL TODAY…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM

By contrast, Mitt Romney is holding two rallies and it was just announced that he’s calling in to local talk radio here in DC! In short, Romney wants this. The rat-eared wonder- not so much.

Turnout already huge in Arlington County.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Happy Nomad, do you know what the lines are like in Arlington? I promised my kids they could all help me press the button for Romney, but not sure I’m up ‘managing’ them in an hours long line. Although, it would be much fun to listen to my six year old give the libs at the polls a lecture on just how bad the last four years have been …..!

jmfe on November 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Is that the same Reggie Love who is Barky’ uh…’partner’?

CorporatePiggy on November 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I’m gonna post this again ’cause it felt so good the first time!

pos4thst on November 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Here’s another!!

Very well said!

karra on November 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM

No golf?

Steven Den Beste on November 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Now, come on, he’s trying to quit smoking. You can’t deprive him of his exercise.

Seriously, I know we try to watch as little as possible, but did you see his horrible speeches in this last week? Tired, dissembling, disorganized, nonsensical, leaning on the podium, can’t be bothered to shave properly, did I say leaning on the podium? He even forgot to put on his black voice when he went to certain cities…

“Hellooo Cleveland!!”

Another reason to vote earlier in the day. Most states require employers to give you two hours to go vote. Do so, even if you have the time in the evening. They’ll be too rushed and jaded by the end of the day to help you move your protests up the ladder. Also, keep a party contact number for the suppression problems in your phone, and make sure if you tweet problems you copy at least two local competing reporters. They’ll each want to outscoop the other, or at least keep from looking like an Obama sycophant by not responding.

winoceros on November 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

How appropriate.

tru2tx on November 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Finally watched that last year because it was coming into the conversation so often.
At least back then they had to brainwash someone into becoming the enemy.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Media, suffocate you fools. What you consume is Obama caca, not Beluga caviar.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM

As others have said, it’s not a “pickup game” if it’s organized. That’s the very definition, that whoever shows up, plays.

But it is consistent with the overall lack of understanding of the English language shown by a group of people who can’t govern by any measure, nor present a reasonable argument with valid rhetoric. So what’s new?

Freelancer on November 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM

And someday in the near future, if Obama wins, the headline of the only remaining free newspaper may very well read:

“President plays “pickup” basketball as America burns.”

Fatal on November 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM