Election day: The journey, the turnaround, the moment

posted at 1:06 pm on November 6, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I realize it may be a little late for things like this, but as we all anxiously (not that “anxiously” even begins to cover the range of my distraught emotions right now) await the results that will start rolling in and taking shape later in this long day, I’ll admit that this vid from Team R actually brought me a moment of relative calm.

Whatever your predictions may be, and whether you’ll consider this either a parting shot or an opening preamble, everything that Romney’s voiceover imparts is everything that’s at stake in this election. Anyone who believes that America is endowed with a moral imperative to remain a bastion of strength and righteousness; anyone who believes that America is in need of someone who can manage us out of this economic mess; anyone who believes that the keys to prosperity and virtue lie in freedom and individual initiative rather than top-down government — the choice is clear. If we can’t collectively make that choice as a nation today, then woe betide our republic.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

…thanks Liam!
…I like the kid and his principles…but he needs to grow up a little!

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Telling what I think he needs might have police knocking on my door ten minutes after I post it.

Liam on November 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Romney is a vote for corruption and tyranny.

at 1:53 PM

…now it’s certifiable!

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I’m not sure of the best thread to post this, but Steve Lombardo has actually predicted a Romney victory on the Huffington Post (not exactly a conservative website), based on his contention that most state polls over-sampled Democrats.

Lombardo predicts that Romney will win NC, FL, VA, OH, WI, and CO (in decreasing order of margin) for a total of 285 Electoral Votes, while Obama will win PA, NH, MI, IA, and NV.

This is interesting, because many conservative bloggers (including those at HotAir) have been complaining about Democrat-skewed samples in polls, but this may be the first LEFTY blogger to recognize that Romney may win DESPITE the polls by “turning out the base” as well as Obama AND winning Independent voters. If they have doubts over at the Huffington Post, it’s a great sign for Romney!

Steve Z on November 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for posting this Erika — it was exactly what I needed to settle my stomach while we wait four more hours to start getting results.

Holy cow. I haven’t been listening to Romney’s speeches too much lately, because I had long since made up my mind to vote for him. He didn’t need to sell me, so I didn’t feel the need to listen.

Has he really been giving speeches like that on the trail??

If so, yeah. I can see why he’s been drawing tens of thousands at a time.

JimLennon on November 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Yep. If you have the time, the big rally in Ohio last week was great — and has to be floating around on the web. About an hour and a half long — with tons of big name Republicans there — but Ryan and Romney at the end were great.

For a shorter version, check out the New Hampshire speech from last night — even Ann seemed to be hugely fired up for that one.

Secondly, on the prospect of Mitt Romney becoming president, I am no Mittbot ~~ Never was. I was strictly ABO. But, like many here, I had an epiphany. It came to me when I realized that this good and decent man did not have to take on this grief and abuse from the Chicago thugs in power. He has more than enough wealth to manage — even if this country goes into the dumper. He is set for life.

So why was he doing this?

From the anecdotes that we were told about him, his concern and regard for others, how he revitalized companies that gave people jobs, hope, and a future, how he turned struggling entities (including the Olympics) around, and how he worked with those in the opposition when he was the governor of Massachusetts, I gleaned that he does this for love of his fellow man and “for love of country”.

I firmly believe if he is elected, he may yet become the transformational character that all hoped Barack Obama would be. While not a conservative in the strictest sense of the word, he may yet become another Ronald Reagan in that — through example of spirit and sacrifice and goodness — he will make each and everyone of us come to value this country and work together make it that shining city on the hill that we all hope it will be.

God bless Mitt Romney and God bless the United States of America.

Amen to that.

ClintACK on November 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I look forward to the day the media is forced to report that an unnamed “other” candidate has won over half the vote.

But unfortunately they will probably just not mention that there is an “other” vote at all.

Please vote for an “other” candidate today and send a message to the corrupt ruling elites sooner rather than later. I recommend Gary Johnson.

FloatingRock on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I voted for Johnson only because I live in Texas and can get away with it. If you live in a purple or blue state, don’t waste your vote.

burserker on November 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

You’re considered a troll around here, and your post at me shows that might well be the case.

You stated your position, so how about now you be done here and move on (dot org?).

We have your point, and it seems many reject it in their lives. That should be enough for both of us, I would venture. Liam on November 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Why do I have to leave? I have to move on because I have that position? You don’t even realize how you making my point do you? You sound like you are driven by hate, darkness and partisanship. Someone who disagrees with you should not be here huh? What a fellow citizen you are.

I said my piece, called him on his crap, and tossed a grenade over my shoulder on the way out.

Liberals are always cheap and easy. But they would be more entertaining if they weren’t so dingblasted cookie-cutter and textbook about it all.

Liam on November 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Yes, bomb the ish out of me…… Because you disagree with me. You are a great person, and you really convince me that I should think like you, or vote for someone you think should be president.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on November 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM