10 pm: Iowa, Nevada, & the West

posted at 9:31 pm on November 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

If you’ve gotten this far without either popping champagne corks or cerebral arteries, the toughest of the two major swing states are next up for us.  Iowa has been too close to call through a number of polls, but Nevada’s been leaning toward Obama — even though the population contains a significant Mormon vote that should swing to Romney.  With any luck, Romney ends up not needing either state; if he does, this might be a tough night.

For Iowa, you can get updates on voting results from Twitter by following the Secretary of State’s account.  Otherwise, you can brave slow load times by going directly to the results page on their website.  In Nevada, they don’t have a Secretary of State — they have the Cashier’s Window.  Just kidding! Nevada’s SoS has a very nice web page set up to display the data as well as map the results as they come in.

Update, 9:56 ET: Nothing much to report on my section of the country, but Iowa closes in a few minutes.  The paths for a Romney win have all been eliminated except FL-NC-VA-OH and either Colorado or Iowa.  This thread may not make too much difference overall, but Iowa might still be important.

Update: An interesting point:

With so much voter dissatisfaction, it’s interesting that we’re on the cusp of keeping the status quo in the House, Senate, and White House.

Update: Not sure what this means:

Doesn’t sound as though CBS wants to make a call, but Iowa only has 11% of precincts reporting.

Update: Minnesota isn’t on my beat, ironically, but it’s worth mentioning that the early returns show both the voter-ID and traditional marriage constitutional amendments trailing, with about 41% Yes for each.

Update: The New York Post has a cheerier take:

Arizona has a key Senate race, but I expect Jeff Flake to win that pretty easily, too.

Update: Colorado is also not my beat, but this isn’t good news:

Harsanyi’s there on the ground.

Update, 11:04 ET: Pacific & Mountain Time calls for Romney: ID, MT, WY, UT, AZ.  For Obama: WA, CA.  Still not called: NV, OR.

Update: Jim Geraghty works out the numbers and discovers that elections aren’t exactly efficient:

Imagine what it would cost to flip California!

Update: CBS calls Iowa for Obama:

That’s been trending all hour, so it’s no surprise — but with Fox calling Ohio for Obama, it’s not very important.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 18

At this point it looks like we have not repented as a nation. If Romney doesn’t pull this out I dread the next 4 years.

IdrilofGondolin on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Oh, God…Gibbsy is on Fox spewing typical, nonsensical BS about getting our “fiscal house in order”…

Such a punk.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

so many deluded comments in recent weeks here. all bookmarked, of course.

sesquipedalian on November 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM

No one’s forcing you to be here. Go hang out at Daily Kos.

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Agree with you, Doughboy.

Alana on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Remember what happened in 2000, folks.

Remember what happened in 2004, folks.

John the Libertarian on November 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Peggy Noonan is agreeing with you on Fox.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Is that what she’s saying. Have her on mute. Still lots of votes to be counted folks.

kim roy on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

That’s funny, I had the same thought this evening…

ccrosby on November 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I’ve said that this is God’s will no matter what happens.

I refuse to believe our positions are wrong.

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Peggy Noonan is agreeing with you on Fox.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Peggy’s insight isn’t one that I usually consider when formulating an opinion, but I’ll take it.

ccrosby on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Peggy Noonan is agreeing with you on Fox.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Peggy is always cribbing off me. It’s darn near plagiarism. But what a great article she wrote this week.

John the Libertarian on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

If Obama wins, and I’m not saying this will happen by any stretch of the imagination, but IF he wins, then we have become a nation of narcissists.

John the Libertarian on November 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM

If so, I’d like to propose a new government policy to ensure that everyone is given a mirror.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It’s closing in Florida again. Still hope?

milcus on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Oh BTW , thanx fatty for scrooing Romney just because he didn’t pick you for VP.

burrata on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Note to future Senate candidates…completely avoid any and all statments on rape. That’s two Senate seats lost to clumsy rape comments.

AngusMc on November 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Give me a break. Paul Ryan used almost the same language in a bill he and Akin co-sponsored. Fact is legitimate rape as opposed to consensual statutory rape is very very stressful making conception much more difficult but not impossible as Akin even said.

Steveangell on November 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM

So you can your ultra conservative in Akin. Not working out all that well, is it?

Unfortunately for you, no more than one percent of Amercians share your scientific ignorance on rape and pregnancy. By demonstrating his primitive level of scientific knowledge, Akin demonstrated to Independent voters that he was unfit for office. Thus he lost.

If you look at voter registration. Republicans never get over 40%. If you run cavemen, they won’t attract independents and they will lose. It is more possible to win without the 1% of Americans that are so backward they believe it is more difficult to get pregnant from rape than it is to win without the double digits of independents.

Why don’t you go out and form the “You Can’t Get Pregnant From Rape Party.” You can run really really conservative candidates. Have them run on the slogan “No abortions even in the case of rape or incest.” Have that be their main platform. You will never get a single candidate elected.

talkingpoints on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Published Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 9:13 pm / Updated at 9:25 pm
article photo
World-Herald: Romney takes 2nd District

Republican Mitt Romney will get all five of Nebraska’s electoral votes. Obama will not duplicate his 2008 prize of taking one electoral vote from Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District. Obama is underperforming both Democratic Senate candidate Bob Kerrey and House candidate John Ewing in Douglas County and losing badly in heavily Republican western Sarpy Count. Obama will have to reach 270 without the 2nd District.

– C. David Kotok

OmahaConservative on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Mitt is now down about 56K votes in Florida. :(

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Its not over until its over… and its not over…

Khun Joe on November 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Yup.

the_nile on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I am starting to think it’s a whole setup.
Even electoral vote count
Uneven reporting %
Perfect storm?

We live and prepare and think about tomorrow –tomorrow.

I wish us all Americans a Victory tonight.

seesalrun2 on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

ccrosby on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

She gets annoying with her folksy narration of past events

blatantblue on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I think you’re right about that. Benghazi was a crime of Nixonian proportion and the issue was not forced.

MJBrutus on November 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

NO ONE DIED in Watergate!!!!!!!11!11!1!111!!!!!!!

Nutstuyu on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I’m outta here … I will check the result in the morning.

I can’t really believe that Obama could be back … not to mention fauxahontas and the rest of the criminal gang.

gh on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Palin/Jindal 2016!!

wait….he’s kinda brown….

Palin/ ummm..Rubio, yeah, that’s the ticket!

greataunty on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

there goes the supreme court if obama pulls it out

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Obamacare mandate is a tax. Abusive eminent domain is a tax. Gun confiscation is a tax. Stifling religious liberty is a tax. Everything unconstitutional is a tax, and is therefore constitutional.

steebo77 on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

That’s not to say they should have nominated someone else from the clown car. Santorum would have gotten…well, look what happened to Akin and Mourdoch. And the rest of them were on a book tour.

The point is, they needed a deeper bench. Mitt Romney is running a replay of Bob Dole, Bush Sr, Ford, and Dukakis and Kerry for good measure. He played defense well because he had no other choice, but that’s no substitute for a good offense.

HitNRun on November 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You are wrong about Santorum.

Mitt jumped all over Akin and Mourdock perhaps he would have done the same but it would have then been sour grapes.

Scott Walker won Wisconssin as would have Santorum.

It is really simple.

No Establishment Republican can win. Period not since Nixon.

Steveangell on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

CO favors Obama so far. 65% in

Ted Torgerson on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I’m totally confused. I just got off of work, have no television and am trying to figure out the state of this race….

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

kim roy on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

She said it.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM

lorien1973 on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Yummy. And here I thought my home made hot Italian sausage and pepperoni/jalapeno/olive grilled pizza was good.

OkieDoc on November 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Leonard: What would Romney be if he were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?
Sheldon: Screwed.
Leonard: There you go.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Romney wins Arizona, AP reports; more results:

1 min ago from http://www.breakingnews.com by editor

Photo: Richard Mourdock concedes in his Indiana Senate race – @NPRSonari

1 min ago from instagram.com by editor

canopfor on November 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM

CO favors Obama so far. 65% in

Ted Torgerson on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Fox just called it to close to call.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

talkingpoints on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Oh BS. Tell me why the oh-so intelligent and scientifically like independent voters flocked to Elizabeth Warren and Jesse Jackson Jr.

I’d really like to see your oh so superior intellectual thesis on that.

Skywise on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I haven’t given up yet. This is the best Republican ticket in a generation.

John the Libertarian on November 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

TROLLCOT

vilebody on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

canopfor on November 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

The Google political map is 170 Romney, 148 Obama, and it says it updates automatically. Maybe they’re counting actual votes and not estimates.

PatriotGal2257 on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

We’re losing…down a senator as well. Kept the house. Looks like a status quo election.

rubberneck on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

We have immigrated ourselves out of capitalism and into a mixed economy. I do not begrudge blacks voting for a black man. I don’t begrudege hispanics voting for the candidate that is for amnesty. But the reality is they are NOT voting for race. They are voting for Obama because they want free stuff. We have reached critical mass of low lifes. They are disporportionately racial minorities and low info welfare single mothers. This is not Romney’s fault, who was a great candidate. We are demographically screwed.

Ted Torgerson on November 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

This is the reality that Republicans are too terrified of to even talk about. “B-b-but I’m not racist!”

Karl Rove was the “genius” who wanted to mass import a new population from Latin America because “they’re religious, family people who will vote Republican.” You can’t get more destructively, idiotically wrong than that.

Django on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE…

Joe Biden has to be the favorite for the democrat nomination in 2016.

And more good news….he might just win.

And hey Paul Ryan…..I guess college kids want to keep looking up at those fading Obama posters. Because now they’ll NEED to stay home because they won’t be able to find jobs.

VIVA FOODSTAMPS!!!

PappyD61 on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Mitt wins AZ, now let us hope he drags Flake with him

Rio Linda Refugee on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

This post will probably get lost amid all the “noise”, but here goes:

I know it’s not over yet and we should all remember 2000 & 2004.

However, like others here, I am almost literally in shock because I really did believe that this would be a Romney landslide.

It is beyond depressing that after 4 years of a worsening economy, increased unemployment, increased national debt and decreased respect on the world stage…

…that after 4 brutal years ANYONE would vote for Obama.

IF Obama goes on to victory, we should not tear each other apart or rip on Romney. With everything that has happened in the last 4 years we should have been able to run a deaf, dumb pinball wizard and won easily.

I was not a Romney supporter at first but he grew on me and most certainly looked and acted presidential (especially during and after the debates). While he didn’t run a perfect campaign, I thought he ran a very good one (especially after the debacle that was McCain).

IF Obama goes on to victory, I suppose we need to come to grips that for the majority of Americans the country simply hasn’t failed enough to warrant them to wake up and vote appropriately.

I just wonder (and worry…a lot!) about our country during the next 4 years.

My thoughts toward my country are similar to the famous tagline of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre: who will survive and what will be left of them?

But there’s still hope, waning as it is. And hopefully I’ll wake up to a very pleasant surprise.

Until then, let’s stop entertaining the trolls and stop ripping at each other.

Religious_Zealot on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

The actual count in Florida is past where the networks are. Obama clinging to an 18k lead. Use the state website.

AngusMc on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Mitt is now down about 56K votes in Florida. :(

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

In 2000, the same thing happened. Dem counties got their final returns in last. The margin was closing even late back then and it ended short of a Gore victory.

Corporal Tunnel on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

You can check it all out here:

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You are wrong about Santorum.

Scott Walker won Wisconssin as would have Santorum.

It is really simple.

No Establishment Republican can win. Period not since Nixon.

Steveangell on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Santorum is the establishment. There were only two non-establishment candidates seeking the Republican nomination: Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.

If Santorum were your candidate, it would be an Obama landslide.

Dante on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

No way R takes Colo or Nevada.

kit9 on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

John the Libertarian on November 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

You must be joking.

mythicknight on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Arizona goes to Mitt – Romney 174 Obama 162

Seven Percent Solution on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

The parasites have decided this election…now get some sleep and go back to work tomorrow for even lesser pay and even pricier food and gas.

burrata on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

The state of the race right now is the Senate is still under control of the Dems. The House is still under control of the GOP. And Romney’s on life support in his pursuit of the White House. He can still pull it off, but he’s neck-and-neck in FL, VA, NC, OH, and CO and has to win all of them.

We may wake up tomorrow with the federal government’s makeup virtually unchanged aside from the names.

Doughboy on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Our positions aren’t wrong. God’s purpose is always to increase our likeness to Christ. It is not to necessarily make everything hunky-dory. Lots of people want to give up, don’t. We may go through a round of refining but that is for are own good.

chemman on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

The fact that the Congress will essentially remain status quo, kind of took the air out of the fun tonight.

So the Congress, which has a popularity rating of what, 10%, suffers nothing?

We get the goobermint we deserve.

rickyricardo on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Oh God, not again. Please God, no. Oh god, you are the almighty…you know best. Oh God, please I can’t do that…oh God, please I know you love me and I love you we’ve had this talk many times. God, please I can’t suffer, I’ll…um, I won’t. Yes, Sir.

Who is John Galt on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m in shock. Really? So many people voted for Obama?
Shock.
I really believed that the media reports have all been skewed for weeks and this would be an easy win for Romney.
I’m so upset.

bridgetown on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Time to rid the party of the SoCons.

hatecraft on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

The current electoral count stands at Barack Obama with 163 and Mitt Romney with 174.

canopfor on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Mitt is now down about 56K votes in Florida. :(

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

TEATERNAMI!!!

Latch on 2012

PappyD61 on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

YOUNG IS THE NIGHT™

Rove knows OH and FL, down to precinct level, and when he says they’re going to come in Romney, and the states to him as well, we need to start looking for that one extra state to put Romney at 270. IA and/or CO does it!

Romney’s going to be our next President.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

talkingpoints on November 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Not what he said. He said it was unlikely huge difference.

But he took it back almost immediately. You ignore that fact.

The truth. Priebus and Romney consider them self smarter than the voters. They wanted Tod Akin out the day he won. Not their place. They then sought to make McCaskil the winner and succeeded.

Steveangell on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Mitt has closed the gap to 16K in Florida.

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Who is John Galt on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

There is no god. If there is, he intends for us to suffer.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Religious_Zealot on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Nice post. I hope that folks take it to heart.

MJBrutus on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

No one’s forcing you to be here. Go hang out at Daily Kos.

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

oh you bet i’ll be here with you, honey.

sesquipedalian on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

as of a minute ago fox is calling electoral votes Romney 174, the big Oaf 163

scalleywag on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Two things

1. We MUST reestablish federalism to protect ourselves from the socialists
2. We MUST put even more pressure on Boehner not to crumble and not to sell out to Obama

Charlemagne on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Florida official: Ballot counting in Miami-Dade expected to continue through the night – @NBC6

30 secs ago from http://www.nbcmiami.com by editor

canopfor on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Time to rid the party of the SoCons.

hatecraft on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Really?

Because I’m sure Romney, running as a moderate purely on intellectual matters would’ve had that landslide if it weren’t for Akin and Mordouck whom he denounced, right?

Skywise on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Um, yeah. I’ll believe it when I see it, Stevie.

PatriotGal2257

That tweet is 5 hours old. I think it’s safe to say he was wrong, lol.

No educated person is going to support buffoons like them, and it is absolutely toxic to the GOP image.

WisCon

Of course not. “Educated” folks vote for the woman that made them slaves to the government by putting a tax on their very existence and who also stole $40 million in tax payer dollars that she gave to her husband.

xblade on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Time to rid the party of the SoCons.

hatecraft on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

What party is that reprobate? LMFAO!

tom daschle concerned on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Winning?

Who is John Galt on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Well, on the plus side, the GOP only has to wait 4 years to get another chance to run an actual (not-severe) conservative for the Presidency, instead of 8, so there is that. Given that the GOP will almost certainly nominate Jeb Bush in 2016, it isn’t much of a silver lining, but whatever.

Hopefully the GOP will finally come to its collective senses and beg Palin or Jindal to run. Or at least bother finding a governor who can run on their own record, instead of running from it.

But the rinos will probably just spend the next few weeks making excuses for Mittens, and blaming Akin and the social cons for his loss. I’ve yet to see a rino blame his loss on his record of liberalism, but maybe this time will be different.

Buckshot Bill on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

FL and OH are neck in neck.

nazo311 on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Abandon the gop folks.

They will never be a viable opposition party.

It’s Hugo Chavez time in America.

PappyD61 on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Elizabeth Warren… Jesse Jackson Jr… Joe Biden…

I’m sorry, what was your point again?

Skywise on November 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

well…Warren met the customers needs (i.e. her customers are fruitcakes in MA)..same with DE and the south side of Chicago.

and, let’s be honest..the left has a well oiled, ruthless machine which the right can only dream of.

for example, Miami Dade is being held back (my guess) waiting for the panhandle results

ruthless…disciplined

it is a business to them…one that have worked years at

r keller on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

There is no god. If there is, he intends for us to suffer.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Then suffer.

tom daschle concerned on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

PEOPLE WISCONSIN IS STILL IN PLAY – JUST SAW R WITH 51%.

kim roy on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Time to rid the party of the SoCons.

hatecraft on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

The SoCons need to remain, but they need to learn a lesson from Aiken and Mourdock.

But they wont

rickyricardo on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Charlemagne on November 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Boehner needs to go, he has no spine!

nazo311 on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

YOUNG IS THE NIGHT™

Romney’s going to be our next President.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Well, it can still be done.

the_nile on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Sure hope Scalia and Thomas are in good health.

NoLeftTurn on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Romney’s going to be our next President.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Rove is Establishment Republican.

Rove knows when Mitt loses so does the Establishment Republican Machine.

This will bring back the Tea Party. Either that or America is done. Gone. Dead as a great Nation.

Steveangell on November 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

PatriotGal2257 on November 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

That’s the one I’ve been looking at. It still shows Wisconsin up in the air. Romney is ahead in electoral as well as popular votes. It will be interesting to see how it compares to Fox’s map.

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I’m betting every voting machine was calibrated in swing states w/10,000 votes pre-programmed. I’m not kidding. If 0 wins it’s fraud. Period.

JAM on November 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

WTF…………..

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

It appears @HeyTammyBruce is live tweeting an attempted break-in to her home.

canopfor on November 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

This entire race is going to come down to some guy named Dave.

John the Libertarian on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Well, it can still be done.

the_nile on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Indeed.

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

So, anyone jumping on the Christie ’16 bandwagon yet? ;)

changer1701 on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Then suffer.

tom daschle concerned on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I will, though it’ll be with some Spice-Coated Rack of Lamb for Two with Arugula, Avocado, and Blood Orange Salad.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Todd Akin’s selfishness again sinks an easy Senate pick-up. In my opinion his selfishness is as morally reprehensible to the unborn as any Planned Parenthood abortion mill. People across the GOP ideological spectrum begged him to depart the race.

matthew8787 on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Scott Walker won Wisconssin as would have Santorum.

I don’t know what Scott Walker’s position is on abortion, rape, or gay marriage, and the fact that I don’t know his position demonstrates that he’s nothing at all like Santorum.

Akin and Mourdoch weren’t on the radar as divisive SoCons until they shot off their mouths. Santorum would make those two look like heroin-shooting bisexual hedonists. They certainly wouldn’t have won if Romney helped them. You’re right that they might have won with Santorum on the ticket, though: his total inability to turn away a question about sex issues would have completely overshadowed their remarks.

HitNRun on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

IA and/or CO does it!

Neither Iowa or Colorado’s polling were very close for Romney. That’s not going to happen,

kit9 on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Doughboy on November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

The problem is that Mitt is not going to be beyond the margin of fraud and he won’t fight for it.

gh on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

People are acting like it’s over, quit it. It’s not. 175 R 163 the big zero

scalleywag on November 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

PappyD61 on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Shut the hell up, you have now reached troll status.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

ruthless…disciplined

it is a business to them…one that have worked years at

r keller on November 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Thought about that… maybe it’d be best if the Republicans advertised themselves as the giving party and played the game but that’s what Bush did in 2000… When Bush gives out $300 to all taxpayers as a rebate, the left mocks him and Futurama made an entire episode out of mocking him… When Obama did the SAME EXACT THING he was a hero…

And besides, what’s the point of lying to the electorate just to get our way? Do the ends really justify the means? (Sure I’d be alot happier… but what’s that say about the state of the electorate of our country?)

Skywise on November 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Fox: Minnesota to Obama

portlandon on November 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

This isn’t a Romney problem, it’s a GOP problem. We are making no gains whatsoever tonight. In fact we are down a senator.

rubberneck on November 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

So, anyone jumping on the Christie ’16 bandwagon yet? ;)

changer1701 on November 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Yes we can!

the_nile on November 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hey we held out for 1 hour and 52 minutes.

Texas here I come!

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

MN to Hussein ….**facepalm **

burrata on November 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I’m surprised with cnbc coverage. Not bad

newportmike on November 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Florida is tied on Drudge.

milcus on November 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM