Video: A brief word to third-party voters this cycle

posted at 1:21 pm on November 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Every four years, the media love to walk through third-party scenarios that might decide the presidential election — especially in 2000, when it actually did drive the results in one state, Florida, which turned out to be the epicenter of the election.  McClatchy delivers the formulaic nod to this cycle’s Don (and Dona) Quixotes, paying homage to the flinty American independence and usually utter futility they represent.  With a race this close, though, this scenarios aren’t entirely out of the question:

If Tuesday’s election is as close as polls suggest, the presidency might be decided by someone named Gary Johnson. Or Virgil Goode. Or Jill Stein.

They’re third party candidates for president. While none has a real shot at winning the White House and few Americans watched their debate Sunday evening, any one might draw just enough support in a battleground state to throw the results to President Barack Obama or Republican Mitt Romney. It’s happened before, and recently. In 2000, Green Party nominee Ralph Nader’s drew 1.6% of the vote in Florida, forced a recount and the eventual election outcome in favor of Republican George W. Bush. …

[Johnson's] standing could be pivotal in Colorado, where voters are closely divided between the two major party candidates. A Nov. 2 Denver Post poll found voter split 47-45 for Obama over Romney. A CNN poll the day before tested Johnson’s support and found 4 percent of likely voters leaning his way.

His support could be tied to a ballot initiative that would allow limited marijuana use for those 21 and older. While the Libertarian message of minimal government usually resonates with Republicans, in this case, Johnson knows he’s drawing from the Democrats. “I take more votes away from Obama than Romney,” he said. “I am more liberal than Obama when it comes to civil liberties,” Johnson said, adding that he supported marijuana legalization when he was governor.

Frankly, I’m not sure that this scenario plays out anywhere else but in Colorado.  A number of readers have expressed concerns over Virgil Goode’s presence on the Virginia ballot, but I suspect that people who want Obama out of office are not going to be interested in casting protest votes for Goode.  Johnson is a different case, with a different constituency and the endorsement of a small but still recognized political party, the Libertarians.  Even so, I suspect that Johnson’s going to end up with significantly less than 4% in Colorado as protest voters reconsider their choice at the ballot box.

If you are a third-party voter, Bill Whittle wants to have a word with you.  Rather than challenge your principles, though, Whittle wants to appeal to them.  Elections come down to realistic choices, and in this election, the two choices are very distinct.  Even if you don’t think either of the two candidates represents your values and principles, one of them comes closer than the other:

Bill published this last week, but I deliberately held it to today.  He makes a good argument that should be one of the last voters consider before they go to cast their ballots — especially if they want to cast it for a third-party candidate, or not cast it at all.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Manly Rash survived Hurricane Sandy.

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

A vote for anybody but Romney/Ryan is a vote for The Won.

JimK on November 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

There’s no point at all voting for a 3rd party candidate. If you wanna do it, fine. But it’s pointless. It makes no sense, especially in an election like this one. I’ll never understand…

*shrugs*

Jack_Burton on November 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Man, he called out Paultards a couple of times. They won’t be happy…

catmman on November 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

It would be a shame to have to swallow 4 more years of the Failure-in-chief, because of a third party candidate, but the eSTAB-lishment Repubs have no one to blame but themselves. They incessant attempts to alienate/diminish the power, within the party, of smaller voting groups, has made for a divided party and that won’t be fixed by thinking you can bully a smaller, but more Ideological group, like the Libertarians. Social conservatives will have a different beef, but a similar result.
Addendum on the fight against the Obama Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on November 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM

All I can say is this. If Virgil Goode costs the GOP Virginia by his stupidity the man had better be out of the state within minutes.

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Whittle’s stuff is brilliant. That man really lays it out straight in ways that I never could. I’ve converted some undecideds with his videos alone. Keep it up Bill.

Meric1837 on November 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I admit: I voted for a third party candidate in 2008. I couldn’t bring myself to vote for McCain. I admit my mistake.

People need to remember that however much Romney might be a RINO to you, he still might get some SCOTUS picks. And yes, we have seen some bad GOP SCOTUS picks. But still, play the odds: Obama will appoint more Lefty hacks, 100% guaranteed.

You will recall that the RINO Bush 41 gave us Clarence Thomas…

Play the percentages people….

visions on November 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I can’t express how many times on FB I’ve seen conservative friends talk about “taking a stance” by voting for a third-party candidate because Romney doesn’t perfectly match their conservative ideal dream candidate, point by point. How utterly idiotic.

By that logic, they have no grounds to complain at any point in the next four years about who is in charge.

Whittle’s point about the ballot being a precious item, paid for in BLOOD by our patriot warriors, is one that I have felt so strongly about . . . and it makes my own blood boil to see some apathetic 20-something FB friends talk about how they really don’t see any difference in the two canditates, and therefore are not voting, etc.

This is an excellent video. Bill Whittle is a gem.

pianomomma on November 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

(Dumbass_mode)

I’m voting for Gary “Cut-the-military-in-half/Feed-me-a-fetus” Johnson because he’s a REAL conservative!

(/dumbass)

Alberta_Patriot on November 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

paratisi on November 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I have no love for the establishment Rs, but that’s a fight to have after this election.

Ed is absolutely right.

To vote third party in this election and think that the country can survive four more years of Obama is delusional. He has shown who he is—a power grabbing fascist (hey, Sowell called him that so I will as well).

The other thing is that if Obama is by some cheating tilt of the Dems, then I predict that next year the country will be plunged into investigation and impeachment proceedings over Benghazi. To go through that kind of angst while ObamaCare is driving people into poverty and Obama is tightening his grip of power will be devastating to the nation.

If you vote third party in this election you haven’t yet come to the grips of the reality of who Obama is.

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Man, he called out Paultards a couple of times. They won’t be happy…

catmman on November 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

This is the problem. We get mad when liberals call us stupid names, and yet you use them on people you could be swaying to your side. I am fiscally conservative (so far as to say we should eliminate the IRS, the FED, and move to the fair tax. I want to lower taxes, lower government spending, and return power to the states. I am pro-life in every situation. I am for increasing our rights, and our responsibilities… and yet because I disagree with the two major party’s on foreign policy… we are “paultards”. Did it not bother you when the most uttered phrase in the 3rd Presidential debate was “we mostly agree on this”?

therambler on November 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Obama is s/b Obama wins

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

3rd Party – nothing like pissing your vote away.

GarandFan on November 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Great to hear ManlyRash.
I often will consider 3rd party votes in my local elections. I mean here in ND our county maybe has 2000 votes.
So those elections matter. As they do in the state races.
Now even though ND has the 1 puny EC vote, it is still worth showing up bcs the local state elections are very important.
Just remember Franken, folks.
So staying home not to vote bcs you can’t get your way totally?
Well you’re filling out the ballot, fill it out RIGHT.
Lesser of 2 evils can turn into something good.

Badger40 on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I wrote something in another thread earlier that is more appropriate in this one:

The presidential election of 2012 is a con job being perpetrated on the American people by the ruling class. It’s not a conspiracy; it’s a natural attribute of the human condition that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Interests that are vested in preserving and growing the rapidly escalating totalitarian state literally own the media and buy our government. They have dictated that this election be a choice between the top two authoritarian statist politicians in American history, one of which has magically transformed himself into the opposite in the past few years thanks to a billion dollars worth of propaganda and shutting out other candidates that offer a real choice.

The founding fathers knew that this would happen and tried their best to guard against it and warn future Americans that this sort of thing would happen.

The America that was is no more; the government is no longer of, by and for the people.

So ask yourself, what would the founding fathers do?

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I’d love to be able to go back to voting Libertarian. But first we have to get the America-hating marxist out of the White House. That is what matters most.

rbj on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ask any 2000 Nader Floridian if he could switch his vote.

aunursa on November 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

visions on November 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You’re forgiven. Please don’t screw up this time.

Thank you.

oldleprechaun on November 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Manly Rash survived Hurricane Sandy.

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Congratulations, my own brush with a hurricane was back in 1969 with Hurricane Camille. A hurricane does not have to be a category 5 like Camille to kill lots of people and mess up your whole world. They should always be treated as seriously as you would a nuclear explosion in your kitchen.

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

This is the saddest attempt at persuading the third party/ non-voters I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

Kaasproav on November 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The Founders would have impeached Obama before his first year of office was over and ridden him out of town on a rail. But they’re not here and we are. We have to deal with the reality we have.

Considering the vise that ObamaCare will put this nation into financially (not to mention the devastating effect on getting good health care) and the draconian EPA regulations coming down the pike, poverty will become widespread. Businesses will tighten up as they are able, and IMO jobs will be harder to find.

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Living in Texas, I’m able to vote my conscience. It felt good too.

rndmusrnm on November 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

Gallup Final: 49-48 Romney among LVs. Keep in mind this is just 4 day track-two of which were very post-Sandy and big O days in other polls.

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Manly Rash survived Hurricane Sandy.

A few of us were wondering about you and family in the last few days. Glad you made it and hopefully all will be restored soon.

Schadenfreude on November 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Not only no, but hell no.

Manly, good to hear from you, friend. Glad you’re OK.

SKYFOX on November 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hey, I proudly voted for Gary Johnson… up here in Washington, where Johnson has precisely the same chance of winning as Romney does. If we lived in a sane country, there would only be two parties, Republicans and Libertarians, and I’d be one of those “independent swing voters” I despise so much. But I’m just at a complete loss to understand why anyone who cares at all about liberty could ever even consider letting a Democrat win, whether by commission or omission.

Fabozz on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I understand not liking the main candidates, but I don’t understand not realizing that making the perfect the enemy of the good may result in another Obama term. Anyone out there thinking of voting for Johnson or Goode, please reconsider…

changer1701 on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Replacing one statist with another statist is not going to solve the problems caused by statism.

The founding fathers would not vote for Obama/Romney any more than they would King George.

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Manly Rash survived Hurricane Sandy.

Hey, Manly! I’m glad to know you and yours are OK.

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Please don’t help reelect Obarky, which is exactly what voting for Johnson will do.

Slainte on November 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

The Prince of Darkness, the perfect depiction of his legacy.

Schadenfreude on November 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Shadenfraude, please come over and clean up after your patriot friend again.

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

You’d rather kill unborn Americans instead of terrorists.

Alberta_Patriot on November 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

So ask yourself, what would the founding fathers do?

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Why vote for Gary Johnson? The conditions you describe would seem to call for armed revolt. Is that what you want, since the system is already rigged?

I see this theme running through a lot of libertarian debate–it’s all going to hell, so vote for the libertarian who has zero chance of winning, then retreat to Galt’s Gulch with rations and ammunition when the crap hits the fan. Eventually the Son of Ron Paul will arise.

spiritof61 on November 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

You really need to think this through. Whatever your opinions of Romney’s policies, there is no denying the fact that he loves this country and Obama hates everything good about America.

That is the bottom line. You should think about that.

As I said above, some things you fight for later.

This is also my last comment to you on this.

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

The founders would never vote for Obarky, but to at least save and move toward the restoration of our Republic, they’d definitely vote for Romney.

Slainte on November 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM

*shrugs*

Jack_Burton on November 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I live in Idaho. A bad showing here for Romney would be getting less than 60% of the vote. I have the luxury of voting for Virgil Goode and not have to be burdened about the possible consequences.

I don’t trust Romney, having been governor of the most leftward state in the union. He is not the second coming of Reagan, as some seem to believe. Now, he is a damned sight better than the current occupant of the White House…

Ace ODale on November 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Stormy

Ssshhhhh..I have been busy running all over New York with comments which should be in R’s campaign ads.

I was telling people to write in Al Gore to protest the lack of progress on climate change. There is also the fact that the administration sent all the aid they wanted to NJ while shorting NY since O hates the Yankees and Giants and cut a deal with that conservative demon heavy set guy white male who is governor of NJ and the mayor of Newark. All they have to do is look!

And how about the fact that we should have gas or human powered generators for civil defense for EMT pulses?

IlikedAUH2O on November 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Oh my

Schadenfreude on November 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

“Please vote for Gary Johnson or Virgil Goode!”
–Barack Obama

Mr. Prodigy on November 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I showed this to a third-party voter friend. She said that it “wasn’t helpful” (I think she’s voting for Goode). She said that she couldn’t “vote to murder 13,000″ babies – because Romney accepts rape/incest acceptions to abortion.

So, rather than potentially save tens of thousands of babies by voting for Romney, she’s going to vote for Goode and risk Obama getting reelected and killing even more — because she can’t “vote to kill babies.”

For the life of me I cannot understand this way of thinking.

29Victor on November 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Bill Whittle to everyone else: If you do not consent to being governed by either of the two major party candidates, then you are a traitor to the nation.
Hot Air Rethuglicans to everyone else: Traitors to the Republican party should not have the right to live.

Good times. Good times.

Democrats rule against the will of the people.
Republicans rule against the will of the people.
The people are in the wrong! Well, them and the Democrats!

astonerii on November 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

So ask yourself, what would the founding fathers do?

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

They would have taken up arms and dethroned FDR before he did any more damage.

They wouldn’t have stood around pissing into the wind claiming that they weren’t getting wet.

LoganSix on November 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Schadenfreude on November 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

SKYFOX on November 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

INC on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Many thanks for the kind words. The winds kickd up something fierce late in the afternoon on Monday, October 30 and power went out at 7:48 PM in South Plainfield. Gusts went up to 90 MPH and several trees were felled. From the balcony of our apartment we could see multiple flashes in the distance as numerous transformers and substations exploded. As I’m sure you have seen already, NJ and Staten Island were trashed.

Power was restored for us shortly after 1 AM today. All that time we had only candles for light and used the spent wax to create a statue of St. Thomas of Edison to whom we prayed for intercession. Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough wax left over to create a voodoo doll of Chris Christie.

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I decided to vote third party. But then I live in one of the 41 non-competitive states where my vote doesn’t really matter.

AngusMc on November 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I (and about 20% of Americans) fell for Ross Perot in 1992. Thanks to him we got the Clenis. After that I vowed never again to vote third party. No where was the havoc a third party candidate could wreak on an election more obvious. Had Perot not run, most of the disgruntled conservatives he attracted would’ve voted for GHWB, Bush would’ve been re-elected, and the Clintons would’ve faded back into the mud from which they came. Instead, the Clintons have become that couple who just won’t go away.

Seriously… would we have Hillary’s disasterous Sec of State tenure if Clinton had lost in ’92?

crazy_legs on November 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Man, he called out Paultards a couple of times. They won’t be happy…

catmman on November 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I always wonder about how many decades should a man be in office and accomplish nothing and still be considered a great leader.

LoganSix on November 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Did you not understand what Whittle said in the video, or did you simply not listen to it?

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM

changer1701 on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Romney is bad, not good. He rigged a vote at the Republican National Convention that shut out grass roots influence in the Republican Party. The rule change would have prevented Reagan from ever winning the Republican nomination for President. Romney is, literally, the anti-Reagan, and an un-American vote rigging crook as well! Romney is a bad person! Romney is was one of the pioneers of the American gun-grabbing movement, the first governor to push for and get an assault weapons ban. Thanks to Romney’s “leadership” banning assault weapons and the wind in the sails they were able to ban them nation wide! Romney’s proudest accomplishment, the only one that he hasn’t etch-a-sketched, is Romneycare, the basis of Obamacare.

When Romney ran for the Senate he ran to the left of Ted Kennedy!!! Ted Kennedy took at back seat to Obama/Romney, they are the top two statist politicians in America today. There are others, but they are at the top.

The only thing that has changed is a billion dollars worth of fictitious propaganda by NY/DC propaganda outlets.

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

ROTFLMAO… St. Thomas of Edison… ;)

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Still a Paulnut at heart. Did you know that Roseanne Bar is running for president too?

abobo on November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

crazy_legs on November 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Perot ran to the left of Clinton in 1992. He drew way more moderates (what many self-hating liberals call themselves) & liberals than conservatives.

AngusMc on November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

AngusMc on November 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Until they gerrymander the districts based on voter registrations. Good luck with Sharpton Lite or Boxer LoCal as your new rep.

Limerick on November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight…

PatriotRider on November 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Even if you “don’t trust Romney,” as some comments proclaim, how could you possibly vote for Barry0bama by voting for another unelectable candidate? It’s inconceivable to me.

Every vote for Romney will count, no matter what state you live in. Do you honestly love this country and true American values or not? The choice is simple. Romney may not sufficiently meet all or even many of your ideological expectations, but the alternative WILL be Obama if you vote for anyone else.

Slainte on November 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Bill Whittle videos I love.

Auto-play advertising videos I don’t. Please move to advertisers that don’t use video, else its time to find another blog.

BVM on November 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

LoganSix on November 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

The GOP has been pissing down America’s back and spending a billion dollars trying to convince people it’s raining.

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight…

PatriotRider on November 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Easy, Patriot. It will be what it will be. We survived Polk, we survived Grant, we survived Wilson and Carter. Sleep. Whatever work is left to do is whatever work is left to do.

Limerick on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

abobo on November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

With Cindy Sheehan as her VP.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Worthwhile reading for the day before the presidential election:

Romney for President
The Obama record is unimpressive.

AdrianS on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

LoganSix on November 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

As opposed to all the accomplishments of compassionate conservatism?

Let me flip the scipt on that one:

I always wonder about how many decades a political party can acquiesce to creeping statism and actively particpate therein and still be considered “the opposition”.

abobo on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

abobo on November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

With Cindy Sheehan as her VP.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

How about Al Gore? It’s been a while since he’s done anything to keep himself relevant.

Mr. Prodigy on November 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

If we’re talking life-size, there’s not enough wax in New Jersey for that.

SKYFOX on November 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Yup, running on the fema camps and chemtrail platform. Just thought I’d put that out there, because, wether one wants to believe it or not – there are folks who make the Paul camp look mainstream by comparison.

abobo on November 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

A brief word to third-party voters this cycle: Don’t do it.

petefrt on November 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Who??? Some guy who hasn’t done a thing in over three years to sell his message?

I don’t think so. If I want to reward someone for merely existing I’ll vote for a liberal.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Pre-election day message from Gabby Johnson: Authentic Gibberish

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Manly Rash survived Hurricane Sandy.

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

God bless you, Manly’.

SWalker is exactly right. Back in July 1972, Agnes wasn’t even a cat 1; just a tropical storm.

To this day, ALL Susquehanna River flooding is measured against Agnes.

listens2glenn on November 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

And most of us are well aware of that. If it were just a degenerate like Clinton running, it *might* be a different story, but we’ve only had a taste of the fun and games that another four years of Obama will bring and sorry what you are selling costs way too much.

Adults sometimes cut their losses and do the practical thing. The media’s breaking, the word is much easier to get out and people can organize easier now. Give it time and this will be *our* GOP and they will be answering to us. They can’t hide anymore.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Phoooooooooooooooooo on OH and MI and WI. If VA goes points over either way will be the story. So goes Old Dom tomorrow night so goes the rest. If VA is a squeaker then I hope you bought in lots and lots of coffee and tums.

Limerick on November 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

No, you vote for Mitt Romney. Period.

listens2glenn on November 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Please view this and tell me where Bill Whittle goes wrong.

diogenes on November 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM

So ask yourself, what would the founding fathers do?

Please vote for Gary Johnson.

As brilliant as the founding fathers were, they could not conceive of the following:

Internal combustion engines- let alone, alternative energy sources.

Manned flight: nor space travel.

Personal nor super computers.

__________
The America that was (for them), was no more in the 1830′s.

The global challenges of today must be met with answers from today’s ‘toolbag’. Those alternatives are offered (via the representative republic forged by our founding fathers) via the current two major parties. November of the quadrennial General Election is not the time to foist a candidate– who might nary achieve 1% of the electorate– on the Republic as it’s “Savior”. Grow up third-partyists… build your base through the off-election years, and get back to the ‘normal’ voters when you might have achieved 25-30% support.

socalcon on November 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Exactly. Johnson had his chance to convince us to take a chance on him, but because he didn’t like the way he was being “ignored,” he walked away from the game like some spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum.

At least Dr. Paul had the ballz to stay with the same team until he realized it was a losing battle.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

If I want to reward someone for merely existing I’ll vote for a liberal.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

It worked for Obama and his Nobel Peace Prize…

socalcon on November 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

ManlyRash on November 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Glad to hear it

NY Conservative on November 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

As a former Perot voter my message would be DON`T DO IT..PLEASE!!!!

NY Conservative on November 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Let me flip the scipt on that one:

abobo on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

There is no flipping the message. Ron Paul hasn’t been able to convince anyone he’s leadership material. Nadda. Nobody. He’s only got 1 bill passed in 3 decades. How do Paulbots believe he’s going to get anything changed as President, when he can’t be convincing enough as a representative?

LoganSix on November 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Slainte on November 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

As others have said on other threads, Romney was not my first, second or third choice, but I will happily vote for him tomorrow as he stands closest to my ideals and Barry isn’t even within .50 cal range of these. We may someday have a viable third party but it isn’t today.

SKYFOX on November 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Yep, keep bashing the Anybody But Romney voters. That’ll win over the votes.

Why don’t you guys bash the Non-voters instead?

Sir Napsalot on November 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM

socalcon on November 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Well said. Also, they proved they would compromise. No one got everything they wanted out of the Constitution, not the abolitionist not the Democrats, no one. What they did was hammer out the best they could with what they had and fight for the rest at a later date.

29Victor on November 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Even if I was inclined to vote third party (and I often do in local elections), his appearances on Red Eye have convinced me his not the type of Libertarian I could get behind.

Odysseus on November 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Sir Napsalot on November 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I agree that they should not be bashed, but they must be argued against. I was solidly anti-Romney during the primaries. He has done much to reasure me. On an emotional level I am absolutely convinced that Mitt Romney loves this country. I am likewise absolutely convinced that Obama hates this country…certainly as it was founded. That difference alone is worth casting my vote over. A good man who loves his country can be convinced to do right so much more easily than a narcissist who loves only himself.

SKYFOX on November 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Slainte on November 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Comprehension, bro. Try it before you fling the ridicule. There is no way on God’s green earth that Romney doesn’t win Idaho by a huge margin.

I guarantee you that if I lived in Colorado or Oregon or Ohio, I’d definitely be voting for Romney. BUT I DON”T! I live in Idaho. I have the luxury of voting third party and not affecting Romney in the least little bit.

Ace ODale on November 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Remember that time the GOP establishment suppressed Ron Paul delegates in Main and throughout the country? Remember that time Mitt Romney fought to have Gary Johnson removed from the ballots in key states? Remember that time the GOP continued to alienate and shun the libertarian wing of the party in an every increasing velocity to the big government they used to bemoan? And then just a a few months later here they are groveling for our vote. I already voted for Gary Johnson because he wants to balance the budget NOW rather than Romney/Ryan whose plan might balance the budget by 2045. I’ll vote for the candidate whose values most align with mine. That’s not a wasted vote. To hell with anyone who believes otherwise.

neightkelly on November 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I’d vote for Paul over Johnson because at least Paul has been consistent and has attempted to sell his message and believes it.

Johnson? I still ask “who?”.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

If I want to reward someone for merely existing I’ll vote for a liberal.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

It worked for Obama and his Nobel Peace Prize…

socalcon on November 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

And see how that worked out for us. ;)

So Johnson wants us to reward him in the same manner? Yeah, okay.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Please view this and tell me where Bill Whittle goes wrong.

diogenes on November 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Whittle is wrong because Obama and Romney are both statist enemies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. A billion dollars worth of propaganda, possibly including Bill Whittle for all I know, even though I’ve enjoyed many of his videos in the past and expect to in the future unless he has become a total sell out like a lot of other people I used to respect.

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

My heart is in my throat. I’m so keyed up about the election tomorrow. I go to bed and pray every night for a Mitt Romney victory. God save our country.

Excellent video!

COgirl on November 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

(Finishing a thought from above)

…a billion dollars worth of propaganda doesn’t change that.

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM

O/T But I love this guy as much as Bill Whittle. I just about spewed when he said “So when the people who couldn’t repay their loans unexpectedly didn’t repay their loans…”

pos4thst on November 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Ed Morrissey, party shill incapable of independent thought.

“Even if you don’t think either of the two candidates represents your values and principles, one of them comes closer than the other”

Ed wouldn’t know the first thing about principles, right Mr. I’m Endorsing Rick Santorum?

Dante on November 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Blah blah blah blah.

It is more than economics. When the Middle East goes to pot and the well funded courtesy of Obama Muslim Brotherhood comes by and blows something up or kills a few more ambassadors and we give up the goods to the Russians on a few more of our allies (if we have any left) then you can go sit in your bunker mumbling incoherently.

Until then, the adults will do the heavy lifting and make the practical decisions.

Your welcome. Now go play in traffic.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

crud. You’re.

kim roy on November 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

FloatingRock on November 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Bingo. These left/right – dem/repub – good/evil – lemmings don’t like to hear the truth. Sorry statist a$$clowns but you can vote for the “lesser” of two evils all you want. The end game is the same – a statist that supports individual mandates, endless foreign interventions, more debt/deficit, more bailouts, NDAA, TSA violations of our rights, Patriot Act 1&2, SOPA/PIPA, and less liberty. I already voted and it was against Rombama and Obamney so suck zombies.

MoreLiberty on November 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

pianomomma on November 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

On the contrary, they are the ones who most rightly have grounds to complain.

Dante on November 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

While I appreciate Mr. Whittle’s input, I make no apologies for casting my vote for Gov. Johnson. My conscience wouldn’t settle for anything less.

Inkblots on November 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM