Quotes of the day

posted at 11:04 pm on November 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

Romney’s crowds are building—28,000 in Morrisville, Pa., last night; 30,000 in West Chester, Ohio, Friday It isn’t only a triumph of advance planning: People came, they got through security and waited for hours in the cold. His rallies look like rallies now, not enactments. In some new way he’s caught his stride. He looks happy and grateful. His closing speech has been positive, future-looking, sweetly patriotic. His closing ads are sharp—the one about what’s going on at the rallies is moving.

All the vibrations are right A person who is helping him who is not a longtime Romneyite told me, yesterday: “I joined because I was anti Obama—I’m a patriot, I’ll join up But now I am pro-Romney.” Why? “I’ve spent time with him and I care about him and admire him. He’s a genuinely good man.” Looking at the crowds on TV, hearing them chant “Three more days” and “Two more days”—it feels like a lot of Republicans have gone from anti-Obama to pro-Romney.

Something old is roaring back. One of the Romney campaign’s surrogates, who appeared at a rally with him the other night, spoke of the intensity and joy of the crowd “I worked the rope line, people wouldn’t let go of my hand.” It startled him. A former political figure who’s been in Ohio told me this morning something is moving with evangelicals, other church-going Protestants and religious Catholics. He said what’s happening with them is quiet, unreported and spreading: They really want Romney now, they’ll go out and vote, the election has taken on a new importance to them.

I suspect both Romney and Obama have a sense of what’s coming, and it’s part of why Romney looks so peaceful and Obama so roiled.

***

Mitt Romney’s record, to put it gently, has not always been that of a National Review conservative. The more we have learned about the health-care plan he got enacted in Massachusetts, the less wise we consider it. During his campaign he has too often been unimaginative or vague on health care, federal spending, and taxes. Yet he has also stood, riskily, for a necessary reform of entitlements. He has vowed to be a reliable ally of pro-lifers and judicial conservatives. Without indicating any desire to go to war with Iran, he has treated its nuclear ambitions, and the increased power their realization would gain it, with an appropriate alarm (and we trust Tehran would read his election as a negative development). He has made it clear that in cutting spending he would be mindful that the national defense is the federal government’s foremost responsibility. In choosing Paul Ryan as his prospective vice president he has shown far better judgment than Obama, whose own pick weekly demonstrates that the categories of buffoon and demagogue are not mutually exclusive.

In this election we are proud to stand with Mitt Romney over the vain collectivist in the White House, and we hope the voters will make the same decision.

***

Many (including myself) have been critical of the Romney campaign for not being aggressive enough in laying out a domestic policy vision and an agenda for getting us beyond the collapsing liberal welfare state. But the most important plank of such an agenda—the domestic policy challenge that matters most if we are to avert a fiscal catastrophe and replace liberal statism with conservative dynamism—is the challenge of Medicare reform. And on that front, Romney has shown more courage than any Republican presidential nominee in the history of the liberal welfare state—not only proposing a significant reform, but proposing just the right reform, and doing so despite countless warnings about the political risk. And he didn’t just propose it, but he pressed the Medicare issue when it mattered, and seems to have essentially defused the political risk while helping make a market-based reform of Medicare the consensus Republican position. This has been, to put it mildly, no small feat…

Mitt Romney has shown that he deserves to win this election. He deserves to win not just for being a better choice than his opponent, but also for giving us some reason to believe that he may really be up to some of the daunting challenges confronting whoever will be president in the coming years. No leader can do everything he should, and no presidency can be devoid of countless failures, embarrassments, and missed opportunities. The question is whether a leader is basically focused on the right priorities, and whether a president gets the big things right. The Romney campaign has suggested that Mitt Romney could well be up to doing that. And in the process of running a campaign that suggests this, he has also shown himself to be a decent, serious person with a high-minded sense of what it is to run for office. His opponent has not. No one could mistake him for the messiah, but Romney could be a pretty good chief executive for the federal government. And that’s saying a lot.

***

Against all odds, Romney is feeling like a winner.

Even as polls show him trailing, albeit narrowly, in most battleground states, Romney has seen the final chapter of his 20-year quest for the presidency take on a cinematic quality. He’s speaking, for the first time, to huge, zealous crowds. His rhetoric has gotten loftier, and his voice often takes on the tone of a true believer as he declares that his campaign “has become a movement.”

“This is exciting,” the candidate exclaimed at one point. “Isn’t this exciting?”

“To a lot of us who are exhausted just because we have long days like this, you know, we feed off his energy,” Madden said. “Right now, I think he’s just in a really great place and he’s enjoying this.”

***

I’m going to make my predictions on this race based on more than just the polls. Over the past few months there have been many indicators that this race is going to be drastically different from the one we saw in 2008 — Romney’s crowd sizes, volunteer efforts, fundraising efforts, and a change in the Obama campaign from presenting the candidate as an uplifting symbol of hope to presenting him as a beleaguered president trying to claw his way to reelection.

First, I believe Romney will squeeze out a popular-vote win of about two percentage points: 50.5 to 48.5 (I’m assuming about 1 percent of the vote will go third party). This margin will be enough for Romney to win the Electoral College. Just last week, I would have predicted a slightly larger victory, but Hurricane Sandy cut a little bit of the edge Romney had by providing Obama with one last chance to leverage the advantage of the incumbency…

My final Electoral College prediction is 295 for Romney to 243 for Obama. We’ll find out in two days how close I am, but if Republicans come out Tuesday like the party-identification polls from Gallup and Rasmussen have predicted, I feel confident that Romney is going to shock the conventional wisdom set by the media and be announced as the next president of the United States.

***

“My sense about this is fairly simple,” Hume said. “We’re looking at a national race, which is, for all intents and purposes, tied. We are looking at a set of state polls in the battleground states that suggests President Obama is leading — he is leading in most of these polls. And most reporters would look at that and say, ‘Well, if that’s the case, it looks like President Obama is going to win.’ And that is what a lot of people think. That is kind of the conventional wisdom.”

“However, a number of those polls have a remarkably large number of Democrats in the sample — more Democrats, in some cases, than turned out by percentage on Election Day four years ago, which was a big year for the Democrats,” Hume continued. “They don’t expect to have as big a year. So, those polls are troubling. Now, it would be unprecedented for this many polls reflecting a similar outcome to be wrong, which is why I think people are reluctant to draw that conclusion. But there’s something wrong here.”

***

It’s not enough for the GOP to win tomorrow. It needs to win big, a win so convincing that even the Left won’t be able to explain it away. The definition of victory in war is not a 50.1 percent majority that allows the other side to keep fighting — it’s the battleship Missouri, on whose deck the losing side signs articles of capitulation. The modern Left — the unholy spawn of ’30s gangland and ’60s academic Marxism — must be forced to its knees in surrender.

There’s a honored place in our political system for a leftist party, one that pushes for improvement in areas that need improving, but not one devoted to revolutionary “fundamental change.” A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote against the socialist elements that seized control of the JFK/Scoop Jackson Democratic party in 1972, and has worked against America’s best interests ever since. A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote for a restoration of the old Jacksonian — Andrew, that is — Democratic party, a true populist party shorn of its Communist accretions that is every bit as all-American as the other guys. Unless and until this happens, though, the modern donkeys will continue their war on the Constitution, convinced they are on the side of the angels, and taking solace in the late Ted Kennedy’s words, “the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.”

It’s up to the electorate tomorrow to show them that the dream is really a nightmare, from which it’s time to awake, that the cause of America always endures, and the work of restoring our founding principles begins anew today.

***

***

Via Daily Rushbo.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10 11

Bayview, if you’re going to do cross over “low brow” opera go with work like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLVbIT-y7ts

Mitsouko, I love mascagni, so under scheduled in the operahouse these days. I have always wanted the meditation from Thais to play if my partner and I get married.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Love it!!

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Just because I think its probably illegal to play only ONE Roy Orbison tune…and I like this one.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Mitt is a very intelligent numbers guy…he seems quite optimistic the last few days/events and tonight Obama at his last ever rally looked depleted and cried….they both know!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!

jaygatz33 on November 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I just saw a Crossroads ad attacking Obama on Univision in Southern California… hopefully that means they had cash to spare.

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Yes, for someone who is conservative, I should not forget Maria Callas. But she had terrible taste in man.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I’m kind of stunned at all the election day surgeries.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Not really. Everyone is probably getting everything done in case Ocare can’t be repealed. No senate control = no repeal. I know I’ve been getting every test done that I’ve ever put off (e.g. bone density, etc.)

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Carter can fill him in on how to be a gigantic pain in the hinquarters for the rest of his life.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

He was an awful POTUS, but he topped it as a disgrace as an ex-POTUS.

I think it’s probably surpassable by Odumbo, mainly because he’s got the media in his pocket like Carter never had.

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Maybe – Joplin

Because Flora inspired me!

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

…T R O L L C O T T
the POLL TROLL…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Here is an interesting fact: the first Tuesday in November has fallen on a Tuesday for 100 years in a row back all the way to 1912 when it fell on a Wednesday.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

God doesn’t give him the hurricane if he doesn’t want him to win.

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

So you’re counting on a kamikaze to save his arse? Good luck with that.

DarkCurrent on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Oh Happy Day

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Well? Do you have a prediction on PV and/or EV?

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I agree, they love their little plastic idol.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

LOL. I just saw the Nate Silver moved Florida to Obama’s column. He’s nuts.

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I should not forget Maria Callas. But she had terrible taste in man.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

She really did…I find her whole story so immeasureably sad. An amazing talent whose voice and life was taken by heart break far too soon. I shall always hate Aristotle.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

whatcat on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Thank you!

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

DarkCurrent on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

…gee thanks!

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Thanks for the story about your dad. That is reassuring.

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I was going to say it’s almost like outpatient surgery these days, but that sounds belittling ’cause it is a big deal, but the doctors who do the surgery do it so often it’s not a big deal to them!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Yes, probably can’t beat Boston Pop featuring Kathleen Battle.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Brad Thor: I Have It From A Reliable Source In the Chicago Camp That Obama Plans To Declare Victory Early Tomorrow, In Order to Demoralize Romney Voters
—Ace

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

That makes sense.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

DarkCurrent on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Benghazi and a hurricane, nothing says Vote Obama like people suffering violent deaths.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I can’t believe I’m giving you all my best pre-election pep music, but you’re welcome (assuming you have taste) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZR6_ysIeMc

Oh Moses Hogan, you went too soon.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

It does sound better than when my daughters 4th grade class did it for their spring concert a few years ago!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Doesn’t the media usually call the winner? Although I think Gore tried that in 2000.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Before I fall once again into the Great White Biscuit that is my bed, I wanted to leave everyone with something on their pillows as well, a thought to carry you through tomorrow, a day that at once will be anxious and exhilarating:

Love means never having to say Obama.

;-)

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Angela Gheorghiu, La Traviata: Addio del passato

I was looking for the one with Georg Solti at Covent Garden, but couldn’t find it…

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I saw an ad that Colin Powell cut for Obama this evening. I had not seen it before. Were any of you aware that Obama saved the oil industry?

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Thank you, TXUS! Goodnight, and sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Amen!

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I shall always hate Aristotle.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Jackie fell for him too…

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Why wouldn’t he try that?
The man just wept, shamelessly, on national TV!!
(No, I don’t think that a man should never cry. But, a man shouldn’t cry to try to get votes in a presidential election.)

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Romey will win PV: 51-48..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM

LOL! I was surprised ‘walked on water’ wasn’t in there, too. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

*yawn*

I gotta go pray. I have some new questions about free will. Then to the sack. Not an actual sack. Kind of makes you wonder about some people’s living conditions when we have “hit the sack” in our language. Burlap? A stack of sacks in a barn? Military language? I dunno. I have a bed. It’s not very comfortable, but it’s no sack.

Better than a floor, though. Would hate to “hit the floor.” Maybe alcoholics say that when they are retiring — going to go hit the floor. It would suck to sleep on a floor, or to be an alcoholic, or to be an alcoholic that slept on a floor — though maybe each would make the other more bearable.

Many unanswered questions.

We made it to election day. Have a great day today!

Night everyone. Night Jack!

*poof*

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

—Ace

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

That is typical.

In 2000 I think the media released exit polls for FL before voting had finished in the panhandle–it’s a different time zone. This is the first I’ve heard of a campaign doing that.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I laugh every time I hear you jingling your keys, Gingotts. My Dad used to do that when he was impatient with something (usually one of us kids).

jffree1 on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

As far as using it as a troll response, it was originally Peterman’s idea. It’s referencing the Velvet Revolution. Protestors would take out their keys and jingle them as a way of telling the Communists “It is time for you to go.” So I do it because I believe that these trolls – one in particular – needs to go after his despicable irreverent comments regarding Benghazi and Hurricane Sandy.

My keys remain jingling there… but if TROLLCOTT is what ultimately gets it to go and cleans up the place around here, then very well. Just as long as they go.

Gingotts on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Ever read any Kropotkin?

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I never! And by the way, no one forced Callas into his bed, either.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I’ve got a long nerve wracking day tomorrow, so I’m going to turn in now.

We can must do this folks – Let’s Roll!

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I think there were some other miracles thrown in there but that one really stuck out. It was so stupid I’m not sure that I didn’t misunderstand.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

New York Times best-selling author Brad Thor, based in Chicago, tells TheBlaze that the Obama campaign may be planning to preemptively announce victory in the presidential election based on early voting numbers in an attempt to “demoralize Mitt Romney supporters.”

Citing a “very solid source” in Chicago, Thor says the Obama campaign is looking to make it appear to voters that they have “this thing sewed up and are less than 24 hours to victory,” according to his source.

Meanwhile, team Obama will also urge voters to get out and vote so they can say they were part of the important 2012 election that resulted in a second term for Obama.

After what we’ve seen from Obama this year, it does sound like something he’d do.

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Sleep tight, we are thinking about you and Sandy.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

LOL. I just saw the Nate Silver moved Florida to Obama’s column. He’s nuts.

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

LOL. Why doesn’t he just add his name onto Cramer’s map and get it over with?

Gingotts on November 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Goodnight, Axe. Sleep well. It was nice to see you again. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

DarkCurrent on November 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Please do not feed the trolls.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

A keynote of desperation. He’s at a low ebb.

I loved the list with 5 military endorsements for Obama…. and 500 endorsements from Generals and Admirals for Romney!

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I guess I will hit the hay myself. No Red Eye tonight or tomorrow. Gosh I hope that means they are going to repeat O’Reilly over and over again. Can you imagine how tired all these people involved in the campaigns and the media are?

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Goodnight, Flora! Sleep well. See you soon. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

In the event of a Romney/Ryan win.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Makes me really wonder about those five.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Goodnight, Cindy. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

LOL. I just saw the Nate Silver moved Florida to Obama’s column. He’s nuts.

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

When did he move Sharron Angle, Derek Jeter and the UK Parliament?

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Sorry, one last thought for tomorrow:

TROLLCOTT!!!

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Jeez…that seems a little young for such a complicated piece! But if you’re not familiar with Moses Hogan spirituals here are two more that are amazing.

This ones my favorite. Soprano 1 is the TRUTH!

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:48 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Quite a contrasts, isn’t it? I hope Romney takes the time to straighten out military voting. There is no doubt in my mind that Democrat election officials and politicians do what they can to disenfranchise the troops, and those lists exemplify the reason.

By the way, I was still around when SoCal and Kenny got ugly the other night. You have given SoCal every chance, but by his own description he is a jerk. Frankly, I have some more colorful adjectives for him.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

G’night Cindy

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

In Dreams – Orbison

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I’ll have to remember to pass Orbison on to my daughter. She now likes everything from Big Band from the 40′s to Journey. All the stuff that was around before her. It’s fun to watch.

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

‘nite Seven Percent Solution

that was a movie about coke, wasn’t it?

jaime on November 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Close, but no see-gar.
Novel by Nicholas Meyer purporting to be a lost manuscript by Dr. Watson about Holmes being treated for cocaine addiction by Freud.
A real hoot.
Saw the movie in a theater filled with younguns who apparently had no knowledge of either Holmes or Freud, because none of them laughed at the jokes.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Now that is sweet.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I am a southwestern Buckeye and I believe that Romney will win this state. People here have a gut feeling that this country is on the wrong track. The Tea Party rallies and the support of Chick-Fil-A proved that Americans were looking for a way to express their concern and determination to stop this madness. Tomorrow will be an incredible coming together to right this ship of state. People are anxious to do their part to end the nightmare that is Barack Obama. Have confidence. Americans have always risen to any challenge. We can do this. We will do this. It is who we are. Everyone I talk to can’t wait to vote, and I honestly haven’t seen anything like this before. Take heart, just like I tell my grandkids, good always triumphs over evil.

JannyMc on November 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Cry Baby

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

LOL! Perfect.

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

It is a contrast and I sent that list out to everyone on my email lists, both personal and professional. Everyone was impressed with it.

There are five GOP senators who’ve sent a letter to Panetta as the formal beginning of an effort to force effective change of the current policy and procedures for getting ballots to our military personnel to end that very disenfranchisement. They want it completed by 2014. It should have been a priority long ago. Those who serve have the most right to vote, in my opinion.

I’ve no interest in either one of them. He exposed himself for what he is, and that was satisfaction enough.

I appreciate your sentiments on the matter, though. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM

If the election were held today Romney would win. But it’s too far out to be using polls cause anything can happen between now and the election.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

**Snort** Usually only Katy the Mean Old Lady makes me snort!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

It won’t matter. It’s all factored in.

The risible part is the “he’s such a nice guy” theme.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM

You Made Me Love You – Harry James/Helen Forrest

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

El_Terrible on November 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I wonder if anyone at the Democratic hq’s remembered (or even knows) that the LDS Church sends thousands of missionaries to Spanish-speaking countries every year, and they come back loving the people and fluent in the language.

I’ve had two robo-calls from Romney’s campaign with recordings made by a Hispanic person.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Has anyone seen Lord of War??..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Winner takes it all

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM

BREAKING NEWS:

Obama just ordered a drone strike on half of Dixville Notch.

profitsbeard on November 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

profitsbeard on November 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Made me laugh!

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Begin The Beguine – Artie Shaw

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM

They must get the military voting system fixed and removed from political interference. Period.

As for those other two, haven’t seen them since. They may be in for a shock somewhere up the road.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM
did you notice jack…when the housing projects in NY
thought they might not be able to vote…BHO & co
tried moving hell and high water,, even saying
‘maybe they could vote online or by cell phone’
but the votes of americas finest servicemen….not so much

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

FWIW, driving up the road in the Denver ‘burbs today with my Romney stickers on three sides of the car, a little blue job with 2 twenty-something guys honked and waved, and a truck driver at the gas station admired my signs and agreed that if we got stuck with Obama four more years we were all toast.

If I had had the time, I would have driven on up to the People’s Republic of Boulder to try my luck.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

This ones my favorite. Soprano 1 is the TRUTH!

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:48 AM

They spent the whole year on spirituals and other African based music. I imagine the teacher “dumbed it down” for them. It was fun for her and she learned a lot.

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

In the Mood

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I’ve seen The Wings of War, The war of the rings, the rings of the lord, the lord of war, the rings of the war, the lord of the wings but not the Wings of the lord.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Classic. I haven’t heard that one in sooooo long.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Disgusting

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I find it interesting that the left has such a problem with voter ID laws, claiming, erroneously, that they might disenfranchise minority voters, and yet they have not one word to say about thousands of military personnel BEING systematically disenfranchised.

It reminds me of all that war protesting going on under Bush, that ceased as soon as Obama took office. The casualty rate under Obama has eclipsed the entire total under Bush, the use of drones has multiplied dramatically, yet not one word out of the anti-war crowd.

This is one of the many reasons they will lose today.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

LoLz..It is a pretty good flick..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Did BJ just shiv Barry?

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM

That…and himself.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

That’s one of my favorites. It’s also quite fitting today! I’m in the mood to elect Romney as president today, and run that charlatan Obama out of town Inauguration Day!

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Working the graveyard shift at a liberal Iowa college. It’s cold and damp. Passing the hours until 7:00AM when I can leave and go right to the pools.

Romney. No other choice. Before, because I had to.

Now, because I want to. Something HAS changed. It’s been building.

If it hasn’t bee done yet:

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man’s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call’d the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam’d,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say ‘To-morrow is Saint Crispian.’
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say ‘These wounds I had on Crispian’s day.’
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Get out there and VOTE! We SHALL overcome!

Five hours and 40 minutes to go…

Kraken on November 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM

bills choice of words sounded like….biden wrote it…

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Romney/Ryan again!! 2016!!

Ugly on November 6, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Happy Birthday Benedict Nelson and KCB.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Thank you! :)

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 2:21 AM

That…and himself.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Really. A remarkable blind spot for a man who lied to the nation and lied under oath when he was president.

Can you spell d-e-n-i-a-l? I knew that you could.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Stardust – Artie Shaw

I bid you all goodnight. Its been a real pleasure, as always. See you soon!

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Schadenfreude

BJ got his hand caught in the cigar box.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Happy Birthday Benedict Nelson and KCB.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Ditto, guys. Happy Birthday! I must have missed the announcements.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM