Quotes of the day

posted at 11:04 pm on November 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

Romney’s crowds are building—28,000 in Morrisville, Pa., last night; 30,000 in West Chester, Ohio, Friday It isn’t only a triumph of advance planning: People came, they got through security and waited for hours in the cold. His rallies look like rallies now, not enactments. In some new way he’s caught his stride. He looks happy and grateful. His closing speech has been positive, future-looking, sweetly patriotic. His closing ads are sharp—the one about what’s going on at the rallies is moving.

All the vibrations are right A person who is helping him who is not a longtime Romneyite told me, yesterday: “I joined because I was anti Obama—I’m a patriot, I’ll join up But now I am pro-Romney.” Why? “I’ve spent time with him and I care about him and admire him. He’s a genuinely good man.” Looking at the crowds on TV, hearing them chant “Three more days” and “Two more days”—it feels like a lot of Republicans have gone from anti-Obama to pro-Romney.

Something old is roaring back. One of the Romney campaign’s surrogates, who appeared at a rally with him the other night, spoke of the intensity and joy of the crowd “I worked the rope line, people wouldn’t let go of my hand.” It startled him. A former political figure who’s been in Ohio told me this morning something is moving with evangelicals, other church-going Protestants and religious Catholics. He said what’s happening with them is quiet, unreported and spreading: They really want Romney now, they’ll go out and vote, the election has taken on a new importance to them.

I suspect both Romney and Obama have a sense of what’s coming, and it’s part of why Romney looks so peaceful and Obama so roiled.

***

Mitt Romney’s record, to put it gently, has not always been that of a National Review conservative. The more we have learned about the health-care plan he got enacted in Massachusetts, the less wise we consider it. During his campaign he has too often been unimaginative or vague on health care, federal spending, and taxes. Yet he has also stood, riskily, for a necessary reform of entitlements. He has vowed to be a reliable ally of pro-lifers and judicial conservatives. Without indicating any desire to go to war with Iran, he has treated its nuclear ambitions, and the increased power their realization would gain it, with an appropriate alarm (and we trust Tehran would read his election as a negative development). He has made it clear that in cutting spending he would be mindful that the national defense is the federal government’s foremost responsibility. In choosing Paul Ryan as his prospective vice president he has shown far better judgment than Obama, whose own pick weekly demonstrates that the categories of buffoon and demagogue are not mutually exclusive.

In this election we are proud to stand with Mitt Romney over the vain collectivist in the White House, and we hope the voters will make the same decision.

***

Many (including myself) have been critical of the Romney campaign for not being aggressive enough in laying out a domestic policy vision and an agenda for getting us beyond the collapsing liberal welfare state. But the most important plank of such an agenda—the domestic policy challenge that matters most if we are to avert a fiscal catastrophe and replace liberal statism with conservative dynamism—is the challenge of Medicare reform. And on that front, Romney has shown more courage than any Republican presidential nominee in the history of the liberal welfare state—not only proposing a significant reform, but proposing just the right reform, and doing so despite countless warnings about the political risk. And he didn’t just propose it, but he pressed the Medicare issue when it mattered, and seems to have essentially defused the political risk while helping make a market-based reform of Medicare the consensus Republican position. This has been, to put it mildly, no small feat…

Mitt Romney has shown that he deserves to win this election. He deserves to win not just for being a better choice than his opponent, but also for giving us some reason to believe that he may really be up to some of the daunting challenges confronting whoever will be president in the coming years. No leader can do everything he should, and no presidency can be devoid of countless failures, embarrassments, and missed opportunities. The question is whether a leader is basically focused on the right priorities, and whether a president gets the big things right. The Romney campaign has suggested that Mitt Romney could well be up to doing that. And in the process of running a campaign that suggests this, he has also shown himself to be a decent, serious person with a high-minded sense of what it is to run for office. His opponent has not. No one could mistake him for the messiah, but Romney could be a pretty good chief executive for the federal government. And that’s saying a lot.

***

Against all odds, Romney is feeling like a winner.

Even as polls show him trailing, albeit narrowly, in most battleground states, Romney has seen the final chapter of his 20-year quest for the presidency take on a cinematic quality. He’s speaking, for the first time, to huge, zealous crowds. His rhetoric has gotten loftier, and his voice often takes on the tone of a true believer as he declares that his campaign “has become a movement.”

“This is exciting,” the candidate exclaimed at one point. “Isn’t this exciting?”

“To a lot of us who are exhausted just because we have long days like this, you know, we feed off his energy,” Madden said. “Right now, I think he’s just in a really great place and he’s enjoying this.”

***

I’m going to make my predictions on this race based on more than just the polls. Over the past few months there have been many indicators that this race is going to be drastically different from the one we saw in 2008 — Romney’s crowd sizes, volunteer efforts, fundraising efforts, and a change in the Obama campaign from presenting the candidate as an uplifting symbol of hope to presenting him as a beleaguered president trying to claw his way to reelection.

First, I believe Romney will squeeze out a popular-vote win of about two percentage points: 50.5 to 48.5 (I’m assuming about 1 percent of the vote will go third party). This margin will be enough for Romney to win the Electoral College. Just last week, I would have predicted a slightly larger victory, but Hurricane Sandy cut a little bit of the edge Romney had by providing Obama with one last chance to leverage the advantage of the incumbency…

My final Electoral College prediction is 295 for Romney to 243 for Obama. We’ll find out in two days how close I am, but if Republicans come out Tuesday like the party-identification polls from Gallup and Rasmussen have predicted, I feel confident that Romney is going to shock the conventional wisdom set by the media and be announced as the next president of the United States.

***

“My sense about this is fairly simple,” Hume said. “We’re looking at a national race, which is, for all intents and purposes, tied. We are looking at a set of state polls in the battleground states that suggests President Obama is leading — he is leading in most of these polls. And most reporters would look at that and say, ‘Well, if that’s the case, it looks like President Obama is going to win.’ And that is what a lot of people think. That is kind of the conventional wisdom.”

“However, a number of those polls have a remarkably large number of Democrats in the sample — more Democrats, in some cases, than turned out by percentage on Election Day four years ago, which was a big year for the Democrats,” Hume continued. “They don’t expect to have as big a year. So, those polls are troubling. Now, it would be unprecedented for this many polls reflecting a similar outcome to be wrong, which is why I think people are reluctant to draw that conclusion. But there’s something wrong here.”

***

It’s not enough for the GOP to win tomorrow. It needs to win big, a win so convincing that even the Left won’t be able to explain it away. The definition of victory in war is not a 50.1 percent majority that allows the other side to keep fighting — it’s the battleship Missouri, on whose deck the losing side signs articles of capitulation. The modern Left — the unholy spawn of ’30s gangland and ’60s academic Marxism — must be forced to its knees in surrender.

There’s a honored place in our political system for a leftist party, one that pushes for improvement in areas that need improving, but not one devoted to revolutionary “fundamental change.” A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote against the socialist elements that seized control of the JFK/Scoop Jackson Democratic party in 1972, and has worked against America’s best interests ever since. A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote for a restoration of the old Jacksonian — Andrew, that is — Democratic party, a true populist party shorn of its Communist accretions that is every bit as all-American as the other guys. Unless and until this happens, though, the modern donkeys will continue their war on the Constitution, convinced they are on the side of the angels, and taking solace in the late Ted Kennedy’s words, “the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.”

It’s up to the electorate tomorrow to show them that the dream is really a nightmare, from which it’s time to awake, that the cause of America always endures, and the work of restoring our founding principles begins anew today.

***

***

Via Daily Rushbo.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9 11

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM

She was taking responsibility without really taking responsibility. What she said was so general that it was meaningless, but she got PR for it.

Diplomad is a very astute retired US Foreign Service Officer.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Here’s hoping for a Romney landslide tomorrow. If by chance he doesn’t win – may we understand God’s plan in our disappointment.

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM
And if (when) he does win, may we acknowledge God’s hand in the victory.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

amen

conservative tarheel on November 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Did you just make that up?

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

The name, yes, the numbers, no.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

jaime on November 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I agree, Annie does a lovely job with it, too. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

who’s stronger?

the one who is gumming you?…OR….TROLLCOTT?

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

That is a classic!!..Remember The Big Chill??..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

So what’s the trollcot? Are we finally just going to ignore them?

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Yes! I love Angela, I have seen her Violetta at the Met and was devastated. She is one of the only singers left with real morbidezza in the sound, reminiscent of Della Casa or the superlative Virginia Zeani.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

both Romanians and superb voices…Virginia Zeani’s Lucia di Lammermoor is my favorite …my mom was born there and left as a kid with her family, they fled communism and moved to France. She adores both of them and goes to every single opera or concert of Angela in Paris…

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Otay H/A’ERS,I m Bugging OUT,while the Gett’n is Gett’n Good,

tomorrow,may we say,

Sianora,

to HopeLessNess/ChangeLessNess,

aka,

Dopey/Ragey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoodNight Everyone,see you fairly Bright and Early——:)

canopfor on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Can anyone tell me what the atmosphere here was on the day before election night in 2008? Were people excited like this? Hopeful? Just want to make sure I’m not deluding myself thinking we have got this in the bag.

Were people convinced McCain was going to win?

1984 in real life on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Yes, people here thought the polls were wrong and McCain would win.

Same story, different year. The people here are politically ignorant.

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Thanks. This skype thing is gonna be great, and she loved it. Showing off for grandpa. Hope I run into you tomorrow night, thought I know you have company coming.

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Oh Moses Hogan, you went too soon.

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Have sung some of his work. Pure genius.

FWIW, I’ve enjoyed many of your comments and most of your music.
Regardless of what happens tomorrow, keep the conversation going.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

And one just because it is so lovely.

Kathleen Battle, Ombra Mai Fu

Mitsouko on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Actually, since you posed the question, I’m pretty happy with the TROLLCOTT, at least for now.

I’ve pretty much perfected the GAZE Flora was kind enough to point out to us.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Were people convinced McCain was going to win?

1984 in real life on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

They were not. It was more like hoping against hope. Some of Allah Pundit’s recent posts have been about as optimistic as I’ve ever seen him.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Good to see someone accept reality.

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

So what’s the trollcot? Are we finally just going to ignore them?

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Apparently it’s an Amish thing, folks here at HA are trying out.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

‘Nite All

jaime on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Price for a gallon of regular.

July 2008. $4.10 gas. Bush lifts drilling ban.

August 2008. $3.74

November 2009: $2.67

December 2009: $2.60

January 2010: $2.67

February 2010: $2.65

March 2010: $2.75

April 2010: $2.86

Drilling ban goes into effect

May 2010: $2.79

December 2011: $3.23

January 2012: $3.44

February 2012: $3.72

March 2012: $3.93

Source: Consumer Reports

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

A better picture of the empty seats at Barry’s rally in Columbus, OH.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

question…can BHO’s teleprompter get unemployment
after tomorrow night?

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

They’re both going to be recycled to build a super-sweet, high-tech golf cart.

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I’ll be checking in from time to time, and we’re going to raise and glass and toast your birthday, Ken, just as I promised. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Yes, thank you, that was very helpful. Still don’t know why they can’t write them without all the legaleze.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

May God save our Republic.

coldwarrior on November 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Amen!

Good to see you. We’ll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. Let us know when you can how things go.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

fitted for the occasion too :-)

‘At dawn, we shall win’ :-)…

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

We can only hope

Have we come to the crossroads of our country? Castaway.

JPeterman on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

jaime on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Goodnight, Jaime! Excellent tunes, as always. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

That’s right! It’s your birthday, too! Happy birthday! :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Thanks :D

I’ll be on here a lot today, when I’m not off voting R&R + Deb Fischer and celebrating with my family. I have looked forward to this day since I first got to register to comment here!

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Good Night Jaime, Sleep Well.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I wish you much joy and many returns of the day. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Shiny.

cptacek on November 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Firefly?

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Dangit! I meant to say that after quoting the Adam Baldwin tweet about Obama crying. Would have made tons more sense!

cptacek on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Happy Birthday!

And you too Ken, if you see this.

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Thanks, Flora! :)

Benedict Nelson on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Note this

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

gophergirl on November 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

The Husband is taking a similar stance but presented it to me as the country declining to the point of being worthy of being forsaken. I have a different take on it, if The Won wins, I believe he is going to be punished in a very glaring and public way. I think all his shenanigans are going to blow up in his face and he will wish that he had lost.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

So what’s the trollcot? Are we finally just going to ignore them?

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Yeah, it’s apparently about ignoring trolls and typing TROLLCOTT in bold every five posts or so.

It’s been a week or two now since I’ve been able to hear the trolls over the jingling of my keys anyway… but the TROLLCOTT part is great fun, so I’m on board.

Gingotts on November 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Thanks Dire!

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Another one for the opera lovers…one of my faves.

Don Carlo…O Dio Che nel alma infondere. It’s the whole scene, the best part starts at 4.26

Mitsouko on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Oh now you went and done did it! Don Carlo clips? How about the greatest O Don Fatale ever recorded. That chest voice, those clarion high B’s, the most intentional phrasing and passionate delivery you’ll EVER hear. May she only rest in peace…

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

cptacek on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Ah, frell it. :)

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Apparently it’s an Amish thing, folks here at HA are trying out.

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

LOL!

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I dunno. Bush the Elder, Perot, Buchanan.. I’m not seeing the curve of the arc. Hell, I worked for McGovern and voted for Carter before Reagan gave me hope that a Republican could be principled. I was a strange fit in the anti-war McGovern bunch because I wasn’t a pacifist but didn’t believe the government was capable of competently prosecuting the war and I had friends fighting, some wounded and some killed and for what? Then Nixon gave me the creeps from the get-go. I knew something was broken and something was crooked with him. So I kind of evolved, but I have always been borderline libertarian/anarchist type.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Sorry, Dire! I almost missed your post! Yes, I do remember. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Didn’t finish with the Challenger flag anecdote. That’s great awareness from Romney, and shows this campaign is indeed that polished. It’s a great story, but he knows that just about everybody watching this rally probably saw at least one other on TV in the past week, and already heard it. So instead he hammered all of the policy points for a great review of his campaign message and preview of his first 100 days. Excellent rally.

Gingotts on November 5, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Looked up the flag story after I got home from the Red Rocks Rally (first time I had heard it). At the request of the LDS Church, the flag was flown during the Olympics in Salt Lake City.
Reckon Mitt had a hand in getting it there?

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

cptacek on November 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Lol. It did seem a little out of place. (I do like the term, though. Wish I had confidence that I could use it and people wouldn’t look at me all crazy. :))

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Evening RedCrow, big day tomorrow, feeling very good about the finish. You?

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Thanks Flora! I will think of you and Sandy tomorrow afternoon.

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Liberal Energy Policy, in tabular form.
(“Under my plan, the cost of energy will necessarily skyrocket.”)

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Most masculine duet ever? Richard Tucker/Robert Merrill at the 1972 Bing Gala, *swoon* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWMJch4DS4

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Angela Gheorghiu is great, but my taste in opera is more low brow.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM

And if (when) he does win, may we acknowledge God’s hand in the victory.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

For me, it’s like sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting for the doctor to come out and give you the news on a loved one. You know at that point there’s nothing you can do and that it’s now in God’s hands. In this scenario, that loved one is this country and I pray that God in His infinite wisdom gives the decent people of this country one more chance to save it.

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Im voting at 9:30 for Mitt and Paul then off to knee surgery. Great day!

rickyricardo on November 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Good luck! Hope everything goes well.!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Evening RedCrow, big day tomorrow, feeling very good about the finish. You?

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I predicted R&R at 280EV.
(But, you know me, always the pessimist.)

I won’t really feel any relief until Romney lays his hand on the Bible in January.

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Adam Baldwin’s a conservative? Oh fine, I guess you can have one good looking one….

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

How will the unemployed and under employed vote..?

d1carter on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

That’s not the way the real world works.

Fate or God or Mother Nature gave Obama the election with the hurricane. When he wins, there’s no punishment coming for him. The man is truly Blessed, and the storm proves it.

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

OH! And, good evening, Mr. B. :)
(Manners.)
(Well, you know I’m a yank. But–southern at heart.)

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

libertarian/anarchist type.

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Yeah but, the anarchy thing is an illusion. It doesn’t exist. It calls out to me (and you, apparently) and says it’s freedom, but it’s really a crossover point, an instant, where a structure collapses on one side and strong men vie for power on the other. Anarchy is just nascent tyranny. Pure tyranny, too, since the whole structure that forms is strong, stronger, strongest. So basically, anarchy is lying it’s ass off.

Cool flag though. And love the black and white.

Just talking. :)

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

And if (when) he does win, may we acknowledge God’s hand in the victory.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

God wants Obama to win, which is why the storm happened. He had no chance without it.

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

It’s Over Orbison

You know who this is for… because tomorrow… IT’S OVER.

R&R by 4 points, 300 + EV.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Karma rocks.
But I would rather he simply be retired tomorrow.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

ibfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana was what I walked down the aisle to when I got married…I just LOVE that piece.

Mitsouko on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM

As my fellow “liberal troll” I won’t judge you too harshly, but perhaps encourage you to at least listen to women who are meant to sing Carmen, Angela G is amazing, but she’s no kinda carmen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGs7pHUIhso

libfreeordie on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I’m thinking 3-4 myself. I don’t think it is gonna be real close.

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Well best get to sleep, want to be rested to greet all the voters first thing. 0 is Done! His rope is a blaze.
May the stain on the Great Nation be removed.

Good Night All

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Amen.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Neither do I. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Brilliant idea with TROLLCOTT, folks.

The less response they get, the more outraged they become.

The more outraged they become, the more hateful things they say.

The more hateful things they say, the more they turn off those reading them.

The more they turn off those reading them, the fewer vote for the campaigns they support and the candidates they endorse.

northdallasthirty on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Mitsouko on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

bravo… *applause

equanimous on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Good night B! Hope to run into you on a crazy thread tomorrow night.

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Night Bmore. Nice seeing you again. :)

Axe on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Goodnight, Bmore! Have a great day tomorrow. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Oh, and one other thing. Go Amish!

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Were people convinced McCain was going to win?

1984 in real life on November 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

No, nothing like this. In 2008, on the eve of the election, no one here thought McCain would win, a complete RINO he was and also someone who’d despised the base and those who would ultimately form the Tea Party groups. In short, he was seen as media diva, not to be trusted, no matter that he chose Palin (a gimmick, as his campaign thought, and who then went all out to undermine her). No, there was not the enthusiasm back then, hardly none at all.

What has happened since, Obama has proved himself the socialist we knew he was back then, but Romney is no McCain, he actually wants to try to right the ship and has the background to do it, which McCain didn’t have then or now. Then again, if Jesus had been the Republican nominee in 2008, He too would’ve lost.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

O God, we acknowledge You today as Lord,
Not only of individuals, but of nations and governments.

We thank You for the privilege
Of being able to organize ourselves politically
And of knowing that political loyalty
Does not have to mean disloyalty to You.

We thank You for Your law,
Which our Founding Fathers acknowledged
And recognized as higher than any human law.
We thank You for the opportunity that this election year
puts before us,
To exercise our solemn duty not only to vote,
But to influence countless others to vote,
And to vote correctly.

Lord, we pray that Your people may be awakened.
Let them realize that while politics is not their
salvation,
Their response to You requires that they be politically
active.

Awaken Your people to know that they are not called to be
a sect fleeing the world
But rather a community of faith renewing the world.

Awaken them that the same hands lifted up to You in prayer
Are the hands that pull the lever in the voting booth;
That the same eyes that read Your Word
Are the eyes that read the names on the ballot,
And that they do not cease to be Christians
When they enter the voting booth.

Awaken Your people to a commitment to justice,
To the sanctity of marriage and the family,
To the dignity of each individual human life,
And to the truth that human rights begin when Human Lives
Begin,
And not one moment later.

Lord, we rejoice today
That we are citizens of Your kingdom.

May that make us all the more committed
To being faithful citizens on earth.

We ask this through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen.

TarheelBen on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

You know who this is for… because tomorrow… IT’S OVER.

R&R by 4 points, 300 + EV.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

How about those New Hampshire results?!?!

Obama 28
Romney 14

The Hurricane Bump in full effect.

I TOLD YOU SO

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

So what’s the trollcot? Are we finally just going to ignore them?

Mark1971 on November 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

The general idea is non-engagement. The trolls feed on attention and thrive on provoking frustration and anger. So don’t converse and don’t quote them. (The exception being gumby’s sh!tty Benghazi remark, which may be hung around its neck like a dead albatross whenever it sticks its head up. Just mangle its handle in case it gets paid by the mention. Indirect mentions and direct mockery of trolls would be ok.

But it is all a bit vague as you might expect given the informal nature of the organization attempting to enforce the TROLLCOT!

novaculus on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

R&R by 4 points, 300 + EV.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Hope you’re right, Jackie. (Good tune.)

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Heya, Dire. What’s your call on PV & EV?

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

northdallasthirty on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hoist on their own petards, as it were.
On the other hand,
“If you give a troll an answer…”

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Karma rocks.
But I would rather he simply be retired tomorrow.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

There is no karma for Obama.

God doesn’t give him the hurricane if he doesn’t want him to win.

gumbyandpokey on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I am crashing too. The time has come. I believe we are equal to the task. i will see you folks tomorrow! Good night Jackie. Good night B9.

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Oh, and one other thing. Go Amish!

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

…night bud!

N O…P O L L…T R O L L…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

INC on November 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

In sum: If he lets Hillary “accept” responsibility he has diminished even further his claim to the Presidency and reminds everyone of Hillary’s very effective 2008 anti-Obama ad about the call at 3 am. He appears a small man, hiding behind a courageous woman. If he accepts responsibility, he has a lot of explaining to do and even the docile media will not be able to let that go.

i like Diplomads point here….almost what i was saying…
thanks for the links…

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Gingotts on November 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I laugh every time I hear you jingling your keys, Gingotts. My Dad used to do that when he was impatient with something (usually one of us kids).

jffree1 on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Im voting at 9:30 for Mitt and Paul then off to knee surgery. Great day!

rickyricardo on November 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Good luck! Hope everything goes well.!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I agree. I’ll be praying for you as well. I’m kind of stunned at all the election day surgeries.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

In Dreams – Orbison

Just because I think its probably illegal to play only ONE Roy Orbison tune…and I like this one.

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Indeed, when he’s not too nasty and race-focused :)

———-
Happy Birthday Benedict Nelson and KCB.

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Is it me or are there now 6 green room posts versus the 4? If/when Romney wins, may he can repeal the new format by executive order and re-instate the old green room as it was. I still don’t like it.

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

You’re welcome. He’s had outstanding posts on Benghazi and Fast & Furious.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Goodnight, Ken. Sleep well! See you soon. :)

thatsafactjack on November 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

TxAnn56 on November 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Yes. Thank you.

INC on November 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

northdallasthirty on November 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Exactly why I have never engaged them, with a couple of exceptions when they’ve threatened someone or been disrespectful of a woman commenter.

Trollcotting works every time it’s tried.

TXUS on November 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Little Liberal Miss, Little Liberal Miss, Can’t But Be Wrong…

M2RB: Spin Doctors

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Ugly, but the truth!

Night Owl on November 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Oh, and one other thing. Go Amish!

Bmore on November 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Lol. See ya, Mr. B.

RedCrow on November 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

The End

Schadenfreude on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

it also supports thomas sowell point here…
cooling out the mark….er vote in this case..

going2mars on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Cry Baby

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

If the election were held today Romney would win. But it’s too far out to be using polls cause anything can happen between now and the election.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

But I would rather he simply be retired tomorrow.

AesopFan on November 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Yep, I think that is my first and second choice. I’m sure Jimah Carter can fill him in on how to be a gigantic pain in the hinquarters for the rest of his life.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

KCB on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

…happy bithday!…would have been nice if B9 would have come out to sing! (:-<)

KOOLAID2 on November 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM