Quotes of the day

posted at 11:04 pm on November 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

Romney’s crowds are building—28,000 in Morrisville, Pa., last night; 30,000 in West Chester, Ohio, Friday It isn’t only a triumph of advance planning: People came, they got through security and waited for hours in the cold. His rallies look like rallies now, not enactments. In some new way he’s caught his stride. He looks happy and grateful. His closing speech has been positive, future-looking, sweetly patriotic. His closing ads are sharp—the one about what’s going on at the rallies is moving.

All the vibrations are right A person who is helping him who is not a longtime Romneyite told me, yesterday: “I joined because I was anti Obama—I’m a patriot, I’ll join up But now I am pro-Romney.” Why? “I’ve spent time with him and I care about him and admire him. He’s a genuinely good man.” Looking at the crowds on TV, hearing them chant “Three more days” and “Two more days”—it feels like a lot of Republicans have gone from anti-Obama to pro-Romney.

Something old is roaring back. One of the Romney campaign’s surrogates, who appeared at a rally with him the other night, spoke of the intensity and joy of the crowd “I worked the rope line, people wouldn’t let go of my hand.” It startled him. A former political figure who’s been in Ohio told me this morning something is moving with evangelicals, other church-going Protestants and religious Catholics. He said what’s happening with them is quiet, unreported and spreading: They really want Romney now, they’ll go out and vote, the election has taken on a new importance to them.

I suspect both Romney and Obama have a sense of what’s coming, and it’s part of why Romney looks so peaceful and Obama so roiled.

***

Mitt Romney’s record, to put it gently, has not always been that of a National Review conservative. The more we have learned about the health-care plan he got enacted in Massachusetts, the less wise we consider it. During his campaign he has too often been unimaginative or vague on health care, federal spending, and taxes. Yet he has also stood, riskily, for a necessary reform of entitlements. He has vowed to be a reliable ally of pro-lifers and judicial conservatives. Without indicating any desire to go to war with Iran, he has treated its nuclear ambitions, and the increased power their realization would gain it, with an appropriate alarm (and we trust Tehran would read his election as a negative development). He has made it clear that in cutting spending he would be mindful that the national defense is the federal government’s foremost responsibility. In choosing Paul Ryan as his prospective vice president he has shown far better judgment than Obama, whose own pick weekly demonstrates that the categories of buffoon and demagogue are not mutually exclusive.

In this election we are proud to stand with Mitt Romney over the vain collectivist in the White House, and we hope the voters will make the same decision.

***

Many (including myself) have been critical of the Romney campaign for not being aggressive enough in laying out a domestic policy vision and an agenda for getting us beyond the collapsing liberal welfare state. But the most important plank of such an agenda—the domestic policy challenge that matters most if we are to avert a fiscal catastrophe and replace liberal statism with conservative dynamism—is the challenge of Medicare reform. And on that front, Romney has shown more courage than any Republican presidential nominee in the history of the liberal welfare state—not only proposing a significant reform, but proposing just the right reform, and doing so despite countless warnings about the political risk. And he didn’t just propose it, but he pressed the Medicare issue when it mattered, and seems to have essentially defused the political risk while helping make a market-based reform of Medicare the consensus Republican position. This has been, to put it mildly, no small feat…

Mitt Romney has shown that he deserves to win this election. He deserves to win not just for being a better choice than his opponent, but also for giving us some reason to believe that he may really be up to some of the daunting challenges confronting whoever will be president in the coming years. No leader can do everything he should, and no presidency can be devoid of countless failures, embarrassments, and missed opportunities. The question is whether a leader is basically focused on the right priorities, and whether a president gets the big things right. The Romney campaign has suggested that Mitt Romney could well be up to doing that. And in the process of running a campaign that suggests this, he has also shown himself to be a decent, serious person with a high-minded sense of what it is to run for office. His opponent has not. No one could mistake him for the messiah, but Romney could be a pretty good chief executive for the federal government. And that’s saying a lot.

***

Against all odds, Romney is feeling like a winner.

Even as polls show him trailing, albeit narrowly, in most battleground states, Romney has seen the final chapter of his 20-year quest for the presidency take on a cinematic quality. He’s speaking, for the first time, to huge, zealous crowds. His rhetoric has gotten loftier, and his voice often takes on the tone of a true believer as he declares that his campaign “has become a movement.”

“This is exciting,” the candidate exclaimed at one point. “Isn’t this exciting?”

“To a lot of us who are exhausted just because we have long days like this, you know, we feed off his energy,” Madden said. “Right now, I think he’s just in a really great place and he’s enjoying this.”

***

I’m going to make my predictions on this race based on more than just the polls. Over the past few months there have been many indicators that this race is going to be drastically different from the one we saw in 2008 — Romney’s crowd sizes, volunteer efforts, fundraising efforts, and a change in the Obama campaign from presenting the candidate as an uplifting symbol of hope to presenting him as a beleaguered president trying to claw his way to reelection.

First, I believe Romney will squeeze out a popular-vote win of about two percentage points: 50.5 to 48.5 (I’m assuming about 1 percent of the vote will go third party). This margin will be enough for Romney to win the Electoral College. Just last week, I would have predicted a slightly larger victory, but Hurricane Sandy cut a little bit of the edge Romney had by providing Obama with one last chance to leverage the advantage of the incumbency…

My final Electoral College prediction is 295 for Romney to 243 for Obama. We’ll find out in two days how close I am, but if Republicans come out Tuesday like the party-identification polls from Gallup and Rasmussen have predicted, I feel confident that Romney is going to shock the conventional wisdom set by the media and be announced as the next president of the United States.

***

“My sense about this is fairly simple,” Hume said. “We’re looking at a national race, which is, for all intents and purposes, tied. We are looking at a set of state polls in the battleground states that suggests President Obama is leading — he is leading in most of these polls. And most reporters would look at that and say, ‘Well, if that’s the case, it looks like President Obama is going to win.’ And that is what a lot of people think. That is kind of the conventional wisdom.”

“However, a number of those polls have a remarkably large number of Democrats in the sample — more Democrats, in some cases, than turned out by percentage on Election Day four years ago, which was a big year for the Democrats,” Hume continued. “They don’t expect to have as big a year. So, those polls are troubling. Now, it would be unprecedented for this many polls reflecting a similar outcome to be wrong, which is why I think people are reluctant to draw that conclusion. But there’s something wrong here.”

***

It’s not enough for the GOP to win tomorrow. It needs to win big, a win so convincing that even the Left won’t be able to explain it away. The definition of victory in war is not a 50.1 percent majority that allows the other side to keep fighting — it’s the battleship Missouri, on whose deck the losing side signs articles of capitulation. The modern Left — the unholy spawn of ’30s gangland and ’60s academic Marxism — must be forced to its knees in surrender.

There’s a honored place in our political system for a leftist party, one that pushes for improvement in areas that need improving, but not one devoted to revolutionary “fundamental change.” A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote against the socialist elements that seized control of the JFK/Scoop Jackson Democratic party in 1972, and has worked against America’s best interests ever since. A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote for a restoration of the old Jacksonian — Andrew, that is — Democratic party, a true populist party shorn of its Communist accretions that is every bit as all-American as the other guys. Unless and until this happens, though, the modern donkeys will continue their war on the Constitution, convinced they are on the side of the angels, and taking solace in the late Ted Kennedy’s words, “the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.”

It’s up to the electorate tomorrow to show them that the dream is really a nightmare, from which it’s time to awake, that the cause of America always endures, and the work of restoring our founding principles begins anew today.

***

***

Via Daily Rushbo.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10 11

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Thank you, ma’am! Please share it with your fiends. This is the most important election in our lifetimes.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM

are=were

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I’ve often wondered why there are so many lisping liberals. I think it has something to do with botched up toilet training when they were toddlers.

Naturally Curly on November 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Naw..just bad wiring.

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I’m 6th in line and ready to do this!!!! R&R!!!!

Nikkia2112 on November 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Very nice!

bluegill on November 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Thanks renalin and cmsinaz.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Thank you!

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Just voted on my way into work.
Rochester, NY area.
Not busy, but it was early.
Go R&R !!!

Jabberwock on November 6, 2012 at 6:50 AM

why are floridians standing in long lines requesting absentee ballots one day before the election? i don’t get it…

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM

They have to take their new fake ID’s out for a spin.

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Why?

…would Stephie Cutter (who is playing the expectations game) say the early results might be bad?

….would Romney leak internal poll results (they are also playing the expectations game)?

I think this election could be very close.

And Obama is NOT going to lose in a landslide. The keys are the counties around Philadelphia and Cleveland. If we start seeing it tight there it could be a very long night.

Will America really fire the black orphan even though he has failed at his job? Lets just cut to the chase, in our culture today…….if you are a minority it is very difficult to be fired. So really Clint Eastwood cut to the core of the argument……..can America fire Barack Obama?

I’m not sure.

PappyD61 on November 6, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Awesome mosaic at Breitbart.

Mr. Arrogant on November 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Oh yeah… G’Morning folks.

Time for that coffee.

P.S. — I’m watching the morning local news (Fox-WXIX), and they’re jabbering about the polls (and early voting… what a crock).

I’m seeing video of the usual crowd… young females, blacks, dudes in union jackets, etc. Meh… it’s Hamilton County. (AND they’re running anti-Romney commercials on the tube too…)

Bottom Line: Get yer asses out there and vote.

Inspirational Music for y’all… a little fight’n music.

CPT. Charles on November 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 6:52 AM

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I know it’s MSNBC, but I don’t like them being so confident. What do they have to gain by being wrong? Unless they actually think their positive spin will have any effect on turnout.

I just can’t watch those folks.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM

CPT. Charles on November 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

great linkies for this am cpt

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM

i’m about at my limit this am…

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I’m praying for a Chick-Fil-A kind of day! Come on, Americans We can do this!

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Got to my polling place (heavily Republican precinct in VA) at 5:50. Counted ~100 in line ahead of me, and probably about the same number behind me when the polls opened at 6:00. Took me about 30 minutes to get through.

CJ on November 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM

For once I’m glad I live in a blue state. Many people still don’t have power, polling places have been relocated, gas is being rationed, etc. lots of obama voters might just give it a skip. But the Romney-Ryan voters will crawl over broken shards of glass in a howling hail storm to get to the polls.

Dare I hope that Frank Pallone gets kicked to the curb?

Naturally Curly on November 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I know it’s MSNBC….. What do they have to gain by being wrong?

Are you kidding? Viewers! Listen, liberals can’t even stand to watch Moaning Schmoe because Schmoe is on it. If liberals had their way it would be 100% Mika.

Marcus on November 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM

CPT. Charles on November 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Dude! You’re getting me misty but ready!

/sucker for the pipes

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 7:00 AM

hear hear!

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Okay boys and girls. It’s time to evict the Manchurian President from OUR House. My Take.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM

..always enjoyed your work, K.J. Marvel at how prolific you are.

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Dear Lord, help us to save our Nation today.

Amen

Key West Reader on November 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Thank you, my friend. I’m an American and I just have to Speak the truth and shame the Devil. I’ll hit 1,000 posts sometime in December.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Key West Reader on November 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Amen.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Surfing cable this morning… somebody at IFC has a interesting sense of humor.

They’re showing Operation Valkyrie (2004)… the German production, not the one with Cruise.

Oh well… more coffee.

CPT. Charles on November 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Lots of uncertainty on the set of Moaning Joe. :-)

Punchenko on November 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Let’s get this done!

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 5:38 AM

WELL SAID, my friend! The final battle is here!

lovingmyUSA on November 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Marcus on November 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I hope that’s it. Again, you guys are better than me that you can watch the other side to get their insights firsthand.

i’m about at my limit this am…

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM

You and me both. Talk about a roller coaster. Anyway, I’m looking forward to going to a real polling place for the first time in my entire adult life. Taking the girls with me. Then I’m going to try not to watch any news until this evening.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I just can’t watch those folks.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM

..Hawk, they’re like us to some extent. (I know, I know.) They amplify the data points that show their winning because they’re invested in the guy. The difference is that they’re a NEWS organization and should have some objectivity. Or, if they’re not, then they’re just like Hannity for the other side.

Confused thoughts (early morning) but you know what I am trying to say. Stay frosty, my friend. We’ll get ‘er done. And if we don’t, we’ll double down and eventually triumph.

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM

The Memphis Mayor has City Attorneys standing by, so no one is disenfranchised.

Oh, brother. That’s another reason I moved to NW MS in ’97.

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM

..what a great time for your daughters! Democracy in action!

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM

excellent

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM
..what a great time for your daughters! Democracy in action!

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM

1 wife, 1 daughter and thanks for the pep talk. Today is the day.

Giter Dun, huh?

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Fox is showing Plugs in Delaware standing in line to vote. I swear the man has a look of looming despair.

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I am so glad this election is about over but I am even happier that I am feeling like a winner. We will all be winners when Romney is elected today.

bopbottle on November 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Getting ready to vote, and off to S Cali… if we see smoke by the time we pass by LA, we’ll know Bama is not doing well :)…

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Hawkdriver, what are your former comrades saying about Benghazi? Also, what are you doing watching MSNBC so early today? The meltdown will be around 10 pm tonite.

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Giter Dun, huh?

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

..you were a helo driver, right? You gotta have ice water in your veins. If it doesn’t work out, wake up tomorrow and start counting your blessings:

(1) I am alive.
(2) I have a beautiful wife and daughter.
(3) I can carry this fight on.
(4) I have the will to NEVER GIVE UP.
(5) …

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

(O.K., that’s it for the cornball stuff. You know the drill.)

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Plugs just voted. He is shaking some hands there. Isn’t that technically electioneering? hehe

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Happy Election Day!

One and Done!

Laura in Maryland on November 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Yeah… our national Village Idiot.

Oh good, Portman’s on… the man I’d rather have seen run for Governor (of Ohio).

I’ve got the boob tube on ‘half-mute’ and the local talk radio on… just had an interview with Mandell, good man.

Remember O-Care!

Push the ‘rats out!

CPT. Charles on November 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM

..actually, there’s a brush fire out in Berdoo, so go to full mag on the scope to be certain.

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

They just showed Lunz getting ready to come on Fox and Friends and he is wearing red white and blue tennis shoes that are all kinds of patriotic. Too funny.

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Today is the day.

Giter Dun, huh?

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Mornin’, sir.

The training never ends, but it is definitely time to execute.

M240H on November 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM

That fire closed I-15 at the pass to go up to the high desert. That must have caused a major traffic mess.

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Have to take the kids to school before I can get to the polls, but I can hardly wait. I know its been 4 years, but it feels like forever. I don’t know how I would have made it without you folks here at HA. Thanks for the support through thick and thin. Now, here we go. Our Father….

txmomof6 on November 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Becoming nervous nellie…. cripe…

Prayers ascending

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I just can’t watch those folks.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM

MSNBC has become the mirror opposite of Fox, without the same level of meanness and antagonism. It was really inevitable once Fox cornered such a large marketshare- the remaining audience was clearly going to respond to a left-leaning message.

In this case, the polls are on Obama’s side and the electoral map favors him as well. Obama can lose the popular vote yet still win this election. Of course in reality the election is too close to call.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I am on my way, this is on my ipod blasting as loud as I can stand.

NSFW

Listen long enough to catch some of the lyrics and you will understand!
Disturbed – Conflict

D-fusit on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Yeah, well just wait till you see one of these in your yard. Then you’ll know what a disaster looks like.

Oldnuke on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Chatter from the local talk radio…

He’s taking calls from people voting… people are turning out in droves (and we’re mostly talking about the ‘non-urban’ areas).

In SW Ohio… it’s looking like a BIG turnout… crowded polling places.

CPT. Charles on November 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM

OT: Bill O’Reilly reviewed the upcoming Oliver Stone movie that opens nationwide in about 11 days. He said that it is very compelling and well done. In fact he thinks it will sweep that oscars. He said that Tommy Lee Jones is particularly outstanding. I really like that actor. I might actually try to see a movie in person rather than wait for it to go on pay per view.

OK back to the election at hand.

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Oldnuke on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Oops wrong thread. Sorry I’m old….and I vote.

Oldnuke on November 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

..if they ever have a bad haircut contest, Luntz and Byron York would finish 1 and 1-A.

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Romney Supporters – Vote now – today is your day.
Obama Supporters – Vote tomorrow – tomorrow is earmarked for you.

antisocial on November 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

30-40 minute wait to vote in Maumee Ohio in the Toledo area. Our polling place is never this crowded – EVER! Looks like a massive turnout!

nitzsche on November 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Same here txmomof6! It’s hard to believe this day has actually arrived. T minus 3 hours until I do my part!

txhsmom on November 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Voting accomplished. It took an hour and I got to the polling place 15 minutes before it opened. Bottom line, VA looks on the way to having at least a 70% turnout. IMO Good news for R/R!

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 7:30 AM

nitzsche on November 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Chik-Fil-A election!

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Theoden: Let this be the hour… when we draw swords together….

The Battle For Helm’s Deep

lovingmyUSA on November 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Fox has meanness and antagonism? Is that what you’re saying?

So, actually getting a bit of balance in the news justifies liberals to putting up the most unhinged leftists they could find?

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Confidence/not confidence in the same sentence. It really tops off the inane assertions in the rest of your comment.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Dang, my predictive system failing already :)…am sure we’ll hear on the radio as we get closer…is it bad, with copters flying over and all the commo?

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Wow, what kind of happy pills are you taking?

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM

The long wait has people in my area stunned and some people are requesting paper ballots to complete instead of waiting for the machines. All these people are claiming they have jobs and need to get to work! Everybody else is in sweatpants and pajamas.

nitzsche on November 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Quote of the Day…..so far: “For you folks in New Jersey without power, if you can’t get to the polls, you can email or fax in your ballot”

What I would like to hear (EARLY AND OFTEN) are two choice phrases: Republicans are turning out in massive droves, and the Democrats turn-out is remarkably down.

If the enthusiasm level starts high and remains high in states like Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina, it will tell me there’s no reason it will not remain high through-out the evening.

Fair and Balanced Reporting

With the liberal media so invested in this election, I truly believe they won’t hold back on miss-reporting results. The question was asked in a Politico post, how the media will “behave” here. It may be up to the online social media, twitter, Drudge, Hot Air, etc, (and maybe Fox News), to keep these people honest with quick responses. Make no mistake, the liberal media WILL ATTEMPT TO SWAY THIS ELECTION IN OBAMA’S FAVOR.

Rovin on November 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Spot on rovin

cmsinaz on November 6, 2012 at 7:34 AM

nitzsche on November 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I waited for the electronic ballot. Less chance of tampering by the desperate Dems that run the county. But it was fun people-watching while waiting. Some people dressed for work, others looking like they just rolled out of bed.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I agree with Ann Coulter and her political map showing a Romney victory. Hannity was asking about Ohio and she said “Well, I gave Romney Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin and Colorado. He wins. I didn’t even give him Ohio or Pennsylvania to do it.”

The electoral map “favors Obama”?

Marcus on November 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM

As a matter of fact, Bayam, if there was ever any merit in taking one of your comments seriously, you blew that this morning. To even equate the two networks is just liberal hogwash. Mirror image my azz.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Nervous as hell. I voted here in the liberal dumb state of Connecticut. Lines werent long yet but it was pretty steady in my town. My vote doesnt count much here but had to get out and vote this time no matter what.

I have to believe people ready to get rid of Obama will really show up today. If not now, then when would they show up? Biggest election of our lives, but close polls still tick me off that there are so many stupid people out there willing to keep on the path of the last four years.

bucsox79 on November 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Fox News sucks, and they’re biased…..blah, blah, blah…..and Obama’s in the lead in the EC….blah, blah, blah….and…..

……Of course in reality the election is too close to call.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

One out of three’s not bad bayam….hang in there.

Rovin on November 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Remember, this election ain’t about Obama, it’s about yo’ momma.
Seriously, who’s able to watch the reverend for even 5 minutes?

It’s not an excuse, just the consequence of fierce competition over the remaining audience.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I am not a Republican. I am not a Conservative. I am not even a big Romney person. I live in a deep blue state so my vote doesn’t even really count…

BUT, I have been waiting for 4 years to cast my vote against “Mr Social-Justice/When-We-Spread-The-Wealth-Around/At-Some-Point-You’ve-Made-Enough-Money/Take-The-Pain-Pill/Bumps-In-The-Road/The-Future-Must-Not-Belong-To-Those-Who-Slander-The-Prophet-Mohammed/Allahu-Ahkbar=Workplace-Violence/You-Didn’t-Build-That” and I would’ve crawl over broken glass if I have to in order to do so.

In fact, I couldn’t wait! I was one of the first in line….and I don’t get up this early for no one.

Go Mitt/Defeat Bam

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Northern Fort Wayne, Indiana. 5 precincts in my polling place (overall a red polling place – my precinct was McCain edge in ’08 and Bush huge in ’04)

Longest line I have ever seen there. Lady that lives nearby has been going there 13 years (my precinct moved there in ’10) and has never seen anything close to it. Took me 45 minutes at 6AM, and that’s only thanks to triple the amount of machines being open vs past years and efficient workers.

Same amount of people in line outside when I left as when I arrived… Local news reporting same heavy turnout around the county!

People coming out looked happy. We can do this!!!!

Lord of the Wings on November 6, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Today is the day.

Giter Dun, huh?

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Commence firing.

Fire at will…

JohnGalt23 on November 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Hey moron…. Fox News has an audience and has had record numbers during this election cycle. MSNBC has Rachael Madcow, Special Ed Schultz and assorted has been commies. There is no comparison.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Of course in reality the election is too close to call.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Pic of the Day: Too Close To Call

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM

kingsjester on November 6, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Thank you, friend. You’ve always got good stuff, and I enjoy popping over to see what you’ve got to say.

Laura in Maryland on November 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM

To even equate the two networks is just liberal hogwash. Mirror image my azz.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Yes, it’s true that Ed Shultz fails to demonstrate the kindness and love of humanity that Bill O’Reilly brings into this world. No clips to share of Bill acting like a jackarse.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM

jimver on November 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM

..it was not all over the news and I have not checked this AM. We had a mild episode of Santa Anas yesterday (temp about 90 degrees) and you could see the smoke blowing into O.C. but not bad. (I’m near the coast.)

The War Planner on November 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM

You are biting on some pretty obvious troll bait.

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Remember, this election ain’t about Obama, it’s about yo’ momma.
Seriously, who’s able to watch the reverend for even 5 minutes?

WTF are you talking about?

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I think that “remaining audience” is about half the country who feels like 95 percent of the news has such a sick and twisted liberal slant, they’d rather get their news from any other source they think is even just slightly less beholding to the Democrat Party or progressives in general.

I’ll let you in on a bit of my bias. When discussing things of a political nature with people, if they make an assertion that the media bias is somehow a figment of our Conservative imaginations, I pretty much dismiss everything else they try to say. If you really don’t recognize even that basic truth, then most everything else would need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM

That’s your job.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

From PPP (a Democratic polling outfit):

Fox is the most trusted TV news source for 34% of voters.

PBS at 17%
CNN at 12%
ABC News at 11%
CBS News at 8%
MSNBC at 5%
Comedy Central at 4%
NBC at 4%.

Resist We Much on November 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Stumbled upon Ohio early results. Am I reading Cuyahoga County right??? If this holds..WOW

Lord of the Wings on November 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM
That’s your job.

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM

And just to be clear, it was the word “slut” that made that clip worth posting. Liberals tried, (unsuccessfully) to run Rush Limbaugh off the air for using the same word. No such treatment of Eddie. So, do you have a clip of BOR calling someone a slut?

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

There is no comparison.
Happy Nomad on November 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM

You are biting on some pretty obvious troll bait.

tommyboy on November 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM

It actually wasn’t… most on HA don’t describe Fox as an oracle of objectivity. News to me.

Rupert has a large news media empire that spans the globe and it’s right-leaning in just about every market. Of course, it’s not an American company.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Oh baby! We’ve got this. Let’s bring home the win!

happytobehere on November 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM

My polling place was jumping when I got there this morning at 7AM but no real lines to speak of. Waiting at my ward’s table I heard a lady say there was a huge line at 6:30 when the polls opened. When I left there was a line out of the door. It’s Cuyahoga county on the west side of Cleveland. I like to think they were all voting for Mitt like I was. Conservative Dems unite!

ConDem on November 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Lord of the Wings on November 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Nice! Maybe they are voting for Mitt!

ConDem on November 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Today is the day.

Giter Dun, huh?

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Commence firing.

Fire at will…

JohnGalt23 on November 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM

And……FIRE FOR EFFECT! (is this still the right term, JG/Hawk?)

Rovin on November 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Fox is the most trusted TV news source for 34% of voters.

And a majority of the GOP believes that evolution is a fairy tale hoisted on the public by liberal, pagan scientists. I’m not too surprised that a sizable majority also believes that Fox is a source of objective news.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Did you miss the Gary Johnson – Jill Stein Debate last night?

9:48 – Johnson bravely supports price gouging. $7 per gallon gasoline would lead to shorter car lines at the pump, and would attract entrepreneurs.

Closing argument:Johnson ends by asking for 5% of the vote, which will let the Libertarian Party get more ballot access and receive federal matching funds. So, the libertarian’s slam-dunk argument for why you should vote for him is that it will let him receive federal-government benefits.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM

May Gods will match our heart’s desire. Praying all day,join me!

hillsoftx on November 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM

hillsoftx on November 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Way ahead of ya! :)

HoustonRight on November 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Flora Duh on November 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Amen.

ConDem on November 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Today is the day, Obama. Today you face us, American Citizens. The people whom you ridicule, belittle, disrespect and welch off of. Today is our day to give you our response, for we have been patient, but today, we are patient no longer. You should be thanking us for the grace we have extended to you, for today, that cup is now empty.

ted c on November 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM

OK, clowns. I was 55th in line at 6:39am. By 7 it was 150+.

I live in Criminole County, a heavy Rethuglican stronghold.

Now, off to work.

Lanceman on November 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM

hawkdriver on November 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Context always matters… when ‘slut’ is applied to a women seeking birth control, it takes broader meaning.

bayam on November 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM