Politico: Republicans likely to keep — or extend — House majority

posted at 10:41 am on November 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

For those who want to read the last-minute tea leaves, here are a couple of significant-but-indirect indicators of how tomorrow may go.  First, Politico joins the Washington Post this week in predicting that not only will Democrats fail to win enough House seats to win control again, they may end up losing more seats to the GOP:

Nancy Pelosi has spent much of the past two years proclaiming that Democrats had a great shot at reclaiming the House and returning the speaker’s gavel to her hands.

But her drive to regain the majority for Democrats is on the verge of a complete collapse. Democrats are expected to pick up five seats at best — a fraction of the 25 they need. On the eve of the election, some party officials are privately worried that Democrats might even lose ground and drop one or two seats to the Republican majority.

It would mark an epic failure for a party that has a legitimate shot at keeping the presidency and the Senate on Tuesday. The inability of House Democrats to pick off a good number of seats from one of the most unpopular House majorities in modern history will cause a lot of soul-searching in the party come Wednesday.

I wrote about this in the Green Room on Friday.  The GOP won the current majority with a big turnout at the voting booth, and a switch in support from independents.  Each one of these seats has to be won again by Republicans in order for them to hold their majority.  What does that tell us about the likely voter turnout tomorrow — and the direction they are going — if media analysts believe Republicans might  actually increase their majority?  It sounds as if the Congressional race voters will turn out and vote pretty much the way they did in 2010, not 2008, and that puts the electorate models of most pollsters far out of range.

Democrats have insisted that the pollsters have gotten it right, and that turnout will return to 2008 levels, despite numerous surveys showing Republican enthusiasm far outstripping that of Democrats in this cycle.  If so, though, would their candidates distance themselves like this from their national party leaders?

They’ve played up their folksy demeanor, campaigned on local issues and gone to great lengths to proclaim they’re not President Barack Obama’s acolytes.

But red-state Democratic Senate candidates are still trying to survive the anti-Obama wave that started in 2010 and is threatening to wash away Democrats from the Great Plains to the Mountain West.

Of course, these are red-state Democrats … but you’re not seeing swing-state Democrats embracing Obama much these days, either.  If the electorate in 2012 was going to resemble the 2008 model, you’d see incumbents like Bob Casey and Claire McCaskill rushing to embrace an incumbent President at the top of their ticket.  Instead, they’re attempting to convince voters of their independence from the White House.

These are still indirect indicators, but the House majority numbers are particularly interesting. If Republicans hold their seats from 2010 and add to them, it’s because the turnout model will look roughly the same, as will voter enthusiasm — and that’s very bad news for Democrats, and not just Nancy Pelosi.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

There’s a house twirling in the Kansas sky just waiting to fall on Pelosi.

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

BISHOP!!

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Expect a flood of “Tea Party vs Boehner” stories come Wednesday.

joekenha on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Crap.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Of course they are going to leave him, a process that began after the 2010 mid-terms. Things never end up well for failed coup leaders.

VastRightWingConspirator on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

won’t be close

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I look at that picture and think KAAAAAAAAAAAHN!

Getting the Senate was key, at least 50 seats. Even 49 is OK, because one or two guys will usually come over.

Finally, is it Wednesday morning, yet?

Oil Can on November 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

That, or the Dems are counting on a ton of ticket splitting. It makes no sense to me how the GOP holds the House if the electorate is anything like ’08.

changer1701 on November 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I’m hoping for the GOP to pick up a few more seats in the House. Hopefully then the Dems will be fed up with Pelosi and her stalling/strong arm/insanity tactics and throw her out as Minority Leader.

If only to just _never_ have to see her picture again.

Timothy S. Carlson on November 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I’m looking forward to putting George Holding in the House (NC#13).

Also, TROLLCOTT!

nobar on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

The question is, will the Democrats finally dump Pelosi?

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

It’s the day before Election Day. I usually ask on this day, where there is an incumbent involved, be it on my team or their team: “Is the incumbent above 50%?”

And if they are not, I know the incumbent is in trouble.

So, is the incumbent above 50%?

JohnGalt23 on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

How can that be when the Republicans that won in 2010 were RACIST. They were elected by Racist Tea Party.

The only bad part about this is the fact John, I am a horrible speaker of the house, Boehner will still be speaker of the house.

BroncosRock on November 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Beware the Troll sock puppets attempting to break the Trollcott…

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Expect a flood of “Tea Party vs Boehner” stories come Wednesday.

joekenha on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I would hope so. I want him replaced. Imagine Speaker Trey Gowdy. The South Carolina former prosecutor who rattles the roof in Benghazi hearings.

Marcus on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

So Nancy is gonna get another coat of shellac on her botoxed face. Pity.

HumpBot Salvation on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Marcus on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Hmmm, I could live with that.

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Oil Can on November 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Shhhhh

antisocial on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

So, is the incumbent above 50%?

JohnGalt23 on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Nope!

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Rush always says “What has changed between 2010 and today?”.

Nothing. Everyone expected Obama to “track to the middle” after getting “shellacked”, but he doubled down like he always does.

Everyone expected Obama to back off from the HHS mandate against Catholics. He doubled down like he always does.

Everyone expected Obama to have a second term agenda. He doubled down on “green energy” and “tax fairness”. Like he always does.

Mord on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

No donkey winner :)

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

There’s a house twirling in the Kansas sky just waiting to fall on Pelosi.

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Good one.

She really does look like a witch in that photo, with her gnarled fist and crooked teeth.

I truly despise that woman.

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

So Nancy is gonna get another coat of shellac on her botoxed face. Pity.

HumpBot Salvation on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Actually as a resident of California, I was rather hoping that a Romney 370 EC landslide and coattail movement in the house and Senate would cause the Wicked Witch of the West to stroke out on live national Television…

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

TROLLCOTT

wargamer6 on November 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

This makes no sense. Why would they lose seats in the House if they have a legit shot at keeping the POTUS and Senate?

Once again, Politico speak with bifurcated fleshy muscle of the oral cavity.

Rixon on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

You will see some Democratic Senators up for re-election in 2014 – running over to Romney to help repeal ObamaCare…..

redguy on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Morning was going well. And then Ed decided to post that pic. THAT fixed it.

antisocial on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

If a Dem candidate claims that they would be independent and vote against Obama then why run as a Dem? They are liars all of them. We saw what the supposedly independent thinking Dems in the Obamacare vote.

Once elected they will be reliable Leftists. You simply can’t trust a Democrat to not tow the Liberal line any longer. They must ALL be defeated.

Charlemagne on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Dang, one more facelift and Nancy will have a goatee.

Really hope to see this nag retire to greener taxpayer funded pastures when Obama goes down in flames tomorrow.

HumpBot Salvation on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Pay – Per – View worthy. I’d pay $100 to see that.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Wait…..Whaaat?

mrt721 on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hawkdriver and I had lunch last week and discussed Mike McIntyre. Chief thinks he’s going down.

smoothsailing on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

The Democrats are felony stupid. They won’t regain the House as long as Madame Pelosi is their leader.

But none of them have the guts to admit it.

GarandFan on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes, it does.

Hoooowwwww sweeeeeet it is!

dogsoldier on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The question is, will the Democrats finally dump Pelosi?

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Even if they wanted to, who will they replace her with? Steny Hoyer? Not Debbie What-a-dumb Schmuck(we could only be so lucky). A member of the CBC, maybe? Seriously, who do they have in the House? It’s a bunch of old folks knocking on death’s door.

Doughboy on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The question is, will the Democrats finally dump Pelosi?

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Let’s hope “never“…

and TROLLCOTT!! It’ll kill me, but I can hold out until tomorrow night when Romney is declared the winner on MSNBC…

Khun Joe on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

redguy on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Somehow, I can’t quite picture Chuck Schumer doing this. Too bad he isn’t up for reelection tomorrow because a lot of Queens, Staten Island and Long Island residents would probably vote against him.

And although Gillibrand is running, unfortunately her opponent, Wendy Long, will probably be soundly beaten. Maybe the aforementioned anger can be directed towards Gillibrand??? Here’s hoping.

Rixon on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

If the house does extend it’s majority, I don’t think it’ll be by much. They essentially haven’t done anything very impressive recently. I haven’t heard jack nor squat from Johnny Boehner and that’s very sad. He needs to get his ass out in the firing line more often.

ted c on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

“You cursed conservatives! Look what you’ve done! I’m melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little conservative like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I’m going! Oooooh! Ooooooh!”

NotCoach on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Corrupt Nancy still gets to funnel Tax dollars to her husbands businesses….. so all is still good in the Peoples Republic of San Fran.

FlaMurph on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Charlemagne on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

That. Don’t be fooled dimbocraps! Oh wait, now I feel like joe biteme telling chuckie to stand up.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Marcus on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

And don’t forget what he did to Sebelius. I thought she was going to cry when he was beating her up about religious freedom. I love Trey Gowdy. He’s going to be my political boyfriend if I ever fall out of love with Paul Ryan.

magicbeans on November 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

There’s a house twirling in the Kansas sky just waiting to fall on Pelosi.

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

She looks like it already did.

Twice.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Mord on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The American electorate doesn’t like elected office holders that act like tyrants. Makes ‘em cranky.

dogsoldier on November 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The voters will keep little queen Pelosi on the backup bench or better yet will allow her to retire when her boy loses.

Amazingoly on November 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Nancy Pelosi is detestable and a lot of the Dems problems can be placed at her feet but when it comes down to it, the problem was the Leftist agenda. It was and continues to be rejected.

Charlemagne on November 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Bigger question is how long the Senate Dems will hold onto boat anchor Reid. As long as he is their leader, they will continue to lose numbers, regardless of how bad the Republican candidates are.

Animal60 on November 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

ted c on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I agree, hopefully he will find his spine after Romney is elected. Or be replaced.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I’ve been saying this for months. If 0bama was kicking ass then why aren’t democrat party members in good standing with him at the multitude of college campuses?

Because…they know, they know.

jukin3 on November 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Demorats being “folksy”? Really?

patman77 on November 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

dogsoldier on November 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Obama is running around complaining about “Republican obstructionism” and voters are screaming “That is why we sent them there!!”.

Mord on November 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Marcus ,
Trey Gowdy ?
I love it ! Speaker Gowdy !

Lucano on November 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

magicbeans on November 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I think I can now complete my fantasy lineup:

Romney-Ryan: 2013-2020
Ryan-Rubio: 2021-2028
Rubio-Gowdy: 2029-2036
Gowdy-West: 2037-2044

That takes me to age 84. After that, it’s the pain pill for me!

Rixon on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Khun Joe on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Ideally we should continue the TROLLCOTT well beyond election day (although I admit I have been as guilty as anyone in feeding them)

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Dang, one more facelift and Nancy will have a goatee.
HumpBot Salvation on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Oh My!!! I SAW what you did there!! haven’t laughed so hard in a while…

TROLLCOTT seems to be working well!!

Good morning good people!!

It would be a blessing to oust Pelousy and Hairy… two of the most egregious lying dispicable toadies EVAH!!!

Scrumpy on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Republicans keep the house in a +8-11 dem year (lol). Something does not add-up.

Howcome on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I look at that picture and think KAAAAAAAAAAAHN!

Finally, is it Wednesday morning, yet?

Oil Can on November 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

On Wednesday it will be REPUBLICKAAAAAAAAAHN

bbordwell on November 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Another way to say “trollcott:” Building a bridge over the troll.

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My loids have been well and truly girned.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

That takes me to age 84. After that, it’s the pain pill for me!

Rixon on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

The blue one, or the red one?

NotCoach on November 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It’s killing me as well but I must say, it is working.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Question?

If Nancy Pelosi resigns her seat in congress, as is the tradition for loser would-be speakers, does that mean there’s a special election to fill her California seat sometime in December, January?

Low turn-out, depressed Dem electorate. Possible pick up for the GOP??

ericdondero on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

The RNC has squandered many opportunities here in WA. Idiots.

Mr. Arrogant on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Those slamming Boehner need to remember he didn’t bend on Obama’s attempt to juice the grand compromise. He called Obama’s bluff and he did it because he knows where the energy is. Tea Party rules!

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

…anti-Obama wave that started in 2010…

These morons (thankfully) have been in denial for two-years, they still won’t get it tomorrow either.

skanter on November 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Trey Gowdy would be the Republican Tip O’Neill. The Republican Barbara Jordan. A powerhouse. Levin and Limbaugh would back-flip down Pennsylvania Avenue.

Marcus on November 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

He has been way too quiet for my taste regarding F & F and bengazi.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Doughboy on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

They have Hank “tipping point” Johnson.

Aviator on November 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Question?

Low turn-out, depressed Dem electorate. Possible pick up for the GOP??

ericdondero on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

1) Pelosi is not the Speaker, she is the minority whip.
2) the tradition is not to resign their seat in the house, just their position as speaker of the house.

So, no there will be no special elections since she would still be the representative from San Fransicko. And there is no way in hell the Wicked Witch of the West is resigning her seat in the house.

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Pay – Per – View worthy. I’d pay $100 to see that.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Guys? I think I found a way to reduce the national debt…

Browncoatone on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

The blue one, or the red one?

NotCoach on November 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Depends which one causes the pain… ;-)

Rixon on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I travel a lot to “blue” states. One thing that jumps out at me is the number of campaign signs that don’t clearly identify the party of the candidate. Not quite sure what to make of that.

mr.blacksheep on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I could well imagine Trey Gowdy as Speaker!!

That man is dy-na-mite!!

I have my ‘dream team’ all picked out, now to see how Mitt fills the seats…

The 7th will be a glorious day!!

Wish I could drink some bubbly, will have to do with sparkling white grape juice…

Scrumpy on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

How’s trollcott going, y’all? Love it! Live it! TROLLCOTT

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Got work to do!!

Hours to go folks, lets get busy!!

Have a fabulous day!!

Scrumpy on November 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Pelosi attended 65 fundraisers last month, and nearly 700 fundraisers this year. Raised $12.9 Million for Dems.

That, my friends, is the problem with this country.

HopeHeFails on November 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Pay – Per – View worthy. I’d pay $100 to see that.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Guys? I think I found a way to reduce the national debt…

Browncoatone on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

So, I guess this means you don’t like my idea of making a weekly pay-per-view event of taking the most corrupt politicians and Journolisters and putting them into a Texas no holds barred cage match against hungry Lions and Tiger’s and Bears?

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

How’s trollcott going, y’all? Love it! Live it! TROLLCOTT

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM

The one who pushed us to it getting pissy.

Trollcott is the new normal!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Sorry but after completing step one tomorrow, the next step is holding Congress accountable. Boehner is part of the problem and though he didn’t go along with the final demands on the grand compromise, he was going to go along with some tax increases up until the rat-eared wonder got greedy.

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It’s killing me as well but I must say, it is working.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

YES. Why should we turn HA back over to the trolls?

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hi Scrumpy

(Been wanting to say that for quite some time)

Lucky Pierre on November 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

No guilt. We tried reasoning with them, offering discussion. The trolls are the ones who failed.

Trollcott is the new normal!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

If this holds than here’s something to look forward to: Nancy Pelosi retiring. After 2 election losses and failure to hold or retake the House most party leaders resign not just their leadership post but also their seat. I hope Pelosi follows that “tradition” because I’d definitely like to see less of her.

JohnAGJ on November 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It’s killing me as well but I must say, it is working.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Getting rid of the Facebook comments in the Headlines section was definitely a step in the right direction.

Thanks, Ed and Allah!

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

He has been way too quiet for my taste regarding F & F and bengazi.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I’m with you on that. Harry Reid keeps the senate in check on that though. We really need the senate to fully crack the nut that have created. If the senate was split 50-50 there would be many votes for GOP initiatives coming from dems. Harry Reid has completely turned the senate into a snuff harbor.

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

The one who pushed us to it getting pissy.

Trollcott is the new normal!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Love searching for its name in the browser and seeing “Not found”. Oh thank you!

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Keeping Trollcott going after the huge Romney win will be incredible. Not even rubbing their faces in it. It will make it even more sweet.

Trolls IRRELEVANT!

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Yup, Bonehead is how we got sequestration. John Boehnor is not a conservative, he is at best a damned crybaby liberal republican.

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

BroncosRock on November 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

( S i g h ) … you had to bring THAT up . . . . . . : (

listens2glenn on November 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Most unpopular house in recent memory? Funny how the Post projects their own views on the population at large.

RationalIcthus on November 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM

redguy on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Which is why it is doubly important to keep raging leftists like Liz Warren out of there.

I know Scott Brown has taken mucho crapola on here, but then again so did Romney during the Primary(from me as well).

Anyway, I took the next two days off. Will be working hard for Scott tomorrow and recovering from Election Day hangover on Wed. I hope it’s the good kind of hangover.

SittingDeadRed on November 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Oh, I doubt that.

Bob's Kid on November 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Her guarantee of taking back the house is as good as any guarantee that Obama has given…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Pay – Per – View worthy. I’d pay $100 to see that.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Guys? I think I found a way to reduce the national debt…

Browncoatone on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Agreed.

But we can’t stop with her “stroking out”.
Someone’s got to throw some water on her.

listens2glenn on November 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

The trolls actually perform a great service. They save me from having to go to other sites to read what the other side thinks.

I’d prefer my ad-viewing dollars go to Hot Air than those other places.

Let the other side send forth their champions to do battle (on the field of knowledge and truth) – and may victory go to the most virtuous! (That would be us :)

Lucky Pierre on November 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

SittingDeadRed on November 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Yea, Scott has taken a lot of carp, however, some of us (like us Californian’s) actually understand that considering Scott represents uber liberal Taxachuettes he is pretty damned conservative in that respect.

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

So, an R+3 turnout in 2010 produced the current House, and it’s projected that the GOP will retain and/or increase its majority, yet the electorate that will vote them back into office will be D+8? Hmmm . . .

Progressive Heretic on November 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Nancy Pelosi has spent much of the past two years proclaiming that Democrats had a great shot at reclaiming the House and returning the speaker’s gavel to her hands.

I’d like to see the Speaker’s gavel return to the hands of a woman… Michele Bachmann!

ITguy on November 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

he held when it mattered. I’m not too inspired by the quietness the house displayed. I watched what appeared to be a very tough budget oriented Texas house posse go completely silent. I sure don’t think Hensarling, Olson and Neugebauer were up to the task of arm wrestling with Obama. Gowdy does sound like a good leader to replace Boehner. Maybe Alan West.

DanMan on November 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I think I can now complete my fantasy lineup:

Romney-Ryan: 2013-2020
Ryan-Rubio: 2021-2028
Rubio-Gowdy: 2029-2036
Gowdy-West: 2037-2044

That takes me to age 84. After that, it’s the pain pill for me!

Rixon on November 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

My own personal change to that:

Romney-Ryan: 2013-2020
Ryan-West: 2021-2028
West-Palin: 2029-2036
Palin-Jindal: 2037-2044

Palin will be 65 in 2029, and she will age much better than Shrillary ever has. She could take us almost all the way up to the middle of the century without scaring crows or destroying the country.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM