Hot Air Survey: Your Election Predictions

posted at 9:21 am on November 5, 2012 by Patrick Ishmael

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

My prediction:

Romney 303
Obama 235

Obama wins Ohio, Wisconsin and Iowa

Romney wins Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Colorado, North Carolina, Nevada, and New Hampshire

That’s my stunner – Romney fails to win Ohio but picks up PA and Michigan.

Chuckles3 on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

How the hell do you not put Pennsylvania on the list when one of the biggest arguments going on right now is what to make of Romney’s Pennsylvania gambit?

As for my own prediction?

Obama’s relentless efforts to destroy Romney with months of negative advertising in key swing states pay off big time, and he easily takes Ohio, Nevada, Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and even Colorado and Virginia…

…and then loses 281-257 after Romney wins Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Minnesota.

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

and the soc puppets roll out their reserve divisions…

People who I have yet to see before this week, suddenly are posting the “WE’RE DOOMED” mantra over and over, while they lie or ignore the polls which have Mitt in a narrow lead.

It’s all “the polls ALL have Obama in the lead”.. which is a lie any reasonable person can see through.. the polls are showing Mitt either tied or slightly ahead.. yet we get new names never seen before..

telling us… no no no no… they ALL are the opposite..

I guess the trolls must have registered under a dozen or more names during open registration.. using one or two… and when we start ignoring those…. suddenly, all the new and unheard of names pop up.

Mitt is clearly surging,.. his enthusiasm is off the charts.. the polls show him either tied or ahead by a bit.. Gallop has him clearly leading..

mark81150 on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I don’t have a freaking idea what you are droning on about but, I’ll tell you one thing. I’ll reply to whomever I want and I’m not following any fraked up rules cobbled together by a bunch of self appointed forum bullies. In other words if you are not part of the management I could care less about your rules.

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Yeah I had my go-around yesterday with the trollcotters on pages 2 – 4 & 10 of the ‘Mittness Likeability’ thread. Funny how some “conservatives” will let out their inner statist/dictator mob-ruling troll out when they sense an advantage. We scold the libturds for precisely this mentality, only to see some on our side do the same when tables turn.

Some tried to be persuasive — and I can see their point. Others resorted to berating. Being the ornery type myself, I only push back when they take that tone with me.

Ironically, some of the most vehement are the self-same atheists whose constant fear that so-cons will enforce theorcratic rule on them and here they are trying to enforce their stupid trollcott games on the rest of us. Project much?

The simpliest thing for them is to just ignore and move past a troll if they don’t want to engage. The hypocrisy is somewhat depressing yet enlightening.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Final Prediction

EV
Romney 360
Obama 178

Aside from the all the 2008 battlegrounds, Romney takes MN, WI and PA in addition to OR and the Maine CD.

Popular vote
Romney 53.0
Obama 46.1
Others 0.9

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Not a chance,… Ohio is MY state..

Here last night in my county, the administration building had early voters lined up around the block.. on a Sunday.. in a red county..

That has NEVER happened before.

The enthusiasm surge for Mitt here is growing, and it’s already way past any ones expectations..

Mitt has the Buckeye state..

mark81150 on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Popular vote, Romney 51.2, Obama 49.8

In the spirit of a long lost lib poster, COUNT IT!

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

It cracks me when someone posts this long list of stats and then tells me to “Think for [myself] and do your own research..”

davidk on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Popular vote, Romney 51.2, Obama 49.8

In the spirit of a long lost lib poster, COUNT IT!

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

LOL

Typical exampel of Al Gore Lib “Fuzzy Math”

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I think Romney will win with around 300 elcectoral votes. This is different from four years ago. And I have faith in the american people. Remember the scene in The Dark Knight with the people on the ferries? Batman knew they wouldnt blow eachother up, even though the Joker was sure of it. Batman had faith, and I do too. We got this!

Jack_Burton on November 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

NO EEYORES!

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

That’s my stunner – Romney fails to win Ohio but picks up PA and Michigan.

Chuckles3 on November 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I don’t know about Michigan (my previous post was a bit tongue-in-cheek), but I would not be surprised if he won Pennsylvania while losing Ohio.

I think that conventional wisdom has a lot of these races more correlated than they really are – there are these unstated assumptions that Romney “needs” Virginia, and that Obama will only lose Pennsylvania if its a route, etc. I don’t think they are justified. It would not surprise me that much if Obama won Ohio with auto-bailout demagoguery, and Virginia by turning out his base with war-on-women cr@p, only to lose Pennsylvania voters who care more about the war on coal. The amusing thing about this is that Romney can get to 270 with Colorado, Iowa, and Pennsylvania, as opposed to only 268 if PA is replaced with Ohio.

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Thanks Patrick, this poll will be interesting. Can’t wait for the results here and see how we at HA called the numbers results.
L

letget on November 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

She was hedging her numbers because the final tally is really closer to 104% after the “lost ballots in a trunk” are factored in. Otherwise, it would have been 51.2 to 42.7% and the rest to 3rd parties if all ballots were one-man, one-vote.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

NO EEYORES!

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

No, no, no…too many people would miss you.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Must Obey Troll-cott!!
Must Obey Troll-cott!!

I command the feeble-minded to obey! Do not think for yourselves. Obey your masters! You must only communicate with believers. Talking to others would make you impure.

Hotair is turning into some sort of cult. I went over to the Billy Graham website to see if Hotair was on their cult list, but the list was removed 3 days ago! I wonder why?

Must Obey Troll-cott!!
Must Obey Troll-cott!!

ZippyZ on November 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

You didn’t count that!

Heh. Even after reading the original post, noting the popular/electoral split, deciding to respond to it, and italicizing and bolding it in my response, I still didn’t notice that they added up to 101%.

Oy.

Just because I have a degree in mathematics, that doesn’t necessarily mean I can do basic arithmetic, I guess.

JimLennon on November 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

No, no, no…too many people would miss you.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Shut it. I’ve had coffee but no food-which means that I’m HYYYYPPPPPEEEERRRR!

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Interesting phenomena here on the left coast Oregon seems to be teetering on the edge, Republicans have a ground game second to none, If you are a registered R, and haven’t voted yet, somebody will visit you. We have turned out 97% of the Rs. Going after the last 3% today.

stormridercx4 on November 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Trollcott means… DO NOT FEED THE TROLL…

SWalker on November 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Start your own blog, than you can have your own rules…how about if we just swalkercott…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Popular vote, Romney 51.2, Obama 49.8

In the spirit of a long lost lib poster, COUNT IT!

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Now that is downright funny…of course a liberal can’t count…or add…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM

GOP is hoping Evagelicals vote Romney but a lot of Evangelicals aren’t going to vote for either candidate from what I can gather. And Roman Catholics aren’t jumping on the Romney band-wagon either. So, while the independent vote is leaning heavily in favor of Romney, core religious voters aren’t. Singular advantage Romney has as a Mormon will be a high turnout from right-to-life voters,

I’m hoping with some logical justification Romney wins, but there are a lot of factors not being factored (and probably can’t be factored) in the main-stream polling results.

Lawrence on November 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I predicted the Vikings would beat Seattle yesterday.

I think I’ll pass so as not to throw a monkey wrench into Big Karma.

Bruno Strozek on November 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Not a chance,… Ohio is MY state..

That has NEVER happened before.

Mitt has the Buckeye state..

mark81150 on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

You’re probably right. To be honest, the main reason I was speculating we’d lose Ohio was because it would be deliciously ironic for Obama to successfully destroy Romney in all the conventional wisdom swing states only to lose the election because a bunch of bluer states turned on him while he wasn’t looking. So I was basing my analysis mostly on the Rule of Funny.

No slight intended to Ohio voters.

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM

You didn’t count that!

Oy.

JimLennon on November 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Don’t worry…not being able to add could land you a sweet job with the Romney administration. It is a prerequisite for a job on Mitt’s budget committee. “Not adding up” means you did your job perfectly!

ZippyZ on November 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Shut it. I’ve had coffee but no food-which means that I’m HYYYYPPPPPEEEERRRR!

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Why didn’t you just write Situation Normal All…

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Obama 303-Romney 235. Obama 51%-Romney 47.5%, Johnson and other minor party candidates 1.5%. Although Obama could well win FLA too and end up winning 332-206.

Contrary to all your hopes, the polls are spot on.

independentvoice on November 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

My best call 24 hrs prior:

Romney 52% 332 EVs
Obama 45% 206 EVs

Of the battlegrounds, Obama takes NV, NM, MN. Romney takes FL, OH, WI, MI, IA, PA, VA.

A comfortable win but not a landslide. GOP takes control of the Senate 53-47, and retains the House with a +3 pickup.

Probability of this result: 55%
Probability of a 350 EV victory for Romney: 25%
Probability of a 290 EV squeaker for Romney: 20%
Probability of a narrow Obama win: 0%

spiritof61 on November 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Without really intending to, I did count it. And noticed that 51.2 plus 49.8 adds up to 101%. Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

That’s a good number. It accounts for Democrat cheating.

Akzed on November 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Where is PA?

John the Libertarian on November 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Gee, it worked so well yesterday, and was working great today. Until the ME-ME-ME! folks wanted to show their supposed prowess in knocking stupid trolls about.

The trolls are even whining about being ignored and laughed at.

But go ahead give them the attention the are who..ng for. It will give you the attention for the same purpose.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Lawrence on November 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Thanks for the concern. To legitmately know what #Evewngelicals are going to do tomorrow, read this from America’s Pastor, Rev. Billy Graham

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sorry to pop your bubble….The Mitt-heads keep relying on polls saying we are +12 with independents, +9 with independents, that is why we are going to win. From the same polls that say he is losing! There are almost no independents left! People may even say they are technically independents, but they have an opinion that is registered in the data. Cherry-picking the “good” data in polls that show Mitt is losing is pretty desperate.

ZippyZ on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

So this year, the one and only election year ever, the independent vote doesn’t matter that much?
Just this year?
Pal, the same was for 2004, 2008, 2000, 1996, 1992, it doesn’t matter, the the country is split, almost 50/50, so the “independents” are the deciding factor, all it takes is a few %…and forget about “cherry picking”, that’s the whole farm, Romney is leading by double digits in all of the major polls.

So I ask you again, even if it’s just 5%, where do the dems pick up the votes?

And to show you just how stupid you are…how utterly uninformed, calling me a “Mitt-head” is about as foolish as a poster can get…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

“Evangelicals”. Too fired up.
I’m sooo excited.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I will, because it’s not “me/me/me”, any more than it’s “you/you/you”…get it.

You think because I don’t want to follow some poster, it’s all about me, and I think because you want me to follow some poster rule, I think it’s all about you…

You think your idea, is perfect, and my idea of ignore them, expose them, ridicule them, that they have a purpose, to continuously prove how stupid liberals are, that I am wrong…

Great, you have your opinion, I have mine…just don’t try to force me, intimidate me into following your rules…let the replies fly…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Dante on November 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Found this a Tamm’s. Thought you might find it interesting…………..

One of the posters at a forum I frequent was the recipient of a phone call from a pollster who inquired as to whether he would be voting for Obama or Romney in the forthcoming election. When he replied that he would be voting for neither, she said “So you won’t be voting?”

He told her he’d be voting indeed, but for Gary Johnson, and she said “Oh no sir, I am asking about the *Presidential* election on November 6.”

Now that is market penetration, baby!

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

And pal, insulting posters for doing their own thing…typical of someone who follows, or leads from behind…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

2010 was ‘Judgment Day’ part I for O-care, and Obozo’s direction for the country.

2012 will be part II… believe it.

And make it so.

CPT. Charles on November 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

pfft.

Obama wins with 98.6% of the vote.

Just like Chavez.

orbitalair on November 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I will, because it’s not “me/me/me”…
right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Yes, it is…I do get it.

Lonely people need interaction.

Bless your heart. Play with your contemporaries.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM

On a side note, while I’m cool with Trollcott in general. This, to my mind, is not a trolling post. It strikes me as a perfectly legitimate prediction for tomorrow’s outcome. Obviously, though, I’m more optimistic on Romney’s chances than libfreeordie is.

JimLennon on November 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Why do you hate people’s freedom to bully other people into not talking to certain posters? :)

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

And that proves you are low information.

I insult everybody!

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Looking at it again I still conclude 322-216 Romney. 53/46. But not ruling out an even better Romney showing.
This almost feels like the opposite of ’08 to me. Maybe even a little touch of ’10 in there.

Al Hall on November 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

The meltdown gummy had was hilarious…

mark81150 on November 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

What thread was the meltdown in?

Regarding this whole Trollcott thing, I’m not a fan of the idea in general. Some people like to ignore trolls, some people would rather spar. Let people decide on their own. The natural tendency is going to be to view left leaning commenters as trolls, since we tend not to get along with them, on account of their stupid ideas and poor hygiene. It’s silly to use that as a basis for muscling people into not speaking with them, and a recipe for turning the comment cation into an echo chamber.

However, I’m amenable to the idea that maybe one or two exceptions could be made, for the most obnoxious thread-derailers. Especially if, as you suggest, the reaction from said troll is amusing. In such a case, the aforementioned Rule of Funny would seem to apply. Perhaps a gumbycott could be in order?

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I predict that MSNBC will call it for Obama at 3:15pm EST.

Oldnuke on November 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I can hardly wait for Obama’s next appointment as Czar… transition Czar.

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Romney wins in landslide.

rpjkw11 on November 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Election? I’ve been watching Idol… What’s going on?

2Tru2Tru on November 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Considering that yours isn’t the only interpretation in existence about “trollcotting”, yet you prattle on as though it is, I say that your usage of “depressing” and “hypocrisy” is indicative of your own psychology, and what it indicates isn’t positive nor healthy.

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Sorry about feeding the anarcho/capitalist troll…but I wanted to repost that since I saw it.

Trollcott is now in effect.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I insult everybody!

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Than you just defined yourself as a troll…interesting…you just post to irritate…yeah, that’s impressive.

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM

If the votes are cast and counted honestly, even allowing for the normal 1-2% Democrat fraud that occurs without challenge, I expect Romney to win. However, I also believe that this year the fraud will literally be 10 times greater. We already have found “miscalibrated” voting machines that record a percentage of Romney votes as Obama across the country. And never the other way around. The military has been disenfranchised with their ballots lost, destroyed, or delayed. And who in their right mind would trust the vote count in any locality with Democrat election officials?

When it settles out, we have an excellent chance of having a government that is totally illegitimate in power. And they will never be able to risk having real, free elections again.

Subotai Bahadur on November 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I smell smoke on the horizon when the 47 percenters

realize on Wednesday that the boy king has gone down in

flames. They will riot, maybe 1-2

weeks worth, and it’s probably a good thing the nat’l

guard is already on the ground.

Hope I’m wrong.

OkieDoc on November 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

If you must respond to a troll’s bait, then can you at least not copy and paste their bait so it is perpetuated downthread?

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

The reason I’m supporting Trollcot, is because things had gtoten out of control, with a certain Troll postein every other post and disrupting every single thread, deliberately.

Tomorrow is the most important Presidential Election in our lifetime. Conservative discussion must remain open and unencumbered.

Trollcott!

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I’m too scared to vote in Patrick’s poll (it requires us to declare who we think will win for President) and too scared to make any kind of predictions. Mostly because although I can see clear evidence of Mittmentum from the rallies and the polling data (with Mitt even or over 1 with oversampling of Democrats), I still don’t trust the Chicago Thug In Chief who resides in the White House.

They are desperate to keep power, and that’s dangerous.

I pray things will turn out the way I hope they will, with Teh Won being forced into early retirement in Hawaii. Moochelle can have her talk shows with low ratings. Just so long as they’re BOTH out of the White House and out of power by January 21, 2013.

Hope for Change this Tuesday.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

mark81150 on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Mark it is good to see ya around … have missed you ( I think it was you)
we had some good discussions during the primaries …. well after the first debate I went from ABO to a mittwitt ..:D of the choices we had to pick from
Mitt Romney was the best choice we had … and I was proud to have voted FOR him … and not just against Obama …
Hope life is good to you and yours … have missed u in QOTD …

conservative tarheel on November 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

We were in solidarity this weekend. We did NOT respond to the trolls, and it was amazingly effective. Please help us.

John the Libertarian on November 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

yeah, that’s impressive.

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Thank you, I am.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

TROLLCOTT

John the Libertarian on November 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

No one can force anyone else to join the trollcott, can they? If anyone wants to feed a troll, they are still welcome to, just as those who don’t like seeing trolls being fed are free to react to those who are feeding said trolls however they want, right?

You sound to me like you don’t believe that peer pressure can ever be a force for good. I don’t see a problem here, except with those who complain about trollcotting yet don’t have a realistic alternative solution to dealing with idiots like gumbyandpokey.

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Here is my prediction for the presidential election:
Swing States:

Romney: Florida, North Carolina, Virgina, Colorado, Ohio, New Hampshire

Obama: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nevada

Result:

Romney 279 Electoral Votes

Obama 259 Electoral Votes

Popular Vote:
Romney 50%
Obama 48%

Dollayo on November 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Praying Romney wins, because I think it’s going to be a LOT closer than anyone realizes. I think it’ll go barely Romney, winning with 272 or 273. He’ll end up with Florida, North Carolina, and Penn IMO.

jedijson on November 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I’m too superstitious to make a predication, don’t want to jinx anything.

I’m a little pessimistic going into tomorrow, but the election could go either way. I figure it’s better not to get my hopes up than going into tomorrow thinking a landslide and having my hopes crushed.

midgeorgian on November 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

As I see it, the media has completely missed this election. They are so busy adding up all the hyphen-American votes that they have completely overlooked the story that is right under their noses. White Americans are very motivated and they are very sick and tired of Obama. The media can pretend that our nation’s demographics have changed to the point that 20 somethings, blacks, hispanics and other voting blocs decide elections but it is simply that, a pretense. A few percentage points increase in the white vote is sufficient to swamp all of the little groups that they try to divide us in to.

American politics has become a contest between the liberal urban base and the smaller town and rural base. The balance is controlled by the suburbs. Suburban America is fed up of sending all of their tax dollars to finance the bloated and wasteful cities. They see that it is ruining us and their disaffection will win this election in a landslide for Mitt.

MJBrutus on November 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Thank you, I am.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Not understanding sarcasm…even more impressive…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

So…Rasmussen’s party ID survey for Oct? 39.1R-33.3D

wargamer6 on November 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

322 EVs

El_Terrible on November 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Gumby has hijacked most of the threads for weeks and nobody tried to boycott him.

The trollcott started when he repeated again and again that he didn’t care about the murdered Americans in Benghazi and when he was euphoric about Sandy, because he thinks it helps Obama.

That was too much.

Gelsomina on November 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM

MSNBC will be the best. A very very quiet Matthews will suddenly excuse himself, go offstage, and then you’ll hear a single gunshot followed by panicked screaming and the screen suddenly going to test pattern.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Oh brother!…lol ,, I almost spit my vodka out!.. Good stuff.. :-)

Al Hall on November 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Bamboo sticks, they don’t rust and are easier to remove from the…trespassers.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I like rust .. adds infection potential … and I do not care about ease of removal …
hack saw works find … it if causes some pain .. too bad … teachable moment and all that ….

conservative tarheel on November 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

John the Libertarian on November 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Because it’s you…because your post is not a threat, or demand…because you are reasonable, (except for the “us” part), I will pick and choose…

You do understand that posters like “cozmo” are as much as a troll as the liberal trolls, right? That’s the problem with not responding to “trolls”, some are just a different variety.

And most trolls, if given enough rope, end up getting banned…few last more than a couple of months…and after over 6 years of posting here, I have seen my share of trolls.

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Romney is leading by double digits in all of the major polls.

So I ask you again, even if it’s just 5%, where do the dems pick up the votes?

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sorry for calling you a “Mitt-head”…I apologize for the slander. Nationally this is a close election. Obama is ahead in the swing states where it counts. If the independents would swing the election, Romney would be leading the polls…he is not. The bipartisan photo-op with Chris Christie will push a lot of independents to Obama. Christie’s endorsement of Obama’s competence will be important. A Republican keynote speaker and superstar telling everyone that Obama did a great hob in a crisis. You can not buy that type of good press. Obama is a massive 4:1 favorite in this election.

ZippyZ on November 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

And yet hundreds of threads were derailed, disrupted, and carpet bombed by the Ron Paul crowd not too long ago….

If it’s true Gumby is a campaign worker, then he should be banned, not trollcotted. The only reason for a campaign worker to be here is to disrupt. And even if he isn’t, lately he’s gone beyond making any rational argument, to making any comment he can think of at the moment just to disrupt things. That should be a ban.

As for other trolls, call ‘em like you see ‘em. I don’t think libfree is disruptive. I don’t think the drywall is disruptive.

oldroy on November 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Not understanding sarcasm…even more impressive…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

You got it little one.

In the meantime you have completely missed that the troll you were trading attention with is no where around. You have whined, berated and screamed at anyone who didn’t accede to your wishes. And, have become what you wanted to attack.

Mission accomplished, trollcott continues.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

The joking about 101% aside, I’m genuinely interested in whether and/or why you think Obama will lose the popular vote while winning the electoral college.

You originally said Romney 51.2, Obama 49.8.

Did you mean Romney 50.2, Obama 49.8? Or did you think Romney would win the popular vote by a full 1.4 points? If we allow 1% for 3rd party candidates, then a 1.4% margin for Romney would give us Romney 50.2, Obama 48.8.

JimLennon on November 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Dang, I get blamed for everything. Starting the trollcott and being a troll.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Romney and Obama tied…. in D+11 poll.

Romney will win because of
1. GOP Enthusiasm
2. Independents
3. Romney Democrats

El_Terrible on November 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

So…Rasmussen’s party ID survey for Oct? 39.1R-33.3D

wargamer6 on November 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Interesting; that almost identical to Gallups findings.
Yet Rasmussen is using a D+4 sample weight in his current track.

Suggests an undertow of a GOP enthusiasm and turnot which would likely produce a Romney landslide.

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

No what’s depressing is dictators like you, supposedly on the same side berating and abusing others for not marching in lockstep with you. Why would I (let alone where?) act as if my opinion was the only interpretation? I’ve already said elsewhere that I can see where trollcotting has its merits, but I’m not about to be bullied into following like so much sheeple.

But with your mask removed, I now know better that while our interests/concerns may overlap, if given the chance, you’re just as tyrannical as the moonbats.

I will engage with whom I please and ignore those as I wish.

If you own HA, you’re welcome to set your own rules and even delete my posts as lefty sites are wont to do. But you don’t and resort to bullying. Good luck with that. If you can’t see how you’re acting like the lefties, then shame on you.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Bamboo sticks, they don’t rust and are easier to remove from the…trespassers.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

And they hurt like an S.O.B.!! Fact!

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Obama will win, California, New York, Illinois, Vermont and the District of Columbia.
Obama May win Washington, Oregon, Maine, and Hawaii.

All other states will vote Romney.

The republicans will gain 12 in the Senate and hold the House with 7 to 11 seats gained.

The Popular Vote Split will be – Romney 54 Obama 45

And if I’m wrong, I’m expecting to be mocked for it mercilessly on Wednesday.

I can provide the links showing that I have predicted this outcome since July 14 2012.

jaydee_007 on November 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

First… if you’ll pardon me…

(pulls out a Louisville Slugger… Take that, inner Eeeyore… SPLAT!! )

Now, while he’s unconscious…

I’m going 291-247. Romney fails to take Ohio, but pulls out a surprising blitzkrieg win in PA. He also takes the close races in NH, CO, and WI.

My map

All right, my Eeyore is stirring. Back to pessimism, breakfast, and a few calls for the cause.

JohnGalt23 on November 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Correct, and I’m free to react in turn and say its a bad idea.

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

You know, you’re right. I was obviously being too much of an absolutist. I should have qualified my remark with something to the effect of:

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

My biggest prediction for the election was the landslide – of riots. I predict Detroit will kick things off, then Oakland and LA, followed by a landslide of riots cross country.

When the media sees that they have blood on their hands, they will blame the pollsters: “How could they have been so wrong?”

All precipitated by a Romney 52% Pop. and 300+ Electoral vote win.

oldroy on November 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Want to get rid of a resident “troll”? Let’s make a wager. All Romney has to do is win tomorrow and I will remove myself from this site permanently. If Obama wins, anyone who takes me up on the offer can stay put, but you just have to copy and paste this phrase to the post election thread on every page that it produces: “StoneKrab, you were right all along and I’m sorry I ever doubted you.” Just so we are clear…if it’s 7 pages, you post it 7 times, 10 pages, 10 times…etc. We wouldn’t want anyone to miss your statement right? Now who’s up for it? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. You will never hear from me again.

StoneKrab on November 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Some people would screw up a wet dream.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM

If it’s any indication, this Michigander would crawl on her hands and knees in the pouring rain to my polling place tomorrow. I mean that…on my hands and knees.

Republican enthusiasm bests the Dem enthusiasm of 2008, because when we get jazzed up we skip the hype but set our spines. And Republican spines are made of the hardest steel on planet Earth.

Grace_is_sufficient on November 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Be a man/woman/think and reply to who you want. Don’t let others decided who you should reply to.

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

And, be aware that trolls appear in many forms. They just want to see the thread derailed and end up in some crap argument rather than a discussion of the subject.
There are trolls on the “right” who are just as crappy as the leftoid drones.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

oldroy on November 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

This is happening because Hotair seems to have lost the will to ban any trolls. The TOS here has become a joke.

If you don’t think trolls are a problem it’s because you haven’t spent much time here.

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Take a deep breath. A little peer pressure, a group consensus, is nowhere near a dictatorship. Trollcott worked very well thus far. At the very least can you not copy and paste the troll’s bait, thereby perpetuating it downthread?

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Not familiar with trollcot. Is lipfreezepoorfry a troll officially?

smoothsailing on November 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Oh, indisputably.

But you have to watch out for it whining and sniveling about its poor, damaged soul (from all the ‘mean’ remarks).
The victimhood (self-pity) is strong in that one.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Holy crap ras just released

October 31, 2012
Republican Democrat Other R – D Quarterly
2012
Oct 39.1% 33.3% 27.5% 5.8%
Sep 36.8% 34.2% 29.0% 2.6% 2.6%
Aug 37.6% 33.3% 29.2% 4.3%
Jul 34.9% 34.0% 31.1% 0.9%
Jun 35.4% 34.0% 30.5% 1.4% 1.8%
May 35.7% 33.8% 30.5% 1.9%
Apr 35.1% 33.1% 31.8% 2.0%
Mar 36.4% 33.4% 30.2% 3.0% 3.3%
Feb 36.0% 32.4% 31.6% 3.6%
Jan 35.9% 32.5% 31.6% 3.4%

Conservative4ev on November 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Well, I would be a big fat turkey if I backed off now from my year-long crusade on Pennsylvania. Especially after that historic rally last night.

Romney 309 Obama 229

Romney wins: PA, OH, FL, CO, NH, VA, WI

Obama wins: MN, NV, IA

If we fall just short in WI, we still win with 299. Even a loss of Ohio ends up with 271 and the win. This is why Romney was in PA last night.

rockmom on November 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM

So, what’s your point? Would you like to undue the past, then redo it somehow?

oldroy on November 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Here is what I pointed out to jimver a few weeks ago: Ed, Allah, & the rest obviously don’t agree with you that gumbyandpokey deserves to be banned, so complaining about him while waiting for something that apparently will never happen to be done only makes you look silly and ineffectual.

Trollcotting is a better alternative to your stance, and what makes it especially great is that you along with everyone else are free to do whatever you want in reaction to it if you don’t like it!

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

after over 6 years of posting here, I have seen my share of trolls.

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I’m with you. But I’ve never seen a soul as corrupt and tenacious as gumby. I believe it’s someone high up in the Obama campaign because of all the internal and historical polls at its fingertips. And its laughing and dismissing of Benghazi was the final straw, I think HA hit the collective panic button.

John the Libertarian on November 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

StoneKrab on November 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I have never seen you before so I really can’t say your a troll ….
I have never witnessed you hi-jack a thread here let alone 5 or 6 ….
so at this point I really don’t consider you a troll …

conservative tarheel on November 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Popular vote, Romney 51.2, Obama 49.8

In the spirit of a long lost lib poster, COUNT IT!

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

mom29js on November 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

highlarious on msdnc right now, so upset that mitch mcconnel wanted to make obama a one term president but thinks harry is awesome because he insists he won’t work with romney and the election isn’t even over….

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM