Hot Air Survey: Your Election Predictions

posted at 9:21 am on November 5, 2012 by Patrick Ishmael

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I have to go with the math on this so I will say President Obama wins with about 300 electoral votes …I live in Ohio ( where I will vote tomorrow)and Colorado and the President will win both of these … I was born in Richmond ,Virginia,and President Obama will squeak out a victory there … and I grew up on the Delaware /Pennsylvania state line ( I know you will be excited to know Vice President Biden’s house is just a few minutes from my old high school ) and Obama/Biden will frustrate Romney and the GOP by winning Penn again …( you have to love the City of Brotherly Love )

now I would not bet either of my houses on my prediction … because you add the selfish Romney backers together with the well meaning ones …and that could be enough for Romney to win …

I know if all Americans could magically be polled and thus the election be decided that way then the President would win but I’m well aware too many of them might not vote

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Rasmussen just released their party affiliation data for October.

GOP at 39.1% has never been higher, the 5.8% lead over Dems has also never been higher.

NumbersMuncher ?@NumbersMuncher
Rasmussen party ID survey had D+7 in 2008 (was D+7), D+3 in 2010 (was even). Now the survey shows R+6. If its only even Romney will win big

commodore on November 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

In other words if you are not part of the management I could care less about your rules.

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

It’s not a “rule”, ernestine. It’s a voluntary association to improve the atmosphere of the board.
Surely, as a “conservative”, you can understand.

As I said, trolls come in all forms.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Dang, I get blamed for everything. Starting the trollcott and being a troll.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

lol

I hereby enroll you in right2bright’s “School For Sarcasm Detection” whether you like it or not, which, as a dictator, is my wont!

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My inner eeyore is riding strong.

I scored it 294-244 for Bam thanks to a micro-bounce the media manufactured at the exact right time by very subtly pointing out how he’s not Bush is handling the Sandy aftermath. Mitt only wins North Carolina, Florida and Colorado, and we are all doomed.

Mitt still wins the popular vote though by a larger margin than Al Gore thanks to a depressed turnout in New York and New Jersey that will hold Bam’s vote total down but won’t be nearly enough to put the states in play.

alchemist19 on November 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Praying Romney wins, because I think it’s going to be a LOT closer than anyone realizes. I think it’ll go barely Romney, winning with 272 or 273. He’ll end up with Florida, North Carolina, and Penn IMO.

jedijson on November 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Have to disagree. I think it will be called for Romney
by 11:00 pm eastern time. I would not be surprised
to see Romney push up against 400 EV.

ToddPA on November 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

conservative tarheel on November 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

um…I’ve been here for years…which is my offer is important. Some have wanted to get rid of me for quite some time and here’s their chance. It only takes one brave soul…actually since so many people here think it’s going to be a Romney landslide it shouldn’t be that difficult of a wager. Some on here have suggested Romney winning 300 + EV’s. If that’s the case, this is an easy way to get rid of me.

StoneKrab on November 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Rasmussen just released their party affiliation data for October.

NumbersMuncher ?@NumbersMuncher

commodore on November 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Where are you getting never been higher? I can only see it going back to 2004. I want to see what it looked like in the 80′s and 90′s.

This does bode well, however.

The One is toast. I can’t wait for tomorrow night.

Fish on November 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

StoneKrab on November 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

like I said … I have never seen you troll …. now offering an well thought out opinion that is different that others … that makes for a good discussion …
that is fun .. interesting .. and informative …. I enjoy those …
so I will not take your kindly made offer … I would like to see what you have
to say .. :D

conservative tarheel on November 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM

They just announced the new Gallup …Romney 49 President Obama 48 …so Hot Air right wing fringe where did the Romney 5 point Gallup lead from last week go ?… yeah ,there is momentum but this shows again it is not Romney momentum

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

CA confuses me. Didn’t they pass a referendum that whichever POTUS candidate wins the EV also takes CA regardless of CA’s actual vote?

I didn’t count CA in my EV count for the HA poll, but given the two quotes above, that struck me as possible, given their on the West Coast. If CA Dems see Romney already got 271, many just might stay home because of that referendum.

idalily on November 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I could be wrong but I think something like that must be ratified by a majority of states. Or possibly even more than a majority. And that hasn’t happened. So it isn’t in affect this time around… Not to say how many CA voters know/don’t know that, though.

Al Hall on November 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

NumbersMuncher ?@NumbersMuncher

Romney wins the EV if turnout is anything less than a D+4

Even? 330+ Electoral votes Romney

R+6? Obama would be lucky to win IL

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Sorry, no can do. Remedial education camp taught by instructors my daughter would laugh at ain’t for me.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

The incumbent is polling two below the magic 50 percent with his challenger leading or tying him in most polls … and you’re crowing about that being some awesome momentum. Anyone can still win this but that is just pathetic logic.

smoothsailing on November 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Popular vote, Romney 51.2, Obama 49.8

In the spirit of a long lost lib poster, COUNT IT!

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Without really intending to, I did count it. And noticed that 51.2 plus 49.8 adds up to 101%.

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

LOL

Typical exampel of Al Gore Lib “Fuzzy Math”

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

But, it’s the intent that counts.

Liveasaslaveanddie gets his participation trophy.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

LOL!

Confirmed. You are a liberal troll.

You do do realize 70-80% of all Colorado votes are already in, and a significant higher number of Republicans than Democrats have returned their ballots?

Colorado has a higher proportion of early voters than anywhere in the country with the exception of OR (all mail-in ballots).

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

My guess is Romney wins the popular, Obama wins the electoral.

hatecraft on November 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

But intellectual honesty ain’t exactly HotAir’s most robust export.

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Said the previously banned DeathToMediaHacks retread sock puppet.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

No what’s depressing is dictators like you, supposedly on the same side berating and abusing others for not marching in lockstep with you. Why would I (let alone where?) act as if my opinion was the only interpretation? I’ve already said elsewhere that I can see where trollcotting has its merits, but I’m not about to be bullied into following like so much sheeple.

But with your mask removed, I now know better that while our interests/concerns may overlap, if given the chance, you’re just as tyrannical as the moonbats.

I will engage with whom I please and ignore those as I wish.

If you own HA, you’re welcome to set your own rules and even delete my posts as lefty sites are wont to do. But you don’t and resort to bullying. Good luck with that. If you can’t see how you’re acting like the lefties, then shame on you.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Let’s see: “depressing”, “dictators”, “berating and abusing” “marching in lockstep”, “bullied”, “sheeple”, “mask removed”, “tyrannical as the moonbats” “resort to bullying”, “shame on you”.

Let me guess: you don’t believe you are being oppressed by me and my dictatorial ways?

My response: you are hysterical, delusional, suffer from a persecution complex, and remind me of a rebellious punk rocker who fights against an authority which will never own you and can’t tell you what to do!

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

But intellectual honesty ain’t exactly HotAir’s most robust export.

libfreeordie
on November 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Said the previously banned DeathToMediaHacks retread sock puppet.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I agree that liberalism is a mental disease, else they either know better than to do stuff like this, they don’t care, or they think it’s OK to be flaming hypocritical.

avagreen on November 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Al Hall on November 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

You’re basically right. Actually, there is no constitutional prohibition against California dividing up its electoral votes however it sees fit, but the specific law passed was written to not take effect until it passes in enough states to reach 270 votes.

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Seriously, the “trollcot” is beyond stupid. All it does is make it look like you have no response when a lib posts something and looks like they are correct. You who are doign the “trollcot” thing are shooting yourselves in the foot.

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Norwegian …wow you are a Sherlock Holmes aren’t you …considering Since from the first day I posted on here I said I was a very proud Democrat …. as far as Colorado there have been 1.6 million votes cast ,so based on 2008 voting totals that is not 80% …also the gap is very small now between GOP and Democratic voters in amount of votes cast

Colorado Democrats are counting on the unaffiliated to carry the day for President Obama … in the past few election cycles they have gone more Democratic including when Senator Michael Bennett beat tea Party Hack Buck ( even though Rasmussen had Buck winning)

It could go either way… but I will stay optimistic that both the states I live in ( also Ohio ) will help vote President Obama back in

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Dang, I get blamed for everything. Starting the trollcott and being a troll.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Aman of many talents.

To whom much is given, much is expected. :)

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Correct, and I’m free to react in turn and say its a bad idea.

You know, you’re right. I was obviously being too much of an absolutist. I should have qualified my remark with something to the effect of:

However, I’m amenable to the idea that maybe one or two exceptions could be made, for the most obnoxious thread-derailers. Especially if, as you suggest, the reaction from said troll is amusing. In such a case, the aforementioned Rule of Funny would seem to apply. Perhaps a gumbycott could be in order?

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thank you for reiterating that you yourself have no problem with trollcotting itself by allowing for instances of it, which undermines any complaints you may have about it in general ( i.e. what makes you in particular worthy to be one of the elites who decides when it should be applied?) and thus making you look like a confused, defensive, hypocritical whiner for criticizing it.

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM

to smooth sailing …it is basically a tie in the national polls with President Obama up a.2 or .4 but momentum does count as Romney fans were crowing about last week and the simple Gallup Fact is Romney has lost a five to six point gallup lead in a week .just the gallup facts smooth sailing just the Gallup facts …
also in 80% of the key battleground polls The President is winning by a couple of points

I am not exactly sure who will win but I rather be in President Obama’s shoes according to the current math than Romney’s shoes …

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Laughably said by a whiny troll who’s trolling while being attention-starved.

You are a pathetic loser who deserves to trollcotted for being so stupid, and people like me enjoy your mockable misery! :)

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

LOL, wishful thinking in other words.

Overall turnout is going to be lower than 2008, but the early vote as percentage of the total will remain the same.

Every Colorado poll with disclosed internals has shown Rommey winning independents in Colorado by double digits. Combine that with Romney’s current lead among early voters and he will win CO by around 6 points.

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I predicted Romney to win 305 EVs but I counted Wisconsin and Michigan I(but not Pa., Iowa, Nevada, Oregon). Take away those two states and it’s 279. Take away Ohio and it’s down to 261 and he loses. But then again if he wins an upset in Pa. it’s back up to a winning 281.

Maybe I’m a Pollyanna but I can’t believe this country will re-elect Obama.

MaiDee on November 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

New MonMouth national poll just out…

Romney 48
Obama 48

Romney wins independents by 16 points (!)

Another Dem Skewed sample that still can’t put Obama over 50.

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

You don’t seem to understand – my powers as a dictatorial trollcotter irresistably compel you to attend the Sarcasm School of the incomparably great and not-to-be-questioned right2bright!

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

23 million. 14.6%. 16 trillion.

3.97 > ?.??. Mitt loves America. Ann is lovely. It’s the economy and we aren’t that stupid.

Breaking: The response of FEMA to Sandy is worse than it was to Katrina. Military fed up with CIC who takes credit for their work, votes present in a crisis and then lies.

Fraudulent polls quicken our resolve.

55-45 and 337-201

Basilsbest on November 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

TROLLCOTT!
TROLLCOTT-a-rooni!
TROLLCOTT-o-RAMA!
TROLLCOTT-a-MUNDO!
TROLL-COTT-a-lamma-damma-ding-dong!

Even though I have more than a feeling that the singer would NEVER apply this to the current situation – I cannot think of a more appropriate tune – even MORE so if one substitutes “OVER YOU” for “OLDER TOO”

L A N D S L I D E

Katfish on November 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

And another one…

ARG – National Poll

Romney 49%
Obama 49%

Romney wins independents by double digits again (+12%)

Sample is hopelessly skewed towards Democrats (D+6, same as 2008)

In other words, if Obama gets everyone who voted for him in 2008 to show up at the polls again in 2012….he ties and gets 49%..LOL

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Breaking news … President Obama up 3 points in the WMUR poll just released in New Hampshire … that is an upswing for the President of 3 points in just a few days

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Dang, I hate being forced into things.

Just make sure it doesn’t interfere with me having to help my wife color her hair.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

You who are doign the “trollcot” thing are shooting yourselves in the foot.

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Except that it worked quite nicely this weekend.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

New MonMouth national poll just out…

Romney 48
Obama 48

Romney wins independents by 16 points (!)

Another Dem Skewed sample that still can’t put Obama over 50.

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The sample is D+4. D35, R31 and I34.

Basilsbest on November 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Surely, as a “conservative”, you can understand.

As I said, trolls come in all forms.

Solaratov on November 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

That’s Enstine not ernestine and for you it’s Dr. Enstine.

I can’t believe you just pulled the “any reasonably intelligent person” crap on me. You carry on with this trollcott crap and then pull a classic, “Surely, as a “conservative”, you can understand.” troll.
Fine, you want to play the trollcott game then more power to you but don’t start berating people that do not. It makes you as bad as those you claim to dislike and is off topic. Which is what you have accomplished with me. A load of trollcott crap pushing the thread off topic.
Seldom do I think admins should get pushy in threads but I really wish one would show up and tell you “conservitives” to knock off the trollcott crap.

I’ll not post in this thread again. In fact I may not post at HA until the next election. Once again I was mistaken that the people here had an interest in political discussion and maybe some fun but, once again I’m shown that it’s nothing but a pathetic club sitting in an echo chamber.

Back to lurk mode.

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

put your money where your mouths are!

Betters are usually the only ones without bias

zbunde on November 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

There’s a word for people who post comments like this on the Internet, I just can’t recall what it is off the top of my head.

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Well, I would be a big fat turkey if I backed off now from my year-long crusade on Pennsylvania. Especially after that historic rally last night.

Romney 309 Obama 229

Romney wins: PA, OH, FL, CO, NH, VA, WI

Obama wins: MN, NV, IA

If we fall just short in WI, we still win with 299. Even a loss of Ohio ends up with 271 and the win. This is why Romney was in PA last night.

rockmom on November 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I must admit that I seriously don’t think Iowa will allow itself to go Obama again… I have a sneaky suspicion they were somewhat shocked when they learned they went blue last time around and they will not let that happen again. At least, not with this guy.. Just my two cents worth.

Al Hall on November 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Remember folks, nothing makes trolls happier than successfully sowing discard and disharmony and creating conflict among otherwise largely like minded people. It’s one of their primary objectives.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Playin’ it safe here but my gut says over 300EV:

51.8 R for PV
45.4 ZERO for PV

~280 EV R

RedNewEnglander on November 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

My map
Oboobi: 185
Mittness: 353

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

New MonMouth national poll just out…

Romney 48
Obama 48

Romney wins independents by 16 points (!)

Another Dem Skewed sample that still can’t put Obama over 50.

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:34

PM

The sample is D+4. D35, R31 and I34.

Basilsbest on November 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Wow. So this outfit thinks Republicans will make up LESS of the total electorate than in 2008….And Obama still can’t break 50!

LOL… Good luck with that, Dems!

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Norwegian you are going to skewer yourself with your skewering obsession , Hot Air is full of lunatic fringe right wingers who think apparently God has blessed them with the ability to deconstruct polls perfectly … every poll that has President Obama winning is flawed according to you folks … after the President Obama wins … Norwegian maybe you can take your talents to a polling company and help them with you God given (?)gifts(?)

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

SERIOUSLY WHY DON’T YOU BET YOUR ENTIRE RETIREMENT FUND ON MITT ROMNEY!???!?!?! HE IS GOING TO WIN!

Bet 100k get 300k back Romney GUARANTEED TO WIN RIGHT? This is easy MONEY!!!

JOIN ME!!!

zbunde on November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I SAW SO MANY PEOPLE IN LINE TO VOTE IN A RED PRECINCT THAT MEANS ROMNEY GUARANTEED WIN!

COME ON GUYS WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

POLLZ ARE STOOPID. TRUST YOUR HOTAIR!

ROMNEY!!! 3-1 EZ MONEY !

BOOM BOOM BOOM

zbunde on November 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Worthwhile reading for the day before the presidential election:

Romney for President
The Obama record is unimpressive.

AdrianS on November 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Take a deep breath. A little peer pressure, a group consensus, is nowhere near a dictatorship. Trollcott worked very well thus far. At the very least can you not copy and paste the troll’s bait, thereby perpetuating it downthread?

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I’m calm. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some for berating and cursing those who ignore the trollcott.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Dave in Florida stunned by October party identification.

I’m stunned. I really am not sure what to make of these numbers. If you thought Rasmussen’s September poll of partisan ID was beyond belief, well the October numbers are incredible. To refresh your memory, this poll is conducted monthly and asks 15,000 people what party they are affiliated with. In my Rasmussen Party ID model, I use a 3 month average of these numbers.

The new October number is way beyond anything I was expecting. The new numbers are:

Democrat 33.3%
Republican 39.1%
Independent 27.5%

Dave’s website here.

Basilsbest on November 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Back to lurk mode.

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Frank, don’t let a handful of bad apples keep you from posting comments here. A lot of the people doing this trollcott thing were just doing it out of legitimate frustration with a handful of commenters (e.g. Gumby) who were particularly obnoxious. It obviously got out of hand here, and like I said earlier I’m not a big fan of the idea, but most of the people doing it are not intentionally trying to stifle dissent. I agree there’s a danger of this kind of thing leading to an echo chamber, but I think most people are aware of this, or are becoming aware, and will probably either discontinue the practice, or at least tone it down going forward. Stay onboard; most of us welcome discussion and debate.

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

And being selfish of what one has earned is wrong how? Oboobi claims that he has the Biblical high ground, when pushing class envy. How?:

So the last will be first, and the first will be last. Matt 20:16

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard. “About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went. “He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’
” ‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’
“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’
“The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These men who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
“But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?
“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.” (Matt.20: 1-16)

In other words, Jesus said: “Shut up and take the pay you agreed to and quit looking at what others have. Don’t be jealous because someone got a better deal than you. Ingrate!!!”

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

LOL, take a deep breath, leftie.

I am only reporting the facts:

1. Republicans lead in early voting in CO for 2012
2. Early voting comprised 78% of total votes cast in 2008
3. Every CO poll w/internals show Romney winning independents

If you think that translates into a Obama victory in Colorado, be my guest.

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

RINO in Name Only on November 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM

What’s that they say about those who are losing arguments, and ad hominem? Thank you for passive-aggressively and so easily conceding the point to me! :)

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Democrat 33.3%
Republican 39.1%
Independent 27.5%

Let’s assume these numbers are true and accurately reflect tomorrow’s turnout. If 90% of Democrats vote for Obama, 90% of Republicans vote for Romney, and independents are split 50/50, then…

Romney wins 52-48.

Obama would have to win 58% of all independents to overcome a Republican turnout edge like that.

The Republicans can’t be so lucky as to get a 6 point turnout edge tomorrow, can they?

JimLennon on November 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

JimLennon on November 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I think they not only can, but will.

I am going with Romney winning by a 7-point margin.

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Norwegian ,you are counting on the same internals etc that said Tea Party hack Ken Buck ( Rasmussen had him by 4 )would beat Democratic Senator Michael Bennett …and we know how that turned out … I loved voting for Bennett in that election and although my polling place is in Ohio now luckily …all my family in Denver ,and Lakewood and Fort Collins will be voting for President Obama

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

There is (IMHO) a HUGE difference between simple civil discourse / disagreement and trolldom – the 2 are not even close……….

Differences of opinion are what MADE this country!!

Katfish on November 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Ha. Well done and topped only by the Paraphrased Exchange of the Day© (PEOTD):

I’ll self-ban if you agree to post repeatedly that I was right all along about an unknown subject.

Hi, nice to meet you. Are you new here?

I’ve been here for years! It makes this important!

Sorry, who are you again?

Thanks to everyone involved. That made page four worth getting to.

rogerb on November 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Over 3/4s of a million early votes have been tallied by EOB last Friday in Harris County (aka metro Houston)

Katfish on November 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I bet everything on Romney based on the super informative well thought out arguments in here!

I don’t care what they say about you guys, you are really good at doing research…

Did God tell you Romney would get 340 electoral points? If so its probably true.

Majority of food stamp receivers are mostly republicans in rural america.

KEEP VOTING FOR YOUR INTERESTS GUYS!!!!

With all these dang Hispanics moving in thou, we could loose Texas as a safely red state in the next 20 years. If that happens we might have to say that god doesn’t cause rape ( even tho we know he does) just to have a shot at winning a national election!

I mean 7-2 odds Obama wins- too bad bettors are wrong often. Oh wait they haven’t ever got an election wrong before-

it is too easy to predict…

zbunde on November 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

After four years of seeing everyone who opposed Obama labeled a racist, I have to assume that a sort of Bradley effect is much more in effect now than it ever was with Bradley or Wilder.

ConservativeLA on November 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Oh, look. There’s another one. GAZE.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

It’d be hilarious if I won this little contest but my prediction regarding Florida turning blue is tilting slightly unlikely right now. I guess we’ll know tomorrow.

I have to admit that some of the predictions in here are far more sensible than I was expecting.

Typhonsentra on November 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

TROLLCOT!

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I put Romney at 345.

Watch out for Illinois cause I’m betting it goes red or is automatically too close to call before all those votes are found in a trunk somewhere.

The Red Pill on November 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Dang, I get blamed for everything. Starting the trollcott and being a troll.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

You “started” this, and when someone doesn’t fall into line you whine about it, a cry about them not doing what you want…I get it now…

Good grief, the children have taken over the posting here…time to leave.

Please, stay on this thread, don’t go to other threads…keep posting here, you are are F’in brilliant…keep posting here, and do not respond to those scary intimidating trolls…if anyone does, make sure you attack them…my oh my…

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM

R-303 or more Electoral Votes
O 235 or less Electoral Votes

Oxybeles on November 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Your handle is an oxymoron.

As for those new to the debate over trollcotting, here’s a taste from yesterday’s “Mitt’s likeability” thread:

Thou shalt not tempt the troll our bane!
TROLLCOTT!
Liam on November 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
—————————-
Good job Liam!
Pay attention AH_C
cozmo on November 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM
————————
…thanks Liam!
NO TROLLS…!!!
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM
————————
————————
Meh. I’m sadistic that way. I will continue to flay gumby and the other pissant trolls.
AH_C on November 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM
————————-
…pissonyourself then!
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
———————
Humor us. We’re trying a blog experiment. Forbear for a bit, por favor?
cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
——————–
I for one refuse to post on any thread where the troll appears.
I refuse to give my blog traffic to such a thread.
It will be up to the management from there how they want to proceed.
TROLLCOTT.
cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM
———————
———————
Suit yourself. As to the rest of you trollcotters, I’ll forbear. Interesting that you’ll hang tough on this but nowhere to be found when real conservatives could have used your support. At least I know we’re not on the same team even if our interests overlap from time to time.
AH_C on November 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM
——————–
…well good for you!…shi!tonyourself too then!
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM
——————-
——————-
So we now dedicate one quarter of comments to trollcotting as HA descends into a dailyKos/Huffington atmosphere? I always thot that this was a place to comment and discuss. Gumby is welcome to post its opinions, no matter how misguided or?

Better yet, ask yourself this: why hasn’t gumby been banned yet, in spite of your pleas?

So no I won’t kiss off until I’ve been banned. Furthermore, I’m of the opinion that evil spreads only when good folks say nothing. As long as gumby or any other is spouting nonsense/evil, it needs to be countered — if necessary seventy times seven.
AH_C on November 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM
——————
——————
——————
On this new Pew poll when you dig deep into party ideology for likely voters you actually get:
978 D’s
834 R’s

for a breakdown of
D 54
R 46

I call that a skewed poll.
bgibbs1000 on November 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM
(AH_C NOTE: Notice no reference to troll)
————————
bgibbs1000 on November 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM
…trollcot (:->)
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM
———————
AH_C on November 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM
How do you believe Gandhi’s passive resistance technique would have fared against the Japanese, Nazis, or Khmer Rouge?

Your ‘one size fits all’ approach is naive and unrealistic in the case of an automaton like gumbyandpokey, would solve nothing, and reminds me of Neville Chamberlain.
Anti-Control on November 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM
—————-
——————-
You know, yelling “Trollcot” is in itself a response to trolls. If it were to be a response, it is preferable to counter them with facts to combat their attempt to demoralize.
bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM
—————–
Well…c’mon. They are trying for a concerted effort to ignore a certain few commenters here, in the hope that they get bored and leave.
If no one knows about this concerted effort…?!
RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM
——————–
——————–
Walker lead in EVERY SINGLE POLL over Barrett.
gumbyandpokey

Then why were you claiming Walker was a goner,liar?
xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
————————-
Not engaging the trolls in a personal way is fine, but letting them get away with misleading statements, creating a false meme of a big momentum shift or reversal, is not wise. Their posts can be read by anyone who visit the site and may be taken at face value. It would be like having Barry/Axelrod run all the negative ads in the summer without being called out.
bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
—————–
…you going panfish on us?
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
—————-
Then you are pi$$ing away what other people worked hard to create.
It worked all day.
But whatever…
cozmo on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM
—————-
…you going to be the only azz in the country that doesn’t get it?
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM
————–
—————
Did the Trollcot work? Did they go away? They have kept on posting, if you have not noticed. Their mission is to demoralize, to be agent provocateur. They are not here to seek your approval or winning popularity contest. Their aim, especially the paid troll from the campaign, is to cast seeds of doubt in the mind of whoever visit HotAir and read the comments. They will not stop just because they are ignored and not responded to.
bayview on November 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
————-
—————
gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Liar.
xblade on November 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
—————
Trollcott is engaged. Do not engage the trolls. Repeat: Do not engage the trolls.
happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM
——————
—————
Naah, I like calling it the liar that it is. Maybe instead of trollcot, everyone could just respond with “liar”. Because that’s exactly what it is.
They are probably in a union, so they likely all get paid the same, no matter what, lol.
xblade on November 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
————–
…hey! …this thread is headed to a thousand without the troll argument…don’t start putting your head where the liberals have theirs…k?
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
—————
——————-
Feel free to play your Trollcott game if you like. I choose not to.
xblade on November 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM
————–
Way to stand with comrades, good for you!
It is all about you after all.
cozmo on November 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM
—————
…wellthengofockyourselfyoulittleneddlenoseddick!
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM
————–
————-
Kool, we are all mostly friends here. If Xblade chooses to comment to the troll it is his business. He’s not your foil here, the troll is. If just by the disagreement of who or will not comment to it makes us argue to this extent, then the troll still wins.
One Team, One Fight?
hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
———————-
——————–
Why not, it’s pretty clear that’s where you’ve put yours at this point. If you want mindless groupthink, I recommend Kos. In the meantime, until you or anyone else here starts paying for my internet connection, I’ll respond to whoever the fluke I want…k?
xblade on November 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM
—————-
…k…why sure there mindless moron…what ever floats your little boat!
Have fun!
KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
——————–
———————
Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 4:25 AM
No, it is important to counter them, but you don’t have to engage in direct debate with them. To pretend like they aren’t there lets them spread their BS unchallenged. What was stupid was when people would demand that Gumby and others answer lists of questions. They would ask over and over, “why haven’t you answered my questions yet, Gumby?! I’m waiting.”

Challenging or countering someone’s spam does not require you to quote their message or even mention them by name in your response.

Some of you may be able to pretend like the trolls are not here for the remaining day or two before the election, but I think we all know that this “trollcott” would never have lasted if it had had begun months ago.
bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 4:50 AM
—————-
I say that you are a whiny, delusional person with a next-to-nonexistent sense of humor and an inflated self-opinion.

What evidence can your provide to counter that – insults? ROFL@you and your predictability!
Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 4:54 AM
————-
Thanks, I love you too!
bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 5:08 AM
————-
Considering that you couldn’t refute what I said about you with evidence, I congratulate you for giving about the best possible answer short of that!
Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM
——————
——————
hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
…I understand that bud…but when you see what’s going on about you…can you go with the flow for once for all the crap in the past… when it’s not really hurting anything…or do you have too just be… the only dick?
KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Carry on with your silly reindeer games.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

TROLLCOT!

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Actually, that’s been my personal policy for years. Only on rare occasions will a reply to a troll.

If a site lets them run wild and those who like having them around to play with don’t smack them down enough I move on.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Only on rare occasions will a I reply to a troll.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I understand. Something had to be done concerning the “Poll Troll”, who was basically contributing every other post on HA. This idea seems to have worked because he showed up this morning, got mad at being ignored, and left. Drywall had a meltdown this morning.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Me three. Replying to a troll makes me feel dirty, -in need of a hot shower.

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I agree the “poll troll” was completely out of control and was permitted to disrupt dozens of threads.

IMHO the HA PTB should have done something about it awhile ago.

Posters got so frustrated and angry they decided to try to do something about it themselves. Perfectly understandable.

However, seems whenever that happens on a site the posters who like having trolls around to play with get upset, and then there is disagreement about who is a troll and who isn’t, and what the definition of trolling is, etc.

When that happens the trolls have won because they have posters who agree on most things at each other’s throats. Which is exactly what the trolls want.

Bottom line, IMHO, is this is caused by a faulire of the PTB to police the site and do something about the most deliberately disruptive trouble-making trolls.

If it continues I bug out and find somewhere else to post.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I understand that, also. That Troll has already been banned at other Conservative sites. There was no reason to allow it to take over this one.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I loved voting for Bennett

LOL

If you think 2012 will be a re-run of 2010 in Colorado, think again. You do realize the state GOP was in utter disarray in 2010 with much lower GOP voter turnout than nationwide? (Dan Maes, Tancredo, etc). Not to mention the fact that Bennett won early voting in 2010 just like Romney is doing now (albeit Romney is winning by a larger margin).

But hey, whatever you have to do to continue living in that liberal bubble of yours.

U2denver on November 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Wow, I am sooo impressed! Thanks for bringing this crucial fact to my attention. That changes everything! I have to change my mind. There is no way Obama loses Colorado tomorrow! /s

Norwegian on November 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Seems to have worked, at least for awhile.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Romney with over 300 EV.

powerpro on November 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM

How long til the obamas play the race card when they lose?

Also, security needs to keep an eye on the art, good silverware, and the other valuables before the one gets evicted in january. He and michellda marcos may pack in their u haul to hawaii along with the rest of their loot.

theflyonthewall on November 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

My predictions for what’s next for obama when he loses

A: spends his days writing autobiographies and golfing.

B: runs for secretary general of the united nations to fulfill his rule the world fantasies more.

C: becomes a tinpot dictator of a african country, or kenya.

theflyonthewall on November 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I’ve seen very, very few bumper stickers or yard signs for Obama, whereas I noticed quite a few more for Obama in the last election.

But, even in this red county, I believe there are fewer Romney-Ryan signs/stickers than I seem to remember for McCain-Palin.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

My predictions for what’s next for obama when he loses

A: spends his days writing autobiographies and golfing.

C: becomes a tinpot dictator of a african country, or kenya.

theflyonthewall on November 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I’ve wondered if he might write a true autobiography, just to stick our noses in it. It would damage the marxist movement, but he doesn’t care about that as much as he cares about himself. A true autobio might sell very well.

slickwillie2001 on November 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

But intellectual honesty ain’t exactly HotAir’s most robust export.

libfreeordie on November 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Said the previously banned DeathToMediaHacks retread sock puppet.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Bamm, that’s it. Every time he talks his condescending talk, let the liar have it.

hawkdriver on November 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM

How long til the obamas play the race card when they lose?

theflyonthewall on November 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

His surrogates have already started that meme.

hawkdriver on November 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I think Romney gets 309 and 52.6%. He wins FL, OH, NC, VA, PA (close, but yes! Thanks to hard hit coal areas & disappointed Obama voters), CO, NH, WI (squeaks it out) & IA. He doesn’t get MN or OR, but comes closer than people ever thought he would. NV goes blue.

They’ll call the race for Romney by 11 pm est.

conservative pilgrim on November 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM

My predictions for what’s next for obama when he loses

A: spends his days writing autobiographies and golfing.

I think he will tour the world giving speeches and spilling his guts about every secret he knows.

I think there is a rule about no one from a country that is a permanent member of the SC can be SG. He would have to denounce his US citizenship and reclaim he British or Indonesian citizenship.

C: becomes a tinpot dictator of a african country, or kenya.

Now you’re talking but does he really have what it takes to be the dictator of a third world crap hole or is he more of a first world kind of guy?

theflyonthewall on November 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Frank Enstine on November 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Carry on with your silly reindeer games.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

…I see you’re an azzhole every day…not just once in a while!

KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM

They’ll call the race for Romney by 11 pm est.

conservative pilgrim on November 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM

That is almost exactly what I’m predicting except I think they may not call it til after midnight. If Romney wins, MSNBC may try to hold off the call for weeks.

talkingpoints on November 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

talkingpoints on November 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Maybe. If Romney wins PA, then they have no choice. Landslide. They’ll look like sore losers. No surprise to us.

There will be a lot of disillusioned African-American and lifelong Democrat voters sitting this one out. I find it very interesting that Stevie Wonder would have to give a free concert tonight in Norfolk, VA–a city that voted 70+% in 2008–to get out the vote.

conservative pilgrim on November 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

My prediction for each state and nationally. Laugh; cry; yell; cheer; just enjoy yourself dissecting it:

State___O/B%____R/R%__O/B EV__R/R EV

Wis.____47%_____51%_____0_______10
Wyo.____25%_____73%_____0_______3
________45%_____53%_____183_____355

State___O/B%____R/R%___O/B EV__R/R EV

NotCoach on November 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I want to apologize for my post to you @1:30PM, which was over the top, as I don’t believe you are a troll. I will admit that happened because I hastily misread your name as “DeathToMediaHacks”, and didn’t stop to think first about how that name had been banned! lol

If I had replied the way I would have if I hadn’t misread your name, I would have called you a misguided troll tolerator and enabler who’s picked the wrong side of the trollcott to be on, and left it at that.

Anti-Control on November 6, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Your handle is an oxymoron.

Oh, that must be the truth if you say so, right Mr. Pompous?

You are in denial of your own dictatorial inclination, which contributes to your obnoxious intolerance.

Carry on with your silly reindeer games.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You crack me up with your uptight, unwarranted, self-superior attitude, which seems to be a common thread amongst the most vocal anti-trollcotters, doesn’t it? :)

Anti-Control on November 6, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Your handle is an oxymoron.

Oh, that must be the truth if you say so, right Mr. Pompous?

Carry on with your silly reindeer games.

AH_C on November 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Anti-Control on November 6, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Oxymoron because you’re out there beating down those who don’t agree with the trollcott. In other words you’re about controlling who others respond to. Same thing with Koolaid.

I’m only uptight in the sense of asking where do you get off telling me or others to not respond to trolls. That simple.

You want to ignore gumby? go right ahead, it’s your right. If I want to respond, I will – because it’s my privilege to opine on these threads until the HA admin says otherwise. And this mindset makes me a dictator? Cognitive dissonance much?

So here I go again:

Reposted from 01 Nov.

So are you are back to GOTV and Early Voting as the bombshell (atomic?) win for Obama, or are you still stuck on the hurricane which isn’t going to affect voting that much in swing states.
It’s all common sense.

Being strongly ahead in early voting in OH, all the battleground state polls being released showing Obama ahead, the good economic/jobs news (with more to come tomorrow), and the RCP national average showing Obama ahead all show Obama has the momentum in the final week. And, yes, the hurricane seems to be the moment that fate intervened on Obama’s behalf. Romney lost his momentum and never got it back and Obama started rising in the national polls. Add in Christie treating Obama like The Messiah, and it’s pretty easy to figure out he’s winning re-election.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I’m so saving this prediction to beat the plasticine Gumby upside the head tomorrow and going forward.

Say… You wouldn’t be a re-juvenated crrr6 would you.

She was pretty bold with a few predictions like “This will never come back to bite me”

AH_C on November 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Hey Gumby, last chance to make your predictions before sundown. LOL

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I can’t take you seriously, as I find you to be a humorless, completely in-denial, projecting and controlling dumb@ss, so I bid you, “Goodbye!”

Anti-Control on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Anti-Control on November 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

In denial of what? Projecting what? Controlling whom? It’s simple. Don’t tell others how to comment. But it’s understandable that you can’t take me seriously, because you can’t accept my desire to engage or refute trolls.

Let me know when you put up your own blog and I’ll avoid it and so spare you the trouble of controlling my comments.

If jerks like you had simply stuck to yelling “trollcott” and left off the verbal abuse, this issue would have died days ago. So who’s humorless? Putz!

AH_C on November 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM