CNN poll: All tied at 49% …

posted at 8:41 am on November 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

It’s all tied up, CNN reports, with just two days left in the presidential race.  Mitt Romney and Barack Obama both get 49%, and tie on every major indicator.  And this might be good news for Barack Obama, until they look at the sample (via Twitchy):

It’s all tied up, according to a new national poll released two days before the presidential election.

And the CNN/ORC International survey not only indicates a dead heat in the race for the White House, but also on almost every major indicator of President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney that was tested in the poll.

Forty-nine percent of likely voters questioned say they support the president, with an equal amount saying they back the former Massachusetts governor.

The poll is the fourth national non-partisan, live operator survey released Sunday to indicate the battle for the presidency either a dead heat or virtually tied. A Politico/George Washington University survey has it tied at 48%; an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll indicates Obama at 48% and Romney at 47%; and the latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll puts Obama at 49% and Romney at 48%.

Only this poll turns out to be bad news for Barack Obama.  Why?  According to CNN’s internals of this likely-voter survey, Obama doesn’t come close to tying Romney in one key indicator — independent voters.  According to the sample data, Romney leads independents by a whopping twenty-two points, 59/37.  How can Romney have a 22-point lead among independents but still only get to a 49-all tie with Obama?

Here’s how:

Among those likely voters, 41% described themselves as Democrats, 29% described themselves as Independents, and 30% described themselves as Republicans.

Yes, that’s a D/R/I of 41/30/29.  In 2008, a big turnout election for Democrats, the D/R/I was 39/32/29, and Obama won independents by eight points. Despite Republicans having a five-point edge in this very poll among those “extremely enthusiastic” about voting, the CNN poll has added four points to the Democrats’ advantage in this sample.

Let’s also take a look at the gender gap.  In 2008, Obama got a +14 in the gender gap, with a +13 among women and a +1 among men.  In this poll, Romney wins men by nine (53/44) and Obama wins women by eight (53/45) for a gender gap advantage of +1 for Romney.

So we are expected to believe that since 2008, (a) Obama has lost thirty points in the gap with independents, (b) Obama has lost fifteen points in the gender gap, and (c) Obama is still just four points below his 2008 share of the electorate?  Only in a world where 41% of the voters will be Democrats and only 30% Republicans, and that world won’t be what we see tomorrow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

In my morning skate through the networks, I noticed on Morning Joe that the D guests were all about the latest polls, whereas Halperin quantified everything with “if the polling model is correct”, seemed he isn’t the most confident. Also, Mike didn’t say two words while I was watching.

Tater Salad on November 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I hunger for those older halcyon days where every morning was start of a new adventure in a future that looks pretty good, if not bright.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I hear ya. I can barely wait til the day when I can wake up in the morning and not have my first thought be, Dear Lord, what kind of crisis, screw-up, scandal, is going to hit us today.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Romney won’t be perfect but he’ll be 1 million times greater than what we have now.

matthew8787 on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

But… 1 million times Zero is still zero…

Math is hard

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Ya know what’s also crazy?

When trolls expect Rasmussen to show Obama in the lead and above 50 on Sunday…

…and Ras only shows them tied…

…and then, the next day, Ras shows Romney back up a point…

…so the trolls resort to screaming bias…

That’s funny. Because it exposes a total lack of confidence.

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

even Rathmussen has it tied

why?

no one wants to be the outlier

they will all say it was voter turnout
some even talking about suppression of the vote

it won’t even be close

vote for someone devisive
or someone who wants to move forward

oh, I forgot about the handout mentality

audiotom on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I wonder what drywall thinks about the Amish vote and its potential to tip the state into Romney’s column.

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Amish girls can be really exciting when they go out for that thing where they dabble in the rest of the world a short time to see if they prefer it to their own culture. What’s it called–Rapunzel or something? ~wry grin~

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Take my bet.

Or are you actually not confident in a Romney win?

Dave Rywall

Why would anyone waste time betting with a known liar?

xblade on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Trolls are allowed to shed their tears here tomorrow after 7pm.

Bring your women.

faraway on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I wonder where Gen McChrystal is on ths? :).. Btw, did they ‘retire’ him or gave him anoter job at the Pentagon?

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

PJ media has the complete list at the link

workingclass artist on November 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Yes! Much better to say, “Thank You, Lord!” with a big bright smile.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

gekkobear on November 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Great post! Yes, this lie that the Republican Party is bleeding support is being used by the entire left-wing blogosphere to justify some of this outrageous polling. And yet they accuse US of being out-of-touch with reality. With every survey showing Republican enthusiasm higher (and every early voting state showing the same), does anybody really think the GOP is going to go from 35% of the electorate in 2010, down to something like 29%?

TarheelBen on November 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Bring your women.

faraway on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

So we can hear their lamentations!

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Tater Salad on November 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

You mean Mika, or Mike Allen from Politico? If it’s the former, well, she never does say anything else, really, she either nods, or shakes her head vigorously…well, except for when her co-host is not there, then she is more louquacious, not to be confused with ‘talks sense’ :though ).

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Tater Salad on November 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Halperin and Scarby were very fair this morning.

Halperin has been sending tom-tom signals for a few weeks now; the Romney crowds are bigger and enthused for Mitt.

He couches it because he gets killed by the progs and Team Barry if he doesn’t.

But, he’s putting it out there. Like Zeleny did on FNSunday.

That’s another thing I find funny.

When people misrepresent Brit Hume’s comments as saying Obama is going to win, when he actually says polling shows two tracks.

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Liam

Rumspringa…WOOOO!

xblade on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Take my bet.

Or are you actually not confident in a Romney win?

Dave Rywall

Why would anyone waste time betting with a known liar?

xblade on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Dave,

People here do not really believe what they’re saying. Or they’re just too invested in being in an echo chamber and can’t bear the thought of not being able to post here.

gumbyandpokey on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

…N O
P O L L
T R O L L…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Rumspringa…WOOOO!

xblade on November 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

That’s it!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM

No-troll zone…

TROLLCOTT!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Yes, bluegill, I’m admitting it, I’ll vote for Mitt Romney and I’ll like it. But – if he lets us down, I’ll hound you until the end of time.
Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

That’s all fine. I never meant it in a seriously rude way to any one person. It was more just out of exasperation from what others were posting at the time. Look, for me it was always about getting rid of Obama. I never bought for a second that all of the candidates could beat him. There were really only a couple that I thought could do it (mitt being one, of course) and I would flip out from time to time when it looked like we were going to throw it all away. One thing that drives me crazy is nominating people who would be a tough sell in the general. Electability ought to be a top concern.

After Romney wins tomorrow, I hope you all take your kids or grandkids or significant others out for pizza and ice cream to celebrate the momentous occasion. Getting rid of Obama is a great thing for the country, and make sure your kids remember the date it happens.

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

The feeling I have reminds me exactly of the day before I voted for the first time in November 1980.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Wasn’t that a glorious day, K.J.? I still remember going into that polling booth and pulling the lever for RR.

Tomorrow we get the chance to do it again — for another RR! Get ‘e done, people, get ‘er done! Oh yes, and..

..TROLLCOTT!

The War Planner on November 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Ok, taking off for the day. We’re almost there, people! Lets make it happen!

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

audiotom on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Absolutely.

You hear it in the language, too.

No one is claiming great enthusiasm for Obama, but that he has a solid strategy.

So the common line is “toss-up”, because if you show more than that, you become a target of the progs.

IMO, the isolating and freezing of Gallup by Team Barry as biased scared the crap out of the media.

People like Anderson Cooper now know between the polling games being played and Benghazi, Team Barry is not a crew you can trust.

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Well, gotta run guys. Have a second interview for a job that will pay me darn near $6,000 LESS than the job I lost and I’m going to have to take it, if they offer it. Thanks zer0, for your booming economy.

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Good luck kcd. I had to do that twice in my life. But you live up to your responsibilites, and for that I salute you.

*salute*

itsspideyman on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I told her the other night that I was laying down my musket, with the caveat that the first time she resorts to the behavior you referred to that I’d pick it up again in a heartbeat, locked and loaded.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

This election is too important to allow Trolls to disrupt this Conservative website.

TROLLCOT!!!

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Loool :)…am sure adrywall can see what you did there and disapproves of that talk :)…he’s probably stalking the Amish girls on Rumspringa, that being his only chance at ‘dating’ :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Breaking: GEN Tommy Franks, GEN Hugh Shelton Among 500 American Warriors to Run Full-Page Ad Endorsing Mitt Romney for President

workingclass artist on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

It’s a little late for that. They should have done this immediately after the Powell — he who likes to unilaterally end wars before the enemy gives up — opened his yap.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

..fair point. But, as the last-gasp polls become incredibly shrill in their amped skewing, the take-away is the incipient Prediction Cascade that’s going on now..Morris (obligatory)..Krauthammer..Rove..Barone..Will..etc.

These are “inside baseball” folks and, in the case of Rove and Barone and Will, they have no reason to predict a landslide. Yet they did!

STOUT SUPPORTER OF THE TROLLCOTT! CONCEPT.

The War Planner on November 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Not me.

bREadBalL ?

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Hang touch, y’all. It’s almost “Morning in America”…again!

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Definitely Worth Repeating!

Wednesday Morning will be our new “Morning in America”

Let’s do this!

and not to forget TROLLCOTT!

D-fusit on November 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

In all these poll numbers, pundit prognostications,etc. noone seems to be pointing out that if the House stays Republican as it is expected to do, then that says that the country is basically agreeing with what the Tea Party inspired Congress elected in 2010 did, which was stop Obama/liberalism. All his whining about how the mess we are in is a result of an obstructionist Congress is worthless. If it were true, then the people of this country would throw the bums out. They are not. He is wrong. He is the problem and the country knows it.

txmomof6 on November 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

ANCHOR: And is Jeep creating more jobs in Ohio or are they sending them to China?

OHIO GOVERNOR KASICH: No. Chrysler has, has — Chrysler is the one automaker that has increased employment.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My view of him and all the other trolls around here:

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

It’s obvious that you knew that 90% of your comments were hogwash – that’s why you had to fake some data.

blink on November 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

..I know it’s tempting, old son, but enforce the TROLLCOTT!

The War Planner on November 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I understand your point completely, but I honestly think that bluegill is making a real effort now. If we had to do the primaries again, I think bluegill would take an improved approach towards arguing for her side.

blink on November 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I would honestly like to believe that, but I can’t quite shake the feeling that it’s simply that Her Guy Won and she’s being what she thinks is Gracious to those she ground down into defeat. It’s kind of hard to erase the nastiness she displayed to anyone not slavishly drooling over Mitt Romney.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Heh. Thanks. I will hold you to it. ;-D

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My view of him and all the other trolls around here:

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:25

:) funny, coz I saw it again on Spike last night :)…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Take my bet.

Or are you actually not confident in a Romney win?

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Why would we want you banned…you daily remind us of how stupid and foolish, how easily led the liberals are…

It is difficult to comprehend how weak minded liberals are, than I read your posts, and I am reminded…no, I don’t want you to leave, you are one person who is of value…you are the deceased culture a biologist uses to compare with a healthy culture.

You are the anomaly, that we compare to normalcy…why take that bet, when you are exactly who we need to keep us focused on why and how we have ended up in this mess…and how easy it is to fool the public.

right2bright on November 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Romney wins – I ban myself for 2 months

Obama wins – you ban yourself for 2 months

Put up or shut up.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I’m that confident. Romney is winning and it’s a landslide.

Tell you what though, as I’m not a prolific poster here, it’s not exactly a fair trade.

Obama wins, I ban myself for 4 months.

Romney wins, your every post until inauguration must include a line explaining how wrong you were about the election.

WIll you take that bet?

makattak on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

o/t From the network that dropped forged Bush docs at the last minute….

Resist We Much on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Another look at Ohio:

Third Base Politics’ view

JenWestin on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Trolls are allowed to shed their tears here tomorrow after 7pm.

Bring your women.

faraway on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Bring your women. – If they are hot looking conservatives…..

redguy on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

bREadBalL ?

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

;-)

Following doctor’s orders, literally. You’ll notice I haven’t been around as much as I usually am, that’s because my blood pressure has gone back up to the danger zone, even with meds. He said if I didn’t back away from the political arguments that he would tell Mr. Duh to remove all devices capable of connecting to the internet from the house.

So if you’re reading this Dr. G., and I know you do, see, I’m being a good girl.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

After closing and consolidating plants in OH back in ’09.

Soooo…

Yeah. Math is hard.

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Tater Salad on November 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Even though their words were upbeat, their mood seemed despondent. It’s as if even THEY know the polls are bogus, when Romney’s winning Independents by double digits and Obama’s still on top…

Grace_is_sufficient on November 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Thumbs up: people who spell it “trollcott
Thumbs down: people who spell it “trollcot”

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Okay, todays Rasmussen Poll, the one that shows Romney up +1%, shows him leading Independents by 15!

I don’t know what the exact breakdown of the sample is, but it has GOT to be at least D+4! Probably also under polling Indies slightly. It’s hard to see how you win I’s by that much and ONLY win by a slim margin!

Well, at least thats yet another poll showing Romney’s regained his advantage among Indies. I think thats the 5th or 6th I’ve come across in the past 48 hours. The advantage seems to range anywhere from +8 to +24. The more recent polls seem to show a bigger advantage among Independents, which suggests they’ve broken to Romney heavily. The only recent poll I’ve seen that show Romney NOT kicking butt among indies, is the ABC/Washington Post tracking poll. However I “think” thats a five day poll, so they’d still have all the Sandy days factored in.

WolvenOne on November 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

blink on November 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

NO POLL TROLL PLEASE…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Paul Ryan’s crowds are 3 times the size of Obama’s crowds. Romney’s crowds are 10 times the size of Obama’s crowds.

eyedoc on November 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Really?

Really?

Let’s see…Obama drew 24,000 the other night in VA, so that would mean Romney drew a crowd of 240,000. That’s a nice accomplishment!

And when did Paul Ryan draw a crowd of 72,000? I must have missed that.

This is the most unrealistic, fantasy-prone crowd on the internet.

gumbyandpokey on November 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM

What’s this, troll-turd is actually concerned about facts after all?

HiJack on November 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

The odds appear to be stacking up against Mitt Romney winning the 2012 presidential election on Tuesday. Among political journalists, campaign reporters and most pollsters, there’s a solidifying conventional wisdom that President Barack Obama is about to be re-elected.

The blurb under the headline

“How Mitt can STILL win the election: Romney camp reveals the states they must steal from Obama to snatch victory”

lead story from Daily Mail….

equanimous on November 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

The day will be filled with faux “polls” by the MSM, showing either a tie or Obama ahead. Of course when you look at the internals, it will be a D+ (insert ridiculous number here).

GarandFan on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Looks like Larry Sabato is a bright guy.

He predicts an Obama victory because of…..

THE HURRICANE, lol!

I TOLD YOU SO

Do not doubt my political wisdom.

gumbyandpokey on November 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

What’s this, troll-turd is actually concerned about facts after all?

HiJack on November 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Of course not! Since many of us are doing the trollcott and sticking to it, he’s out of people with whom to argue and so now is trying to make ‘friends’. Who he’ll knife in the back later if he makes any.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Here’s hoping your take on these polls is correct – 4 more years of Obama would be hell! My guess is that a Romney win would bring an almost immediate spike in business activity, an Obama win would bring an almost immediate drop as they circle the wagons and prepare for the worst.

I did my duty in early voting last week – Nobama 2012!

rockncoal on November 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Here is my prediction:

Swing States:

Romney: Florida, North Carolina, Virgina, Colorado, Ohio, New Hampshire

Obama: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nevada

Result:

Romney 279 Electoral Votes

Obama 259 Electoral Votes

Dollayo on November 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Dollayo on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

GAZE

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

What is the trollcot thing?

changer1701 on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

It’s the intellectually insecure sticking their little fingers in their ears and screaming “I can’t hear you! I can’t hear you! TROLLCOTT! TROLLCOTT!”

Foxhound on November 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

basic question

who would you rather be right now?

Obama or Romney?

they both know the numbers

they both have their reasons for running our country

having the media in the tank for you
or having the people behind you?

audiotom on November 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

After closing and consolidating plants in OH back in ’09.

Soooo…

Yeah. Math is hard.

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM
——-

It means jobs are coming back.

Yeah, math is hard.

For spiteful partisan f*cking morons.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Wow, #1 Troll is freaking out!

Mitsouko on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Dollayo on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Only thing I have different is IA for R/R 285, but good analysis.

Turtle317 on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Michael Barone is a really smart political guy, he has Romney winning big as he did Obama in 08

Trollcott

Conservative4ev on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

eyedoc on November 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
——

Romney drew 240,000 people to eyedoc’s ass, where his head is.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Trollcott!!!Every last one of them.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Enjoy the Troll meltdown.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

GAZE

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I applaud your fervor in bringing up the old days, but this ain’t LGF…yet.

GAZE, trollcott, whatever floats a person’s boat. As long as it keeps working.

They have been reduced to playing with each other, and low information folks.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Wow, I sense desperation, anger, and pouting, all on one page. Guess its working.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

GAZE

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Trollcott

Conservative4ev on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

He made that prediction before the hurricane bounce had really become evident and I bet he would like to walk that back a bit.

gumbyandpokey on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Trolls don’t make friends, not even with other trolls. It’s part of their nature which drives others away from them. That’s why they live in basements…

HiJack on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Did you see where Sabato has lost his mind?

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

TrollCott

Conservative4ev on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

What is the trollcot thing?

changer1701 on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

See the reply made to you at 10:49.

They are freaking out.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

GAZE

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Notice the switch in tactics–trying to cheese us off by acting superior, high-and-mighty. *LOL*

Anything for a response, I guess.

He’s such a douche his fave drink has to be a shot Massengil with a vinegar-and-water chaser.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I’m having CHICK-FIL-A for dinner tomorrow night.

stenwin77 on November 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Trolls will be frothing at the mouth by tonight.

So sad.

Not really.

Mitsouko on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Rush should be epic today.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I’m having CHICK-FIL-A for dinner tomorrow night.

stenwin77 on November 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

They need to sell their chicken nuggets in family size buckets.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

HiJack on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

He’s into every thread now, saying, “I told you so.”

He alone is the reason for our trollcott. He ruined things around here for other, better liberals.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Anything for a response, I guess.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Posting whatever bait it takes to get a reply is practically the definition of trolling.

farsighted on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Yes, but I always take what Sabato says with a grain of salt, same as I do for Rove.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I’m finding it quite amusing.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The Trolls seem to be as petulant as their President.

TROLLCOTT!

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Question: Why don’t gay people eat at Chick-Fil-A?

Answer: Because they’re not into chicks.

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I see you’ve posted several times since I’ve called you out on your bet.

I’ll post again, just in case you missed it.

I’m that confident. Romney is winning and it’s a landslide.

Obama wins, I ban myself for 4 months.

WIll you take that bet?

makattak on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Who’s confident now?

makattak on November 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

There’s a difference. Oprah is actually pleasant and some people like her.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

oh please no no no….

Compared to Oprah Winfrey, the queen of chat show hosts, TV executives believe the First Lady would be a natural to become a talk show host.

equanimous on November 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Why? Her friendly and outgoing demeanor? /sarc

Night Owl on November 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Why? Her friendly and outgoing demeanor? /sarc

Night Owl on November 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Why, yes!

The same way there was a warm and witty side to Heinrich Himmler.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I applaud your fervor in bringing up the old days, but this ain’t LGF…yet.

GAZE, trollcott, whatever floats a person’s boat. As long as it keeps working.

They have been reduced to playing with each other, and low information folks.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I say we HotAirians should try to use “trollcott” instead of “GAZE”, not just because it’s our own term but because the less connections a person can have to LGF, the better that person’s life will be! :)

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Only thing I have different is IA for R/R 285, but good analysis.

Turtle317 on November 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Thank you. Unless Romney can take Pennsylvania or Michigan away from Obama, which I doubt, I think that Ohio is the state to win. Ohio’s first Presidental election was in 1804 shortly after it became a state and it helped elect Thomas Jefferson. In it’s history Ohio has only been on the losing side 9 times and the winning side 43 times. Ohio hasn’t been on the losing side of a Presidental election since 1960 when it went for Nixon and Kennedy won. Before that it was 1944 when Ohio went with Dewey and Roosevelt won. But Ohio is a swing state, in the last 12 Presidental elections Ohio has gone Republican 7 times and Democrat 5 times and was on the winning side every time. I don’t think that this year will be any different.

Dollayo on November 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

How are liberals like Christmas lights?

They all hang together, half of them don’t work, and the ones that do aren’t very bright.

Trollcott!

ConDem on November 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Sounds like the trolls are in “revenge mode”, just like POTUS…

TROLLCOTT!!

Khun Joe on November 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

It means jobs are coming back.

Yeah, math is hard.

For spiteful partisan f*cking morons.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

No, they’re not.

In fact, that’s the exact wrong phrase to use.

These plants were closed, sold, and destroyed. Just last year.

They consolidated work around Toledo and are beginning to expand on that.

While adding work overseas for foreign markets.

So it’s still a net loss of jobs.

All of this is the exact opposite of what Obama promised OH politicians and unions with the sale to Fiat.

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Saw the writing on the wall when CJ, KT, and a couple blew up over PG and RS over Israel and Jihadis. Then the purges started. There is still the good memories about taking down Dan Rather. And Zombie moved over to PJmedia. Other than that, there isn’t much left to remember.

cozmo on November 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Enjoy the Troll meltdown.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The Mittbot Meltdown is in progress. Pass the popcorn.

Foxhound on November 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM