CNN poll: All tied at 49% …

posted at 8:41 am on November 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

It’s all tied up, CNN reports, with just two days left in the presidential race.  Mitt Romney and Barack Obama both get 49%, and tie on every major indicator.  And this might be good news for Barack Obama, until they look at the sample (via Twitchy):

It’s all tied up, according to a new national poll released two days before the presidential election.

And the CNN/ORC International survey not only indicates a dead heat in the race for the White House, but also on almost every major indicator of President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney that was tested in the poll.

Forty-nine percent of likely voters questioned say they support the president, with an equal amount saying they back the former Massachusetts governor.

The poll is the fourth national non-partisan, live operator survey released Sunday to indicate the battle for the presidency either a dead heat or virtually tied. A Politico/George Washington University survey has it tied at 48%; an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll indicates Obama at 48% and Romney at 47%; and the latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll puts Obama at 49% and Romney at 48%.

Only this poll turns out to be bad news for Barack Obama.  Why?  According to CNN’s internals of this likely-voter survey, Obama doesn’t come close to tying Romney in one key indicator — independent voters.  According to the sample data, Romney leads independents by a whopping twenty-two points, 59/37.  How can Romney have a 22-point lead among independents but still only get to a 49-all tie with Obama?

Here’s how:

Among those likely voters, 41% described themselves as Democrats, 29% described themselves as Independents, and 30% described themselves as Republicans.

Yes, that’s a D/R/I of 41/30/29.  In 2008, a big turnout election for Democrats, the D/R/I was 39/32/29, and Obama won independents by eight points. Despite Republicans having a five-point edge in this very poll among those “extremely enthusiastic” about voting, the CNN poll has added four points to the Democrats’ advantage in this sample.

Let’s also take a look at the gender gap.  In 2008, Obama got a +14 in the gender gap, with a +13 among women and a +1 among men.  In this poll, Romney wins men by nine (53/44) and Obama wins women by eight (53/45) for a gender gap advantage of +1 for Romney.

So we are expected to believe that since 2008, (a) Obama has lost thirty points in the gap with independents, (b) Obama has lost fifteen points in the gender gap, and (c) Obama is still just four points below his 2008 share of the electorate?  Only in a world where 41% of the voters will be Democrats and only 30% Republicans, and that world won’t be what we see tomorrow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I was going to ask if a certain troll made it through the night but before I could ask I saw it’s dropings, Oh well.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I saw people at the end of the likability thread referring to it in past tense, I thought it had been banned!

neuquenguy on November 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

fOR tHE mOST pART, yES.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

ITs tHE aMiSH.

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I want to see Chris Matthews fired live, on camera. Then dragged off stage gibbering and drooling in a straight jacket.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I would PAY to see that!!

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

He won’t accept your bet.

They don’t even believe the nonsense that they post. It’s just to boost morale as the titanic is approaching the iceberg. This place is filled with cowards.

gumbyandpokey on November 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM
——

I followed through when I lost a ban bet a few years ago.

His no-balls answer is so unsurprising:
—-
Or, you could ban yourself from all things American, and I’ll ban myself from all things Canadian.

Canadian Club 30 is more important to me than Hot Air.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM
—-

Awww, is little boy not so confident about Romney? Awwwww.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Oh my this thread is making me laugh laugh laugh

gophergirl on November 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Romney wins – I ban myself for 2 months
. . .

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Please ban yourself at any time, for as long as you wish.

Dextrous on November 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM
——

Take my bet.

Or are you actually not confident in a Romney win?

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

ITs tHE aMiSH.

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

iTS aLWAYS tHE aMISH, tHEY’RE lIKE tHE cRIPS oF tHE lUDDITE wORLD.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

It’s funny…. but I feel like a kid again on Christmas Eve…and expect tomorrow to be sooo exciting. I’ve been waiting four long years for this and it’s finally here! I have faith that there is enough of the electorate that has been smacked with the realities of the Obama White House…and that we will prevail.

lynncgb on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I would PAY to see that!!

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

So would I. And I’d pay your way for it, too!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

THIS needs to be read by all Mitt supporters! We conservatives will very much be watching Mitt’s performance. And I still hold true to what I said in the primaries… if he drifts to a liberal stance, and does not repeal Obamacare, I will do my damndest to see that he doesn’t hold office in 2016, whether that means a primary challenger or third party!

dominigan on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

2008: Which presidential polls were most accurate?

1T. Rasmussen

/trollcot

mudskipper on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Looks like Rasmussen and PEW were the most accurate pollsters in 2008,

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Awww, is little boy not so confident about Romney? Awwwww.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

See, Dave. What I did, in Poker vernacular, is called a ‘raise.’ I offered to offer higher stakes than you.

What you just did is known as ‘folding’.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

What is the trollcot thing?

I can’t wait to vote.

gophergirl on November 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Did you go to the Ryan rally yesterday? We’re counting on you to deliver MN, you know…

changer1701 on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

How possible is it we are so terribly wrong about the oversampling?

I’m not sure what would disappoint (or horrify) me more come Wednesday morning: another four years of an Obama Presidency or looking at an electorate that is D+11…

GadsdenRattlers on November 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I don’t know, but I’ve looked in on a few so-called progressive websites. They all feel that the Democrats will easily EXCEED their 2008 turnout . . . and they all worship at the altar of Nate Silver. I guess they really feel this president can work miracles, even though he’s essentially been electoral poison for the Democrat party since 2009. But of course, THEY refer to THEMSELVES as the reality-based community.

TarheelBen on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

don’t think we’re not going to watch him closely as his presidency unfolds. Especially as it concerns Obamacare.

Some of us had to be brought kicking and screaming into this place. Be grateful we’re here, and don’t rub our noses in it.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Thanks for being here and I think you will be pleasantly suprised about Romney.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I thought Axelrod was against outsourcing?

neuquenguy on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

lOLz.

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

The one who triggered our trollcott–he who harmed other liberals by being such a douche–will never leave. He’ll remain to needle all the time at every breath a President Romney takes.

That troll is like a dog fed so long at the supper table he has made himself a nuisance, and so now needs to be put out in the yard.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I’ve saved his comment from where he said he’d leave if the boy king loses. He repeated it the other night, which I’ve also saved. Are you insinuating that he can’t be trusted to follow through on that vow?

I’m shocked!

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Why would you want him fired? I want him forced to report on the Romney victory celebrations, Romney inauguration, Romney inauguration parties, repeal of Obamacare, etc.

aunursa on November 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

2006 and 2008 showed what happens if you don’t govern like a conservative. Mitt won’t make that mistake. He wants a second term.

The media has been confounded by the tea party thinking it was borne of Obama hatred. Not so, it was actually a reaction to Bush’s liberal spending etc and anger at republicans in congress. The MSM will never understand this. But Mitt does and he will govern with that in mind.

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

What you just did is known as ‘folding’.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM
—–

Your stakes are stupid.

This is the bet

2 month ban for you if Obama wins
2 month ban for me if Romney wins

Are you in or are you scared

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

BTW, I expect lots of fake exit polls coming out in the afternoon showing Obama way ahead, like we saw in 2004. Don’t beleive them.

eyedoc on November 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I still remember 2000 where they called Florida for Gore when the polls were still open in the conservative Florida panhandle, surely depressing the vote there. Why vote if the race is over?

Paul-Cincy on November 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Well folks, have at it. Why is #3 not correct?

PackerBronco on November 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Based on you hypothesis, why then is the Indie # in the poll the same as it was in 2008? The poll shows -3 Dems, +2 Repubs and -+0 Indies from 2008. If many Repubs moved to Indie (like I did) then why shouldn’t the survey show a sample of increased Indies?

I’m convinced from what I hear across America that this 2012 election will be NOTHING like 2008 but fairly similar to 2010.

katablog.com on November 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Tomorrow we go back to being a racist nation folks. It’s the pre-racial election.

Slade73 on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Right now Obama’s smothering the tv with Colon Powell and his B.S.

dominigan on November 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

They keep running that ad here in Virginia too. The most annoying part is that they identify Powell as a Republican. Just how long does he get to call himself part of the GOP after twice now endorsing the rat-eared wonder? And, of course, lying his ass off about what Obama has accomplished the past four years.

In the meantime, nearly 500 former generals and admirals (lots of whom I respect far more than Powell) are endorsing Romney today.

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

fOR tHE mOST pART, yES.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

cAP lOCKS aLLERT :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I’m shocked!

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

No, he can’t be trusted. He has too much stake in the whole thing. I mean, we’re passionate in our politics. But he’s a fetishist.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

LANDSLIDE

faraway on November 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

In 2008, CNN was 8th out of 23 polling organizations for accuracy.

Top 5:
Rasmussen (11/1-3)
Pew (10/29-11/1)
YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)

crash72 on November 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM

You can throw out anything regarding 2008. McCain was a loser and everyone knew it. The apple (watermelon? pumpkin?) doesn’t fall far from the tree. The media and their cronies didn’t have to go out of their way to tilt it towards O.

CNN could crack the top 10 this year for accuracy this year as well because it’s not going to be a case of who was most accurate, it’s going to be who was least inaccurate.

SittingDeadRed on November 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

0 will win no more than 18 states, 45% at best.

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

getting gumme‘d again?…
…T R O L L C O T T…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Slade73 on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Lol. I’m looking forward to the endless “is America ungovernable” stories following the Romney landslide.

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

aunursa on November 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

What would be more fun is someone interviewing him, to get his ‘take’ on a Romney win.

I think he’d be so incoherent he could say “D’oh!” the same way twice in a row.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

So would I. And I’d pay your way for it, too!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Why, thank you Liam! That is very sweet of you :) I’ll buy the beer!

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

lynncgb on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Christmas Eve, a snow day, and the last day of school all rolled into one!

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Of course you’d ban yourself. What kinda troll would some back after a Romney win just to have salt rubbed in his wounds!

katablog.com on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Slade73 on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I really want to see how the media explain how so many Americans became racists over the last four years.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

getting gumme‘d again?…
…T R O L L C O T T…!!!
KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Not really. He’s gumming himself (eww, I know).

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Why, thank you Liam! That is very sweet of you :) I’ll buy the beer!

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I don’t drink beer. But I got a bottle of Chivas Royal Salute for us to share.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Silver analyzed 105 poll….

Why don’t you go talk to Senator Sharron Angle (Nate gave her an 83.4% chance of beating Harry Reid) about how “washed up Derek Jeter is”?

Hey, Remember When The Statistics Swami, Nate Silver, Predicted That Derek Jeter Was All Washed Up?

M2RB: Billy Joel

After you, Nate Silver and Senator Angle bury Derek Jeter, come back to Hot Air, but not before then, Drywall.

Resist We Much on November 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I’m out in REDREDRED Western Va., but I’m so EXCITED! Come on Ohio! Put ‘im away for us!

graywaiter on November 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Not really. He’s gumming himself (eww, I know).

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

You now owe me a new bottle of brain bleach…

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

And yet as recently as 2010 Silver rated Rasmussen higher than, say, the NYT poll.

Rasmussen hasn’t changed methodologies. But Silver changed revenue streams….

Nate Silver has all the predictive acumen of a drunk Poli Sci professor who sucks at math.

JohnTant on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

And that so many blacks that voted for obambi in 2008 have become racist themselves by voting for Romney in 2012.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Let’s make it a real bet.

If any HotGas commenter who takes the bet loses, they have to wear an “NRA” shirt to a Brady convention.

If Drywall loses he has to get his tramp stamp tattoo removed.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

oR ShOUlD tHAt ReaD?

0 wILl Win nO mORe ThEn 18 sTaTEs, 45% tOpS.

Bmore on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

. The poll is still good but Republican identity has been steadily leaking into independents as conservative tea partiers no longer think of themselves as Republicans.

Well folks, have at it. Why is #3 not correct?

PackerBronco on November 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Gallup, Rasmussen and Pew all show that it’s actually the Democrat party that has been steadily losing numbers since 2008. The D/R/I for the 2010 midterms was 35/35/30. Gallup and Rasmussen currently show the Republican Party with a slight edge in party affiliation.

TarheelBen on November 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

He and the gumball will be back in the institution until they get their meds adjusted correctly.

katablog.com on November 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Flora Duh, ICYMI Allen West was on Fox first thing this morning talking about the problems with absentee ballots etc…

I hope I’m wrong but I fear there will be challenges coming.

jffree1 on November 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I posted this in the other thread to flora duh, but I think it applies here as well. The trollcott thing is silly

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

…well…at one time…you could have been a major candidate.
We have to see all the brain tissue that will be on the ceilings and walls tomorrow…but we don’t have to see or pay attention to one that just wants to pooh and leave piles everywhere …and not bring any toilet paper!

KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That’s cheap and easy: We have been closet racists all along, only voting for Obama in 2008 to make ourselves ‘look good in the eyes of the world’.

Or some other kind of bullsh*t slander.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Let’s make it a real bet.

If Drywall loses he has to get his tramp stamp tattoo removed.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

You are brutal! That tramp stamp DEFINES him! I’m going on a Bishcott!

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

aunursa on November 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

With all due respect Aunursa, do you really think that will happen? He will ignore it, like they ALL have ignored the Bengazi fiasco or most likely rail about voter fraud and how we stole the election.
That said, I would LOVE to see that liberal wooden head explode all over the place!

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Please don’t ban yourself. In fact, please comment more on here. You are excellent at making liberal arguments look weak and feeble.
But me thinks that you are simply looking for a way to avoid explaining why you were so wrong about the election.
blink on November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

It is clever comments like this one that I would miss if everyone started ignoring the so-called “trolls.” Seriously, some of you guys are able to produce some great comebacks that make this site a lot of fun to read.

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Let’s make it a real bet.

If Drywall loses he has to get his tramp stamp tattoo removed.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

oUCH :)… If I were drywall, I wouldn’t take that bet :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

RCP average today has Obama wining VA. I am not aware of anything that would have turned the tie towards Obama. I am skeptical of the polls, but they sure are not too encouraging today. Just need to keep working at getting out the vote. Please everyone make sure they contact at least a few people today

neuquenguy on November 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I like RCP in general but their poll tracking is less than useless. Unless they take every poll and weight it to the same sample then it is meaningless. It is not an ‘average’. It is a set of completely unrelated data points thrown together.

That CNN D+11 is part of their ‘average’. GIGO.

SittingDeadRed on November 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Let’s make it a real bet.

If Drywall loses he has to get his tramp stamp tattoo removed.

Bishop on November 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

…I’m in!

KOOLAID2 on November 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM

From PPP:

Fox is the most trusted TV news source for 34% of voters, followed by PBS at 17%, CNN at 12%, ABC News at 11%, CBS News at 8%, MSNBC at 5%, and Comedy Central and NBC each at 4%.

Here

socalcon on November 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Interesting. I remember BOR lauding one of these surveys about a year or two ago. Fox had a plurality, but it was lower–say, 23%-25%. And the three majors were higher. Good for FNC; the gap between them and the others is widening.

BuckeyeSam on November 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

This.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Thanks for being here and I think you will be pleasantly suprised about Romney.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Thank you. Trust me, I want to be pleasantly surprised by Mitt. I hope he governs so well, he wins another term, and then Ryan after him. I would love to live the next sixteen years of my life without the fear of my government hanging over my shoulder. Especially as my spouse and I are getting very close to retirement.

I lived under the Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton presidencies, and they were nothing even remotely like the nightmare these last four years have been. Even with the threat of the cold war–that was a fear that came from without; this has been a fear of that which could come from within my own country. God willing, it will be over this Tuesday.

Obama has to go. Mitt Romney is the means to that goal. That’s as simple as it all gets.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I don’t drink beer. But I got a bottle of Chivas Royal Salute for us to share.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Uhmm… That’ll do ;)

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

My, what a change! I really want to thank all the conservatives and Tea Party people who were swearing they would never vote for Mitt and are now actively campaigning to have him elected. I hope this election will serve as a reminder that we don’t need to nominate a hard ass conservative to unite the GOP and win the White House!

Durandal on November 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I’m one of those who did not think I could vote for him.

I’m not “enthusiastic” now, but I am voting for him. (I still don’t trust him.) My foreign policy position on Egypy and Libya is actually what made me decide to go with him. We never should have supported the ouster of Mubarrak and Ghadaffi. They are both terrible, evil men but what comes after them is likely to be worse and we should reward leaders who say the right things and generally play nice with the United States in order to encourage other evil men to do the same. Thus, even though I don’t believe Romney is sincere, he is saying the right things and should be rewarded for that.

If he stabs us in the back, though, I will be through with RINOs. (Just as we should do with foreign leaders who stop playing nice.)

makattak on November 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Oh, make sure that you bring Senator Ken Buck with you, too.

Resist We Much on November 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Even the Lefties are getting nervous, all the while telling us Obama will “probably” win. On MSNBC this morning the discussion of who’s turnout model is correct was a caveat to their analysis.

Tater Salad on November 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I hope I’m wrong but I fear there will be challenges coming.

jffree1 on November 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Count on it. This is Florida after all. The Dems have tried putting roadblock after roadblock in the way of a fair election down here.

I read somewhere this morning that Romney is up by 6 down here. All we can do is hope for a blowout so large that it won’t be able to be challenged.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM

TROLLCOTT!!!!

From Kipling, in honor of Trollcott,

“The Road Song of the Bandar-Log”

Kipling wrote it in the Jungle Book to note the rise of Communism. His books were the teaching instruments of the British to their children for many years, and was a motivational book for the Cub Scouts. The Bandar-Log were the monkees, and their most important goal was to be noticed by the inhabitants in the jungle. The animals ignored them, because all they did was jabber about their greatness without actually doing anything. I find it’s amazing to hear how his words reach us here in 2012.

Here we go in a flung festoon,
Half-way up to the jealous moon!
Don’t you envy our pranceful bands?
Don’t you wish you had extra hands?
Wouldn’t you like if your tails were–so–
Curved in the shape of a Cupid’s bow?
Now you’re angry, but–never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!

Here we sit in a branchy row,
Thinking of beautiful things we know;
Dreaming of deeds that we mean to do,
All complete, in a minute or two–
Something noble and wise and good,
Done by merely wishing we could.
We’ve forgotten, but–never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!

All the talk we ever have heard
Uttered by bat or beast or bird–
Hide or fin or scale or feather–
Jabber it quickly and all together!
Excellent! Wonderful! Once again!

Now we are talking just like men!
Let’s pretend we are … never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!
This is the way of the Monkey-kind.

Then join our leaping lines that scumfish through the pines,
That rocket by where, light and high, the wild grape swings.
By the rubbish in our wake, and the noble noise we make,
Be sure, be sure, we’re going to do some splendid things!

itsspideyman on November 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Exactly.

I will say this though: The Romney campaign has changed my vote in one subtle but extremely important way.

When the Republican primary ended, I knew I was voting against Obama. Now, I’m voting for Romney.

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I get ya. I think the country is “tired of being tired” as Romney said yesterday. I look forward to a brighter future starting Wednesday.

VegasRick on November 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

From PPP:

Here

socalcon on November 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

We now agree with PPP?

bayview on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

dominigan on November 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Me too. But let’s get him in office first.

Sterling Holobyte on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Full page ad…and they paid for it themselves…

Breaking: GEN Tommy Franks, GEN Hugh Shelton Among 500 American Warriors to Run Full-Page Ad Endorsing Mitt Romney for President

We need the WH the Senate & to hold the house.

Romney/Ryan in a landslide…1980

workingclass artist on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Being all familiar with things American Dave, how do you think Hopewell will go this time. How about Madisonville, Kentucky? Do you think Pungo will go for Obama this time?

Oldnuke on November 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM
———-

I don’t know. Tell me the facts and I’ll evaluate them.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

*whoosh*

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Full page ad…and they paid for it themselves…

We need the WH the Senate & to hold the house.

Romney/Ryan in a landslide…1980

workingclass artist on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I wonder where Gen McChrystal is on ths? :).. Btw, did they ‘retire’ him or gave him anoter job at the Pentagon?

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Oldnuke on November 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM
———-

I don’t know. Tell me the facts and I’ll evaluate them.

Dave Rywall on November 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

*whoosh*

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

lOOOOL :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

SittingDeadRed on November 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

You forgot to mention that Owe voters have now experienced 4 years of joblessness.

katablog.com on November 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

In the spirit of Donald Rumsfeld, here are the things we know in Ohio:

1) There are fewer D’s who have voted early in ’12 than ’08.
2) There are more R’s who have voted early in ’12 than ’08.
3) The above numbers do not reflect the models in most of the MSM polls as they all were using ’08 turnout models.

Tater Salad on November 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Washington Nearsider on November 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Me too.

Yes, bluegill, I’m admitting it, I’ll vote for Mitt Romney and I’ll like it. But – if he lets us down, I’ll hound you until the end of time.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

workingclass artist on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Billy Graham put this in the Ohio Columbus-Dispatch on Sunday:

It’s as close to an endorsement of Romney as he felt comfortable giving.

I’m encouraged by the number of newspapers that have endorsed Romney, this time, as well. That makes a difference with the older set who still get their news that way.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Turnout is going to be higher than most people believe, particularly among Romney voters, so plan accordingly and vote during slower times tomorrow – early am, mid-morning, lunch break, mid-afternoon.

DO NOT wait until after work unless absolutely necessary.

We affirmed one other item from a week ago: the MSM was going to have a conniption fit of trying to drag Obama over the finish line and play every dirty card from the bottom of the deck.

matthew8787 on November 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

TROLLCOTT!!!!!!!!!!

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

FLASH: Faraway News Network is declaring Romney the winner

faraway on November 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

This moment in time reminds me of 1980, when I was a newlywed. Me and my bride saw food prices rise literally twice a week. Then along came Reagan, and we and our children started to prosper like we wanted.

Romney is no Ronald Reagan, to be sure. But at my age now, I hunger for those older halcyon days where every morning was start of a new adventure in a future that looks pretty good, if not bright.

Obama and the Democrats have given me nothing like that. If they can’t and/or won’t do it, I don’t want them.

Romney/Ryan, and TROLLCOTT!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I’d be tempted to join you, for bluegill’s disgusting treatment of SP alone. bluegill was one of the reasons I did NOT want to vote for Mitt Romney, nor want him to win the primary. That is the kind of supporter you DON’T want on your side. Sarah had a few like that, too, sadly.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Well, gotta run guys. Have a second interview for a job that will pay me darn near $6,000 LESS than the job I lost and I’m going to have to take it, if they offer it. Thanks zer0, for your booming economy.

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Ya know what’s awesome.

When people talk about crowd size.

And don’t bother to mention how barry has shown up with

Dave Matthews in VA

Stevie Wonder in Cincy

and f’in Pitbull in Miami

Yeah. That’s very comparable to Romney/Ryan rallies…

budfox on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Romney won’t be perfect but he’ll be 1 million times greater than what we have now.

Look at it this way: Romney will be terrified of a potentially fatal primary challenge from the Right in 2016. He is not stupid. He will tend to the base, particularly with dismantling and defunding Obamacare; strong military; fiscal sanity; and conservative appointees to the federal bench.

matthew8787 on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

TROLLCOTT!!!!!!!!!!

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

..INDEED!

The War Planner on November 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I wonder what drywall thinks about the Amish vote and its potential to tip the state into Romney’s column.

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Early voting DOUBLE 2008 in Allen County (Fort Wayne) Indiana

Lord of the Wings on November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That makes me feel much better! Sorry… that was my one eeyore-ish moment of the day. I will try to maintain altitude from here on.

jffree1 on November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I wonder where Gen McChrystal is on ths? :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

McChrystal is not one of the signees, but Lieutenant General Fred “Assassin” McCorkle, (USMC-ret) is.

And Gen. Henry Shelton was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under BJ from October 1, 1997 to October 1, 2001.

bayview on November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

..best of luck to you! Remember: tough times don’t last; tough people do!

The War Planner on November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Sending prayers and good luck. It is a travesty what is happening to productive people in this nation due to this vile, ignorant, and low class street thug sitting in the Oval Office.

matthew8787 on November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Romney/Ryan….Landslide

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) predicted Monday that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would carry the state of Pennsylvania, pushing back against Obama campaign adviser David Plouffe’s suggestion that GOP efforts in the state were a “desperate ploy” to find an alternative path to 270 electoral votes.

But Toomey noted that in 2010, Republicans swept statewide offices in Pennsylvania, and predicted a similar electorate for Tuesday’s presidential vote.

“I’ve got to tell you the intensity and energy is absolutely electric,” Toomey said. “That rally last night, almost 40,000 people…that was just terrific. That’s the way it’s been across the commonwealth.”

workingclass artist on November 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

kcd on November 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I wish you well. Perhaps, if we prevail on Tuesday, your new company will do better and give you a raise, bringing you up to your previous level of income. Or perhaps you will find an even better job. Nonetheless, I hope you succeed today.

theotherone on November 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM