Quotes of the day

posted at 9:01 pm on November 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job. We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship.

The hopes of those days went unfulfilled…

The presidential imperative of the times is to energize the economy and get deficits under control to empower the working and middle classes to again enjoy the fruits of an ascendant America.

So The News is compelled to stand with Romney.

***

Obama is the president. The buck stops with him. This is now Obama’s economy, even though the GOP shares in the blame for partisan games.

It was Obama and his fellow Democrats who went it alone on health care, making subsequent deals even harder to find. It was Obama who too often let Congress steer the ship in circles. It still is Obama who hasn’t laid out a clear vision for the next four years.

We endorsed Obama for change last time around. Now we’re endorsing change again: Mitt Romney.

***

Last week, I noticed this blog comment: “Romney was not my first, second, or third choice, but I will crawl over ground glass to vote for him.”

A lot of Republicans — and, judging from polls, a lot of independents — feel this way. If there are enough of them, Romney will win, and win big.

Are there? Well, there are some signs. I’ve written here before that politics is all about showing up. And in recent months, people on the Right have been doing a lot of showing up. They’ve showed up at Romney-Ryan events in unprecedented numbers. They made Dinesh D’Souza’s “2016: Obama’s America” a huge hit despite a virtual blackout from traditional media. They stood in line for hours at Chick-fil-A restaurants to buy chicken sandwiches in response to politicians’ bullying. They packed houses at the “Hating Breitbart” premiere.

Will they now pack the voting booths and vote for Romney, and against Obama, in similarly unprecedented numbers? If they do, Romney will win in a landslide.

***

The 76-year-old retiree was a Hillary Clinton supporter in 2008, but volunteered for Barack Obama when he became the nominee. He’s been doing the same for the Democratic president’s campaign since March, door-knocking and phone-banking throughout Ohio, repeating shifts from the late morning until the evening, when it’s too dark to see outside.

Can the Democrat put his finger on the difference in energy in 2012?

“It’s hard to quantify, but there is significantly less enthusiasm,” said Roan. “I think there’s sort of grim determination on the part of some people, more than enthusiasm. … And it shows up in our volunteers. … We don’t have the number of young people volunteering like we did last time.”

***

Already our government redistributes too much from the young to the old, from working families to retirees, from productive entrepreneurs to protected clients. To accede to this government’s permanent expansion is to walk, with eyes wide open, into the kind of economic and demographic trap that has ensnared the weaker economies of Europe today.

President Obama did not single-handedly put us on this path. But he has kept us on it, accelerated our progress down it, and campaigned for re-election as though taking this course had no downsides whatsoever. He’s the candidate of the Medicare status quo in a country facing an entitlement crunch, of government bailouts in an economy with a crony capitalism problem, and of contraceptive mandates in a society with a birth dearth.

For an incumbent president facing a mistrusted opposition party, this may prove a formula for a narrow electoral victory. But for the country that might vote to re-elect him, it risks four more years of drift, stagnation and decline.

***

I don’t know whether Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan can fix things, but I do know that Barack Obama and Joe Biden won’t even try — and that therefore a vote for Obama is a vote for the certainty of national collapse. Look at Lower Manhattan in the dark, and try to imagine what America might look like after the rest of the planet decides it no longer needs the dollar as global reserve currency. For four years, we have had a president who can spend everything but build nothing. Nothing but debt, dependency, and decay. As I said at the beginning, in different ways the response to Hurricane Sandy and Benghazi exemplify the fundamental unseriousness of the superpower at twilight. Whether or not to get serious is the choice facing the electorate on Tuesday.

***

Via Breitbart.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 9 10 11 12

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 6:43 AM

oh yeah

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 6:44 AM

will do

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I’m itching to see that patented Obama scowl from both him and his wife if/when they lose.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Nicole Coulter on November 5, 2012 at 6:45 AM

0bama hasn’t been into fulfilling his duties at all. He just wanted the prestige and the Wagyu beef…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Scooter will give a surly speech “congratulating” President Romney…with a black eye from Mooch.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Bet they destroy the RR keys on the keyboards…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

joe being a debbie downer, mitt just doesn’t have the numbers to win the EV

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I want to see Chris Matthews so screaming, spitting, foaming-at-the-mouth livid that he gets fired right on camera in front of all his 50,000 viewers.

I want to see that paleface’s skin go red as a beet with rage. I want his hair to turn white and stand on end. Because a rejection of his precious Obama will also be a rejection of him–a total nullification of all his ‘work’ the past four years.

Then I want the tingly lil be-otch to cry, with FNC getting the whole thing on tape.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM

But, when Mitt wins, Joe will be the first to say “I told you so.”

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 6:56 AM

joe scarborough doesn’t see wisconsin going to mitt. he’s giving the election to barack. mitt may have the passion but not the numbers says the closet lib.

COULD SOMEONE FROM THE REPUBLICAN PARTY THROW JOE AND FATSO OUT!

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Another day, another set of bad polls for Obama and the Democrats:

FL – Florida Times-Union/InAdv
Romney 52, Obama 47

UMass/Boston Herald
Warren 48, Brown 49

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 6:58 AM

We are getting hammered with Deb Fisher and Bob Kerrey ads…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

TUROUT, TURNOUT, TURNOUT!!!!

Emails, phone calls, street corners with home-made signs, Facebook posts, pics on Instagram, Tweets, posts on websites in swing states……….WHATEVER WE CAN DO TODAY!!!

…….TeaNami2!!!

PappyD61 on November 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Share the wealth, I want some backup…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 6:27 AM

If it were completely up to me, I’d have no problem with that! The problem is, my friend worries about her ISPs data limit and her own bandwidth (I admit that I don’t like pushing her much, because she gets agitated extremely easily), so unfortunately I have to say that I’ll have to get her permission first.

As it stands right now, which possibly will change, she is only allowing me limited access (during the mornings and primetime, fortunately for me the times I most care about.)

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I so pray that, if/when Mitt wins, the MSM does a major house cleaning and we can be rid of all these liberal media pundits.

Either way, I think the MSM are the big losers here. Their last tendrils of credibility are cut because of this election. Heck! NBC and MSNBC were advertising yesterday on a small new cable channel I have to get people to watch them for election night coverage. In the meantime, Fox doesn’t have to advertise–going hat in hand for viewership.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:02 AM

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 6:56 AM

guaranteed

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Holy Cow, KJ, that’s quite a story! I’m working as a Challenger tomorrow, but I don’t anticipate anything like that happening. Just the usual BS, like accompanying idiots into the voting booth, saying “you want to vote for Obama, right? Just push this button here and every button straight down the line.” My husband isn’t able to do it this year, which is a shame. He’s 6’8″ tall and around 325 lbs. quite an imposing figure, even if he is a big teddy bear.

Naturally Curly on November 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

TROLLCOT!

Keep it going folks, we know we’re going to get hit hot and heavy today as their desperation is at all-time levels.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Let’s go Deb!!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:02 AM

afraid to say it probably won’t happen, they are all of the same ilk, they see nothing wrong in their bias…

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM

TROLLCOTT!!!

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Naturally Curly on November 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

We won’t have any problems in NW MS. Americans will be carryin’. In Memphis, though…

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 7:06 AM

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Kerrey is running the nastiest ads against Deb I have ever seen in a cycle…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:07 AM

TROLLCOT!

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM

I’m ready to do everything among us to lock them out of our discussions. We don’t need them; we don’t want them. HA mikgth welcome them, but that doesn’t mean we have to tolerate them.

TROLLCOTT!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Already started, darlin’. Prayers for you and sis.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM

How do you make your screen name appear as a hyperlink?

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Whoops, nevermind. Got it.

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 7:09 AM

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:07 AM

cripe…

got family in stratton

______________________________

joe believing those skewed polls…if he was an actual conservative he would be lambasting those polls but alas he’d rather keep his job on msdnc

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Hey, I just thought of something. We need to get the term ‘trollcott’ into the Urban Dictionary. *L*

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Trollcott is beautiful. Speaking of which, who cares what joe Scarborough says? I’m serious, who?

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 7:11 AM

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM

He knows he’d never be reelected to the house, so he just eats his butter and doesn’t care which side it’s on…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Wow, they were really snookered! Four years and I have yet to see any sign of intelligence from the rat-eared wonder.

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Yeah, he is playing to his audience. Do you remember the intro to his old show Scarborough Country where he described himself as a “conservative whose best friends are all Democrats?” He wants to be liked by liberals.

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM

LOL. Says the fool who said it would be Senator Crist all the way through the election and would not even say Rubio’s name on his show. Schmoe is a very petty jealous nasty worm.

Marcus on November 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Today will be a long one. Hopefully along the lines of Christmas Eve for a child.

Will obtain fine single malt and a Gurka Beauty cigar for the “call”.

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:15 AM

COULD SOMEONE FROM THE REPUBLICAN PARTY THROW JOE AND FATSO OUT!

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Joe doesn’t need to be thrown out, he self-banned when he decided to join the bama cheerladers at MSNBC and emulate their disgusting sycophantic ways…I don’t think anybody on planet America thinks of Joe as conservative, or even republican…as for Christie, his national ambitions are toast. again, don’t think th GOP can or should do much about it…it’s a natural selection process out there, and this one is not going to survive politically (I mean on the national stage).

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I received this email from the Republican Committee Chairman. I’m passing it on to all my friend and family affected by the storm. Please do so yourselves if you know anyone in NY and NJ!

My Fellow Republicans,

I know that that are a lot of things on all of our minds that don’t have much to do with voting. I am still without power myself and driving around our town I see that a lot of our neighbors who have concerns so much bigger than that. Maybe some of you find yourself with such concerns.

It is tempting in such circumstances to not bother voting. We’ve been told that Romney can’t win in New Jersey, that Joe Kyrillos is a long shot to defeat Bob Menendez for one of our state’s US Senate seats. Congressman Chris Smith looks like a sure thing and Freeholders John Curley and Serena DiMaso look very solid as does County Clerk Claire French. So, if I’m low on gas and I’m waiting to hear back from FEMA or an insurance agent, why bother?

It is because of our current circumstance that voting on Tuesday is more important than ever. We are Americans and we have set the bar high. Every four years the reigns of power may be handed over to a new leader and this occurs without a shot being fired or any other form of rebellion. The right to vote is precious. It has been paid for by the lives and the blood of too many brave Americans for us to not bother taking part. We still have troops in harm’s way so that we can exercise that right.

What’s more, we are from New Jersey. Nothing symbolizes the New Jersey spirit more than getting up after you’ve had your ass kicked. We just got our ass kicked. Hard. But I’m not surrendering my most basic right as an American because of some storm, no matter how strong. I am not willing to defer the choice of who governs this country, this county or this town to people who were fortunate enough to avoid the wrath of this hurricane.

There is too much at stake and the price paid for the right to vote has been too high.

Please be sure to vote on Tuesday.

When you do vote, remember to vote for your Board of Education. The candidates for the Board are hidden at the bottom of your ballot, but as I’ve said many times, the more local the office, the more direct impact that office has on your day to day life.

As a sitting member of the Ocean Township Board of Education, I ask that you vote for my fellow Board members Mike Beson, Jim Dietrich and Denise Parlamas. They are hard working, committed public servants I am proud to serve with. They all bring strength and focus to the Board.

Joe Hadden

Naturally Curly on November 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM

sad ain’t it…

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM

good catch bg

Marcus on November 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM

oh yeah…

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

United States Marines storm NYC beaches!

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Bet they destroy the RR keys on the keyboards…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

What makes you think the keyboards are still going to be around after the filthy commies finish looting the White House?

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:15 AM

i’ve got my newcastle in the fridge ready to go,for mr cmsinaz, heineken

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Is the media collectively setting it up so they can play “shock and awe” on election day and create a major news story?

When so many liberal newspapers flip to Romney, but the LSM sticks with an Obama narrative and polls are skewed into oblivion, something looks rather intentional… as if they won’t be guilty of telling Obama it’s over, and they can act just as shocked.

nitzsche on November 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Already started, darlin’. Prayers for you and sis.

kingsjester on November 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Thanks kj, very much appreciated. Today’s the day they decide if and when to do open heart surgery.

Also, thanks to everyone throughout this thread who has sent prayers and well wishes.

btw, Nicole Wallace on GMA, predicts Romney will take Ohio.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Will obtain fine single malt and a Gurka Beauty cigar for the “call”.

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Personally, I’m going for the biggest air horn I can find.

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM

MAN, Deb Fisher seems to have 4 to 1 commercials against Kerrey this morning. That is hopeful…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

excellent…

hope no one asked for their union card

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Seriously, I thought we were supposed to have moved beyond this kind of garbage after the election of JFK, the first Catholic president.

I am sorry that you don’t seem to understand the distinction between not agreeing with someone’s religious beliefs and declaring that someone’s religious beliefs disqualify them from holding office. So, are Catholics also not fit to hold office? Wouldn’t this guy also consider Catholicism a cult? What about Jews? Or atheists?

This guy Bill Keller bigot declared that a vote for Romney is a vote for Satan. Who on earth would take this kind of crackerjack buffoon seriously, except for Steveangell, that is.

This is basically like saying to millions of Mormon children, who were raised in the faith, that they have no business thinking about ever being president. I’m sorry, but this is just bigotry straight up, and it should be called out as such.

As for your other reference to Islam, if you cannot tell the difference between anti-freedom, bloodthirsty jihadists and Mormons (or anyone else who actually believes in the Golden Rule) then you really are beyond help.

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM

As a whiny, negative, intolerant control freak with an overinflated self-opinion, and poor social skills and sense of self-awareness, I am not surprised to see that you’d have this kind of overreaction to and misunderstanding of what I said, a muddled response which is directly related to your generally clueless understanding about the wisdom of the trollcott.

If I respected you more and believed you could comprehend what I was saying, I’d go through and dispute what you said point by point wherever I believed I needed to, but just as I don’t bother engaging trolls to correct them, I won’t bother with you, either!

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Prayers ascending, Flora…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Yeah Marines! Go Navy!

At least this once Obama will have your back.

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

United States Marines storm NYC beaches!

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

But, but, but Mayor Doomberg doesn’t like their guns…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

United States Marines storm NYC beaches!

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

But didn’t Mayor Bloomingidiot ban the National Guard from helping because (gasp!) they have guns? And now come the Marines who (more gasp!) have guns and bayonets?

Bloomie might have a coronary!

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Don’t get cocky, kid.

Go out and vote.

Do it for Breitbart.

Do it for America.

ajacksonian on November 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Excellent touch!

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

joe thinks he’s being funny by pretending to be screaming “Benghazi” playing the role of rabid right winger.

making light of Benghazi and howling like a hyena. even steve schimdt was disgusted.

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

nitzsche on November 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

No. The polls show it close. But everything else shows a Romney landslide. They’re not that smart.

happytobehere on November 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Bloomberg reporting gas prices are going down. Bet 0bama hates that…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:19 AM

God bless. Will be in prayers. Keep us posted.

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM

But, but, but Mayor Doomberg doesn’t like their guns…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Well, ok then…FIX BAYONETS!

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Hopefully we can start early tomorrow night! Way to take care of the hubby. :)

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Oh, gawd, joe’s theatrics, makes me barf. That man doesn’t have an iota of common sense. Just curious though, what did steve schmidt say.

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

But, but, but Mayor Doomberg doesn’t like their guns…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Well, ok then…FIX BAYONETS!

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM

He’d probably go wih that. Reminds him of his youth :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

unstinkingbelievable…the only time he actually uses the word…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

crickets, it was gregory who said there are still alot of questions about benghazi and mika shut him down immediately

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:30 AM

HoustonRight on November 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Bloomberg reporting gas prices are going down. Bet 0bama hates that…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Well, you betca, if they give away free gas there :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM

you think lawn gnome reagan will make an appearance in PA or OH for mitt?

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

while joe was ranting, they panned over to schmidt, and his mouth was wide open. LOL.

joe in an extremely good mood this morning for a “small government conservative” who is conceding the election to obama. he’s downright chipper.

Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi joe just chimed in. the joke that keeps on giving for him.

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Why is Springsteen so hell bent on getting 0bama reelected?

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

*sigh*

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

The liberal folks over at Wapo are claiming that Republicans are stealing this election. I’ve been a registered commenter there long before Obama ever came onto the scene, and stopped by early in the day to post a few points about facts and reality. For the past four years I’ve endured the same gloating gestures of “I WON” and “conservatism is dead, you idiot”. The “hired” liberal trolls are there every day spewing the same talking points as their President—rich v poor class warfare and class envy, evil corporations, and of course, the racial epithets when challenging the President’s policies. I’ve archived some of their most vile remarks against Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and their families. When Mitt becomes President Romney, I will repost their comments, and simply remind them that “Mitt Won”.

In the meantime, here’s my post at the Post today:

Sounds a little like desperation from our liberal friends when you hear that Romney and the Republicans “are going to steal this election”. The biggest mistake this nation has ever made was buying into the false narrative of hope and change—when it was really about the same old tired spend and tax Democrats, (PLUS A NEW ENTITLEMENT funded in part by gutting Medicare), and heading for a fiscal cliff. Americans are going to take back their country, still a center-right and a Christian nation. And there’s nothing “stolen” when a nation decides the direction this President chose has become an economic disaster.

I’m sorry my liberal friends, but “IT’S STILL THE ECONOMY, STUPID”, and Barack Obama owns it—for just one more day.

Get out and VOTE…..MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Rovin on November 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Rovin on November 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

keep on rockin’ Rovin

excellent…

cmsinaz on November 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM

FOX talking about how evangelicals having a strong positive effect for Romney, especially in Ohio.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Why is Springsteen so hell bent on getting 0bama reelected?

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Because he’s a has-been seeking to get into Obama’s limelight.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I’m watching local news, thanks for the report…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Because he’s a has-been seeking to get into Obama’s limelight.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I never liked him when he was someone…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:41 AM

So how in the hell did Obama take the lead in Virginia. Damn it. Romney seems to make up ground in blue states but starts to lose Virginia?

bucsox79 on November 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM

bucsox79 on November 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM

sandy effects, virginians payed close attention to sandy.

nathor on November 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM

But, but, but Mayor Doomberg doesn’t like their guns…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Well, ok then…FIX BAYONETS!

katy the mean old lady on November 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM

perfect retort!

ted c on November 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I never liked him when he was someone…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I could barely tolerate him myself, and I’m originally from Joisey (please don’t hold that against me!). Though Bruce is a legend, his heyday is long past. I figure that backing Obama is just a pitiable attempt to get some fresh press. I mean, everybody over 13 knows who are the Rolling Stones. But mention Bruce Spingsteen to some kids, and they’ll ask, “Who?”

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

@ToddKincannon

Romney is leading in Michigan, 47-46, in a D+9 poll: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/link/597723/final-michigan-election-poll-for-2012-election

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

TROLLCOTT

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

GAZE

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Heh…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Thank you for all that you do. The information you have provided over the past weeks has been invaluable.

esr1951 on November 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM

OC, I emailed my friend, asking her to allow you permission to that stream. I know I’ll have answer from her by this evening. I strongly suspect she won’t have a problem, but I admit that I am not 100% sure.

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Thanks…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:51 AM

GAZE

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Got your back there.

TROLLCOTT!

PS: All prayers and well-wishes for you and yours.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:51 AM

esr1951 on November 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM

You’re welcome. Glad it is helpful to you.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Thank you very much.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Hoping tomorrow Ed retires the OOTD…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM

bucsox79 on November 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Don’t believe the polls. I’m living in the bluest part of Virginia and even here it is not a lock for the rat-eared wonder.

Happy Nomad on November 5, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Hoping tomorrow Ed retires the OOTD…

OmahaConservative on November 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Nothing is funnier than a dejected lame duck. I expect Obama will be spiteful, but he’ll mess all that up, too. Obama might stomp his foot and threaten to hold his breath. C’mon! Nothing is funnier than a defeated, rejected narcissist trying to save his ego.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM

If he is defeated ( keeping fingers and toes crossed), we may see the mother of all meltdowns. I think Obama actually believes his own lies.

esr1951 on November 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM

@MichelleObama: If this is what the President can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in twice the time

Oh my, has this woman not heard of Twitchy? She left herself wide open for this.

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM

sandy effects, virginians payed close attention to sandy.

nathor on November 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM

0dumba, an egotistical and deceitful con artist who childishly declared, “I won”, referred to Tea Partiers as “teabaggers”, who has shown no restraint when it comes to belittling and marginalizing Republicans who disagree with him, and who has shown little to no leadership skills in his 4 years as Prez, all of the sudden is a respectably bipartisan, ‘bigger than politics’, bridge-making consensus builder because of how he “handled” Sandy? LOL

Undecided voters who could be swayed by 0dumba’s politicized reaction to Sandy are geniuses!

Anti-Control on November 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

renalin on November 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM

What an utter idiot this man is. I really wish he stopped saying he is a conservative (I don’tthink they can rescind his GOP membership), I mean really, why bother, when nobody believes it anyways…big barf.

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM

esr1951 on November 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Oh, I very much agree. But I think the bigger meltdown will come from Chris Matthews.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM

One. More. Day. :-)

Punchenko on November 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

sandy effects, virginians payed close attention to sandy.

nathor on November 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM

What exactly is sandy effects? The afernath of Sandy it was all mayhem and still is.

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

bucsox79 on November 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

Last Marist/NBC poll of VA has Obama up 1, 48-47. Romney leads indies by 5. Sample is D+3 (was D+6 in 08, R+4 in 04)

It is a tie, the MOE is +/- 2.9. The change in lead was due to slightly increased number of Dems and decreasing number of Indies in the sample. D+3 is not entirely unrealistic ( not +11 like CNN. It is very tight and a must have state. That why Romney has 2 campaign stops there today. It all boils down to turnout.

bayview on November 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Right! Obama’s in the lead! By 0.5%—with the 2008 weighted models still inserted.

What I find most encouraging is the overwhelming percentage of independents and swing voters in Romney’s column—still NOT FACTORED INTO THESE POLLS.

Can’t wait to say: “Hey, Mr. President—you lost”

Rovin on November 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Sandy effects: The hopeful liberal belief that Obama can look ‘presidential’ after a natural disaster; the adoration of death and destruction so Obama can win the upcoming election.

Liam on November 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Aftermath that is…

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Flora Duh on November 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Is she channeling Biden? :)

jimver on November 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM