Polls: This Mitt fellow is becoming more likeable by the day

posted at 1:31 pm on November 4, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

I know many conservatives bristle at the notion of “likeability” or personal “favorability” as an important campaign metric, dismissing it as a shallow consideration not worthy of news coverage.

But, the fact is, it does matter. It is not, on its own, a qualification for office, but we are human beings and we make many decisions based on whether we like or dislike others. If you don’t think it’s a boon to be likeable, imagine Ronald Reagan’s presidency with Harry Reid’s personality.

The likeability issue has probably received an outsized amount of coverage during President Obama’s four years in office because, as economic stats stalled and fell, Obama’s personal “favorability” didn’t, allowing media to crow about its preferred candidate’s appeal.

No longer. In the waning days of this election, Mitt Romney has closed the likeability gap—formerly Obama’s greatest asset— in four separate polls (three national, one battleground), rising to his highest levels of the campaign in the eyes of voters.

WaPo/ABC:

Fifty-four percent of likely voters in the latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll express a favorable opinion of Obama overall, the most basic measure of a public figure’s popularity. Yet 53 percent now see Romney favorably – a majority, remarkably, for the first time.

It’s a dramatic gain for Romney, who emerged from the Republican primaries as the least popular major party candidate in polling back to 1984 and remained there up to the debates. Just 40 percent saw him favorably as recently as late August, and it was essentially no better, 44 percent, after the party conventions.

Politico/GWU:

Romney and Obama are now at parity on likability: 51 percent view Obama favorably while 50 percent view Romney favorably. Meanwhile, 45 percent of respondents view Obama unfavorably and 44 percent view Romney unfavorably.

In the Oct. 1 Politico/GWU poll, taken entirely before the first debate, Obama outdid Romney 51-46 on this measure.

Same in the most recent Fox poll:

In addition, the two are about equally liked by voters. Fifty-two percent have a favorable opinion of Obama, while 51 percent have a positive view of Romney.

Pittsburgh Tribune poll of Pennsylvania, which shows a 47-47 race in the Keystone state today:

Obama enjoyed wide leads in state polling during most of the race. That narrowed when Romney’s image improved as a result of the October presidential debates. Susquehanna found 48 percent of voters view Romney favorably, the first time he tied Obama on that measure. A Trib poll in September found Obama with a 47 percent favorability rating, compared with Romney’s 41 percent.

The NBC poll’s numbers on individual questions won’t come out until tonight. The race is a dead heat in four national polls and Romney has closed the likeability gap, while Democrats show signs of improving their enthusiasm numbers. Will the former offset the latter? Romney’s problems with likeability were widely seen as a large part of the reason people didn’t view him as a viable alternative to the president. He has changed his image perceptibly since the first debate, wiping out what used to be sometimes a double-digit advantage for the president.

Is it enough to push a few extra voters to the polls in Northwest Ohio and Eastern Ohio coal country, Western Pennsylvania, and the Philadelphia burbs? Or, given the high numbers of early voters, did folks just learn to like Mitt a little too late?

Since we’re going anti-Eyeore in this post, let’s also give you a shot in the arm with Guy Benson’s 6 Reasons to be Optimistic this weekend.

Front-page photo credit to Nate Beeler

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10 11

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

That does not work. Do not engage, the less they post, the less they get paid.

Trollcott!

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I still have one foot on the ledge myself–it’s just in my nature–but for the love of God, you can’t fake enthusiasm like this (SEE: Obama using Katy Perry and Springsteen). And no matter how bad the MSM wants to bury it…it’s simmering out there and has been since 2008 and the red tsunami of 2010.

Phoenix7 on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM

You are absolutely right. It’s natural to be concerned when you have to depend on millions of people to do the right thing. But they will. Don’t worry. This is gonna be awesome.

I work in a very, very liberal industry and my liberal co-workers are incredibly worried. They huddle together and talk quietly and worry. Absolutely nothing like 08. Nothing at all.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You know, yelling “Trollcot” is in itself a response to trolls. If it were to be a response, it is preferable to counter them with facts to combat their attempt to demoralize.

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Well…c’mon. They are trying for a concerted effort to ignore a certain few commenters here, in the hope that they get bored and leave.

If no one knows about this concerted effort…?!

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

According to C-Span, he still has one more stop to make today too. They didn’t say where though.

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Mitt’s last stop tonight is Newport News, VA.

JenWestin on November 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Obama is lucky the election is this soon, the more people see of Romney the more they like him.

neuquenguy on November 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

rdbrewer vid at Ace’s on R/R at Red Rocks. Goosebumps!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

After living under the worst president in frankly, my lifetime, I cannot wait to get to the polls.

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I could be wrong but I think the goal is to ignore them. I just found out so I was messing with one earlier.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

That does not work. Do not engage, the less they post, the less they get paid.

Trollcott!

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Thanks, Jman. Save me the typing. Nothing civil has worked with that particular troll.

cozmo on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I believe that’s the way the overwhelming majority in this country feel, my brother.

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Yes, trollcot is a response to trolls. If you’ve got a better way to get people to stop responding to trolls please let us know.

I’d prefer them to be banned, but I’m not in charge…. so Trollcot is the best we can do. It’s also really fun.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

T R O L L
F R E E
S U N D A Y…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

And every day that ends with -day.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

over 800

NO TROLL NIGHT…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

What is it with trolling on HotAir these days? Just deny what’s clear as day, the blindingly obvious? Quote ridiculous skewed poll spreads again and again? There’s no subtlety any more. And then on Tuesday evening they’ll just disappear.

It’s like the White House Press Office.

spiritof61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

H.W. Bush loved Carvey.

Too bad Ferrell is such a leftist d!ck. He did a great W.

Lanceman on November 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Ferrell didn’t come anywhere near Steve Bridges.

Carvey could do an incredible ‘W’ just using his face but without saying a word.

slickwillie2001 on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Indeed. Already voted. It’s so wonderful to vote for someone instead of just against someone. I really don’t feel the traditional lesser of two evils thing with Mitt. He’s a fine man and will make a fine president. Maybe I’m just growing up.

I’m looking forward to having this man be our president.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

It’s also really fun.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I haven’t seen one all day. Looks like they finally got discouraged and gave up.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

That does not work. Do not engage, the less they post, the less they get paid.

Trollcott!

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

And, they get paid more per post for replying to a post than just posting an original themselves. That’s why it’s important to ignore and not engage them, unless you enjoy adding to their purses.

TROLLCOTT!!!

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The best part is that Mitt’s crowds are not bought and paid for like Obama’s, full of union members and political operatives.

Mitsouko on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

His speech tonight topped even the one in OH last night. Although some of the same material, you can feel the confidence he has in what he’s seeing out there, increasing with every appearance. His voice and emotion is strong and compassionate, in the right sense of the term.

For so many people, 20K per the SS, to show up in such cold weather and be so enthused, I think “Nose-in-the-Air”, Obama’s Indian name, is going to be one sad (and angry) SOB on Wednesday.

Let’s Roll!!!

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Agreed.

Obama is panicking…that’s why he’s sending Bill Clinton to PA tommorrow…once again leading from behind.

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Yeah, I thought for a second that one responded to something I wrote, but then I realized I was mistaken. It’s like shell shock or something. :)

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

This thread has been as much fun as QOOTD threads. Trollcott is icing on the cake.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

…eleventy thousand and seventy responses later…do you want to bang your head against the wall longer than them?
…SMART POWER?…time to put them to bed!…

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

lol… Read the first couple pages of comments, went and grabbed a beer and some peanuts and some snacks and beers, and am now back to page 8 seeing the TROLLCOT is alive and well. Long live that little dwarf Gimli and his troll-killing ways. Job well done.

ahlaphus on November 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Tuesday is going to be glorious!

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

is going to be one sad (and angry) SOB on Wednesday.

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I’m not so sure. Obama sure doesn’t look or act like he wants the job.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Walker lead in EVERY SINGLE POLL over Barrett.

gumbyandpokey

Then why were you claiming Walker was a goner,liar?

Walker is a goner…
“A new Rasmussen poll finds that Republican Wisconsin Scott Walker is in trouble of being recalled June 5, with a majority, 52 percent, saying they will vote him
Worse for Walker: 53 percent disapprove of his job as governor with a whopping 46 percent saying they “strongly disapprove” of Walker. Majorities of both men and women now support his recall.”
gumbyandpokey on April 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Not engaging the trolls in a personal way is fine, but letting them get away with misleading statements, creating a false meme of a big momentum shift or reversal, is not wise. Their posts can be read by anyone who visit the site and may be taken at face value. It would be like having Barry/Axelrod run all the negative ads in the summer without being called out.

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I wish i lived in PA (I can’t believe I just typed that!) so at least I could feel like my vote could mean something. Go Mitt from the People’s Republic of Vermont!

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Seriously, if we can keep Trollcot going we can definitely take Pennsylvania. Hell, we can take Illinois with this dedication!

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

…you going panfish on us?

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Romney will send Obama an iPod with Romney speeches as a going away gift.

Moesart on November 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Ignore it, it goes away.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Then you are pi$$ing away what other people worked hard to create.

It worked all day.

But whatever…

cozmo on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

…you going to be the only azz in the country that doesn’t get it?

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Tuesday is going to be glorious!

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I like your enthusiasm!!..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I keep hearing this strange, insignificant buzzing. Must be one of those Trollcots I’ve heard so much about.

I hear they usually disappear back into their pathetic, solitary cocoons after the first Tuesday of November and if you’re lucky, they die in there, never to be seen or heard from again.

Phoenix7 on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I hope KJ.

TrollCON4. We’re at TrollCON4.

In cases of TrollCON4, look to your neighbor and compliment their writing skillz.

Agreed.

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Excellent comment!

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Go Mitt from the People’s Republic of Vermont!

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Lol. Well, you made me feel a little better. I’m in Michiganistan.

(Still, very close here, though. It could happen.)

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Please stop arguing with Trollcot. It’s the best thing that has happened to this site in a month. Just say trollcot and they will not be taken at face value. Post what you want to post. But do not quote any troll or respond directly to any troll. Write whatever you want, just don’t actually respond directly to anything the troll says.

TROLLCOT FTW

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

It’s paid to lie. Resist the urge, it will go away.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Then why were you claiming Walker was a goner

Because I didn’t listen to the polls when I should have. I learned my lesson. And you guys will learn yours on Tuesday night. Polls are not wrong…

Poll Date Sample Walker (R) Barrett (D) Spread
Final Results – – 53.1 46.3 Walker +6.8
RCP Average 5/17 – 6/3 – 51.5 44.8 Walker +6.7
WeAskAmerica 6/3 – 6/3 1570 LV 54 42 Walker +12
PPP (D) 6/2 – 6/3 1226 LV 50 47 Walker +3
Marquette University 5/23 – 5/26 600 LV 52 45 Walker +7
WPR/St. Norbert 5/17 – 5/22 406 LV 50 45 Walker +5

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Tuesday is going to be glorious!

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Lets hope so. It will take every Romney supporter calling everyone they can to get them to the polls. Its going to be all about turnout and we cannot take it for granted.

neuquenguy on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012

…and then…the cancer grows!

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

TROLLCOT…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

TROLLCOT

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Psychologically the Democrats are beaten already. Their campaigning is listless and defensive. It’s too late to Wag the Dog and attack somewhere in the Middle East. They are campaigning on their home turf. Here in Florida there is no enthusiasm, practically no signage, furtiveness and avoidance of debate. No congressional candidates except those in safe districts like Debbie want to be associated with their Dear Leader. And this is a so-called Battleground? It was conceded to Romney weeks ago.

spiritof61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Then maybe contradict them without mentioning them.

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

There’s this weird feeling I’m having. It’s as if someone is posting but somehow I can’t see the posts of a certain poster… Are you guys getting that weird feeling.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

rdbrewer vid at Ace’s on R/R at Red Rocks. Goosebumps!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Goosbumps…like 1980…There I said it but this feels very much like 1980 which was my first national election.

I felt that way when he selected Paul Ryan…Consolidated the conservative base and gives Catholics a Catholic they can vote for in good conscience…When he pulled Billy Graham support I knew this was huge…

Bibi Netanyahu…Billy Graham…The United Catholic Bishops…Incredible really.

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I like your enthusiasm!!..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Hello, Dire.
My Lions looked oddly like a football team, today. :)

Are you celebrating Trollcott? I have extra pointy sticks–which are purely for symbolic use!–if you need some.

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Why hawkdriver, you are in excellent form tonight. Well, done old chap.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Lol. Well, you made me feel a little better. I’m in Michiganistan.

(Still, very close here, though. It could happen.)

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

At least you’ve got a chance. Although I made an interesting observation this weekend. there are a lot of houses here with lawns signs for Bernie Sanders, Peter Welch and local candidates, but without O signs. Hmmm…interesting.

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

rdbrewer vid at Ace’s on R/R at Red Rocks. Goosebumps!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

That is excellent. Did rdbrewer do that?

Trollcot!

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Tuesday is going to be glorious!

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

neuquenguy on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Folks can signup to phone bank from home at Romney/Ryan site

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

…SMART POWER?…time to put them to bed!…

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

…here! I’ll post it again!…what have you achieved with your numerous responses over the months?WHAT…???

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

spiritof61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

There’s no signage here in Chicago, dude. It is pathetic. They’re all so worried! In 08 it was nonstop rah-rah nonsense. People crying in Grant Park, oprah crying. LOL They’re finished and they sense it. They don’t quite know it yet. But they sense it.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Glad to see you used the proper spelling of Trolcott. Three Ts.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Lovin this Trollcot…and they said there was no cure for herpes.

BeachBum on November 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

And two “L’s”

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

It’s like an Obama “stimulus” it will work next time he promises!

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

My Lions looked oddly like a football team, today. :)

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

…isn’t it nice to not have too watch the last two minutes…before they start playing?
LeShore in the first half!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Mitt’s last stop tonight is Newport News, VA.

JenWestin

Thanks. His schedule today has been a little more geographically friendly than Obama’s, who had stops in Florida, New Hampshire, Oiho, and Colorado. What a mucked up schedule that is.

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

If it makes you feel better imagine the size of the state of Texas and imagine that democrats in Texas feel that way all the time…

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Did rdbrewer do that?

Trollcot!

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

He got the raw footage and then put an awesome soundtrack to it.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Speaking of polls…PPP’s final poll right before the Walker recall:

Walker had a “narrow lead” according to PPP.

Walker then went on to win by 7 points.

Not even close.

Sound familiar?

And again, on the ground here, one had a sense–just like with Romney–that all the momentum was with Walker.

Yet, Walker was barely “edging” Barrett in the polls. Just like Romney is either slightly down, tied, or getting shallacked in D+9 polls.

Ignore the polls. Follow what your eyes and ears tell you…and that is that Mitt Romney will be the next President of the United States.

Phoenix7 on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Check out this photo from tonight’s rally.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Obammy’s panicking…

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

TROLLCOT…!!!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Thank you guys for this, I’ve been awol for weeks. If we keep it up maybe I can become a regular again.

TROLLCOTT till we have some R&R.

MontanaMmmm on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

LeShore in the first half!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Not a lot of moronic penalties, either.

The unfortunate thing–you will recall that I’m, at heart, a pessimist–is that we have to wonder which Lions team will take the field next week.

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Why hawkdriver, you are in excellent form tonight. Well, done old chap.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Ohh raaa-tha. Same to your my good man. Not still doing the polo thing tomorrow in this dreadful weather, are we?

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Same to “you” my good man …

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

And this Mitt Romney fellow wins Tuesday

The tidal wave started in 09 and it crashes shore Tuesday, Nov 6

Redford on November 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Did the Trollcot work? Did they go away? They have kept on posting, if you have not noticed. Their mission is to demoralize, to be agent provocateur. They are not here to seek your approval or winning popularity contest. Their aim, especially the paid troll from the campaign, is to cast seeds of doubt in the mind of whoever visit HotAir and read the comments. They will not stop just because they are ignored and not responded to.

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Check out this photo from tonight’s rally.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

A Fine example of American Success…socialists the world over will hate that photo

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Check out this photo from tonight’s rally.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Love the Hopper wallpaper.

“Watch out for them damn monkeys, they bite.”

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Okay I’ve been gone all day – what the heck is trollcot?

gophergirl on November 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

it is so funny as the one astute poster wrote every post that says trollcot is actually not ignoring the trolls …it is actually making them a bigger phenomenon … thanks ( not that I am a troll I am just a proud Democrat who can knows math … when the the Pew Poll has the President Obama up 3 ,a change of 7 points in one month … it is time for Democrats to smile ..

U2denver on November 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

He got the raw footage and then put an awesome soundtrack to it.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Good to know. I just showed it to everyone here in the campaign office and a few poobah’s have it saved on their computers. Please tell rd if you see him around.

We are sorting massive lists of folks who need rides on Tuesday.

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Good evening..Yes the Lions are looking very good..Tough division!!..:)

PS..The enthusiasm on HA is awesome..Don’t remember seeing it in 2008..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Phoenix7 on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

But Walker was AHEAD. IN. EVERY. POLL.

Romney is AHEAD. IN. NONE. NONE. NONE. NONE. NONE.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

PS..The enthusiasm on HA is awesome..Don’t remember seeing it in 2008..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

It was more subdued. I think it was because we were losing, then. :)

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

spiritof61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I live and visit the bluest of blue places in CA, WA and MA. Nearly no O stickers. Zip. They were on every Prius last time.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Fox is showing clips of Obama and Bubba campaigning. They seem so childish and silly that it is amazing that the race is so close. I worry about the fate of our country with a plurality of people who would reelect this knucklehead.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Barry will lose all of those states on Tuesday. The FL stop is just to keep his morale up. Conceded weeks ago. I’ll bet his staff are afraid to share the internal polling for fear of a meltdown on the plane.

spiritof61 on November 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Trollcot is working, trolls getting frustrated.

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Okay I’ve been gone all day – what the heck is trollcot?

gophergirl on November 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

From the word boycott, a plan to resist the urge to respond to trolls, because all that responding does is allow their words to monopolize the thread. One troll post then leads to dozens of responses that cut and paste the original offensive material. The unfortunate result is very successful trolling.

At the very least, don’t cut and paste the original material, perhaps only the name of the troll.

slickwillie2001 on November 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Yes he’s still posting, but mostly just to himself. Compare this thread to other threads. It is at least readable without every other comment being his dribble, or someone responding to his dribble.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Check out this photo from tonight’s rally.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Big Deal.

Obama outdrew him last night in VA.

All hype for this PA rally that fizzled.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I sense a troll whose head is exploding into all capital letters. Trollcott rules!

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

And two “L’s”

nicefly on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

You are correct. My face is red.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Michael Barone is a smart guy. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him put it out and on the line like he did this year with his Mitt Victory prediction. Does anyone know, has he ever done that before?

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

…They will not stop just because they are ignored and not responded to.

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Yes they will. Try it.

slickwillie2001 on November 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Final CNN national poll is out and tied at 49%. Last CNN national poll was Obama +3. Tight as can be.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Here in Florida there is no enthusiasm, practically no signage, furtiveness and avoidance of debate…All indications are of a clear, easy Mitt win. But the flying monkeys keep spinning to the very end. It’s the Berlin Bunker in late April 1945. Hey, let’s get married Eva!

spiritof61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

WATERLOO!

THIS is for traumatized Obama supporters

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Okay I’ve been gone all day – what the heck is trollcot?

gophergirl on November 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Lol! Read this thread.
You’re smart–you’ll figure it out.
First mention is here, I think.

How did the Ryan rally go?

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

We are sorting massive lists of folks who need rides on Tuesday.

JPeterman on November 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Awesome. Keep fighting, we’re almost there!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I’ll try again…damn Youtube

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I tried listening to him Cindy. But the stammering, the dropping of the g’s from his verbs. The inane lack of direction in the president’s thought process. It’s amazing he’s not embarrassed to even get up there.

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Lol! Read this thread.
You’re smart–you’ll figure it out.
First mention is here, I think.

How did the Ryan rally go?

RedCrow on November 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Got it – thanks!

I posted my recap in the Gillespie thread. It was so much fun and boy Minnesotans sure can yell.

gophergirl on November 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM