Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on November 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Time once again to get down to business and take a stab at choosing the Obamateurism of the Week! As always, follow the links if you’re confused, because we at Hot Air leave no OOTW voter behind … but you have to be on the Internet to reach us, of course.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Is this the end of Ootw?

rob verdi on November 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Katrina redux…

wolly4321 on November 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

President Revenge should be the OOTD tomorrow or Tuesday.

22044 on November 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I voted for #4

22044 on November 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We leave nobody behind unless they are our fighting men

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Is this the end of Ootw?

rob verdi on November 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Oh how I hope it is.

rcpjr on November 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

None of the above.

*”revenge”

Bat Chain Puller on November 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

“take a stab” — LOL!!!

KS Rex on November 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Shocked not to see revenge voting

Wade on November 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Or folks who vote gop

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Nobody behind – I have a feeling “Revenge” is going to be OOTY.

PatMac on November 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

#4 was the choice, I went with #5.

Bmore on November 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

No contest. “We leave nobody behind” is the ultimate insult on the American people. I would just li..

Sorry, I need a mint. Just lost my breakfast.

Let’s leave him behind come Tuesday!

HoustonRight on November 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Revenge wasn’t an ootd this week

Hang tight

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

“We should have one Secretary of Business”

“We leave noboby behind”

Tells Hurricane Sandy victims to go to the Internet for updates

Tough choices but the blatant poke at the families of the Benghazi Four is the most evil and overshadows the incompetence and idiocy of the other two main contenders, IMHO.

Fallon on November 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I am issuing a write-in nominee for the Obamateurism of the Week!

“Vote for REVENGE!!!!!!”

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

And then there is the amateur stunt of the week… Barry jogging off the exit stairs of AF 1 to the microphone while wearing a bomber jacket.

farsighted on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I’m sure gonna miss this weekly LOL….but I will tighten my belt and learn to live without.

Voted for #5

Vote Romney/Ryan end the madness that is barry.

DiabloAzure on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

FIX!!! BAYONETS!!!

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I didn’t get it right.

As long as it doesnt effect my GPA.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM

“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

When do we get to select this as Obamateurism of the Year? Of his entire term?

Marcus on November 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM

farsighted on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Would have been even better if he still had a Walmart price tag hanging from that bomber jacket.

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Let us leave him behind tues

hillsoftx on November 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

This could be the last OoTW! Oh Joy! Please let it be so!

Urban Infidel on November 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

“We leave nobody behind”

Staten Island would disagree.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

President Revenge should be the OOTD tomorrow or Tuesday.

22044 on November 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Yep, that could be the glimpse into his mean, bitter, narcissist soul that cinches it for lots of voters.

Meanwhile, “We leave nobody behind.” Jaw-droppingly despicable.

petefrt on November 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I haven’t voted in months, it’s not fun/funny anymore.
But yeah revenge was the one I expected to see on the list.

vityas on November 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Having the winner be “We leave noboby behind” right next to a characature of Obama bending over is priceless…chuckle

percysunshine on November 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I don’t give a damn about Election Day

“I have to say, the administration, the president, himself and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far,” Christie said on Good Morning America. “We have a great partnership with them.”

Did a lot of harm.

Speakup on November 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

The internet will be down for maintenance, so under no circumstance are you allowed to log on until we send you an email telling you it’s okay.

That actually happened at a place I worked a few years back, so with that bit of idiocy in mind my OOTW decision was easy.

I’ve always taken the view that these are amateurisms that show him learning on the job as opposed to evil and corrupt, although he’s given us no shortage of those examples too. He’s proven himself to be a meaner, thinner skinned and pettier man than we expected, but it is the media who will forever bear the burden of foisting this poseur upon us.

The election of Mitt Romney is merely the first step in reclaiming America’s future. There’s gonna be a whole lot of people at the alphabet networks who will find their professional opportunities limited by the consumer class who vote with their wallets.

I’m already predicting that the next OOTW will be the less than gracious concession speech by Barry.

CitizenEgg on November 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Secretary of Business??? Of course we don’t have enough redundant layers of beuracracy. Let’s add some more. That will fix everything.
Farking idiot!
“We leave nobody behind”…except in Benghazi, but never mind them. Gay ambassadors and military (current or ex) don’t count.
Farking moron!
Hurricane Sandy victims can go to the internet for updates…without electricity?? Your laptop is battery-powered right…and WiFi doesn’t need electricity, er…right?
Farking low-grade dip-sh*t!
Sorry, Ed, they all tie for OOTW.

swinia sutki on November 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Will there be an OOTA (Obamateurism of the adminstration) on January 20, 2013?

Wethal on November 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Please, oh dear Lord, let Mr. Morrissey complete his promise to end all Obamateurisms this Tuesday night. Amen

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I hope we leave him behind on Tuesday!

tim c on November 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

What was the Obamateurism of the Week (11/4)?

…if this is the last one?…EVERY FLUKING ONE OF THEM!
We don’t leave anybody behind is normal…as he went off to Vegas…and then… neighbors started finding bodies!
….it should have been this—>

I am issuing a write-in nominee for the Obamateurism of the Week!

“Vote for REVENGE!!!!!!”

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Is this the end of Ootw?

rob verdi on November 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

If memory serves, Ed’s going to run a couple more weeks of OOTD, then transition to a blow-out Obamateurism of the Year and a closing Obamateurism of the Term. That is regardless of who wins on Tuesday, but I don’t want to have more material show up from DC.

Steve Eggleston on November 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

When he is defeated on Tuesday watch for a scorched earth retreat similar to Sadaam burning the oil fields

tommy-t on November 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

MICHIGAN
Who are you most likely to vote for in the Presidential election – Democratic President Barack Obama, or Republican Nominee, Governor Mitt Romney, another candidate, or are you undecided?

Republican Nominee Mitt Romney 46.86%
President Barack Obama 46.24%
Another candidate 4.94%
Undecided 1.96%

AirForceCane on November 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I’ll take the “leave nobody behind” (except when we did) for the last OOTW poll before we stand up the office of the President Reject.

ted c on November 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Wearing a bomber jacket like he’s a “militry man of action” immediately after Benghazi.

All he needed was Valerie Jarrett to pin his plastic “Captain’s Wings” pin on his jacket, with Mooch proudly watching.

Typicalwhitewoman on November 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Even if we succeed in canning him, he’s unfortunately still in office until January 20th. That 2 months is going to be dangerous. Maybe we should go from Obamateurisms to Obamachiavellianisms.

Eren on November 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am issuing a write-in nominee for the Obamateurism of the Week!

“Vote for REVENGE!!!!!!”

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That came in on Friday, and since OOTD is the first thing that shows up on weekdays only, it better be there either tomorrow or (for maximum voting effect) Tuesday.

Steve Eggleston on November 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Romney doesn’t get sworn in until Jan 20th or something, right?

I believe we’ll have quite a few more of these kind of threads unless Obama suffers some kind of depression and hides in the WH for 3 months. I don’t see that happening unfortunately. He’ll go on the warpath to punish this country for rejecting him.

There are hundreds of rules and regulations waiting to be implemented because doing so before the election would hurt the economy and any chance he might have of winning.

There are several treaties waiting for Reid to pass. We do have 41 senators who pledged to block them all but I trust that pledge is worth less than the paper it is written on.

Mord on November 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!

General Zod

50sGuy on November 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

there were three that were classics this week.

Remember though he’s LEADING from behind…..we here he leaves Americans in need.

The office has NEVER been more disgraced than since January 20, 2009.

NEVER.

PappyD61 on November 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Mord on November 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I hear you, but fortunately it takes 67 Senators to ratify any treaty.

Something tells me that, if he still has the majority, the first thing Dingy Harry will do in the next Congress is refuse to assent to Paul Ryan’s election as VP and install Biden by crook.

Steve Eggleston on November 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Typicalwhitewoman on November 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

As mark steyn said, he’s all jacket and no bomber.

President Obomber-jacket..

ted c on November 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

We know he really doesn’t get it about leaving nobody behind when it comes to Benghazi but we could also apply this to the Hurricane Sandy victims. Obamuh went to Jersey to get his photo op on the beach, then got in AF1 and left the Sandy victims behind. They’re none of this concern and nobody in his WretchedHive is taking their calls, much less getting back to them within 15 minutes, if at all.

stukinIL4now on November 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM

WHERE the heck is the “Revenge vote” option?

royzer on November 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!

General Zod

50sGuy on November 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I think Dear Leader prefers the other Zodism:

KNEEL!!!!!

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Each choice is a doozy. I chose behind the curve. Today I pray that the OOTW has its final curtain call on January 20, 2013.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Will the OotD go on until inauguration, or stop after election day?

Count to 10 on November 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

“We leave nobody behind” in light of Benghazi is just classic Obama..completely tone deaf…..completely oblivious…

Tim Zank on November 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

“Secretary of Business” is definitely evidence that The One is in the wrong job. If he doesn’t know what his Secretary of Commerce is for, or the SecCom doesn’t either, it’s too late to hope that “on the job training” will work with this bunch of ” brilliant intellectuals”.

But saying “we will leave no one behind”- when in September he, and they, sat on their collective arse for seven hours and watched people die over a live feed, and did nothing except watch and order any officer in the AO who tried to do something relieved of command…

That’s not an OOTW. It’s clear evidence that everything is political with this in-duh-vidual, and that the only thing that matters to him is him.

Please, G-d, let us fire this idiot Tuesday.

clear ether

eon

eon on November 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I went with the internet option, though as always, all of them were great candidates.

I’d love to see the OOTW continue through January…I’m sure we’ll have fodder right up ’til Inauguration Day!

Grace_is_sufficient on November 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

If revenge is a dish best served cold, here’s hoping Obama needs a much bigger refrigerator come next Tuesday.

natasha333 on November 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

David Axelrod, a senior adviser to President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign, dismissed on Sunday the notion that Mitt Romney is making Pennsylvania competitive as the GOP presidential nominee heads there later in the day.

“They understand that they’re in deep trouble,” Axelrod said on “Fox News Sunday.” “They’ve tried to expand the map because they know in states like Ohio… they’re behind and they’re not catching up at this point.”

Axelrod argued that Romney’s trips to Florida and Virginia are signs that they haven’t locked up states where the Republican should be performing well.

“They understand that the traditional, or the battleground, states that we’ve been focusing are not working out for them,” Axelrod said. “Now they’re looking for somewhere, desperately looking for somewhere.”

Revenge?…….for what you’ve put us through the last four years you disgrace to the Oval Office. You think that might be justified?.

I guess we’ll find out on Tuesday Mr. Axelrod.

PappyD61 on November 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Consider this Busted Axelrod’s “Baghdad Bob” moment.

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM

KNEEL!!!!!

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 10:06 A

I agree. Yours is better :)

50sGuy on November 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Voted “We leave nobody behind” but that’s not really an Obamateurism its OTreasonism.

CorporatePiggy on November 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

–snip–
CitizenEgg on November 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

That has usually been my theory behind my OOTW voting as well.

A Secretary of Business, for example, is a desire for more federal control over business, and thus is a philosophical insight. A graduate of Punahou, let alone of his fancy colleges, should have known that “commerce” is a broader word for “business”. And to me, the “leave nobody behind” was just campaigning lies.

To me, the internet remark shows a true Obamaturism.

Kevin K. on November 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Being a lover of WWII movies, “12 O’Clock High” is one of my favorites…and also loved the tv series.

All such real heroes that wore this revered bomber jacket.

I guess it’s why this is such a “hot button” for me, to put on this jacket from such a treasonous coward.

Typicalwhitewoman on November 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

If Obama could he’d be Emperor Palpatine.

With Luke Skywalker being the U.S.A. as founded.

PappyD61 on November 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

As a patriot and veteran, nothing irked me more this past week than watching Obama wearing that bomber jacket, prancing down the staircase from Air Force One like a runway model and giving the most disrespectful salute I have ever seen to the duty military personnel. It was as if they weren’t there or an annoyance to his greatness.

Oh how I despise Hussein Obama, who sneers at America and its true heroes.

fogw on November 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

What amazes me is this guy does not learn. I would think as time went on, he’d mature a little.

This group added to last week were more outrageous than any prior OOTW during this AMATEUR ADMINISTRATION.

FOWG1 on November 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Leading from his behind.

Obama backs up his empty promise.

profitsbeard on November 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

He slipped that ‘leave nobody behind’ in the speech as a verbal rubbing the nose with the middle finger salute. ‘Call me a dead fish here’s what you’ll get. He could care less about the people and their lives that were destroyed in the storm just like he doesn’t care about the dead Americans anywhere. See Joplin, Benghazi, NY, NJ, RI, CT, N.O., on and on.

Kissmygrits on November 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM

this week might be the best example of how ‘simply’ moronic this ‘man’ is… the four losers are all world class…

May the voice of ‘We The People’ be heard on Tuesday and extract their own form of Revenge on the SCoaMF

phreshone on November 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM

go ye, read.!

ted c on November 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Terrific artile Ted. An d I think the author is spot on.

VegasRick on November 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

No brainer, we leave “nobody” behind. Define nobody, Champ.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Another tough one, at least for me. I went with Secretary of Business simply because it shows Obama thinks adding more bureaucracy, more “experts”, and untold amounts of red tape will turn the economy around.

I wanted to choose “No one is left behind” as it shows what a lying dufus Nobama really is. All told, the choices were great today. I agree with previous posters that Vote for Revenge will and should be tomorrow.

I can’t wait until Tuesday when our poor excuse for a president is thrown out on his azz. And Mooch-elle, too.

rpjkw11 on November 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Jeebus
Yet another pick ‘em.
This is getting real unfair. We like “fairness”, don’t we?

I went with the China manufacturing:
An amateurism that smacks both of reality and downright cluelessness/hypocrisy.
The ØOTY
Is going to be so difficult, we’ll need innumerable asterisks and footnotes.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on November 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM

“We leave nobody behind.”

Combines the horror and tragedy of Libya with the posing and incompetence during Hurricane Sandy.

Romnesia: If it lets me forget the past 4 years, then I want a case of it badly.

Mutnodjmet on November 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM

“Vote for Revenge” is my vote.

Boodad on November 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Mitt speaking live in Des Moines now on Fox.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Did a lot of harm.

Speakup on November 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Sure didn’t help, did it. What gets me is it was so unnecessary, so gratuitous. What the hell was Christie thinking?

I dunno, I was a big Christie fan. But the more I think about this, the more irritating it gets.

petefrt on November 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

RASMUSSEN SUNDAY…..49/49

39/37/24 Demo advantage is +2

Obama leads with early turnout because a large majority have been AFRICAN AMERICAN.

If whites turnout in bigger #’s Romney wins…….if minorities turn out Obama wins.

So far it looks like Axelrod was right to ditch working class whites and go for the minority vote.

To think that this disaster in the White House is EVEN CLOSE is an indictment of this country and of the Romney campaign and the power of the American media……and the laziness of the American voter.

God help us. And let’s do all we can between now and Tuesday in every swing state you can affect.

***27% report the election has had a negative impact with friends or family.

OBAMA……THE GREAT DIVIDER OF THE UNITED STATES.

All Hail.

PappyD61 on November 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Got to love me some Candy:

Freudian Slip: Candy Crowley Calls Him ‘President Romney’

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/11/04/freudian-slip-candy-crowley-calls-him-president-romney#ixzz2BGkDGtux

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I thought about voting for revenge, because that is so telling of Barky – if you’re not a socialist or disagree with his warped world view, you are his enemy and must be humiliated and vanquished.

But I chose left behind because that is the ultimate humiliation for our dear nation. Our brave soldiers, sailors and Marines do not want to leave anyone behind. And Barky’s administration left our people behind to die, knowing they were under attack by Islamic terrorists. Shame. This is a criminal act. It is treason.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Ambassador Chris Stevens was unavailable to vote on the OotW

rbj on November 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Mitt speaking live in Des Moines now on Fox.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Reamed BHO a new one. Made the case BHO is more interested in advancing his liberal ideology than he is about creating jobs.

petefrt on November 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Not just take office, but take responsibility for the office! Go Mitt, go!

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I would choose leaving no one behind but seeing the president in a military jacket on the campaign trail left me nauseaus and it made as big a statement as anything he said. The poseur in chief strikes again!

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Again, minor changes, but to say it didn’t hurt Romney or help Obama is insane. Job approval #s higher, nat’l polls tightened a bit.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Two/too funny tweets:

Amanda Carpenter ‏@amandacarpenter
Dear God. Savannah Guthrie just called #sandy a “moment handed from above” for Obama to appear presidential

Dennis Miller Show ‏@DennisDMZ
They told Biden to set his clock back last night so he moved it to far end of his bedside table. #bidensamentalchewtoy

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Go away. You are a one trick donkey.

VegasRick on November 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Not Forward, but forewarned.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Two days away from a new beginning.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Amanda Carpenter ‏@amandacarpenter

Exactly what I’ve been saying!

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Not Forward, but forewarned.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Two days away from a new beginning.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

*CRACK
Grand Slam!

VegasRick on November 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Write in candidate: Vote for revenge!

Storybec on November 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Vote for revenge. For REVENGE, Mitt accentuates. LOL.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Another great speech by Mitt. He really does draw a contrast with Barky.

Philly on November 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I’ve been reading more about the mess in New York, and it finally hit me this morning:

Bush hates NYC.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Sweet! Especially coming from the mouth of Miss Piggy.

Eren on November 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Amanda Carpenter ‏@amandacarpenter

Exactly what I’ve been saying!

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Wow. Just Wow.

Eren on November 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM

The only reason the trolls keep returning is that people keep engaging with them and responding to their illusions and delusions. Why not give the rest of us some peace and not give them the satisfaction?

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Steve Eggleston on November 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

You know, that sounds crazy upon first reading, but then I realize that this is the same Harry Reid who has refused to allow America to have a budget since 2009.

It’s possible that Harry Reid is the most disgraceful, treasonous, America-hating Senator in the history of that “august” body.

No Senator in history has done what he’s done.

So could he somehow wave his wand and insist that Biden gets to be VP?

With Dingy Harry, all bets are off.

I think he’s an alien or something.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Bush hates NYC.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Oh that’s classic…comment of the day for sure! I’m just waiting for the big Oaf to say “Heckuva job there, Janet”!

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM