Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on November 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Time once again to get down to business and take a stab at choosing the Obamateurism of the Week! As always, follow the links if you’re confused, because we at Hot Air leave no OOTW voter behind … but you have to be on the Internet to reach us, of course.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The real question is “What wasn’t?”

ProfShadow on November 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Inventory of the Whitehouse Crockery: One Barack Obama, check, One Moochell Obama, check, two little Obama girls, Check, One very scared Portuguese Water Dog… Ok… where’s the Portuguese Water Dog?

SWalker on November 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Bush hates NYC.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Oh that’s classic…comment of the day for sure! I’m just waiting for the big Oaf to say “Heckuva job there, Janet”!

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM

In all seriousness, I guarantee that a couple ex-friends of mine could make an argument that Sandy and the resulting mess are Bush’s fault.

Seriously.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You know, that sounds crazy upon first reading, but then I realize that this is the same Harry Reid who has refused to allow America to have a budget since 2009.

And you know what’s really disturbing about that is that he’s failed to do his JOB, could care less whether the government has a budget or not, and people keep RE-ELECTING him. And why do they do that in Nevada? Because he’s the Special Favor man.

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

SWalker on November 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Doggone.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Please, oh dear Lord, let Mr. Morrissey complete his promise to end all Obamateurisms this Tuesday night. Amen

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

PRAISE THE LORD! AMEN

NOMOBO on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I hear Jimmy Hoffa needs some company. Couldn’t happen to a nicer man.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Seriously.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

People I work with could do the same. I bet PBS could do a whole series about it. haha. BTW, he hates New Jersey even worse.

scalleywag on November 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I think most voters are confusing the most outrageous lie with the greatest evidence of ammeture incompetence.

jaydee_007 on November 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM

One thing for sure, I’m going to miss the Obamateurisms after January. Oh well, can’t have everything.

Thomas More on November 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM

“We leave nobody behind” is the most optimal choice

SheVee on November 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Seriously.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Well, we are reaping Bush’s inaction on Global Warming.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Where is “All of the above” choice.

Dasher on November 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Go away. You are a one trick donkey.

VegasRick on November 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

But he does two shows a night in Tijuana.

Extrafishy on November 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I would have preferred to go with “all of the above” but it wasn’t an option so I chose the bayonets. The reason was based on the importance of him winning the debate and his demeanor at that point, I’m sure, cost him some votes. He appeared arrogant and, later when facts came out, misinformed. That’s not a good position for a President of the United States to be in during a debate. I’d love to know who told him that would be a good line. Somehow I doubt he brought that up on the spur of the moment.

bflat879 on November 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM

The UK Guardian is covering Hurricane Katrina damage in detail.

This is Obama’s Hurricane Katrina — and the American press is trying to suppress this fact.

Mutnodjmet on November 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Question Ed:

After Obama is kicked out of office on Tuesday, he’s still President until January 20th, 2013. Are we keeping OOTD up and going until then, or will we just end it on December 31st, go with an OOTY, and then maybe an Obamateurism of The Term so we can finally say goodbye to this loser?

BKennedy on November 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

As Zombie put it, an October surprise every frickin’ day with this jackarse.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Again, minor changes, but to say it didn’t hurt Romney or help Obama is insane. Job approval #s higher, nat’l polls tightened a bit.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Benghazi, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody cares about Benghazi.
gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

FOAD, stephanie!

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Amanda Carpenter ‏@amandacarpenter
Dear God. Savannah Guthrie just called #sandy a “moment handed from above” for Obama to appear presidential

Exactly what I’ve been saying!

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Wow. Just Wow.

Eren on November 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Almost unbelievable, isn’t it?

Until one realizes that pokey is a leftist trying to bolster d’ohbama.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

PRAISE THE LORD! AMEN

NOMOBO on November 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Not until January 20, 2013.

There are plenty of OOTD/W/Y to come…unfortunately.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Obama’s going to need a bigger Bomber Jacket!

profitsbeard on November 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

It’s hard to choose. What a Dummy!

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I hear Jimmy Hoffa needs some company. Couldn’t happen to a nicer more deserving man worm.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Just a minor correction. There’s nothing nice about that thief.

[OT - You doin' OK, c_l?]

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Well, we are reaping Bush’s inaction on Global Warming.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

BWAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What “global warming”?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Ya gotta love that the true believers always capitalize “global warming”…as though that would make it real.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Well, we are reaping Bush’s inaction on Global Warming.

davidk on November 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You might blame China….. the world’s biggest polluter now, with almost no controls.

My uncle came back from there last month and said that the air pollution was unbelievable.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Just a minor correction. There’s nothing nice about that thief.

[OT - You doin' OK, c_l?]

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

yeah, packing to leave. Thanks for the kind words last night. i’ve been under incredible pressure and finally had to vent. I’m embarrassed at the level of detail, but that’s the way it goes when one is so stressed out, I guess. What sucks is that what I posted was true, and really not exaggerated.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

What’s really bad is how Harry Reid is allowed to lead the Senate, although he is a child molester.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Is claymation polluting non- polls threads now? That thing needs help badly.

jimver on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

It was a toss up between telling folks with no homes/electricity to head to the internets for help but the utter disgrace of the Lybian affairs wins out.

NY Conservative on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Notice how more and more republicans are on stage with Romney?

Also take notice of ZERO democrat party members in good standing being at a college campus with Obama.

That speaks volumes.

jukin3 on November 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The Secretary of Business when we already have a Secretary of Commerce should be a winner. But it’s hard to choose it, when you have Obama apply the classic military “No man left behind” to a hurricane after refusing to take such a position in Libya, where it really mattered.

I picked the Secretary of Business anyway, though. Because his “no man left behind” comment just reeked of arrogant presumption that he can get away — and has already gotten away — with Benghazi.

It’s hard to treat that comment as if it were something as mundane as a blunder. I think it was deliberately spiking the football.

tom on November 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM

#4 was the choice, I went with #5.

Bmore on November 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Yeah, me too. Stewpid beyond belief.
(I spelled that wrong on purpose.)

Colorado Anne on November 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Secretary of “Business”? Isn’t Commerce, Business? Don’t we have a Secretary of Commerce? What planet is the Harvard Grad on???

bflat879 on November 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

All of the above this week. I picked Obama’s shameless “leave nobody behind.” Disgusting.

conservative pilgrim on November 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Great list. Need a list of all the apologies for America. Top of the list would be the apologies for the video after Benghazi, IMHO intended to spark riots, possible to use as cover

My choice for the very worst of the worst Obama mouth offs, would be ‘voting is the best revenge’ and taking credit even via surrogates for killing bin Laden

1. Voting for revenge. In the old days, it would be called a ‘Freudian slip’

—- cheapening the vote

2. Bragging up killing bin Laden, and making it personal is just un Presidential. Unless presented as an act of justice, the act is simply a killing. Obama decided to equate killing bin Laden with eliminating al Quaeda and the boast machine went into overtime

—- cheapening the meaning of justice

Obama has cheapened many institutions, from hiring a shadow cabinet to avoid Congressional oversight, to bringing in Obamacare for a vote before it could be read, to granting amnesty, to fast and furious. He is working overtime to re define justice and rule of law and like ancient Roman despots, has the Senate to facilitate the transfer of rights

entagor on November 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Obama then follows up with a line from the campaign trail, “I believe in country that rewards hard work and responsibility…”

…by confiscating those rewards and giving them to irresponsible louses.

tdarrington on November 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Ed, I have really enjoyed you daily and Sunday obamateurism’s!

What, if anything, do you have planned for Mitt? You can bet your bippy you won’t have much to work with dealing with Mitt? At least I hope not!
L

letget on November 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Barry is a never-ending fountain of stupidity… The internet comment shows a complete lack of understanding of the basic breakdown that was occurring in the affected areas. Obama is a Dunce on all levels that matter.

RalphyBoy on November 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Leave no one behind was, to me, an unforgivable statement after Benghazi. It goes down as the most horrific thing BHO had done IMHO. I can’t imagine how anyone could vote for him and still love and appreciate our citizens serving overseas.

katablog.com on November 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

This is another poll to which the only response is: “all of the above.”

Lourdes on November 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

katablog.com on November 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

That speaks for me, too.

Lourdes on November 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

“The best revenge is voting.” Maybe that’s next week’s entry, but it sure sounded like he had no clue.

flataffect on November 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Wow, you really need a “Select All” tab this week.

ndalager on November 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

C’mon, Ed, it’s just getting too danged hard to pick one; they’re all indicative of the man’s complete lack of connection to the real world. It’s like if you asked me to pick out my favorite kid — one or two of them might be standing on real thin ice at the moment, but they’re still my kids and I can’t decide one is more valuable than the other three.

On 20 January 2013, you are planning to do an Obamateurism of the Term, aren’t you? That one will be a really hard choice; he’s done so many, many stupid things since the day he was elected. But it would be a fitting end to the reign of King of the Entire World Obama I.

catsandbooks on November 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM

‘Leave no one behind’
Except if your caught up swapping bullets with muzzies then .. I’ll side with the Muslims is Reality for King Putt the ONCE and the SEAL’s can go to Hell.
Interesting that Cindy Sheehan could set up a puptent in Crawford Texas and have the MSM (Manipulating Stories Machine) spend millions to set up remotes to broadcast Cindy and her Code Pink affiliates but today they are spiking any comments from Mr. Woods about his deceased/murdered SEAL son’s efforts to aid our AMBASSADOR in Libya. Disgusting.

Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty & Tyrone Woods could not be reached for comment.

Missilengr on November 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM