Romney: Vote for love of country, not revenge

posted at 11:31 am on November 3, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

ICYMI, on the campaign trail on Ohio on Friday, the president had just a few choice words about why people should get out and vote in response to rally-goers booing at the mention of Mitt Romney.

I won’t even waste a facepalm on this swing-and-a-miss, but I have to wonder: What, exactly, was the president thinking here? (I think it’s safe to guess that that was not on the teleprompter.) I realize it was meant to be a casually funny, throwaway remark, but when you’ve run such a doggedly negative campaign and people are craving that good ol’ Hopenchange spirit of days gone by, it just sounds snide and petty. This is the time in the race when you’d think both candidates would be going for an uplifting, positive tone, and “revenge” is a pretty harsh and loaded word that begs some logical questions: Revenge against whom? The GOP candidate who’s had the audacity to challenge him and his failed policies in this pesky democratic system of ours? Or, perhaps, could it be for revenge against the stagnant economy and failed policies of the last four years? That would make much more sense.

What’s more, it sets Romney up for some wholesome rejoinders, like this one:

Did you see what President Obama said today? He asked his supporters to vote for “revenge.” For “revenge.” Instead, I ask the American people to vote for love of country.

Easy peasy. This was at a mega-rally in Ohio last night, by the way, that turned up tens of thousands of supporters and included dozens of bigtime GOPers who’ll be stumping on Romney’s behalf throughout the battleground states in the closing days. Coming to a swing state near you, via CNN:

At least 40 of those surrogates appeared at the chilly outdoor rally with Romney and Ryan that drew a massive audience in the Cincinnati suburb– crowd estimates ranged from 18,000 to 30,000 – and included a performance by Kid Rock, who belted out “Born Free” from on top of a piano.

Guests included 2008 GOP presidential nominee Arizona Sen. John McCain; Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida; House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio; and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani who delivered a series of blistering zingers against the president who rallied the crowd with line after line of reasons why Obama should “resign” and faulting him for “incompetence” over the Libya consulate attacks. …

Of the GOP powerhouse Romney said, “They are about to Fan out across the entire nation to make sure we have victory on November 6, and some comic on the team has named us the Romney-Ryan Real Recovery Road Rally – I got it out – that’s R6 for short.They’re going to make sure we win. Ohio is the center place. We’re going to make sure this is the place we take. And we’re going to take back the White House.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Mrs. Obama and Mr. Wonder were here in Jacksonville the other day and got 4700 people in a venue that holds 6000. Not bad.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Not bad but, still, it’s Stevie and you’d think they could fill a 6K venue, unless he wasn’t performing. He did perform at the Cleveland one for the 200 that did show up.

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM

PPP tracking poll…

Obama 50
Romney 47

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I am shocked, shocked, that PPP is making up polls showing Obama winning.

PPP is as big joke as you and Nate Silver.

milcus on November 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I see the paid Obama operative gumby is back on HA, furiously fapping for dollars.

I’m not sure, however, who he thinks he’s fooling or what, exactly, he believes he is achieving.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

He is achieving making HA hard to look at with his spams because the crap he puts up has no thought or comprehension it’s just a can of spam, you know the stuff people would love to have right now after the huuricane, his dear leader couldn’t even do that

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Well, it looks like its going to be a late night/early morning over here in the Hindu Kush to find out if we have a new CDR in Chief!

A part of me thinks Romney is going to run the table on most of these swing states due to ridiculous D+8, D+9, polling that will not materialize and another part of me thinks Obama will win in a squeaker and depressing many military members over here…

“Remember Benghazi!” g2825m

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I have to tell you that I am very uncomfortable with public grief of parents. I felt bad for Ms. Sheehan and I feel bad for Mr. Woods and Mrs. Smith but I think they can be to easily exploited.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Their pain is difficult to watch however in the case of Ms. Smith and Mr. Woods they deserve answers that they are not getting. At least IMO.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

PPP tracking poll…

Obama 50
Romney 47

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

D+5 is a wack off dream

Pop trying to set the narrative.

Nope Obama is toast and so are you douche

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

If the split is D+5, this result spells doom for Romney, since yesterday’s split was D+7 and Obama only lead by 1 point.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I don’t know, I think the public is on to Harry Reid. Also, instead of saying ‘I won” and “I have a gift” I think a President Romney would shame the Democrats to the table with the desire to get things done. Obama could have been successful if he hadn’t worked so hard to shut Republicans out.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Dear Lord – they made them bid knowing they were out.

Take a credit card – call up Target/Walmart or whomever has the closest distribution center and buy up everything they have.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Not for people like gumby who celebrates when Americans die

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Fair or not, I don’t think incumbents fair well in the midst of a disaster.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Michael Anthony Bilandic most enthusiastically agrees.

farsighted on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

They definitely do, it is just so tricky. Another glaring double standard by the press.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Wrong again ass munch, you get d+2 at best, Ohio is lost for Obama, he couldn’t even fill a room. Go get bent somewhere else

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM

farsighted on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I had to look him up and as sketchy as Wikipedia is I think you will get a kick out of this particular sentence. “Many political observers saw Bilandic’s defeat as indicative of the end of Chicago’s Democratic machine.[citation needed]” Considering all the other things he went through besides the snow storm, I would have been glad to lose.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Don’t ever forget that you are in our prayers. Please take care of yourself. I am so back and forth on what I think will happen, I don’t know what to think.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Wrong again rubber breathe. All it means is that PPP like a lot of other media polls are tweaking their partisan sample to whatever it needs to be to show Obama ahead on any given day.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

As someone who does this for a living, you would not believe how furious those of us that serve are about Benghazi!! We do missions like this EVERY freakin’ day and know that we are being LIED to with what went down and it will ALL come out as it has been of late because there are likely people within my field that are not going to allow members of our gov’t sweep this under the rug.

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Not for people like gumby who celebrates when Americans die

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Oh, I can’t believe that, even of he/she/it.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I’m seeing lots of anti-Obama ads in California.

It would be soooo sweet if he took the state!!

PattyJ on November 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if a Mormon managed to unite Protestants,Catholics, and Jews to vote together to preserve Religious Liberty guaranteed in our constitution and conservative policy (foreign & domestic)…That could only happen in America.

The new Bishop (Kevin William Vann) of Orange County is from Ft. Worth Texas.

LA is the largest diocese in this county.

“Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles has encouraged U.S. Catholics to unite their faith with their actions in public life and in the voting booth to respond to a “hard secular turn” in society…

He said Catholics in America face a “new moment” in which the U.S. government has become “actively opposed to Catholic teachings and practices.” Catholics need to do “critical thinking and soul-searching” about their place in “a radically secular, ‘post-Christian’ America.”

Religious liberty, he noted, is a “crucial issue” but it is even more important what Catholics do with their religious liberty. One recommendation he made is that Catholics should renew their faith and their commitment to living their faith in society.

“Now, more than ever, we need to know our faith and we need to have the courage to bear witness to our beliefs and the teachings of the Church,” he said.

In his three most recent columns, Archbishop Gomez has addressed the issues of Catholic action in public life and in the voting booth…”

Read more: http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/US.php?id=6293#ixzz2BClqimEk

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Carl Cameron: Mitt Romney Is “Giddy” Behind the Scenes

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Guess again, pokey.
Updated 1pm 11/3/2012
Early vote: Dems 43% Repub. 36% + “Other” 21% (Hint: Romney is leading in Independent (Other)votes)
Mail in vote: Dem 35% Repub. 47% + “Other” 18%

Statewide at the bottom will make you even sicker.
Read and weep the previous week: http://nvsos.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2501

avagreen on November 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Like clockwork PPP releases their tracker with Obama up 3, 50-47. As I said before, PPP is working this weekend to create a narrative

This basically sums it up.

Funny how all the liberal “pollsters” are releasing poll after poll this weekend that shows Obama winning swing states, the national election, and everything in between. Has nothing to do with setting a narrative in spite of what the numbers in the states show.

milcus on November 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Oh, I can’t believe that, even of he/she/it.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It never denied it look at previous posts on bhegazi and the hurricane

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

The problem is that the voters deserve to know now, on the chance that Obama could be reelected. If he is, he has an ace in the hole. Joe Biden is impeachment insurance. The only thing worse than Obama.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Thanks, Cindy! I say trust me that THIS threat was known in ADVANCE and the idea that Sec Clinton, Pres Obama, and Ms Rice would roll out the video excuse KNOWING what they KNOW…and I do KNOW what they KNOW…is revolting!!!

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Mitt Romney is the man.

He is kicking barrys purple azz all over the map.

Bye Barry, thanks for sinking a barge load of Donks. Now you must join them.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I think he has been genuinely touched by the crowds.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

“Remember Benghazi!” g2825m

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Indeed! And, stay safe so you can salute your CiC-elect come early next week. We got your and your buddie’ six back here, and THIS war is going to be won on Tuesday.

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Then he/she/it has my sympathy for being obviously mentally unbalanced.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Carl Cameron: Mitt Romney Is “Giddy” Behind the Scenes

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I think he’s going to be one of the best presidents we’ve ever had.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Carl Cameron: Mitt Romney Is “Giddy” Behind the Scenes

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I was expecting to hear they thought they were going to win. Instead, it’s just typical end of the campaign stuff.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

buddies’

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

“Remember Benghazi!” g2825m

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I will be thinking of you when I cast my vote. I want you to have a CIC that respects all of you the way you should be respected.

Hang in there – we’ll bring this home.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yea gumby your right , I guess saying go out and toe for revenge is a campaign that is winning message. Idiot

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hopenchange was a miserable failure.

Mitt will have to clean up the mess left by heussain.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I saw that Anheuser Busch has stopped making beer so it can bottle water for the Sandy victims. We really do have such great people in this country.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I’ll back Cindy in her comments. Thank you for your service.
This post and your previous post gives me hope that these lies will be uncovered! I so admire people such as yourself and your fellow soldiers that continue on despite the horrible C-i-C you all now have.

Sic ‘em!

avagreen on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Thanks, TXUS…

Let’s get everyone out to vote! You do not know how bad we want “Change” over here in certain areas.

If PA goes early for Romney then the election is Romney’s!

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Vote for revenge is a message from a winning campaign everyone, don’t you see that, that’s a campaign that is winning in all internals – Gumby

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

72 hours to go, and you just keep on whistling past the graveyard. Both Romney and Obama know who’s going to win, and roughly by what margin. The real question is, Will you dare show up on HotAir after Tuesday evening?

spiritof61 on November 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hey rubber breath? There’s one candidate who is still today slinging mud in hopes that something, anything will stick, and it ain’t Romney. It’s as sure a sign as any on where the race really stands.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Dear Lord – they made them bid knowing they were out.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

This hit google an hour ago…

Hooray for Nestle & private sector companies.

Nestle Waters North America Sending 5.4 Million Bottles of Water for Hurricane Sandy Victims.

STAMFORD, Conn., Nov. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — More than five million bottles of water will be arriving this weekend and early next week in New York and New Jersey communities hard hit by Hurricane Sandy. Approximately 100 trucks will be converging on the region from Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) plants in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Texas and Maine, where employees are working tirelessly to meet the acute needs of storm victims.

Churches from all over the country are collecting supplies & sending them with volunteers.

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

(You know…….you really do a disservice to my favorite cartoon people.)

Have you read my post above about Nevada and your false numbers?

Guess again, pokey.
Updated 1pm 11/3/2012
Mail in vote: Dem 35% Repub. 47% + “Other” 18%

Statewide at the bottom will make you even sicker.

avagreen on November 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

avagreen on November 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Cher and Kathy Griffin are already in mourning.

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

PPP definitely needed to tweak their sample when it was D+7 to get the 1 pt lead. But to lower the split to D+5 and Obama still gains two pts…not good for team Romney.

No poll is trending in the right direction for Romney on this last weekend. And someone always pulls away a bit in the end.

I’ve never seen such denial before. But I will look forward to my 100.00.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

FANTASTIC!

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM

When Boss Daley died he did not leave behind a preselected and groomed successor, throwing the Machine into disarray.

In the ensuing internal power struggle Bilandic emerged as the temporary compromise between competing factions within the Machine. He and his supporters hoped to leverage this to retain and consolidate power.

Then a record blizzard hit. Streets were not plowed for many days, even weeks. Bilandic was blamed. The Machine was still in the midst of internal power struggles. Enter the unlikely Jane Byrne. Then Harold Washington, because in the next Mayoral election (essentially the Democratic primary) Byrne and Ritchie Junior split the non-black vote. Finally Junior managed to grab power, keep it, and stabilize the Machine. The Machine is alive and well and thriving. The Rahmfather, credit John Kass, was selected and supported for Mayor by the Machine.

Even though part of the Machine, Bilandic lost his chance to become Boss Daley’s successor because of a record blizzard.

Would be nice to see something similar happen to Napoleon Bloomberg.

farsighted on November 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Dang, I thought I saw a comment from someone who went to a Romney Rally today and now I can’t find it. Did any of you see this at National Review. I hope I don’t get in trouble for pasting the whole thing.

Benghazi, 2012, by Rudyard Kipling
By NRO Staff
November 2, 2012 8:58 P.M.
Comments

They shall not return to us, the resolute, the young,
The eager and whole-hearted whom we gave:
But the men who left them thriftily to die in their own dung,
Shall they come with years and honour to the grave?

They shall not return to us; the strong men coldly slain
In sight of help denied from day to day:
But the men who edged their agonies and chid them in their pain,
Are they too strong and wise to put away?

Our dead shall not return to us while Day and Night divide–
Never while the bars of sunset hold.
But the idle-minded overlings who quibbled while they died,
Shall they thrust for high employments as of old?

Shall we only threaten and be angry for an hour:
When the storm is ended shall we find
How softly but how swiftly they have sidled back to power
By the favour and contrivance of their kind?

Even while they soothe us, while they promise large amends,
Even while they make a show of fear,
Do they call upon their debtors, and take counsel with their friends,
To conform and re-establish each career?

Their lives cannot repay us–their death could not undo–
The shame that they have laid upon our race.
But the slothfulness that wasted and the arrogance that slew,
Shall we leave it unabated in its place?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks, Gopher and Avagreen!

Trust me on the Libya issue…we know what certain reporting says and what the truth is and it will come out in one way or another as you are seeing certain “secret cables” being released to Catherine Herridge and Jennifer Griffin. There are people in a certain field that will not allow this travesty to stand!

Get me some Romney!

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yes…We are Americans.

List of church affiliated disaster relief organizations working together to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

It’s like Mitt said, if we could only get FEMA and the union goons out of the way, private companies and citizens could actually make good things happen.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Would be nice to see something similar happen to Napoleon Bloomberg.

farsighted on November 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I think he’s done, I’m just not sure he knows it yet. I couldn’t believe they gave him a third term.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks, Gopher and Avagreen!

Get me some Romney!

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Indeed!! Have you sent your absentee ballot already? :)…

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Mailed not se t that is :)…

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

This whole thread should become a book. We’re distilling 4 years into one thread…and it’s excellent, well footnoted, full references, and documentation-a-plenty, how Chicago criminals are trying to take over the U.S.

Random example of awesomeness on this thread:

This is Nazi/Soviet territory, truly. It is an embarrassment to the founding ideals of the United States of America.

It is tyranny… brought on by executive order from a Caligulan/Neroan chief executive.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM

But if the Chicago Way somehow gets to say “We Won” again…what then, patriots?

CIVIL disobedience. Keyword: CIVIL.

“Don’t Tread On Me!”

Who is John Galt on November 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yes…We are Americans.

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I am glad this is all happening for those on the East Coast, however, I have one critique and do not take this wrong but have we still not learned from Katrina and ALL the other large hurricanes in the last 50 years that we should have had these supplies at least IN THE REGION/AREA?

I know that we did not know EXACTLY where it was going to hit but we could have these supplies staged inland and at several “distribution centers” so our fellow Americans are not having to starve and wait 6-7 days for the rest of the country to send supplies? Is this a rational question? I believe it is.

They should have porta-potties as well pre-staged inland as well so within at least 48 hours people are getting relief.

Just my two afghani’s…

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

You are the delusional and the one in denial. Besides, what 100.00 would that be, the one that your masters pay you, as per your own admission, to post the crapola talking points they fed you. You know you are in violatin of the TOS of this site if you are indeed paid to do agit prop for obama here.

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Anyone seen this? NAACP TAKES OVER POLLING STATION?

lovingmyUSA on November 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I was home on leave in late SEP and voted then! One punched for the R&R ticket in AZ…which will go Romney anyway.

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

But if the Chicago Way somehow gets to say “We Won” again…what then, patriots?

CIVIL disobedience WAR. Keywords: CIVIL WAR.

“Don’t Tread On Me!”

Who is John Galt on November 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

FIFY

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM

CIVIL disobedience. Keyword: CIVIL.

“Don’t Tread On Me!”

Who is John Galt on November 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Regardless of who wins, the days of ignoring D.C. are over. They must earn our trust all over again. Those who turn a blind eye to incompetence and theft are almost as bad as those who perpetrate it.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Sounds of a winning campaign

OBAMA DEMONIZES TEA PARTY IN FINAL DAYS OF CAMPAIGN

Vote for revenge

Winning messages, more like please come out and vote because I’m going to get destroyed

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I made the wager with him that Romney would win in hopes of shutting him up. Instead he’s doubled down on stupid.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I pasted it here last night. It’s very powerful.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

That’s just more of you guys living in fantasyland. I don’t work for any campaign.

Tell me the truth. You can feel this election slipping away from Romney, can’t you? Every poll shows the race tilting to Obama and nothing changes that dynamic now.

Who knows what would have happened without the hurricane.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

Much, much larger than what Romney drew on Friday.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

lovingmyUSA on November 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Did you link this on the fraud thread, Mr. Rywall will be so interested.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM

INC on November 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Darn, sorry I missed it. Oh well, maybe some other new folks got to read it. I agree it is very powerful.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

GIGANTIC? What was that? 700, 800 folks??

I have enjoyed the spin I have seen on MSNBC and CNN over here about why Obama is not drawing the large crowds.

Also I see how the MSM is NOT posting any crowd shots that I have seen of Romney’s 18-30K that showed up in Cincinnati. Cannot have that out there on the websites as that will further depress Obama voters.

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

This is background on Kipling’s poem “Mesopotamia” that NRO retitled Benghazi, 2012, by Rudyard Kipling.

The subject of the poem is the Mesopotamia campaign of World War I, and, specifically, the administrative bungling that led to General Townshend’s surrender of Kut in April 1916, which one historian has called ‘the most abject capitulation in British military history’ . . .

. . . the verses seek vengeance for the deaths caused by the incompetent leadership of a military operation that was a strategic, tactical, and logistical disaster. In six quatrains of ballad-like rhyme and metre, Kipling lets loose all his powers of public rhetoric to revolt against the appalling and unnecessary suffering of the common soldier, and calls for revenge on the politicians and generals responsible for the administration of a system generally admitted to be ‘hopelessly inadequate’.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I hope they will as well.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Good nite all! Got to get to bed. Make those calls!

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

Much, much larger than what Romney drew on Friday.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

You are truly pathetic. Obama’s crowd was estimated at 20k per ABC. Romney’s was 20-30k last night per media and fire chief. You are a lying fool.

RepublicanInMA on November 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM

It is more than appropriate for the Benghazi incident. It’s sadly beautiful.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I was at the Obama rally in Milwaukee.

Not much enthusiasm on display. Signs of desperation everywhere.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

Much, much larger than what Romney drew on Friday.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Wrong again rubber breath

While Romney drew 30,000 plus in Ohio Friday night the Marxist only drew the following in Milwaukee.

Partisan hacks in the national media openly advocating for Obama say 18,000 attended President Obama’s rally today in Wisconsin with no evidence whatsoever. Local press who are pleased to see the President but who also do their job and report on the actual event say 5,000. Thankfully we have battlegroundwatch.com commenter “cliftonchr” breaking down the conundrum.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I’m from Texas a right to work state…This just makes me shake my head.

“On his nationally syndicated talk radio program Friday, Sean Hannity played audio of what he said were union workers in New York City yelling “Scabs!” and “Scumbags!” at nonunion utility workers who came to the city to help reconnect power lines after Hurricane Sandy

The audio Hannity played Friday featured what he said were “union thugs” berating utility workers from Alabama.

“Go back where you came from! Look at her face! Scab! Look at her face, scab! That’s who you’re hurting, scab! You feel good tonight? Go home, you bunch of scabs! That’s who you’re hurting! Taking our jobs! That’s who you’re hurting, scabs! You’re hurting families!”

Hannity was outraged. “These are old people. They need heat. … Utility workers from Alabama, they get turned around,” he said.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie pledged Friday that he wouldn’t permit union interference with power restoration, but the governments of New York state and New York City have been silent on the matter. (RELATED: Christie threatens “Disaster Control Act” order to guarantee nonunion utility workers can help restore NJ power)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/shock-audio-ny-union-members-shout-scabs-and-scumbags-at-visiting-utility-crews/#ixzz2BCwCfYx9

Add prayers for the volunteers & utility workers sent from all over the country to try and help

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

Much, much larger than what Romney drew on Friday.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

RepublicanInMA on November 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

All union and teacher

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

Much, much larger than what Romney drew on Friday.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

RepublicanInMA on November 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I was comparing what Obama drew in Milwaukee today compared to what Romney drew in West Allis (just outside Milwaukee) on Friday.

20,000 vs 4,000.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I spoke with many saddened liberals in Milwaukee. They admitted it was a lost cause for their messiah.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Holy crap 5000 that’s it in Milwaukee , hahahahaha

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM

BTW, a GIGANTIC crowd in Milwaukee today for Obama.

Much, much larger than what Romney drew on Friday.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

RepublicanInMA on November 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

All union and teacher

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

LOL, now excuses as to why so many people showed up!

You guys are going to be crushed on Tuesday night. And I’ll be here to love every minute of it. Not because I like the result, but because you all have been in denial and need to wake up.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It is more than appropriate for the Benghazi incident. It’s sadly beautiful.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

In addition to the power of the words, the thing that gives it added punch is that it’s so appropriate NRO could take it and post it in its entirety without changing anything except the title.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Who knows what would have happened without the hurricane.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Why, bless your deluded little heart.

Right to the better end, huh?

PPP is designed to create one narrative – FRAUD – or the hint of it – in “too close to call” swing states. Then your Messiah can try to pull an Al Gore and hope for the hanging chad vote, when it has been your side pulling all the early voting crap.That’s all he’s got left.

Then of course, you’ll claim that Romney was your man all along.

Just be here on Tuesday night to say your goodbyes, and then GTFO for good.

I’m sure Ed & Allah have just been waiting until throwing the ban hammer beginning Election Night so we can collectively watch your pathetic slithering ass crawl out of here.

I can’t wait.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on November 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM

The Milwaukee crowd was rather small and deenergized maybe 4,500 tops

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Oh and here’s a link on that so-called gigantic crowd for the Marxist. Turns out it may have only been about 5,000.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

20,000 vs 4,000.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It wasn’t 20 k. Show me pics

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Sounds of a winning campaign

OBAMA DEMONIZES TEA PARTY IN FINAL DAYS OF CAMPAIGN

Vote for revenge

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Bbbbbut…The media has been saying or over a year that the Tea Party was dead or sumthin’

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

OH SNAP

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hey, did you that it’s under a two-hour drive from Chicago to Milwaukee?

Just saying.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM

You need to take into account that Obama is having people like Katy Perry and Bruce Springsteen show up to these events and is HIGHLY LIKELY why at least some of the thousands are showing up and NOT because of Obama.

On the flip side, Romney had Kid Rock, however, Romney’s supporters are NOT showing up because of Kid Rock. They show up because they believe in America and the new direction it needs to go from the previous four years.

Those are the differences in crowd size and why.

okay, good night again.

g2825m on November 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Many in the milwaukee crowd were paid and complained that it wasn’t worth it.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Many in the milwaukee crowd were paid and complained that it wasn’t worth it.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Now that it totally believable. See my comment about how close Milwaukee is to Chicago.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM

A few people in the Milwaukee crowd thought they were going to get a free phone. They left when they found out it was a trick to get them to show up.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Obama drew 4000 today in Milwaukee.

I can’t find a news article on how many Mitt drew in West Allis, but the figure on two sites is ‘thousands’.

Liam on November 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

That’s like that city in (I think) Connecticut who pelted their electric company guys with eggs because their mayor felt that they were not high enough on the work order list. So stupid. As if the workers decide where they go. Morons.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Sorry wrong link my bad. I’ll try to find the correct one.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Obama drew 4000 today in Milwaukee.

Liam on November 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I just looked up the venue in Wikipedia, it holds 4200 people hahaha

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Comment: (from registered commenter “who is john galt?”) I followed some posted links to Twitchy, and found a modern comment system. Salem should borrow it for us, it’s SO much easier to follow the conversation. HA was born, when, 2005? Tech has improved. Twitchy comment system: recommended.
What is the nature of this message?: Report a technical issue

Clue.